Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 07:58 PM   #1  

Default DDR for TV (enough acronyms for ya?)

Hi everyone. I did some research and found this product - a DDR type game that plugs directly into your TV. I have no idea the quality, how it works, whatever, but they say the price is only $29.99, so it's way more affordable than buying a game system. I may get one - then I can have one upstairs too!

Here's the link: http://www.ddrgame.com/dadareddrtvp1.html

Let me know if any of you get one, and what you think of it.

Angela
Old 02-14-2005, 08:17 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Whoa!!! I am seriously considering this! I mean, why not? If it's stinky or dinky or whatever, we wouldn't be out all that much!
Old 02-14-2005, 08:18 PM   #3  

Shipping is $14.16, a little steep -- but still for a total of $44.15, it's not bad!
Old 02-14-2005, 09:11 PM   #4  

My goodness, why would shipping be that much??? I know people say it gets there very quickly. Why can't I choose the super slow shipping, and pay less? Oh well. Guess every good thing has to have something wrong with it.

Angela
Old 02-14-2005, 09:12 PM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Angela - which game and game pad to you have? Pros and cons? I am considering buying the one for PS2. Also am I correct in assuming that if I buy the package w/2 dance pads that both can be connected and used at the same time (by different players?) or I can just use one pad if I'm a solo dancing maniac? The prices on this site seem pretty reasonable! (forget to check if they ship to Canada!!!).

Froufie
Old 02-14-2005, 09:19 PM   #6  

Right now I use MC Dance Groovs something or other game for the Nintendo GameCube. I hear the PS2 game is better though, but I've got no complaints about my game. I wish it had more songs (mine has 29) but no big deal. You can play cooperatively with someone else at the same time, or do a dance face off, where you compete. Or you can play by yourself. Or, you can use the joystick and sit there hitting buttons with your thumbs, but it wouldn't be nearly as fun.

I'm off to dance now -
Angela
Old 02-14-2005, 09:34 PM   #7  
Card Carrying Princess

Okay - I DID IT - I placed a bid on ebay - ps 2 ddr extreme and two dance pads for $40US!!! - brand new! (plus around $22 shipping)....here it costs around $70 for the game alone and about $40 per pad!!!! so even w/the exchange I think it's a good deal.

This "auction" ends in about 5 mins so I should know pretty soon if I got it - in any case there are TONS of them available!

Hope to be dancing up a storm pretty soon! (okay I'm not paying for express shipping so it might be awhile?)

Bidding Froufie
Old 02-14-2005, 10:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I really want to get a second pad. Not only because I want to do a dance off, but because on DDR Max 2 for PS2, you can play double...like, single player, both pads at once! That seems like fun.

--Spring
Old 02-14-2005, 10:36 PM   #9  

Way to go Froufie! I think I need to stop playing quite so long/often. I have extremely flat feet, and am prone to shin splints with any high impact exercise. My right leg is starting to hurt. Maybe I'll have to come up with a lower impact way of playing, because I don't want my stupid flat feet to come between me and my favorite game!

Angela
Old 02-15-2005, 08:28 AM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Last time I looked, Ebay had these same TV games for 13.99 minimum bid. Assuming you could keep it near the minimum bid, you should be able to get it pretty cheap. Let me know if anyone is bidding for the TV game on Ebay. I might go for it too and don't want to be bidding against one of my friends.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:26 PM   #11  

Bumping this post up in case anyone's interested.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:34 PM   #12  

Woohoo!!! Just found this post. I need some input. Dh wants to get our boys a system. I am not sure which system to get, X-Box or Sony Playstation. Whichever one I get, I want to get DDR.

Are you ladies still using yours? What a fun way to get exercise!!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 12:45 PM   #13  
Card Carrying Princess

I actually keep forgetting I have one! I am still a newbie going thru the "lessons" and learning the moves/steps. As weather is warmer now I do tend to go outdoors more to exercise - but this is definitely a GREAT indoor option.

hmmm maybe time to plug it in again!

Frouf
Old 04-25-2005, 01:34 PM   #14  

I used mine a bunch (on GameCube) until I injured myself because of my stupid flat feet. If you were going to buy a game system for DDR, I'd get a Playstation because it has the most DDR options. GameCube only has one DDR game right now.

It's fun, great exercise, and when I'm doing it, I don't even notice I'm exercising!

I was thinking about trying again today, this time keeping my orthotics and shoes on...

Angela
Old 04-25-2005, 01:48 PM   #15  

Oh Angela! I have flat feet too. I was going to ask you if wearing shoes doing the exercise is a problem.
Closed Thread