100 lb. Club - Weekly weigh-in (Feb. 14-20)

View Full Version : Weekly weigh-in (Feb. 14-20)

barbygirl43
02-14-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm down 3.5 pounds this week. It's a great loss especially since AF decided to visit beginning on Thursday. I'm at 254.5. I now have less than 5 pounds until I'm out of the 250s :D

Oh and did I mention
I've officially lost 40 pounds!!!!

teapotdynamo
02-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Wow, Dawnyal, 40 pounds! That is GREAT news. You really have been on a roll lately -- we're so proud of you!! :cp: :cp:

As for me, I have no good news to report. Despite my adamant refusal to change my ticker, I'm up 3 pounds from there (205). I restarted the pill again with the beginning of TOM last week, and I am retaining water like you wouldn't BELIEVE. I have to keep reminding myself that it's not real weight because a) I've been 100% on plan, exercising like crazy, and shouldn't be showing a gain at all; b) My body fat % is wayyyyy low, proving that I'm basically a walking water balloon; and c) Weight gain/fluid retention is clearly a side effect of the bc pill. It's just really hard because I want to be in Onederland more than anything right now... my body is just NOT cooperating.

Sorry to vent about this, but I'm super, super discouraged and need a little support! So hard when you're doing all the right things but your body doesn't want to get with the program.

Hope everybody else had a good week!

kkayp
02-14-2005, 01:40 PM
I am down 4 more pounds

barbygirl43
02-14-2005, 02:11 PM
kay--WTG. You are already halfway to your disney goal. I'm sure you'll make it.

Jennifer--You'll probably be in onederland next week. You're going to take a flying leap over that 200 pound mark and land in the 190s, I have no doubt. I have to tell you that yesterday I was super discouraged. I went ahead and weighed myself Saturday morning (before my evening of indulgence) and was at 255. Then on Saturday morning I was at 258.5 and I couldn't fit into a size 22 shorts that were fitting well at the end of last summer. Talk about a super bummer but I didn't let it get me down and I didn't give in to food tempations and I'm so glad I didn't because all that water weight (and that's what it was from my TOM hitting Thursday) left me this morning.

LuvHamsters
02-14-2005, 02:22 PM
It'd like to join this thread. I"m still pretty new to 3FC, but am finding it a great motivating tool. (Who knew that moving that little ticker along would become the highlight of my day!?!).

I am glad to report that I am down 4 pounds from last week!! Woo-hoo!! My personal mini goal is to get to 249 by March 1st. All the exercising that I"m doing is really helping me achieve that! I'm actually excited about exercising....who knew??

For the most part, my eating has been really good. Yesterday is the exception to that rule. I ate nearly 800 calories more than I should have. We had steak-ums for dinner...which I was planning to have on a salad, so as to cut out the calories for the roll....but I did not follow that plan. Instead, I had TWO sandwiches, both on rolls, and tater tots. The only 'good' thing about eating like this was that I felt absolutely TERRIBLE after. I had horrible stomach pain and felt bloated and yucky all night. I am not using yesterday as an excuse to be 'bad' today--I'm getting right back on plan, which is good.

Anyway...that is my week. 5 days of exercise, 6 days of being on plan, 1 day off, and 4 pounds down.

This next week will be great!!! :):)

Charbar
02-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Dawnyal.. WTG! awesome.

I have a huge weight lose this week! Never to happen again. There are a few reasons for this.
1/ giving birth to a 8 1/2 lb baby helps :D
2/ I'm now using my bathroom scale - instead of the doctor's - there is about 4-5lbs in my favor there.
3/ I weighed in the morning. (My dr's appt were always right after I ate supper)

so... my weight lose is 16 lbs! I'm down to 242lbs.

I have no idea what kind of goal I want to set up. With nursing I know it's going to be different. Maybe 12 lbs by Memorial day? That's just shy of 1 lb a week - how does that sound? Any nursing moms out there that were on a diet?

Dana

barbygirl43
02-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Dana--I was on the "see food" diet. Sorry I can't be of much help. I do know that I dropped from 312 to 272 at my 8 week c-section checkup with just breastfeeding. But as we all know I gained all that back and then some. :)

I know weight watchers allows you extra points for breastfeeding and I believe you burn about 500 calories in the milk production. I'd have to look it back up to check for sure.

LuvHamsters
02-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Ohh...forget to add in my post before....Great job on the losses!! And--congrats on the baby--what a way to lose weight...:)

howie6267
02-14-2005, 04:21 PM
You all are doing so great. So many good reports. Dana I'm so glad to see you right back at it. You really kept focused and I'm sure that will start to pay off big for you now.

glynne
02-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Down 4 pounds this time ~ Yeah!! Makes up for the no loss at last weeks weigh in.

barbygirl43
02-14-2005, 05:05 PM
WTG Gayle!!! :bravo: you're getting closer and closer to onederland.

SwimGirl
02-14-2005, 05:09 PM
TOM is quickly approaching, and I weighed anyways, and I stayed the same. Woohoo! Usually I put on at LEAST 3 pounds.

-Aimee

theotherjen
02-14-2005, 10:47 PM
I am down another 3 pounds!!

Stinger766
02-14-2005, 11:42 PM
First, Jennifer, I'm sure you'll be in under 200 before you know it. It's the gain before the big loss. The pill will certainly do it for you.

Congrats to everyone else. I'm so happy to see everyone has been so successful.

As for me, I lost 3 lbs last week. I weighed myself Thursday and I'd lost 3 lbs, I weighed myself Saturday and I'd lost 6 lbs (I used both scales because I didn't believe it). I weighed gain today, which is my official weigh in day and it said 3 again so I'm registering an official 3. lol.

I have to say this evening I've been terrible! I'm letting being single on b day and this being the 4th anniversary of my ex's suicide get the best of me. I'm not going to continue though. I'm right back on track tomorrow.

Keep up the great work everyone!

BethC
02-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Down 2 more lbs this week! Almost 14lbs since 12/4!

Trying to get to my 10% before I leave for Aruba on 3/16!!

mabear
02-15-2005, 04:12 PM
I lost another lbs but I bought a new scale. Its digital and doesn't give different numbers depending on how you stand on it ;) The only problem is its 3.5 (different in the wrong direction). My old scale agreed with my OB's but I figure with so much to lose 3.5 doesn't matter. I adjusted my tracker and start weight. I ignored the .5 since it's wrong anyway lol

I feel funny posting here as I'm pg and my goals are different. My dr gave me the go ahead to maintain. I'm hoping to stay focused like Dana and jump right back into losing as soon as the baby is born.

Dana, the average baby eats about 26 oz of milk between 1 and 6 mos. 26 oz of milk is over 560 cals. That doesn't include the energy required to make it. I don't know what plan you are doing but don't be surprised by increased calorie requirement. 1 lbs/week sounds perfect but you might lose more unless you do what I did. I ate everything in sight and gained weight while nursing. Women that are starving still make the same quality of milk but less of it. As long as Eli is happy and gaining nicely don't worry about your milk. WTG on your weightloss!

Dawnyal, big congrats on hitting the 40 mark!

Jennifer, great going staying on plan even while discouraged. Hopefully your body will adjust quickly.

Congrats too to all you other losers (and maintainer that should have gained lol) :D

Catherine EDD#11 June 24th <--Amnio says GIRL!
hw/sw(pg)/cw/gw
272/258/241/155
mabear's homepage (http://www.plomp.com/mabear)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar007/chick01/lb/258/155/241/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

mezmerize
02-16-2005, 11:38 AM
1 lbs since I've been away.

dragonwoman64
02-17-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm down 3.5 pounds this week. It's a great loss especially since AF decided to visit beginning on Thursday. I'm at 254.5. I now have less than 5 pounds until I'm out of the 250s :D

Dawnyal! WAY TO GO! I'm excited for you. You're really doing well!

frenchiepolarbear
02-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Down 2 more pounds at 272. But that is not the best part of th e sotry

As my 44' size Jeans are now way to large; i went to buy 42's.....Just for fun, i also tried some 40's just to see how close i am to be able to tie them on....

I bought the 40's..... :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

mezmerize
02-17-2005, 03:01 PM
LOOK at you guys!!! It's so motivating to read this... Thanks So so much! and Congrats to all for taking time out to post!!

theotherjen
02-17-2005, 06:50 PM
Frenchiepolarbear-That is so fabulous...keep up the good work!

Keillynsmom
02-18-2005, 10:53 AM
I'm down 2 lbs this week to 302 lbs (sooooo clooooose...sigh.). Have to say I'm a little disappointed -- I thought once I got going with the weights and the treadmill and the low carbness, the weight would just fall off. But as Marge was talking about last week, small steps. Gotta learn to love the small steps. (mega-sigh.)

jillybean720
02-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Barabara,

2 pounds a week is excellent! You mentioned that you've been using weights--try to keep in mind that this will help to build muscle, so even if the scale isn't down 10 pounds, you're transforming your body and will probably lose inches faster!

howie6267
02-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Today is the day. Drum roll please.

I have now lost :dizzy: 100 pounds :dizzy: from last April. It feels so good to be able to say that. I am now down to the weight I was when I got married and will soon be in virgin fat territory. 302 is my lowest adult weight. Next stop 299.

zoritsa
02-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Pretty new here,but I'd like to join in with you all :goodvibes I'm down 2 lbs. since I started weighing myself again,nearly two weeks ago.It's been probably a good year or so since getting back into any weightloss routine.

265/238/150
SW/CW/GW

hautbois
02-18-2005, 12:00 PM
:cp: Wow Howie! That's great!!! Congratulations! :cp:

frenchiepolarbear
02-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Congrats Howie!!!!! Big Big milestone here

:bravo:

Keillynsmom
02-18-2005, 12:54 PM
WOOHOO Howie! Great job!

barbygirl43
02-18-2005, 04:18 PM
WTG Howie :cheer: That is so great.

Welcome zoritsa. 2 pounds is a nice number to lose in a week. Keep up the great work. :)

Barbara--you are so close. I'm sure you'll be telling us next week you are out of the 300s.

Frenchie--that is awesome. I love it when I can go down a dress size--almost as much as when the scale goes down ;)

Mez--welcome back to the fold and wtg on the loss.

mabear--you are doing so well with this pregnancy. I wouldn't worry about the change in scales. At least it happened at a time when the scale going down wasn't as important as eating healthy.

glynne
02-18-2005, 04:21 PM
Congratulations Howie on the milestone reached!! Way to go!!

dragonwoman64
02-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Wow, Howie, that's really exciting. Congrats.

Congrats to everybody else too, whether losing, maintaining, or gaining, you're here and trying.

I gained 2 this week :o I pretty much knew I would gain something. Wed and Thurs I ate 1600 calories, did extra exercise, and not one piece of chocolate passed my lips, so I got right back on plan, and I know I will lose next week, and would even be willing to take bets on it ;) I am motivated to put the work into it.

Barbara, I think 2 lbs is great, I know how it feels to be just on the verge of a goal. It will make getting into the 200's that much sweeter.

howie6267
02-19-2005, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Ivanna B. Skinny
02-19-2005, 09:57 AM
:dance: :dance: :jig: :cb: :bravo: @HOWIE-- WWOOOOOO HHOOOOOO!! You are THE MAN!!! 100 pounds is AWESOME!!!!! :flame: :dancer: :dancer: :balloons: :strong:
Congrats to ALL the other losers this week too!!! I've had a rough week, and wont weigh till Monday.

Stinger766
02-19-2005, 11:56 AM
Howie......GREAT JOB! I'm so happy for you. I know how great you must feel and it's a huge boost to the ego as well. :) You're an inspiration to us all and your accomplishments leave us all more motivated and sure we can succeed.

Barbara, it's extermely hard to look at the weekly loss instead of the big picture. When I started at 350 lbs last January I know 2 lbs a week seemed horrible and I hated it. As the weeks went on though and the #'s kept getting smaller on the scale and larger on my weight loss sheet I started to realize that it really is great! Doctors do say 1-2 lbs a week is the best in order to keep it off. Like they always say 2 lbs per week x 52 weeks is 104 lbs in a year! I didn't believe it, although logically I realized it was true until it actually happened to me. lol.

Great work this week everyone. Keep it up!

Br00klyn
02-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Howie - WHAT A FANTASTIC ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR YOU!! :dancer: :dance: :cheer: :dancer: :bravo: :cheer:

I'm so very proud of you - its taken you a lot of hardwork to get here and it must feel fantastic! :D Again, well done my friend - WELL DONE!!!

Anyways, just wanted to pop my head in and congratulate all you loosah's! Great Job Everyone!

As for me, still going along - I've decided not to weigh myself for another week or so since i had a bad one this week and don't want to get discouraged! :D

Gardenwife
02-21-2005, 05:15 AM
I'm frightfully proud of Howie, I must say. :) Y'all are such cool folks, such a great support to both of us. Congrats to everyone and hang in there if you're struggling.

I was down 1 pound this week. After being under my calories several days, that was kind of discouraging. But I swam three days last week and I know I'm feeling more toned -- scales be damned. ;)

By the way, I realized I'd put the wrong starting weight for myself in the weight tracker...Finally got around to updating it tonight! I actually got as high as 277lbs before I started heading down.

Gypsydancer
02-21-2005, 07:25 AM
Congratulations to Howie, and to everyone who lost, gained, or maintained! I'm down a pound. It seems like my weight loss fluctuates: I'll have a bigger loss, then the next week I'll lose just a little, or even gain, then the next week have a bigger loss again. Hopefully that trend will continue next week! I was too sick to exercise most of the week, so I think that had something to do with the smaller loss. But any loss is good, IMO!