South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 07:15 PM   #1  
Ohhh my oh my.

Default Hey. I'm new.

Hello, I'm new.. 16, 5"3, 130lbs. I know I'm not underweight, but I'm seriously unhappy with my body, as I have a very small frame and so I'm not comfortable. I'd like to be 110 for roundabout July time, and maintain that weight. I'm lacking in motivation.. I did the South Beach before but gave up and gained back the weight. I really want to do this; I have the will power, I just need the drive. How do I get this? I plan on starting Phase 1 tomorrow.

Thankyou. :] xx
Old 02-13-2005, 07:21 PM   #2  

Envision how great you are going to feel as you lose the weight Best of luck to you!
Old 02-13-2005, 10:58 PM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2005, 07:53 AM   #4  
Ohhh my oh my.

Haha thankyou girls! I started today. So far I've eaten breakfast: thinking outside the box, a few carrot sticks! Lovely! Hehe.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:58 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the Beach!
Make sure you eat enough, hon. How about a little protein with those carrot sticks.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:40 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach.
Hey! Eat protein. By the way, carrots are a until Phase II. Better read the Phase I food list in the FAQ section. You must eat enough of the right foods to lose weight on this plan.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:29 AM   #7  
beachbum

Hi
Welcome to the beach,It the healtiest diet out there,but you must eat more that carrotscarrots.I agree with the ladies you should have more protein . Check with your doctor or health provider on how much weight you should lose,and go by that. Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 02-14-2005 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:58 PM   #8  

Hi!!
I have never posted before but I feel like I am your twin!! I am also 5'3, not 130lbs anymore tho Last weigh-in was 121.5!!I have the some goal weight as you, too. Good luck and there is a lot of great info out there, make sure you know as much as the diet as you can and good luck!!
Old 02-17-2005, 09:11 PM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Victoria...Welcome aboard!
Old 02-18-2005, 08:17 AM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Victoria, welcome to you, too!!
Old 02-18-2005, 10:07 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hello to Victoria and OhLaLa!

Do read the book please...it really is important to know why you are eating the way you are on SBD. Also check out the FAQ...Dr. A updates the "Food to Avoid/Enjoy" lists frequently, and the latest is all in that post in the FAQ.

OhLaLa, remember that feeling better about your body is not just about weightloss, but emotional and mental change, too. There are some great books out there that may start you on that journey, and journaling can help too. You might also find that exercise helps tone you and make you feel good about yourself, too. Check out the Exercise! and Ladies Who Lift forums for more info. But make sure you check with your doctor about your weightloss and any exercise you plan to do, okay? You're still growing (I gained an inch when I was 18!) and want to make sure you are doing everything safely.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:17 PM   #12  

Thanks for all the welcomes!! I did read the book and I got the cookbook for Valentines Day..(smart man) So really looking forward to trying out all the recipes!! Good luck to all!
Closed Thread