South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 04:26 PM   #1  

Default Dips

Thanks for all the response to my smoothie question. This is all new to me.
Veggies, Veggies, Veggies, I know we need lots of veggies.
I like fresh broccoli and cauliflour.
I need some good dip recipes to go along with Phase1.
Also, can we eat to much of this.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:53 PM   #2  
buzz buzz buzzin along

HI Dave.
I'm not a dip person. But what I do is cut up my fresh veggies add Tblsp or 2 depending on the amount Fat Free Italian Dressing (I like it!) put in tupperware shake it up.. Voila Italian Vegetable Salad.

Hopefully someone will have another dip idea for ya!
Old 02-11-2005, 04:58 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Check out the hummus recipe in the Recipe Section. You can also take low fat cottage cheese, zap it with a bit of milk and add chopped onion, red pepper and dill. Fat-free sour cream lends itself to a similar treatment.
I'm sure the chicks will come up with tons of ideas.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:21 PM   #4  

For your question on: can you eat too much of this.... I would say that you probably could not eat too many vegetables but you could certainly eat too much dip. Remember that calories really do count and you might want to keep an eye on the amount in the dip. My opinion would be not to worry about it too much for phase 1 since your goal should be to detox but that if you find out you are not losing in phase 2, you might see if you are eating too many calories in dip.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:05 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Barb, perfect advice as always.

Dave, I find that putting the dip (2 Tbsp is a serving for most dips) in a small gladware container helps me stick to a serving. It makes the dip easy to transport, too!

I love hummus, and buy the premade, which is really easy.

You'll find several dip recipes in our recipe forums, too.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:24 AM   #6  

We really like smoked salmon dip here.. just add some low fat cottage cheese and a can of smoked salmon and use a fork to combine it. We make it as a snack for the whole family with vegie sticks, cucumber rounds or brown rice seaweed crackers (not on phase 1).
Closed Thread