Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #97

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #97

gma22
02-11-2005, 07:28 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

gma22
02-11-2005, 07:30 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. How many lbs came off this week????

back in later girls!

Faye :)

Mirabelly
02-11-2005, 08:48 AM
Snow Day take 2....

We haven't had 2 snow days in a row since we moved here in 1996!! :coffee: but it's been blizzarding for over 24hours.

Yesterday, I didn't even change out of my jammies all day! :lol:

BUT, I'm totally depressed about the weight loss........the scale shows I'm back up to 214! :eek: HOW THE F*&^$ could I be up that much??? I've been exercising, hitting my 4 pointers most days....Grrrrr......I'd blame it on the barometric pressure affecting the scales because of the blizzard, but dh actually went down a couple of pounds.

I'm obsessing again....I know it. I feel smaller, clothes are fitting again, dh said my butt is getting smaller....I'm just pissed at the scale!

I think I'm going to take a cue from Amanda and just not weigh myself except on the first of the month. There's just too much upping and downing right now. It's driving me crazy, and I don't have time to be crazy.

I sure hope the rest of you have some inspiring losses! I don't know what else I can do....I'm practically a vegetarian now, I don't go near pasta, I'm exercising, don't drink anything but water and the occasional diet drink. I need to just not worry about it....it is what it is and as long as I'm healthy and happy, life is good right?

Talk to you all later,
Julie

Amanda Panda
02-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Hi Ladies,

Been missing for a couple of days - just taking it easy as I've felt a bit run down. On Wednesday the only exercise I did was walking around the shops (which I found hard as I was so exhausted!), and yesterday I did a big fat NOTHING! I feel so much better for resting up, but it's back on track today - I'm off for my walk in a minute. I went over my calories yesterday - the first time in about 2 weeks! I was so tired that we ordered a takeaway curry - I'm fine about it as it was the first time in ages and it wasn't a pizza!

JULIE - What can I say about the scales? They are evil! All I can think of is that you have really stepped up the exercise this week and I think this causes muscle build up and water retention - I know that the first week I stepped up my exercise I didn't lose a thing! It is so disheartening, but you must keep at it and the scales will follow. Congrats on the nibble by the way - keep us posted!

CARRI - Sorry you're struggling right now. Getting the treadmill will really help your weight loss and will hopefully help you to get motivated again.

SANGY G - Glad your doctors appointment went well. Congrats on your 4 pointers! I am sooooooooooooooo pleased that you are treating yourself to a day at the spa - you SO deserve it!

NIKKI - You are doing really well! Hope you hear about the promotion soon.

FAYE - I bet Thomas will love his new toys and games! Enjoy your treadmill!

Love Amanda x

Satine
02-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Hi all, I do not have any loss to report today, I didnt think that I would after cheating half of the week anyhow... :( OH well today is another day...

Julie - I agree, I say weigh yourself once a month, I may just start doing it every two weeks myself...

Amanda - Sorry you are feeling down, kick those blues!! It is the weekend :lol:

My dh gave me my Valentines day gift early, he gave me a ring with three red hearts and diamonds with a necklace to match, needless to say he earned some major brownie points for quite a while :lol: It is very pretty...

Well gotta get back to work, Faye, Nikki, Sandy and Sandy, Hi to you all hope to hear some losses your way!!

Have a great weekend all!!

desertseatingoceans
02-11-2005, 12:51 PM
Hey ladies!
Well, I have a loss but I am not sure that it really counts...see before I really started to kick it into gear I did some MAJOR cheating on the eating, and laziness took over, so consequently I gained a few pounds back...but after stepping up and taking control, I lost the pounds that I put back on.
So yesterday I was runninng on my treadmill because it was freezing outside and I hate running outdoors. I got my treadmill free from some dude who didn't want his anymore, it wasnt the most high tech but it worked...so I was happy. Anyways, so mid run last night the thing just shut down....like stopped abruptly and at this point Im still running so I run straight into the little control panel thing on the treadmill. So after a few failed attempts to revive it, i decided it had gone to treadmill heaven, and had to finish my run outside....and i froze.
Oh, and 4 points for yesterday.
Carri-That is soo sweet of your husband! It sounds really pretty.

Amanda-Glad to hear you are feeling rested.

Julie-Yeah, me and the scales have had a few scuffles in my day too...but dont let it get you down...you have been doing SOOO well lately and it will show....Just be patient.

Faye & Sandy- Hope all is well!

Yall girls have a fantastic friday!!
Nikki

gma22
02-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Nikki :bravo:

Boy this group has had a tough winter. Wonder what it has been?

Carri: Your gift sounds lovely! Enjoy enjoy!

Julie: Weigh less stress less. I am going to a once a month thing but since I am doing lousy right now who knows. I think we just concentrate on the scales too much sometimes so maybe I shouldn't have a weekly weigh in but a monthly one only. Have to think of a Friday topic, but then maybe it is time to think of new topics period.

I am going out with dd and Thomas, but I have a tummyache and am not looking forward to it. I took some Pepto Bismal hoping it will settle it soon.

Amanda: Did you buy anything at the shops or just looky looing???

We are started the spring cleaning upstairs tomorrow so I am getting in that frame of mind.

Everyone have a great weekend and hopefully some nice weather. It is wonderful here in the 60's and sunny today which improves your mood!

gma22
02-12-2005, 12:27 PM
SATURDAY: Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Do you have something to share with us today?

I have to run I am really busy this weekend!

Faye ;)

gma22
02-13-2005, 09:42 AM
SUNDAY: Tiday is Silly Poll Sunday and our silly poll this week is what is your very best physical feature?

Don't know if I can get back in here today again as we are working feveriously upstairs to get everything rearranged.

desertseatingoceans
02-13-2005, 10:54 AM
hey guys. just wanted to check in. running on very little sleep. friday basically i went from hanging out with one person to another, didnt go to sleep at all, then went home sat around noon only to shower and get ready and go hang out with more people, didnt get home til just now and its 9 am sunday. today im supposed to go shopping and bowling...and i think after that im going to sleep for 3 days straight. hope everyone is having a swell weekend.
nikki

Amanda Panda
02-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Hi all,

I'm feeling rotten right now because my period is late and my PMS is at the 'come now or I'm going to explode' stage. :bomb:

I got 4 points on Friday and 2 points yesterday - I have been fighting the urge to binge yesterday and today. I went over my calories yesterday - but in a controlled way and didn't have a complete blow out. I've struggled today also and have eaten 5 slices of bread, where I normally limit myself to 2!! It's all wholegrain though so it's not like I've binged on pizza and chocolate! :o Today I woke up and decided pretty much that I was going to spend the day in bed - I felt that rotten, I just wanted to curl up and feel crappy all day. But after a couple of hours I picked myself up, put on my exercise gear and forced myself onto my exercise bike - I knew that I'd feel even worse if I didn't exercise, because then I'd feel guilty aswell! I felt alot better after my exercise and rang my best friend who I haven't spoken to in months - we were on the phone for over an hour catching up and it really cheered me up - so my day wasn't a complete washout after all. :)

Silly Poll - My best feature used to be my skin - it was always really clear and spot free and all I did was wash it with water. However recently it's become a bit blotchy with some thread veins (I think it's a weight and age thing) - boo! All I like now are my eyes and long eyelashes and my long fingernails! Oh and my smile is quite nice too - but I don't do enough of it!

Love Amanda x

gma22
02-14-2005, 08:24 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to really examine why we had such prior success and why we struggle now. Seems like I am not the only one seesawing back and forth so thought it would be good to look at why we are not as committed nor seem to be as focused as a year ago.

Amanda :bravo: :dancer:

I will check back in a little later girls when everyone is up and going!

Amanda: I just want to continue to encourage you. You are doing a great job so keep it up

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY :love: :love: :love:

Satine
02-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Happy Valentines Day All !!!! :love: Hope everyone has a great day with their sweeties ;)

As far as Silly Poll goes I have always been told that my best feature is my big blue eyes...everyone always comments on how big and blue they are, I really have not noticed but oh well, I like the compliments... :D

Faye - I have been thinking alot to lately on why I was doing so darn good last year and this year I seem to be off and on, I did do well with losing for January but it is not where I wanted to be, and this last week and a half has been off and on...I am going to recommit today and I am going to go home and use my treadmill even!!! :cool:

Amanda - Sorry you were feeling rotten, hope you are doing better today.

Nikki - sounds like an exhausting ( but fun ) weekend...I remember those, back in the day, ha ha ....

I did not get any points for over the weekend, I was bad, bad during all of it, pizza, sweets, you name it...

OH and Faye I think that maybe only weighing in once a month might be good for all of us...what do the rest of you think??

Well talk to you all later!!!

desertseatingoceans
02-14-2005, 03:06 PM
hey yall!
So the rest of the weekend was pretty good. I finally got to sleep at like 2 am this morning...and i was hoping i would be able to sleep in but i started getting text messages at like 7 in the morning telling me happy vday. ugh. I hate valentines day. It may just be me being bitter, but I really see nothing romantic about a day with the initials VD. But for those of you who are less cynical than myself, I hope your valentines day is awesome. No points for the weekend...ran around too much to do anything but cheat.hopefully i can redeem myself. as for the poll...my best physical features are my eyes and my smile...got the straight white teeth and the big blue eyes. I think the reason I seesaw and dont stay commited is because I am young, lazy, and constantly on the go. Plus I live in Texas...the land of year round back yard BBQs and mexican food. Its impossible to escape.

gma22
02-14-2005, 03:06 PM
That is fine with me. Let's just give our lbs down on the first of the month when we give our goal for the next month. If you can't remember what you weighed, I have it on a spreadsheet.

I cleaned out my closet today and whew what a job. I carted out 2 big black trash bags of garbage and 2 of stuff to go to the Goodwill. Our trash guys are not going to be happy with us as we have a huge mound of trash for them tomorrow! I also have to find somewhere to take all the stuff that is good. I can't find a drop off location for Goodwill or Salvation Army or anything and I have a ton of stuff. I guess I am going to have to call them.

Hope everyone gets something special from their special someone today!

Everyone have a great afternoon

gma22
02-15-2005, 02:38 AM
TUESDAY: No target topic this week.

I started coughing around noon and have been at it ever since so I am not feeling well. Took some meds and hope they will help to stop the cough and put me to sleep. I will check later on tomorrow and see how everyone is doing

Amanda Panda
02-15-2005, 08:11 AM
Hi all,

I got 4 points on Sunday, but only 2 yesterday. Again, I went over my calories, but in a controlled way with no binges. I found myself in the pizza ailse of the supermarket :yikes: but am pleased with myself that I chose a low fat, low calorie pizza, instead of the 12 inch mushroom, garlic butter and triple cheese! :T Now that is discipline!

I got loads of exercise yesterday - I walked to counselling, and walked really fast as I thought I was going to be late - that took 30 mins, then after counselling I walked to the doctors, and then the supermarket which took about 35 minutes. I was walking really fast and had a really good rhythm going, I really enjoyed it. I'm definately getting fitter which is great and my calves are really toning up.

FAYE - Sorry you are ill today - hope you feel better soon! You've been ill alot lately - maybe you need a check up?

NIKKI - Glad you enjoyed your weekend with your friends! Any romance on the horizon for you? I saw a programme on TV last week called 'America's fattest city' - where a British documentary maker was in Houston. There were so many 'all you can eat' places and fast food outlets everywhere and they followed this guy who was a champion eater!

CARRI - Glad you enjoyed your valentines day - mine was a washout and involved a HUGE row, a torn up card and lots of tears! We are okay now I think!

JULIE / SANDY - Hi! I guess you aren't able to get to the computer because you are still opening all your valentines cards! ;)

Love Amanda x

Mirabelly
02-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Morning everyone...

I didn't get in here yesterday cuz I felt like crap. Not sick, just stressed out and over eating like crazy. I told you gals all this nice spring weather would end up backfiring on me, right....Well after a 2 day blizzard that dropped 24" of snow on us, 4 days of being stuck in the house with the kids, and now it's sleet/freezing rain and just YUCK. I'm obsessing about the writing, my spring fever is gone and I'm eating wayyyy too much, not even exercising. I just feel terrible.

The worst part is I have several dance shows coming up and I so wanted to be a little thinner by then. I just can't figure out why I'm having such a hard time now, when it was so easy before.....Oh well, I'll just keep on keepin' on.

Amanda, you are my inspiration, babe! Keep up your fabulous work...I'm so proud of you. I hope you and Nigel are okay now. Must suck to fight on VD (Nikki, that was a hilarious comment!)

Carrie, what is it with us lately????? You know it's gonna come down to exercise for the two of us.

I think weighing once a month is really going to be more healthy for all of us. We've been at this for so long, that we go crazy over every few ounces one way or the other. That's not right. Maybe we should do inches lost, too....just for variety.

I gotta get going, it's really slippery out and our stupid school is like the ONLY one that's not on a 2 hour delay or cancelled. Gonna have to drive 10mph.

TTFN,
Julie

desertseatingoceans
02-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Hey girls!
Well, I have to say, my VDay wasn't nearly as horrible as I had anticipated. I spent most of the day with my buddy Nick. He has always got somekind of project going, so we fixed this old gokart he bought, well more like I watched him fix it. Then we went out to eat, and met up with Kiel, Chris, and Matthew to ride the gokart around. It was nice to see Matt, I hardly ever get to anymore and we were like best friends at this time last year. All in all it was a good time.

Faye-Sorry to hear you are under the weather...I have had a cough the last few days myself. No good.

Julie-Glad you enjoyed my VD comment, I was hoping it would get a laugh. Being stressed and couped up for days can really frazzle a person, while the kids are back in school, maybe you should do somethign for yourself to help you unwind.

Amanda-Great job on all the excersice! I don't think there is really any romance on the horizon for me. Im in this stupid state where I still want an ex but dont really have a reason to want him. Probably just because noone better has really come along to shift my attention. With most of the guys I hang out with have their designated significant others...though most of the time the girls arent hanging around when I am there so we all just flirt shamelessly with eachother. Its all just jokes and fun though. I think Houston has been the fattest city for 3 or 4 years now...you know what they say, everything is bigger in Texas, including people and portion sizes. Its so hard to avoid eating...you go to the clubs or parties and once they die out there is nothing else to do but hit up a restaurant because there are tons of 24 hour places and its the best place to sober up. Whatever you could possibly want, you can get for the right price.

Sandy and Carri-Hope yall are doing well!

I gotta get outta here
Nikki

Satine
02-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Hi All, was able to stick to program yesterday even though I was starving, in a foul mood, and suffering from some nasty pms, which I still have today, boy am I in a nasty mood :( I just so want to stay OP for like 2 weeks straight to know that I can do this again, I used to stay strictly OP for like months at a time I do not know what happened but am resolved to get back there.

Faye - Hope you are feeling better soon, nothing worse than a bad cough to take away your energy.

Julie - I do not know what is up with us lately, I think the holidays just really through me for a loop and I just cant seem to get back on and stay on...I think the weighing only monthly will help though, I think we get too discouraged by doing it weekly...I cannot believe that you got that much snow, that is crazy, you must have cabin fever - do not let it get you down -
your attitude always insprires me, we will get back into the swing of things soon!!

Amanda - Sorry to hear about your VDay, although believe me I have had many of those in my time with dh...but you love eachother and you move on...great job on all of your exercising yesterday, you are doing so well!!!!

Nikki - I would be sooooooooo much fatter if I lived in TX, I LOVE bbq anything and also love mexican food...oh that is making my mouth water :lol:

Well talk to you all later, have a good one!!!

gma22
02-16-2005, 09:16 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Gripe time girls!

Amanda :bravo: :dancer:

I am still pretty under the weather. I agree, Amanda, I have had a lot of sickness the last couple months. This popped up right after doing cleaning and I think it is a combination of inhaling some cleaning stuff and dust etc. I have no chest congestion, just coughing and I have a fever and terrible headaches and sore ribs from coughing.

We will get past this rough spot girls. We want to do this so we will. Everyone hang tough

Mirabelly
02-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Good morning girls,

No gripes today, so far :crossed: My mood brightened yesterday when the sun came out and I got an email from another NYC agent who wanted to look at my book! Keep those prayers comin' ladies :D

I ended up with 4 points, despite my grumpiness. I danced for an hour and ate well. Today I've already done an hour of pilates, and I have class tonight. So, I should be fine.

Faye, I hope you're feeling better soon.

Carrie, way to go on staying op!

Got lots to do today, so everyone have a :strong: day!

TTFN,
Julie

gigglez
02-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Hey everyone.

I am back from the land of the lost. Life has been so busy. I just dont see how ppl get so bogged down. Between both jobs and Corey it is so hard. Then there other things that pop up.. Sounds as if everyone has been doing great. Don't have time ind. replies at work and must get moving just wanted to check in.

Later.

Satine
02-16-2005, 01:51 PM
Hello all, I do have a Weds woe and it is just trying to stay OP and not be so hungry, I have been watching how well my dh does on low carb ( he does not go as low as Atkins, but keeps his carbs at about 50 a day ), he is never hungry, gets to eat all these great foods and again - is NEVER hungry...that seems to be a big issue for me...I love WW but I may try his low carb ways for a while, I am not sure...okay enough of my babbling...I am sure tomorrow I will feel totally different, I am having a rough week, big woe PMS and TOM tomorrow of Friday, ugh :(

Faye - Sorry to hear that you are still not feeling well, take care !!!

Julie - I am so excited that you are getting bites on your book, I cannot wait to buy a copy when it comes out!! :)

Gigglez - Good to hear from you - have a great day!!

Amanda and Nikki - :) Hi !!!

Take care, gotta get back to work!!!

gigglez
02-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Carri, hope that you can handle the low carb diet. I have tried many and they all make me sick. I think that it is the type of foods that you are having on this diet. As for the woe about OP I am right there with you girl.

Work is calling.

Amanda Panda
02-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday - had a lovely swim and walk. I am feeling really bright at the moment - don't know why as my period STILL hasn't come, so technically I am still in PMS mode! :lol: I am really beginning to feel the benefits of my diet and exercise - this is probably the longest that I have stayed on track, and the increased exercise is giving me so much energy! Today, I walked to the supermarket - I don't know how far away it is (I'm terrible with distances), but I usually get a taxi there. I thought it might take me an hour to walk it, but I went door to door in 35 minutes and I wasn't puffed out at all!

Me and Nige are completely fine now after our 'valentines day massacre' :lol: We've decided not to celebrate VD anymore as it's more trouble than it's worth!

FAYE - Hope your cough clears up soon - maybe you did inhale something noxious that has irritated your lungs orr throat, it can happen. See I knew cleaning was dangerous! :lol:

JULIE - Thanks for saying I am your inspiration! That made my day! I know you will be back on track as soon as the weather stabilises - spring is just around the corner! I am so pleased you have had more interest in your book - it must be good!

CARRI - PMS is always when I feel most hungry. I read somewhere that you need an extra 200 calories during our TOM. Changing your plan can be a good thing as it keeps you interested and motivated. I know that low carb diets work, but I just can't give up my carbs!! I've agonised about it, but know that I just will not be able to stick to a low carb diet in the long term. My compromise is to cut back my carbs, especially with my evening meal.

NIKKI - Glad you had a great time with your guy friends. I used to hang around with guys alot when I was younger and really enjoyed their humour. Sorry you are still hung up on your ex - be strong and remember why you split up in the first place.

SANDY G - Sorry you are so busy hon, when's the day at the spa??? :)

Oh yes, I agree with monthly weighing AND measuring - I'm doing both.

Love Amanda x

gma22
02-17-2005, 08:29 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so make a little time for each of you today!

Julie :bravo:
Amanda :bravo:

Well, looks like I have a sinus infection. I had to sleep sitting up as every time I laid down I would start coughing violently. I guess it was a combo of allerigies I have and other stuff that caused the problem. I am still pretty sick today, but sooner or later it will go away.

Everyone hang in there and try their best

Mirabelly
02-17-2005, 10:48 AM
Hi ladies,
Just a quick post this morning. I got 4 points yesterday. I'm feeling pretty good right now. It's sunny again, almost all the snow from our blizzard is GONE...but we're supposed to get more over the weekend. That's how it is here in pre-spring. Snow one day, 40's the next.

Carrie, you used to say that you were never hungry on WW....what happened? I know that if you eat sugar and refined/processed foods, you can feel hungrier...also if you don't get enough fats. Before heading down the low carb highway, I would analyze what you're eating, how much, what time, etc. You did so well before and low carb diets aren't the best for you healthwise...unless you're just cutting out certain types of carbs like sugar and refined flour. I've pretty much sworn off pasta completely! I make up a veggie saute and then put the pasta sauce over it (marinara or pesto...no alfredo!).

I've finally faced the fact that I'm either going to have to start drinking black coffee or give it up completely. I use real cream in my coffee, and even just a tiny bit has so many calories. And I don't use a tiny bit! I probably consume 500 calories before 6am! (I get up at 4:30 to write) So, I figure if I just do that one thing, I might start to go down again. Kinda like cutting out the sodas for you, Faye.

Anyway, gotta go. I'm getting a website set up today for my writing....I'll send you all the URL when it's up and running.

TTFN,
Julie

Satine
02-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Afternoon All ... I had a 3 pointer yesterday AND even while my dh had 3 dougnuts in front of me I was never tempted - however I did smell the box after they were gone like 4 times, how sad is that??? :lol: Hey somehow it helped...

Julie - I know it is funny, I used to not ever be really hungry on the WW program, but I think it is a combination of me cheating often, getting used to more food and then going back on plan. Plus sometimes I do not make good choices. I am going to try and cut back on carbs some, and not eat so much bread and pasta...I do not eat alot of pasta now but the bread I do...I am still having a problem of incorporating more protein...I just need to work on my menu period...but I am resolved to stick to plan for a long time now...I can do this...gotta get back under 200, it sucks.

Faye - Sorry to hear that you are still under the weather, relax today and do not do any cleaning, I know it will be hard for you :)

Amanda - You are doing such a great job with exercise!! Keep it up the wedding is on its way!!! Yeah dealing with this PMS and now TOM ( got it this morning ) has turned my whole diet and week upside down...but as I said to Julie I am resolved to stick to plan for quite a while before my next cheat, like at least a month!!

Gigglez - I probably will not go on the low carb plan per say, but will just try and incorporate less carbs into my WW plan.

Hope everyone has a good day, I am dealing with pretty bad "first day on" cramps - so as you can imagine I am just sitting at my desk at work trying to get through the day on Advil...well talk to you all later!!!

Amanda Panda
02-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Hi everyone,

I got 4 points yesterday - had my walk to the supermarket and 35 mins on the bike later on. My TOM arrived today and I'm feeling a bit tired and crampy - snap Carri! ;)

Haven't got much else to say - just going to relax tonight.

Love Amanda x

gma22
02-18-2005, 07:01 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friends Friday. Call or visit a friend today and let them know you are thinking about them.

Julie :bravo:
Amanda :bravo:
Carri :cp:

Morning ladies. I hope you are looking forward to a great day. It is amazing how you can actually sleep in a chair! :lol: I feel like dh and I are estranged or something, but I tried the bed and coughed and coughed. The sinus meds are starting to work, thank goodness, but they leave me a bit nauseous. I will deal with anything to get over this. I also have saline nose drops that are really helping. I started having a bit of bloody nose and the dr says they would help with that and to relieve the pressure and they have. I just feel weak and YEAH CARRI, I am about to go bonkers not being able to clean, but I can barely get my chores done every morning! :lol:

You ,my darlings, are my fabulous friends this week. You are each one an incredible human being and woman. Beautiful, sensitive and caring. I love you all.

Ok, back to bed, umm, chair.....

Satine
02-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Afternoon All

I had another 3 pointer yesterday...my cramps were bad yesterday and not feeling so great today either...so I am soooooooooo glad that this is Friday and that I can go home tonight and relax all weekend and do nothing if I want to!!! :D

Amanda - Okay now we are true "cycle sisters", ha ha :lol: Here is wishing us both a fast recovery :D

Faye - Glad to hear that you are feeling somewhat better...do not worry about sleeping in the chair, before you know it you will be "climbing those stairs" ;) back up to the bed...hope you get fully recovered over the weekend, I feel your pain when it comes to sinus pain ( hugs ).

Julie, Sandy, and Nikki - Hope you all have a great weekend!!!!

gigglez
02-18-2005, 11:38 PM
flu is all that i am saying need i say more!

gma22
02-19-2005, 03:31 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Sure sounds like this group could use some!

Carri :cp:

I am doing this now between trips to the bathroom. I guess you could say I am getting better because the infection is making exists wherever it can, but it is NOT comfortable.

Everyone have a fabo weekend.

CARRI AND SANDYG: Hope you feel better real soon!

gigglez
02-19-2005, 07:41 AM
Morning everyone. I am feeling so bad that I can't sleep. I hate it when this happens. Hopefully I will be able to rest some today. I am not working neither job I figured that one day of rest would be best for me. As for OP if you call drinking lots of juice and zero sprite(my body still can't handle water right now), and eating chicken soup OP then I have been there! LOL! Sunny thought I will be over this sometime and Faye you will be better tooo. Now back to the couch.

Amanda Panda
02-20-2005, 09:33 AM
Hi everyone,

Oh dear,we are a poorly group - I too feel like I am coming down with a bug! :( I'm managing to fight it off at the moment, but I can feel the beginnings of a sore throat and head cold.

I reviewed my food journal for the week (Sat to fri) and was shocked to find that I went over my calories for 4 days out of 7 last week! I'm not giving myself too much of a hard time about it as I know it was all due to PMS, and even though I went 200-300 over my cals, I still wrote everything down and didn't have a complete blow out! I also exercised 6 days out of 7 last week, so I was very pleased with that! It's good to be aware of my slip ups and I will try my best to improve on them!

SANDY / FAYE - Hope you are better soon! :grouphug:

Carri, Julie, Nikki - Hi!

Love Amanda x

gma22
02-20-2005, 11:49 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our silly poll is, whom do you consider your best friend (outside your spouse or significant family member etc) and how did you meet, how long have you known them etc?

SandyG: Hope you get some rest. I got to sleep in bed for the first time in almost a week last night. Feel better soon.

Amanda: You are doing better than most of us. Keep up the great work! Perfection is only God, not us. All we can do is the best we can.

I am to the point of being totally teed off about being sick, but I can't force myself to be better. I am getting better, but sometimes the getting there is as bad as the sickness.

As for the poll, my best female friend I have known since 7th grade. She was in my music class and we became friends. We rarely see each other, sometimes don't talk for months at a time, but I know she ALWAYS has my back. Vicki is an incredible woman and friend.

Everyone have a great Sunday

gma22
02-21-2005, 09:50 AM
MOMDAY: Today is Mission monday and our Mission this week is food preparation. Do we over salt, sugar? Is our food bland? Do we use oils? Let's be diligent in how we prepare foods. You can zap a lot of calories using good hints, eliminating oil, cutting out salt and adding spices. You make your food tastier and healthier.

Morning ladies. Hope you are all having a good start to your day.

I will check in later and see how everyone is doing

Mirabelly
02-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Morning everybody!

Hey, I"M not sick! :lol: Just wicked busy working on the writing thing. Kids are home for a week vacation from school. And it's snowing again. La.

Spent the weekend trying to fix a leaky faucet in my kitchen...what should have been an easy $20 fix turned out to take all weekend and $70...not including the $44 breakfast out for the family because the kitchen was torn up and I had no water. SOmetimes it's just better to call the plumber! BUT I have water...just have to push the handle UP to turn it off and the hot is on the right! :lol: Sigh. Upside down and backwards...that's me!

I ate way too much and didn't exercise this weekend...I'm almost to the point of just not caring. I hate how hard everything is sometimes.

Hope all you sickies feel better!

TTFN,
Julie

Satine
02-21-2005, 01:47 PM
Afternoon Girls...hope you all had a good weekend, for those of you who are sick or getting sick, I hope you get well real soon! Seems to be a ton of that going around lately, so far I have not got anything, knock on wood :lol:
I did have a good weekend, I seem to be getting back into the swing of things with the diet, have lost some more pounds, and am feeling alot better. My dh did get the treadmill in the garage set up for me so it is now time to KICK this weight loss into gear and stop wasting precious time!! I want to be down quite a bit by mid to late summer and I need to just DO it already !!!

As for Silly Sunday poll, I would have to say Jenny, my best friend from school, we met in 7th grade and have been best friends ever since, we do not see each other at all hardly, but do get to email, and whenever we do talk or get to see eachother it is like no time has passed...we only live 30 mins apart so it is really sad that we do not get together...but you know how busy people get with their lives...

Mission Monday - I way over salt, I salt before I even taste it, if that tells you how bad I am... gotta work on that...

Faye - Glad to hear some things are "exiting", hope you feel even better tomorrow.

Gizzles - I feel so sorry for you, I HATE the flu...hope you are better real soon.

Julie - Please do not get discouraged...I have had many, many bad weekends in a row and I am just now getting back into the swing of things...soon it will be Spring and I bet you will start feeling alot better...look forward to that!!

Amanda - Hope you did not end up getting sick...do not feel so bad about the calories, you exercised 6 days out of 7, that was so great!!! Good job!!!

Nikki - HI !!!

I hope everyone had a good day today, it is kind of gloomy and rainy here, but warmer so that is good...I am just trying to get through the work day, then I will go home and hop on the treadmill and try to get this 31 year old metabolism going, ha ha .... later

Amanda Panda
02-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Hi all,

Well I'm still fighting off this bug - felt okay yesterday, but today I am struggling with a bad head and achy limbs. I've still not succumbed to it completely and I forced myself outside for my walk today! I'm hoping that I'll just be able to work through it, as I really want to have a good week this week and have a good weight loss by the end of the month. Still, if it happens it happens and I'll spend a few days in bed!

I had a very good weekend - now PMS and TOM are out of the way, I am back on track and got 4 points on Sat and Sun!

SILLY POLL: My best friend is called Sam and we have known eachother since we were 3 or 4 years old. Sam always lived 2 doors away from me and we went to the same schools and basically grew up together. We've been through alot together -bullying at school, teenage crushes, our first saturday job together - the saddest thing being her mothers death about 8 years ago,when Sam was just about 23 years old. She was so strong and dignified throughout her mum's illness and death that I grew to respect her on a whole new level. I haven't seen her for a couple of years, but we talk regularly and have so much shared history that I know we'll always be best friends.

Have a good evening

Love Amanda x

desertseatingoceans
02-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Hey ladies
Once again I had an extremely exhausting weekend. I left my house at 9 am friday and did not sleep or get home til 6 am on sunday morning. So on top of running around and not sleeping Ive been extremely stressed because my parents left town for a few weeks to go up to San Antonio. Apparently while they were up there they bought a house...so they are moving once they sell this one and I have to find a place to live because this is my home and I dont want to leave yet. This also means that i have to either give up the job i love or get a second one because i dont make enough money to make rent anywhere. Plus Im worried because I was supposed to use the money I make this summer for my next semester of college...which apparently is not going to happen anymore. I am completely freaked out about this. Less than a week ago I had this entire next year planned out as far as money and what I need to focus on doing and now everything is shot to **** and I havent the foggiest idea of where to even start picking up the pieces. My diet and excersice has gone to **** too...that doesnt seem as important right now....but i know im going to beat myself up about it later. UGH.
Silly poll: My best friends are Hannah, Jennah, and Richard. I met Hannah my sophomore year in highschool but we didnt really become good friends until my senior year when I had a falling out with my old best friend michelle. Jennah I met my junior year, she was new and asked me if she could eat lunch at my table cuz she thought i was funny and we've been friends since. Richard i met at the park this last season I love that boy and had the biggest crush on him for about a week...then I realized I didnt want him, I just wanted his friendship. I can talk to those kids about anything.
Dang...i gotta get ready for work...individual notes later.
Nikki

gma22
02-22-2005, 06:08 AM
NO TARGET THIS WEEK

I have had a relapse and am pretty sick so I will not be here today. I am so sorry about dropping the ball girls.

Mirabelly
02-22-2005, 09:48 AM
Bleh, FEBRUARY SUCKS!!

Home with the kids all week and it's snowing snowing snowing....gloomy grey skies, just enough white on the roads to make it not worth going out. They give us a vacation in Feb, because everyone needs to go south for some sun and a mental break....last year we went to NC, this year we're toughing it out here. It won't really start being spring until early MAY!! I know this is why I'm down in the dumps weightloss wise. I'm staying surprisingly steady on the scale, which I guess is good...considering how much I'm eating...actually, I have no idea how much I'm eating, it seems like a lot...but I'm kinda in a haze.

Today I gotta tackle the laundry mountain...joy.

Faye, don't worry about us...you just get better.

Nikki, that sucks about your parents, BUT sometimes life just forces you to grow up. Is there any way you can get one or two roommates to help with rent? That's how most young people have to live nowadays, cuz rent is so expensive and jobs don't pay enough. Now is a good time to take stock of your life, decide what it is you REALLY want to do with it and take steps to get you there. Sometimes getting yourself where you want to be means picking up and moving across the country or something...now that you are at a point to make a choice about where and how you live, don't waste it. It's too easy to just drift around during your 20's and then by your mid-thirties you wake up and look around and all you can say is WTF??!! How did I get here??? Says the stay at home mom, writer wanna-be who spent 8 years in college, and didn't graduate because she couldn't make up her damn mind! :lol:

Carrie--thanks for the encouraging words. You're right, once spring gets here, I'll be better off.

Amanda--You're doing great babe! Keep it up!

Sandy--hope you're feeling better soon!

TTFN everyone,
Julie

Satine
02-22-2005, 01:47 PM
Afternoon Girls ... had a "4" pointer yesterday, yes I actually got on the treadmill and exercised, ha ha ... I did over a mile so I was pretty proud of myself, however today I am really feeling it, may have over done it for just getting back on...I am going to start off by doing it every other day... :)

Julie - I think I would love living in Maine, the way you describe it, I love those cloudy days with the snow, and I LOVE the cold...I know I am an odd duck...but I am always one of those that cannot stand to see Winter go ...

Nikki - Sorry to hear about your parents moving and that messing up your plans...Julie had a good idea, what about room mates?

Amanda - Good job on getting out even though you were not feeling well, cannot wait to see what you have lost at the end of the month...

Faye - Get better and come back when you can... :)

Well hope you all have a good day, I am having a hard time getting through the afternoon with me being so tired from last nights exercise, plus I just had a lunch of mainly carbs ( spaghetti and meat sauce ) so I doubt that will do anything to help me through the afternoon :(

Talk to you all later!!!

gigglez
02-22-2005, 11:45 PM
Hey I am still alive here...feeling somewhat better hopefully I will be able to workout soon. Catch up later.

gma22
02-23-2005, 04:14 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednsday's Woes. Complain away girlies!

Carri :bravo:

I have been up all night again so thought I should get the daily post started. If this isn't better by this weekend, it is back to the dr for me. I can't live like this. It does give me a perspective and a real compassion for those who are chronically ill though, God Bless Them.

Everyone have a wonderful day today!

Nikki: Parents can be totally ignoramus's when it comes to their kids. I will keep you in my prayers.

Julie: Hopefully spring is around the corner for you

Carri: Good job on the Exercise!

SandyG: Hope you are on the mend!

Amanda: Hope you are doing well!

Love to you all

Satine
02-23-2005, 01:42 PM
Afternoon Girls, well it has finally happened, and my weds woe would be that I finally got the severe cold that has been going around the office...feels like someone took a sledge hammer to my sinus' ... I have been sneezing and blowing my nose at my desk all morning...I am about to take some Advil because the feeling crappy is really starting to set in...it is so hard to sit at work and be sick, hopefully I can feel better after the Advil kicks in ...
Got three points yesterday, tonight is my exercise night, I am going to try hard to still get on the treadmill even if I feel lousy ... I made a committment to myself and I want to keep it...so we will see ... :)

Faye - If I was you I would go to the Dr now...I think you should have been feeling better by now...

Julie - Seems you are the only one not sick ( knock on wood ) ...

Amanda, Sandy, Nikki - Hope you are all doing well !! Hi !!!

Talk to you all later, going to medicate myself :(

gigglez
02-23-2005, 02:01 PM
Carri, I really feel for you. If it is anything like what is going all over here you are in for a rough ride. I will pray that you feel better soon. As for the exercise please be careful as there have been many ppl here that has passed out after just a little movement.

Woe, I am so close to going over the edge with everything that is going on that I think that it is time to "clean house" so to speak and get that spa appt scheduled. I have already gotten myself a hair appt in the morning and I have broken down and have started treating myself to getting my nails done every other week.

Gotta run work to do.

later

thefictionalme
02-23-2005, 03:04 PM
The only woe I have is that I forgot my gym shoes at home. I usually go straight to the gym after work so that there are no excuses. The old me would have seen this as a chance to wiggle my way out of going to the gym. The new me, will be stopping at home (leaving the car running) and running in to get my shoes.

Amanda Panda
02-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Hi guys,

Felt a bit rough yesterday so spent most of the day in bed - so I got 3 points. I'm feeling much better today, just lacking in energy but forced myself onto the exercise bike, which was tough, but I'm glad I did it. We have snow here now, so I am missing out on my walks - unlike Julie, I am terrible in snow - Sheffield is a hilly city and I have terrible balance, so I always slip and slide and fall on my a**! Once, all the snow had finally melted away, but I managed to find the only patch of ice left in the city centre and fall on my backside - I was so embarrassed! :o

CARRI - Well done you for getting on your treadmill! Sorry you're sick now!

NIKKI - Sorry your folks are moving - that's rough on you. If you can't find any friends to share with then look at other people who are renting rooms out, or look at bedsits. I know how hard it is to find deposits and rent in advance - so you need as much time as possible to start saving, and a little help from your folks wouldn't go amiss. I'll pray for you and I'm sure things will be okay.

FAYE - Wrap up warm and get yourself well hon!

JULIE - Sorry you are having some winter blues - try to keep up the exercise as that will lift your mood.

SANDY G - glad you are on the road to recovery!

THE FICTIONAL ME - Hi there - welcome to our group! Tell us a little about yourself!

Love Amanda x

gma22
02-24-2005, 07:00 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #98