PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 02-10-2005, 01:25 PM   #1  

Red face Hello Im new hear

Hi. I just found this website and I love it. Im finding alot of people out there dont understand anything about this disease. I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago. I realized looking back that Ive had these problems since puberty. Ive have never had a problem gaining weight but losing it is going to drive me insane. I fight with it every day and I just wish it wouldnt be so hard. I have followed every diet and im currently trying LA Weight loss but its not moving very fast. Does anybody out there have any tips on what I should do to help this along? Do medicines help? I can eat fruit all day and still gain weight. I dont understand this disease at all. But thanks for listening to me ramble. Do the insulin resistance drugs help with getting the weight off?. Any one know? Thanks
emckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 05:26 PM   #2  

Welcome! I'm new too (to this website but not to PCOS)! Some women have great success w/ Glucophage (also known as Metformin or comes in Glucophage XR). I'm now on Actos b/c the Gluc didn't work for me. I've found that most cysters have greater success w/ a low carb or low GI diet. I'm on the Insulin Resistance Diet (IR Diet) & have lost 4 lbs in the past 2 weeks, not even really following it closely & not exercising.

Good Luck!
Traci
angeleyes_1975 is offline   Reply With Quote