South Beach Diet - Thursday Chat 02/10

View Full Version : Thursday Chat 02/10

Bamiegurl
02-10-2005, 06:43 AM
Just gettin us started this morning since I'm up. Gettin coffee grab a cup and come join me! I'll be back.

Nalaminu
02-10-2005, 07:00 AM
Good Morning! :)

No time for coffee here! I have to jump in the shower, finish packing stuff for our trip, feed the furry kids, and get to moving! I have today to get my sub stuff all situated and then it is relaxation time! I woke up to the sweetest card on my computer keyboard from DH. Boy does he know me, LOL. Where else could he put it that I would be sure to find it first thing! He is so sweet!

We are going to The Rogers House Bed and Breakfast in Lincoln tonight. Look it up on Google if you are interested in seeing what it is like. I can't believe we get the whole top floor of the house as a suite for $99 a night. That sure beats the heck out of a regular hotel room! :lol: I guess we will be back home sometime on Saturday or Sunday. I hope you all have a great weekend!

:grouphug:

:)

Nally

tlcstar
02-10-2005, 07:03 AM
Good Morning! I'm already ahead of you on the coffee (2 cups!)! :coffee: I have been up writing a paper that is due by noon...I am such a procrastinator! Somehow it always gets done! I should really dedicate anything I write to caffeine...couldn't do it without it!
Hope everyone has a great day!

Toni :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Ruthxxx
02-10-2005, 07:17 AM
Quick peck in this morning as I slept in again.

Nally, have a wonderful Anniversary weekend. For a minute there I thought you were making a sub and strted to gt hungry! :lol:

Bamie, thanks for the coffee. I raised you well even if we can't communicate because of our accents.

Toni, isn't procrastination fun? I am the Empress of P and stuff always comes together OK at the last minute. :shrug:

I guess spring is over as the Girls came in loaded with snow last night. They must have had a good playtime because they are still sleeping. This could be the start of a new era.

Last night we had a great pork chop and pepper recipe which I must post. I confess I also had wine with dinner and ended up NOT going to Church for the Ash Wednesday service. I was a 15 minute drive away and down dark and slippery country roads so it was easy to decide not to go.

I'm going to get those lazy dogs up and crank up the day. Jane comes at 11 and I plan to check out the new Super Wal-Mart in Brockville this afternoon. Before that I need to lug the recycle stuff out to the road - does that count as exercise?

Have a thrilling Thursday - especially, Nally and her DH!

chipper15173
02-10-2005, 07:35 AM
Morning all;
I have been lurking for the last few weeks. Wasn't eating good, and felt guilty. Went on a program yesterday and did great. I have caught it just in time before the loss came back. Most of it did. Today is DS birthday and will be celebrating that tomorrow. He took the day off work, so he could have a 3 day weekend. I am still dealing with the loan company for my home improvements, now the guy is out of town until next week.
Nally have fun on your trip.
Ruth get the girls up and moving, what they think it's the weekend already
Toni good luck with your paper
Bamie thanks for the coffee offer.
Me just another day of staying home with the girls. Might go out and get DS his birthday present. Will work on some cleaning today.
check in again later.

Bamiegurl
02-10-2005, 07:36 AM
Ok I'm back. DH is gone and the kids are slowly headin towards the door. I have to work on the kitchen today!!!!!!!!!! (Keep repeating to self!) I woke up early for some reason so I went ahead and got up. I was supposed to go with my MIL to her churches Children's Home but she has got some stomach bug and is to sick to go so now I have a free day. (Work on kitchen) DD has a ride to soccer with another parent today so I don't even think I will have to leave the house today. (work on kitchen)

Ruth... Maybe that is the same problem I have with my kids. We have different accents! lol

Nally... That is so sweet of DH. I hope you 2 have a wonderful relaxing time.

tlcstar... I kind of put things off til the last minute myself. (work on kitchen) DH hates it and I can't help it.

DH says he is gettin the kitchen walls finished this weekend while I am gone (again). So I have to finish strippin the paper today! Some places he is goin to have to mud over the paper it will not come off because they painted over it. I have to go to TN. again because I had 6 new recruits this week and I have to go train them. We have a really good sign up special right now and people are signin up like crazy! I was lookin forward to a weekend home. I'm off to work on the kitchen! lol Have a great day all. If you pecked in while I have taken forever then Hello!

ellis
02-10-2005, 08:06 AM
Nally, have a wonderful time with your DH, you lucky girl, you! :wave:

Toni, I am so with you re: procrastinating. :lol: All of my schooling consisted of last-minute assignments. It started out as sheer laziness, but after a while it became habit, and the muse didn't hit me until the last minute.

Ruth, have fun at Walmart... watch the roads, hon! :grouphug:

Chipper, your little loves are absolute dolls. :love: Hope DH enjoys his birthday!! :hb:

Bamie, I read somewhere about using fabric softener on wallpaper. :shrug: Just a thought.
I'm heading off to finish sanding the kitchen cabinets over the sink. I'm sort of sad to see the blue go, but the screaming red and yellow is going to perk me right up. :D

2BFIT1
02-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Good morning everybody :wave:

Ruth~I also have been in the wine lately. Had a wonderful Pinot Noir the other day :cheers:

Ellis~Yes, I rode my bike. Thanks for the Lent notice (you do try to keep me in line, don't ya :yes: ). It sounds like you are really making progress in your kitchen. I can't wait to see the red & yellow makeover pics!!!

Bamie~~I feel for ya with the wallpaper situation, girl!!

Laurie~~Have fun on your anniversary!!

Chipper~~Hang in there. We all have those days (or weeks).

Me~The granite countertops are set to arrive any minute now. I am so excited and nervous. I was hoping to be able to have them installed before my anniversary which is on Valentines Day.

Rayneysmom
02-10-2005, 08:47 AM
Good Morning all :coffee: Slow again this morning. Got my HUGE mug of coffee beside me and now~~~~the awakening. :lol:

Nally ~ Have a great time hon. Sounds like a really nice B&B and cheap too :) That's always a plus. You guys relax and no worries ;)

Bamie/Kellie too ~ :) OOOOOOHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMM----WORK ON THE KITCHEN ~ I am also sending you subliminal messages so that maybe you will actually get er done today :lol:
I don't think it will get done with mental telepathy though.

If your DH is like mine (and it sounds like they are 2 peas) he fusses at you for procrastinating - but doesn't realize his shortcomings. I have been waiting for months for mine to put up new light fixtures outside beside the front door. A snowball has a better chance in :censored: of this happening before summer gets here. :mad: Oh well, I guess I could do what I normally do and that is to try to do it myself and then he'll get off his rump and try to "teach me" how to do it. Works like a charm ;) most of the time anyway :lol:

TLC ~ I used to HATE writing papers. So time consuming - and it always seemed to come at the most inopportune time :lol: :goodluck:

Ruth ~ You sure are getting alot of sleep in lately ~ How 'bout send some this way ;) Did the girls come in and shake all over your kitchen floor? That's what my Buster does. Wipes his feet at the door and then goes in a little further and shakes all over the carpet in the Living Room :dunno: KIDS!!!

Chipper ~ What KIND of cake???????? MMMMMMMMM :hungry: (I can DREAM - can't I) :lol:

Hey, :idea: maybe someone will come up with a CAKE diet (YUM)

Ellis ~ Have fun sanding. Red and yellow huh? I wanna see some pics when you're done. Sounds interesting.

Me ~ I made a new concoction last night for dinner. Was really yummy. (If anyone here loves italian food - it will ring a bell) I took lean turkey sausage (the long stuff comes (2) to a pack Butterball) cut it up, browned it in a skillett and added (2) cups Carb Options spaghetti sauce and a can of Italian Green Beans. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes and PRESTO - dinner for 2. It takes about 20 minutes all total.

Well, better go ~ work to do. I'll check in later.

Have a great day on the beach all :dance: :dancer:

amb_lyn
02-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Good Morning Everyone~

Nally~Have a Great time!! Lincoln is just an hour and a half from me. (I think that's the right distance). The place looks great! I bookmarked it.

Ruth~Wine?? YUM!! I want to get a good bottle for Valentine's Day. Any suggestions?

TLC~Good luck with the paper! I am the procrastinator queen I think. I ALWAYS wait til the last minute.

Chipper~WELCOME!

Bamie/Ellis/2BFit~Good luck with the kitchen today!

Raynesmom~That recipe sounds great! I think I will try it.

Me~Not a whole lot going on today. I did manage to go get a key to the fitness center yesterday. Now, to just get back down there & actually exercise there. Today, the usual going on. Housework, then work this evening. By the way, is it Spring yet?! I'm so sick of the cold and seeing snow on the ground!

Well, i'm off to get some things done. Have a great OP Day!

Barb0522
02-10-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm definitely feeling better today. I went back to the doctor yesterday and he put me on zithromax since my chest was congested. I'm still on the Azmacort too. My son is home with the flu today too but we got him in to be tested for strep (negative) and the flu (which he has). He is on the drug that reduces the severity and doesn't even seem sick (beyond the cough and fever). I hope it stays that way. He's even been busy with schoolwork all morning so I can get work done from home.

JennPGH
02-10-2005, 10:39 AM
ok how do i join this thread. i need some motivation. i feel my will to keep on SB'ing waining. (typical for me when i start a new 'diet')

my wedding is july 16. my dress will be in mid-april, and i am also MOH in a friend's wedding june 11. lot of pressure!!!

Rayneysmom
02-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Barb ~ Sorry about DS - but I am glad that you are feeling better. I think I would rather be sick than for Rayney to be sick. Bless her heart, she's so pitiful when she feels bad.

Gotta go chicks - check in later

PS - Amber - let me know how you llike it. My DH LOVES it.

amb_lyn
02-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Oh goodness Barb!! On the upside, glad you're feeling better, on the downside, so sorry your son has the flu now. Sooo much of it going around. Luckily none of us have had the flu. The baby has been sick but not too awfully bad. Just cranky with it! Hope you & your son get over the flu quickly!

Jenn~welcome to the beach!! Your motivation is this...You're going to look soooo great in those dresses!! You've lost 6 pounds already, just think of what could happen if you stick with it! Make yourself proud! And, don't be afraid of messing up. I do it often! LOL I have lost 10pounds so far, started 1month ago. I have messed up, um, a few times. **YOU CAN DO IT!!**

Barb0522
02-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Jenn - You join this thread just by posting in it like you did. We always like having new people participate. It can be hard to find motivation sometimes. I wonder if a "before" picture and a picture of your wedding dress would help motivate you? Also, are you exercising? I have really found that some of the toning classes at the gym have made a huge difference in how trim I look (I had a lot to lose though). Only one class that I've taken really helps tone the arms much which may be important if your gown bares your arms. You can do this! You will be a beautiful bride!

Rayneysmom - I know what you mean. Brian used to get strep a lot before he had his adenoids out and it just tore me apart to see him sick. He is skipping around the room to the music on the TV and making huge progress on homework right now so I think we really caught this early enough.

HunnyBee
02-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Good Morning... got to work early today... which is good! Anyway, I have been more and more tired these days.. hmmm went and looked into a car for dp. He needs to get a 2nd job. So we'll see what they can get us for cheap and can fit 4kids and 2 adults. Looks like I will be minivan Momma... eek. thought it'd never happen.

Nally ~ I love Bed and Breakfasts.. Im so spoiled... Have a great time! :p

TLC ~ I love caffeine. sometimes when I need the push It helps me through. I am coffeaholic :coffee:

Ellis & 2B fit 1 ~ I can't imagine remodeling let alone doing it myself.. yechh.. then I might get dirty. :lol:

Barb ~ Zithromax has been my savior before. I got the 3 day one and it was awesome I was like a new person.

Everyone else I missed have a great day!!! Enjoy the rays! I don't see a cloud in the sky. :lol:

Rayneysmom
02-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Jen ~ You just did :wave: welcome. You can DO THIS. Just stay OP. There isn't a whole lot of variety for breakfast or lunch - but you can cook up a storm with the Beach Cookbook for dinner. We all get the "waning" feeling - just get in this forum when you feel that. We'll cheer you on. :goodluck:

Rayneysmom
02-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Barb ~ Glad he feels well enough to dance around. Kids are so resilient aren't they :lol: . Where you and I would be laid up in the bed for a week, here they go dancing around and playing :lol: To have that much energy again <wistful> Talk at ya later

Bamiegurl
02-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Ok this is a mess! It is obvious that at one time the bay window area had a leak... how do I know this you ask... well... the rotted sheetrock! OMG these people are wearing me out! Don't fix nuttin just wallpaper over it it'll be alright! Or maybe it was the next owners will fix it! lol

Ellis.. I have used the FS method before. I have also used Dif and now I am using hot water. The top layer peels right off so hot water works well to get the paper backing off. I'm ready to just stucko the walls myself! lol

Rayneysmom... They must be distant brothers! lol I'm gettin the vibes! lol I'm on lunch break and it's only 11 here! lol

Barb.. Glad you are feeling better and DS seems to be fighting it off pretty good so far.

Me... Awe same ol same ol here. I've got to finish up the kitchen so I can get all of my training stuff together for my new recruits. I need another day in this week! I'm glad I tried zucinni(sp?) cause I like it raw. I cut it up and put it in my salad. Off to finish my salad and then my work! Oh and I'm feeding the beast today! (laundry)

beachgal
02-10-2005, 12:10 PM
Bamie, thanks for starting us up! I can't believe you are up so early girl...aren't you tired? :coffee: Go work on the kitchen!!! ;) It'll be so great when it's finished!

Nally, your DH sounds like a total doll! :love: Can he give workshops to my DH on romance? ;) Have a blast...I love going to B&Bs!!!

Toni, I do my writing last minute too. :rolleyes: Such is the life of a student! Good luck with the paper!

Ruth, if you have a typical country driveway, I think the recycling lug to the road counts as exercise. Snow adds extra points! :) Enjoy the super Wal-Mart trip. They can have great stuff! And yes, post your recipe...it sounds great! :T

Welcome back, Chipper! Do post even when you're not on plan...sometimes it helps jump start you back! ;) Hope DS has a great b-day!

Ellis, your kitchen will be gorgeous! And so will your arms after all that sanding... :D

Sil, I expect to see pics of your granite soon! :D How fun!!!

Rayneysmom, I love your technique for getting your DH to work. Good idea! ;) As to variety for lunch and breakfast, I think there are tons of options! I've posted my list of breakfast ideas several times, so if you do a search, you'll find them. You can have leftovers of dinner for lunch, so there is just as much variety there as for dinner. I don't think I could make it through this WOE without variety...I think we've only had five or six things more than once, and only because we loved them. :D

Amb_lyn, I know what you mean about the gym...should we make a pact to both go tomorrow morning? :)

Barb, I'm glad you are both on the mend! Take care of yourself, okay? :grouphug:

Jenn, maybe you can put up a picture of your dress somewhere that will motivate you, like on your fridge? Set mini goals...like five pounds and you get a massage or manicure, or anything that helps you feel good about you. I must say, though, that I never got the motivation to lose weight for my wedding, and I had a fabulous day. :D When I was ready to lose this weight (now) it became very, very easy. Maybe you aren't ready yet...to do this and do it right, you can't do it for anyone but you. You can't lose the weight just to be pretty for your DF, or to look good in your friend's wedding. You have to really want to do it. You know? We're here to cheer you on either way, though!!! :cheer:

Hunny, are you drinking enough water? Being dehydrated can get you tired. Hope you can fit a nap in today!

Me:
Well, the scale fell down three pounds today after yesterday's Ash Wed. "fast"...maybe I really am eating too many calories? :?:

Really hoping to dig into my homework tonight after Jazzercise. I want to have some piece of the weekend to just spend time with DH and relax!!!

Missed my therapy appt. yesterday...I felt terrible! I'm so bad at remembering things these days! I really hope to get to the gym tomorrow morning. I went to bed at 11:00 last night and was still too exhausted to get up until 1/2 hour before work this morning. Oy! :rolleyes:

We're back to cold and snow but I don't mind it as much after a week of warm weather. :D

Have a great day, chickies!

kissyjoy
02-10-2005, 12:36 PM
GRRRR....I just lost everything I had posted! :mad: Well, let's try it again!

Nally-The B&B you're going to looks like a lot of fun! I stayed in the best B&B in New York Mills, MN called the Whistle Stop Inn (www.whistlestopbedandbreakfast.com). There is a main house with rooms but there are also 3 train cars that you can stay in. There's a small caboose and 2 large cars. We stayed in the Palace car which was absolutely amazing. All of the antiques were in excellent shape and worked (like the phonograph). It had a huge jacuzzi tub that definitely provided a little romance. Every morning, the innkeepers would bring our breakfast out to us in a picnic basket and we'd set it up on our dining table. The food was soooo good (and soooo bad for me). I can't wait to go back again since it's in DH's hometown. I hope you have a really nice weekend! :)

Toni-Good luck with the paper! :lucky:

Ruth-Hey, at least you had a little bit of Spring! I wouldn't go out on those slippery roads either although I have zero driving experience on icy roads! It doesn't get too icy on the roads here at the beach! :lol: I look forward to your recipe!

Chipper-Glad to see you get back on the wagon! You can do it! :cheer: Don't feel like you can't post just because you're not entirely OP. I think we all go through it at some point!

Bamie- WORK ON YOUR KITCHEN!!!! :lol:

Ellis- WORK ON YOUR KITCHEN!!!! :lol3:

Sil- WORK ON YOUR KITCHEN!!!! :rofl:
I can't wait to get to the point of putting on my new granite countertops!

Kelly-MMMM...your recipe sounds good! I love the Carb Options sauce too!

Amber-Now that you have a key to the fitness center, you can't procrastinate anymore! Get down there and exercise!!! :tread:

Barb-Glad you're feeling better! Get some rest!

Jenn-Welcome and congrats on your wedding! I know just what you're thinking since I am a wedding planner. Just keep imagining yourself in that wedding dress on the most perfect day of your life and how damn good you're gonna look! ;)

Hunny-OOOOHHH....a minivan mom! WOOHOO! My sister's becoming one of those. She's about to go get a Toyota Sienna. I can't imagine driving a van around. I've always loved little 2 door cars. I drive a New Beetle now and absolutely LOVE it!

Laurie-Good to hear that the scale is going down again. Hopefully it stays down!

Me-Not much to say this morning. Looks like the wall will finally be coming down on Monday for sure. Darn contractors are always busy. We're going to the place we're getting our cabinets from on Saturday to look at a few things and then they will be out on Monday to measure! WOOHOO! I have my digital camera with me today so I will post a pic of what it looks like in there if I get a chance. DH pulled out the pantry last night so it's really opening up in there!

I got up and did the kick-my-booty video again. I'm determined to get my rear in shape...or at least give it some shape! :lol: My dad blessed me with a flat rear so it would be nice to have a little curve to it!

That's about it from me. Not much else happening in my life at the moment. I'll try to post that pic a little later today!

Bamiegurl
02-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Hunny....Oh I love my minivan! Don't fight it give in! lol Especially with the crew you have! lol I have a Honda. Get one with a dvd player oh my gosh what a dream! If I had known how it would keep those 2 from yappin I would have had one in my other van. DVD was a must have when we had to buy the new one. But then it is I want to watch this no I want to watch that and then I say no your not watchin anything! GRRRRR! lol I swear the older mine get the more childish they act with each other!
Kissyjoy...I get the message I'm headin in there right now to finish up the back splashes. The hardest part especially since I am short! (winer) lol
Laurie... I do need a nap! I hate wakin up at 5:30. But I did make DH a pot of coffee before he got up. Ok so I drank some as well! lol

kissyjoy
02-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Good Bamie!! ;)

K....got a chance to transfer my kitchen pictures. Here's what it looks like now. There's no lights except the 1 4 foot light, no pantry and no cabinets above the sink. Oy....is it done yet? :dizzy:

Bamiegurl
02-10-2005, 02:18 PM
You are doin way more tearing out than we are right now. Although at this point I think it would have been easier to tear out all the walls and start from scratch! Lookin good CJ keep it up! lol Oh yeah it's my break time! lol

2BFIT1
02-10-2005, 02:21 PM
here's a pic of the new countertops (if I did this correctly ). I don't know how to do the thumbprint pics, so sorry that's it's big. Other pics are at http://community.webshots.com/user/rnsilvia
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/rnsilvia/KitchenProgress022.jpg

Bamiegurl
02-10-2005, 02:23 PM
OMG! Sil they look so good!! Oh I bet you are so excited to have those in now! WooHoo we'll all be over for a toast tonight! lol

2BFIT1
02-10-2005, 02:24 PM
CJ~~Just to let you know, there IS a light at the end of the kitchen-tunnel :yes:
Right Ellis :lol3: ?

ellis
02-10-2005, 02:31 PM
CJ~~Just to let you know, there IS a light at the end of the kitchen-tunnel :yes:
Right Ellis :lol3: ?
I wouldn't know. :snooty:
:lol3:

It's beautiful, Sil. Absolutely beautiful!!

HunnyBee
02-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Oh Wow Kissy.. I bet it will look great when it's done

SIL<>>> the countertops are great!! :D

Thanks, Bamie Gurl. I almost groaned right in the car salesman face over the your prolly going to have a get a minivan. We suspected as much since we can't afford much. :^:

amb_lyn
02-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Make a pact?? Then I Have to commit. HAHA I have a baby so can't go in the mornings. I don't have anyone to watch him so I go in the evenings when hubby gets home from work. I wont' go tomorrow probably because I have to work from 10pm to 7am..I don't want to be too worn out from a workout...I know excuses, but I walk around for that 8hrs and rarely sit. I am a nurse for a nursing home. I will exercise tomorrow morning though at home...Tae-Bo and or treadmill for sure. Monday, fitness center, here I come.. oh wait, that's Valentine's day...... I'll make it there for sure.

Mamacita
02-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Afternoon everyone~~

Have you ever been so tired you can't think straight? Barb, RNMOM, you don't have to answer...I KNOW you've been there... This morning, I started the nursing home in addition to my day job. :tired: Naturally, I couldn't sleep last night and had to get up at 4:00. Finally caved in and came home at 4:30 after an hour and a half with no patients and a nearly empty parking lot at the docs.

Welcome Jenn..and anyone I missed in my quick scan of the thread.

Sil, love the new kitchen...when are we going to have a glass of wine together? I love pinot gris. :)

Bamie, Hey there! :wave:

Okay, time to go plan tomorrow's lunch...tuna I think.

Have a good evening everyone

Mamacita

Ruthxxx
02-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Try for an early bedtime, Mamacita. I know how it feels to be that tired.

We sure got snow last night and most of today. i got my exercise in early chasing Miss Lucy over the meadow and through the woods. I finally caught her by driving the car to the base of the cliff and inviting her for a car ride. I should learn not to chase her as she thinks it's a great fun game.

I did go to town this afternoon and got a few errands done. driving was a bit tricky. You will be pelased to know I did not visit the ChineseBuffet. I did hit the new Super Wal-MArt though - a huge store! Stores are getting ridiculous and soon will have to have moving sidewalks for people to get through them.

It was nice to come home to the woodstove and a ploughed lane. We are having a very simple supper tonight of green salad, chickem skewers (or are they pork?) and ricotta creme with raspberries. Early bed is in the plan too.

Have a great evening.

beachgal
02-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Okay Amber, you and me and Monday, okay? I had a work project here so I couldn't go to Jazzercise, which sucks. I really have to go to the gym tomorrow to make up for it! But Monday I'll need to go too, so you and me, okay? :crossed: <--that's a pinky swear. ;)

Sil, your countertops (and your whole kitchen) is to die for!!! Good thing I'm not there in person or I'd be drooling right on the shiny surfaces!

Kissy, what a lot of work you guys have done! I love the cabinets...they are so nice!

2BFIT1
02-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Mama~You are welcome here anytime!!! In fact, when the weather warms up we will have to make a date to sit outside by the pool and share a nice bottle of vino :cheers:

Beachgal~ You can drool all over it if you want because i got these cool micro-fiber cloths that are fantastic for granite and stainless steel appliances.

Thanks to everybody for the nice compliments on the kitchen!

kissyjoy
02-10-2005, 07:23 PM
SIL-I'm so glad there is a light at the end of the tunnel! It doesn't seem so at the moment! Your granite looks great! I can't wait to get it in there!

Laurie-Thanks for the compliments on the cabinets but...those are the ones we're ripping out. They look OK because they were painted not that long ago but inside they are a mess. They're really old, dark oak. We painted them white to brighten it up a bit in the kitchen when we moved in. We're going to be putting in a very light maple or oak cabinets. We're going to decide that on Saturday when we go look at them.

Bamiegurl
02-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Mama... Get some rest girl!

Ruth... I thought of you this afternoon when I was out luggin in wood! lol I took the lil yard cart out to the back forty and filled 'er up! Finally made it back to the house brought in a few loads (1 or 2 pcs.) then talked DH into gettin the rest for me. Now I have a big ol roarin fire!

Sil... Dependin on hot it is we might have to sit in the pool! lol

DH thought I did a great job today! WooHoo! He is in there moving the lil counter and the stove tryin to get all the paper off! I'm off to look say oh I would help but there is just really not enough room and then go sit by the fire! lol Have a great night all!

HistoryChick
02-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Hello Ladies...or should I say Good Evening...

I'm late getting in here...I went to the dentist today for my daily cleaning...He said my teeth looked great! YAY!! **doing a little dance** I then went to Kohl's and looked around...they have some cute bathing suits...I have to say I dread having to shop for those suckers....Not fun....but I looked didn't dare try anything on....Then I went out to dinner with an old high school friend...it was interesting....i think he wants to date me........but............i'm just not interested......his family is all for it...but not me...he kinda creeps me out....anyways I hope you ladies are doing well......Sil your kitchen looks awesome! i hope everyone has a great day on the beach tomorrow!!

amb_lyn
02-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Ok Laurie, it's a deal!! Monday for sure!!