Support Groups - Sanctuary - #8 Everyone Welcome

View Full Version : Sanctuary - #8 Everyone Welcome

LuckyLadyBug
02-09-2005, 10:32 PM
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Welcome/welcome20sparkles20with20violets.gif

What we really want in a weight loss support group, boils down to one concept; we are looking for a sanctuary.

Sanctuary means different things to different people. Sanctuary is a place of peace, rest, safety, and rejuvenation. It keeps our spirit and our sanity intact.

Many of us who have a long journey down the weight loss path find ourselves in need of a break. Sometimes our bodies crave it, and sometimes the choice isn't ours, but circumstances forces it upon us. Other times, we need the clamoring throng to cheer us along our way as we breeze past milestones and overcome obstacles.

Sanctuary can be all that as well. It is what you need and when you need it. Sanctuary can be found in good friends who aren’t afraid of your truths and in an open, honest atmosphere.

Sanctuary isn’t judgmental, neither does it discriminate or ask to be censured. It is open to anyone with a desire to share, and especially those in need of and willing to offer support

LuckyLadyBug
02-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Kat and Gloria: I was thinking that if we all got web cams we could belly dance together!!! http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Belly%20Dancers//Dancing.gif

Tricia: But I haven't shown up there in curlers or slippers....yet. I live in a small rural area and was in town with one of my nieces one day when a elderly lady came in the store we were in with those pink rollers in her hair. My niece asked what that lady had on her head - she is 12 years old so I explained they were rollers - she looked at me like both the pink roller and lady and ME were aliens.

I have never had children but your post to Andria was so moving, thanks for sharing with us.

Ahh, Andria, don't ya know we are here for you? This is our Sanctuary, after all. :angel: I don't believe grieving ever ends, maybe with time it's a little easier - but never ends. My Mother died 30 years ago and I started to cry while typing this.

Cheryll: After that toning class it sounds like you will have Pamela Anderson Legs!!!

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Valentine's/heartwitharose.gif

5 dogs
02-10-2005, 09:38 AM
O.K., i am going crazy here. I have got to know how you put the belly dancer in your post Lucky. My son is a computer programer, so when he was down for a visit a couple of days ago, i asked him to help me figure it out. Now my son is a very smart young man and even he didn't know how to put something like that belly dancer in a post. I have a MAC. computer so maybe that is why i cant figure it out. Please, Please tell me before i go completely nuts.
Gloria

ageoldie
02-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Gloria, the instructions for putting graphis in a post is very easy. The olny hitch is you have to have a hosting site to host your graphics. You can't post from your hard drive, or your computer. There are several hosting sites around. The one I use most is ripway.com, but photobucket.com and villagephotos.com are a couple of other one. The are for the most part free.
Once you have signed up for a hosting site you upload you graphics from you domputer (instructions on the site, also easy) Then when you want to put them in your post all you do is click on the little postcard icon ( the little yellow box with a mountian on it right under the arrow on the size box. Then if you are in the Guided Mode a box will appear and you just copy the URL of you graphic and it is inserted automatically. If you are in the Enchanted Mode when you click the postcard icon you will see the prompt then you copy the url here and click the Close Current Tag and you have your picture.
[IMG]http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/200396/Valentines/hvday.jpg

But warning the fun part is looking for graphics, it can be very addicting.

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/200396/Valentines/Barbg1.gif

qsilver
02-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Hey everyone :)

The sun is shining outside! Ok, it really isn't (looks like rain), but if it did happen to be, I would be able to see it. :)

Tricia, thank you for sharing your story. I felt so much better just after writing that post, but your reply felt very special. It normally isn't this hard on me, in fact, I've been able to help a few other mothers in similar situations the last couple of years. Still, sometimes it builds up, and there is no way to run and hide from that pain when it does.

Now, all of you are probably going to think I am a huge whiny dork, but after writing here yesterday I went about doing stuff around the house and thinking about how I felt, etc. I stumbled upon the rest of what has been bothering me, and I came to a solution and an understanding. Wow, it felt so good!

As much as the other things have been bothering me, it didn't make sense in my head or heart that I have been staying away from 3FC. I love it here, and I miss my friends when I am away.

There was a situation a bit ago on another thread where some people were hurt and angry with me over something going on in my personal life. A member of that thread wrote to me and told me that these people were incredibly hurt and didn't want me posting there any longer. I was devastated. I had been open and honest with them, and no one had let me know there was a problem. I stopped posting there immediately, but the fact that someone else was in pain because of my actions has troubled me ever since. I really haven't been able to get it off my mind and have been trying to come up with some way to make up for it or ease their burden.

Well, what I realized yesterday is that I can't do that for them. I was not the original cause of their pain, even if my situation might have been a reminder. I cannot hold myself responsible for their reaction. I can't own their problem for them; it doesn't work that way. I can still feel sorrow, but nothing I do will ease their way. That path is for them to find.

I guess that sounds kind of weird, but it was a total epiphany for me, and I had to share. I seriously feel 10 lbs. lighter since yesterday afternoon, and it seems as if my little spark is rekindling. :)

So, enough bizarre posting from Andria for right now. I'm soooooo tired and there are still a few things left to do to be ready for this trip. I don't leave until tomorrow afternoon though, so hopefully there will be time for a "regular" post from me. :)

Andria

5 dogs
02-10-2005, 02:08 PM
I HATE COMPUTERS!!!
So i tried to down load a picture of my dog Sky Blue and all i got was this. [/IMG]URL: http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/Roll1-5.jpg

5 dogs
02-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Andria, i was also in a different thread before coming to Sanctuary. I felt alone, and like i was talking to myself. I can be a strong person when i have to be, but i was hurt that these people would not respond to my post. I felt like i was invisible. I found myself first trying to change my personality to make these people like me. THAT was a stupid thing to do on my part. Your personality is what makes you, you. We may not all agree on others opinions, but isn't that why we are here. To talk, to laugh at ourselves and to help each other get throu all the ups and downs of what life throes at us. That thread that you were in before was wrong to ask you to leave. You have good friends now that care about you and want to hear what you have to say. As one weird person to another, i say po po on them. There loss, our gain.
Gloria

5 dogs
02-10-2005, 02:58 PM
I did it!!! Happy dance for me.
http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/Roll1-5.jpg

lucky
02-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Andria, you've got exactly the right attitude. Good for you. Everything that Gloria said: DITTO!

Gloria, my husband Greg is a jack of all trades guy. He majored in English and was a teacher for a while but he's also a self-taught computer guru. Once he figured out that teaching wasn't for him he started a career in IT. He's an RF engineer now but I help him keep his computer skills sharp. It is like having my own personal help line. Isn't it great having a computer geek around the house - especially a cute one? Still, every now and then I like to figure something out that he can't do. Good for you getting those graphics down! You've done your son proud.

Okay, I think I'm going to need a lot of moral support in the next couple of weeks. I feel a plateau coming on. Or that inevitable slow down if not a full blown plateau. I know they are just par for the course while losing weight but that doesn't make them any less frustrating. The scale is the devil - I'm convinced of it.

Speaking of scales, here's a funny story. All of the kids like to get on and weight themselves. I have a digital one that calculates BMI so there is lots of beeping when you get on and I think that is what attracts them to it. Anyway, the other day they were getting on one by one and asking, "how much do I weigh?" Well, Will hops on and I decide I'll incorporate some of what he's learning in kindergarten and make him tell me what the numbers are. He gets them right so I step up to see if he can figure out my numbers. The weight comes up and I say, "Okay, Will, how much do I weigh?" He looks at the numbers, then looks at me, then looks at the numbers again before looking up and answering, "TOO MUCH!" Humph, guess they haven't gotten past 100 in class yet.

We are off to the lake to feed the ducks. It is really to cold for it but we've been cooped up in the house because of the rain. It is at least sunny today so I'm not going to miss the opportunity to enjoy a little of it.

Hope you all have a great day.

Tricia

LuckyLadyBug
02-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Andria:Well, what I realized yesterday is that I can't do that for them. I was not the original cause of their pain, even if my situation might have been a reminder. I cannot hold myself responsible for their reaction. I can't own their problem for them; it doesn't work that way. I can still feel sorrow, but nothing I do will ease their way. That path is for them to find.

A M E N

Gloria: Your a weirdo too, huh. I guess we just all have to stick together. ;)

BarbG: Thanks for giving Gloria the posting scoop.

Tricia: I you need moral support you have come to the right place. The scale is the devil - hmmm I always thought it was M & M's.

Kat: Where are you???? Talk!!!!!

Cheryll, BarbPa, Skit - Come out and play!!!!

I won't even mention Andria and Tony since they are having a weekend together! :s: Andria never did mention what they were doing? :o
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Belly%20Dancers/BellyDancerblackwhite.jpg

What's everyones plans for Valentine's??
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Valentine's/heartwithbow.gif

katrinabgood
02-10-2005, 09:31 PM
And good friends to cry with! I just have to thank you all for your support and your honesty and love. This is truly a SANCTUARY. I love it here and I love you all!

First of all. Andria and Tricia. Wow. I don't know what to say except I'm so sorry that you had to go through such sadness. You are both strong, remarkable women and I thank you for sharing your stories.

Andria...I am SO GLAD that the light bulb went off in your head about making other people happy. You can bend over backwards and tie yourself in knots, stand on your head and spit wooden nickels for them, and the self important, sanctimonious people of the world will always find something that offends their delicate sensibilities. The way I see it, it's their loss that you're gone. A HUGE loss. This thread's gain. End of story. But keep up the bizarre posting! It clears your head. Really!

Gloria said it all: Your personality is what makes you, you. We may not all agree on others opinions, but isn't that why we are here. To talk, to laugh at ourselves and to help each other get throu all the ups and downs of what life throes at us. Vive la difference! We are all so different, and yet so alike in so many ways.

Lucky...You wouldn't be able to dance if you saw me on your webcam! You'd be laughing too hard!

I'd love to stay and type away, but I've got one more night of work before I'm off for three glorious days. My clouds seem to be lifting just knowing I don't have to do the little sleep/ lots o' work shuffle for a few days.

Thanks again to all...I know I didn't respond to everyone, but I think of you all and appreciate you being here.

:grouphug:

katrinabgood
02-10-2005, 09:33 PM
One more thing...Andria and Tony...HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!! :love:

5 dogs
02-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Last week when Carl and i were on vacation i kinda gained a little weight. O.k., i gained a lot of weight so decided to do double duty at the Y. Went to water aerobic class on Sun, Mon and Wed, (Son was here on Tuesday). Anyway, went food shopping today, and as I'm driving to the store i noticed my stomach is not resting on my leg quite as much as it usually does. I don't have a scale so i cant tell if I've lost any. There is a scale at the Y but i have to wait till no one is around to use it. I will keep you posted on the stomach thing. http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/angel3r.gif
Gloria

c bo be
02-11-2005, 08:30 AM
Hi everyone!

Gotta make this a quick one and get to work. I had to work over last night so I haven't had a chance to get on the puter (I like to say that instead of computer)
but when I weighed myself I had lost another pound. Bonus for working over, got paid to lose weight! I like that!

Anyway, Gloria, I feel like a real moron, I haven't even been able to figure out the weight tracker yet. Duh? So it goes.

And Andria, I'm so glad your at this thread. You seem honest and sincere. I respect your honesty. This is one place we should be able to confide and be ourselves.

Well, I need to get going, tonight we are going to Chuckie Cheese to celebrate my grandson's 4th birthday. I need to stay strong this weekend and not sabatage (sp)
my weightloss. Weekends are horrible on the whole eating thing. Anyway, have a great day all.

cheryll

Skittles
02-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Hello Beautiful People,

I was going to log on last night but hubby was on the puter playing games. Well he has been working overtime so I let him have his little fun. Well, time to reply to you wonderful peoples.

First off Andria and Tricia, Those are sad stories and I am glad that you shared them. I feel your loss in a way that some day if I can ever talk about it you will know.

but the fact that someone else was in pain because of my actions has troubled me ever since. I really haven't been able to get it off my mind and have been trying to come up with some way to make up for it or ease their burden.

They were in pain because of their own situation. They have to learn to deal with it because what is going on in your life has nothing to do with them and they are going to come across people, situations, and other things that are going to remind them of what has happened. That is how we learn to cope. I think they were judging you for their situation and that was wrong. We all are here on earth to learn and perfect our souls and each one of us has a different path to follow. We can not walk in someone else's shoes, so we must remember to think that their path may be as bumpy as our own if not bumpier.

One thing you have learned from this is who your friends really are, and well, to be honest, so have I. I believe it was Kat who once had a quote that said "Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter."
I have that quote posted at my desk at work. I smile everytime I look at it.
So Be who you are cause I for one love that person.

Tricia, I loved the story of your son, that is just great, kids do say the darnedest things.

Gloria, that is the problem, you have Mac. :D It's always nice to blame the puters. I totally believe they have minds of their owns and do things just to drive us users a little insane. But not enough to make us want to stop using them forever. :lol: Because they turn around and do these miraculous things that make our life easier. Darn things.
By the way, I'm glad you decided to join us here, and didn't get deterred from trying another thread.

Kat, a good cry always helps. But this time of year is always depressing, can't go outside as much, it's cold and dreary. I have considered getting a sun lamp, those are suppose to help lift some of the depressing blues that come during the winter. Every little bit helps I believe. I'm glad you have three days off. Do something fun for yourself. Heck, do something fun for me and tell me what I did. ;)

Cheryl, I love Chuckie Cheese, I don't have any children, but I love to go there. I just love watching all the other little kids and I love getting the tickets out of the skee ball machines. Have fun!

Lucky, it's cold outside, can we play inside instead?

Lucky...You wouldn't be able to dance if you saw me on your webcam! You'd be laughing too hard!

Laughing is very good exercise for your belly. I think that would be a fun idea. :lol: But then again, I too am a weirdo. ;)

Gotta go to work,
Skitt

5 dogs
02-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Thank you soooo much BarbG for helping me. I was getting so frustrated yesterday that i didn't even know who i was talking to. A big kiss for you.
http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/Folder%20Name/200409191231420.sorrisoF

Yes Lucky, i guess i am a weirdo. People have told me on more than one occasion that i live outside "the box". My out look on life is what keeps me feeling young, and that i can do anything i set my mind to.

Oh Cheryll, you have just got to try this graphic thing. I was up till 12o'clock last night just looking at all the cool stuff thats on the net. Weeee, this is fun. http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/Folder%20Name/2005020703554.monopattinocupido

Thanks again BarbG for helping me.
Have lots to do today so have to go.
Happy Valentine's day to everyone.
Gloria

ageoldie
02-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Gloria, I told you it was addictive!!

Okay gang, here goes Andria, your post has opend a whole new can of worms for me. I was part of the other thread. I was checking in 3 or 4 times a day and I was right in the " middle " of the controversity (for lack of a better word) I felt hurt and betrayed by both sides!!! even though I was very careful not to mention a word of what was going on in anything I Posted. I had no idea that you were actually asked to leave the thread. I feel close to the people on the other thread and wanted to still be in contact with them, but for weeks I couldn't make myself post. Now I am posting on both threads, but still can't get down to making any personal comments on either thread.

I love those of you who left and started this thread, but I love those who stayed at the other thread too. Does that make any sense? Do I have to choose sides? This all has been on my mind and my heart since it happened, and I want to keep up will all of you, and you new ones who were not on the other threads.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I feel guilty posting in both sites. I don't want to feel bad, but I feel the strain anyway. So will you all accept me even if I do "sleep with the enemy" as they say?

I vowed I would never talk about my feeling in this matter, but her you've gone and pulled it all out of me, So will I feel better for getting my feelings out in the open, or will I feel even more guilty?

WOW Too Serious. Let's have a little fun

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/200396/misc/05.jpg

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/200396/misc/2happvdat.gif
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/200396/Valentines/Barbg1.gif

LuckyLadyBug
02-11-2005, 12:24 PM
I want you to stay posting here BarbG. HOWEVER, having said that I do think you should watch who you are teaching "graphic posting" too - YOU created a monster!!! :lol: (Okay I will admit Gloria's pics are good)

By the way - did you read the name of the thread "Everyone Welcome"!!!

I have to also say that after Andria and Tricia's posts and the responses I do feel this thread truly lives up to it's name "Sanctuary". While I was reading along I felt such calm, peace - all coming from the words everyone said.

THANK YOU!!!!

We have all found the place where we should be!!!!

BEWARE - this weekend I may actually post about diet and exercise. :eek:
Shocking I know!!!!

Dr. Phil says you have to find someone to be accountable too - someone to report weekly too. Well, you lucky "thread sharers" I have picked YOU!!!!

Later, I am at work and should be working!!! I had to respond to BarbG. Please keep coming here - :love:

5 dogs
02-11-2005, 01:45 PM
I'm with you Lucky. This is a Sanctuary. What was said or done in the past is just that, the past. If we stay in the past, we will never grow. Please, i don't want anyone thinking they have to leave.

Now about the weight loss issue. I don't weigh myself daily because it depresses me. I have notice, that my jeans fit better and I'm not tugging at my blouses to make more room for my boobs. Why are the boobs the first to go when you lose weight?

I was wondering if any of you are on the South Beach Diet? Also, does anyone power walk for exercise?

I'm not feeling very well today. It maybe from lack of sleep, plus its cold outside today and i cant open the windows.
Hope to talk to you all soon.
Hugs to all.
Gloria http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/Folder%20Name/thoughtpod.jpg

lucky
02-11-2005, 03:58 PM
Good Afternoon!

Gloria, you have got to feel great having a little less stomach on you lap! I'm excited for you but have to admit I'm also a little jealous. My stomach is a real problem area for me. I can tell that I lose a decent amount of weight from there but after carrying Jake and Addie around for 8 months it is really yucky no matter what I do. I've decided that if it isn't better within a year of reaching my goal weight I'm off to the plastic surgeon. My overall goal is better health but, darn it, I'm not going to do all of this work and still not be able to by cute clothes! And by the way, GREAT GRAPHICS!

Diet and exercise, Lucky? I had almost forgotten that's what we were here for! I've been really good about getting to the gym every day. I missed last night because Will's karate class ran a little late and then we ended up stuck in traffic due to road contruction until almost 7:00. I would have had to go back through it all to get to the gym and I knew I couldn't make my class by the time I had gotten dinner for everyone, etc. Anyway, the point of the story is that I actually MISSED exercising. And it wasn't because I felt guilty. I just flat out felt physically yucky having not been able to get an intense workout. I'm doing well on the food front too. We have a birthday party but luckily it is at this glow golf place that is in the mall so I can walk around during the pizza, cake, and ice cream. Of course, there is still that 1 pound box of Godiva chocolate in my cabinet. I bought some for Will's teachers for their valentine party and I don't know what possessed me but I got some for us too. Greg loves it so I thought it would be a nice valentine treat for him. I've put it in a cabinet that is no where near the table but that requires me to get a chair to reach it. So, it is a real pain to get to it. Hopefully it will help. Actually, it may be nice to have around for when a craving hits because I can only eat one piece at once because they are so rich. A regular candy bar, m&ms, etc. I can go through like nobody's business. I haven't had one yet though so maybe that is a good sign that I'll be able to control myself. Wish me luck!

Oh, I am so excited. I ordered a new MP3 player the other day and it should be here tomorrow. Greg has one that I've been taking to the gym with me but I don't like being stuck with his music. Not that it is bad music, but I like to exercise to certain beats and that may be songs that I wouldn't listen to any other time so I don't want to hog his space with them. Plus, the one I got is much smaller and will be easier to use during a workout or walk. I'm don't consider myself technologically savvy but I have to admit that I love to get new gadgets.

I see children in the mud puddle so I'd better go and get them before they get so filthy that they have to have a full blown bath. Catch you all later!

Tricia

5 dogs
02-11-2005, 08:15 PM
I was watching the cooking show today and was wondering if anyone else finds Rachael Ray annoying?

I also found out today that balancing yourself on one foot can help in weight loss. I have a friend that works on a train, and he has trouble keeping weight on. He has to balanc himself while the train is moving. The next time i am cleaning up the kitchen, i will try lifting one foot off the floor. I may look like a pink flamingo but if it helps, why not. I can give my hubby a good laugh.
Gloria
http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/sunrise_over_pond_sm_wm.gif

lucky
02-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Oh, I find Rachel Ray VERY annoying. I have no idea how she has THREE shows on that network. And, you know, I never really even see anything on her show that I think I would want to make. Maybe that is why she does so well. People like me who don't like her but keep watching anyway. She's one of those people I love to hate so I guess that is why I stay tuned in. I need to work on that!

southern gal
02-11-2005, 11:59 PM
OK guys, quick check in...I've got to be up at 5:00 to take Rhys to a soccer jamboree. Ugh!

Love the graphics!!! I'm going to have to try this when I get the chance to play on the computer again instead of just running in and out.

I am reading everything, just don't have time to really post. I'm crying and sympathizing with the sad stories and laughing and cheering over the good ones so please don't think I don't care when I haven't time to write about specifics. I think this is a lovely group of people. It is nice to have others who are willing to listen and can cry and laugh when needed.

Gotta go. I need my beauty sleep (ha ha)!

Laura

p.s. Gloria, I've just started back on South Beach. I did it a couple of years ago and lost about 30 pounds. Right now, I'm desperately trying everything...

5 dogs
02-12-2005, 09:11 AM
http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/brick_fireplace_sm_wm.gif

Who turned off the heat. Burrrr. There is ice on my car windsheld this morning. I don't mind the cold, but i want the other stuff that goes with it. Changing seasons instead of one long hot season, then BAM, cold and ice. I want to live in upper Georgia.

Last night i was getting undressed to take my shower, and i noticed that just under my ribcage there is a small indentation. Could this possibly be my wast? I haven't seen it for so long i almost forgot what it looks like. I guess all that wiggling around with belly dancing has paid off. http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/Folder%20Name/smiley_034.gif___1108158348639

Hope to talk to all of you today.
Gloria

Skittles
02-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Don't have time to post much. For some reason my quotes aren't working. Everytime I put something in quotes it just looks normal. What they Heck?

Anyway, BarbG, I for one don't want you to leave. I have no problem with you posting on the other thread. I don't consider it sleeping with the enemy. I have no enemies. I may be someones enemy, but that is their choice not mine. I am no longer posting there because I felt like I was being judged. I am who I am and I believe what I believe, and it may be different from a lot of other people, but it is not wrong. I think that an open forum is just that Open. Open to anyone. Just because we don't agree on what one does with his or her own life doesn't mean that we should judge them. When we are not free to be ourselves we are cheating ourselves. And one of the reasons I am on here is to know and understand myself better. And to know and understand others who are like me, and not like me. You should feel comfortable posting where ever you want. You always bring a light into peoples days, I am sure I can speak for others when I say that. If not they will tell me, and that is the beauty of openess. Unconditional love is one of the hardest things in life to achieve, and one of my goals in life. Please stay with us. And don't feel guilty, there is nothing wrong with you wanting to share with everyone.

Ok, I have rambled enough.

Love you all,
Skitt

LuckyLadyBug
02-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Beautifully put Dawn. I have always enjoyed meeting new people - it's my opportuity to learn. :goodvibes:

I am going to read some Dr. Phil and get my morning :coffee:

I shall return. :smug:

Laura, we all from time to time go through the "busys" and just have a few minutes to check in so we understand. I am happy you read, laugh, cry and say Hi. :wave:

Gloria: What do you do in belly dancing class? Do you go through "exercise" type movements or just dance those hips away?

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Betty%20Boop/BettywithValentinecandy.gif

katrinabgood
02-12-2005, 01:07 PM
I have to say that I absolutely LOVE all the honesty and sharing that goes on here!

BarbG, I don't condsider the other thread 'enemies,' just a place that I don't want to be a part of anymore. I used to love going there. I guess the path forked and some of us took it one way and others took it the other way. No need for you to feel guilty for going both ways! But I'm sure glad that you come here too! I always enjoy your posts! And your pretty pictures!

Skittles...As always, your words make so much sense and in such a serene way. Thank you for being a part of this Sanctuary! I'm glad that you find inspiration in my little quote. I love it so much, it's part of my signature. Certainly applies to being here! "...those who matter, don't mind!"

Gloria...I think the reason that balancing makes a difference, is that your whole body is involved in maintaining that balance...which actually increases your metabolism! So, lets all do the 'stork thing' while we do the dishes or iron and see what happens! Congrats on less stomach on your lap! :cp:

Hi Laura! Glad to see you're still with us!

Tricia...I keep forgetting to tell you how much I enjoyed your scale story! ("TOO MUCH!") Kids! Gotta love their honesty! sometimes!

Cheryll...SO? How was Chuckie Cheese? It doesn't seem so long ago I was taking my little rugrats there! My youngest 'rugrat' will be 14 tomorrow and we're feeling every bit of the teen angst lately. *sigh*

Lucky, What's Dr Phil saying today? Inspire me, please!

Andria and Tony...I hope you're having fun!

I have to bring my son to a scout event at a restaurant down by the beach. I'm going to bundle up and bring the dog and we're going for a nice long walkie. So, that's my fun thing for today, Skit! I'll let you know how much fun we had when we get back!

So, that's it for now, for me. I'll be back!

LuckyLadyBug
02-12-2005, 01:18 PM
No need for you to feel guilty for going both ways!

BarbG: Just to clarify - Kat is talking about participating in threads here right??? :lol:

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Valentine's/heartscrollinglines.gif

ageoldie
02-12-2005, 01:57 PM
AWWWH HECK!!! I though she was giving me permission to change my lifestyle.
I'd think 39 years with the same oleAlvin should be enougth for anyone!!! Oh well....

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/200396/siggys/barbg-rosegoldheart.gif

5 dogs
02-12-2005, 03:51 PM
When i go to my belly dancing class Lucky, our instructor mixes in latin aerobics with belly dancing. The class last an hour and is designed to concentrate on your hips, wast, butt and legs. Because of my car accident i have neck problems, but in this class, i have no problems shaking the parts of my body that need the most attention. I also do water aerobics when i get tired of belly dancing and started power walking in the late mornings when its warmer. I love to exercise because it make me feel incredibly pumped. Even when I'm so tired that i don't think i could take another step, i go for a five min. walk around the block with my music on. Have you ever taken a walk with Randy Travis singing to you? Its just wonderful. When i stoped looking at exercise as something i have to do, and started looking at it as "How good am i going to feel today", that was when i started looking forward to it.

I love getting new things in the mail Tricia. I have also wanted an MP3 player but just never got around to getting one. I use a small C.D. player for when i go walking. Walking to the Monkeys singing "Then i saw her face" is one of my favorites.
Most of my weight came from not being able to do much of anything after my accident. The baby fat i had after my son was born i lost riding my bike when we lived in Va. There was a baby seat on the back of the bike, and i would bundle Will up real good and we would take off. Boy i miss those days. Exercising has always been a part of my daily routine. Its something i don't even think about, like burshing your teeth or taking a bath. Its just something i do in my everyday living.

I hope all of you know that i consider you as friends.
I am getting hungry so am going to eat something.
Hugs.
Gloria http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/tour_salad_hg.gif

LuckyLadyBug
02-12-2005, 11:52 PM
Stop do not post here but join us on "Sanctuary - #9 Everyone Welcome"