100 lb. Club - Belly pics--10 weeks and uh-oh could it be twins??

tolose85
02-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Since we haven't heard the heartbeat yet we don't have the answer. Everyone I've shared the picture with (Including a former ob nurse here at work) says I'm in trouble and rather large for only 10 weeks. What do you all think?? Here's the pic... Taken yesterday

barbygirl43
02-09-2005, 03:15 PM
OMG What a cute pregnant belly. With my second, I started showing a lot earlier but I didn't start showing with Lilly until I was almost 6 months.

You could very well be having twins. :D

Inca's Momma
02-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Wowzers, sure looks like ya might have a pair in there :lol: If you are ok with having twins then I hope you are carrying two! That would be such a great blessing.

tolose85
02-09-2005, 04:27 PM
I am not so sure how I feel about that yet.. It could be one.. And if it's two,well I'm not ready to think about that yet!! I'll know for sure on March 3! Until then...

PamPSM644
02-09-2005, 05:11 PM
It's been a long time sence I was PG. In fact 30 yrs now but I will never forget it. Thought I'd never see my toes again. Twins,ummm,that would be exciting. :lol:

Pam

togger
02-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Oh...what a cool pic. I am so happy for you guys. Just think of the name combos you could come up with!

way2fat4me
02-09-2005, 05:49 PM
You are too cute! I'm excited for you! You just have to let us know if it is!

lessofsarahtolove
02-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Aw, Gretchen, look at that TUM!! Too, too cute. :love: I don't know if it's twins or just one critter -- but there's definitely something going ON in there! :yes:

Hey, when we hook up on that Monday, can I rub it for good luck?

mabear
02-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Very cute pg belly!

I know I show very early but after so many it's to be expected. With my second I showed earlier and worried about twins. I wonder if because you just lost a ton of weight that it's like having your second?

How exciting! When will you have a u/s to find out?

Catherine EDD#11 June 24th <--Amnio says GIRL!
hw/sw(pg)/cw/gw
272/258/242/155
mabear's homepage (http://www.plomp.com/mabear)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar007/chick01/lb/258/155/242/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Br00klyn
02-10-2005, 12:18 AM
Gretchen! :D I've missed you so much! You MUST keep posting! You have so much advice to offer here and there's lots of other pg ladies too! :)

You look sooooo cute! Aww, I can't wait until you're further along!! Have you had fun shopping for maternity clothes yet?

howie6267
02-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Hey glad to see your taking us serious and posting again Gretchen. It's good to see you. And boy have we seen you. Your belly looks marvelous dahling. :D What a great time in you life. I'm glad your here to share it with us.

djs06
02-10-2005, 12:57 AM
Awww, a cute preggie belly! I can't wait to hear the gender. Names picked out yet?

Raelynn
02-10-2005, 01:35 AM
I love pregnant bellies!!! :D

tolose85
02-10-2005, 09:57 AM
Sarah, of course you can rub it for good luck! Hee hee.. Oh we need to discuss that Monday too...

I do have names picked out (semi-confident of them)

Boy: Gabriel James
Girl: We are considering a few: Emma Ann, Anna Christine and now we're also considering Bryn Elize (that's our crazy wacko choice). But I thinnk we'd probably choose Emma Ann.. It's our favorite.

I've been busy and it's hard to get on here. Work has slowed a bit so I'll have some extra time for a bit... I miss you guys and I am totally HUNGRY right now!!

Sandi
02-10-2005, 10:15 AM
Awwwww...what a cute little belly. I just loved being pregnant!! Are you enjoying it??? Can't wait to hear if you will be blessed with 2!!!

lucky
02-11-2005, 11:39 AM
I am a mom of twins and didn't show any differently than when I carried just one. Well, until a little further into the preganancy. I think it was around 4 or 5 months that my old maternity clothes started to not fit like the had before. And by the end of the pregnancy - forget about it. I had to actually pick my stomach up with my hands and move it with me just to turn over to my side in bed.

But that doesn't mean anything since we all carry differently. Let me just say that if you are having twins don't panic. It isn't nearly as hard as it seems like it would be. The first year is tough but you'll be in such a haze that you will hardly notice. It was at least a year before I could look at them without thinking, "I can't believe I have TWO babies!" It was just weird - a blessing for sure - but weird all the same.

Whatever you have, one, two, boy, or girl, I hope you have a healthy and comfortable pregnancy. Good Luck!

Amanda Panda
02-11-2005, 12:38 PM
You and your belly are looking great Gretchen!

Twins are truly a blessing, but so is any child!

All the best

Amanda x

Jillegal
02-11-2005, 01:21 PM
This is freaky, Gretchen! :o I experienced the very same thing...and in my case there was an explanation. You see, I dutifully went to the doctor a couple of weeks after having missed my "monthly" (geez, I sound like my grandmother) and a blood test confirmed I was pregnant. The doctor and I figured out an estimated time of arrival and he scheduled an ultrasound for a few months down the road. I soon noticed premature protrusion of the belly and feared I was going to give birth to a freakishly huge child (I was mentally expecting a c-section). When I eventually had my ultrasound it was revealed that I was further along than expected. :dizzy: Apparently its not at all unusual to have a couple of very light periods during the first months of pregnancy (before you even realize you are) and when I thought about it, my last couple had definitely been very pleasantly light. Since I hadn't been experiencing any pregnancy symptoms those first months (the morning sickness didn't start until I was in what I thought was my third month), I had no idea I WAS pregnant!! :lol:

So that's how my June baby became an April baby. Sooo, considering you and hubby weren't using any...um..."formal" form of birth control, perhaps that's your explanation, too! :o

In any event, I agree its a very cute belly! :smug:

tolose85
02-11-2005, 01:46 PM
You know, I have taken notice that I have experienced certain symptoms, seemingly too early, and according to everything I have been reading, It seems that I am more between 15-16 weeks BUT... when they tried to hear the heartbeat at my last appointment (what we think is 10 weeks) they couldn't hear anything SO... I don't know. I won't have an ultrasound until around 20 weeks and so I won't really know until then. I guess we'll see!! It would be great to have the due date be moved up and I'd be further along!! Thanks for sharing that...

Charbar
02-12-2005, 05:19 AM
Gretchen... twins? yikes! Right now being up with one infant is more then enough.... but it would be really cool for you!
Just remember.. God never gives you more then you can handle.
I hope you get to hear the heart beat real soon - hearing that makes your hormones go crazy - but in a good way!
Any morning sickness? are you really tired?

Dana

tolose85
02-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Dana-- Congratulations again to you!!

And to answer your questions.... I am terribly sick.. all day.. I have only vomited 4 times during this first trimester but I am very queezy quite often. I am trying the sea bands now.. They help a little. I am so so tired. I go to bed about 8:00pm every night-- when I can. We painted the nursery today (well hubby painted) I organized where the crib, changning table, lamps etc go... We've got a long way to go with it but at least we're started. I am starting to feel a little better than I did in previous weeks.. You're kids are just the cutest things.... I am so so happy and excited for you. While I was looking at your picture, I was thinking how AMAZING being pregnant and giving life is. It TRULY is a MIRACLE!!

SuchAPrettyFace
02-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Congrats, Gretchen! :) When you do you have the next appt to hear the heartbeat?