Support Groups - 40 days and 40 nights of cows in the wilderness

Bagzz
02-09-2005, 09:35 AM
HAAAAAAAAAA!!! PAINTY MADE UP THAT NAME BUT I LOVE IT-----as far as giving something up,i heard that the NEW way to think about it was to DO something EXTRA----some 'randon acts of kindness' type of things--------like GIVE AWAY your valentine chocolates!!! :smug: :smug: AND A HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE KIWIETTE!!! HAS SHE GOT HER DRIVER'S LICENCE YET DARLING???? :dizzy: :dizzy: :D :D gotta go surf the net for good deals on "glass beads"---the dd has to make me some jewellery.................later darlings ;)

nibs
02-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Hi, Where did you get the lovely picture of Kalan Porter? I think he is sooooooocute.... :lol: If I was only that young again.

Bagzz
02-09-2005, 11:44 AM
FINALLY!!!! A KALAN LOVER!!!!--- i am going to see him in march here in town----i hear he is going to the Rock this summer to play at a summer festival!!!--- i think i got his pic from the avatars at his site----you should see the pic i have with him and my daughter!!!!! SO CUTE---what brings you to the Pasture????

Cowpernia
02-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Kalan Lover #1 and #2 .. hello!

This is a good name by the way. Congrats to #1 and Painty for coming up with it.

Bye. See youse later.

Bagzz
02-09-2005, 04:01 PM
wilderness cows---------a voice crys out in the wilderness---prepare the way for the Cowwwwwwwwwwwwwws-----------ohhh thank you peachers!!! i think i will change my name from Bagzz to Kalanlover#1----i luuuuuuurve it!!!!!

Cowpernia
02-09-2005, 04:16 PM
At least you're a fan of something Number One. I am a grump. My friend was s'posed to come have lunch with me. I couldn't reach her but was told she had left the house. I waited til 1 p.m. and called her. She was home. She had left a message on my cell. Why didn't you call me at work, I asked. I didn't know that would be ok, she answered.

Like I keep my cell on and check it. It's basically just a way to keep tabs on DS.

I know it's not she committed a crime but I was so looking forward to getting out and doing something fun. She said, I hope you've eaten. I replied, I will now. B*tchy, eh?

SugP
02-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Never mess with a hungry cow, eh? I'm so sorry you missed your lunch.

I honestly don't think I've ever been this fat before and it's DEPRESSING. Tomorrow I will start exercising again and eating right, which means laying off the cheese and peanut butter (not together! eew!), drinking a ton of water and getting at least 5 servings of fruits and veg's every day. Yeah right!

Must go do something domestic now before I go to bed.

Bagzz
02-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Word on the depressing fat shuga.you see it is a symptom of 'stay at home motherhood'---we are always low grade depressed and need the food to pump up some endorphins which in turn pumps up our endomorphins{and arses and gutarses} nothing like a big double bum to bum you out.Feel the love darling-----peachers ----your friend may have not "meant" to do that but it's still an arse pain.

Wabby
02-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Peachez, if I was close by, I'd never stand you up. I know what you mean about looking forward to having some fun. Fun seems to be in short supply lately.

Sugar, dearie, don't be too hard on yourself. The scales have been inching up here too. I'm sick of Leslie, but it's too nasty out to go walk outside. I'm left here at work w/ a tub of chocolate chip cookies one of the guys brought in. I reeeealy hope my trip next week will be just what I need to perk me up, and not a reason to feel sorry for myself because my sis in law is still as purdy and petite as she was 30 years ago when we went to hi-school together. It could go either way, you know.

Bagzie, are you saying that when you open the shop you will become slim and trim because you aren't a stay at home mom anymore????

Nibs, don't encourage Bagzie with the Kalan talk. ;)

Kiwonk
02-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Word on the depressing fat shuga.you see it is a symptom of 'stay at home motherhood'---we are always low grade depressed and need the food to pump up some endorphins which in turn pumps up our endomorphins{and arses and gutarses} nothing like a big double bum to bum you out. Oh boy, is that ever right on the money! Sad that one of the best things you can do with your life drags you down at the same time.

Speaking of motherhood et al, I'm feeling trés sentimental about DD's 17th birthday today. I guess this is the last full year in which she will be 100% living at home (well, except for those 5 years in her 20s when she moves back home, eh Wab? ;) ). We seem to have been celebrating her birthday for about a week, but not so much today: she was home just long enough to eat dinner, then it was back to school for pep band/b-ball game and show choir rehearsal. Dinner was really good though -- broiled salmon filets, baby spinach salad and popovers (DD loves those). I didn't bother with dessert; she's had birthday cake twice already!

I'm in the doldrums too -- maybe we should join "Queen of the Beach" challenge next door? I mean, it's run by someone whose sig says Stage 1 Beer Belly Babe, she sounds like fun :cheers:

I woke up with a killer backache this morning. I've been barely teetering around all day. Don't know what caused it. Only hurts when I move :stars: Oy.

We're supposed to get a nor'easter tomorrow. Possibility of 20 inches of heavy wet snow. That'll knock out our power in good shape, I'm sure. So if you don't hear from me for a few days, you can assume I'm snowed in in the dark.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
02-10-2005, 12:09 AM
So are we in 40 days and 40 nights in wilderness... or giving up cud?

Lohani
02-10-2005, 01:22 AM
You guys have been here all day? When I posted that message there was NOthing since this AM...now I look and a whole party has been going on without me. What's so great about Kalan?

Bagzz
02-10-2005, 04:24 PM
EVERYTHING IS GREAT ABOUT KALAN. thanks for encouraging me----can't wait til his con cert on the first of march!!!!----okay----wabby HUDDA ON THE IDEA OF ME GETTING SLIM WITH MY JOB---it's in a market!!! there is an Italian Food Stall on one side of me,and another food stall on the right----the market is mostly food-----IT'S SO WONDERFUL AT LUNCH TIME!!!--- i can have food from the fresh fish counter---they have lobster rolls and they will make you salmon filets to order=-==there are fish and chips,there is a mexican guy,there is a chinese stall,there are TWO italian stalls,a bakery on and on and on!!!!!----------------wonderful---so the chances of me getting slim are YOU guessed it SLIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!----ohhhhh----kiwonkers i know just how you feel ----when dd18 [soon to be 19 this month] was in the last year of highschool you will recall i was maudlin-izing about it the whole time-=--- and i know you are enjoying every minute of her activities she is involved in!!!!! by the way-----how are you making out withj this miss Pakistan-bull-tank??????---------and poor peachpit is in the same boat-------------------------WABBY I THOUGHT YOU HAD SHRUBS BLOOOMING---YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T WALK SOMEWHERE WHERE THERE ARE FLOWERS GROWING????????????????MMMMMMMMMMM?????????????// KIWONK---WE ARE HAVING THE EFFIN NOREASTER AS WE SPEAK----HOW BOUT YOU????

SugP
02-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Bagzie! What do you think about those two crazy kids Charles and Camilla tying the knot in April? I loooooooooooved Diana, but I suppose if these two have stuck it out for 35 years they're meant to be together. Can't wait to get my commemorative C&C coffee mug, with the emphasis on 'mug'. :lol: On the news they said Camilly "smiled widely" at the engagement reception. Hee!

I don't think you'll gain weight from eating at the market because you won't be able to eat non-stop (will you?) and you'll be busy doing other stuff like cozying up to customers and raking in the dough.

I don't know what I'll do when my kids move out. Maybe I'll go with them! Still have a few years to go.

Thanks to all you cowz for the weight loss encouragement. It really is so depressing.

Cowpernia
02-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Wabby, if we lived near, you'd never speak to me for you are far cooler than I.

Where do we join the Beer Belly Bovine Bloatfest?

Wabby
02-11-2005, 01:21 PM
Peach, cool is definitely not me. I'm middle aged, a little chubby, very married, and boooooring.

Bagzie, I'd be a blimp if I worked at your market!!! There are no decent restaurants in our little suburb and I still manage to pig out on bad food. If I had good food I'd be lost. Re: my excuse for not walking outside --- Only my very early rhody is blooming a few of those teeny daffodils, and they're blooming because its so wet and rainy! So that's my excuse, although today it's absolutely gorgeous out.

I always think of the tampon love talk when I think of Charles and Camilla. Eeeeew!

Lush, there's a party here every day - that's why you need to hang out here, instead of drudging away with those cleanie friends. :coffee:

Cowpernia
02-11-2005, 02:06 PM
What is wrong with those people? I mean the Royal Family of Canada who reside in the U.K.? Why aren't they nice and normal like me?

I have figured out that my boss is the perfect person to work alone. She gets tons of work done, shares none of it with anyone, keeps all information to herself, delegates copying and unloading boxes to her staff. She's efficient and mean. She likes no one. In public, she is perfect. Always smiling. Knows exactly what to say. Back in the office, she has something negative to say about everyone. And I mean EVERYONE so I know she talks about me. Bad for morale. I hate this.

Kiwonk
02-11-2005, 04:35 PM
by the way-----how are you making out withj this miss Pakistan-bull-tankWhat in heck are you talking about?

Yeah, we've been having a whopping nor'easter. I guess we've gotten at least a foot of snow and it's still coming down. We let DD drive over to a friend's house last night for "movie night". Figured there wouldn't be any school today, so no harm in a little fun. We decided to let her drive herself despite the weather because we both feel like she's got to get used to this kind of weather -- I refuse to let her soak in the local "old lady" mentality where the women stay home if the weather gets a little icky: we've always driven in the snow unless it's really too dangerous. Anyway, her friend had gone off somewhere else and not told her, so darling dear instead of coming home, decided to go to another friend's house -- one who lives out in the woods like us but out the other side of town. She called when she got there (I was not thrilled with her at this point), and we told her to come home in an hour. Well, an hour later she calls to say she's heading out. Good. Fine. Five minutes later the phone rings again. Not good. Ring of doom. DH answered it -- fortunately she was not flipped over in a ditch, she had run out of gas! In her friend's driveway! :lol: Well, she got a ride into town to get gas and made it home, rather late.

So that's the adventure of the day. DD said as they were driving to the gas station, all the street lights in town went out and a transformer blew and sent sparks all over. Lovely, huh? We haven't lost power here thank goodness, the snow is not as wet and heavy as predicted. It's drifting like crazy; I'll have to take pictures.

What do you think about those two crazy kids Charles and Camilla tying the knot in April? I loooooooooooved Diana, but I suppose if these two have stuck it out for 35 years they're meant to be together. I think they deserve each other. You gotta wonder if that gene pool has been irretrievably muddied. Is William any more of a man than Charles? Hope so. Do they still have the rule about marrying divorced people?

Where do we join the Beer Belly Bovine Bloatfest?It's right next door here -- um -- Valentine Challenge, or something like that? I haven't posted there yet.

Gross gross gross. I made coffee with this packet of "Irish Coffee" someone gave me. :coffee: Gross gross gross. And it was Godiva brand -- shouldn't that be good?

I think I'll break out my new pasta roller machine I got for Christmas and make flat things. Who's up for flat things?

Kiwi

Cowpernia
02-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Paki-bull-tank = Lush

Charles and Camilla should double-date with Brittany and her hubby.

I'd be too scared in snow. Florida is so normal and unsnowy.

I am depressed and grumpy. What to do? I went to the library and checked out Fat Albert cartoons. Will that cheer me up?

No flat things. They're on my gave-it-up-for-Lent list.

Wabby
02-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Hey Kiwi! I think I'm the "old lady" you were talking about! I don't ever drive in the snow because we only have it once or twice a year (if that) and it only lasts for a day or so. I stay home and bake cookies on snow days. I don't own a pair of mittens or snow boots. I've got lots of umbrellas.

Peachez, time to look for a new job. Nothing like working w/ a not nice person to make you miserable. Life is too short. Look for something new.

What kind of flat things?

Cowpernia
02-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Has to be either noodles or pancakes. What else is flat?

Kiwonk
02-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Your boss sounds like a sociopath.

It is still snowing. My various family members managed to return home safely once again. DH is in the kitchen roasting a chicken. :dunno: So I may or may not get around to the pasta roller. We shall see.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
02-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Darling Cowp, it's Britney, as in Whitney, not Brittany as in they've actually heard of the region in France.

I don't think my pasta roller makes pancakes. I'll bet I could make some killer lasagna noodles though!

Wabbit, you're excused from driving in the snow, as that would be considered driving in a foreign land when you live in Oregon, and you'd need an international drivers license. However if you ever move to snow country and still don't leave the house when it snows, I reserve the right to call you an old lady. :dizzy:

DH is changing out the processor on my computer to one that is twice as fast. Isn't that exciting? He's also going to swap one of the hard drives to a bigger. I think I'll back up some of my data before he rips the thing apart. You know, not that I don't trust him or anything. :sssh:

Kiwi

SugP
02-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Yes, people from the Pacific Northwest and Soutwestern B.C. are excused if driving in the snow freaks them out, right Wabby? But we are experts at hydroplaning. :D

Guess what? I EXERCISED! 3 miles (45 minutes non-stop walking action with upper-body weight) with Leslie!! I actually feel so much better than yesterday seeing that I'm a raving PMS lunatic at the moment.

Peachy - I can't believe your boss is still giving you grief. Same old thing as before, huh? You need to work somewhere where you can be your own boss.

I think the thingie about not being able to marry a divorcee is still in place so they're scrambling around trying to figure out what to do since if Charles ever becomes king he'll officially be the head of the Church of England. I heard that they'll have a civil ceremony and then be given a blessing, but not a real church ceremony afterwards. I have a feeling that Charles will let William become king and then we'll all be relieved because he'll choose a hottie wife (NOT like Britney) and we Canadians can hang posters of her on our fridges.

I am all for flat things. Dh came home with some kind of flat mozarella cheese in large sheets that you can put something inside and just roll up like a tortilla and cut into pieces. Looks very interesting.

Is a nor' easter worse than a sou' wester? I know nothing about wind.

Cowpernia
02-12-2005, 09:52 AM
Sugar, I am too depressed to be my own boss these days. Still not over my friend standing me up for lunch.she sent me a Hello Kitty valentine with tattoos in it.

Kiwwi, I may have confused her with those cute red spotted spaniels.

I am sending DS to Europe again this summer. It's a lot of trip for the money. One of his teachers (a great teacher) does this every summer and they get college credit. Still ... it's not like I have disposable money. I'm just depressed. That's my answer to everything.

I like pancakes.

Cowpernia
02-12-2005, 09:54 AM
The summer trip involves Germany, Sugar. Would you assume Munich? It's Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary. I wish they'd go see you.

SugP
02-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Still not over my friend standing me up for lunch.she sent me a Hello Kitty valentine with tattoos in it.

LOL! Oh yeah, Hello Kitty and tattoos will make up for everything. I'm sure you feel much better now. :D :D

If ds and his homies will be visiting all those other countries they'll most likely be staying in southern Germany. It's about an 8 or 9 hour drive from here to the Austrian border. We're planning on going to Cornwall for a couple of weeks some time in July/August. I was searching the internet for a place to stay and came across a guest house called Mole Cottage on Cherry Garden Street in a town called Mousehole in Penzance. Isn't that adorable? The British really know how to do cute. Unfortunately they only have enough room for three people so that's out.

Is ds still going to Spain with the Herbivore?

More hurricane force winds today and tomorrow - all our umbrellas are bent. And it's supposed to snow. I'll be taking the bus, thank you very much.

Got dh a heart-shaped bottle of wine for Valentine's Day and have been hinting and reminding for the last month so he BETTER make some kind of gesture on Monday or he's toast. Last time I reminded him he said "But I just brought you flowers three weeks ago!" Men. :dizzy:

Cowpernia
02-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Yes, still going to Spain. I don't have to pay for that.

Kiwi, I searched online for "sociopath" and found lots of descriptions of her. One said, "If you know someone like this, notify the police!" That was a British site.

Bagzz
02-12-2005, 09:46 PM
just a little info on the boss-------------------i think i know a few of these types-----------------------------------------------------Psychopaths are intermingled with the general population and are not that easily identified. They are best characterized as persons devoid of remorse and empathy. What sets them apart is not that these two characteristics are depressed or reduced in them, but that they are entirely missing. Psychopaths are held in check only by their fear of being caught and punished; the potential impact of their actions upon others is without relevance to them, and guilt is just a word in the dictionary to them, not something they themselves experience.

Not all psychopaths are rampaging killers, constantly on the hunt for their next victims. Many live law-abiding lives and outwardly appear quite normal. They lack a sense of right versus wrong, and they do not care about the people in their lives, not even their spouses or children; the risk to their own well-being is what keeps them, for the most part, on the straight and narrow. These are not healthy individuals to become involved with, but on the other hand, they are not necessarily mere heartbeats away from taking up the nearest hatchet and laying waste to the steno pool just because it's Tuesday.

Bagzz
02-12-2005, 09:47 PM
haha on the steno pool remark.

Kiwonk
02-13-2005, 01:18 AM
Is a nor' easter worse than a sou' wester? I know nothing about wind.I believe a sou'wester is what you wear in a nor'easter.

The computer ate my reply and I'm pouting about it. In the meantime, here's a picture of a sou'wester -- on the Gloucester fisherman.

Cowpernia
02-14-2005, 02:45 AM
It is 12:45 a.m. and raining. I want to play a game. I learned this game on one of the kids' forums. I can't play there because they address things like school, sex, homework. Things I know nothing about.

To play, you end your post with TPBM (the person below me) then you make a true/false statement. For example, if Kiwi had said, TPBM tucks in her shirts. I would reply Fasle .. my poptarts don't reach my waist. Then I make one.

TPBM is belingual.

SugP
02-14-2005, 08:29 AM
Umm...true? I can order my pork chops from the butcher in two languages. I'm not so good at games. Besides, I'm in the middle of making heart-shaped cherry jello and stuff because it's Valentine's Day and we all just love each other so d*mn much.

TPBM had chocolate for breakfast.

Cowpernia
02-14-2005, 12:55 PM
False .. gave up sugar for Lent.

I am at work but my boss is home ill. I have no Valentine. However, DS and I are going out tonight to see a play. "Cookin'." Anyone seen this or know about it?

Kiwi, what schools you gonna go see?

TPBM has freckles.

Wabby
02-14-2005, 01:56 PM
False, but I have some lovely age spots on my hands.

Tomorrow is the day I leave for Arizona! I don't have a thing packed. Totally unprepared, but that is how I travel. Geez, Cowper, DS will be a world traveler before he's 21. I'm jealous. I think the only place I'd been by that age was southern California and BC. Oh wait. I haven't gone much further than that at 48. I'm sorry you're having boss problems. Maybe she's not so much psychopath or sociopath, but extremely narciscistic. No empathy for other ppl, only sees things as in how they relate to themselves. I think this is my dad's description.

DH has been so sweet the last few days. He's missing me already. :love:

TPBM ..... oh I'm so dense, I can't think of anything..... is under sunny skies today.

Cowpernia
02-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Yes, high today of 72.

Wabby, one quote I found is "Those who can't love, want power." Does that narcisstic? I'm new to this psychology stuff.

Where's Kiwi. It's not Spring Break yet. And Bagz. It's not shop-grand-opening time yet.

TPBM bought new Christmas decorations in December.

Kiwonk
02-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Well, true, if you count a fresh wreath and a couple of doodads to trim it with...

Cute game!

Wabbit, have a wonderful time at the spa! I will be thinking of you luxuriating in fabulous surroudings and eating gourmet, healthy food. Ah, lovely.

Haven't planned out the spring college trip yet, but I think it will include Boston and NYC. Especially Columbia U., and Harvard, Tufts, Brandeis, Emerson, maybe. Maybe Barnard and Vassar. Bard. Heck if I know. That's just a tad too many for a week, eh? :lol:

TPBM posted a message before I got finished with mine. Making her TPAM.

Kiwi

Bagzz
02-14-2005, 10:45 PM
gakkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!! the damn shop lease is going before City Council tonight---if they 'pass' the resolution,i think i can begin painting and cleaning tomorrow night---i think i will take my camera so i can get some before and after shots---------TPBM is thinking of loosing weight this century.

Cowpernia
02-15-2005, 11:28 AM
True, I think of loosing weight each morning.

Went to see Cookin' last night. If you ever have a chance, GOOOO. I don't remember laughing so hard ever. Audience participation was a riot. LIterally. The story involves cooks preparing a feast. At one point, this hilarious guy got the audience screaming and clapping then his "boss" ordered him offstage to do some chore. The "boss" looks at the audience, pretends the applause is for himself and starts doing magic tricks. So funny!

TPBM prefers coffee to tea.

SugP
02-15-2005, 02:32 PM
False. Coffee is evil and makes me wonky. A nice cup of orange pekoe is my poison.

I'm siiiiiiiiiiiick. Woke up in the middle of the night feeling vaguely nauseated so I took half a seasick pill and have been lying in bed all day. Called off all my egagements and did nothing. Still feel weird - headache, stomachache, earache, kind of flu-like but with no fever. This will pass by tomorrow, right?

The play sounds funny, Peachy.

Bleh. I'm going back to bed.

TPBM exercised today.

Kiwonk
02-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Ssshh :sssh: Don't tell. False. Bad me. Although the day is not over yet; it's only 2:53.

I'm going on the bus with a gaggle of teenagers to a band competition tomorrow. Won't that be fun? :yikes:

I'm sorry you're feeling so icky, Sug. It sounds a lot like what I had a few weeks ago. It went away :yes: It was really only about a 24 hour thing, but the nausea lasted a few days.

All that beautiful snow we had last week is totally wrecked: it snowed this morning and turned to rain so now we have giant snowbanks of wet, compressed slushy crap. And I didn't even get out into the beautiful snow. I'm a dope with no gumption.

TPBM has been running around like a chicken with her head cut off all day.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
02-16-2005, 03:25 AM
False... I've been lying around like a chicken with head cut off... a LONNNNG time ago. :chicken:

I think I have 8 of 10 official burnout symptoms.... thinking of clients when I'm at home, wanting to avoid them, etc. etc. Since I had so few I took TWO days at home and mostly slept and knitted. Oh, and several loads of laundry. It was "unseasonably" warm... it is 68 at 1:00 am.... and I only looked at the pansies and watered them... along with two new trees. The Helleboruses must wait.
DH's roses are opening orangely on the livingroom table. He is a dear.
I was depressed and out of sorts. Might be back on the psychic treadmill... tomorrow will tell.

Kiwi... beautiful floral avatar.
Hope psycho bosses all fall into a crevasse during spring thaws.
TPBM was an alternate for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue.

Cowpernia
02-16-2005, 11:04 AM
True. The cover is a girl from Panama City and they said they didn't want to have two of us in the same locale.

How do you get a new avatar? I mean I've done it but not easily and not all the ones I want.

Thank you for the kind sentiment Painty. We have no thaw here however.

Anyone heard of that new diet. I forget the name already. Four letter word that's the name of a Brazilian berry. Oh well.

TPBM has an Elvis imitator among her admireres. Said she's purdy.

SugP
02-16-2005, 11:38 AM
True! He's 8 yrs old, likes to go around singing "Don't Step on my Blue Suede Shoes", is STILL suffering from and Oedipus complex, and thinks I'm the purdiest thing this side of the Great Wall of China.

Now dh has the flu. Excellent! He got up in the middle of the night to get a hot water bottle and has been in bed ever since (local time: 4:36 p.m.). He called in sick to work,something he never does, so he must be really ill. Ds8, aka L'il Elvis, also went to bed with a stomach ache right after school but seems to have made a miraculous recovery. We'll see. Looks like I won't have to cook dinner tonight. :coffee:

TPBM is making reservations for dinner.

Cowpernia
02-16-2005, 03:10 PM
False. Pizza Hut doesn't take reservations.

Chicken soup for all, Sugar?

DS is going to Berlin, Munich, some other places and flying out of Frankfurt. Sounds sooo wonderful. I wanna go!

Actually, IF I had the money I could go. But this week's Time Mag's cover story is on what teachers hate about parents. It tells of this senior class at the end of the year. A bunch of mom's showed up at the school and an administrator asked them what their purpose was that day. They said it was the last day these kids would eat lunch together and they wanted to watch.!! DS should appreciate me after that. I may hover but I try not to embarrass him.

TPBM puts extra vowels in their words. Very colourful.

PainterWoman
02-17-2005, 12:45 AM
We all put extra vowels in our words. We're southern, y'all. y'heah?

TPBM is secretaly doing Oprah's boot camp.

Bagzz
02-17-2005, 04:52 PM
SOOOOOOOOOoo false on the Oprahcamp!!!--True on the extra vowels {colour,humour,loooosing}------------they gave me the lease for the shop so NOW i have to quit fat chicks and go post at some craft forums to get some ideas {NOT}------i will send some pics of the SPACE so you can see what i have to work with [if you CARE!!!!]----i am assuming you care,so don't feel you have to SAY so!!!!----Painty---you must have the winter doldrums----pansies would help us out here in the north pole,but you are accustomed to a warm winter so that is likely no help.......................i have to go,some telephone annoyer is calling me right now---blah---------------------

Cowpernia
02-17-2005, 05:15 PM
I love Bagz even if she doesn't want to play this game which I still do.

I'm alone in the office. I am hungry. I am being good. Sort of. I am hungry though. I have cheese sticks but I suspect they're made from petroleum byproduct. I do not think they would melt. I am going to eat hummus. With a spoon.

TPBM is mentally ill and doesn't care. (or is that me?)

Bagzz
02-17-2005, 05:21 PM
finally ----you hit it on the head!!! and I Don't Care either!!!!TPBM should get some crackers from the vending machine to eat with her hummus.

Kiwonk
02-17-2005, 06:48 PM
And yet this is entirely FALSE because she doesn't have any hummus or for that matter a vending machine in her home. :lol:
How do you get a new avatar? I mean I've done it but not easily and not all the ones I want. Here is the usual way:this should be the avatar page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/profile.php?do=editavatar) It shows your current one, and right below that is a dropdown box with 3 choices of types of avatars, holiday, standard and pounds lost. Right now I can see the holiday ones, but if you switch to the standard avatars, there are 3 pages of them.

Of course, I always put up my own picture. That flower with the bee is a close-up I took last summer on my front steps of bees getting all excited about the clover flowers. If you want to put up your own picture, you have to scroll down the page to Custom Avatar and upload from your computer. It can't be any bigger than 110x110 pixels or 7.8Kb.

The fish truck man gave me a discount today. I told him I had $7 on me and how big was a pound of salmon. He put a filet in a bag and weighed it; it was 1.5lbs. He hands it to me and says "one and a half pounds for seven dollars". It was $5.25/lb. I got a dollar off for being pitiful. Yay me.

The adventure in bus riding yesterday was, um, lovely. The jazz band played very well, scored a 2, which is good enough to go on to the state competition (1 being highest). DD's guitar solo got her a 1. Yay her. The bus was full, so I had to actually sit with someone (an adult: all the adults sat at the front). So it was rather uncomfortable and we didn't get home til about 11 PM. But the kids were great.

DD has a date for the prom. :cb: She's going with one of her best friends. Very nice guy. Very unlike the guy she has a big crush on still although he moved away last year. Him I would be freaking out about her going to a prom with. This guy, no problem. Me a happy mommy.

TPBM is a happy mommy, too.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
02-17-2005, 06:52 PM
I am a happy mommy. There's a good chance that when DS goes to college, he will get money. I will not have to pay. He will GET money for going. Happy.

I am at work and there is hummus here but no venidng machine. Besides, I gave up crackes for Lent.

Kiwi, I know about the 3fc avatars. I want a cool good unique one. How can I steal one from somebody.

TPBM is planning to watch Survivor tonight.

Bagzz
02-17-2005, 10:31 PM
i HATE that stupid show--i was watching the OC-----------i am sick of the Apprentice too,but i am NOT sick of American Idol yet-------------AND I ADORRRRRRRE MY CANADIAN IDOL,KALAN PORTER!!!------i have been painting and cleaning at my shop-----it's lots of work,but i have to say,i really enjoy it---i wonder if i will make any money.TPBM is a tramp.{don't all break yer necks rushing to post}

Bagzz
02-17-2005, 10:32 PM
hahahaha----------i had to return to claim my title----------------KEE WEE I AM JEALOUS OF YOU AGAIN,hanging with all those nice teens------------THE MUSICAL IS NEXT WEEK AND I DON'T HAVE ANY OF MY GIRLS IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! FEEL SORRY FOR ME!!!!====== my dd2 turns nineteen{legal} tomorrow-------whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa TPBM is a bigger tramp.

SugP
02-18-2005, 04:21 AM
That should read WAS a bigger tramp. This is no longer true since I am so busy sorting the socks that I have no effin time to be trampy any more. :o

I bet it's so much fun fixing up your shop, Bagzie!!! I wish something exciting would happen around here. I guess I'll just sit here and wait for life to point me in the right direction. Or maybe I could actually get out there and DO something. What a concept.

Well, the Don Quixote book club has bombed in a big way so I don't feel bad for only having read the first chapter. Nobody told me that that sucker was 900 pages long. I AM going to read it, I'll just take my time because my attention span is gnat-like at the moment. In addition I have now become addicted to badly dubbed re-runs of the Gilmore Girls and have no time to read.

Yay for ds getting paid to go to college! He'll make you proud(er), Peachy.

Bus trip sounded like a blast, Kiwi. Did you sing "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" or "Found a Peanut"?

"I got a dollar off for being pitiful" Hee!! I MUST try that. We have a fish man too, but I don't think he comes down our street any more since half our neighbours passed away. When we lived close to downtown there was also a potato man and and egg man. Once in a while the apple lady comes by now, but I never buy anything from her 'cause she knocks on the door and she's pushy.

I am making cream of broccoli soup today. Lots of broccoli, no cream. It is excellent.

SugP
02-18-2005, 04:27 AM
...TPBM is thanking the Higher Power of her choice that it's Friday.

Cowpernia
02-18-2005, 12:31 PM
True. I guess. Although it's not all that high on my list of things I wish for.

I am a POUND heavier this week than last. I am not resetting that ticker. No. I will just lie.

Am I the most boring person you know? DS has a new cartoon on his website. Go see if you like that sort of thing.

*kiss* *kiss*

TPBM wishes I had something to say

PainterWoman
02-19-2005, 05:21 PM
False. I wish I had something to say.
Doldrums are partially dashed by pansies, ranunculas and sprouting clematis. Of course the rebound cookies and pies (after watching Oprah's Book Camp and having a massive emotional breakdown) were only temporarily helpful.

Kiwi... amazed you survived the adults on band trip. I always liked eavesdropping on the kids best. Also glad that DD has "safe" prom date. I had a very unsafe prom date, my parents knew it and freaked, but dad nevertheless lent us HIS car... never could figure that out.

Baggz... congrats! What name did you decide for your shop... Let me know if you want to carry any knit stuff!! :lol: Maybe Kalan will come for the opening.....
gotta go nurse DH and his bronchitis.... he teased me before I got on the computer than my hour would actually be four... Well, it IS at least two hours later... better go put supper on.

Kiwonk
02-19-2005, 07:47 PM
Bus trip sounded like a blast, Kiwi. Did you sing "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" or "Found a Peanut"?Nah, these kids bring their own music mostly; one kid even brings a DVD player. Although my DD's friends spend the whole trip gabbing and joking and flirting. :rolleyes: At least I'd call the whole needling thing flirting -- they all think they're just being funny.

Kiwi, I know about the 3fc avatars. I want a cool good unique one. How can I steal one from somebody.Who do you want to steal it from? I think you can probably right click on most of the avatars, click Properties, copy the url: I did that with this one: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/customavatars/avatar12182_4.gif and insert the url into your custom avatar link place.

I am a POUND heavier this week than last. I am not resetting that ticker. No. I will just lie.Ever wonder why my ticker never moves? Mainly because I'm not down to the starting weight yet...

(after watching Oprah's Book Camp and having a massive emotional breakdown) .....What is this? book camp or boot camp? I never watch Oprah. Fill me in.

I should be making dinner, but DD said she was going to make crepes for us. She is not in the kitchen. Hmph.

TPBM didn't eat breakfast today. :nono:

Kiwi

PainterWoman
02-20-2005, 03:01 PM
True. I slept til lunch. If I have soup now, does it become breakfast by default?

Great copyreading, Kiwi... Oprah's Boot camp. She conned 4 staffers into suffering (?) with her and getting fit... the 4 lost over 80 pounds in 12 weeks... treadmill/weight training 6 times/week, no white food, no food after 7:30 pm. sounds simple enough. But I would be homicidal. Maybe that's one of my best excuses for not staying OP.

TPBM is runner up for drama queen of the week.

Kiwonk
02-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Oh, no doubt true. I do get worked up when DH fools around with the computer trying to get some thingie or other hooked up and unplugs my computer while I'm in the middle of posting to 3fc!!! :lol: But only runner-up drama queen.

I don't think soup for lunch counts as breakfast. It counts as lunch. For me, it will be dinner. I keep making new additions to a soup I made several days ago. I hope it's edible.

DD made us crépes for dinner last night! or is it crèpes? I can't remember my high school French. Anyway they were fantastic. Tender and tasty. MMM We had them with butter and honey, and with jam, but you could have filled them with anything and they would make a great meal.

Oprah is such a :drill:. I read one of her books about fitness. What I remember most is her concept of driving yourself further and further and further. Lord, no wonder she's rich.

TPBM is going out to look at the stars tonight.

Kiwi

SugP
02-20-2005, 05:30 PM
True! I have been out to look at the stars and the almost full moon already. Nice.

I suppose what you have to remember about Oprah is that she's got about 27 people supporting her at all times. Someone to cook her meals (no white food. Heh.), coordinate her fitness wardrobe, get her to the gym on time and to grab the donut out of her hand if need be. And she's also under tremendous pressure to succeed. Do we really want that?

I'm in a suprisingly good mood considering what kind of mood I'm usually in. No drama queen here. I guess I'm just delirious at the thought of not feeling barfy any more. Had a wonderful headache this morning but it disappeared fast.

We love having crèpes (looks right, don't it?) for dinner. Yummmm! But tonight we had home-made sushi and tuna steaks. More yum.

TPBM turned over a new leaf this weekend.

Cowpernia
02-20-2005, 05:39 PM
True. My new leaf is to realize that I have succeed in my goals as a mom and go on to goals about ME.

I gave up white food to Lent. The weight is not rolling off. As Kiwi said, it's hard to get down to that starting weightl

I have a pile of b&w tv shows/movies from the 1950s and I am in Hog Heaven. One Step Beyond,. The Veil. Bulldog Somebody. Most are really wonderful but some are washed out or hae annoying sound.

Re my boss. I went to talk to someone who is kind of "over her" and I feel much betterl. I feel like getting a new better job.

Saw this email sent by someone I know to others I know that meant to say "sorry for the inconvenience." It said "sorry for the incontinence." The sender is too young to know what that word means (really didn't know) and is qutie embarrassed.

TPBM battles ring around the collar (with the laundry of man in house)

Kiwonk
02-21-2005, 11:34 AM
Nicht, nada, I don't even notice those dirty rings! :no:

Help! I've sent my darling baby on her first long solo drive! :stress: Think safe driving thoughts! This is her vacation week and she is going to her music lessons today. She rescheduled them so she could go early in the day and be home before dark, so I let her take the car.

Goodness, I never heard of those TV shows. You mean something actually was before my time?

I'm shopping online for furniture. Do you think they'll be able to email an armoire to me? :dizzy:

TPBM is not wearing a bra.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
02-21-2005, 11:51 AM
False. Although I have the day off, DS has school and I dressed decently to take him and the carpool girl.

I want to hear the personal details of Bagz's life. I won't be so rude as to ask but she should volunteer. She has a more interesting set of facts than I do.

I exercised for a couple of mnutes yesterday. Does anyone else have this thing where they exercise after not doing it for a loong time and all these chemicals get released and make you all relaxed and sleepy? It feel so good. I hated to have to get up and get those kids to school. The other mom went on a retreat.

Also, I think one of should go on Survivor. It should be someone youngish. Or very lovable. I don't think it can be Sweetie Pie because of her little ones. Second choise is Kiwi (cause of her lovely hair) but she'll have to thin down. Did you see all those women jumping off the boat in their dresses which flew up to reveal their undies and fat bellies. Then they have no change of clothes so they're walking around in their undies. Quite not a good look. So let's thin down Kiwi and send her!!! yAY!!!

TPBM want to send Bagz to the Wickedly Perfect show.

Wabby
02-21-2005, 02:38 PM
False. Bagz is too busy to be distracted.

I'm back. It rained the entire trip to AZ. I have various other complaints I'll go into later. No time to get into it now.

If we send Kiwi to Survivor [I]they will slim her right down. No need to do that beforehand.

TPBM preferred Ringo to John.

SugP
02-21-2005, 04:04 PM
False, false, false! No Ringo, no John. Paul is/was still the cutest. I followed a link the other day to a VERY weird web page that stated that Paul had died in 1966 and that they did plastic surgery on some other guy but you could still tell because the ear lobes weren't right. Huh? I do wish people would make better use of their time (she says after doing absolutely nothing all day). P.S. I am not wearing a bra. No one has noticed.

Sounds like your trip wasn't all that fabuloso, Wabby. I'm sure you'll tell us about it once you've dried off. It rains in Arizona? Who knew?

Peachy, now that it's all about YOU, tell us your goals! I need some ideas.

TPBM just bought something at eBay.

Kiwonk
02-21-2005, 06:56 PM
Darn. That's false. Maybe I should!

I'm definitely not going on Survivor. I don't care for eating insects or rats, and I'm allergic to 99% of everything else. On the other hand, if I could go on a reality show that forced me to get thin, that would be okay with me. You know, Peaches, that I would be the "old lady" that everyone hated and probably be voted off at the first opportunity. Not the old lady that everyone loved; I can't pull that off. Of course "old" on that show is anyone over 35. I do know 2 people that would be great on Survivor. The guy who lost 3 fingers and his wife. He actually applied one time, but didn't get in. He knows everything about camping and living off the land and stuff. Plus he's a bit of a dirty old man and enjoys shocking people. And when he goes around in his nasty old Speedo, he does just that. Don't you think he'd be perfect? His wife is the sort of person who ends up preparing and packing and cooking and cleaning up all the food when her dh wants to take a big group of dorky guys on a 10-day canoe trip. And hauling it and paddling a canoe to boot. Everyone would love her and feel guilty about voting her off.

It's dark. I've done nothing useful all day. :bravo: Oh well, I never can function when dh is home from work. All I want to do is hide from the guitar playing.

TPBM is thinking "I do wish Kiwi would stop whining."

Kiwi

Wabby
02-21-2005, 08:41 PM
FALSE! If Kiwi didn't whine, then I'd feel self conscious about whining and then I would have nothing to post about.

Here's the deal - remember when I told you my sis in law and I are the bestest of pals? Well, it's true except when s-i-l has just found a new boyfriend and is in that goofy stage. The one I haven't been in since sophomore year in high school. Between the time she called me when she had just broken up w/ her boyfriend of 3 years, and needed a shoulder to cry on and the time I arrived, a lot had changed. First night she told me I was bunking w/ her since she didn't have a guest bed set up, 2nd night the boyfriend came over and actually asked "so are you girls bunking together?" I took the hint and told her I'd sleep on the couch, except she didn't have a full length couch, so I slept on a chaise-type chair which was too short even for me. Just a pillow and a throw blanket. The next day I decided to take the 3 1/2 hour road trip to visit my parents in Yuma, AZ. So much for the girl week. The final night I spent w/ sil again, and again the boyfriend stayed, so that night I got to sleep in her teenage son's room in the bed that who knows when he'd changed the sheets on. You know the one - the mattress on the floor, with his clothes strung all over the place. I guess I was lucky that he was spending the night at a friend's house. The next morning I drove myself to the airport, turned in my rental car, got on the plane w/ a migraine, and by the time I was home was sick, sick, sick. I had a few scary moments in the terminal after deplaning, because I suddenly became naseous and almost didn't make it to the restroom. That would have really topped off the trip if I'd hurled in the middle of the airport. DH was waiting for me, packed me off to bed where I slept off the headache, then he cooked dinner for me. I have never been so happy to be home. Good moments of the trip - the spa day before the bf showed up, seeing my mom and her adorable cousin, meeting my 11 month old grand niece and her mother. And yes, it pours buckets in Arizona, and it was sunny and warm at home the whole time I was gone.

Kiwonk
02-22-2005, 12:42 AM
Oh, dear, that doesn't sound like the relaxing spa vacation I'd been envisioning. Curses on new boyfriends. Good grief, she's a grownup, she ought to know better -- making the boyfriend wait is part of the fun. Sorry your trip ended with such a crappy trip home too. That's happened to me where you start to wonder if you're going to survive the journey, you feel so bad.

I've followed the Queen of the Beach Challenge for a solid week! That makes a Beer Belly Babe! Woohoo, I'm so proud! The next three weeks the challenge is to follow a diet plan of whatever sort you're on. Well, I'm not on one, so I had to think up something. I've decided to follow the recommendations of some spa I read in a magazine -- your plate has be at least 1/2 vegetables, with no more than a quarter starches and a quarter protein. That's what I'm doing for dinners. And I'm going to eat at least 5 servings of fruit/veggies a day and have breakfast at least 5x a week. And scale back my snacking in the evening (that's the hardest thing for me). Wish me luck.

TPBM is jealous of my beer belly.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
02-22-2005, 11:04 AM
True. I'm jealous of everything you have.

Sugar, I can't tell you my goals. They're the kind that may deflate if exposed to sunlight.
Will be back later. someone came in.

TPBM eats granola.

Kiwonk
02-22-2005, 01:12 PM
False. Mostly I consume coffee.

Gotta go watch tournament basketball tonight. High school b-ball is quite the exciting event hereabouts. Okay, I admit it, I could care less about the game; DD is in the pep band. Her H.S.'s girls' team is in the tournament. They're pretty good, but they are no match for the team that has 2 trees on it. Giant sisters. They aren't even all that good, but they just stand at the basket (or above it) and their teammates pitch the ball toward them, they pitch the ball toward the basket and although their shooting percentage is lousy, they do it so often, they always win. Hopefully our team is not playing that team today.

TPBM is avoiding work.

Kiwi

SugP
02-22-2005, 06:19 PM
False. Avoiding sleep is more like it. It's 11:06 p.m. and I should be in bed. But dh's already in there and if I go up now he'll start getting all romantical and I'm just too d*mn tired. :o I'll wait for the sounds of snoring.

Gawd, Wabby, what a trip! Ucky sleeping arrangements.You poor thing. How much do you want to bet that she'll call you next week and tell you she dumped Mr. Right? I'm so paranoid about barfing that I collect barf bags from airplanes and keep one i my purse at all times. Really.

I understand completely about the goals, Peachy! Sometimes it's better to keep them tucked away.

Kiwi! Everyone on a deserted island would looooooove you because you are adorable and hilarious. And taffy-haired. The image of your few-fingered friend (is that the one named after a bird?) in his Speedo is scaring me. If I wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night I'll know why. :lol:

Yesterday I bought rubber gloves in THIS COLOUR and they are just sooooooooo purdy that they make washing the pots and pans seem like a treat. Sort of.

TPBM ate 5 fruits and vegetables today

Cowpernia
02-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Let's see. Raspberries. Banana. Lettuce. Tomatoes. Broccoli. Yep.

Wabby, once I visited a lovely house in the California desert with my friend and her boyfriend. The host designed some pet care products and had $ and the hostess was a #*^@(. Several people where there but I was the only single person. I went to bed in a bed and was AWAKENED by the &@(@ to say a COUPLE had arrived and I had to give up the bed and sleep on a sofabed. I was AWAKENED later because another couple had arrived. And moved. I have other bad memories of this woman.

TPBM has a bad vacation to share, also.

Wabby
02-22-2005, 07:21 PM
False. Because it's me again, and I'm done w/ grousing about my vacation. Put it behind me and thank heavens I have the life I do. I'd hate to be single. I like being all married and settled down.

Peaches, you won the bad vacation contest. That's terrible. At least nobody woke me up, and it made me so desperate to get out of Phoenix that I finally sort of made up w/ my dad. We didn't so much make up as we just ignored the fact that we hadn't talked to each other for 2 years. And I got to see all 3 of my parents homes in Yuma. They have the one they live in (mobile home), the one they built, didn't like and never moved into, and the one they just had built and they swear they're moving into soon. It's beautiful and all furnished w/ new furniture. We'll see if they actually move into it. I think they enjoy the process of having a house built much more than the living in it.

I bet Bagzie is all aflutter w/ getting her shop ready. Can't wait to see pictures.

TPBM hides the candy bar wrappers to destroy the evidence.

Bagzz
02-22-2005, 10:58 PM
noooooooooo---the wrappers are all over the desk---they once housed oh henry easter eggs {the large size} i ate two in a row and three pans of thin ice cubes. OH MY GAWD!!! this shop reno is killing me!!! on top of all this,it is musical week at the highschool and i promised to help paint the emergency set problems even though both dds have graduated!!! so i paint in the daytime at the school and at night at the market {they won't let you paint in the daytime because of the fumes------} my cousin the woodworker made me two giant cabinets {shelves and cupboards} he also gave me a victorian mantle {that we attached to the wall} we painted the shop quincy tan {darker oatmeal for lush} and i am painting the cupboards a Louisberg green {sage}----i will bore you with more details later but i am soooooooooo tired-----i used to do NO work and lately i work in the day AND night----------i must be crazy----wabby--that trip sounded so annoying----she should have warned you about the bf---maybe you could have treated yourself to a nice hotel room!!!!---the best part was how it made you glad to be home------------LOL sugar about waiting to go up to bed-----------hee hee-------------kiwonk---i was with you praying for the dd's first long trip-------------been there,still there---it's hard but what choice do we have!!!----PEACHERS!!! I WANT TO HEAR YOUR DREAMS =--TAKE THEM OUT OF HIDING!!! painty dear----WORD on the homicidal tendancies----oprah can go stick her boot camp up her BOOTIE. miss you all---be back when the damn place is all put together!!!!!!!!!!!! xxoxoox

Cowpernia
02-23-2005, 10:41 AM
You can't hear my dreams becasue YOU AREN'T PLAYING ThE GAme...

mean old cow

For the last two days, I have blow dried my hair. In the past, I did not because it took forever. Now that I am oooolder, my hair has thinned to a normal amount and I can blow dry it. It looks flat. turns under. I may lke it. Not sure.

I am applying for a new job. Wish me well. Wish me this job or a better job. I am torn because it will inconvenience Ds.

TPBM is disgusted that Peter Jennings is doing a show on UFOs during Sweeps Week.

Wabby
02-23-2005, 02:34 PM
Not true. I don't care what Peter J is doing because I try not to watch network news anymore. It's just too annoying - too much sensationalism and not enough real news. I'd rather read the paper.

Bagzie sounds tired but happy and excited. How fun to be starting a new business. Even our type of business was fun to start up. Fun and scarey too.

Peachers I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed hoping you get the new and hopefully wonderful job.

TPBM flosses religiously.

Kiwonk
02-23-2005, 06:35 PM
True. If by religiously you mean that I keep the dental floss by my chair in the living room and floss during commercials...

Bagz, don't forget us here when you enter the high-flying business world. Sounds like an awful lot of work. And a lot of paint fumes. But I know it will be enchanting when you are done.

Good luck on the job hunt, Cowp. Wish my dh luck too. In fact, the sooner he gets out of the job he's in, the better. The grant that funds his job and many others he works with is running out in June, and the politics and back-stabbing are reaching monumental levels.

Ruthxx ate toads today. I'm reading her journal. I decided to start making entries in my 3fc journal, but to take it private. I mean who would want to read how many glasses of water I drank? Basically that's all I want it for, someplace easy to jot stuff down in.

Peachie, I frequently (not all the time) blowdry my hair. And I have like 2 and a half feet of hair! It is not that difficult! If you want your hair to be less flat, lean over, flip your hair over, and blowdry it that way.

I've seen those purple rubber gloves. Fanceeee. They had them on in a picture of kids doing lab experiments at the website of the summer program DD is applying to. I hope she gets in -- it's at Brown U in R.I., which is a whole lot closer than the other one at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore.

DH is going to the Big City for a sleep study tonight. Hope they can fix his cpap (breathing machine), I think it doesn't fit him right. Would you believe he hasn't had a cigarette in 2 weeks? :yikes:

TPBM hasn't had a cigarette since she was 12.

Kiwi

Bagzz
02-23-2005, 11:44 PM
i was in university and i didn't like the inhaling so i never really started.tbpm should be in BED!

Kiwonk
02-24-2005, 01:25 AM
Hmph. So you say. I say it's only 12:30 and I'm gonna stay up all night if I want to.

The heck with June.

TPBM is wearing a turtleneck.

Kiwi

SugP
02-24-2005, 06:06 AM
False. Turtlenecks choke me. Can't wear 'em. I'm wearing my navy blue cotton zip neck sweater that I ALWAYS wear. It's very plain and boring but soooooo comfortable. People must think I don't have any other clothes.

Well, the parental units are flitting off to Maui for their 45 anniversary. Must be nice! Mummy has started volunteering at a centre for HIV and AIDS sufferers and she said sometimes it's pretty rough going. Yesterday she sat at a man's bedside and held his hand while he died. Yikes. :(

Also, someone on the First Nations reserves in B.C. is poaching bald eagles (endangered, protected species) and most likely selling the talons and tailfeathers to the U.S. Isn't that horrible?

Good plan to have a place to write stuff down, Kiwi! I must start doing that. Makes one so much more accountable. Sometimes I just stuff food in my mouth without even remembering that I've done it.

TPBM has a headache.

Bagzz
02-24-2005, 07:39 AM
that was yesterday---today it is gone !!!do you know that people around here drive their CARS across the ice when the river freezes over!!!nuts.anyway,yesterday someone went through the ice but did manage to get out of the car before is sank-----------they call it the "ice road" and it shortens the distance to the "peninsula"--------it could shorten the distance to heaven as well {or the OTHER destination}----------i have never driven on the ice road---do they have these in Kiwiland?????----------heading back up to the market this morning--------still lots of "reno" work---trying to backlight a giant window to display the stained glass---can't wait til it's done and i can sit and read magazines and pray for tourists to arrive!! TPBM is jealous because Peaches can blow dry her hair.

Wabby
02-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Not jealous at all - I've always blow dried my hair because it's always been fine and thin. I may be jealous that she had so much hair she couldn't blow it dry.

Sugar, that's wonderful that your mom is volunteering - my parents seem to keep busy w/ busy-ness. I'm sure it is rough going sometimes, but it's such important work, you must be proud of her.

For the record - I haven't seen any bald eagle feathers or talons here in the states. I think the Canadians are keeping them all to themselves.

Bagzie, I've seen tv shows about the ice roads the truckers take in the far north. Scarey, but at least they have ppl monitoring the ice. What ppl will do to save a few minutes.

Hard to believe that it's frozen any where in the world today - it's sunny and supposed to be in the lower 60's farenheit. Plum trees are already blooming out all pink and pretty. We're about a month early this year.

TPBM would kill for a maple bar about now. (I would)

Kiwonk
02-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Oh, isn't that the truth? MMMM maple bar. maple anything.

Mummy has started volunteering at a centre for HIV and AIDS sufferers and she said sometimes it's pretty rough going. Your mom is a saint; that sounds so hard....poaching bald eagles (endangered, protected species) and most likely selling the talons and tailfeathers to the U.S. Isn't that horrible?That's insane! What kind of monsters would be willing to buy such things, let alone kill the eagles? I saw a bald eagle while I was driving into town the other day. I can't imagine how anyone could even contemplate aiming a gun at one, it's incomprehensible. Sometimes I just stuff food in my mouth without even remembering that I've done it.Isn't that the truth? I have a hard time remembering what I eat a few hours earlier.

Hard to believe that it's frozen any where in the world today - it's sunny and supposed to be in the lower 60's farenheit. Plum trees are already blooming out all pink and pretty. Hmph. It's really beautiful here today too. If you like white.
}----------i have never driven on the ice road---do they have these in Kiwiland?????----------Not exactly. There is a lot of driving on the lakes around here, but I don't think anyone drives across the rivers regularly. There are a lot dams around here and the ice near a dam shifts too much to be reliable. Every lake, though, has ice shacks on them and people definitely drive out to fish. They snowmobile on the lakes all the time (and someone always falls in toward spring). They have warnings about the ice in the local papers when things aren't safe enough to drive. I think I've only been out on the ice in a truck once. Not exactly in my comfort zone (I waren't born hereabouts, y'know).

DD is going to be nagging at me very shortly about going skiing with her. Somehow I'm going to have to blast myself out of the house.

TPBM is about to jump out of her chair and do some jumping jacks.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
02-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Fasle. What's a maple bar?

I signed DS up for a trip to Europe in the summer. Now, the dates have changed from June to July and the price is $250 more and I don't know why.

I have other petty annoyances but mostly I don't have a life. I need a little shop in a lovely maritime province.

That's all I have to say. If I say more, Bagz may learn my secrets.

TPBM loves the book "Goodnight Moon."

Kiwonk
02-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Hey, we posted together! So I will answer both TPBMs. False and true. Or true and false. Not necessarily in that order.

TPBM is procrastinating.

kiwi

Cowpernia
02-24-2005, 03:42 PM
Undecided. I don't have anything to do but if I did I might put it off.

In fact, I might put off this post.

I saw this joke today that was long so I will shorten it for you.

God made all these healthful things for us to eat so we can be healthy.

Then Satan invented fast food restaurants and we got heart troubles.

God invented triple bypass surgery to save us.

Then Satan invented HMOs.

TPBM wanted to be Sandra Dee. ( I wore the same lipstick as her. Pink Vanilla.)

Kiwonk
02-24-2005, 07:11 PM
False. I wanted to be Cybill Shepherd.

I utterly failed to actually go skiing. We went out, I strapped on the skis, we started down the trail, and I realized that my skis had absolutely NO WAX on them. I let DD go on and I went home and sulked.

TPBM is growing things in her basement.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
02-24-2005, 11:27 PM
False. Texas doesn't HAVE basements. I am growing "things" in pots outside and in the vegetable bin. Guess which ones are on purpose.

Kiwi, I like your camellia avatar.
Baggz... thanks for cluing me in on the colors of your shop. PLEASE POST PHOTOS. I'd love to have an antique victorian mantle emailed to me... what do you think?

One of the new journal posters said she was breaking up with FRED: Food Related Eating Drama. I think I'll do the same.

I've abstained from eating after 8 pm for 3 whole nights.... Felt better each morning. Also exercised a few minutes (... hey, it's a start) each day...)

If you didn't see it, I put up a newsletter at my website (http://www.danaswhitney.com).... all about CONTROL... I can preach real good.. it's taking my advice that's tricky.
Oh, and finished reading Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime... and just started Little People.... both are great.
Off to see if my paints are moldy.
ciao.

Cowpernia
02-25-2005, 11:17 AM
False.

I read the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. I liked it.

I need advice here.

I may have said this yesterday but I don't recall any good advice. I signed DS up for a trip to Europe with one of the best teachers at his school. I had to pay for it, of course. DS also has applied for a summer program that he NEEDS to go to if he gets it. It's free, 6 weeks, prestigious to the extreme. Won't know if he gets that for a while.

The Europe trip was in June and it worked out perfectly on our calendar. Now, the teacher ... without telling ME ... changed it to July. We can not get a full refund. He can change it without 60 days but we can't get money back. In fact, he changed it to a time that's more expensive to fly and it's $250 more.

I don't want to call the teacher and yell. What other option do I have?

TPBM reads the comics first in the paper.

PainterWoman
02-25-2005, 12:41 PM
True. I read the comics first, especially Rose is Rose. Unless DH has it because of movie listings.

What's the matter with expressing your frustration to the person who didn't consult? Regrettably, only you can decide what to do about it. i.e., Whine to YOUR travel agent/airline and see if they are hard up enough to split the difference. See if Ex-git (or whoever) will split the new cost. Tell DS that he needs to earn the difference. What I'm reading between the lines is that you think YOU have to take the whole "hit" or burden for other people's lack of consideration. While that IS a choice (and might involve the least confrontation with other people), it is also probably the choice that stands up the least for you, yourself.

Of course, one might even re-calculate the degree of "need" to do both trips. I'm sure there is no fatality involved if DS has to sit one out....
(But as one good mother to another, I sure know how cr***y it feels to not give our kids every imaginable treat and advantage!!)

TPBM woke up with a sugar hangover.

Cowpernia
02-25-2005, 12:59 PM
No, I gave up sugar.

Painty, I'm feeling a little touchy but I must say that raising my son on my own with no money I don't feel I can be accused of giving him every imaginable treat and advantage. There are many things he has not had and does not have that his peers do.

TPBM hates squirreeeels.

Kiwonk
02-25-2005, 01:29 PM
False. Squirrels are cute. My stepfather used to catch them in humane traps and then gas them. Isn't that cute?

Awesome website, Painty. How'd you get that flash page done? Haven't read your article yet, but will. Thank you for the compliment on my avatar. Did you notice the giant bee on top of the flower? :s:

Peachie dear, You have every right to scream long and loud about this. However I understand your not wanting to do quite that.... If you as a travel package purchaser had tried to change the date, you would have incurred a giant penalty. In this case, the teacher is not only expecting the students to pay that penalty through no choice of their own, but also to change their plans without consulting them first. Do you feel lucky? Maybe you could go to the teacher and insist that he try to find another student to take DS's place. In the meanwhile, should the scholarship program come through, it would surely be worth it pay a cancellation penalty on the trip, and if not, presumably DS could still go on the trip. I think if you lay your cards on the table and make it clear with the teacher that he's put you and DS in a very bad position, he will try to work with you. Hopefully.

We are working on summer stuff too. We had no more than 10 days to get all info in for this Brown summer program and it looked impossible. We got the postcard a little over a week ago and DD looked into and loved it, but we didn't think we could get a teacher recommendation and school transcripts at all this week -- it's school vacation! But it looks like it will work out by faxing it all on Monday. DD's giving up her week at guitar camp to go to this. Personally I wouldn't mind letting her go to that too, but she doesn't want to do both. I guess she's planning to do some guitar teaching in town during the summer.

Anyhoo I hope everyone's plans work out.

TPBM is looking out the window at a beautiful sunny day.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
02-25-2005, 01:38 PM
True, I am looking at the damned squirrel in my bird feeder.

I have called the tour company and a sweet girl who giggled at my annoyance said she will try to find a way to refund all our money. I will hear from her today or Monday, she said.

TPBM takes vitamins dailys.

Bagzz
02-25-2005, 09:18 PM
flinstones vitamins if i remember to take ds's.PEACHBAT!!!! you can complain all you want---remember what james taylor sings----'the squeaky wheel gets the grease'----love that man----------------the "shop" which looked kind of dumpy is starting to look alot better---i will post some pics when i get "organized"---haahah---that could be NEVER...but i would like you to see it so i will try.kiwonk----let's find a way to send wabby some of this FROZEN wasteland we call "home" through the mail----------BLOOMING PLUM TREES-----EFF EFFF EFFFFF!!!!!!tbpm has pms.

PainterWoman
02-25-2005, 11:08 PM
I clap for fairies....
And I applaud Cowie's discussion with travel people... and will clap in hope of a happy resolution.

Kiwi... I have no idea how the Flash stuff was done. A friend of a friend wanted to have a "sample" of his work on the net... so I paid him a pittance and that's what he came up with (the whole site... I wrote the content)... We did have a minor fracas over some fall leaves he put with the rolling star but he got rid of those so it doesn't look like Autumn Leaves at Easter.

Squirrels are rats in fur coats. Lots of people in this neighborhood have traps out... I'm not sure if they think squirrels are that dense, or if they are hunting something more mysterious.... Crazed badgers, maybe?

TPBM is contemplating a moonlight swim.

Cowpernia
02-26-2005, 12:21 AM
False.

Painty I would reply to your personal message if my computer would respond to commands but it won't. Too slow. I didn't even see a place to respond.

I know that you are strong enough to take my bad mood so I will continue. Whatever your life experiences have been, I'm not relating to them. You have set no example for me. I have a differently viewpoint, philososphy, value system, and I'm not in the mood to hear how you did things differnetly and better.

I am letting my hair grow long. Soon I shall look like Mary Steengartner or whatever. That woman on Joan of Arcadia.

TPBM thinks John Waybe was a good actor.

Kiwonk
02-26-2005, 02:04 PM
John Wayne? Not particularly. Not even John Waybe.

I'm glad you may get this trip thing squared away, Peach. All this stuff costs too much as it is without them making it worse. Good grief I hate having to pinch pennies. Back before the paper mill trashed our entire region by mismanaging itself into bankruptcy, we could be conservative with our money and still be able to say yes to most of what we wanted. Times have changed and they suck. I think I'll start talking about "the good old days" and see who tells me to stick it. :lol:

Bagz takes Flintstone vitamins. That's cute. Back in the good old days, we used to have Flintstone vitamins. Nowadays we have to eat roots and berries.

Speaking of pms, I think I'm skipping that this month. hmmm. Back in the good old days, I would have worried I was pregnant. Nowadays it just makes me think "old" thoughts.

You're enjoying this, right? :nose:

There are 3 teenagers in my kitchen cooking a pizza. They went cross-country skiing. It is absolutely gorgeous out, the sun is bright and the ceiling is dripping. Back in the good old days we could afford to go downhill skiing, nowadays we have to ski on flat surfaces.

Bushism of the day: "I've coined new words, like, misunderstanding and Hispanically." 3/29/01

TPBM is saying "doofus" but could be referring to anyone...

Kiwi

Cowpernia
02-26-2005, 07:07 PM
False. My immediate thought is always "Idiot." Doofus sounds like Homer Simpson.

The trip thing is not quite ironed out but the young lady at the agency and the teacher both say they'll try to get a full refund. Should know Monday. Thennnnn, DS and I can take our own vacation. We could go anywhere. I'd love to go to London but am thinking of California or Paris. I speak not a syllable of French. But I would love to take this last summer with my kid and go something grand.

My events of the day:
1. Yelled at Ds for no reason. He left the house walking. Don't know where he meant to go.
2. Picked him up in the car and continued on to gym where we worked out.
3. Ate lunch at Chinese restaurant that I found nauseating. Smelled like food and disinfectant mixed. I did not mention this to DS. Just wasn't hungry.
4. Went to Civil War reenactment at Duck Hudda Pond.
5. Came home and dyed hair. Ate sausage and cheese and Pepsi One.

How do restaurants get jello to be so rubbery?

TPBM thinks "sneeze guards" are a big joke.

Bagzz
02-26-2005, 10:35 PM
went to a seaside village and bought 1100 dollars worth of silver/copper earrings to sell at the shop.these artists are married and both very nice looking----he is especially gorgeous---they live in a three story house that they built themselves,they have amazing architechtural details----they incorporated "salvaged" items from old houses that are spectacular---church windows,tin ceiling tiles,doors,---there was light everywhere and all the windows had a view of the Bay of Fundy--------------shockingly beautiful===most gorgeous house i have ever actually been in----------------tomorrow,going to a village by the river to pick up pottery order-----------TIRED. XOXOXO----LOVED HEARING ABOUT THE DUCK HUDDA POND--------AND WORD TO KIWI ON THE CHEAPER VERSION OF SKIING!!! AHAHA :lol:

Kiwonk
02-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Since Bagzie is too busy to play, I will. True, sneeze guards are a big joke. Not only do they not require even a high school education to be a sneeze guard, the "training" consists of 3 hours in a room with a box of Kleenex™. And the hours! They actually expect a sneeze guard to stand at attention without moving throughout the entire lunch and dinner hours while at the same time keeping a close watch on every patron! I believe they allow them a short break in the middle of the shift, but really, I personally don't think a sneeze guard can do an effective job unless they are able to get periodic rest times. We're talking about public health here! It's nothing to sneeze at!

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

My my, Cowp, you had an eventful day. Civil war re-enactment, hair dying and Chinese food? How eclectic! Did you really get jello at a Chinese restaurant? No wonder the food smelled like disinfectant. I'm pretty sure rubbery jello is made by cutting down on the water so that it will hold its shape and then leaving it out for a semester.

I'm in awe of what you're doing, Bagz. Sounds fascinating! Did you have to get a loan to get this shop started? Oh, I suppose that's a personal question, but what do I know about tact? It just seems so, I don't know, intimidating, to be purchasing all this inventory. And very exciting at the same time. This is going to be a great adventure for you!! When can I go on a jewelry buying trip with you?

TPBM doesn't look up because of the cobwebs.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
02-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Fasle. However, I do not glance behind furniture.

DS and I went to a new church today. Because of Muffie's accusations, I can not describe it much except that it lasted 2 hours and 15 minutes and was God-based. Most churches I've been at lately hvae been Bush-based. Republican or ****. I liked this one. DS thought it was loud. He was keen hearing.

I am hereby apologizing for lashing out at Painty. On looking back, it was the statement about giving kids treats and such that got me. It was one of those "it's ok to criticize me but leave me kid out of it" deals.

TPBM does regular volunteer service.

SugP
02-27-2005, 05:33 PM
True. Every Tuesday morning with hoardes of other people's undeserving children.

One of my babies is going to be 12 tomorrow. He can hardly wait to get up at 6 a.m. to start playing his Game Cube Godzilla game becaus that is what 12 yr olds do, I've been told. He got his first pimple last week. Puberty here we come. He's got the eye-rolling down pat already. Other darling was in bed all weekend with a fever. He's just a little bit of thing so I'm always afraid of him wasting away to nothing but he's on the mend.

Church sounds good, Peachy. Are you allowed to describe the snacks? God-based sounds MUCH better than Bush-based. When Dubya came over here they made people stay home and draw their blinds. No one was allowed to wave or look out a window.

Must go wrap gifts and be generally busy.

TPBM went for a long walk in the freezing cold/balmy spring weather today.

PainterWoman
02-27-2005, 08:51 PM
False. Schlepped around grocery store and vacuumed up dead Valentine roses that cat had scattered. Enjoyed tormenting same cat with new lazer pointer toy. It is the best investment I've made in quite a while. I have no idea WHAT I would chase with that much fervor. Sacher Torte?

I apologize to Cowie for spewing unsolicited remarks (even though NOT Bush based)-- although that sort of seems the point of the forums.... I'm going to watch the oscars. I've done nothing that required a brain all day, and am not about to start now.

Cowpernia
02-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Ok, Painty accepts my apology and I accept hers. You know if this involved Bagz it would be somuch easier. Bagz laughs off criticism. I could tell her to blow it out her shorts (her line) and all would be fine.

Painty, when I was younger and collected self-help books, they talked about compliments that involve "but." I like your dress but ... lets you know something bad about the dress is coming. I'm just kindly questioning your use of "although." I apologize although .. sorts of says "I apologize though I am right anyway." Just pointing it out for your analysis which I truly enjoy if not about my loved ones.

Sugar, some of the babies had cookies. No snancks for me.

TPBM trims her toenails on a scheduled basis.

Bagzz
02-27-2005, 09:53 PM
GROSSSSSSSSS----i hate talking about toe nails------i refuse to answer---i do cut my fingernails sometimes. OKAY----painty and peachers!!! your sparring has been enjoyable but let's talk about ME now,okay!!!!!!hehahehahehahhs hhs hhs hhs----------KIWONK!!!--- I HAVE A LINE OF CREDIT!!!! so you guessed it---i borrowed the cash!!!! crazy i know!!!---we did put up some of our money but the line is doing all the work right now----the thing about the shop ====it is in a great location=---i would never open a shop anywhere but the market---it has guaranteed tourist traffic---we get nearly a hundred thousand tourists between may and october from the cruise ships and they ALWAYS send the passengers to the City Market----it is a ZOO on cruise days!!! christmas is good too----you basically have to rely on those two seasons-----SO THE AMERICANS ARE COMING AND I WILL BE READY WITH AMERICAN CASH FOR CHANGE AND A GREAT EXCHANGE RATE!!!!----most of them are from Boston or New York where most of the tours originate----it's fun talking to them---one lady said to me "do yas all have Hallowe'en up heah??" she was actually from one of the Carolinas.Fun! today we got two pottery orders in-----i am too tired to run a website too,so i will take some pics of some of the products and send them to you so you can see what i am selling-------------------tiredddddddddddd-----night night ,don't fight.TPBM HAS A FAT ARSE.

Cowpernia
02-28-2005, 12:56 PM
True. Shut up.

Everyone go look at DS's latest cartoon. It's number 11. I like it.

put mouse here and click (http://www.tuahan.com)

Sugar, just the other day, your boys were toddlers. Do they speak English with a Canadian accent and German with a German one? That is so amazing. I can speak Carolinian. Sort of. Wonderful that Bagz enjoys all those Americans. Are you putting a picture of Bush next to the queen?

TPBM has an apron gut.

Wabby
02-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Nope. Had it surgically removed, remember?

Hmmmmm. Everyone is so testy. Must be spring fever. Heee.

Bagzie, I can't wait to see your pictures. Buying inventory is scary, but that's what you do if you want to make the big $$$$$'s. If I actually thought about how much we are indebted for every time we order materials for a big job I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. Oh yeah. I do have a hard time sleeping at night. Well, you know what I mean. You start to think of it as monopoly money after awhile. Your kind of business is so creative, though. Sometimes I wish I had enough nerve to open some kind of garden/gift/floral/tea&desserts kind of shop. Maybe in my 2nd life when I retire from this place.

Sugar, welcome to teenage parenting. You know, you never get over worrying, no matter how old they get. DS has had a terrible virus for 7 days now. High fever, vomiting, white blood cell count way up, sick, sick, sick. He has done nothing but sleep and go to the Dr. for the last week. He's skinny anyway, but he's lost another 10 pounds. Wish I could do something for him. He's not even interested in chicken soup. :(

Bagzie, I know you'll want to slap me for this, but yesterday I spent working in the yard, without a jacket!!! and it actually was too warm! I pruned roses and pulled weeds. The weeds are growing like crazy.

TPBM has gained weight, not lost it in the last month.

Cowpernia
02-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Fasle, stayed the same.

Kiwi, email me. I'm at work. I will keep your email addy here this time. I promise. Maybe. Want to send you a link about college visits.

I also am not wearing a jacket. The wind messed up my hair though. I love my hair. It's still so big and fluffy.

TPBM is afraid of frogs.

Kiwonk
02-28-2005, 07:50 PM
False. I have no opinion of frogs. I'm afraid of bats.

KIWONK!!!--- I HAVE A LINE OF CREDIT!!!! so you guessed it---i borrowed the cash!!!! crazy i knowOn the contrary, it sounds like the smart thing to do! Seems like credit is the right way to go on new inventory, although I've never gone into business so what do I know?

Wabby and Sugar! Sick boys must get better soon! Poor babies, no matter the age, I agree, how could you stop worrying?

Gotta go make mashed potatoes.

Hey, guess what? I went snowshoeing yesterday! Only about 30 minutes or so, but it was strenuous. Was really cold and windy outside, but I was sweating rawther.

Congrats on your new teenboy, Sug.

TPBM got up too early today.

Kiwi

SugP
03-01-2005, 06:56 AM
True! 6:30 a.m. is just not my cup of tea. I don't really wake up until around 10.

ds8 is still a bit sick and will probably miss the field trip tomorrow. It's a good one too. Darn. I went to see his teacher today to pick up some homework and she said 7 other kids from his class are sick and there are 15 little nippers AWOL in the other class that's supposed to go but they can't cancel it. Excellent.

Wabby, whatever your ds has sounds just awful. Poor boy.

Bagzie! Knowing your impeccable taste I'm sure you've chosen only the most beautiful merchandise for your store and you'll be selling out in no time. Those tourists will keep coming back for more. Those kinds of markets are such a magnet. There are always people there with cash to spare.

Way to go on the snowshoeing, Kiwi! I miss cross-country skiing so much.
Peachy, I'm so glad that you and Painty are pals again. My kids speak English with a Canadian accent mixed with a tiny German accent and German with regular German accent.

I always wanted to be Jaqueline Smith in the white bikini. Fat chance.

Bagzz
03-01-2005, 08:31 AM
TBABOVEm is a SWEEEEEEEEETheart!!glad to hear your baby is on the mend-----looking back i didnt' realize that wabby's boy was ill---------it will NEVER matter how old they are ----we will always be frantic when our babies are not well!!!! hope both boys recover soon!!!!---- be happy you are not in the middle of a giant BLIZZARD like we are today!!!!!!!the snow is blowing everywhere and you can barely see in front of you----AND GUESS WHO IS IN TOWN TONIGHT?????------------KALAN PORTER------------ I HAVE HAD THESE TICKETS FOR THREE MONTHS---AND THERE IS A BLIZZARD????????-----------------i haven't heard if he made it into town or not-whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Wabby
03-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Bagzie, that would be a tragedy if you miss your date w/ Kalan tonight.

I don't know what's with me lately. I've been in the doldrums ever since my disasterous trip to the sil's. I really hate it when I get this way. Everything takes so much effort - like moving thru quicksand. ick. And by the way, Painty (and the rest of you bats) you can give me any advice you'd like to - believe me I can use it.

DS is a teensy bit better today. He's sitting up and taking nourishment. And playing video games - a sure sign the kid's on the mend. Sorry ds8 had to miss his field trip, Sugar.

Ok. I'm going to try and be productive.

Kiwonk
03-01-2005, 02:26 PM
That's so mean, not postponing a field trip when so many kids are sick. Bureaucracies can't make sensible decisions. Like here today: because of the weather forecast, they cancelled school here. However there has so far been only a couple of inches of snow and we've sent kids to school in far worse snowstorms. Normally I wouldn't care if they had a snow day, but this was going to be DD's show choir's last chance to rehearse before their competition tomorrow, and judging from yesterday, they really needed it. Only DD and 2 others were in full costume yesterday and there were parts the kids obviously didn't have down pat either. They don't allow any after school activities on snow days regardless of the weather, so they're out of luck. Maybe the real blizzard will be tomorrow and they will postpone the competition.

And speaking of bureaucracy, here is today's Bushism, which I can only surmise is from the Dubya Butchered Version of the bible:
We must all hear the universal call to like your neighbor just like you like to be liked yourself.__Quote from the Financial Times; January 14, 2000
Just for comparison, see Mark 12:31 and Matthew 7:12.

How horrible that this blizzard might interfere with Love of Kalan day! I have my fingers crossed for you.

Wabby, I feel the exact same way, like I am paralyzed and unable to accomplish anything. When I finally get off my butt and try to do something, I just look around and get all overwhelmed and completely forget what I really wanted to accomplish. I've been feeling this way for months. I think it's my messed up sleep schedule. I should hire someone to stay with me and make me get up early and exercise and eat regular meals and go to sleep at night. Anyone want the job?

DD is looking for a prom dress. She is bargain hunting online. Hasn't tried anything on yet. We are 75 miles from the nearest prom dress store. I told her I'd take $100 out of my personal stash for it and we could negotiate anything more than that.

TPBM has been wondering when someone will come up with another TPBM thingie.

Kiwi

SugP
03-01-2005, 05:16 PM
True! And I forgot to do one in my last post. Bad me.

Wabby, I feel the exact same way, like I am paralyzed and unable to accomplish anything. When I finally get off my butt and try to do something, I just look around and get all overwhelmed and completely forget what I really wanted to accomplish. I've been feeling this way for months. I think it's my messed up sleep schedule.TPBM has been wondering when someone will come up with another TPBM thingie.
Kiwi

WORD on that, Kiwi! I've been postively catatonic lately. Major sleep and energy problems. The place is just a pit and I don't really care and have no idea what needs to be done or what I should do first. Nice feeling. Do you think it'll go away soon? I've heard February makes people feel this way. Ugh. We need a life coach. Anyone? Anyone? Painty? Bueller?

Ds' teacher said she would have liked to postpone the field trip 'cause she's feeling somewhat barfy herself, but it's some special thing that's only on tomorrow so the kids who aren't ill will go anyway.

10:16 p.m. Going to bed at a decent hour for a change. See yas!

TPBM would use a snow mobile to get to Kalan if she had to.

Cowpernia
03-01-2005, 05:48 PM
False. I would use a snow mobile to ..... I dunno what they're for.

My ISP has decided to cut out alllll spam. He is doing it by cutting out allll email. Only people I email may email me. I may create an email or reply to an old one. New ones won't come through. There's supposed to be a place to go look at the ones that are stuck and save them but I can't find it.

I am also catatonic about cleaning but that's a lifelong problem.

TPBM will send me email and see what happens.

Wabby
03-01-2005, 08:13 PM
False, because I seem to have lost email addresses when I moved to my new ISP. Please feel free to send me a message thru 3fatchicks w/ your email address and I will respond.

House stuff is the only thing I've been getting done. I painted the guest room and I'm waiting for DH to paint the ceiling in our bedroom so that I can paint the walls. If he doesn't get it done this week I'm doing it myself even though painting overhead just kills me. I have no problem w/ painting the walls myself, even though in my present state I have to take breaks to stare out the window occasionally and sigh lots and lots. And I think this is what is messing up my sleep schedule, not the other way around. I wake up at 3 am a lot and toss and turn. I also have been having yucky dreams. Maybe it's the paint fumes. :dizzy:

TPBM eats dinner out at least 2x's a week. (why do all my tpbm's refer to food?)

Cowpernia
03-01-2005, 10:48 PM
True. After working all day, it's easy to stop at a restaurant if DS is with me.

Wabbo you're getting a ton done. How do you do that?

I'm going to look for email addresses. Had popcorn and popsicles for dinner. Really. With Pepsi One. See why I eat out. Ds had steak.

TPBM looks up old boyfriends on google.

Bagzz
03-02-2005, 12:00 AM
NUH-UH!!! I look up my NEW boyfriend on the internet----------KALANNNNNNNNNNN was wonderful----he is such a fantastic violin player as well as singer----he played "devil went down to Georgia" FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he played for nearly two hours and i even put up with the screaming boppers---------at the end,Kalan came to the edge of the stage and was tossing out drum sticks=========we were in the third row and he looked directly at my nieces and tossed one out--------A SEVENTY YEAR OLD GRANNY IN THE SECOND ROW---LEAPT UP AND GRABBED IT AWAY FROM THE GIRLS!!!!! SHE HANDED IT TO HER MOTHER------AND MOTHER GRANNY SAID TO THE GIRLS {AND BY THE WAY SHE WAS GLARING AT THEM EVERY TIME THEY SCREAMED!!!} " YOU WILL HAVE MORE CHANCES AT THIS---THIS COULD BE MY LAST CHANCE!!!} SHOCKING AND ULTIMATELY HILARIOUS!!!!! WHAT BATS!!!! anyway----i still lurrrrrrrrrrrve Kalan!!! xoxoxox hope i didn't jam up your emails with his pics!!!! xoxoxo

SugP
03-02-2005, 06:52 AM
Looking up old boyfriends on Google is a BAD idea. And a GOOD idea. 'Nuff said. :o

Peachy, that spam thingie is scary - they just asked me to verify that my mail to you came from a human or something. We have a spam filter on our server web site that I can set to whatever level I want. It's lets through tons of spam even if it's on high but it catches FlyLady and other important messages. Go figure. Death to spam.

Home alone with a little kid today who should be all better by tomorrow. I have a ton to do and haven't done any of it. It's March, why is it still snowing? :coffee:

TPBM has actually accomplished something today.

Cowpernia
03-02-2005, 10:52 AM
False. I woke up at 5 a.m. and now am sleepy at 8:49.

It is not snowing. You are all hallucinating.

Should I send you the website? It's not an old boyfriend but a buddy of the old boyfriend. Not a person I really knew. I didn't know, for example, that he had a personality.

I think Popcorn, Popsickles and sodaPop make a good dinner. If only I didn't have a kid to set an example for. Popsicles have few calories. Popcorn is fiber.

TPBM once dated a man who wore a headband.

Wabby
03-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Nope not me. I did however, date a man who used to have hair.

I have spring garden plans - I have metal arbor that we were going to get a cool iron fence to match, but I've decided it's too expensive if we aren't sure we are going to stay at our house --- so I've decided to just put a picket fence on either side of the arbor painted to match my house. I'm also putting in dripper watering systems in all my pots and planters w/ a timer so I don't have to spend all my time dragging a hose around. Those are my 2 big plans - and also to build another gravel path between a flower bed and the lawn. I'm tired of plants growing out into the grass and that will solve the problem. I'm going to redo part of the perimeter of my pond that I'm not quite happy with too. I wish I didn't have to work - it cuts down on my garden puttering. My lil sister has moved into a new house w/ a teeny yard. She's redoing the entire garden this year. Her yard is equivalent to my pond and patio area. Now that size I could keep maintained. I think I'm getting spring fever.

Bagzie! that's so funny about the little old lady grabbing the drumsticks away from your DD's! Look what you have to look forward to in 30 or 40 years! Still lusting after teen idols----hee.

Peach, I'm confused. about the boyfriend. about the friend of the boyfriend. about the website. I missed something. I need further explanation.

I agree about the snow hallucinations. It can't possibly be snowing anywhere in the world today.

TPBM has painted toenails.

Cowpernia
03-02-2005, 02:20 PM
No way jose

I didn't get that it was the Bazettes who lost the drumsticks!! Their mama did not engage in a fight to get them back???? We Americans would.

Wabbina, you didn't miss anything. I had a bf who was in a group with another guy who now has a website. The bf was a person without a soul and his friend was someone I really didn't know. Boring, all of it.

I am eating salads and not bread. I am not eating junk food. Why am I not losing weight? Whyyy whyyyy whyywywywywyw?

TPBM knows that the US is more culturally divergent than Canada.

Kiwonk
03-03-2005, 09:13 AM
Um, true? Will this be on the test?

I want to hear about dopy old bf. Or did I already? I remember a musician's website I went to before. Doesn't everybody look up everyone they have ever known on the internet? I looked up a guy I went out with a long time ago and discovered that the extremely cool and cute music store clerk/rock band guitarist had become a respectable lawyer. Just like in the movies. Probably has 2.3 kids.

God I'm tired. Spent all afternoon and evening yesterday being a music booster. We hosted the vocal jazz festival for the district at the high school. I did a lot of standing around. Then running back and forth to the auditorium to catch Dd's performances. The show choir did Billy Joel songs. The kids all dressed up as pop icons from the 80s. DD was dressed like Cindy Lauper. Very funny.

Gosh Wab, I think you might be right about the spring fever. Sounds like a case of Garden Megalomania. Can only be cured by numerous trips to the local nursery and garden shop.

I am eating salads and not bread. I am not eating junk food. Why am I not losing weight? Whyyy whyyyy whyywywywywyw?I thought you were subsisting on sodapop, popsicles and popcorn. Make up your mind.

I'm so glad that the Kalan Koncert was not Kancelled due to the hallucinatory snow. And the old lady should be ashamed of herself. Did she throw her granny panties up on stage too?

TPBM can't decide between tweezing, waxing, bleaching and nair.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Eyebrows. Waxing. Can't find time.

The Pop diet is dinner. Salads for lunch. Today, I am having a big plate from the Ali Baba Restaurant. Yummmo. I can't remember the names of the food but it's delish.

Kiwi, I will send the website regarding the friend of the horrid old bf.

Pop icons from the 80's? There was something in the New Yorker about a class that was assigned to write as though they were someone from history. This kid, 8th grade, wrote about living in 1994 with no cell phone.

I have a headache. I lost a pound. It all balances out.

Here's a secret. shhh. I might meet Wabbo.

TPBM wants to meet Wabbo, too. Or is Wabbo and wants to meet somebody else in addition to me.

Kiwonk
03-03-2005, 05:28 PM
True. The first one.

I really thought I would be the first to connect with our West Coast contingent because I have these real life friends who moved out there, but I also thought I would be able to take a vacation some day without it being planned by someone else. I can barely remember the last time I, or we as a family, took a vacation that wasn't dictated by outside forces. I guess last year when we went to NYC qualifies, even though it was mostly driven by the friends we met there. This year, we will do these vacations:
College tour
Quick but expensive trip to Charleston for my nephew's wedding
my family's beach trip--every year I wonder if we will join them and we always do
probably a sailing trip or 2 mostly planned by sailing buddies
more college tours

Heck, we can't afford those, how will I ever get to Oregon??? Is there a pout smiley? Oh, yeah, I have a pouting photo here somewhere. Like right here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18446)

TPBM also likes to pout.

Kiwi

Wabby
03-03-2005, 07:34 PM
False -- I'm not pouting. And true and false on the one before. I would be thrilled to host the west coast cow conference, but I would also be thrilled to host the Peach/Wabbit conference too. Peach, you will be the most traveled cow in the herd. That would only leave Sugar and Painty, right? Maybe Sugar can visit her parental units at the same time and we could meet her somewhere in the middle. Maybe you could be a sub player at Bunco! I could set you up on a blind date w/ Elvis (just kidding)!!!! Is DS coming too? When do you think this will happen???!!! :cb:

TPBM has already met the Peach!!

Kiwonk
03-04-2005, 09:32 AM
True!

I'm on the 'puter early again. Let the inboxes beware.

Going on a bus trip with the kiddies again. This time it's 2 buses, band and chorus, all the way to Greenville, which is a lovely little community even more remote than my own. The word is that they have the best high school auditorium in the state. Can you just imagine my excitement.

TPBM is a vewy vewy excited wittle wabbit.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-04-2005, 11:09 AM
False. I am Elmerette Fudd.

Wabby, the goal of the trip is to visit my friend and her DS in the San Francisco Bay Area. My DS is coming with me. I'd like to show him some great stuff like the Avenue of the Giants and Chinatown and Berkeley and I don't know what else. I don't want to spend all the time with her ... because ... we will get on each other's nerves. Do you remember years ago they came to visit us and she made her DS brush his teeth after breakfast? He complained that my DS didn't have to and she said, "HE won't have any teeth by the time he's 21." Stuff like that. Really irritating. But I love her and she's the closest thing to a sister I have. So .. my plan is to fly somewhere else and see some stuff with just my DS before we go to her house. Any ideas? I am looking for suggestions.

TPBM has a solution for my dry skin.

PainterWoman
03-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Here's a list of things therapists are not supposed to do that I've been doing-- and not only with clients, but the whole @#$%ing world:

being overprotective
treating others in benign ways (read "ineffectual")
rejecting others
needing constant reinforcement and approval
seeing themselves in others
developing sexual or romantic feelings for others.. (oh. well there's one that hasn't been happening. Watching enough M. Jackson on Court TV to prevent that! :lol:
desiring social relationships with clients
giving advice compulsively

My solution just now is to eat well, play hard, exercise and remember that I DO NOT 'NEED' TO BE A MODEL OF MENTAL HEALTH!!!! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Kiwonk
03-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Here, Here!!

And possibly a True for PeachCow, just ezzackly where does this dry skin reside? because I do have solutions for dry skin, having spent the last 23 years of my life in the land of endless indoor heating. I've overcome red and splitting hands, chapped lips, and itchy dry scaly arms and legs. Whatcha got?

Another ezzausting day in music-booster-land. Got on the bus at 11:30 am and got home at 9:00 PM. Many bumpy roads and hard auditorium seats in between. The high school chorus and band went to an adjudicated festival; each group did 3 pieces and got a score and some helpful critical feedback from the judges. It was pretty interesting. The kids did well, both groups got a 1--highest score. DD did her clarinet/oboe switching act, one of the judges complimented her on handling both well. She also had a brief but beautiful solo part in one of the chorus numbers. Complete surprise to me -- she didn't tell me she was doing it. Well, you can't say she brags herself up. (That's my job)

I'm pooped!

TPBM needs a good stretch.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-05-2005, 01:50 AM
TRUE >>> Just went to see CARMEN and it lasted 3 hours. Was wonderful though. Bunch of russian singers and stuff. Carmen was played by an American though.

Dry skin on arms, legs, face, neck, etc. Just want to be beautiful.

Painty, you don't got to be a model of anything. Wouldn't be interesting if you was perfect.

I got a story. So I once had this awful bf and he was in a band. My girlfriend in CAl liked the other guy in the band and I have no idea of the outcome of that. Anyway, the other guy has a website and I found it. He has been out of the music business for years, married, divorced and has 2 kids the age of our kids here. He was so enthusicatic when I said I was going to Cal to visit because of HER . HE wants to know if she's married. She says NIX NIX ain't gonna talk to him. HE says he'll wait inthe corner til she changes her mind. This is all through emails to me. They both have 16 year old kids. They're both divorced. They were once "in love" in some respect. I think it's marvy and they should get together. They live in the same area. I feel like Cupid except she's being stubborn but if a man asked IF I WERE MARRIED I'd pay attention.

TPBM has an index finger as long as her ring finger.

Cowpernia
03-05-2005, 01:52 AM
p.s. what I really want to know is do you all like your Dell computers? Or which is better?

Painty, come back and talk. This is a place to express your shadow or something like that.

SugP
03-05-2005, 04:21 PM
True. My index fingers are longer than my ring fingers. I think that either says something about my sexual orientation or how well I can parallel park, right? :dizzy:

Anway, I AM SICK. Influenza A. Nasty stuff. The stuff that had ds8 home all last week with a 5 day raging fever. Bleh. I'm trying to ignore it but I'm cold, and then I'm hot and my throat hurts (haven't strep for a couple years so I'm due), my ears hurt, my head hurts, my left leg hurts (?). If I take a pain killer everything goes away for awhile but then it comes back. And tomorrow is ds12's birthday party and dh is acting like a kindergarten kid 'cause that's what he does when I get sick. Men. Mummy gets sick and all h*ll breaks loose.

So, enough about me. I remember that friend, Peachy! Make sure you show her ds's perfect teeth. Hey, maybe if this thing with your friend and the friend of nasty old boyfriend works out you can start a new career as a matchmaker! How much do you want to bet you'll meet some fabulous guy in SF who is neither married nor gay?

Painty! We will still love you no matter how much compulsive advice you give. :grouphug:

Dear Dr. Kiwi: I have red, itchy, splitting hands. What should I do? Becoming a kept woman is not an option.

Wabby, I'm sure I'll make it down to Oregon again one of these days. Could take a couple of decades, but I'll be there. Don't move without telling me, ok? :coffee:

This is German TV: The annual Wok World Championships where lousy tv stars/celebrities/singers who are feeling ignored by the general public are sliding down a bobsled course in woks with soup ladels on the back of their boots. Uh huh.

TPBM has a thermometer in her mouth right now.

Bagzz
03-05-2005, 10:18 PM
not really---i am running a tubb-----------------my best friend's{3d of course}mother died this week so i have been parlourizing and today was funeral day, so i have been eating and socializing and finally finished off the evening drinking wine and talking about Anne's mom---------she was elderly but lived with my friend and was well looked after and loved-------kind of the "end of an era" thing going on=--------------plus the crazy shop---my head is killing me---i love you guys------------xoxoxo see yas :o

Cowpernia
03-05-2005, 11:23 PM
I have no thermometer either.

Sugar, it is true that Kiwi is not forthcoming with the dry skin recipe.

I copied your hilarous Gemran tv description and emailed it to my German-heritage friend.!

Today, I went to the mall and spent a zillion dollars on things to make me look five minutes younger.

TPBM has never been to the opera.

Kiwonk
03-06-2005, 12:43 AM
Hm. I have been to an opera. Or two. And a number of operettas. Have not done the formal, going to the opera thing at a big city opera, that I recall. Although I have very poor recall of a few years in the late 70s. I do remember going to the ballet numerous times back then, so :shrug:

Anway, I AM SICK. Sugar Plum! You poor thing! Bad timing, too. I hope you get through this birthday party okay. DH's are notoriously bad about "doing" birthday parties (I'm always reminded of the time my DH slammed his thumb in his desk drawer at the beginning of one party and made himself scarce for the entire thing -- very hard to sympathize with that). Good luck, I wish we could come take over for you and put you to bed with some hot chicken soup.
The annual Wok World Championships .....sliding down a bobsled course in woks with soup ladels on the back of their boots. .Now, that's the sport I've been looking for!---i am running a tubbGood lord woman, what are you talking about?

Sorry to not respond on the dry skin remedies. I will pontificate below. I have been gone all day taking DD prom dress shopping. And furniture shopping. I promised her an armoire or wardrobe for her birthday and have not been able to find anything yet. After going from the $2100 special order one to the $1400 special order one to the $200 Target not so special one to the $99 Home Depot melamine closet, we decided this was just not the right approach to her deplorable closet situation (she doesn't have one, just a makeshift rod that's too low and rather unslightly, attached to the side of an old handmade high chest of drawers whose hardware has started to decompose). We decided we're going to rip out everything that's there and put in a proper closet rod with a shelf over it, and buy a small chest of drawers for some drawer space.

I'm going to look online for the dress that we think she will be getting and you can go look at it. Un moment, s'il vous plait.

Ahem.

Serious emergency measures for painful cracked hands: Lotil or Bag Balm, slathered on the hands at night with cotton gloves pulled on over. No, I am not kidding!
Chronically dry chapped hands: Keep a pump bottle of Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion by the sink and use it every single time after you wash your hands. Don't dry them first, or at least not completely dry.
Dry hands that are not cracked at all: Put about 1/2 a teaspoon or so of sugar into a dollop of hand lotion, rub gently into your hands until the lotion is mostly absorbed, then rinse the sugar off thoroughly. Pat dry. You won't be able to stop touching your skin. You will be in love with your own hands.
Dry arms and legs: Stop washing them! No soap at all if they are really itchy! And put some mild lotion on right after you shower. I use moisturizing body wash when I shower, with a bath puff, and I can wash my arms and legs with that without drying them out. However if your bath soap dries out your skin at all, don't wash your arms and legs! Good lord, how dirty could they possibly be? Just rinse them. Wash the parts that really need it and call it good! I told my mother that when she complained about how painfully dry her arms and legs were, and she thought I was nuts -- I'll bet she did it though.
Face: I can't wash my face without using moisturizer afterwards. Unless I do it in the shower, where I almost always use a face scrub, and I never need moisturizer later. Go figure. I use some great stuff from the Body Shop called Seaweed Foaming Facial Scrub, or Freeman Totally Juicy Apricot Pore Scrub.
Lips: Um, lip balm.
Any questions?

TPBM is so bored reading this message that she fell asleep in the middle.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
03-06-2005, 01:24 AM
False--- Wide awake.
WITH DRY SKIN. worked in the yard... the itches just kicked in about 5 minutes ago and before I realized it I had itched and itched until my forearms were SCARLET. I wonder if there's some weed I'm allergic to. Amytil (sp?) has helped dry cracking toes and heels... shins are still remarkably dry. Nutritionist says, calmly, "It might be stress." Geez, ya think? but I don't have anything I think I "should" be stressed about. Hubby is adorable. Kids well. Oh. But I'm FAT. Just that. :mad:

We're going to a bird refuge tomorrow. I'll take photos and a sketch pad. Part of the "planned fun" to ward off doldrums. They've sighted 315 species... I'll be lucky to see some that aren't in my backyard. but I'm pretty excited. And it ISN'T hot yet here.

I'm too wide to ride in a wok. Even on German TV.

Would love to go to Pacific Northwest and rendezvous with whoever was there. Still hope to get to VC before old age and decrepitude "win"

There's a book out about people who marry long lost lovers. Maybe Cowie's friends can be in the second volume. I think that's romantic. My hs bf does not have a web site... I think I mentioned before that my Mum believed he'd be incarcerated by age 20. I never heard.

No advice. No advice. No advice.
Imperfection is normal. Imperfection is normal. Imperfection IS normal.

Nite.

Kiwonk
03-06-2005, 02:40 AM
Wow. Entenmann's Little Bites Brownies. 3. In a package. Nirvana.

Here's DD's most likely dress. (http://www.debshops.com/fashion/ViewDetail.asp?page=1&CatID=26&ContentID=763)

My high school boyfriend is OLD.

kiwi

Kiwonk
03-06-2005, 02:44 AM
worked in the yard... the itches just kicked in about 5 minutes ago and before I realized it I had itched and itched until my forearms were SCARLET. I wonder if there's some weed I'm allergic to. I wouldn't be surprised. I get that reaction sometimes -- quite often if one of my cats scratches me. I have no doubt I'm allergic to cats, just not enough to make me want to get rid of them. But if I start to itch, I try to wash off the area with soap and water; sometimes that wards off the full-fledged reaction.

Cowpernia
03-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Love the dress. And it will fit anybody !! Just let the lacing out. This guy is old,s too. Really bald. Old and bald. Who cares. I am thinking about sugar coating my hands. Can I use Splenda? Painty, anyone perfect would be so dull.

TPBM had a well-rounded breakfast.

Kiwonk
03-06-2005, 02:37 PM
False. Coffee and more coffee. Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

Love the dress. And it will fit anybody !! Just let the lacing out. Good point, maybe I can wear it to my nephew's wedding this spring.

DD and I had "dinner" at Target last night. We sat by the front window and speculated on whether people could see inside. They can.

TPBM has never been to a Target and doesn't know what she's missing.

Speaking of which, here's the difference between Target and other stores: walking through Sears, we almost got mowed down by an employee moving stock through the aisles. At Target, an employee moving stock came toward us as well, and I started to step out of the way when he moved over, stopped, and made room for us to go by.

Kiwi

SugP
03-06-2005, 04:03 PM
True!! I have been to K-Mart and WalMart and Sears and Woolco and Woolworth's but never Target. I wanna go. I hear they have everything. Thanks for the dry skin advice Kiwi. I find that a lot of creams that are supposed to help actually make my skin redder and dryer. Go figure. I only wash my naughty bits in the shower and let the rest take care of itself. :D

Painty, I also get that red rash from gardening. Happens when I touch coniferous bushes and such and once it happened when I opened a package of bulbs I wanted to plant. And when cats scratch me. Itchy as heck. Also, WORD on the dry shins lately. I find life in general is stressful enough without anything special going on. *scratch scratch*

Ooh, what a yummy dress. I love the colour. The Kiwiette will look gorgeous.

We survived the party. Dh came to his senses. A good time was had by all. I am feeling somewhat better but may go to doc tomorrow to see if I have anything worth worrying about.

There's a book out about people who marry long lost lovers. Maybe Cowie's friends can be in the second volume. I think that's romantic.

I think it's romantic too. That's why I'm going to be in volume 20 or so. I might be 75 when it happens, but I'll be there. *sighs and bangs head on computer desk*.

My hs bf does not have a web site... I think I mentioned before that my Mum believed he'd be incarcerated by age 20. I never heard.

Hee! When I first read this, my feverish brain saw 'reincarnated' instead of 'incarcerated' and I thought, "Wow, tell me more." :lol:

Hey, who else is happy that Martha's finally out of the slammer? I didn't realize she was 63. :coffee:

The TPBM looks better now than she did in high school.

Cowpernia
03-06-2005, 04:19 PM
True. I look like a lovely old lady but was a homely teen. IN fact DS and I had lunch at McD's and this other old person, a guy, came and asked me if I live locally. I said yes, and he said, "We don't have pretty girls like you in Michigan." He kept talking and I felt like Joan of Arcadia. I kept waiting for him to tell me to do something.

DS and I went to church. I am very critical of churches. I want to go but I always find something to snicker at. He talked about God smiling and I pictured huge teeth. He said "Turn to second Samuel, chapter 12, verse 1. If you've ever played golf, you've heard somene say 'you the man.'" and I thought he was reading about golf in the King James. I don't have King James and entertaining the thought that they are far more different than I previously imagined.

And it was deadly dull but who am I to complain.

TPBM is a better person than I.

Bagzz
03-06-2005, 06:00 PM
hahaha---never could i be better than peachezzzzzzzz==============I LOVE THE DRESS!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD ENOUGH TO EAT!!!! HMMMM--SHE WOULD HAVE LOOKED NICE ALONGSIDE DD'S LIME GREEN DRESS-=----KIND OF LIKE A COUPLE OF POPSICLES!!! HOW FUN FOR YOU KIWONK!!!---------is this for next year {grad} or is she going with someone who is graduating this year????HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER SHUGS!!! sorry i didn't notice you were ill!!!!----speaking of Target---i was at my first one last fall in Bangor====not too bad at all====alot like most of the regular dept. stores though=---i like JC Penny better and i LOVVVVVVVVVVVVE TJMax the best!!!-----NOW KIWONK--------- i meant to say i was running a Tub.---now do you get it???

Cowpernia
03-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Just have to say that I remember when Kiwi's nephew was born ... two years ago! He can't get married.

I have not heard from my friend or her former bf for days. I fear they have run off together. I am sad.

TPBM is a good hula hooper.

Wabby
03-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Aaaah, if only that were true! I never used to have hips to keep it up. Now I can barely get the hoop around me.

Peach, the things to do around here are not nearly as exciting as San Francisco has to offer, however we could maybe do the following - drive 1 hr. north of Portland to see Mt St. Helens (volcano), drive up the Columbia River Gorge for beautiful scenery and waterfalls, I dunno, what would interest DS?

Re: reuniting w/ former sweethearts - did you see the Oprah show about Rudy Gulliani's wife that he dumped, and how she reunited w/ her college love? It was a sweet story.

Kiwi, purdy dress. She'll look lovely.

Bagzie, I love TJ Maxx too. The home furnishings part. You never know what neat stuff they'll have for cheap.

I'm in pain. I spent the weekend painting my bedroom. It was painting the ceiling and moving furniture that did it. Owie. I haven't decided if I like it. The color is called Classic Taupe. I'm afraid it might be too boring. Maybe not. Maybe I like it. I just know I'm not going to repaint it any time soon.

Sorry you're sick Sugar. sounds like what my ds had. nasty stuff.

Painty, where is VC? You could come to the NW and visit gardens w/ me. Come in the spring. I've been getting my socks knocked off every day, what with all the trees and spring bulbs blooming. It was 70 degrees and sunny all weekend. We bbq'd and ate out on the deck Sunday. Actually DH made the entire dinner. Fish he had caught himself, caesar salad, garlic bread & corn on the cob (out of season, but it was still good). All the weather men are all doom and gloom about the drought we'll be into this summer. Why can't they just enjoy the sunshine???

TPBM has a good enough imagination to think up an amusing TPBM thingie, unlike me.

Kiwonk
03-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Well, I don't have one in mind yet, we'll have to see.
We bbq'd and ate out on the deck Sunday. Actually DH made the entire dinner. Fish he had caught himself, caesar salad, garlic bread & corn on the cob (out of season, but it was still good). All the weather men are all doom and gloom about the drought we'll be into this summer. Why can't they just enjoy the sunshine??? Isn't that the truth? It sounds like the middle of summer--how wonderful!
Hey, who else is happy that Martha's finally out of the slammer? I didn't realize she was 63. .I was delighted. I made a new recipe from Everyday Food (the show on PBS) yesterday in her honor. DD and her friend made fun of me. :lol:

Know just what you mean about lotions that make your skin redder. My skin is over sensitive to a lot of hand creams. Hard to believe they'd put stuff in there that would irritate your skin, but it's true.
-------is this for next year {grad} or is she going with someone who is graduating this year????.......

--NOW KIWONK--------- i meant to say i was running a Tub.---now do you get it???:lol: Never occurred to me!

DD's going this year. It's for both junior and seniors and whoever they invite. I suppose she'll want a different dress next year. :faint:
Just have to say that I remember when Kiwi's nephew was born ... two years ago! He can't get married.True, except it was 4 and 6 years ago! But my brother had a baby boy back in the dark ages (Bro was 20) and he's now the very coolest of grown up nephews. Want to see his adorable wedding website page? I'll send it to you, rather than post it here. They are the cutest couple, the picture doesn't even do them justice. What a concept, a wedding webpage. I wonder if they will get any presents from people they don't even know, but just thought they were adorable and ordered something from their registry! :lol:

Gotta run it's music lesson day.

TPBM is getting tendonitis from being on the computer so much.

Kiwi

Wabby
03-08-2005, 03:35 PM
No tendonitis, but I do get eye strain. My kids tell me I look like I've been smoking whacky tobaccy. I just bought some new cheater glasses - 2 fer one at Walgreen's drugstore. I love getting old.

I'm p.o.'ed. I have a customer w/ a $1000 past due invoice. They sent me payment of $600 today, with a note saying that they weren't happy w/ the product that we provided last September and they will only pay us if we go to their location, a 4 hour drive from our business and take out and re-install (we only provided materials, no installation). The nerve.

I'm thrilled that Martha has been sprung. I never thought she should have gone to the big house anyway. You know the government investigators lied to her during the same course of the conversation in which she supposedly lied to them. You are only allowed to lie if you are a government investigator, not a private citizen. ..... and what was the recipe, Kiwi?

I'm such a Dud..... I just polished off a king size box of Milk Duds. Why oh why do I do this????

DH wants to go to the beach this weekend. but, but, it's Bunco weekend!!!!

I just spotted another sure sign of spring....... the high school dance team is setting up a car wash across the street.

TPBM is sick to death of me spouting off about our loverly weather and sunshine.