South Beach Diet - Hump Day Chat - February 9

View Full Version : Hump Day Chat - February 9

Ruthxxx
02-09-2005, 07:26 AM
Good morning. Just starting us up.

I have to get Harry cranked up earlier this morning as we go for fasting bloodwork. We will go out for breakfast afterwards. In the meantime, I want to sneak in a coffee and feed and cuddle The Girls.

I'll be back later. Repeats to Self: No home fries!

Nalaminu
02-09-2005, 08:32 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

I am off for an early start for today. I have a meeting at our district office this afternoon. I am trying to get things ready for the substitute that will take over while I am away on our anniversary trip. I am excited to get away and spend time with DH relaxing.

I hope all is well with everyone. Have a wonderful OP day!

:grouphug:

:)
Nally

Bamiegurl
02-09-2005, 08:46 AM
Good Mornin Chickies! Where's Mamacita? Is she up and out for blood already this mornin? lol

Ruth... No home fries! lol Cuddle cuddle! And we wonder why they are so spoiled! lol

Nally... I bet y'all will have such a wonderful time on your lil get away! Enjoy and have a good time. Don't worry about anything while you are gone! (blood test)

Me... I have an eye appt. to check my new contacts that I can't see out of half the time. Sometimes I can see fine other times everything is very blurry! This is the third pair I have tried and it is lookin like I will not be able to wear them! Still workin on that wretched kitchen! Oh my goodness what a mess. Hopefully it will not be toooo much longer. Atleast when we get ready to gut it in a few years for new cabinets and all this will be one less thing we have to do then! lol To all who have pecked in while I have been peckin Good Morning! Have a great day all!

~Nat~
02-09-2005, 08:52 AM
Morning ladies!

I usually don't have time anymore in the morning for the computer but I must have moved a bit faster this a.m..

I gained 3 pounds over the w/e....it was the evil beer that I couldn't resist. Oh well, life goes on!

Ds popped his first tooth through yesterday. I was sooo excited!! I was the first one to notice it and he was with SIL all day. Usually they are telling me of his accomplishments(even though I have told them I don't want to know if they witness a milestone). He slept much better last night...what a relief.

Time to fix my eggs and wake up ds to start the day.

Happy Hump Day!!!

Gypsydancer
02-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Good morning! This is my first day on SBD. I'm following Phase II because I'm still breastfeeding my almost 1 year old (he'll be 1 next week!). I can't wait to get to know all of you. Nat, how old is your son?

Hope you all have great days!

ellis
02-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Nat, a tooth! That so sweet. :love:

Bamie, good luck with the contacts AND the kitchen!!
DH must have stayed up late last night "mudding", because when I came down this morning, two more walls were freshly smooth. :) We're getting closer to the painting stage! :dance:

Nally, you must be so excited about your trip!!

Ruth, tell them NOT to put the fries on your plate! It's the only way... you KNOW you'll eat them if they're there. I don't want to see you back in the twos. (with me. sob)

I have a day to myself today, and BOY, do I DESERVE IT!! I'm going to catch up on laundry, and maybe sand the old cabinets over the sink pre-painting.

Have a great day, girls!! :wave: (sorry... and guys...)

ellis
02-09-2005, 09:05 AM
Sorry, Darlene... I missed your post... good morning, and good luck today! :wave:
I LOVED breastfeeding my babies. :love: I breastfed my daughter exclusively (no food) for a year, and my son (NOT exclusively... he was a big boy) for two years.

amb_lyn
02-09-2005, 09:41 AM
Good Morning Ladies~

Well, I have yet to catch up on yesterday's goings on but will post today. I have lost another pound.. Woohoo!! I've lost 10 now!! I've been dying to get that last pound, I have that "I can do this now feeling." Something about getting to that 10 pound mark.

Nat~ how exciting! How old is ds. My baby just turned 1 last week. He has 6 teeth. Has had them since October.

Ruth~Home fries? YUM. Stay strong, you can resist!

Nally~I am envious. I would LOVE to get away with dh for a weekend. Just a weekend. Don't worry about anything while you're gone. Enjoy the time alone.

Bamie~ Have you tried the Focus Day & Night contacts? I LOVE those! You can wear them for 30 days & 30nights before having to change them. GL with getting some that you're able to wear.

Gypsy~Good Morning.

Ellis~Enjoy the day to yourself. I think i'd go shopping....if we didnt have 4inches of snow on the ground.

Me~Probably housework. It's well overdue. Other than that the usual, baby (he's cranky this morning), run errands, then relax!! I have a movie that i'd like to watch today. We shall see if it happens.

Have a Great OP Day!

Bamiegurl
02-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Ellis... I have to get out of the habit of hey chicks only as well! I guess it will be good morning chicks and roosters! lol I doubt they would like being refered to as dudechicks! lol Just kiddin guys! We are glad to have ya!

Rayneysmom
02-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Good Morning Ladies :coffee: Still trying to get a move on.

Bamie, Ellis and whoever else is remodeling ~ did I miss something? Is there a pre-requisite to post with you guys? Ya know - like you must be remodeling - painting - sanding - tearing up - SOMETHING to be in this group?? :rofl: :rofl: :lol3: :lol3: You ladies sure do stay busy. ;)

Ruth ~ Touch the homefries and die girlie :nono: :nono: :nono: ;)

Nally ~ Hope you have a great time on your trip.

Bamie ~ Maybe all the dust in your house from the remodeling is bothering your contacts? :chin: If I'm in a really dry environment (or if I sleep in mine) they get that blurry thing going on too.

Nat ~ Congrats on the tooth :dancer: I remember Rayney's first tooth. Actually, she popped three at the same time. :fr: The teething was NOT joyous :eek: , but the actual event was :cb: .
BEER???????????!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes: Bad idea :no:

Gypsy ~ WELCOME TO THE BEACH :wave: . You will find LOTS of support here. I love the BEACH :love:

Ellis ~ What I wouldn't give for a day all by myself. :bubbles: Seems like I always have somewhere to go, something to do, or someone to take care of. AAARRRRGGGG :stress: and they say it's nice to feel needed :faint:

Well, better bounce on outta here. Work to do.

I'll check in later - you all have a great day one the Beach :D :D

Rayneysmom
02-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Amber ~ Was postiing while you were ~ Good Morning :coffee:

Bamiegurl
02-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Amber... I have not tried the extended wear. Right now I am just tryin to find a pair I can see with! lol
Kelly...I just got this pair Friday and was gone all w-end so I know it was the stinkin contacts. I have astigmatisim in both eyes and so it is hard to wear contacts for some people. The new ones almost act like there is not enough weight on them and they turn on my eye. With my vision it is side to side and up and down so the contacts have weights on them to keep them straight on your eyes. If that makes any sence to you! lol I wish DH would just come up off that hip pocket and let me get lasik and then I wouldn't have to fool with all this mess! lol Oh and yes you should really start tearin up something in your house! lol Just kiddin! But it seems like kitchen projects are the in thing right now! lol

amb_lyn
02-09-2005, 09:56 AM
I have an astigmatism as well but don't require weights. Goodness, I hope you find something that will work. I despise wearing my glasses. I want Lasix sooo bad but they wont' do me yet. I have to wait until my prescription doesn't change for 2yrs. Ya, right. It changes every 6mos! GL with finding something. I would give these a whirl. I love them!

cottagebythesea
02-09-2005, 09:56 AM
I'm a little later than usual today, I was sitting out on the patio enjoying my coffee after getting back from Curves. We've been having a string of balmy spring-like temps for several days now, and it feels soooo good! Today should be the last of it for a while though. It's supposed to snow tomorrow. Ash Wednesday! Now I REALLY don't have any excuses for not staying OP! We always fast during Lent (3 light meals a day), and have fish on Fridays, so I should see some real progress now. Did anyone see the news yesterday about a new "cookie" diet that is supposed to be the lastest rage? You eat these specially made cookies all day with one very light meal and they claim you can lose 15-20 lbs a month! Doesn't sound like a very sensible way of eating to me!

Bamiegurl
02-09-2005, 10:09 AM
Amber... I had to wait as well and this past June was 2 yrs no change! WooHoo! I was 26 or 27 before I started wearing glasses and had very rapid vision change until 2 years ago when I was 34. I hate wearin my glasses as well. Especially the new pair I got over the summer. They are about to wear me out and that is why I am tryin to wear contacts again! lol DD has no problems at all with hers. But her vision problem is not the same as mine either.

Cottage... A cookie diet! Oh my dreams are coming true! lol Paleaze! They wear me out with all this stuff. Eatin junk like cookies is what got us into this mess. lol

Rayneysmom
02-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Bamie ~ I have astygmatism also. But only in one eye. I use Softlens contacts and they seem to do OK. I have to wear my glasses right now though, because the last time I went to the eye doctor in January - he said I may have to have a corneal topography done. My vision in my right eye won't go to 20/20 no matter what he does with the lenses on the machine. So, glasses to give my eyes a rest for a while. I have worn my contacts every day just about for over seven years. Guess it's time for a rest :shrug:

Maybe I'll try to talk DH into tearing something up. We just had all new windows put in. We live in the house he grew up in. It was built in the late 40's. So, all the windows were broken or cracked or something :lol: . However, it took me almost 5 years to talk him into windows. I'll probably be at least another ten before I can get anything else done :lol: :lol: He's so tight - he squeaks when he walks :lol:

Good morning Cottage ~ I wouldn't think that a cookie or so a day would be a great diet either. I like cookies, don't get me wrong - but I'm a meat eater :lol: Cookies would probably get old after a while. I guess 15-20 a month woul dbe nice - just not on a cookie diet :)

Well gotta go - being summoned. Catch ya'll later

amb_lyn
02-09-2005, 10:14 AM
I have heard of that cookie diet. LOL I overheard a conversation a few weeks ago when I was working at the restaurant. This guy said he had been on this diet and he also incorporated a few things from various diets. I think he said he lost like .. 40#'s in just a few months. He said the cookies werent that great, but, if it works...

amb_lyn
02-09-2005, 10:16 AM
He's so tight - he squeaks when he walks :lol:

LOL!!

Bamiegurl
02-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Kelly.. DH could squeeze the poop out of a buffalo nickle! lol I'm a Kellie as well.
I know someone else who wore contacts for a real long time and had to wear glasses for a while to give their eyes a rest per docs orders. I probably would not wear mine everyday but would like to when I am goin somewhere. lol Speakin of goin I better get goin to the shower so I'm not late for my appt.! haha

anchor weight
02-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Morning All!

Wow you guys are busy pecking around this am. Just to throw my two cents in I have astigmatism in both eyes and I wear Toric 66 lenses. If you are trying the toric's they take a good couple of weeks to get used to. I used to get motion sickness from them when they would spin around. :lol:

No weight loss this am. :shrug: I guess I better buckle down and lay off the adult beverages for awhile. Two weeks of inconsistant eating and drinking have led to two weeks of no weight loss. Oh well at least I haven't gained. I was starving when I woke up so I'm now eating my lunch (its 9:50 am here).

Be OP!

2BFIT1
02-09-2005, 10:54 AM
DH could squeeze the poop out of a buffalo nickle!
Bamie, you make me LOL all the time!!! Thanks

No weight loss this week but I have not been 100% OP (not even 80%) but I am trying to eat healthy. I just started learning Pilates this week and I think it will help to tone my tummy.

Kitchen update~the countertops are scheduled to be installed tomorrow morning. Once that's done, I can attach the bookcase, hang the island & sink lights and begin the tile backsplash. DH will still need to complete the plumbing (DW and sink faucet).

Plan for today~ ride exercise bike for 30 min, light weight- lifting for arms and work on learning Pilates. Also need to read Ch. 1 of my Zen/Meditation class.

Ruthxxx
02-09-2005, 11:17 AM
21 posts by 10:18! I am way behind!

Rayneysmom
02-09-2005, 11:39 AM
:lol: "Kelly.. DH could squeeze the poop out of a buffalo nickle! lol I'm a Kellie as well". :lol:

Dern Kellie - & I thought my DH was bad :lol: That is TIGHT :rofl: :lol3: It's a wonder he can even MOVE :lol:

Ruth ~ Didn't eat the homefries did you????

What exactly are pilates?? Would someone please enlighten me? :lol:

little chick
02-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Hey chickies and Mr Rooster, finally have time to post before I get lunch for everyone. The last window guy came today once we get his quote we will have to make a decision. The puppy is doing well except he has worms. YUCK. Poor little thing. He is so cute. I will post another picture when I download the newest ones I have taken.

Ruth- you asked the other day if we had another dog and we do a 5 year old border collie Jake. They are getting along nicely now. I hope you stayed away from the homefries. Although I wish you had not mentioned them I have a huge craving for them now. :D

A BIG hello to all of the newbies hope you enjoy the beach.

cottagebythesea- mmmmmmmmm the cookie diet. Sounds yummy but too good to be true. If it was only that simple we would all be at goal weight. :lol:

Nally enjoy your trip with dh. Hope you have a romantic time. I am hoping the DMIL will be taking our dd's for the week-end so dh and I can have some romantic time ;)

Nat Babies look so cute when the first get those little teeth in. I never tell my moms when there wee ones do something. I always let them think they were the first to see the milestones.

Ellis how are you chick. Enjoy your day. I love having a me day. Though I don't get them very often.

amb_lyn hope the baby gets in a better mood and you get to watch your movie. Have fun with that house work. I just got mine done. Although I could to more I am not going to, it looks clean and smells clean it must be clean. :lol:

[/B]anchor weight[B] glad you didn't gain with all that eating and drinking. I have been the same I fell off the wagon and I can't seem to get back on I am just being drug behind. :(

Well I must get going although I said that once already. The troupes are looking at me with that please feed me look. Have a great day chicks and Rooster.

Barb0522
02-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Just a quick checkin. I've already worked (from home) for a couple of hours but when I mentioned to the boss that my fever was already back up to 101 - he told me to log off and go rest. I'll be doing that right after this post. ;) I think Brian is starting to get sick but so far the school hasn't called. If I take him to the doctor, I'll have then check out my lungs. I THINK the wheezing is better but then I didn't really notice it before.

Teething is NOT fun. Well, I was excited about it until I realized my son often would get ear infections when he was teething.

I wear Focus contacts in one eye. The astigmatism finally got too bad for regular. It took me awhile to adjust to them.

Weight wise, I think being sick is helping. I am eating properly and enough but I've dropped 4 pounds in the last week (five since the month started). And this is without my usual exercise. I don't even feel like exercising right now so I know I am still sick!

chipper15173
02-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Playing on the puter today w/pictures. So, this is a test to see if I did the aviator right. These are my GB's playing dress up. The blonde is Starr (1 1/2) the other one is Skyler she is 4.

Rayneysmom
02-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Barb~ Sorry you are still feeling poorly. Go get some rest hon and we'll be thinkin about you

Rayneysmom
02-09-2005, 12:09 PM
Chipper - they are beautiful!!!

HunnyBee
02-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Good Morning...

IM so cornfused... I don't know. I am doing this diet and I love it (ya'll have heard this before!)

Anyway gained a lb since last week. Could of been the Rum on Sat but I don't know. :( Im trying to so hard... I dont' want to do Phase I again. I have a hard time w/sweets (had a mini choco bar one day this week) and alcohol (capt and diet coke on Sat and one tato skin on Fri). I don't know guys. Coworker the good one :angel: said You can't expect success overnight. :cool: I guess not but I keep bouncing between these 2 numbers. I have been on the beach for a month now and exercising 3x week with Cardio and Weights. Im not expecting miracles, just a loss of any kind. Doesn't make sense. anyway, I packed my lunch today with extra veggies! It doesn't help everyone tells me I'm looking good... :^:

Should I get strict or what? maybe phase 1.5? :dunno:

Hope everyone else has an easy day on the beach! Enjoy the rays! :sunny:

HunnyBee
02-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Oh yeah the Grand Babies are sooo cute!!!

Bamiegurl
02-09-2005, 12:41 PM
Oh the babies are so cute! I wanna play dress up! lol
Barb.. REST GURL!
Well I am goin to BEG ol money bags for lasik surgery. Today is his birthday so I may wait til tomorrow hate to make him mad on his b-day! lol When he says no I will probably throw a fit or something real ladylike! lol Doc says one of the docs he uses has a special for Feb. 1,000 an eye. Reg 1,800 an eye. He is goin to order me another pair of contacts. We'll see! Or atleast I hope I will! lol I've got to figure out what I am goin to cook DH for supper. He loves anything greasy! lol I have to bake him a cake as well. I'll be good don't worry! lol Have a good afternoon all!

kissyjoy
02-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Good Morning All!

Not much to tell you this morning. My phone has already been going crazy so I have a feeling this is gonna be quick! I think I'm starting to get a cold as my throat doesn't feel very good. I was in denial yesterday and took a ton of Airborne which I'm hoping will knock this out! I don't wanna be sick!

Looks like my wall in my kitchen is going to get torn down tomorrow. We're also making appts. with the cabinet people so they can get going on the building. It's slowly progressing.

I'll be back in a bit (hopefully) if my phone stops ringing! :)

beachgal
02-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Ruth, hope you enjoyed the early morning cuddle! :D Have a great breakfast! (no home fries...) ;)

Nally, good for you on getting away! I hate preparing for subs, so I just went to school no matter what. It's just SO much more work to prep for someone else! ;) That said, I loved subbing in the libraries locally. What a great job!!! :D

Bamie, hope that kitchen moves along quickly! Are you changing the paint color? If so, fill us in so we can dream! :D

Nat, congrats on the first tooth! :D I bet that's a big relief for you and him!

Welcome, Gypsydancer! I love how positive and affirming your avatar and info are! :goodvibes:

I was trying to write to everyone, but it's not going to happen today!

Me:
We're putting together a large, week-long event in the office, and we're all at sixes and sevens! Things with SBD are good, although I'm having trouble pulling myself away from the kitchen at night.

I think ice cream is a trigger food for me. If I get any in the future, it needs to be in small quantities so I don't feel the need to finish the whole carton! :mad: I was down to 217.5 on Saturday, but after eating apple crisp with ice cream and then a bunch more ice cream on Saturday and Sunday, I was back up to 221.5 on Monday. Oy. :p This one I have no one to blame for but myself. I haven't been exercising this week, but I'm going to yoga tonight and Jazzercise tomorrow. Then gym on Friday even if I have to zap myself out of bed! :strong:

Have a great day, chickies!

HistoryChick
02-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Just a quick hello!

Working in the office today and then off to my job....til close...oh joy! lol I went on a bike ride yesterday...3 miles...not bad...it was such a nice day yesterday...Looks like everyone is doing well...I lost another lb today......I'm down to 166! Yay!! I have to say this is totally weird though...I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be down to that....I'm very proud of myself....and I'm very proud of all of you...Everyone here is such an inspiration! Keep up the wonderful work ladies!

a broad abroad
02-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Wow, 29 posts so far!

Kissjoy, I saw the woman who created Airborne on the Oprah show but I haven't seen the product in stores (wasn't actually looking, however). Does it really head off a cold at the pass??

Ok, folks, do you want to hear a story about how convenience/fast food has permeated the psyche of our culture?

The American fast food giants have set up shop all over the world in industrialized countries and Germany is no exception. They aren't as numerous here though, but you can find McD, BK, KFC, Pizza Hut to name a few.

Yesterday at work one of the volunteers said she was going to KFC today and would be coming by taking orders tomorrow. She came in this morning, took orders, got money, and picked up a cooler to keep the food warm. We had coupons and everyone started talking about how good southern fried chicken is and what great cole slaw KFC makes, and don't forget mashed potatoes and gravy, and on and on. Everyone was going gaga to be sure to get their orders in. She delivered and everyone was delighted.

One thing that struck me about this "food run" is that the nearest KFC is 30 minutes away (driving fast on the autobahn) and the person driving did not need to be in that town for any other reason except getting the food.

I know not everyone is watching their weight or nutrition, but I couldn't grasp all the hubub. Maybe the reason it seemed so wonderful to everyone is because it was more of a treat now, rather than a regular meal. Then again, maybe it is just a taste of home.

Ruthxxx
02-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Geez, that's pretty sad when KFC is a taste of home! (Can you tell I never liked the stuff?)

I must confess that I DID eat the home fries when we went out for breakfast this morning! Ellis is right, I should have told them to leave them off the plate! However, all was not lost - I did meet Craig and ordered more firewood. Another two cords of wood means we will have an early spring and I'll be crabbing about having to move the wood out of the way in a month or two when my day lilies want to come up where the woodpile is! :shrug:

One of Hershey's Oct. 8 puppies is still not sold. Some folks put a deposit on him and cancelled out when they got back from Florida last weekend! Idiots! Not only did they miss out on a great dog but also lost their $500 bucks. Luckily I met someone at the Clinic today who is very interested. This lttle boy is crate and leash trained and very people oriented so they will be getting a great dog who is over the puppy training stuff. They live on the water too so it will be a great match for everyone! I'm crossing fingers and boobs that it works out well for us all.

There are just too many folk posting for me to comment to everyone but:
- sickies - get better fast
- people who can't see - lighten up - :lol: sorry!
- babies with new teeth - a whole new eating experience is opening up!
- renovators - my sincere sympathies

Have a great afternoon. It's so nice to see all the clucking going on in here and no pecking at each other either. We are so frassing civilized - with a few exceptions, of course.

I'm off to drink water, treadmill and gt some niggles off my list.

Bamiegurl
02-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Oh Ruth... I love KFC! It is my favorite chicken!

Abroad... I would drive that far for it if I really wanted it bad enough! lol It's new to them right now so they don't mind the drive. lol I was thinkin of gettin KFC for supper for DH and the kids since he loves fried chicken but I am not goin to fry anything in the kitchen right now because we have the wall paper off in that area and grease is hard to remove. (good excuses if ya ask me!) Instead I have decided to get some fried chicken from Wal-Mart when I go and make the sides myself. (maybe) lol I should be workin on that kitchen right now!

Laurie... We are stripping 3 layers of wallpaper and then I will paint. It is goin to be green. A light pretty green.

History... WTGG on the loss and to you others that are droppin way to go! Don't worry it's not lost though I seem to be finding it! It seems that Uncle TOM Aunt FLO and 3 of their kids have come for a visit and brought 3 lbs. with 'em! lol (but really it's not funny!) :-( lol

kissyjoy
02-09-2005, 03:16 PM
A Broad- I'm not sure if Airborne really works or not since it's the first time that I've tried it. My sister loves the stuff. She has to deal with colds all the time because she's a daycare provider. I'll let ya know what I think about it!

Ruth- :nono: Bad Ruth for eating those home fries (even thought they sure sound darn good)! We are pretty civilized on this board. Should we create some drama and argue?

Bamie- I feel your pain with the visit of Uncle TOM and Aunt FLO. I won't even go near a scale when they come to town. I'm hoping they leave ASAP. They really are inconveniencing my life. I hate cleaning up after them all the time :lol: !

Mamacita
02-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Evening, Chicks~~

I'm all confused posting in the evening instead of the morning. :dizzy:

I'm on a deadline with my writing so spent this morning writing instead of playing. :smug: Feeling very virtuous over that. Can't believe I wrote an entire synopsis in ONE day...that's like TOTALLY unheard of for me.

Very tired tonight so I won't reply to all the posts, but I will say Hi to all my buddies and Welcome to all the new chicks...and did I read that right ROOSTERS ??? on the Beach! :wave:

Let me get my bearings on this new work schedule and hopefully I'll be back to "normal" whatever that is.

Take care everyone!

Mamacita