Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-07-2005, 01:15 PM   #1  

Default Why Are You Doing This?

I saw a commercial this weekend that really hit home with me. It was for Champion athletic / workout clothes. It is one long take of a fit woman doing push-ups; she is facing the camera and the shot is head-on. The text on the screen and the voiceover say:

Not for a guy.
Not for a dress.
Not for a scale.
Not for a reunion.
Not for a bikini.
Not for a wedding.
Not for anything ...

but me.

LOVE IT.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:10 PM   #2  

Now that is great! That really sums up the really reason for this life change for me!
scorpiobby20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:14 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9

AWESOME! Yeah, it took a while for me to get myself started. I needed to do this for ME though. Not because of my fiance, not because of my wedding, not because someone else thinks I should be thin, but for me! And it's all been worth it. I ENJOY looking at myself in the mirror now. Before I started losing weight, I HATED looking in the mirror. I hated to look in the mirror even when I was putting makeup on.
It's ALL worth it!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 04:04 PM   #4  

I have to agree, I'm doing it for me, I just reached a point that found me tired of not being the me, I knew I could be.Tired of dreaming what I could look like and wanted to make that dream come true.
finally ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 04:18 PM   #5  
Phil 4:8

fantastic
that's what it really all about. we are in this because we deserve it. not for anything or anyone else. just for us. it took a decage to get this way. now i'm taking back control for the next decade. to be healthy and feel better. it is a life change. for me it happend just prior the the new year. finally on Jan. 10 of this year i had had enough. so my journey has begun. we are ALL in this together. encourageing each other and motivation one another through the tough times is crucial. have a great day ladies. it is cold here even though the sun it out it in th 30s. keep warm, safe and on track.
kind regrards,
mary
craftymom2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 04:30 PM   #6  
Blue Bunny Butt

S/C/G: 304/304/180

Height: 6'1"

YES!!! I LOVE THAT COMMERCIAL!! It so totally spoke to me. I have never been a fan of losing weight because of an event, person, whatever. It is all about health and that desire to make yourself the priority. I think that mindset beings about lasting change. That commerical sends such a positive message.
togger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 05:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

great commercial!!!!
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

I haven't seen that commercial, but it sounds great! Finally, a positive image of women in an ad. And it really does sum up why I'm getting in shape, eating well, and losing weight.
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 07:05 PM   #9  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Guys come and go, dresses go out of style, scales fluctuate, reunions are over in a night, bikinis go out of style, weddings are over in an hour, but you...you have to live with yourself for a lifetime.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 06:20 PM   #10  

I am doing it for alot of reasons, but all of which pertain to me. I want to be happy and healthy. Those are the main reasons. I have a good friend/neighbor that got breast implants and dental cosmetics within the last year. (And she didn't need either..honestly) I have another friend that got breast implants and is having a face lift and lipo suction tomorrow morning. (She too is small and thin.) I know that you can't always fix those things on your own. But, I know I will feel better about myself knowing that I made the changes all on my own w/out assistance other than support and knowledge. That doesn't mean that I am against cosmetic surgery, but I think the reward is greater when you did it on your own. Gastric Bypass is a whole other topic and isn't what I am talking about here...just in case anyone thinks that. It is totally unrelated to what I mean. Anyways, I am doing it for me and also so that my husband may take notice and start living a healthier lifestyle too. What good is my life without him to share it with?

Anyways, good topic.
KyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 07:02 PM   #11  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

I've hopped on and off this bandwagon too many times to count and the only time I've been successful was when I did it for me and me alone!

I'm back on the wagon now thinking about how great I'll feel when I can find clothes that fit well, but I have to admit there's a little part of me that wants to hear the word "HOT" out of my SO's mouth a little more often! '-)
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:40 AM   #12  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtha
there's a little part of me that wants to hear the word "HOT" out of my SO's mouth a little more often! '-)
I know I have to do this for my health and for me. I'm dying to be more active, to feel comfortable about going out and rollerblading or whatever.

I also hear you about the SO and my looks. I think it's hard for *me* to feel sexy, so that would make it that much harder for *him* to feel like I'm sexy! I guess that might be true for any weight, that's an internal thing. I am feeling better and better as the lbs go down.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 03:58 PM   #13  

I just printed that, and I'm going to be hanging it over my computer (where I spend too much time ignoring exercise equipment behind me), and in a couple of other places where I need to see it.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 10:57 PM   #14  

Love it
Just printed it and taped it to my monitor where I'll see it often!
cinnni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:00 AM   #15  
What we think, we become.

Default That is great

I haven't seen the commercial. But that is definately the best reason to lose weight.

Others for me....

Definately would like to be called HOT much more.
Want my son to be proud of his mom when I go to his school. Is that possible?
Want energy
Want to enjoy picking out what I am going to wear every morning.
Want to set a good example of health for my family.

My list could go on for ever. So why don't I do it??? I will though
girly is offline   Reply With Quote