Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 10:54 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Menu for Monday, Feb. 7

What's going on? I'm staying home today to wait on the plumber, and don't want to cook because I can't clean up! (Great excuse, huh? ) Anyway, after the plumber leaves, DH wants to go to lunch. Um ... so I guess that means ...

Breakfast: none

Lunch: something really bad (well, tastes good but is bad for me)

And dinner: Leftover soup
Old 02-07-2005, 11:06 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

We just got rid of the Pella Door people and now I want to go stress eat. I'll try to be good though!

Breakfast: Oatmeal with skim and homemade applesauce

Lunch: Big mixed greens salad with broiled chicken, avocado, FF cheddar, eggs, black olives, cucumber, tomato and FF Honey Dijon. Fresh fruit salad (I can get whatever I want so I'll probably be having grapes, blackberries, and strawberries). Hot decaf tea.

Dinner: I have no earthly idea yet. Not good that I haven't planned yet.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:07 AM   #3  

b: puffed wheat with a banana
s: rest of the banana
l: leftover taco salad (core except for the few baked tortilla chips crushed in)
d: diet coke sloppy joes and corn

Angela
Old 02-07-2005, 12:01 PM   #4  

Food for 2/7:
breakfast - oatmeal and hb egg
lunch - chicken breast and ww couscous
dinner - subway veggie sub, hb egg, and some kind of fruit
snack - something after I get home tonight

Exercise for 2/7:
1 hr Nia class, some walking at lunch
Old 02-07-2005, 12:39 PM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Arrow Monday's Menu

I sometimes wish I didn't have to eat at all.....what a bother!

Breakfast:
4 oz container ff/sf nectarine yogurt (yummy w/little pieces of fruit)

Snack:
1 banana
decaf w/lite cream

Lunch:
Big container of homemade soup - barley bean tomato vegetable
1 apple

Snack: Veggies w/dip (cucumber, radishes, baby carrots)
another yogurt if required?

Dinner:
that roast chicken I made last night
probably brocolli &/or squash and baked potato

Snack:? popcorn??

Feeling fat today!

Froufie
Old 02-07-2005, 12:39 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Breakfast
chocolate yogurt 3 pts
banana
milk
Lunch
Boca vegan burger
carrots
Grape tomatoes
Ketchup
snack Fiber 1 with milk

Dinner
Pork chops with Tomatoes and Brown rice with red beans and tomatoes

Last edited by KO; 02-07-2005 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:19 PM   #7  
PinkBrideToBe

Red face

So yesterday was the superbowl and well I pigged out on this huge fat hamburger with the softest bun... but I guess it had tomato and lettuce on it And.. I had 3 drinks... rum and diet coke.. but back on the wagon today. Honestly, I felt like I deserved it a little bit. A year and a half ago I bought the cutest dress.. strapless, black, with a soft pink ribbon under the boobs.. and I couldn't get that think zipped up HALF way when I started WW... (Jan 1), BUT! Today... I zipped it all the way up And it didn't even rip. I can't wait to continue on with my diet

Menu today....

Breakfast - shredded wheat with skim

Lunch - weekly batch of chili with the unbelieveable corn bread recipe I got from here!

Dinner - going to try the stuffed peper recipe!

Snack tonight... (It's my night off... ) FF popcorn and diet wild cherry pepsi!
Old 02-07-2005, 02:58 PM   #8  

Yay for the dress, Bride! You go!!

We ended up going to Cracker Barrel, which could have been an unholy disaster but I was actually (sorta) good. I had a vegetable plate with corn, pinto beans, and fried okra. Okay, I know the fried part was bad, but it was a veggie! And only one biscuit, and no coke -- I had water! So I guess it could have been much worse since DH had chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy! Oh, there but for the grace of God go I!
Old 02-07-2005, 03:04 PM   #9  

Way to go, Pink, on your NSV with the black dress! That's always a great feeling ... when you can actually SEE the results of your hard work! You go, girl!

Froufie, feeling fat is NOT allowed. I had a dear overweight friend who always referred to herself as "fluffy". You can feel fluffy, if you want to. Fluffy Froufie sounds kind of nice anyway, don't you think?

My eating has been good so far today but I am contemplating all kinds of emotional eating later in the day. But so far I've been good ...

B: Corn meal/oat bran/wheat bran muffin
grapes
1 1/2 ounces Canadian bacon
S: SF/FF yogurt w/lime jello powder
L: Big salad w/diced turkey and cheese (points)
D: Hamburger muffins
Sugar snap peas
Salad
Wild rice/wheatena pilaf (new recipe ... we'll see how it tastes)
S: Heavenly lemon parfait (another new recipe ... it tasted good when I sampled it!)
Old 02-07-2005, 03:07 PM   #10  

Kathy, I think your meal at the Cracker Barrel showed remarkable self-control. I myself would have devoured what you had, plus part of the country fried steak, and finished off with some chocolate cobbler a la mode! Mmmmm!! Besides, it WAS healthy food and I think your meal fit into your new maintenance approach just fine!
Old 02-07-2005, 03:13 PM   #11  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Oh Gosh - I'm starving now! Having my veggies and dip - and some hot tea to fill the big void!

Kathy - I agree that you did pretty good considering all the temptations around you - I would not have had your strength!

Bride - congrats on the dress - it sounds so cute!!!

Deborah - hope you can find time to post the muffin recipe - were they good? how many points?

Thanks,

Fluffy Froufie
Old 02-07-2005, 03:45 PM   #12  
PinkBrideToBe

Thanks for the encouragement! I absolutely love this board... it gives me peace to rad how well everyone is doing and to see such friendship and advice "Fluffy" people are the nicest of them all
Old 02-07-2005, 03:58 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Kathy Good For You at Crackerbarrel I would have gone for the Grits and cheese and whatever else could raise my cholesterol by looking at it
Bride isn't that the best feeling! When is your wedding?
I definitely like fluffy instead of fat/bloaty. . . one problem though Fluffy is the word i use for fancy coffee aka a latte is a fluffy coffee
Old 02-07-2005, 06:39 PM   #14  

You guys are the greatest! Now I must confess that one reason I stayed in-check was because DH eats very fast. If there had been any of his CFS by the time I finished my veggies, I would have probably borrowed a bite or two!

So for dinner, I heated up last night's soup. I am making my plan for the week and hope to be very very good. I am really so tired of playing with these last few pounds. It's time to either get serious and lose it, or chuck it all and regain everything. Now hmmmm, wonder which one I should do???
Old 02-07-2005, 08:55 PM   #15  

Trust me, Kathy ... regaining it all is not an option. I just got done doing that and so here I am again ... same song, different verse. Of course, we all know you are just a bit frustrated and wouldn't dream of giving up on Core. However, Froufie has the rolling pin in her hand and is feeling the need to bop someone else besides me for a while!

Froufie, I myself don't count points for the breakfast muffins since the oat bran I use is only oat bran (no sugar, no salt, no nothing but oats) and the wheatena stuff is nothing but wheat (crushed wheat, wheat bran, and wheat germ). They are both hot cereals so I can't possibly imagine why they would not be Core. I can't see myself ever considering oat bran or Wheatena trigger foods! So, in this instance, I'm tweaking Core to suit myself! If you really want to know the points, I'll run the recipe through the recipe builder at the WW site and let you know, okay?

I can't quite make up my mind if I'll make them again or not. Mine turned out very dry and not very sweet so if you're good at tinkering with recipes, you might be able to make something out of them. Of course, I omitted several ingredients from the original recipe (like blackstrap molasses and honey) which could possibly have something to do with how they turned out! And you can't taste even a hint of fruits in these muffins so I think if I do make them again I will add frozen blueberries or strawberries and at least another 1/2 cup of Splenda. On the plus side, they did stay with me for most of the morning and were a nice change from hot cereal and/or eggs.

Fruit Muffins

1 cup corn meal
1 cup oat bran
1 cup Wheatena (or wheat hot cereal)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1 cup crushed pineapple
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup FF milk
1 egg
1/2 cup Splenda

In large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In a small bowl, stir together wet ingredients. Add wet to dry ingredients and stir just until blended. Fill 12 large greased muffin tins and bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
Closed Thread