South Beach Diet - Monday Beach Chat 02/07

View Full Version : Monday Beach Chat 02/07

Mamacita
02-07-2005, 06:14 AM
Good morning, Chicks~~ :coffee:

I'm enjoying my last few mornings of being able to post with you all...As of Thursday, I'll be a late evening chick. :(

Got a lot accomplished yesterday in the kitchen. Made my veggie "lasagna". Layers of eggplant and yellow squash with SF marinara sauce and topped with some bruschetta, then baked very slowly. It looks absolutely magnifico!! ;)

The leek broth got made and sampled. Pretty tasty, but not something I want to have every single day of my life unless I dress it up with some chicken breast, a little salsa, and some brown rice with some chunks of avocado thrown in. (That's called Sopa Xochitl btw)

I also cooked some pinto beans in the crockpot to go with some kale and chard I bought.

Told you I went nutso at the farmers market. :lol:

I've been writing like a fiend, as well. I think I got about 10 pages written while dh watched the first half of the football game last night.

I'll be taking my Alphasmart with me to work and hopefully, it will continue to be a fairly slow pace so I can continue the momentum.

That's about it...dh will be wanting the 'puter soon, and I need to go drink my leek broth.

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita

Bamiegurl
02-07-2005, 07:07 AM
Mornin Mama.... Now I have a face to go with a name! Tell DH he has buildings to inspect no time for gamin! hahaha

Good morning all! I am tryin to get ready to go but I am slow this mornin. But I gotta get goin lots to do. I hope you all have a great day!

Mamacita
02-07-2005, 07:10 AM
Good morning, Bamie~

He just left for work...he got in a couple games of baseball... :rolleyes: I have about five minutes left before I head out. Just wanted to see who'd popped in while I was away.

HAGD~~

Mamacita

Nalaminu
02-07-2005, 07:15 AM
Good Morning ladies! I hope all are well.

Yesterday I held a baby shower for my sister-in-law. She is due very soon and is very ready to have that baby! We had a good time.

I am trying very hard to stay in a good positive mood. The atmosphere at work on Friday was hard for me to handle. Poor Margaret is having a very tough time since they found the crashed plane and noone is expecting to find survivors. Obviously she isn't at school, but everyone is thinking and talking about her and praying that she will make it through this tough time. I guess we are going to have grief counselors at school this morning from the district.

I don't want to be a downer here on the boards, but my problems and issues seem so insignificant compared to what she is going through. Your continued prayers are appreciated. Thanks for being such a loving and caring group of women! I hope you all have a great day.

/hugs
Nally

ellis
02-07-2005, 08:12 AM
Nally, you're not being a downer at all, hon. We all have rough times to get through... that's just life. It's part of who we are, and we're here for each other through the good times and the bad. :grouphug: Continuing prayers for dear Margaret.

Mama, that Sopa Xochitl definitely sounds better that leek broth. :lol:

Bamie, get going, girl! Had any coffee yet? ;)

I had a fun time last night with a group of girls... we went out to an Indian restaurant for an "anti-Superbowl" celebration. :) The food was AMAZING, and the company was great.
I'm just getting ready to see my psychi... must run... love you all! :grouphug:

little chick
02-07-2005, 08:23 AM
good morning chicks, sorry I was not around on the week end but I was busy sat and sunday I was feeling under the weather and we got the new puppy. Plus I have fallen off the wagon and am feeling a little ticked with myself. I have not been over eating just not eating the right things. Well I have to run for a bit and grab a shower before the baby comes for the morning or I won't get anything done. Then I have an app with the Dr for my yearly. I will check back in later.

Nally- my thoughts and prayers are with you friend. I could not even imagine what she is going through.

morning Bamie and Mama, and to the rest of you chicks to come.
Morning to you to Ellis we were posting at the same time.

Here is a picture of our newest addition.

ellis
02-07-2005, 08:30 AM
ooooh, Little Chick... he is such a little darling!! :love:
Get back on the wagon with me today, girl! :drill:

cottagebythesea
02-07-2005, 09:03 AM
What an adorable little puppy, L.C.! He'll have you all wrapped around his tiny paws in no time, if he hasn't all ready! You had company falling off the wagon over the weekend. I was at my DD's, and we ate out most of the time. I tried to stay OP, but I was just too weak I guess. And this after being really good on Phase 1 for 2 weeks! Oh well, today's a new day and a new start.
It was a pretty good game last night, I thought. I don't know a lot about football, but it looked to me like the Eagles fought hard. Our sports teams are cursed, and sooner or later some team has got to break it.
Ellis, it sounds like you had a good time at your "anti-Superbowl" party! It's so much fun to be out with our friends, and really makes you relax.
Nally, I'm really sad to hear about your friend. I've been following that story on the news, it's such a shame. I hope you get your test results back this week and everything is a go.
Bamie, is the coffee ready yet? I discovered I'm out of coffee so tea has to do til I go to the store. I don't like the coffee Jake drinks, my Senseo has spoiled me.
Mamacita, make sure you let us know if the leek broth thing works for you. It doesn't sound very appealing to me, but if it works I can do it for 48 hours.
Have I missed anyone? HAGD everyone!

Kiko, CONGRATULATIONS on expecting a baby girl!

Ruthxxx
02-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Good morning!

I actually slept until 7:15 this morning! It was so strange to wake up in daylight!

Mamacita and Bamie, I'm so glad you enjoyed your IRL meeting! Isn't it great to meet someone you already know pretty well from their posts? Next time take a tape recorder so we can hear you two speak.

Nally, yes, our pissy little concerns look pretty petty compared to what poor Margaret is enduring. I'm holding her in prayer.

Little Chick, I love the new baby! Do you have another dog too? I see one in the background. The best gift you can give a dog is another dog to play with.

Ellis, isn't the "spring" weather great? I actually walking around the back deck in my robe this morning and sipped my coffee. I hope it hasn't screwed the Canal for Winterlude!

Hi Cottage! I'm ticked off with myself too. My head says I'm OP most of the time but there have been several "transgressions" this past week. No gain, but no loss. By the way, I was cheering for your team last night. It looked like a pretty good game.

It was my online WW weigh-in this morning and I have not lost one darn pound and I know why! I've not been resisting the wine with dinner but today that all changes. I am stocking up on diet gingerale and cranberry and that's what will be in my wineglass.

I've not been doing too well on veggies lately (although not as badly as SOME people.) Today I think I'll cut up peppers, celery, carrots, fennel, broccoli and cauliflower and fill my 4 cup measure. I should be OK if I eat all those, right? I'm also planning veggies soup for lunch and beef fajitas with peppers and mushrooms for dinner so today should be a good veggie day. I am not keen on salads this time of year unless they are made with those lovely mixed greens which are not available in Delta.

I have to do some Fair Board work this morning and need to go out for an ink cartridge before I print it off. Geez, those things are pricey! I may just as well buy a new printer and get one free. On the way, I'll pop into the vet and weigh Lucy who seems to be plumping up a bit. Gotta keep those Girls in shape so they have a long and healthy life. My vet says overweight is the most common cause of disease in pets.

Gotta dash as Monday is well underway.

Hi to all the new folks and to those who peck in after me.

amb_lyn
02-07-2005, 09:17 AM
Good Morning Ladies~

Wow, we had springlike weather for 3days and today, we wake up to snow on the ground. UGH!! Is it Spring yet??!! I am soo ready.

Nally~I'm so sorry about your friend. I was thinking of her when I heard that a Topeka girl was on that plane as well. What those families, along with all the other families have suffered, i ca'nt even imagine. She will be in my thoughts.

Everyone else, GOOD MORNING!! It's Monday! Time to jump back on the wagon.

I too haven't done so well this weekend. I have regretted it though. So, time for no regrets, move past it and start the day anew. I will be OP again today. I didn't even weigh this morning as i'm afraid. You know, the scale isn't always so nice. Not much planned for me today, housework, housework, more housework, and then work. Oh ya, gotta have my nap in there, i'm sooo tired!! I'll check back in later!

Have a GREAT OP day!

Barb0522
02-07-2005, 09:27 AM
I guess I will call the Dr office when they open in 6 minutes and see if she can see me. My fever isn't that high right now but then it's only been a couple of hours since I took two Advil. I usually try to tough stuff like this out since it's probably viral and there is nothing she can do.

Nally - so sorry to hear about your friend. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

ellis
02-07-2005, 09:31 AM
I hope it hasn't screwed the Canal for Winterlude!

WHO CARES!!! :lol3:
Ruth, I thought of you the other night... DH and I walked up to Centennial Park and had a beaver tail. Half-way through, it turned to sawdust in my mouth. (yes, I ate it anyhow)
Hugs for you and Harry and the Girls.

Amber and Cottage... come on, girls!! Let's have a really good OP day to start off the week!! :hat:

ellis
02-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Oh, Barb... I missed your post... I'm glad you're seeing the doctor, hon. :yes: Take care. :grouphug:

Rayneysmom
02-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Good Morning All :coffee:

Ruth~ to be sure you are not referring to veggie haters like myself :lol: I am trying anyway. Can't get the old chick peas down though. 7:15 huh??? I remember those days. Of course they were pre-Rayney :lol:

Mama & Bamie ~ Glad you two had a great time. Hope to see some pics soon.

Nally ~ Tell Dear Margaret that I'm praying for her. I cannot imagine what **** she is going thru. :grouphug:

Cottage ~ Good game but nothing impressive. I think that is the first Superbowl in 15 years in which I saw no really GREAT plays. It was like watching a scrimmage in my opinion. I was pulling for the Eagles, but they absolutely FELL APART. Could have done much better but at least they only lost by 3 points rather than the 10 or 12 point spread that just about everyone thought. Oh Well, I think all that I gained from that was a pound or two from all the foods that were non-Beach. Back OP today but feeling miserable. Those cookies were good at the time, but now I'm paying for it. :o

Ellis ~ What exactly is a Beaver Tail? I assume it is food of some type, but with the sawdust comment, I'm not sure :lol:

Barb ~ So sorry you are feeling under the weather. I ran a fever with my sinus infection a couple weeks ago. So maybe it is bacterial. Hope you feel better soon :grouphug:

Amber ~ Way too chipper for a Monday girlie :coffee:

Well not much to tell here - work, work and more work. Have you done this yet, have you seen that, where do we keep the----- etc, etc.

Hope you all have a great day. Supposed to be around 64 degrees here today. Maybe spring will come soon.

Will check back in later - Have a great day on the beach :D

anchor weight
02-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Morning all!

Happy Monday. I stayed up too late watching football. Actually being a Marketing person for 16 years I really just watch the commercials and a little football. :lol: DS and I had a date last night, my parents went to a football party. We had beef tenderloin, king crab legs and salad. We haven't done that since we moved into DM & DF's house. He's getting better at cracking crab legs. Probably not very OP but we had fun. They always have crab legs on sale on Superbowl Sunday.

I survived the lonely weekend without cutie pie. It really is the best that this just go away. I just got rid of an emotional rollercoaster marriage that lasted 13 years, I really don't need to develop a co-dependent relationship with someone who is riding an emotional rollercoaster. Thanks for all your support!

Bami & Mama - PICTURES? Where are they?

Naly - You hit it right on the money. I made myself think about your co-worker when I was trying to feel sorry for myself this weekend. She is in my prayers.

Oops got to run - student needs assistance. I'll peep back in later and post to everyone!

RNMOM
02-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Nice to see that you all are behaving. After 7 days in a row of being at the hospital, either in required recertifications or in the ER I finally have a day off today. I feel like a slug.

I've been pretty good with eating, just not enough veggies and water. I avoided a superbowl disaster yesterday at work. We potlucked and I brought a really naughty dessert....and didn't taste it. I assume it tasted ok because everyone was raving. I just had some sugarfree/fatfree pudding with cashews in it.

Anchor, sorry about the cutie pie guy. I'm sure there are herds of them out there that will be perfect for you. YOu just gotta round up the ones you wanna check out and cull the rest. Sounds like you're being smart.

Rayneysmom, chick peas have never passed these lips either, yuk! I'm trying to "love" veggies more too.

Barb, you NEED to be seen by the doc. This has gone on long enough! Do I need to come over there and stick a sharp shiney object into your gluteaus to get you better???

amb_lyn, we didn't have springlike weather, but the snow was melting. We got dumped on overnight. I think it's OK to avoid the scale every once in a while.... :D

Ruth, my you did sleep in late! How did the girls let you get away with that? You inspired me to measure out my veggies for the day and eat at them all day......I think I'd rather eat brownies but I'll behave. Will the lust for brownies and gooey chocolate stuff ever go away?

cottage, it doesn't sound like you bruised yourself too much falling off the wagon over the weekend. Aren't Mondays great?

little chick, hope you get feeling better. Have fun at the doctors'......

Nally, that is so nice of you to have a baby shower. Sounds fun. Prayers are with you and your friend.

Bamigurl, you wouldn't have so much to do if you stayed around the house once in awhile.... :D instead of galavanting around meeting people....can you tell I'm envious. I wanted to be there! :D

Mama, your veggie lasagna sounds yummy. You did goes nuts at the farmers market. I may try the leek thing...I just would like it better if they named it something else besides leeks....ewww. Kinda like chickpeas....why would you eat something named like that?? :lol:

Ellis, sounds like your party was fun. I like your atitude. Once I got home from work I fell asleep. I'm not much of a sports lover anyway. Too much hype for me all those commentators commentating blah blah blah.

Hope you all have a great day!

beachgal
02-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Wow...so much to do today! I work in a career services office at a college, and my big career fair is in less than a month, so there is so much to do! :hyper: Sorry for not posting to each person today... :(

Things are up and down but progressing forward, both weight and exercise wise. And I was able to get my paper done this weekend and celebrate with DH, so that was a good thing! :D

Hope everyone has a great day! :sunny:

Barb0522
02-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Don't worry, RNMOM. I kept trying to call. It took 45 minutes of busy signals to get through but I have an appointment for this afternoon.

Ruthxxx
02-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Oh Barb, I'm so glad. Let us know how it goes. We worry!

anchor weight
02-07-2005, 01:07 PM
I'm back!

Ellis - I love Indian Food. I used to work with a Dutch Chef who cooked Indian Food for us all the time! Yum!

Little Chick - Love the new baby! I love that stinky puppy breath. :lol:

Cottage & Amblyn - climb back on the beach! You can do it.

Ruth - I'm low on veggie too! I have to go to the store today and load up. I eat them if they are there!

Raneysmom - HI :wave:

RNMOM - Way to go at the potluck. I don't know if I could have done it.

Barb - Let us know!

Laurie - I'm a little afraid to weigh in this week. However I'm feeling slimmer. Thanks for the info on OA. I read their book and that is how I found out that fat can be just as addicting as sugar and they both work in unison together to trigger each other. The book gave me a solid basis from which to work from. I just have to keep my emotions in check and journal when I have stressful problems.

I read about the no mama and bami pictures. :(

Take care everyone!

kissyjoy
02-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Good Morning Chicks!

Mama-You definitely went crazy at the farmers market but it is all good for you! Not to sure about the leek soup....not sure if I even like leeks???? It was great hearing about your meeting with Bamie. Glad to hear that neither of you are internet stalker weirdos! :lol:

Nally-So sad about your friend. I can't imagine what she's going through. My prayers are with her. Glad you were able to celebrate a new life that's coming into this world with your SIL.

Ellis-Glad to finally hear an update with your kitchen! Sounds like you need a little motivation! We put beadboard in our dining room after ripping down wood paneling. Whoever put up the wood paneling used that nasty glue so we ended up scraping the wall down and re-mudding the whole thing. I hated it but it's so much better than that nasty wood paneling that was there!

LC-Your new baby is sooooooo cute! Good luck with the appt.....I have mine next week! :p Get back on that wagon...YOU CAN DO IT!

Cottage-You can do it too! Get back on that wagon! Don't let the nasty food win! Everytime you reach for something bad, think of yourself in that one piece of clothing that you want to wear. Ask yourself if that food is worth jeopardizing you in that new bikini or miniskirt!

Ruth-Good for you for trying to change your wine for a bit and trying to add back in more veggies. Maybe your little Lucy needs to go on SBD :lol: ! It is important to keep your pets within a healthy weight range. My sister's cat was just really sick due to his weight. He developed crystals in his urinary track. My sister didn't get it treated quick enough and it developed into a kidney infection. The vet said that overweight animals can develop the crystals easily. My sister ended up giving him an IV at home everyday but he was not expected to live. Somehow, he did just come out of it and is just fine. He's actually more lovey than he's ever been. Maybe he knows he got that second chance.

Amber-Good job on getting back OP today. Keep on it! Can't imagine the snow that you all have. It's a bit cloudy today with a small chance of rain but still a good 60-something outside!

Barb-I look forward to hearing what the doctor says. Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest!

Rayneysmom-Don't care for chickpeas, huh? Have you tried the roasted ones? They are really good...especially when they get extra crunchy. I wasn't too sure about them either and then I tried them. They really are good! I was pulling for the Pats yesterday and was pretty happy that they won. It was a competitive game though. McNabb didn't look good at all. I think he pretty much lost that game. Maybe his mom didn't bring him his chunky soup? :lol:

Anchor-Your date with DS sounds like fun. At least you didn't have to worry about all those problems on a date with DS that you have to worry about with cutie-pie! :lol:

RNMOM-Good for you for avoiding those foods yesterday. I did the same thing! Try to get some rest...you must be exhausted!

Beachgal-Hope things are progressing downward on the scale and upward with exercise! It's about time the scale move for you!

Me-I'm extremely proud of myself for staying OP this weekend. I made several OP things to take to my sister's house yesterday. I stayed away from most of the bad stuff (oh how yummy those enchiladas looked)! I did have a bite of my sister's 3 cheese garlic scalloped potatoes (how could I not?), a small bite of a brownie and small bite of carrot cake. Otherwise, I passed on the chips, Chex mix, and all the other bad and evil things that were there.

I spent Saturday doing my grocery shopping then pulling down the ceiling in the kitchen. We had to take down all the drywall so that we could get the plumber to tell us if we could raise the pipes a bit. That way our ceiling would be raised a good 7". Sounds like it's going to be a go. If I thought my kitchen looked bad before, it's nothing to what it looks like with the ceiling and lights. DH strung a 4' flourescent light up to give us some light and that's about it. There's also paper down to protect the tile on the floor. It really looks terrible in there! I guess it has to look ugly to end up looking pretty!

Good news this morning for me....the scale has FINALLY moved. It's not much at 0.8 pounds but at least it's something! I'm kicking up the exercise this week. I did Tae Bo this morning even though my kitties didn't want me to get up. Tomorrow I think I'll do the butt-muscle-pulling video. I want to get through it without looking like I rode a horse for a week! Friday night, I had to have DH rub some Icy-Hot on my rear. :lol: It felt a ton better the next morning!

That's it for now! I'll try to check back in a little later!

HunnyBee
02-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Good Morning!

Well I had an eventful weekend since I was alone. Everyone wanted me to be busy I guess. LOL... :o I did pretty good except at the Comedy Club well, I went a little wild with the Diet Rum and Cokes... my fave. IM OP today and did my best! Even worked out this weekend.

DP should be home tonight. I missed him lots. I hope court works out okay. Im nervous for him... :(

The Weather is Awful here... ice storms and everything. We had delayed reporting and will prolly have early release so we all survive to work another day. ;)

Have a great day OP!

Rayneysmom
02-07-2005, 04:15 PM
CJ ~ Yeah, I tried the roasted chick peas. Just tasted like dried out pea powder to me :lol: . Maybe I'll just stick to the Pecans I roast instead.

Not much going on around here for a Monday. I keep waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop :lol:

I think McNabb needed more than Chunky Soup last night. He needed to swallow some Energizer Bunnies :lol: God, they played hard in the beginning, but it looked like they got so TIRED all of a sudden. Oh well, I'm only out about $20. I bet someone that the Eagles would win. NOT :p

:wave: Amy

Elllis ~ Enjoy some of that wine for me ;)

Barb0522
02-07-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm back from the doctor (and I didn't get any shots!). He said it is the flu and wanted to know why I wasn't in their office Saturday morning. I explained I had to work but I didn't mention that I had to help run a Cub Scouting event that morning! I also didn't think it was the flu since I didn't have any aches.

In any case, I do have weezing so he gave me Aerobid for that and told me that if I get worse later this week to get right back since he is seeing a lot of cases of pneumonia following the flu.

I guess I'll be working for home for at least another day or two.

Bamiegurl
02-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Barb... Stay in bed! No workin from home no workin period! REST REST REST! Or you will never get over it! Prayers goin your way! (and DS that he don't catch it!)
Back from takin Mom home. I am wore out. I am ready for bed. I have muscle that keeps actin crazy in my back and I just want to lay down! (WINER) lol Atleast they did everything in the a.m. so I didn't have to take her back in the afternoon. Have a good evening all.

cottagebythesea
02-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Barb, I'm glad you finally got in to see the Dr. Now it's time to take care of yourself for a change, and get some much needed rest!

tazcat
02-07-2005, 11:04 PM
If I could type fast and didn't have so much trouble spelling this would be a long post....
Well it looks like I am going to be moving to my town house, my neace had a bad house fire Saturday night, so I am going to move out of this house and let her family use it until there house is ready, about 3,4,5,? mo. They have 3 boys and a dog, good news they all are safe.
Her mom said to me, oh my God, I hope the rest of this year is better, look what has happened already. I said to her, oh Margie, I hope the rest of the year is as good as it has been already, Ken died Jan. 3rd, Thank you God his suffering is over, Terry's house was on fire, thank you God, they all got out safely, and the dog is ok. We do have so many things to be thankful for.
During that fire I tripped over a hose and hurt my arm and shoulder, I think it is time to resign from the dept.....

I lost 6# the first week......

Well off to bed will drop notes when i can,
Praying for you all, God is wonderful, He knows our needs .
Find thanks in everything,
Love Taz