Old 02-06-2005, 04:16 PM   #1  
Hang In There

Default Way Over 40 # 13

Thought it was about time for a new thread. Only 1 more week untile Valentines... This year is already flying by

Candice: So sorry to hear about your mom.You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Siwa: We went to Santa Fe a couple of years ago. It was a very interesting trip. We have been to Albuquerque fairly often, but our favorite in that area is Flagstaff AZ That is a very interesting town.

Alice & Katey: I have read a lot of the Nora Roberts/ JD Robb books. Some of them I like, some not so much, but I did like the futuristic ones. Right now I'm reading can't think of his first name! ) Robert?? Parker He's the one who does the Spenser series, and then he has another series with a detictive name something Stone, and the one I'm reading now is a female detective call Sunny Randall. It's pretty good.

Okay Grannie Annie, you don't write OLD!!! Hope all of your doctors appointments go well,

I've been sick this weekend. I don't know if it's the stress catching up with me, or a bad sinus infection, or my SjS, but somethings got me going. This is the first time I've misses church on Sunday in I can't remember when. I'm feeling some better today, but not great!

Berniece, you still liking Florida? Has anyone heard from Elaina lately?

Well, I guess I'll end now. Have a great week.

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:18 AM   #2  

Hi all,
It's been a busy week here so I haven't had time to pop in. Looks like everyone else has been busy too.

Alice: Thanks for the WW tips. When I went they didn't have the activity points. I have increased my portions a little, but still eating healthy. I keep a check on the Florida weather. Looks like you've had a pretty nice week. Hope you're doing well.

Barb: Haven't gotten to the J.D. Robb futuristic book that I've got yet. I'm reading a Tami Hoag, Kill the Messenger. I love Robert Parker books!! Enjoy.

Siwa: How is your Italian class going?

Ann: Have you started Curves again? You're probably very busy with your music right now.

Elaina: We miss your posts! How was your trip?

Candice: Prayers are still with you. Post when you feel like it.

Bernice: Do you still have company?

A sunny but cold morning here. We had more snow on Wednesday, but at least it covered all that dirty stuff that had started to melt. It looks fresh and clean again.

Have a great weekend everyone and a Happy Valentine's Day on Monday! Try to stay away from the chocolate

Kate
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:12 PM   #3  
Member Florida Chick

Hi all: Just been busy as I guess everyone else is. I've been to Curves twice a week. I feel some twinges in incision if I go three times a week now. so am just increasing my walking on those days I don't go.

Not too much new going on with us, but it just seems the days fly by. Made some great black bean soup today, and DH doesn't like it. So I say - 'all the more for me'
Haven't even had time to do much reading lately. Been working on taxes. What a job. And I only get stuff ready for our accountant.

Hope you all have a good weekend. Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 07:38 AM   #4  

Good morning,

I've had my best friend visiting for a few days. She is down here visiting her son, who doesn't live very far from me. So, she stayed here for a couple nights, and during the days we literally shopped until we dropped. Bernice, she & I were shopping in downtown Venice on Wed., going into those little shops on Venice Ave. We did 2 malls in 2 days. She left Fri. afternoon to go back to her son's house. They all went away for the weekend, but she'll be back there on Sun. We're planning on getting together Mon. for a last visit before she heads back to NH.

Barb, sorry to see that you weren't feeling well. Hope you're feeling better by now. I really like the futuristic JD Robb stories. Right now I'm reading Quentins by Maeve Binchey. I like her books too. I have heard of Robert Parker, but never have read his books.

Ann, we're getting some colder weather again. It got down into the mid 30's last night. Is it as cold where you are? The days are simply beautiful once the sun comes out.

Kate, please let us know if eating a bit more healthy food helps in your weight loss. I never ate my activity points because I thought that if I didn't, my weight would come of a little easier. Did you get any of that storm that hit New England on Thurs./Fri.?

Hi everyone.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Alice
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 02:05 AM   #5  

Thank you all for your condolences, means alot to me Trying to get through stuff of mom's I had shipped to me, lots and lots of photo's of the old days and trying to figure out who is who. I got some linens washed up and ironed, and some clothes washed and still need to be put away. I hang on to way too much stuff, always have been a pack rat! So many memories, just can't believe she is gone. I think it will hit me when I go back home and she is not there and all her stuff in the house is gone too. My brother has decided to not sell for a while, the house she left to him since he took care of her and kept it up. Mom and dad built it in 1946 and it is the only place we have called home. Nothing fancy just a two story brick on the old side of of town now. Here is a link for the house....I will have more pitures ready later. I'm in a lot of pain do to overdoing but it will slow down, had to get to the dentist for my cleaning and get the cats in for their shots, next is my gastroenterologist (sp) then the endoscopy, and then the eye doctor and then my son will be home for break again. Then time to plant flowers again! Ha! Yes I'm getting old like you all ha! Young at heart we are though

http://www.photoworks.com/share/shar...6FB1BA90&cb=PW

Last edited by Candicej; 02-13-2005 at 03:53 AM.
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:55 AM   #6  

Old 02-14-2005, 10:32 AM   #7  
Citizen of the World

CANDICE--It ssounds like you're doing quite well. Teh slow method of going thru the photos is a good thing. You can relive all the good times with happy memories. Your grandparent's house looks like a fun place to have been a kid and how wonderful to have lived just next door to them. I didn't have that luxury and I would have liked that. My grandparents didn't live so very far away but still I couldn't just stop by after school. ---- I keep saying that in only 2 months I'll be back in the garden! We can dream, can't we?

KATE--My Italian class is going fantastically! I love the teacher (we all do). We are a class of 11 women and the teacher is female as well. She's very enthusiastic and bounces around the room AND---best of all I'm learning Italian. You may remember that 2 yrs ago I took Italian at the same school but with a different teacher. I didn't like his teaching style and I didn't learn to speak. We learned to read but not speak. This class is totally opposite and it's wonderful!

It's only 9:30 am and I've already had a very nice Valentine's Day. I got up at 7:00 to go to Curves and DH sprang up and immediately went outside to blow the new snow we had overnite. We had 55 degrees on Sat and snow Sunday nite! Then when I came home I found a gorgeous heather plant and card waiting for me. DH had been asking if he could take me out for dinner tonite but since I'm on a losing streak I declined. Then he asked if he could at least buy me some candy or a heart shaped cookie. I asked that all those luscious things wait for another time so he found another way around the roadblocks I kept giving him. I'm very happy with the heather plant. They are so lovely and even after I've forgotten to water them they keep their dried blooms for a very long time.

Hope all of you receive just the right things on Valentine's Day.
Siwaoasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:48 AM   #8  

A quick hi.....I'm looking out the window at bright sunshine and blue sky Boy, that makes me feel good! It's supposed to get into the high 40s today. It's really been feeling like spring is around the corner, but I know not to get my hopes up. We've had some real bad snowstorms in April.

Candice: Your flower pictures just add to my good mood! They're beautiful! I can't wait to be able to get in my garden again. This year I'm planning a whole new area. Got to start looking at catalogs.

Siwa: Glad that you're enjoying your class. It helps so much when you have a good teacher. Now you'll have to plan a trip to Italy. DH gave me a gift certificate for Valentine's Day to get a pedicure. Can't wait to use it....that's so relaxing!

Alice: Glad that you had a good time with your friend. You sure did lots of shopping....did you buy? I have been eating a little more and I lost another pound. Right now I'm just feeling so committed to my exercise. I can see a difference in how I look even though the scales aren't moving very fast. We didn't get much of that storm last week...only about 4 inches which has since melted. They predicted a lot more, but once again they were wrong

Ann: I love soups. We're having a soup day at work on Friday. We'll have a lentil one and a broccolli. I'm bringing in salad and someone else will make bread. No dessert for me, but they're having a cherry pie and a chocolate cake that's made in a crockpot. I hate tax time. I let DH get stuff together for that.

Well, need to get back to work. Have a wonderful week everyone. I'll check in again before my long weekend!

Hi Barb, Bernice, and Elaina

I didn't cave to chocolate yesterday...2 people gave me pieces and I passed them along to someone else

Kate
Old 02-15-2005, 03:51 PM   #9  

Hi all, Weather here is gorgeous and the company has started. Don't seem to accomplish much but am spending days floating in our pool which is heated to 88-delightful. Am working on decorating my bedroom and using both decorating den and calico corners.l Hope by the time we go North the house will be finished. Candace-Condolences on the passing of your Mom. I have basement of memories Between grandparents and parents on both sides. Picture albums and loose pictures in bags, I know I will never organize them. I laugh when I go to antique stores and see other families pictures for sale and fiqure that's where all our stuff will land up in a estate sale and maybe on someones walls. LOL
Alice,Haven't forgotten you but dd and friend have been here and the middle daughter and husband and delicious Eric the wonderful are coming Friday so it will be at least another week before i CALL. gLAQD YOU HAD YOUR FRIND OVER. Going b ack in the pool- Just think it's Feb 15th-Yeah! Bernice
muffinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:15 PM   #10  
Citizen of the World

BERNICE--How fun to have your own pool--and even better how great to be using it in February. I've always dreamed of having a pool. I don't like the neighbors having a pool cuz it causes the kids to scream a lot--even tho they're in high school now.
Siwaoasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 09:03 PM   #11  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone:
Candice: Loved your flower photos, and also your family home looks like a nice cozy place to grow up in. Glad you are doing well. I know it is a harad thing to lose your Mother. Been there done that, but as you say photos, and memories keep her alive.
Nice snow, but glad I'm in Fl, without any.

I still haven't made it to the pool. It is so crowded, since we are sharing it with the park next door, who lost their clubhouse and pool from the hurricanes. And I do like it warm, before I go in. Just a hot house posy, I guess.

I caved with some dark chocolate for Valentines day, but that is supposed to be good for one, if you don't go overboard.

Kate: Congratulations on your 'won't power'.

Berneice: Guess you are finding out that Florida living draws company like a magnet. But it is fun.

Siwa: A heather plant sounds very nice. My poor DH asked me what I'd like for Valentines day, and then proceeded to put it all right out of his mind. So we went out for dinner to a Japanese restaurant, where they cook right in front of you. It was fun, and not too bad in the diet department.

Our shsow rehearsals are coming along nicely. We only have about 3 full weeks of good rehearsal time. Then it is down to the wire. I enjoy doing it, but am always glad when it is finally over.

Tomorrow 3 of us are going to a Showtime day. A place where we can preview performers acts, to see if there is anyone that we would like to book for our activities. That is my job now, and it is a chore on one hand, and fun on the other. The problem is to choose acts that most people will like, not just what I like.:

Will check back probably Thurs. or Fri. Have some good days. Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 03:45 AM   #12  

I ate chocolate too!
Old 02-18-2005, 01:34 AM   #13  

Still eating chocolate!

Did make a big pot of bean soup too!

Last edited by Candicej; 02-18-2005 at 01:37 AM.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:19 AM   #14  

Good morning!

Candice: From the time of your posts looks like you must not be sleeping. Your soup sounds good. We're having Lentil/Barley soup today for lunch and homemade bread. The office is starting to smell sooooo good! I won't even tell you about the desserts, but I'm NOT going to have any.

Ann: Did you find some performers that you liked?
Bernice: Have fun with your grandson and family. Your pool sounds perfect.

We're back to winter. I have Monday off. Going out with friends tomorrow night to a real nice restaurant. I'm going to stick to something grilled and no sauces. Had a good weigh-in.....2 more #s gone

Hi Alice, Barb, Siwa Hope you're all doing well. Enjoy the weekend!

Kate
Old 02-18-2005, 11:58 AM   #15  

Default New to this group!

Well, I fit the description...over 40! 49 to be exact.

Went back and read a few posts...snow? Yup, here too. Grey/Blue today. Our nasty weather is supposed to be Sunday/Monday.

Florida? I love it there. As of matter of fact, I will be flying in on March 10 to the 15th. Can't wait. My sister lives there and she need help with the house she just bought.

I WAS on the SB diet last year and did quite well. I probably gained back about 8-9 pounds. I just can't seem to get a grip and get back on it. It's that sugar stuff...love sugar and anything sweet!

Later...
mkay is offline   Reply With Quote