3/4 blueberries
decaf w/cream
2 cups water

Lunch:
beef/barley cabbage soup
2 cups water
banana

Dinner?
probably chicken (boneless/skinless chicken breasts)
zucchini, mushrooms, onion
sweet potato

Later: probably popcorn and diet pepsi!

Froufie
Old 02-05-2005, 02:46 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

ARRRGGHHH!! I don't know!! There's nothing worse than being hungry and afraid to eat! For now I will drink water and continue to meditate.

Tomorrow morning I am making a big pot of Magical Leek Soup (comes from the "French Women Don't Get Fat" book) and eat that for Sunday and most of Monday ... it is a strong diuretic and then we'll see where I go from there.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:44 PM   #3  

Y'all know what a deplorable cook I am but I am so proud of myself. I made such a tasty supper, IMHO. Thought I'd share, in case someone feels like a change of taste!

Hamburger "muffins"

1/2 cup fine ground corn meal
1/2 cup FF sour cream
1/2 tsp baking powder
Salt to taste

Mix above ingredients and then spoon into muffin tin that has been sprayed with Pam. Spread ingredients around the sides to form a cup. Bake for 5 minutes at 375 degrees to set then fill with the following:

Mix 1/2 pound raw 96% lean ground beef, 1 egg, 1/4 cup steel cut oats, 1/4 cup frozen seasoning blend (onions, peppers, celery), 1/2 cup lime and garlic salsa ... or use your favorite meat loaf type recipe.

Spoon mixture into the corn meal cups and bake until done (about 30 to 45 minutes ... I didn't pay much attention ... just kept checking). Very tasty and filling. I think next time I make these I'll sprinkle with some FF cheddar.

The corn meal mixture only filled 4 large muffin cups but the meat mixture was enough to fill all 6 muffin cups.

I'm also thinking of adding wild rice to the ground beef instead of oats next time around and making those porcupine type meatball things. Or maybe mixing the beef with some black beans and corn for a Mexican type taste. I'm scaring myself with all these cooking ideas!

The corn meal muffin idea was posted by Nancy Lilly under celiac recipes from a recipe link I visited ... can't remember which one. The meat loaf idea is a variation on one I read from the Core main dishes recipe section here. Thanks to all for your inspiration!
Old 02-06-2005, 12:05 PM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wow Deborah - I am impressed - you'll have to make this for me when I'm there cooking up some of that delicious couscous for you! ha ha ha

Can't wait to try this!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 02-06-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:39 PM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

Arrow Sunday's Menu

If I only I could "taste" properly today!

Breakfast:
1 packet instant oatmeal w/ff milk
tea w/splenda

Lunch:
bowl of homemade soup (barley bean tomato?)
blueberries/strawberries w/yogurt

Dinner:
roast chicken
acorn squash
baked potato
brocolli

Have to go to FarmBoy soon (the local veggie/fruit place) to get some more veggies as we are out!

Frouf
Old 02-06-2005, 02:59 PM   #6  

Deborah, those muffin things sound great! I'll have to remember them!

Frouf, I hope your tongue recovers soon!

I'm making a pot of soup, so far it's potatoes, carrots, vegetable broth, leeks, a can of diced tomatoes, and all the spices in the kitchen! Simmering now, and smells very good. I'll portion it out soon into individual bowls and either freeze or refrigerate. I am going to the store soon and so I might add some corn if I remember to buy it.

When I was looking in the freezer for corn earlier, I came across a freezer bag with four spinach egg muffin quiches, so I dragged those out to thaw and can have them for two days of breakfast this week.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:55 PM   #7  
Card Carrying Princess

Your soup sounds yummy Kathy!!

I have been eating so strangely today.

Breakfast and lunch were as is.

In the pm went for some groceries and dh and I stopped at the coffee place and I had a decaf white moccacino w/whipped cream - a real treat!

Chicken in the oven but we both don't feel like it - so will probably have it tomorrow night. Eldest ds is into the superbowl thing so our kitchen is a frenzy of cooking: pizza, chicken wings, chips and dip and many other NON CORE snacks.

Had some cucumber, radishes, carrots and dip w/some smoked mackerel I got from the grocery store - I am presuming this is Core tho I have not checked.

Oh ya...and I also enjoyed the chicken liver from the roast chicken - yes I am weird as I actually LIKE LIVER!

I am hoping I have done eating for the day! Very low on water consumption too - hope to get back in the swing of things tomorrow!

frouf
Old 02-06-2005, 06:00 PM   #8  

Froufy = Liver Eater! Blechhhh!!!

I sense from your post that at least you and your DH are cordial -- you went somewhere together! For me, that would mean something good. Even though my DH and I supposedly get along, we are rarely in the same room together and hardly EVER go out in public together, i.e. movies, dinner, grocery shopping, etc. Maybe it's because we work together and get tired of each other? Who knows, but still I sensed some sort of "getting along-ness" with you guys. Is it better?

I added some cut-up round steak and corn to my soup. Now I'm letting it cool so that I can put it in individual dishes. DH is gone to the superbowl thing, little DD is still at work and big DD is upstairs resting up for the week. I guess I'll do some laundry and mop (sigh ... again!) the kitchen floor. It has been raining so Bindy the Wonder Dog has tracked in mud.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:09 PM   #9  
Card Carrying Princess

The steak and corn additions to the soup sound great! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. My soup is "distributed" now...two tupperwares for work - two in the freezer and the rest in the fridge for family eating!

As for dh and I - if I think too much about his "issue" with my weight I get REALLY REALLY depressed......I think he is trying to be nicer, but a lot of damage has already been done. When my eldest ds called on his cell phone last night as we were returning home w/groceries he was quite NASTY with him and of course for no apparent reason (except for my fatness?)... like "why are you calling on my cellphone and not your mother's?" (mine was off)..."why are you calling us?"..."what do you want?"...."do you realize it costs money to call us?"...."why do you need to know where we are?" (he had just come home from work around 6 pm to dark and empty house!)....so of course I had "issues" with dh over this - he just doesn't get it!!!!

Otherwise we're hanging in and still civil and we do go out together. I think he realizes he has hurt me and is trying to make up for it. Wanted to know about Valentine's day - asked where I wanted to go and says he will make a reservation for next sat nite..... and I await our March 1st appt w/new therapist!

Hope your kitchen floor survived Bindy...and I still have more laundry to do..sigh.

Frouf
Old 02-06-2005, 06:41 PM   #10  

Thanks for the well wishes for my kitchen floor -- alas, it is superbad right now.

I had peeled TWO potatoes this afternoon, put the peels down the disposal. All was well until just now when I was trying to flush something else down and noticed a clog. I went and got the plunger and all of a sudden my feet were wet. I opened the cabinet door and there was a gush of water. A pipe is leaking. Of course DH isn't home -- but I went ahead and turned the problem in to American Home Shield (our extended warranty company). Guess this means I stay home from work tomorrow waiting on the plumber.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:49 PM   #11  
Card Carrying Princess

OHNO - poor Kathy - what a bummer....I would freak if that happened! Did you know 6% of Americans will call in sick tomorrow because of the Superbowl (and it's after effects I guess? lol)....hope your plumber is available!

Good luck!

frouf
Old 02-06-2005, 06:55 PM   #12  

6%!!! That's a lot, IMO! My DH and his friends had already written themselves out for tomorrow "just in case" -- although when he left to go to the party, he said he was going to work tomorrow. Litle does he know that when he gets home tonight, I'll be meeting him at the door with thie news. And then ... ahhhhhhhh -- we get to stay home and in bed tomorrow! I guess bad news isn't all that bad if it gets you out of work on a Monday, huh?
Old 02-06-2005, 08:18 PM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, I LOVE liver. The only way I've ever eaten it is floured and pan fried. Yum, bacon AND onions please. Oh and mashed potatoes and corn with that please!!! One of my all time favorite meals that my Mother would make for me. You could cut her liver with a fork, it was so tender. I started eating liver before I realized that most of the world thought it was disgusting!

Kathy, I have American Home Shield too! Cracks me up when we find other things in common (like liver and insurance!) besides just our weight battles. I'm sure they'll get someone to come out. As a matter of fact, if I were you, I'd call now. Then you'll be on the list first tomorrow (in case plumbers are in shortage!).

As a Manager, it used to REALLY irritate me when employees would call in sick after the Super Bowl. I'd just really rather they would be honest with me. One year, I let my whole staff take off the day after and I covered for everyone.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:27 PM   #14  
Card Carrying Princess

Oh Vickie - you must have been a great boss - giving everyone the day off! Hoping I am not feeling crappy tomorrow - I will call in sick if necessary, but certainly not because of a football game!

Oh and liver and onions and mashed potatoes - one of my favorites - my dad made it great - very tender (most people tend to overcook liver, hence the resemblance to shoe leather). I too only realized when I got older that eating liver was not a common thing!

So I was back in the kitchen tonight - putting away the chicken - and had to eat again??? What's up with that? Bad Froufie - had 1/2 slice of bread w/peanut butter and a handful (GASP) of potato chips.

So I've probably used up many of my points - but in reality I realize this was nothing compared to what I would have eaten before! Also had another can of diet pepsi - which filled me up enuf so get me upstairs and away from further damage!

Frouf
Old 02-06-2005, 08:38 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hmmmmm....Frouf, you seem to be craving fat and salt. Is that nasty TOM around the corner? Don't worry. It's a big accomplishment that you are stopping sooner than you used to.

I think I was a good boss (if I don't say so myself!). I was hard but fair. I did alot to try to make their lives better whenever I could. I never gave my parents a hard time about kid stuff and their having to stay home. They always thought that was pretty cool since I didn't have kids of my own. I guess they thought I wouldn't understand. I'd also let them work at home if the weather was going to be real bad or if they had to stay home for appointments. Since I've retired, I've heard from some of them that they didn't realize how good I had been to them. You always miss what you had once it's gone.
Closed Thread