Support Groups - New Chicks, Old Chicks, Need a Buddy? Come on in!

gfmomx6
02-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Ok Chicks,
We need some new buddies, new challenges, new bodies for the new year! We all need support and encouragment, a kick in the rear end or just a laugh to get us going again when we make a pit stop. Jump in and tell us about yourself, what motivates you? What makes you pull over and take a break? What are your long term/short term goals? What scares you about this journey? We are all in the same race, just taking different roads to get there, but we can still be here for each other, COME ON!!

My name is Kathy, married 18 years in June. Mom of 6 wonderful kids-girls 19, 11, 9 and 4, boys 17 and 2. I quit smoking 3 years ago this April after smoking for 18 years. I started this weight loss race at 272 last July and am now at 234.5!!! My short term goals I call the "9's", I want to see the next 9 on the scale-229, 219, 209, well you get it!! My long term goal is 160. My motivation is I want off high bp meds, I don't want diabetes(runs in my family), I want to be here for the children of my children(I have a 2 year old, it will be AWHILE before he has children) and I don't want to be the FAT mom in my kids wedding pictures. I just really want to be healthy again!
What scares me? I don't think it really scares me but it pushes me- When I was at 272 I weighed more than my hubby, who is a large man. When I got down to 245, he decided he wanted to lose weight also. At that time he weighed 262. He is now down to 247! I don't want to weigh more than him again!! I need to get my rear in gear!!

Well I hope you decide to join in, it's always fun to meet new people.

Peace,
Kathy

oldwriter
02-05-2005, 02:02 PM
I found the new thread! :D

My name is Carol, I am 58 years young, a retired factory worker-now a writer of children's stories working on my first book.
I have a bf (Tom) of 11 years, 2kids Shawn 33 and Dawn 27. They are both married to great spouses and Shawn has 4+(1/4) children. Shawn and Crys live in NC, Dawn and Rick in Ohio as do I.

My top weight was 279, when I came to this site it was 275. I am not sure where I am as My bathroom is under construction and when done I will have this great level tile floor for my old heavy scales. :goodscale

I take a diet vitamin with ECGC in it - a great craving cutter.
I try to eat healthy and keep busy, I will soon have my house back and lots to do-decluttering, cleaning and painting. I will be able to set up an exercise room too. That and my office are upstairs, figure when my eyes are tired, I can hop on one of the machines-inherited most of them. :tread: :strong:

I want to get off meds(went from 3bp pills to 1/2) get my type2 diabetes under controll and find my body slowly so I don't have so much that is sagging. I want to wear clothes that are not in the womens size, I want to were clothes that have a waist. ;) This apple shape has got to go! :o

I want to have the health to write books that make kids smile. :)
I want to see my grandbabies grow up to be parents too.
Since my DD hasn't started hers yet, i'll have to hang around awhile. :lol:

Hey bandit, hope you find this thread too.
Let's enjoy our trip to thin land together.

Carol :coffee2:

GiddyupKaos
02-06-2005, 07:27 AM
Hi everyone!! Im new here and read this thread and thought I would post...
I am determine that 2005 is going to be MY year to get this weight off me!!
Im Selena, 40 years old, married for 18 years and have no children.
I am starting SouthBeach tomorrow..I would like to lose close to 100 pounds...I really need a buddy to keep me going...
I just wanted to say HI...I hope to post often...I have really enjoyed reading this board over the past few days..
Selena :)

lottie63
02-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Hi, I'm 25, happily unmarried to my bf for 10 yeas this march, no kids (I'm allergic!), just our baby fuzzy... :) (cat) and am ready to get down to my lowest adult weight! I weigh 250, my first goal is 190, my final goal is 175. I weigh in tomorrow...can't wait, I've been doing everything right so hopefully there will be a loss...my goal for february is to lose 8 lbs and walk 60 miles for the month, so far I've walked 19.80 miles. My motivation? I'm borderline diabetic...I don't want diabetes and yes it runs in my family. Also, I'm a 40 F and I need my boobs to shrink hardcore! Last year I lost 70 lbs and they only went down one size...augh it's aweful!

I hate weighing more than my bf too, he weighs around 225 so I had betta get to work...

oldwriter
02-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Hi Selena and Lottie, :wave:
Welcome aboard!
I have alot to lose too.
I also outweigh my bf and he's almost a foot taller. :o
I have large chest too, backbreakers. If I got skinny I would maybe go to a D but it would be a smaller D. Cup sizes use less material as we shrink.
Did you ever try on a coat too large and find how low the pockets are and how huge the hoods are? they act like our necks are giant size and the arm holes are almost to our waists. :eek: :lol:

I've thought about the South beach but haven't picked up the book yet.
Talk to you soon.

Tygrlilli5
02-06-2005, 01:05 PM
I am new to this site and so excited about the number of people that are willing to help support our cause. I look forward to the support and friendship of this site to make my journey over the next months an easier one. I, in turn, will help others as well.
I am a 51 year old female, that husband has left after 35 years of marriage. Thankfully our 5 children are grown, and I am able to concentrate on me. I have tried with some success the South beach diet and slipped on that during the holidays. I have not been able to get back on SB faithfully since. I have been reading the DASH diet since my doctor mentioned it, and I am going to give it a try starting Monday - February 7, 2005. My BP is being controlled by a daily diruretic, and I take Crestor to lower my cholesterol. I am still healthy but heading in the direction of not if I don't get me under control.
I look forward to some "Buddy" support, and will check back on FC daily.

Good Luck to all and thank you for this wonderful site

Denise

oldwriter
02-07-2005, 07:12 AM
Hi Denise,

What is the DASH diet? I don't think I could do the first two weeks of the SB diet.
I could jump in on the reg I think. I like the idea of choosing mostly low glycemic foods. Just learning good eating habits helps your health; but, losing makes a bigger difference.
I know what you mean about concentrating on yourself-kind of nice after years of putting what you want on hold. :) Too bad your hubby didn't stay to appreciate the new you. It will be his loss.

Welcome aboard.
Carol

Danicomia
02-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Hi there,

I found this forum by mistake, looking for some pictures through Google. :dizzy:
I have tried to lose the 30 pounds that are pulling me down since the birth of my third child. I am 41 y/o and this year I decided this is the serious attempt to lose the pounds. I am pretty active, I love doing Power Yoga, treadmill, Pilates. I have every workout equipment and Dvd's you can imagine at home, I just don't find the time to do anything without the kids interrupting me I also do daycare at home), so I mostly end up doing the treadmill 4 times a week.
I think belonging to a group where everybody is pushing for the same goal may be the answer for me. It will keep me motivated not to skip the daily workout.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-blue/yinyang02/lb/148/110/148/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Lizzibird
02-07-2005, 07:42 PM
I need a buddy. I feel like I don't fit in anywhere. I want to lose some weight, but my biggest goal is to stop emotional eating. I am 21 years old, Married for 1 and a half years. We have a 6 month old baby girl. I have managed to lose all my pregnancy fat, and am now a smaller size than ever, but I'm not satisfied. I walk 3 miles 5 times a week. I am really interested in the South beach diet, and would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!

gfmomx6
02-07-2005, 11:33 PM
WOW!! :D So cool to come in and see so many new people!! Glad you found your way here Carol!! Selena, Lottie, Denise, Danicomia, Lizzibird--I'm so glad you joined us. I hope we can all get to know each other and give each other the support and encouragement we all need on the journey to our better bodies!! I know I need some support right now :( It must be TOM, cause yesterday I ate SO much chocolate and today I can't get enough salt!! I weighed this morning and only gained 1/2# from last week, but I don't think the brownies I ate yesterday have caught up with my butt yet ;) I'll check it out again on Wed! I can't wait until next week when I get my new treadmill! I told my hubby the house would be a wreck for awhile cause I'm not gonna get off of it for days :lol: I love to walk , but it has been so cold I can't take the 2 little ones out, so I've been bummed-I HATE COLD WEATHER!! I was born and raised in the CA sun, it's COLD in Idaho! I would NEVER live in CA again, but I do miss the warmer weather. :blah: :blah: :blah: Okay, okay, I'll quit whining now :^:
Well, it's bedtime for these kiddos, and maybe mommy too!
See you all tomorrow and remember-
"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does
bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."
So come back again tomorrow!!

Peace,
Kathy

shaky_lady
02-08-2005, 12:02 AM
Hi all,

I came by to update my fat ticker (woo hoo!) and found this thread so I thought I'd say Hi. Boy can I relate to those of you who mentioned type II diabetes - avoiding that diagnosis is what got me started on my weight loss journey. I can honestly report that stabilizing your blood sugar and eating healthy really does make you feel wonderful!

I think, though, that the hardest part of losing weight for someone with blood sugar issues is that you're not fighting general hunger - you're fighting sugar crashes. And sugar crashes can't just be met by sheer will power alone - your brain is screaming for carbohydrates, and you feel downright ill if you don't eat them. That was the trap I was in for nine years after my first child was born - trying to lose weight by eating less, experiencing low blood sugar, and then overfeeding my shaking, nauseous body with carbohydrates to feel better. But I've found great success in the last year pushing my body away from blood sugar hunger and toward experiencing only real hunger - the kind of hunger you feel when it's simply time to re-fuel your body. If anyone else can relate to that, let me know! I'd be glad to give support and encouragement!

mythicgoddess
02-08-2005, 12:25 AM
Hellooooo everyone!! I'm so excited to be here because this means, THIS IS IT!!! I finally stepped my butt on the scale and saw 253. AARRRRGH!!! I am at my heaviest. I have HB and diabetes in my family and I don't want medication. I started today with choosing the right foods and quantity, as well as exercising. I am beyond determined to make a life style change. I want to be healthy for life. It's great to know that we are all in it together. So day 1 has gone by in success and I'm looking forward to day 2. Chat with you all later.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/heartbar/bear01/lb/253/130/253/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Christalynn
02-08-2005, 04:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm Christina, I'm in transition from WW to Slim Fast and countning calories..so far so good. I am having the same problem as I did with WW. I can't seem to eat enough. I work and go to school and getting ready to take a tennis class and violin lessons. I need to lose a total of 100 pounds but I think I can be comfortable at a loss of 90 pounds. I'm 30 years old and single so I don't have to worry about what someone else is going to eat. I only need to focus on myself.
Take Care

snoskater
02-08-2005, 04:44 PM
It is so comforting to come here everyday. All of us are in the same boat and, unlike in the real world, there is no one here to judge or point fingers. We are doing this together and I consider all of you my friends.
I usually stop by first thing in the morning and throughout the day...if I need a little inspiration or motivation! I could never do this dieting thing on my own and always believed in the past that to lose weight meant that you had to starve yourself. Because of all the knowledge I have learned here, I know now that starvation is NOT the way!! I have been on this new eating regimin (I hate the word diet)going on 4 weeks now and am still boggled that I am losing weight by eating! I have stopped eating all of the "no-no's" and have let new healthy food's enter my life. I am not on any particular kind of "diet", just try to stay with in 1200-1400 calories per day. I dusted of my Gazelle and even bought an exercise bike. Thanks everyone for being so supportive and thank you 3fatchicks for always being here when I need you! ;) Lisa

oldwriter
02-09-2005, 07:27 AM
Hi everyone. Just popped in to say Hello and Wecome Everyone! :) :wave:

Have workers comming in an hour so have to run. They will be done with new room in a few days. I will have my house back and plenty of exercise cleaning and painting and throwing things away. Used up nice closet for new bath/laundry.

Did take the dog for a nice walk till my hip started hurting. Will get better if I keep pushing it. Weather turning cold again-even for the little dog. :sman:

My old house will keep me busy-have to take down plaster in one bedroom. :rolleyes: Moving furniture to differnt rooms to work. Eventually I will be able to take the exercise equiptment from the shed to a room close to my office. Then when my eyes are tired- :tread: :strong: ;)

Got to run-have 40 min to get a shower and dressed :yikes:

Check in tomorrow! :balloons: :grouphug: :dancer:

gfmomx6
02-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Desire: What exactly do you want?

Defense: Are you prepared for the temptations that are bound to come your way?

Dedication: How hard are you willing to work?

Determination: How long are you willing to keep working?

Decision-Making: Are you willing to take total responsibility for the choices you make?

The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what we want most for what we want in the moment!

gfmomx6
02-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Good Morning everyone!
Welcome to Mythicgoddess, Christina, Lisa, Stephanie!! So glad you joined us, I hope you come back often. I hope we can get to know and help each other! :grouphug:
Stephanie-I am interested in learning more about blood sugar hunger/carb hunger, I think that is what I am going through? Any information would be very helpful!! Please share with us!!
Carol-Get the whip out!:rollpin: Tell those workers to step on it, you want your house back, you want your office back, you want to dust off your exercise equipment!
Lisa-I know what you mean about not having the knowledge of eating right. This site, and the wonderful people here, gave me the information I needed to lose 37 pounds. It hasn't been easy, but I haven't starved myself like I thought I needed to do. Good luck in this journey!
Christine-You are SO lucky to not have to worry about other people's eating habits while you are trying to get healthy! My kids who are still at home(2-11 years) have grown up with all the junk food we've allowed them to have. Now that we are trying to get everyone to eat healthy, they are going through withdrawals!! ;) They still get some junk, just not so much, so they grumble!
Mythicgoddess-Good job on day 1! Let us know how you are doing. Let us know where you are struggling and maybe we can help you through it!
Well, I've went on and on! Now I have to go clean house:eek: :faint: Talk to you all later!!
Peace,
Kathy

Christalynn
02-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Hey Gang,

gfmomx6- thanks for posting the 5 D's. I need to memorize it.

I am doing good. Had more snow yesterday :mad: I will be so glad when winter is over. People make fun of me because I don't like the winter..eventhough I've lived in Kansas my whole life :lol: I got a beginners yoga tape from the lib. I like to try the tapes and dvd's before I buy them.

Danicomia
02-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Well Lent is here again. This year I am keeping my promise NO MORE CHOCOLATE for the next 47 days!:cry:
I have been eating barely some sugar, but sometimes I get some chocolate for treats. :^: Not anymore. :nono:

I was watching a show in Fit TV "Ten Years Younger" where they choose 5 people who want to lose some amount of weight in 10 weeks and reverse the clock. One of the suggestions is to hang a piece of clothing you want to fit in again and keep it constantly visible. Nedless to say I hang a pair of capri jeans with embroidered hems in the mirror in my room to keep me motivated. I can see the jeans from the stairs even before I enter the room :cheer:

Well I better hit the treadmill and get that out of the way. :tread:

Have a good day gals! :goodvibes

SlimChick80
02-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Hi, all! I am trying to disprove the phrase "Everything's bigger in Texas!" I have been doing Weight Watchers for about a month now. I'm in my fifth week right now. I think I have been tremedously successful considering I have always been notorious for my lack of will-power and my comfort in my own obesity.

I've never even tried dieting until the last year or so because I just didn't care. All of a sudden though I wasn't just voluptious but I was fat and I was not liking that.

I tried low-carb. I tried slim-fast. I admire those who can stick to those diets because I was a train wreck on both. Weight Watchers has been working remarkably well for me. I do the flex points and pour over my books and record every morself I eat. I still love pizza and beer nights (which I haven't entirely done away with, in truth). But I have been able to successfully shed 10 pounds.

I liked this site and was trying to find a thread to join. I thought I would post this and see if it took off at all.

I'm so proud of all you weight losers! :bravo: :balloons: :cheer:

michellejy
02-09-2005, 04:10 PM
My name is Michelle. I'm turning 30 at the end of this year, and I just got married a few months ago to a wonderful man. I just found these forums today after stepping on the scale to see a weight I hadn't seen since I was nearly 9 months pregnant. I have plans to go to England for my new sister-in-law's wedding, and I don't want to be the size I was for her wedding that I was for my own.

I have a 7 year old daughter (who acts 17), and I'm working from home now. I moved to a new state to be with my now husband, and his eating habits are totally different from mine. Since moving here about a year and a half ago, I gained back 50 pounds I'd lost a couple of years ago, plus an extra 20 to really make it hurt.

I'm not sure what type of diet I'll be starting yet, but I'm ready to make a serious change.

gfmomx6
02-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Welcome SlimChick80 and Michelle!:wave: Glad you joined us! I hope you like it and stick around!
SlimChick80-Great job on the -10#! 5 weeks of staying on a program is good! I know I would start, be good for a week or two, then quit. Then start something else, and on and on........ :dizzy: I have found though that many women have been in the same place It's good to know people who have "been there, done that, still gained 10#"!, but still got up started again, and again, until they found the right way of eating to become healthy.
Michelle-Congrats on your new marriage! It helps to look around the boards here at the different eating plans. Ask any question you want and you'll usually get many helpful answers. There are many different plans to choose from, even just making up your own. That's pretty much what I've done-points, low-fat and somewhat low-carb and some exercise. I will be getting my new treadmill within the next week and I can't wait!!! :D
Christina-Glad you liked the "D's"! I will be trying to post something "motivational" or just funny, often. I hope everyone else will also post anything they find that would be of interest.
Danicomia- :goodluck: during Lent! I will try not to say the "C" word for 47 days!!:crossed: My contribution for Lent! I also watch FitTV and Ten Years Younger, I wish I could be on it! I would love to have someone help me out! I say that, but if it came down to it, I don't know if I would want to be on TV in front of everyone while I was doing it! I'm a wimp!:dunno:
Well, I hope you all come back and we have lots of fun getting to know each other and encouraging each other along the way!!:grouphug:
Peace,
Kathy

mythicgoddess
02-10-2005, 01:36 AM
:D Here I am on day 3 and still kickin'. So far I have avoided burger joints and junk food. What starts me off for the day is a huge fruit smoothie packing all my vitamins and protein for the day. What a great way to start the day with dessert :cb: I use to need caffeine to function through out the day :coffee: but I found a healthier alternative.

The problem I have the most is exercising :tread: . I just can't get myself motivated to do it :( . But I finally found something that I look forward to :cheer: . They are the Leslie Sansone DVDs. It's something I can do and I actually look forward to doing it at the end of the day and I don't feel like its a chore.

The other problem I have is eating out for lunch :burger: . I have a co-worker that we end up treating each other for lunch. One day he would pay and the next I would pay. It started when one spotted the other and we lost track of who owed who. :?: He thinks that he owes me and I think I owe him. So it became a never ending argument with my waisline becoming neverending as well :eek: .

Now I bring my own lunch and last week it ended with him paying for lunch ;) . It's been great chating :blah: and I'll see you all next time.
:wave:

SlimChick80
02-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Thank you for the welcome, gfmomx6! I have a good feeling about my diet this time.

Mythicgoddess, I am glad to hear such a great recommendation for the Leslie Sansone tapes. I just bought one that is still in its plastic wrapping. I'll have to break that baby open and give it a chance.

I don't have a PlayStation but some of the ladies in my WW meetings have had great exercise results from the interactive game "Dance Dance Revolution." They say it's so much fun, they laugh through their entire workout.

There is no exercise program that I enjoy yet. I need to get moving though or the weight loss will no doubt stop and then I'll be sad. :moo:

shaky_lady
02-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Stephanie-I am interested in learning more about blood sugar hunger/carb hunger, I think that is what I am going through? Any information would be very helpful!! Please share with us!!

Hi Kathy,

Usually the first symptom experienced by someone whose blood sugar has fallen is this carb hunger. It almost never manifests as a hunger for protein foods. That's because carbohydrates will raise serum glucose more quickly than protein. Your body instinctively "knows" this, and it's a knowledge or awareness that bypasses conscious decision-making processes. You just instinctively reach for carbohydrates.

Unfortunately, this type of hunger only subsides for a short while after eating quick-fix carbs. The typical afternoon ritual of someone with low blood sugar (or reactive hypoglycemia) is to eat simple carbohydrates like breads, desserts, or sugary drinks. A "high" follows in the form of a blood sugar spike: all is well, your mood improves, you're friendly and happy, maybe even acutely alert, aware and efficient in your tasks. (The brain loves sugar.) But 40 to 90 minutes later, a crash inevitably follows, leaving you irritable, weak, and ravenously hungry... again.

It's important to note that blood-sugar induced hunger is not the same thing as normal hunger. As a severe hypoglycemic, I didn't experience normal hunger for years because my blood sugar levels would drop long before my body needed re-fueling. (This is why most hypoglycemics, like me, gain excess weight over time.)

There are two factors that can help you determine if your hunger is normal or blood-sugar induced. 1) Normal hunger generally recurs every 4 to 6 hours, while low-blood-sugar induced hunger can recur as often as every 1 to 2 hours. 2) Normal hunger will cause you to desire a variety of foods and tastes, including those satiated by proteins and vegetables. Blood-sugar induced hunger almost exclusively causes cravings for simple carbohydrates and high glycemic foods like potatoes, breads, and sweets.

I hope that helps! I'm in the process of putting together a website on just these blood sugar issues! I don't want to give the link here, because they have rules against that sort of thing, but I'll send you the link if you're interested. :)

michellejy
02-10-2005, 11:34 AM
I don't have a PlayStation but some of the ladies in my WW meetings have had great exercise results from the interactive game "Dance Dance Revolution." They say it's so much fun, they laugh through their entire workout.

I bought that DDR game for my daughter, and it definitely gives you a workout. Unfortunately, I can't do it because it involves a lot of jumping which is too hard on my knees. It's still a fun game to play with though. I laugh for hours after seeing my husband do it :lol:

losin_soon
02-10-2005, 01:02 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here and not sure what to do.....but here goes. I am probably at my most right now at 240. It seems I woke up and bam!! I know it was gradual but gradual enough for me to not really pay attention until recently. I know I'm doing something right if I'm trying now. :)

michellejy
02-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here and not sure what to do.....but here goes. I am probably at my most right now at 240. It seems I woke up and bam!! I know it was gradual but gradual enough for me to not really pay attention until recently. I know I'm doing something right if I'm trying now. :)

I just joined too, and it looks like we have about the same goal. I'm not sure what program I'll be using (Weight Watchers or trying to do something on my own), but I wouldn't mind buddying up with someone to keep me motivated. :)

usmcwife1997
02-11-2005, 01:32 AM
I'm new and thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm Ricki, I'll be 31 in March. I've been married almost 7 1/2 years. After a two year struggle with infertility due to PCOS, I have a son, Hunter who will be 16 months old Feb 19 2005.
While I was trying to get pregnant, I gained quite a bit of weight, and I went up to 246 at 9 months pregnant. I have gotten down to my current weight of 218.
At the moment I'm not totally committed to losing weight, though I am slowly getting there. I am trying to make some healthy changes, such as watching portion sizes, and I've almost completely cut out soda-I drink soda only when we eat out-and I only drink water the rest of the time. I'm trying to make myself get more active-I'd like to be able to play with my son for longer than 5 minutes without getting winded! I don't want to be the "fat mom" when he starts school in a few years. Also, I want to start trying for another baby in the next year or so, but I don't want to go through another pregnancy this heavy.
I haven't been able to make myself really go for it, commit to really losing the weight-but just reading the posts here and seeing the sucess everyone is having...well, I want to see MY ticker move too, darnit! LOL I really think the support and the sucess stories here will help me get in gear.

gfmomx6
02-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Researchers continually try to answer the question: "Why do some people
succeed at slimming down for good, while others don't?" The answer may lie
in a government database, one researcher says. After analyzing information
about the weight-loss journey of over 3,000 Americans, Rena Wing, Ph.D.,
discovered four common characteristics among those who took off weight and
kept it off:
A low-calorie, low-fat diet
Frequent weigh-ins
An energetic lifestyle that includes at least an hour of activity per day
Eating breakfast every morning
Wing speculates that those who continued to eat healthy and stay active
after reaching their weight goal understood that weight management isn't
just about going on a diet - it's about changing your lifestyle for good.

Checking in with the scale regularly seemed to help prevent weight-regain by
keeping weight managers on track, Wing adds. Dieters were able to take
action when they saw the scale's needle climb. Finally, those who ate
breakfast avoided the common "starve yourself in the morning and then
overeat at night" trend. So go ahead - adopt these four habits and become a
weight loser yourself!

gfmomx6
02-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Check out these pictures!! Susan is Awesome!! She has lost 211 pounds on TOPS! Click on the thumbnail to enlarge picture.

Note-I do not know Susan, only read about her! I wish I could meet her and tell her what an inspiration she is!

gfmomx6
02-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Good Intentions

I'm in a constant struggle
With the battle of the bulge.
I really want some chocolate
But I try not to indulge.

My craving is for something sweet
That's all that's on my mind.
I've searched through the cupboards
to see what I could find.

I've only fruits and veggies
Because I knew there'd come a day,
When all my good intentions
Dried up and blew away

I gave myself no other choice,
There's nothing else to eat.
I'll munch on this rabbit food
and be glad I couldn't cheat!

Dolphin4 Doug
02-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Hello everyone
Found this thread today and thought I would jump in and make some new friends. My name is Terrell (sounds like Carrol) but my friends call me T, I just turned 38 in Jan no kids or Bf right now, 2 dogs Justice the Boxer and Brooklyn the American Bulldog.
Last year at this time I weighed 187 Sunday I got on the scale and it said 217.5 boy was that a wake up call. So Monday I started Atkins and I must say today the scale said 211 ;). I havent cheated all week and I feel great. I had a complete physical a couple of months ago and got a perfect bill of health. The only thing wrong is I fell off of a 20 ft ladder in Oct and I now have to have knee surgery in a couple of weeks because of tears in the ligs :(. I know this weight isnt helping either. I want to get fit and stay fit. Im tired of losing and gaining the same weight over and over again. Im more determined now than Ive ever been.
Hope to get to know all of you in the near future. "We Can Do This......."

GiddyupKaos
02-12-2005, 10:01 AM
Hey Everyone!! Its been a few days since I posted, but I didn't have alot of time this week on the computer...
I am on Day 6 of SouthBeach...and so far...so good.. :cp:
I am going to weigh in on Monday, to see how much I have lost...but I am excited...I have been to Curves 4 nights this week...and hoping that has helped too...
Exercise is the key for me...I have to get some type of exercise in, EVERYDAY!! or nothing will happen for me...
I have alot to lose...and I finally think it has clicked in my mind, that I have to Eat better and exercise right to lose this weight!!
I just wanted to stop back in and say HI...and welcome all the newbies...I am a newbie too...PM me anytime...
as someone said...WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHERRRRRRRR!!! :D

Selena

birckslady
02-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Hi All: Just found this board. Was surfing the different areas on here and finally came to forums. Looking through and found this one. Everyone sounds very supportive. Am 63, married 31 yr. I have about 50 lb to lose and have decided that 2005 is the year. Am helping to raise 3 grandchildren so have to get healthy and in shape to keep up with them. Hope to be able to give support and receive same here. Judy

oldwriter
02-12-2005, 11:32 PM
Just dropped in to say HI! :wave:

Got most of work done on house. :cb:
Using my new bath/laundry. :cp:
Put the scales in there and weighed first time after several weeks.
I had been at my heavest, 279, not where I started when I found 3fat chicks, 275.
I now weigh 276 so I am headed in the right direction. :goodscale
So good to see all the new people. Big Welcome to all of you. I missed a couple days and 2 pages were added. AWESOME! :cheer: :balloons: :grouphug:

mythicgoddess
02-13-2005, 08:03 PM
Hello everyone!! Sorry I haven't stopped by in a few days but I didn't have time to get online. :sorry: Sounds like everyone is doing fantastic. It feels great to know that I am not alone in the Battle of the Bulge. :grouphug: I did my weekly weigh in :goodscale and i nearly went through the roof with joy :dance: I lost 9 pounds in one week. :D It seems and feels like I am doing something right. I feel like I actually made a lifestyle change that I would be able to stick to. It doesn't feel like dieting just like making better choices. :twirly: I give everyone positive thoughts in their new endeavors. :cp: Stay strong.

Still kickin'!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/heartbar/bear01/lb/253/130/244/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

rdba
02-13-2005, 11:58 PM
I am a newbie to 3FC- but not a newbie to doeting. I want to check in and see how the rest of the losing world is doing...

Pearlgirl2
02-14-2005, 08:35 AM
Good morning from Boston,
My name is Sara and I wanted to introduce myself. I am 24 yrs. old, live in Boston, and am 5'0, and started out at 197 pounds. I was once on this site a couple years ago, and now decided to come back because I liked the environment. I have been heavy for the past 8 years and it has really taken a toll on my body! :mad: I returned back to Florida where I am from to find some enormous medical problems that were life shacking for me. For the past 6 weeks I have been undergoing all sorts of things for a condition called psuedotumor cerebri. However, the most important thing for me to do was to lose all these weight I have put on in the past eye years, and they say if I don't I will go blind and then fully paralyzed, so you can imagine how scary that it. Telling a person who is so out of control with eating to stop and take control of her life, because now( I guess it was always) in my hands. ;) So I have lost 18 pounds in the last 6 weeks. Just eating very healty, and changing my portion controls like crazy and only water. It seems to be working out. But I would love some support on this journey because I am finding that in order to get where I need to be health wise, I need to do a lot of soul searching. :)
I have done some major life changing in the past 6 weeks, but talking with others seems to always help. Hope your day goes well.

Best regards,
Sara

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/heartbar/slider-but1/lb/197/125/179.5/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

A quote from a song that I love:
"Hope you get to live like your dying!"
I have been living each day to its capacity, and what a difference! :)

LisaGirard
02-14-2005, 12:44 PM
i am new to this website. I am really enjoying all the posts and it seems like veryone really enjoys coming here. I am a mother of a gorgeous five year old little girl. i am 32 next friday and married for seven years. I am 5"6 and weigh 250 lbs. I am the heaviest i have ever been. My husband was diagnosed with diabetes and now i feel i have to get healthy for my daughter. She recently told me that i could'nt get on her trampoline with her because i would put a hole in it, that really broke my heart but out of the ashes has come a dtermination to lose weight. My goal is to be at 160 by july 4th weekend. ;)

snoskater
02-14-2005, 05:30 PM
Hi Everyone,
Haven't had a chance to stop by lately, but came in today. I just love to read all of the post's...they keep me going!
Today I officially hit the one month mark. Ya-hoo! I have lost 19 pounds so far and feel great! One month down and many more to go!
Last week my old digital scale gave out...probably gave out due to my 6 year old is always jumping on it. Anyway, went to Walmart and bought a new one. I was so scared to get on it...what if I weighed more than my old scale?? I would totally freak! I know I shouldn't live by the scale alone...but still, the scale rules my world. I finally got up the nerve to step on and was a pound less than the day before...could have been I lost a pound...could have been the new scale...anyway...I was happy at the result. This scale's a keeper!
Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day!

Lisa

oldwriter
02-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Wow! :bravo:

Everyone is doing so well. :grouphug:
reba- jump right in - the water's fine! :balloons:

Sara welcome back and sounds like you have a good start. :cheer:
Just the name of what you have sounds scary. We are here to cheer you on.
Seems like physical problems brought a lot of us here - me included- mine not as serious as yours but still scares me.

There are a lot of new ones here so I think this group will really take off.
For me, I ate too much today and now my sugar is up and my energy is down. Went to the store. :rollpin: Why do I always want to taste all the goodies when I get home? :nono: :rolleyes:

Tomorrow is a dust myself off and start again day. :dancer: :goodvibes
Have a good night.

Dolphin4 Doug
02-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Hey everyone
Just checking in to wish everyone a Happy Valentines Day. Did good today took my box of candy to work and left it there for everyone else to eat. If I would of left it here it would of started to call my name in the middle of the night :).Going to do some measurments tonight. Hope they are as friendly as the scale has been. Nite to all!

gfmomx6
02-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Hi All!
Welcome Terrell, Judy, rdba, LisaGirard and Sarah-Good start!!!
Carol and Lisa-1 pound at a time in the right direction is all that counts!!!
Selena-Give me some of your willpower to work out so much!!
Mythicgoddess-9 POUNDS!!!! That is awesome-what eating plan are you on???
Sorry I haven't been around, had a very busy weekend, and a long day today!! Started off my bad eating weekend with a Valentine Dinner at church-such good food! Of course, I ate too much! Then Sat. we went shopping all afternoon and went to a Chinese buffet, didn't do too bad, I tried to drink alot first, so I wouldn't eat so much. Sunday wasn't too bad, but could have been better! Took my 4 year old daughters cat in to get "fixed" this morning, she was very upset because he wasn't broke!! :lol: Took awhile for her to leave the cat there!! Then I went and bought a brand new treadmill!!! :tread: We got it all put together, but I'm too tired to use it tonight :(

So great to see so many people here! Let's get this thread moving!! Let's get this weight off!! I need some big kicks in the rear :sumo: , I've got to get this weight off!!!

Peace,
Kathy
I'll be back tomorrow! But only after I WALK!!! :tread: :tread: :D :D

SlimChick80
02-15-2005, 09:40 AM
For some reason, I am having a heck of a time being good this week. For five weeks, I was the biggest Weight Watchers cheer leader and this week I'm rationalizing food again. :devil:

I have promised myself that today I'll eat right and I'm going to try to fit in some exercise tonight (still the hardest aspect of weight loss for me). :jig:

I knew a hurdle would pop up in front of me eventually. Things were going way too well.

Well wish me luck today that I can actually stick to my word on this one!

GiddyupKaos
02-15-2005, 06:26 PM
Hey Everyone...Hope everyone is having a great day!!
Yesterday was my 1st week weigh-in...I am doing SouthBeach and I lost "6" pounds...Im excited!! I know that life is all about choices...and I CHOOSE not to be FAT anymore...
I went to Curves last night..Im going to Curves tonight...and tomorrow night...I want to do Curves Monday through Friday...Surely I will lose...
I just wanted to say HI...Im still trying to find my way around this board...and this thread, feels like home...So guess I am posting here....DAILY!!
Hope everyone is doing great...
We can do this....TOGETHER!!
Selena :)

birckslady
02-15-2005, 09:33 PM
WTG, Selena. 6# is great. Will weigh in Thurs. at Murfreesboro. Have been off work this week and haven't been as OP as I would have liked. But, haven't totally been off program. It is a lot easier when I'm at work. Lost 2# last week and would love to see a repeat of that Thurs. but will be happy with any loss. Doing WW Core which is very similar to South Beach. Hope everyone is having a good week. Judy

gfmomx6
02-15-2005, 11:14 PM
THE BIGGEST BRUISES

I got a lot of very sad e-mail over the weekend, and it upset me so much. One lady said, "I looked at myself in the mirror, and I could not believe my eyes. I am a disgusting, fat pig. I don`t know how it happened. I have no explanation. I do not feel human anymore, and I hate to leave my house." Another writes, "My husband says he loves me no matter what I weigh. I weigh over 250 pounds! I don`t feel feminine, and I don`t want my husband to even look at me. I am so embarrassed." I must have gotten a couple hundred letters very similar to the stories above! Beating up on yourself leaves the biggest bruises.
All right, the truth is you`ve been on and off a lot of diets in your life. You have been on some healthy ones and some bad ones. While on these different weight loss rituals, sometimes you exercised, and sometimes you just didn`t feel like it. You`ve lost weight the right way, and you`ve lost it the unhealthy, unsafe way, and here you sit reading this message, and you are still battling with the pounds. You can do what the 2 women I mentioned do, or you can face the fat fact and do something about it right now!

Weigh yourself and face the numbers! Then sit down and start planning how you`re going to drop the weight the right way and keep it off. Figure out a weight that you would be comfortable at. Do the math, and see how many pounds you actually have to lose. Don`t get freaked by the numbers. That`s your maxi goal. Break that down in mini goals, like 10 pounds.

Make the necessary sacrifices of foods that you have been leaning on too heavily, like sodas, fried foods, processed foods, and sweets. You must acquire a taste for the foods your body needs, like fruit, vegetables, whole grain products, and lean cuts of meat.

You must make a pact with yourself that you will exercise for at least 30-45 minutes, 7 days a week. Most of you have tried that kind of program before, and you did very well on it! I say go back on it.

You have all the tools, and the biggest tool that you need to use is your self-confidence. Okay, now, no more putting yourself down! No more badgering! Don`t use your time to diminish. Use your time to replenish!

NOTE-I DID NOT WRITE THIS AND THERE WAS NO NAME ATTACHED TO GIVE CREDIT TO.

Tabbey
02-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Hello all, is there room for one more.

I have been doing WW since Jan. and just found this site recently. I have read your post and everyone seems so encourging. Which is exactly what I need. I have been doing WW for about7 weeks and have lost 6# so far. I am disapponted, I had hope to have lost a little more by now.

I am 46 married for 18 years, I work as a office manager for a dental office. I
have one daughter and 6 furbabies.

Tabbey

oldwriter
02-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Hi Tabbey,

Always room for more. :)
Hon, 6# is great. :goodscale :cb: :cp: You've lost one-fifth of the weight you want to lose. :dancer: :dance: Wish I could say that.

You will make it. Just keep your eye on that goal. Picture yourself at your goal weight. :goodvibes :balloons: :cheer:
Can you exercise more to help it along-or maybe you are and gaining muscle which is heavier than fat. :tread:

Lots of new ones here- the more the better. :grouphug:
Welcome all.

Dolphin4 Doug
02-17-2005, 09:33 AM
:coffee:Just poping in to wish everyone a healthy eating day. Everyone here is sooooo positive :cp: and thats great! As for my measurements I didnt get to do them yet :( I fell off of a 20 ft ladder in Oct and my knee has been killing me ever since well I went to my doctor in Jan and he put me on Vicoden for the pain and did a MRI he said there was alot of damage to the knee so he set me up to see a knee specialist, I went to him Tuesday and yesterday I was in surgery for over 3 hours :( Now I will be home for at least 6 weeks. Not happy about this at all :mad: but Im glad the pain will finally end. :D . Cant do any cardio :tread: but I plan on doing upper body and toning :strong: and sticking to Atkins! I look at it this way, when I do go back to work they will think a new person has started :D

Well once again everyone have a GREAT Day.........

GiddyupKaos
02-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Hey Everyone...Just checking in this morning...
I went to Curves last night...and sticking to my SouthBeach....so far so good!! ;) I hope everyone is having a great day...Hang in there...WE can DO THIS!!

Dolphin...Sorry you had to have surgery...but hopefully, this will help the pain go away...and you will be BRAND NEW...good luck on Atkins... :D
GET WELL SOON!! :hat:

oldwriter
02-19-2005, 09:14 PM
Just peeking in- Hope you all have a nice weekend!

birckslady
02-19-2005, 11:16 PM
Came in to see what's going on but looks like no one has been here. Does anyone ever go into the chat room? I've gone in there several times since joining 3FC's. Have never seen anyone in there so was just wondering. Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Judy

imhere2560
02-20-2005, 09:21 AM
:^: Just wanted to say hi and I think I want to hang out a while. I'm in sync with the rest of you - let's grow younger and healthier together.

Shirley

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-steps/slider-cat/lb/218 1/4/150/202/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Tabbey
02-21-2005, 10:12 AM
Good Morning, and thanks for the welcome Carol. I have read some of the post and everyone does seem very positive. I have not been on the comp. for the last few days, I was at a confernce.

My challenge is to get more excercise in. So I will be really concentrating on that this week. For some reason I just can't seem to get motivated to excercise, I know I should do it, and I want to, but by the time I get home I just start making excuses. I thought about doing it in the morn, but I already get up at 5, if I excercised in the morn I would have to get up earlier. Any suggestions for getting me motivated are welcome and wanted.

Tabbey

oldwriter
02-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Just start walking Tabbey.

On another site, this one girl can't do regular exercises b/c of health probs but she can walk.
She wears a little pedomiter. She is striving for 10,000 steps. She has reached 9,000.
Just put it on and wear all day and check it. :)
I put mine on today since I lost the last pound that was over my starting point. ;)
I am doing more sitting as I am working on a story- that causes my legs to swell and my behind to broaden. :lol:
You don't have to spend a lot for one either. I hooked mine onto my bra as i have too much roll :rolleyes: on my waist and no pockets. Could use your collar on your shirt.
Every step you take will count toward a goal. :dance: :cp: :dancer: and soon you will get a good :goodscale scale. :balloons:

jmepudge
02-21-2005, 11:28 AM
Hello all!!!! I have enjoyed reading all the encouragement and progress from all of you and glad to read in one of the replys that there is always room for one more!!!! I have recently found out that I have hypothyroidism and high blood pressure. I have started medication for both. My doctor has stated that I have to lose this weight. (like I did not already know this) I have tried on and off for a couple of years to lose weight. I have always gave up because it would just not work. Know they tell me it was because of my thyroid. I have to let a couple of you know that I feel what you say when you talk about weighting more that your spouse. I was at that point not to long ago. I am about the same as my spouse now. I am looking to lose around 60lbs. I love to walk but I always end up with some excuse not to get out there. I really need the support and motivation to get things done. I am 29 years old and have 2 boys, Joey 5 and Nick 11. My oldest son is also overweight. Every one tells me not to worry about him because his dad was also a very large child. My husband received a nickname at age 4 and it has stuck with him through out his life. It is "Pudge". He is not large now at all, but the name has stuck. I am really looking forward to checking in with you all and enjoy seeing how much support is here. I am hopeful to lose my weight and be a healthy person for myself as well as my family. I would like to be off the high b/p medication. I am told I will never get off the thyroid medicine. I did lose 4# last week. I am really watching what I am eating. It seems I have been living on fruit lately though. Talk to you all soon. Have a wonderful day.

Tabbey
02-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Hi Jme, I am the same way, about walking or any excercise, I say I am going to do it, then find an excuse not to. Maybe we can encourage each other on this.

Thanks Carol, I think I will get one of those pedometers. I saw one at Wal-mart and almost got it, but didn't. I will be making a trip to Walmart to pick one up. That really is a great idea.

Jme maybe we could challenge each other on how many steps we take in a day!!

Tabbey

oldwriter
02-21-2005, 08:32 PM
Hi
A woman on another site said she eats for 5 minutes, then waits 5 minutes -drinks water, tea or whatever then eats again. She fills up fast this way. Worth a try.

Have a good evening.

ItstimeforME
02-22-2005, 08:58 AM
Hello everyone!! Im new as well IM 35 with 2 kids 10 and 4 1/2 and married for almost 13 years. Been up and down my whole life with weight. Im 5'8" and was at my heaviest Dec 26th 2004 that is when I decided to change my life and eat right and do right. I started Curves and work out 6 days a week and I have not touched a drop of JUNK since then I started at 258 and currently at 232 my goal is 170 where I was when I married then after at I would like to shoot for something I have not been in a long time and that is 160-165. Im not following any diet in particular I just gave up the bad stuff and eat healthy. I watch my carbs since IM carb sensitive. I quit smoking COLD turkey Aug 18 2003 after 18 years of it and have not picked one up and feel 10 times better since.

Im so glad to have found this place online and know Im not alone.

oldwriter
02-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Hi Kelly! :)

I like your handle-Its time for me. I had that feeling when I hit my 30s too.
I've been fighting for me time ever since. :lol:
I think you'll like it here.
Welcome. :balloons: :goodluck:

gfmomx6
02-23-2005, 12:47 AM
I have been trying for DAYS to get in here and say HI!! :wave: I have just been so busy! It hasn't been warm here, but very sunny, so I have been opening all the curtains and cleaning like it was Spring. :lol: By the time it gets here I will be done with Spring cleaning!! We have gotten rid of so much stuff, I feel like I'm moving!
My eating hasn't been great :moo: but I did walk 3 miles today. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! my new treadmill, I set it at 3 miles per hour and walk the hour Regis and Kelly are on-I want to win the van!! ;)
It sounds like everyone is doing well! It is TOM so I didn't weigh this week, last week I stayed the same-which means I have lost NOTHING this month! :mad: I know it's my own fault, so I'm mad at myself! When it's TOM I'm not a chocolate fiend like most-I just want lots of salt, I could just live on tortilla chips, salsa and guacamole!
Well its almost 11 pm, it's my bedtime! Girls and hubby gotta get up at 6:30 for school and work. I will be back in tomorrow! I think I will be lazy! Except for my walking!
Peace,
Kathy

Danicomia
02-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Hi everybody!

I have been working out and eating sensibly as I also joined the Self Challenge from the Self magazine. I am determined to lose the evil 30 lbs this year.

Kathy- I also watch Regis and I hope to get the call to win the Van. But, being realistic the changes are slim. :(
I try to do the treadmill at night with any show that keeps me focused, last night I watched A. Idol while I walked/run. I recommend a Heart Rate Monitor that it keeps you focused and at the end tells you how many cals you lost in your workout, I love my Polar that I got very cheap on ebay.

Well I have to go, Crying baby is whinning upstairs. I run a daycare and one of my babies is really a Pain in the ***.

See you later!

Tabbey
02-23-2005, 04:23 PM
I have been doing well the last two day, I have focused on getting in the excercise.

I too rode my stationary bike while watching AI. It does help to do it while watching something, the time goes by much quicker.

Tabbey

Dolphin4 Doug
02-23-2005, 08:13 PM
How is every one 2nite :?: . Just popping in to say hello and catch up on all of the post.:thanks: Selena for the get wells I started my therapy today :eek: and now I know I must lose this weight. My knees never hurt me before my spill but now I can see how this weight is really putting a strain on them. Ive been lifting :strong: the 10 lbs weights wherever I sit and thats all Ive been doing lately is sitting :D .

Well I hope everyone has a great week and Ill check back later. Welcome to everyone that has posted since I last stopped by!

oldwriter
02-25-2005, 10:27 AM
I lost 3 lbs this week-worked on house and it just seemed to fall off somewhere? :shrug: :cb: :cp: :dance: :dancer: :goodvibes

I'm SO HAPPY! beginning to think it would never go the right direction.
WOW! :hyper: :twirly: :bubbles: :encore: :cheer: :goodscale :cloud9:

Ok- OK I'm gaining control! :) :lol:

Going to change my ticker.~~Poof~~ :dance:

gfmomx6
02-26-2005, 11:58 PM
Just wanted to stop in and say HI :wave: and WOOHOO!!! to Carol on the -3#!! That is awesome!! Wish I could get over this little plateau I am on, it's driving me crazy! I have been walking on my treadmill, so hopefully next week I will see a loss?!?!?
Dolphin4Doug-I hope all is going well with your knee, don't push it!
Danicomia-Regis didn't call me!! :( I could really use that new van!! Oh well! I've never watched American Idol. I don't watch much tv at night except the news and Jay Leno. The only reality show that I've watched was Biggest Loser. I wish I could have a trainer like that for 12 weeks-but I wouldn't want to be on tv!!
Tabbey, Kelly, Jme and anyone I may have missed- WELCOME!!:grouphug: The more the merrier!! I hope everyone is having a good (healthy) weekend and if not, we can start over Monday!!
Peace,
Kathy

SlimChick80
02-28-2005, 12:13 PM
Hello all! It sounds like everyone has been doing awesome! I missed my WW meeting this week so I don't know how I did. I have been going pretty strong these last two months though. I haven't made a drastic loss but I feel like I've made a great change to my eating habits that will last.

I'm eating right but exercise remains my enemy. I have the hardest time getting into a program so then I start skipping it and then I'm right back where I started. So annoying! I feel like I just need to find something I enjoy or a workout buddy or something.

Well I'll be happy for my weight loss for now. I think when I hit a 20 pound loss I'll be so excited that I'll start working out more diligently. Until then, I'll keep plugging away.

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy day! ;) ;)

gfmomx6
02-28-2005, 04:06 PM
I thought I did good this month, only a few bad meals:burger::jeno::moo: . But what do I see on the scale this morning??????? I have ended the month with a 1 pound GAIN!!!!:cry: I am slightly upset with myself. :mad: I have this brand new $400 treadmill sitting here, and have I got on it all weekend? NO! Why? I don't know. I think my biggest problem is my husband and kids are home all weekend and we were doing things. I still had time to walk a few miles but I didn't :( I am going to be very hard on myself for the next month, I WILL lose weight this month. I am at 237 today, I want to be at 229 on March 28th. 8 pounds, I know I can do it.
Come on chicks, give me some kicks:rollpin:
Check you all later!
Peace,
Kathy

Danicomia
02-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Danicomia-Regis didn't call me!! :( I could really use that new van!! Oh well!

I know, He didn't call me either. Can you believe some people got two vans instead of one. Why did they do that? With so many people like us who really just need one????? :(

Today I got another sad news. Good Day Live, the show I watched here in Denver while I do the treadmill, has been cancelled!!! OMG :mad: What am I going to watch while I do the treadmill?. I guess some stupid Talk Show now. :stress: Not that I like the anchors too much, but I like the entertainment gossip format that is completely free. At least I have 3 more weeks to watch and jump on the treadmill before they are completely gone.

MP

oldwriter
03-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Hiddie Ho :) :wave:
Just popped in to say HI

Wish i had my exercise room ready. :tread:
Too many jobs to do before that happens. :coach:
Doing taxes today. :stress:
Hope I can do a :dance: afterwords.

On to victory! :goodscale :balloons:

SlimChick80
03-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Don't beat yourself up, Kathy! We've all had weigh-ins that seem so out of whack with how hard we've worked. Put that one pound out of your mind! You have lost 35 pounds and that's something to be proud of! By March 28th, I believe you will reach your goal because you want it enough to make it happen. :balloons:

On a personal note, if one more person has a birthday that I am required to bake a cake for, I'm going to gain 600 pounds! My mom's birthday was yesterday and I baked an out of this world cake that was so rich, just to smell it was 50 calories!

gfmomx6
03-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Hi Chickies:wave:
Just thought I would pop in and say my day is good so far! :smug: I walked 2 miles this morning and hopefully I will get in 2 more this evening. My food has been good, but its usually the afternoon that ruins my whole day!! I just really get the munchies around 4 pm, and I usually give in :( ! I am not going to give in today! I am going to be good, eat good food and lose this weight! I WILL LOSE WEIGHT THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!
Well, gotta go change laundry and get this house straightened up!
Catcha later!
Peace,
Kathy

oldwriter
03-03-2005, 07:52 AM
Hope you have a good weekend!
Got lots to do - many thing to count as exercise.

gfmomx6
03-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Hi all! Just checking in before the weekend, how is everyone doing? Where is everyone????? I've done good this week, hopefully I can get through the weekend!!! We have alot to do around the yard(supposed to be around 60 here :D :D ) Gotta get some groceries in this house too, but it will all be healthy food, NO JUNK!!
I'll try to pop in over the weekend and see if anyone comes back........hellooo???? where is everyone??????? :( Gettin' kinda lonely here!

Have a great weekend, make good healthy choices!!
Peace,
Kathy

Danicomia
03-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Hi Kathy,

How was your yard work? Here we also had a sunny day around 60. We had my middle son's Bday party today. I cannot believe he is turning 8 today. I was bad, bad, I had a piece of cake for lunch. I guess I can forgive myself for eating sugar if I don't have any other Birthday coming until October.

I see you all tomorrow.
MP

gfmomx6
03-06-2005, 12:27 AM
MY DAY!! Hubby ended up having to work longer, so I took kids(4) grocery shopping (Walmart Supercenter)with me. I had 4 yo in my cart and 2 yo in cart pushed by older sisters(9&11). I let them take him to look at toys and such while I shopped :o My 11 yo comes running telling me that the 9yo LOST the 2yo!! I go running through the store, trying to find someone who works there, they act like no big deal :mad: , he was only missing for maybe 2 minutes, but it seemed like much longer. My heart stopped! I have never lost a child in a store and he is my 6th child! I will be calling the store manager Monday morning and complaining about the lack of Code Adam training the associates seemed to have. One actually told my daughter "You should have been watching him better" and walked away without calling a Code Adam over the PA!! The CSM I told(with a walkie talkie on his belt) told me to go to the customer service desk to report him missing. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Okay, shopping trip OVER!! Came home, calmed down, got babysitter, made hubby take me out to nice, quiet dinner!! It was a very nice dinner, I am feeling much better! I didn't do too bad at dinner, I did eat a little more than I normally would at dinner, but that's cuz I forgot to eat all day! The scale will tell! But I did feel bad enough that I came home and walked on the :tread: 4 miles while watching a dvd. Now it's shower and bed time!
Heres to a better tomorrow!!!:cheers:
Peace,
Kathy:crazy:

Danicomia
03-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Gosh Kathy, I can imagine the feeling. I lost my oldest son when he was 5 y/o. I went toy shopping while I turned, poof he was gone. We were in a 5th floor of a department store so they closed the elevator and start sweeping the place, after maybe 15-30 mins that seemed like an eternity, someone found him sitting on the floor behind a glass counter playing. After that I bought a leech that kept my wrist tied to his. I got a lot of laugh from ignorants, but I never lost Nicolas again.

I am not sure if I mentioned, but yesterday we celebrated Daniel's 8th Bday at his Dad's. As I didn't have too much to do I got a hand to several Runner's Magazines Brian has around and I got interesting info. There was a study done to 3 groups of runners for a period of time. First group had just one serving of dairy a day, the second 1,000 mlgs of calcium as supplement, 3rd one at least 3 serving of dairy a day. At the end of the study the 3rd group who had highest dairy intake lost 27% more of weight than the first group and 17% more than the second group. The writers last quote was something like "I will keep enjoying my 3 rasberries yogurt a day"....

oldwriter
03-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Years ago our son got lost in the store when it wasn't so dangerous. They called over the pa before we found him. A worker ask him if he was lost. He told her no, we were.
Still gives your heart a jump.

Trying new dietary suppliments in place of most of my meds-maybe my weight will move better- my one prob is already better without the meds and one home remedy is replacing one my ins will no longer pay for.

Monitoring my probs very closely. Notice I try harder to eat well as I don't automatically see this as a magic answer like we seem to do for pills.

oldwriter
03-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Good evening.
Making adjustments and watching numbers closely.
Thought my weight had gone down because my face looked thinner. Realized my face wasn't bloated from the meds anymore. :)
My diet I think will be critical for this to work for me.
I will not get too confident and eat anything willy nilly.
I slowly worked my way from 3BP meds a day to 1/2 over several years by changing my foods to healthy. Some days I can go without, today I took 1/2. The other day 1/4 by the numbers. I was dipping too low. One day I thought I was dizzy from too high of sugar. I tried to work it off. It got worse. My BS was 238 but my BP was 90 over 46. And I had been stressed lately and not checking it. My sugar is better too.
Time will tell. My ins will no longer pay for my stomache meds as you can buy that strength in the store. I heard sometimes you need more acid so I take a spoon of salt free wine vinegar in water at the beginning of my day. Works pretty good. ;)
Don't run out there and try this-ask your doc about backing off so he can keep an eye on you. I don't want to be responsible for anyone hurting themselves.

This is something I'm trying.

oldwriter
03-11-2005, 01:34 PM
Hi there,

I took 1/2 my usual dose of diabetic meds.
The herbal stuff gives me a slight headache.
I am going to doc and have him look at the ingredients to see if he thinks any of them could be doing this to be sure.
He's good at that stuff and he can run long term tests on me and I think he will work with me and keep close watch.
Most of my meds cause weight gain and bloating and I'm trying to get away from that. Also, they cause liver damage and everyone in my family has had cancer. My parents died of it and my sis is living on chemo. Mom took a lot of meds a lot of years, dad worked around leaded gas and chemicals.
My sister has ovarian, my mom had pancriatic, and dad had it in his bowels,around one kidney and in his lymph glands. I worked 31yrs in a factory, they have all kids of crap there too. The kids father died of diabetes waiting on a kidney. I want to be there for my grown kids as long as possible.
Thats why I'm trying this.
My weight is killing me and my weight seemed to stagnate.
Sorry this is so depressing. I just wanted you to understand why i am trying something so boldly and do not recommend this for you. :)

gfmomx6
03-15-2005, 11:32 AM
Hi everyone! Everyone????? Theres been no one here for days! I hope you all come back!! I have been doing well and wanted to brag, but no one is here! How is everyone else doing? I hope everyone is staying OP or at least really trying. It is so hard to do it everyday! If you fell off the wagon, we are holding it for you, get back up here!
Carol, I hope you're Dr gets it all straightened out for you, you were doing good lowering your meds, but don't make yourself sick!!
Well, I hope you all come back soon!
Peace,
Kathy

oldwriter
03-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Hello! :)

Tried only herbal diabetic pills the next day and not the nerve ones, no headaches. :)
I do have to watch what i eat. Tom brought home a double wopper with cheese onion tomato lettuce only and i ate it at 7;30pm. Was up 5 times to go to the loo. :dizzy:
Told him if he wanted a big sandwich, bring me a childs. Not worth that again. :nono:
My face is staying unbloated and my weight is slowly moving in the right direction. :cp:
Hope every one comes back. missed you Kathy. I thought surely there would be more than us since I came back. Been working on the house and my book a lot. :)
God bless you all