Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies......(#26)

Sherry
02-04-2005, 01:17 AM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/heartwelcome

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

gdeann
02-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Sher, the little valentine angel is adorable!!!!!

ShelleyM
02-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Why am I so hungry today?? I haven't eaten anything that I shouldn't, but I sure am hungry. I've had a couple of extra pieces of soy cheese though.

gdeann
02-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Shelley, I have days like that too. Maybe go ahead and eat a bit more today, just so you don't break over and binge, then tomorrow you could cut back a few points? I know I can have a "starving" day, but the next day I'll be ok again. I guess this goes right along with with the joys of hormones etc.

Deelite
02-04-2005, 06:28 PM
Gayle I am glad that you are back posting. I miss you to darm much when you don't post.

Shelley it must be the moon phase, I am having a hungry day too. I didn't just eat an extra piece of cheese though! ;)

Sherry your angel is very feminine. I hope that you will be able to post the picture again. How are you feeling? Did you do as you said and if you weren't feeling better by wednesday you were going to see the doc?

I am not feeling great for the last few days. My back hurts, and I feel so cold. Hopefully this weekend it will improve. Tonight I am having a night out with the firls from aquafit. There is about 6 or 7 of us getting together at another girls house. I have never done this before so it should be fun. You can blame it all on them about my over eatting. I made a killer brownie that I have nibbled on all day. You see it was 2 8X8 pans and I am only going to bring one. They won't know. Gee am I knaughty! Who taught me those tricks?

Hubbies home gtr.

Love you all.

Sherry
02-04-2005, 06:28 PM
OK...I'm going to try Dee's picture again. She made it smaller. Here it is Dee......... :)

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/dee

Here is the picture of Larry and kissing the cod on my birthday that made us
HONORARY NEWFY TOBANS.

On our certificate it states;

Let it be known that the bearer of this
Document, having sworn that he has
Kissed the cod, downed the screech, (dark rum)
Sprayed the off and shouted:
"Long may your Big Jib Draw & Skitters Bite"

Now we are official Newfy -Tobans!

Deelite
02-04-2005, 07:47 PM
Thanks Sherry.

Now to remind you what Nephy-Tobans are. Newfys are people from Newfoundland and Tobans are from Manitoba. Even though we are from Canada but different provinces we very unique in our own ways.

Sherry your the bestest!

Sherry
02-05-2005, 02:04 AM
My Parent's 50th Anniversary.......

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/501

Sherry
02-05-2005, 02:07 AM
The Cake......(it had tiny gold roses all over it)............

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/502

Sherry
02-05-2005, 02:21 AM
The beautiful Centerpiece.........

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/503

ShelleyM
02-05-2005, 05:33 AM
Sherry-Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Dee-You and Larry are just too funny!

gdeann
02-05-2005, 11:17 AM
My gosh Sherry! You look just like your mom! GREAT PICTURES! I bet they appreciated everything you did. The cake and flowers turned out so pretty.

Dee & Larry, SUPER PICTURE! Although, I wonder if Larry wasn't enjoying kissing the cod a bit too much???? Notice how he has his lips puckered and his eyes shut??? LOL!
NOW! I WANT to see a normal picture of you guys together! Remember the one you sent out around the holidays a few years ago? If you still have that one, would you mind reposting? We had computer problems at the time and our screen was too dark to make it out very well.

Shelley, did you fight off the hunger monster yesterday??? Please don't send him this direction!

Sherry
02-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Here's 4 more pictures of the 50th Anniversary party. I promise I won't post anymore!!

Chris (21)....Drew (17)
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/5020

Chris & Dayna (future DIL)
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/5018

Debbie & Sherry
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/5019

Paulette (good friend of ours)....Sherry.....Debbie
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/5021

gdeann
02-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Nice pics Sher! Keep them coming! Dayna is cute, she looks like a nice girl. I really like the pic of you & Deb together. My, Drew is growing up! He's going to end up taller then Chris!

ShelleyM
02-07-2005, 06:02 AM
My goodness, the board was slow over the weekend. Guess we are all weekend warriors!

Sherry-Your pictures are wonderful!

I have been doing really good on Core. I have been having baked oatmeal as my snack at night. I freeze it because I like things frozen. It's so good. I thought sure my weight was up, but I got on the scale and it still shows 128. Of course, my official WI isn't until Wed. Tues. afternoon I go to the dr for the yearly pap (or in my case, every other year.) I dread it. The dr now is only in Cape Coral, so I have to go over there for my appointment. I had no idea he wasn't in Ft Myers anymore.

Don't have much time. Getting late for work. See ya'll later!

gdeann
02-07-2005, 09:31 AM
Shelley, tell me more about this baked frozen oatmeal??? Do you actually eat it frozen??? GOOD LUCK ON WEDNESDAY WEIGH IN!

I know I was busy all weekend, still trying to work through the clutter along with taking care of daily stuff.

Deelite
02-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Sherry I am glad that you posted pictures of your parents anniversary. You look so much like your mom. You are beautiful, great smile. You boys are tall, how tall are they anyways? Dayna is very pretty. Are you glad that she will be your daughter in law? Thanks for sharing with us.

Gayle I will try to find a picture to post of Larry and I, Hopefully not a commical one, right. Glad that you are still working on tidying up. Less clutter makes an organized life.

Shelley good going for maintaining. I eat baked oatmeal often too but never frozen. Remember we live in the north pole here so HOT is good. You are too funny how you like so many frozen foods. I am really happy that even though your doctor moved that you are still going for a check up.

Here is a diet that might help us It is the Italian Pasta Diet
IT REALLY WORKS !!

1) You walka pasta da bakery.

2) You walka pasta da candy store.

3) You walka pasta da Ice-a Creama shop.

4) You walka pasta da table ana da fridge.

Give it a try today.

Deelite
02-07-2005, 02:28 PM
This is beautiful, check it out. Has anyone seen this before or even noticed the crosses?

http://wandascountryhomeinspirational.com/pinetrees/index.html

gdeann
02-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Thank you for sharing Dee! I remember seeing this before...amazing, isn't it?
Did you get your roof repaired yet? How are you keeping the snow out?

Deelite
02-07-2005, 03:06 PM
lol Gayle. Larry went up on the roof and shoveled. Beleive it or not Jay's room is on the main floor and our master bedroom is above him. We have absolutely no damage in our newly renovated room. Thank goodness. Jay's room is cleanned, with a lovely new look of plaster lats runnning across his room. Larry will repair it this summer, or after he moves out to the house he will buy.

Sherry
02-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey All.....

My Great Aunt passed away Friday so that's where I've been this weekend. Her funeral was yesterday.

Dee....I loved the story and I have never noticed the crosses! That was beautiful!!!

I've got to go pick up Wayne at work. After I cook I'll try to post again.

Love to all...............

ShelleyM
02-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Sherry- My condolences to you family.

Deelite
02-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Sherry i am so sorry for the loss of your love one. Did you say you were going to pick up Wayne at work? Is he working again? That is great.

Sorry gtg.

Love you all.

DEE

gdeann
02-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Sherry, I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. Had she been ill long? Please give your family my condolences. How is wayne doing going back to work so soon?

Shelley, are you ready for weigh in tomorrow?

Dee, I never heard of ice pooling between the layers of a home before. Thank goodness everyone was somewhere else at the time. How is Dez getting along with her cracked tailbone?

I am still a nervous wreck! I drove Allison to school today, the roads were wet looking but didn't seem to be freezing that bad...thank goodness I slowed it down! By the time I made it to school, we were slipping everywhere. I went to step out of the car in the parking lot and slid, I told Allison to be very careful stepping out, before it was over with she fell twice getting to the school. THEN I was a nervous wreck trying to get back home, I think my top speed was 15-20 miles per hour! YUCK, it's not clearing off here, so it looks like I will need to brave it again to get her picked up this afternoon. BTW: The stupid school! They NEVER clear off the parking lot of snow or put salt down other then up by the school entrance and front sidewalk. I guess because its a public school, then it is a public parking lot so there is no risk of a lawsuit. I'm tempted to take de-icer pellet with us in a bag and toss them out as we walk, at least this way we will have some traction. LOL!

Deelite
02-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Gayle let us know when you get back. I am terrified to drive on ice. I know that you are alot brazer than I am. Ice damming on the roof here is common especially if we have a rain here in november and then it remains below freezing. We have the ice and then snow on the roof and as soon as we have a warm day when things thaw we have the damming. Not good for us but good for roofers.

This morning when I ran off and left you my girlfriend came down to help me tackle a puzzle that we started last week. It is a picture of horses running out of the ocean. It is 1000 pieces. Very difficult too but enjoyable. We worked on it for 4 hours today. Last night Larry and I worked on it for three hours. It is about 3/4 done. Many hours have gone into it but it gives me something to do.

Hope everyone is doing well.

ShelleyM
02-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Okay, what the heck is damming? Remember I'm a Floridian and know nothing about ice, snow, or damming. I just recently learned about black ice via the coolrunning website, but I had to ask in order to find out about it.

Sherry
02-08-2005, 06:26 PM

I had to leave work early today and go to the doctor. I get boils a lot and this one wouldn't come to a head or pop. I couldn't walk or sit because it hurt so bad! :( She lanced it open. It hurt real bad but was an instant relief when it drained. Now I'm on antibotics for 15 days.

I have never heard of damming or ice pooling before either. Gayle...I'm glad you made it safe!!!! :grouphug: Like I've said before, Here in TN when they see the first snowflake or if it starts icing, they close the schools!! We get 5 snow days per year and WE ALL WANT IT!!! :lol:

Guess Where I'm going at 6:00 tonight????????
TO WEIGHT WATCHERS!!!!!! :cp: Yep...I'm joining tonight!! I have tried over & over to do it on my own and can't so now I'm going to the meetings!!! :)

I'll let you know my weight and how it goes when I get home!!!

Love to all.....

gdeann
02-09-2005, 12:25 AM
I'm excited for you Sherry! Are you going by yourself or with a friend? I found out tonight my brother and SIL just joined WW's about 3 weeks ago. I wish I had someone around here to go to the meetings with me.

Dee, I guess the other ladies in this group think we are speaking a special language. I am sick of Winter and ever so ready to move on! I made it back this afternoon to get Allison, looks like tomorrow will be a repeat of today... joy, joy It never fails, Steve has to be out of town when bad weather hits. Did I tell you Winter sucks???

Shelley, with the snow, comes melting after a few days or weeks, it will melt just enough during the day to create water, but then by evening it freezes again, so mornings can be pretty rough getting around until the ice thaws (if it ever gets warm enough) the black ice is what happened to me today, I thought the roads and pavement were just wet until I went sliding~~~~~~ :-{
Did I tell you Winter sucks???? LOL!
In Dee's situation, they had snow, it has melted just enough to pool or dam up in a location then continues to thaw and freeze creating the damage. Did I explain it ok, Dee?

ShelleyM
02-09-2005, 06:02 AM
Sherry-I am very excited for you! However, I am so disappointed for my WI today. I was up 2 lbs. There again, my rings don't fit this morning. I have to get on the scale so darn early (4:AM). By 6:00, it would probably be back down. Now I am debating on whether to go back to Flex, or continue with Core. I didn't have a complete meal last night. I did eat quite a bit of soy cheese yesterday. I don't know if it is considered salty or not.

The dr. is making me get an ultrasound because of my periods coming every 2 weeks. I think it is a waste, but he says that they should be farther apart if I am going through the change, and since I don't have hot flashes, he wants to make sure that there isn't anything there. I forgot to tell him that I have had night sweats here and there but not much.

coles
02-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Hello Everyone,
Dee and Gayle I totally understand where you're coming from. We have had a rough winter this year and driving has been terrible. I live in Ontario Canada, and we just aren't getting a break this year. :( To all you folks out there that don't know what we're talking about - YOU ARE SO LUCKY!! I am having a real hard time with my weight right now, I am up three pounds. I am always hungry lately and eating all the wrong foods. I need to find my motivation I'm just not sure where it went. I think maybe if they put me in a coma I might wake up thin! HA HA, I am not changing my ticker because I'm not keeping the pounds I've gained.

gdeann
02-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Shelley, don't worry about the ultrasound, it's better to be on the safe side. How about weighing in the evening or right after you make it home from school? When I was in TOPS, I weighed at night and if I tried to wear the same clothing, there would be a scale loss. Or, could you weigh in the nurses office at school?

Janice, I told my hubby today I should dry ice a baggie of snow to Shelley! Although, one can never truley appreciate the beauty of snow, not until you have below 0 temps, wind blowing and ice freezing!! LOL! Just try the best you can Janice to stay OP. I'm sure some of the weight is water weight. Remember, even if your not currently losing, you are not gaining if you are still watching your food program. I lack motivation too... I use to be able to diet and stay strictly with the program, now I have 1 good day, then 2 bad days, etc.

Deelite
02-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Sherry right on girl. I am so proud that you have joinned ww's. You are going to great. Now you can help motivate us all. Give us the weekly info that you get at the meeting. I am so happy for you.

Gayle hang in there. I know what you mean it is so hard to stay motivated. What keeps me motivated is when I think about all the minutes exerciseing that I have to do to burn off what I want to eat. You explained the ice damming a lot better than I could of.

Janice try to journal, it might help. Sometimes we don't realize all that we are putting in our mouths. I am not motivated right now either. I am going to journal tomorrow. I know about cold because I am from manitoba. Don't you feel sorry for the ones here that don't understand cold? Yeah right, I love to switch with them for a season of winter.

Shelley if your rings are tight it is just water retention. Hang in there and it will drop. I am glad that you are going for the ultra sound. I don't like the sounds of the night sweats.

ShelleyM
02-09-2005, 06:56 PM
Gayle-I would love some snow! That would be so cool (excuse the pun!) Seriously, thanks for the explanation of damming. It's supposed to turn cold here again tomorrow (50's.)

Janice-Keep trying to stay OP. You are doing great. I don't change my ticker either, unless of course it's a loss.

Sherry
02-09-2005, 07:12 PM

Well I joined WW last night!! :cp: They were running a special that I didn't know about so that was a nice surprise. It was $19.00 to join and it's $11.00 a week for my meetings.

After dinner tonight I will have had 25.6 points and I'm allowed 26. So first day went well! :)

Now the bad part! The lady weighed me twice because she said she couldn't believe my weight. She said I carried it very well. I weighed 209!!! :( I have NEVER weighed 200 in my life and I have let myself go. But all that's behind me now and I'm truely looking forward to loosing, looking better, feeling better and being healthy again. Anyone care to join me on this new journey in my life? I will do everything in my power to help motivate and give support to you. There will be days when I'll get off track but I'll pick myself up and start over!

I need to go and finish dinner so I can watch America Idol. Love to all....

Deelite
02-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Sherry way to go. Now that is an attitude that I love. That's my girl. You are a great inspiration. You will get down there my dear. I am going to see that ticker of yours slide all the way down. So you didn't say....where is Wayne working and when did he go back to work? Is he back at his old job?

Shelley cold in the fifties. That would be balmy weather here. If only...I really don't feel sorry for you though. lol Love you though.

ShelleyM
02-10-2005, 05:44 AM
Sherry-I would be happy to hear any WW tips that you might have! I weighed myself this morning and was back down with the exception of .5 lb, so that's what I logged. I don't know if that is considered cheating or not. I just can't face the scale when there is a gain.

gdeann
02-10-2005, 09:34 AM
WOW! I woke up to such a beautiful face this morning! GREAT new picture Shelley! You seem to just glow!!!!!

Dee, yeah, poor, poor Shelley, suffering thru this cold spell... I feel sooooooooooo sorry for her, I hope she survives that aweful 50+ weather.... LOL!
It was 13* here this morning.

Sher, you will do super now since you have some local support. Are you going by yourself or do you have a friend going with you? It seems like we all need to get in the "zone" before we can lose and continue to maintain. I'm lacking the "zone" right now, struggling daily. I remember posting one time that I couldn't even remember the last time I had ate something and went off plan. Now I would be happy if I could remember the last time I stayed OP for the day... Lets all try to re-motivate each other and see what happens. Good luck sweetie, I believe in you.

coles
02-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Shelley - what a lovely picture of you.
Sherry - Good for you joining your local group. I think I might too. I have a hard time staying on program. I know I can do it because I have before, just have to find my motivation.
Dee and Gayle- Do you think spring is ever coming http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_19.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZB)We just got a new snow storm this morning.
How do the rest of you know what season it is?? 50 degrees - that is a nice spring day here.
I have changed my ticker, because I am making a fresh start today. This was me last week http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_15.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZB)out of control I was. The more I ate the more I wanted. I am off to go get loads of fruit and vegetables, looks like the snow stopped.

gdeann
02-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Cute ticker Janice! Now that's a girl! Go stock up on healthy foods!!! Make you a batch of the breakfast brownies to have around when the hunger monster hits. Remember we are here for you!

Do you guys think Vicki is ok? It was way before Christmas since she posted. Have any of you heard from her??

Deelite
02-10-2005, 02:42 PM
Janice your post looks so interesting with those little guys. Your ticker is neat too. You will be motivated here. You did a good thing buy picking up loads of fruits and veggies. gayle had a good idea about the brownies to snack on. We are also getting snowed on.

Gayle I haven't heard from Vicki. Get motivated with Sherry. Maybe that is the name of a new thread that she should start. Or maybe a motivation thread of ideas and recipes to keep us going. I have been eatting some treats and sweets and wasn't logging in my journal. I felt really bad but thought that I would jump on the scale this morning since my homecare worker didn't come this morning. I weigh myself nude so I didn't want to scare her. Guess what I faced the music and I didn't even gain. I need a ticker to keep track but since the may long weekend I have lost 13 pounds. Yippee. I really thought that I had gainned but I guess going to the pool really helped. Now to keep going down while on vacation will be a challenge. Lots of fish and walking may help me maintain.

Shelley you are beautiful! You have large puppy eyes and a great sexy smile. I love the pic of you. It is one of my fav's that I have seen.

Sherry how are you doing with your points today? You did great yesterday. I am so proud of you.

Went to the doc's today. All set to go to PV. Got all my meds, just need to pick them up. The doc called me in to the office and watched me walk. He was proud of me. I had no cane. I felt like a little kid as he praised me and said look at you, you are doing so good. He said that he noticed that I have a drop foot yet but it isn't that noticable. He really didn't think that I was going to recover so fast. Even though everything seemed to go wrong and I should have been better right after surgery. I guess the main thing is I can walk. Now for the pain he said it could be recover pain or scar tissue pain. Hopefully it will be recover pain, then it will go away.

I am leaving on saturday. I will hopefully post before then.

I love you all and will be reading the posts every few days and will post too.

ShelleyM
02-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Thank you everybody for the compliments! I have been wearing my hair straight now, so I wanted to post a new picture.

Sherry-Don't forget that if you walk some, you can earn AP's! I need company over at the exercise thread. Cheryl has threatened to come back. This week will be a short one as far as running goes because I won't be able to run my Saturday miles. I am doing Odyssey of the Mind again this year, and have judges training early Saturday. So far I have only gotten 20 miles in, and I was hoping to at least get 25 for a short week, but I am just too tired today to run. I am going to try and run tomorrow afternoon, but I'm not counting on it. For some reason, I never feel comfortable running on Friday afternoons. Maybe it's anticipation of the weekend, I don't know.

Dee-I am so happy that you are getting better. You must be so proud of yourself for recovering so quickly. I'm sure those water aerobics are helping you not only with controlling your weight, but as therapeutic exercise for your body. Wow 13 lbs! That's awesome!

I, too am worried about Vicki. Vicki, I hope if you are reading these posts that you will at least pop in to say hi. We all miss you very much!

Gayle-You will get back OP when you are ready. You always motivate me so much!

Janice-Your post was so cute! I love your little drop in icons.

Carol-Where are you? I hope that everything is okay with you.

Ramona-I hope everything is going well for you and that your back is feeling better. I know that things are probably very hectic for you at work also, but please post and let us know that you and the boys are okay.

Cheryl-Thanks for taking the time to let me know that you will be back on the exercise thread. You did so good the first few days of the month. Please do some walking, even if it is in the malls!

I was so overwhelmed at work today. The secretary was out today, and the data person's phone was on do not disturb so she could work on FTE. Needless to say, it was Shelley all the way today for everything! I felt so sorry for myself that I ordered lunch out today. I never do that on Thursdays, only on Friday. I had a delicious chicken caesar salad. I threw out the bread and didn't eat the croutons.

Deelite
02-10-2005, 05:15 PM
This is a letter from the Skinny Post

The Business of YOU
Ľ by jane on February 8, 2005

Have you noticed that I havenít posted very much? Well, Iíve been busy researching some topics to write about. And thereís quite a bit of interesting stuff ó like the cost of Ďgood food,í and the idea that being overweight doesnít mean youíre a bad person, and the images we have of ourselves, and all kinds of other topics. Theyíll be interesting, at least I hope they will be.

But Iím sitting here realizing that thereís been a whole lot of thinking and not much doing. And that applies to a number of areas, from thinking about not eating chocolate to my still-not-working plots to get to the gym. Elaborate schemes, no action. (Although I DO think that buying three pilates DVDs and a Tai Chi DVD counts to some extent, even though I couldnít figure out the DVD player!)

But a conversation I had this evening offers some hope for this stalemate, at least for me. The message: I run the business of ME. I am the CEO. I make the decisions, arrange for benefits, take care of all the bills, manage the income, carry out various training programs, in general, I take care of the business.

Now, letís be honest. Iím doing things ó or not doing them, as the case may be ó that I would never do at work. Iíd never show up late for a meeting at work, yet Iím not keeping my gym appointments. Iím considered a key piece of the internal education program, but am I taking the time to learn Pilates to focus on my core? NO.

When Iím overwhelmed at work, I first take a few minutes and figure out the priorities and come up with a plan. It often involves recruiting other people to lend their particular skills. And what do I do when Iím overwhelmed in my personal life? Head for the chocolate!

This all ties in with one of my key personal observations. And that is that Iíve never met an overweight person who put themselves first in their lives. And here I am, taking so much better care of my 9-5 job and not of my own personal corporation.

So, my company isnít doing as well as it should, and itís time to re-evaluate the goals and the path. Thereís ALWAYS a chance for a mid-course correction. So here it is! I now declare the reorganization of JANEíS COMPANY. The first item on the agenda is to make a list of goals and the tasks I need to do to accomplish them. The next step is to identify possible obstacles and develop strategies for handling them.

So, the first goal is that I will make it to the gym three times this week. And the obstacle is that itís too much bother to get ready. So Iím going to try changing into my gym clothes before I leave the office. Sounds like a plan, doesnít it???? Wish me luck! And letís hope I donít decide to fire the CEO!!!!

Sherry
02-10-2005, 08:32 PM
STOP!!!!!

Please Go To #27.............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!! :D