Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - What do I bring for Lunch?

View Full Version : What do I bring for Lunch?

sapphire9
02-03-2005, 08:00 PM
I stay OP best when I brownbag my lunch. I'm not much of a cook and I don't like hot food. I've been bringing lo cal tuna salad and hard boiled eggs with cut up cukes and bell peppers. But I am soooo bored. Any suggestions would be welcome. thanks.

shyla2001
02-03-2005, 08:20 PM
I don't know which "plan" you're on, but I pack my DH's lunch for him (we're on South Beach). I make "wraps" with wheat tortillas and ham and cheese and mayo, include a mozz cheese stick or some nuts, and a piece of fruit.

I will also pack dinner leftovers when we have them.

I also sometimes, instead of mayo on the wrap, will mix up some FF cream cheese with chopped black and green olives and green chilis, and still use the ham and cheese. Gives it a mexi-flavor!

sapphire9
02-04-2005, 07:56 PM
thanks Shyla. I'm especially interested in the cream cheese and green chilis. Yum.

zara
02-23-2005, 06:25 PM
:coffee: Rose, here isa great site with some ideas and its free just join and browse and it caters for diffrent diets. :)
http://www.gourmed.gr/
best of luck hun
zara

sapphire9
02-23-2005, 08:17 PM
What a great site! Thanks, Zara.

Charlotte2
03-02-2005, 01:02 PM
I also have "lunch problems". I'm going "low fat", so at least sandwiches are an option - but its SOOO tempting to slather on mayo, or butter! (I know there's fat-free mayo, but it tastes like play-doh!)
Often, I box up part of my dinner from the night before - this helps me with portion control since most receipes make more than we should be eating at one meal. Since I don't have access to a microwave at work, this means eating some things cold that I would normally eat warm - but I've gotten used to that.

mnemosyne
03-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Charlotte2,

Have you tried heating your leftovers in the morning and keeping them in a well-insulated thermos? That might keep them warm (or even hot) until lunch for you, especially if you "prime" the thermos by filling it with boiling water and then dumping out the boiling water just before filling with your hot leftovers - at least, that's what Alton Brown says! You should be able to find a good vaccuum thermos on the web or in a local store for about $20 to 30.

Charlotte2
03-03-2005, 12:08 PM
I have an irrational fear of thermoses, brought on by to many "school bag full of milk" incidences. I should probably get myself a "grown up" thermos see if they are as unreliable as I remember!