Does it Work? - Xenadrine (at Gnc)?

View Full Version : Xenadrine (at Gnc)?

tjsjazzgrl
05-15-2001, 04:19 PM
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has taken Xenadrine and what their experience with it was?

I have never taken any drug to help me lose weight, but I read about this and most of the things I've heard have been positive.

I'm actually on Weight Watchers now, and in 9 weeks, I've lost 21 lbs. I'm happy with the results, but I would be interested in knowing if Xenadrine could be taken in addition to what I'm already doing to give me a little extra boost?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Taunia

Nettie1971
05-15-2001, 04:33 PM
Please see our post on Ephedra before you do this and check out the product as much as possible. Here is a link to get you started: http://content.health.msn.com/message_board_message/658038

wcolleen
05-22-2001, 11:57 AM
Hi- I am using Xenadrine along with my Weight Watchers plan, and have seen increased results with it. I would advise, though, that you look into it, and decide for yourself whether it is right for you. I had been losing, on average, 1.5-2 lbs a week, and for the past three weeks, since I began taking Xenadrine, I have lost roughly 3.5 lbs. per week. There is still a lot of controversey about pills such as Xenadrine, and it has not been approved by the FDA. These are things to seriously consider. Personally, I like the product, and have seen good results thus far, but naturally, it is something that you should really research for yourself. If you *do* decide to try it, make sure you take a multi-vitamin daily, and drink *plenty* of water. Good Luck in your weight loss efforts- and congrats on the success with WW! Isn't it a fabulous program? I'm half a pound away from my 10% goal (lost 25.5 so far), and in my 11th week, so I'm feeling really good- we seem to be making about the same progress ;-)

tjsjazzgrl
05-23-2001, 01:20 PM
I really do appreciate your thoughts and postings.

I'm going to do some more research on it, but I'm happy to hear (Colleen) that you've had increased results.

I am doing well on my own and have really changed my habits and started excercizing much more, but if I can try something that would help speed things up a bit, I'm interested.

I promise to read and do lots of research first!!

Thanks for your advice and congrats to you all for your progress!

Cheers,
Taunia

paris27
05-24-2001, 07:07 PM
Did you start off with just 2 pills a day? I'm about to start them and was just wondering.

Thanks!

wcolleen
05-25-2001, 11:43 AM
I started with four a day. I have since reduced that to three a day. However, there have been several weeks where I've accidentally left the pills at the office, so I've gone without them on weekends, and still saw results. I would suggest taking only two or three a day. You'll still get results, and you won't feel so drained of energy on days when you're not taking them :-)

paris27
05-25-2001, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm also on WW and am trying to find something to supplement. I started today with just one pill in the a.m. and I'll do one this afternoon. I'll try that just to test my tolerance...then I may up it to 2 in the a.m. etc... So far I'm not really feeling any symptoms...just dry mouth. Hopefully this will help me as it's helped you!

wcolleen
05-25-2001, 02:26 PM
Haha... I had *severe* drymouth my first couple of weeks (even though I was drinking a TON of water at the time!) That'll go away eventually, I swear! :-)

tjsjazzgrl
05-25-2001, 02:42 PM
Hi All,

Well, I read all of the literature available, and despite the side effects that are listed, I decided to give myself one week and see how it affected me. I started today and I'm only taking one pill in the am and another in the pm right now.

So far, I have to say....I'm totally jiggy. I don't usually drink caffeine, so I think that's effecting me. I'm just a little jumpier than usual. So, I'll see how it goes until weigh-in on Wednesday to decide whether the jumpiness is worth it!

Cheers,
Taunia

wcolleen
05-25-2001, 02:53 PM
jazzgirl:

That doesn't happen to me anymore. The only affect I have *now* is that I feel SO drained of energy some days (when I don't take it.) I've started taking it one week on , one week off, to hopefully ease that a bit!

tjsjazzgrl
05-28-2001, 02:05 AM
Ok.....here's the thing: I LOVE this Xenadrine! I have a TON of energy and I feel like my body is feeling results. The bad thing is, I can't sleep! Literally. It's 2:00 a.m. right now and I cannot for the life of me go to bed. It's nice having energy, but I think this is a little TOO wired!

paris27
05-28-2001, 08:13 AM
Are you still only taking 2 per day? I take my second one (I just started taking them on Thursday) at around 1:00. I'm afraid if I do it much later I'll be restless at night too!

tjsjazzgrl
05-28-2001, 02:15 PM
Yep, I take my first pill early morning and my second is usually no later than 2:00. I guess my body just needs some adjusting. I'm not jittery anymore, so that's good....but I really am restless. It's not too bad, though.....I feel wide awake when I get up in the morning, so I'm not *really* concerned with the falling asleep problem.

Wednesday night is the test, though.....to see if I lost anything additional. I've been doing anywhere from 1-2 lbs on my own on WW, so we'll see if this actually has any benefits for me!

How is everyone else progressing?

wcolleen
05-29-2001, 08:58 AM
jazzgrl:

Let us know how you do on Wednesday! I'm still seeing good results. I lost another 2.8 lbs when I went to weigh-in on Thursday- earning me my 10% award- (yippee!) and that was with taking Xenadrine only three days last week (I ran out!). Unfortunately, I ate really bad over the holiday weekend, so I doubt I'll do very good this week! Oh well!

paris27
05-29-2001, 11:04 AM
I decided to up my dosage to 2 in the a.m. and one in the afternoon. I don't think it's doing much for me yet...except the dry mouth...small amount of increased energy. I'm having no problem sleeping but I don't take it past 2:00. I don't weigh in until Saturday, so I guess we'll see. But I don't see any difference yet in my appetite. I seem to be eating the same as I was. Guess time will tell!

angel_eyes45
01-27-2003, 09:28 AM
Hi
Are you all taking the new or the old version...i have read post where the new version(EFX) elimates the jiggeries. I am thinking of using it because I am 100 lbs overweight and have not had much success with dieting...i did do ww a few years ago and lost weight so i am going to start ww at home. wish me luck
Yvonne

wcolleen
01-27-2003, 11:44 AM
I posted my responses to jazzgirl's question more than a year and a half ago and have since changed my views on Xenadrine. It did work in getting some weight off for me, but I regained quite a bit of it when i stopped taking it. When you start taking those kinds of products, your body becomes dependent upon them. And eventually, the effect on your body will wear off, and you'd have to take even *more* to see any further results, thus increasing your dependence on them. There are probably many people here who use it, and are happy with what it does for them. I just wouldn't *personally* recommend it. I've tried it, and in the end, it did more harm than good.

On another note, I too started off with more than 100 pounds to lose. I'm down 85 pounds since March of 2001 (lost the first 60 very quickly, and have basically maintained since then, losing another pound or two per month, on average). I started with WW, and now loosely follow Body-for-Life. If you'd like to talk, feel free to send me a pm. I'd be happy to help you along in any way that I can. And good luck! You can TOTALLY do this! I started at 263 pounds, size 24/26, and am now wearing a 12/14, depending on the type/fit of clothing.

blipblop
02-02-2003, 12:28 AM
It's just a mild stimulant. Ephedrine is usually the effective ingredient, although some companies trying to cash in on the "natural" band wabgon, simply formulate using "extracts" of the plances.
Ephedrine=Ma Huang
Caffeine=Guarana
Aspirin =White Willow Bark

This is the classic ECA stack.Ycan buy the individual ingredients (Epehedrine pills, caffein pills, and aspirin) seperately and still come out cheaper than buying Xenadrine.

sheamarie1
06-10-2003, 08:34 PM
I did try it, but didn't lose any weight on it. I am have lost 25 pounds while just low fat dieting and exerciseing 2-3 times a week for 30 min. (walking) I ended up returning both the RFA and the other one with ephedra. I also was scared it would hurt me or something.

shadybaby1123
07-01-2003, 04:07 PM
do you have to be a certain age to purchase xenadrine?

bkro9
07-02-2003, 09:44 AM
Just an opinion from the other side...I took ONE pill per day and after a week or so noticed that I started sweating profusely, shaking and having heart palipitations. I do drink caffeine regularly although albeit not a great deal. I simply felt that something that could have that great effect on my body and not be approved wasn't worth it. So you lose one less pound a week, at least you know you aren't potentially harming your body. All I'm saying is, listen to your body and be careful!

SuchAPrettyFace
07-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Besides all the jumpy side effects, it also gave me HORRIBLE heartburn. Not worth it, IMHO.

Irishgirl
07-09-2003, 12:43 PM
i used it before it was ephedra free It doesn't do anything for me now save your $30.00!

funkmastermel77
07-24-2003, 03:49 PM
hi all --

ive taken phen-phen in the past, when it was just a little test baby, (3 months, lost like 40 lbs) and then regained all of the weight when i took myself off of it (cause i hated the way it made me feel).

i lost mostly all of my weight by just natural diet/exercise. ive tried xenadrine before, ive used it every once and a while as just an energy boost (and no where near the 4 pill a day reg) on days where i feel tired and i have a really long cardio session later in the day. it dehydrates your body, so you do see fast results--but there is NO magic pill. if you dont work out, you wont stay fit.

my mother is inactive due to a disability. she had gained weight in her 50s and started to take xenadarine and i had no idea when she started this until she had lost all of this weight. she was also dabbling in stackers. BUT because shes inactive, shes gained back all of the weight -- her eating style hasnt changed, she cant understand why shes gained all of it back....

anyway, my recommendation is if you take this or any supplement, PLEASE increase your water and take it early in the day.... and half the req dosage.

peace.
*melanie

Boothie
07-28-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by shadybaby1123
do you have to be a certain age to purchase xenadrine?

They made me show my ID before I could purchase it. I got mine at Wal-Mart, so that might be their policy.

I took it for two days, so I have loads left. Im just wondering if it would increase my weightloss (Im following South Beach Diet) or not do anything much. Anyone taken it while following another diet plan?

jeeplaw
08-24-2003, 12:40 PM
My experience using it is kind of unique. I've been using such products like Ripped Fuel, Xenadrine, Hydroxycut, and a pure ECA stack since I was a sophomore at Uconn (since '94). Ripped fuel at that time made me into an animal when i trained..literally. Although my weight lifting went up, and I was shedding weight like crazy (while doing cardio), it made my breathing terrible. At rest even when I wasn't working out. Stopped that for a while. And then came other forumulas from Xenadrine (which i used 1 year ago) and Hydroxycut. In my opinion, these formulas have gotten better, meaning less side effects for some people. They now include synephrine in the mix to help with the heart beat effect as I like to call it.

But all of these pills will NOT do much for you, from my experience and others who I know who have taken it, if you don't combine it with a steady diet AND exercise plan. IMO walking is good, but is not enough for some people to accelerate the metabolism (which xenadrine does a good job of). While these formulas are good in speeding up your metabolism a little bit, they will not be as effective until you combine it with something more aggresive to shed the pounds.

conway_1979
08-25-2003, 04:47 PM
It DOES give heartburn out the wazoo. I would stick to balanced diet. It may take longer, but it stays off. I am pretty sure these companies are not held to their marketing ploys at all. Watch out, The pill may become your metabolism. Do not become dependant on a pill. This will truely mess up your weight for sure. I say, eat healthy, moderate exercise, lose REAL weight, nd slowly but surely, get back to normal size. Good luck with whatever you do though.