South Beach Diet - Thursday Chat

View Full Version : Thursday Chat

Barb0522
02-03-2005, 03:06 AM
Since I am still up working (and waiting on someone else right now), I figure I will go ahead and start up the Thursday daily. I've never been the first in before. I am hoping to get a couple of hours of sleep when this change is done but I'll just have to wait and see. I really wish I could rely on DH to get my son to school and then I could sleep in tomorrow (oh, actually, I mean today).

I did manage to get enough time to fix the eggplant casserole for dinner which was really good. I never did get my afternoon snack and I haven't been drinking enough water today either. I'm a bit hungry but I guess I will go and eat a yogurt. I really don't want to get too much caffeine if there is a chance I will get a few hours of sleep.

chick_on_the_beach
02-03-2005, 03:20 AM
It is Thursday evening here and I am so glad the sun is slowly going down. The humidity is unbearable! We have BBQ'd the last two nights because I can't handle any cooking appliances on inside. The good news is that I am drinking about 3 litres of water a day atm.

Barb0522
02-03-2005, 04:04 AM
Chick - I never did get a chance to welcome you back! I think right now we could all use some of your climate's warmth but I'm sure we won't feel the same way in July or August. I've been finding it hard to drink all the water that I should when it is so cold (okay, Dallas is nowhere near as cold as Canada but, hey, I'm a wimp when it comes to cold.

chick_on_the_beach
02-03-2005, 05:29 AM
Sun is great and I am really enjoying the cold meat and salads but the stickiness just drains you. The forecast is for rain the next few days so that should clear the air a bit. The kids have all started back at school this week so I don't know how they are coping. I sure know the school pool looks inviting! And they all start swimming lessons next week for their PE. I will miss it by about May when it starts getting muddy and cold.

Mamacita
02-03-2005, 07:35 AM
Good morning, Chicks~~ :coffee:

I read the posts re: my boss yesterday and laughed. He'd just implode if he read all that. :lol: I had a chat with my courier yesterday and vented my frustrations. He said it was absolutely unreasonable to expect me to do what amounts to two full time jobs and he said he'd let the boss know that I'm pretty much at the breaking point. As soon as I'm able, I'm going to ask the boss to come to my office for a chat. I'm going to ask for a raise and tell him he needs to try and get the nursing home to try and condense their draws to Tues, Wed, and Thurs when possible. If they can't do that, then he's just going to have to find another phlebo to share the job.

I didn't even mention the icing on the cake Tuesday. I found out that last Thursday, one of my handspinner friends was killed in a car accident. This will make the 3rd friend I've lost in the last 6 months.

Who needs soap operas, huh? :rolleyes:

Had to go run a STAT last night across the city. Dh went with me and we wound up at IHOP for dinner. I just said "FRASS SBD" and I ate scrambled eggs, half a slice of ham, one slice of bacon, one sausage link, hash browns and 1 pancake. Thank goodness, the scale wasn't unkind to me this morning. Of course, that was all I'd had since my snack at 10:00 am. Got too busy to eat lunch....my beloved spinach and turkey bacon is still languishing in the fridge at work. I'll eat it today.

Right now, I'm munching on this yummy organic whole grain oat toast with lowfat cheese slices melted on top.

Hope all you chicks have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita

cottagebythesea
02-03-2005, 07:53 AM
OMG Mamacita, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of another one of your friends. It really hits home when you lose someone you know. I can't wait till you have that talk with your boss. It sounds like he's just going to pile your work load up on you unless you say something about it. Hope it all turns out well.

Barb, I guess you're sleeping by now, but I hope you'll have a good day today.

Chick on the Beach, Right now I'd enjoy some of that weather your're having, although I only want 1 or 2 days of it. When our weather turns hot and humid for days on end, then I start yearning for winter again - I'm never satisfied!

I don't know why I'm up so early today, there's nothing important happening. I'm going to go visit with my SIL later, and we always have a good time together, but other than that, nothing else is going on. I made the Shrimp Fried Rice last night, and I loved it. I think it's going to be one of my most used recipes. I used the food processor to grate the cauliflower, and I added some red peppers and low sodiom soy sauce to the recipe, and it was great. Jake was really sceptical about trying it, but he even liked it! I'm going to start substituting cauliflower for rice in all my recipes, as it works really well. But now don't worry, I'm smart enough to know not to try it for Rice Pudding, LOL!
I'm going to go look for something for breakfast and get another cup of coffee, so I'll check in with you all later.

Bamiegurl
02-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Mornin Chicks! Looks like some of ya were up cluckin early or should I say up cluckin late. Thanks for keepin it down so the rest of us could sleep! lol

Barb... You poor dear. I cannot believe your husband cannot be trusted to get DS off to school. I would have to have a serious talk with him.

Chick on the beach...Where are you located? Poor dear sweat it out! lol Maybe it will help you drop the pounds!

Mama... That boss of yours better get it together soon! Oh I am so sorry for your loss! That is alot to deal with so close together and then to have your boss and BIL on top of that! OY! I love IHOP! The best pancakes. Hey you did good if you only ate one! I hope the NH draws works out to the good soon!

Cottage... That was funny about the rice pudding. Which by the way I love! Have a good time with your SIL.

Me... I am gettin out of the house today no matter what! lol I have a ton of stuff to do that I have been puttin off and I am leaving for Atlanta in the morning so I have to get it done today. I can't wait to sleep in that heavenly bed. (I just hope it is!) lol I told DH if there are 2 I'm sleepin in one and he can have the other ! lol I love to sleep by myself he is a bed hog!

Have a great day everyone!

cottagebythesea
02-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Morning, Bamie! I know exactly what you mean about sleeping by yourself. Jake works the night shift, and when he is home all night, I can't sleep at all, he's such a bed hog! Rice Pudding is one of my favorite desserts, too, as is Bread Pudding, and I have a wonderful recipe for both. Too bad they're not compatible with SBD! Hope you get everything done today that needs doing so you'll be ready to leave for Atlanta tomorrow. Are you meeting up with Mamacita? That would be great. I'd love to meet you other Beach Chicks, and if any of you are ever in the Philadelphia area, please PM me so we can arrange to meet someplace.

Bamiegurl
02-03-2005, 09:48 AM
Yes cottage it looks Mamacita and I are gonna get to meet! I'm very excited. I have never met anyone from the internet before! I have never been to Philly. I have always said I wanted to go. We to Pittsburgh every few years. DH is from that area. I had never seen anything like the townships and stuff until I went up there. I told him it was just like you see in movies but never realized it was real. The way they build houses stacked up on the side of a mtn. I love it. If we ever make it over that way I will look you up! OH pudding!!!!!!!!!!!! (lol)

Rayneysmom
02-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Morning Chicks, hope everyone is bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning :D . Me, I was up with my 4 yr old all night. :dz: She has a bad cold and chest thing going on. And of course, she doesn't want DH when she's sick. It has to be mommy.

With this crazy NC weather lately, it's 16 one day and 60 the next. We have sleet and rain today for your viewing pleasure. When will I ever learn to take the umbrella OUT of the car and INTO the house :?: . I have come to the conclusion that the weather forecasters simply cannot predict winter weather in NC. If they say we will get nothing - we get hammered, if they say we will get hammered, we get nothing.

I ate a small pork chop and some pinto beans for dinner last night. I'm trying to weigh in the AM after my shower so I don't have to subtract for clothes and shoes :lol: . Hanging steady at 148 though. Maybe next week I will lose some more.

Not much else going on today. Same old same old at work. Everyone wants everything NOW. :stress: And they wait til the last minute to ask for it. I do so love men who don't have the foggiest notion of what PLANNING means. I have a sign in my office that I point to regularly. "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine". However, they still want it NOW. Go figure.

Well, better git. I have a drs. appointment today so I have to leave early. I'll check in later though.

Hope everyone has a great day on the beach. :dance:

ellis
02-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Barb, you need a nap, sweetie. :grouphug: Get your water in today, girl! :yes:

Chick, humidity... ugh! I don't know which I hate most... that or the cold.

Mamacita, I'm so very sorry about your friend. :grouphug: And three in six months... :(
Stay strong with your boss, hon! :yes:

Cottage, have fun with your SIL!! It's nice to have a good "connection" like that, isn't it. :yes: One of my SILs I LOVE, and the other one... well, I'd have no trouble pushing her off a cliff.
I also use shredded cabbage (I buy the bags of preshredded coleslaw) instead of rice... it's yummy!

:lol: Bamie, I hear ya re: the beds. Our bedroom is in the attic, and the only size bed we could get up there is a double. It's a tight squeeze for two fully-grown adults. (one of them 60 pounds overweight!)

DH has the morning off, and he's making me exercise. ho hum.
I'll be back later... have a great day, gals! :wave:

ellis
02-03-2005, 10:07 AM
Kelly, I missed your post...I'm so sorry about your little one. :( I hope she's better soon. :grouphug:

amb_lyn
02-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Good Morning Ladies~

Mama~I'm so sorry about your friend.

Kellly~I hope your little one feels better. I know exactly what you're going through. My baby has been sick for a week & a half now. It's just horrible. Our weather here in Kansas is the same. They can't seem to get it right lately. Luckily though, we haven't had alot of snow/ice. Just cold mostly.

To those who have been here already & have yet to come in, GOOD MORNING!!

Me~Well, today is baby's 1st birthday. *SIGH* I can't believe it's been a year already. I am baking his birthday cake & dh will decorate it later with Elmo design. I might have a bite a two, but that's it. I've been doing so well, I am not going to screw it up! *I hope* For dinner, I am not sure what I will eat, rest of family are going to have corndogs and fries, since that's what the baby likes. It is his birthday so we're having something he enjoys. Wish it didnt have to be fattening. Well, I"m off to clean and nap. I'll check back in later.

Have a Great OP Day!

Ruthxxx
02-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Wow! I am soooo late this morning.

Barb, all nighters are so draining! I've done quite a few in my time and know how burned out you feel afterwards. I hope you can get some proper rest.

Chick, I know you are in the Southern Hemisphere and thought you were in OZ but then you went there for a visit. Are you a Kiwi?

Mamacita, I am so sorry to hear of the death of your friend. Losing someone around our own age certainly makes us look at life differently doesn't it.

Cottage, hmmmm....rice pudding made of cauliflower. I wonder. MAybe if you cooked it in milk first it would work. Let us know. Bread pudding would be OK on Phase II.

Bamie, I hate bed hogs. A knee in the nuts works wonders. Enjoy your Atlanta visit and I do hope you can meet Mamacita.

Rayneysmom, my umbrellas are always in the car when I'm in the house. Even worse, when I'm in the car, they are in the trunk! So weather forecasters down there lie just like the ones we have here!

Ellis, did DH drag you out on the Canal yet? That would certainly count for mega exercise IMHO! :( Harry used to insist on skating from the NAC to the Dow's Lake Pavilion and then back, nearly killing me.

Amber, give your little darling a birthday hug and do take pictures. I wish you strength in resisting the birtday menu.

Me? I was up early as usual but got into gathering recycle stuff in the cellar. What a mess! I lugged it upstairs by eight, got dressed and went to the store to get a $20 changed to pay the dump run guy only to spot him on his way out of town. I missed pick-up! He must have been really early today. Anyhow, I loaded all the reuse/recycle/reduce stuff into my car and actually visited the dump myself! It has really changed and was not too bad an excursion. Dennis is the Emperor of the Dump and even took my stuff out of the car and pitched it into bins for me, accompanied by the usual Delta type kidding and teasing, of course.

Now I'm home and need to get tuna salad organized for Harry's lunch - His Majesty does not like the way Jane makes tuna salad but will allow her to make him a sandwich! I have a spoiled husband and two spoiled dogs. Jane is due at 11 and I sure hopes she makes it as I have a busy schedule today. I need to go to The Falls to bottle wine, get meat for dog food, hit Wally World and also pay a call at the funeral home in Elgin. I'm not sure I can fit it all in by 4 PM. The visitation is for Peter Breedyk, a charming Dutch gentleman who fled Holland during the war. He was a really sweet and funny man who loved to drop in to sing with me and sip tea and munch cookies. He lived to 91 and departed peacefully. If I don't get to the visitation, I'll definitely make it to the funeral tomorrow morning and the burial here in Delta.

Hershey was a really good dog when she got her stitches out yesterday. What a stoic! She has healed well and seems even more back to normal now; I guess they pulled. Lucy looks absolutely gorgeous with her fur-styling and was her usual silly self with Holly. Putting your paws on the groomer's shoulders and licking her ears is not really acceptable fur-salon behaviour! :lol: Holly adores her and it's mutual.

OK - tuna salad, treadmill and get dressed for shopping and a wake. Such excitement!

Have a great Thursday.

geekchic
02-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Good morning!

Got my run in last night and it felt great, but my left foot aches this morning. Plantar fascitis. I had it really bad at my heaviest and it went away as I lost weight. Now that I have gained back 20 pounds it is back. :( It does seem like my body has forgot about the 50 pounds that I have NOT gained back. Oh well.

Tonight is my spinning guild meeting, and I can't wait! I'm supposed to do a little teaching segment about knitting in the round, and possibly a little about knitting using the "magic loop method." I've never taught anything before and I'm a little apprehensive.

Mamacita, that is so sad about your friend who died. You certainly have dealt with a lot of rough times in the past little while. I hope that your fortunes turn around soon.

Time for me to get back to work!

Bamiegurl
02-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Kelly... I hope the baby feels better soon!

Amber... Give the baby a big birthday hug from all of us! Have a good time. I must admit corndogs are one of my favs as well!

Ellis.... We have a king size bed and he still sleeps on my side!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rayneysmom
02-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Ruth, glad Hershey is feeling like her old self again. MMMMMMM bottle of wine sure would be nice - but my husband really likes me sober. For that matter, I like me sober. I will have 6 months clean & sober on the 12th of this month :bravo: and I have to speak at an open meeting on the 17th. That makes me nervous. I like to talk - just not about personal stuff like my addictions and surely not for an hour :o . But I gotta do what I gotta do :eek:

Ellis & Bamie thanks for the thought. I hope she feels better soon too - maybe then I can get some sleep :yawn:

Amber - I remember when Rayney turned 1. Chocolate cake EVERYWHERE. Such fun. Give him a big hug for me. They sure don't stay little forever. :( How did the dr. appt. go for him yesterday?

Any Philly Eagles fans out there?? I am originally from the Pocono Mountains of PA. So naturally, I have to pull for the home team:) We are having another couple over to the house for the Bowl. Frying a turkey in my new turkey fryer I got for Christmas from DH. Think he was trying to tell me something? For that matter, he bought me a BREADMAKER. So nice of him right before I started back on the Beach :devil: Now I have to make it for him and smell it - but I won't eat it :nono:

Well, back to work - Geek - I hope your foot feels better.

Check in again later

geekchic
02-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Amber, happy Bday to your baby! Maybe you can get some of those Boca corn dogs and peel off the outside layer? The frozen ones are not fried so they are a lot better for you, only you have to avoid that sweet sugary cornbread coating.

Kelly I hope that your baby feels better soon.

Ruth, you are so efficient!! I hope that your DH loves his tuna salad! I wonder how that would be with the cilantro mayo. BTW how come Dr. A makes that mayo with lowfat mayo, which I have not seen a single one that doesn't contain sugar / corn syrup. :?:

Bamiegurl, I love reading your posts. Did you know that I grew up in Georgia? We always had jokes about Alabama as I am sure that you do about Georgia. :devil: But your accent just comes through in your posts and I love it! I also love reading about the warm weather -- send summa that up here!

sweet tooth
02-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Mornin' everyone. I have been crazy busy, trying to read your posts, but haven't had much time to post these past few days. However, I am going to take the time today, since I have missed you all.

Barb - Do get some sleep, sweetie. Those all nighters seem to be very common in your life and with the responsibilities of getting DS off to school added on, you must be exhausted. Take care of yourself, and get that water in, too.

Chick on the beach - I'll trade you weather...althought the weather here hasn't been too bad the last couple of weeks. Only -3 this morning, however, the forecast is for -25 this weekend. It is still better than the -51 that I encountered when I was babysitting the grandkids. I would love to be able to go anywhere without worrying about getting vehicles started, or where I left my hat and mitts... Do count yourself fortunate now, but I guess you will be getting your cool weather soon enough.

Mama - You really must get your boss trained. The 'talk' will be a career altering move. It will either work out for the best, or get the boss so upset that it will affect your job on a long term basis. Tread carefully, and remember not to let emotions get involved. Stick with the facts. Good luck.

So sorry to hear about your friend. It is difficult to realize that we are not immortal. It always amazes me that children do such silly and dangerous things because they do not realize that there could be dire consequences, yet when they are older, they shudder at the things they did when they were young. Do take care.

Cottage - I must try that recipe. I am not a big fan of rice - after living in Thailand where we ate rice three times a day - but that recipe sound nummy. Have fun with SIL today.

Bamie - Men! Can't figure out why they are all bed hogs. Mine rolls across the bed when he turns over, often onto his back with his hands behind his head. AND his elbow in my chops. Theeeennnn, he can't figure out why I didn't sleep well. :rolleyes: Enjoy your trip and your meeting with Mama.

Kelly - I don't envy you being up. Hope she is feeling better today. When babysitting the grandkids a couple of weeks ago, I caught the flu from the baby, but was still up all night with him for three nights. By the time I got home, I was soooo sick and soooo tired...and that was only 4 days. I guess I am just out of practise, and also practise that I don't plan to rekindle. :lol:

ellis - Have fun exercising. By the way, how did your kitchen reno turn out. Do you have any pics?

Amber - WOW, a 1 year old in the house. What fun. Enjoy the cake without any guilt. You are planning it as part of your eating plan, just make sure that you don't overdo. Try to find SBD friendly foods for the rest of the meal and the few bites of cake will be a treat. Enjoy each bite. Happy birthday to the baby...

Ruth -You sound like you have had a full morning already and much more work to finish before the day's end. Have fun.

geekchic - Have fun at your guild meeting. What is the magic loop method. I have never heard of it before.

Me - It has been crazy here, but I did finally get back to the track this week. Feels good, too (I can't believe that I said that). My wieght has been holding steady, so that is a good thing. It is now 3 months at goal, so I am setting a goal to maintain for another 3. I didn't think it would be so difficult, but, one day at a time.

We found out yesterday that we have company coming tonight to spend the weekend with us. I will need to rush home from work and finish taking down the Christmas decorations. :D We really haven't been home much since the New Year, except for one weekend that I was too sick to get out of bed. Soooo, the Christmas decorations are still waiting. I still have 5 trees to take down, so the job is more than half done. Then, DH will need to find a place to store them again. Our storage space is really small and now overflowing. But, that is men's work.

I will catch up again on Monday. I have tomorrow off and will be too busy to check in. Have a great weekend, everyone. Ta ta.

geekchic
02-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Magic Loop (http://www.az.com/~andrade/knit/mloop.html)

Bamiegurl
02-03-2005, 12:16 PM
geekchick... I was actually born in Ga. I make alot more fun of Tn peeps. I am a big Bama fan and after livin in Tn with those stinkin volunteers so long and listenin to them rag me about Alabama (my mother is from Al) I give all my grief to them! Yea it's funny how your accent comes through your post! Specially for me probably cause I cut most of my words short. No g's! lol You don't want todays weather high of 43 clouds and drizzle! lol

beachgal
02-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi, all! :D

Barb, I hope you got some sleep! What a job you have, and you're such a great mother besides. How do you do it? :D

Chick, I hear you...the humidity is nearly unbearable for me. I get SO cranky! Just think how much worse it would be if you were still your starting weight?

Mama, I'm so glad we made you laugh! :grouphug: So very sorry to hear about your friend. I hope that things get much better soon. :goodvibes:

Cottage, how did you "rice" the cauliflower (don't tell me you have one of those mandolin thingies or I'll have to kill you. ;) )? Sounds yummy! Hey, why not make the bread pudding with sourdough or WW bread, and make the rice pudding with brown rice or the white rice that is allowed (Barb, which is it??? :?: )? Yum!!! :D

Bamie, tell me more about this heavenly bed... (can you tell that I'd rather be sleeping right now? :lol: ) Have a great time getting everything done, and enjoy the trip to Atlanta!!! :D

Rayneysmom, amen about men and planning. :rolleyes: Sorry about you staying up all night! I do the same with my umbrella. :lol: DH always asks, "Where is your umbrella?" and rolls his eyes when I say it's in the car, with my coat. :lol: Hey, girlie, you need more veggies! As an Italian grandmother would say, "Mangere, Mangere!" (my poor spelling...) :bravo: on 6 months!!! And speaking aloud is so healing, for you and for others. Good for you! And you can use your breadmaker...just make WW or sourdough. Yum!!! :T

Ellis, how did the exercise go? Are you still running? Are you and DH working on the kitchen today? ;)

Amb_lyn, congrats to baby! My mom's family has a custom that she did with us, too. You make a cake just for the baby on their first birthday. She made a small round and put a cupcake sized cake on top, then frosted it. It is such fun to see the baby take little finger fulls at first, then handfuls, then just bite parts right off the cake...makes a huge mess, but lots of laughing and pictures!

Wow, Ruth, busy day! :faint: I love your dog stories...they always make me smile! :) And I want pictures of your pups...more pictures, please! :D Shame about Peter, but so glad he was in your life. He sounds fabulous! I would love to skate the canals...I hear they have hot chocolate stands and ice sculptures...so fun! :D Hope you have a good day in spite of the wake. Love the story of the dump...you are great! :strong:

Misty, after you've taught it, can you come by my place and teach me? ;) I would love to learn how to knit more. My neighbor knows how but it's tough to try to get together. Enjoy the spinning guild! :D

Peggy, glad to see you back! Missed you! :grouphug: Congrats on 3 months at goal! :cp: What will you do after the next 3 months? Just wondering... I'm with you on the X-mas decorations. We have all our stuff down, but it's all over the dining room table. :rolleyes:

Me:
Okay, holding steady at 221...better than earlier this week, so I'll take it. Made the curried chicken nuggets recipe, but used 1 Tbsp of Chili and garlic sauce (no sugar) and 1 Tbsp of SF ketchup instead of the Chili sauce called for. It was spicy and very good! I had a piece of WW Naan bread from Trader Joe's with it. Got that last time I was in CA.

Did Yoga/Pilates class last night, which was really fun and relaxing. Looking forward to Jazzercise tonight.

Hey, I have a question for all your fellow dog-owners (as if we really own them! :lol: ). We're still trying to find out what our dog is a mix of...she's definitely part Corgi. Others have said German Shepherd based on her looks. Anyways, I've noticed that she's been "pointing" a lot. She lifts up one leg, sticks her tail straight out, and looks straight ahead. Is that a common action for all dogs or specific to some breeds? I was wondering if it might give us a clue as to her parentage. :shrug:

Have a great day, chickies!

Rayneysmom
02-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Laurie - I KNOW I KNOW - I am really not a veggie person though. I am a meat and potatoes (and pasta and bread) :dizzy: person (thus the fat!!!) I will try though.

Do you have any pics of your dog? I may be able to shed some light. You mention in your profile a rescue dog - is it the same dog? Or have you gotten a new one? How big is she?

Well, better go. Have to go to the Dr. in a bit. Lucky me. I won't be back til tomorrow - so you all have a great day and night. Check ya tomorrow

HunnyBee
02-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Good Morning, Checking in!

Wow everyone is soooo busy today!!! Im at work and it's my pseudo Fri since I have the day off tomorrow. Doing good on diet and did fat blasting cardio last night awesome workout. I forgot how good it feels to sweat! :tread: Anyway, going to texas roadhouse for dinner tonight. So Im already thinking of what I want so I won't be dissuaded. :dizzy:

TOM came last night so my WI yesterday has to be a fluke and Im not taking stock in it! I also weighed here at work... which is another WI that is not good. I don't want to say Not good maybe not precise is a better word.

:hb: Amby_lyn Happy Birthday Baby! (they grow so big so fast!! :cry: )

Well hope everyone has a great day on the Beach! :flow2:

Wondermom
02-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Morning all.
this is my first time on the chat thread!:cheer: I am a sahm to three (with two grown - so five in all) and have been on the beach for awhile. Well kinda! :dizzy: Went off it during the summer last year after losing 25lbs in 3mos but I have maintained it since. I need to get going again and lose another 25 so I am back at phase 1. But I am so weak this time.......:hungry: :mcd: :hb: Too many cheats so I am still on phase 1 after a month trying to detox myself. In the month I have lost 5lbs......4 of it this week! :o Obviously, I am being good this week! I also actually rode the excercise bike for 10mins! I can't believe it. :dancer: I was just starting to sweat and lose my breath but my legs were killing me...... :^:

I guess that's it for now. Good luck and have a great day. I'll check back later. (love these little icons!hehe :lol: )

oh, please see mine thread asking for help with diet ideas. ITs really important. Thanks!

geekchic
02-03-2005, 01:45 PM
Hi Wondermom! Welcome to the chat and back to the beach!

I'm a little grr'd because I just ate lunch and still feel hungry! Here is what I had:

About 1/4 lb of turkey pastrami (needed to finish it before it goes bad)
1 slice 2% American cheese
1 large salad (just the European lettuce mix, sliced bell pepper, and a little dressing)

I still feel hungry! Augh. Maybe I am just thirsty. I had diet soda with my meal, maybe I will drink some water and hope it goes away.

I've gotta go 2 hours before my afternoon snack! What is going on :/ I thought all that meat would fill me up.

HunnyBee
02-03-2005, 02:01 PM
Misty your probably thirsty... keep drinking water and try again in 20min!!**I hate being hungry :mad:

2BFIT1
02-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Oh my gosh, so many posts already!! There's no way I can address everybody cause I type too slow.
MC~~ I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. :grouphug:

Cottage~~I'll have to give the cauliflower/rice thing a try.

Bamie~~Enjoy Atlanta. I wish I could meet with you but I work weekends :(
Misty~~Good luck teaching your class tonight :0

Kelly~~ Congrats on your 6 months of sobriety :bravo:

Amber~~ :hb: :hb: Happy 1st B-Day to your son.

Ruth~~I'm also sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. It sounds like you have many wonderful memories of him :grouphug"

Ellis~~How's the kitchen going?

Me~~I've been doing well this week and even am getting some exercize in, too. Dinner tonight is Chicken Stew: it's simmering as I speak :hungry:

kissyjoy
02-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Hi Chickies!

A quick post for me today as I'm really busy!

I got up this morning and did another Tae Bo video. The only thing is that I haven't done this particular one so I thought it would be somewhat the same as the others (I have a series that mainly focuses on cardio with some floor work at the end). This one started out that way until Billy decides to make us plop our booties on the floor for a good 50 minutes doing butt and ab workouts. My gluteus is killing me right now! And please stop making me laugh because my abs feel like someone keeps jabbing a knife at them! :lol: OUCH! I got a really good lower body workout and think I will use that in place of weights. Maybe I'll go home tonight and do some upper body weights to balance things out. :strong:

I have to run home tonight because a bride is calling me from North Carolina to talk about her July wedding in Santa Barbara. That one will be a lot of fun since it's taking place at the zoo. The zoo overlooks the ocean and is gorgeous. It is truly one of the best venues in town for it's uniqueness.

No more progress on our kitchen last night as DH got home really late. He had an electrical job to do at IHOP in Compton. When I found out he was going there I asked if he was crazy. :yikes: Compton is not a nice place to be for a nice white guy.....nor most anyone else. :no: It's one scary place but he made it back in one piece. After hearing some of you talking about IHOP, I won't tell you what he saw there. :tied: Let's just say that I'm not going to IHOP in Compton.

I'll check back in a little later if I get a chance!

geekchic
02-03-2005, 03:43 PM
I am still struggling, 3 glasses of water down the hatch, 2 stalks of celery and a wedge of laughing cow, and a few more nuts, and still hungry. WTF?! Maybe it is TOM. Usually when I would feel like this is when I would eat a whole box of Twinkies in one sitting. Must resist. Must not screw up on phase 1!

HunnyBee
02-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Misty your doing great... I try to stay busy instead of munching I usually forget to snack or realize It's time for my afternooon snk

NillaWafer
02-03-2005, 04:04 PM
My husband is a huge Eagles fan. He is from Wilmington DE and is beside himself that the Eagles are playing in the Superbowl. Everyone thought we would be having a big bash but he said no since it would distract him to much from the game. We are having a couple of people over but from the amount of food you would think we are having a lot. My husband even had a case of assorted Herr's potato chips sent to the house (can't get them in California) so he could enjoy them with some cheese steaks.

chick_on_the_beach
02-03-2005, 04:16 PM
I am from Auckland, New Zealand which is the most humid part of New Zealand. The rest of it tends to be a dryer heat. I just got back from one month in Australia and the humidity was as bad there and temperature slightly hotter but they are better geared up for heat than we are, more shady spots to wait in, and everything is air conditioned. It was good because it was a bit too hot to eat much but my downfall was the tropical fruit and ice cream.

The good news is that I have lost 3.3 pounds in the four days since I restarted phase one, and I cheated on day two by splitting a chocolate brownie with a friend so it looks like I need to add a few extra days to my phase one. I did my first pump class in about 7 weeks yesterday and my chest muscles feel so sore today. It hurt to drag myself out of bed this morning.

Bamiegurl
02-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Ruth... Sorry about your dear friend.

Sil... I thought about you. If something happens and you are in Atlanta holler at me. lol

Laurie...I'm not sure what a Heavenly Bed or a Heavenly bathroom is but I sure intend to find out! lol I'll let ya know about it! lol

Chick o t b... Thanks for the info! Stay cool!

Nilla... I was pullin for the Steelers but now I'm not sure. DH will probably still go with PA. Who knows.

Geekchick... I have been the same way for 2 days. I have ate everything I could get my hands on! It's all OP but still. I have drank enough water to float a boat.

Kissjoy...No pain No gain! lol! Oh wait your not supposed to laugh! teehee

Hunnybee...Enjoy your dinner. Mom and I went to Longhorn for lunch. I am soooo full!!!!!! It was so good! All OP!

Well gotta go get them girls and get 'em to the high school for soccer practice. (fun fun)

kissyjoy
02-03-2005, 06:27 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OUCH! Thanks Bamie!

cottagebythesea
02-03-2005, 07:01 PM
We're not big football fans, but since the Eagles are our hometeam we're happy and rooting for them. But it's sickening that that's about ALL you hear on the news. I know it's better than hearing about robberies, murders, and all the other horrible things going on in the world, but I'm getting pretty tired of listening to fans screaming into the microphone and making A**'s of themselves. I think the media encourages this type of behavior. But on Sunday we'll be glued in front of the TV cheering on our team!

Laurie, I've tried making rice pudding with brown rice, and it's OK, but it's just not the same. I use a food processor to rice the cauliflower, but, ummm, yes, I DO also have one of those mandolin thingys, LOL. I don't use it often because it's messy, and once I almost decapitated my thumb! By the way, as an Italian I can tell you, it's "mangia, mangia". I'm really happy that you're feeling better about yourself, you sounded so depressed earlier in the week. You've made so much progress on SBD, and all of us here are so proud of you. I'm eagerly anticipating the day you announce to us that you and DH are pregnant. Take care.

Amber, I hope the birthday party went well. Take a lot of pictures so you can remember this precious time.

Everyone else, Take care, and have a nice relaxing evening!

little chick
02-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Hey chicks just a quickie, I have not had a good day.. grr. Although I did go for a walk. Well I will be back in again tomorrow. Hello to all you chicks and a warm welcome to the newbies

HistoryChick
02-03-2005, 11:20 PM
Just a quick hello ladies....Work was slow today...I guess it's the weather...it snowed all day...maybe an inch stuck...Our weathermen here don't know how to predict it as well....either they tell us we'll get a bunch and we don't or they'll tell us we'll get nothing and we get a bunch...today we weren't supposed to get anything but rain and a few flurries....HA....I did manage to put my picture in the southbeach gallery...so those of you who want to see what i look like venture on to our gallery! Nothing new and exciting is going on...might go dancing tomorrow night with some friends...which would be fun....we'll see...I hope you all are doing well and keep up the great work!!