WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 11:14 PM   #1  

On an earlier thread, I remember seeing some messages about Bubba Burgers being 4 points. Well, I was checking them out at the WalMart SuperCenter this weekend, and that's not what I saw. On the box I saw, it listed them for one 1/3 lb patty (raw) as right around 390 calories and 25 grams of fat. I don't recall the fiber count, but it had to be negligble because I calculated the points in my head to right at 10 points for one burger, and using the info above gives you 10 points.

Now I'm not calling anyone a liar or anything, but how did you come up with 4 points??? Are you able to get them in smaller sizes than the 1/3 lb patties? I was really looking forward to trying them, but when I read the label, I dropped that box like a hot potato!

Am I missing something?

[This message has been edited by StraitLover (edited 02-14-2001).]
Old 02-14-2001, 11:34 PM   #2  

Did you maybe see "Boca Burger" instead of Bubba Burger?

Just wondering?? Cause a Boca Burger with Bread and everything could come out to 4 points...

I don't know what a Bubba Burger is so I really can't help ya there...

------------------
Lisa K.
178.5*164*?
12/26 02/10

Happiness isn't found at the end of the road...but along the way
Old 02-14-2001, 11:39 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

93% lean ground beef (4 ounces cooked) is 4 points. Maybe there is a lean version. I know my stores carry various pre-made patties ranging from 70% lean to 96% lean. Or is maybe Bubba Burger a chain.....

Kel

Pssst - where is the thread that refers to it.
Old 02-14-2001, 11:53 PM   #4  

Kelly, it was one of the many Boca Burger threads that recently hit. Since the Search function is gone, I have not had time to look for it.

Bubba Burger is a premade hamburger patty. At the WM, they had them either 6 or 8 to a box, and they also had a large box (about twice the size of the other one). On the rare occasions I eat a real hamburger at home, I use 93% or better lean. I just liked the idea of these already premade so I could throw them on the GF grill frozen. Oh, well!

I have a box of Bocas in the freezer. I'm trying to work up the courage to try them. I know; I'm a big baby ...
Old 02-15-2001, 12:05 AM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

Psssssssssssst the search is back! Suzanne turned it back on several weeks ago.
Old 02-15-2001, 02:02 AM   #6  
Wolfangel

Under the WW General thread:

Squasha
Chick-let posted 01-06-2001 08:41 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love my George Forman! I have discovered Bubba Burgers. The Vidalia Onion Bubba Burger is 4 points and with a 3 point hamburger bun you can have a great burger when you need a burger fix. You can put the frozen burgers on the George and it is ready in six minutes.
I clean my George with wet towel on the grill while it is still hot. Works great!

[This message has been edited by Wolfangel (edited 02-14-2001).]

Old 02-15-2001, 02:16 AM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Sounds like it may be a combo type beef and veggie burger?!!!!?!?!?!?!????? Ok I have to go in search of these now to post "correct" info! LOL! Just teasing I'm sure she is correct with her figures.
Old 02-15-2001, 04:20 AM   #8  

The one I saw WAS the Vidalia Onion one. They come in a brown and white box. The only thing I can think is that maybe they come in different size patties other than the 1/3 lb.

Kelly, where is the SEarch button if it's turned back on? I still only see the Post and Reply buttons. Do you have to go about it a different way now? I had been wondering about it since I remember seeing a few posts where people said they had searched for something but since I didn't see that button, I figured they were nuts and ignored them!

Duh, never nimd on the Search!! I see it now. It's just not a button like before. Yay!!!

[This message has been edited by StraitLover (edited 02-14-2001).]
Old 02-15-2001, 07:45 PM   #9  

I had also posted about the Bubbas. Sorry...my Vidalia Bubba burgers come in a yellow box---the regular are in the brown box in my area and it's the regular that are much higher in fat and calories. I too was skeptical but I contacted the company and they assured me the info was accurate. I eat on average about 5 a week and have been losing streadily so I'm apt to believe the info

Melissa

Old 02-15-2001, 08:19 PM   #10  

Melissa, just to satisfy my curiosity, could you look on your box and post how much one of your patties weigh? The ones in the box i saw (brown) looked to be about the size of a BK Whopper, and I thought that seemed a little large for a 4 pt burger! I will see if I can find the ones in the yellow box.

See, I knew I had to be missing something . That was why I wanted to be absolutely sure that I didn't seem like I thought someone was telling a story. Thanks, Melissa!!!
Old 02-15-2001, 11:10 PM   #11  

I'll have to do that at home, but I do know that these guys are big---which is why I contacted the company--I believe they are the 1/3 of a pound ones. If I wasn't still losing at a good clip, I'd take these out of the ol' dining rotation because I still have trouble believing their nutritional info is what it says. Plus, I plop them on the GF grill and oodles of fat comes out(which I guess is good but still makes me suspicious!)

I've given up my Breakfast cookies, but I refuse to give up my Bubbas!!!

Melissa

Old 02-16-2001, 12:30 AM   #12  

The Search function is below the Post and Reply. Kind of sandwiched in between the Help, Profile, Register Preference, etc...
Pat
Old 02-22-2001, 10:32 PM   #13  

OK, I wrote down all the Bubba burger options my store offered last night.

Bubba "Vidalia" (yellow box)
each patty weighs 1/3 lb
170 cal, 8g fat, 0 fiber = 4.07 pts each

Bubba "Reduced Fat" (green box)
each patty weighs 1/4 lb
210 cal, 13g fat, 0 fiber = 5.28 pts each

Bubba "Original" (light brown box)
each patty weights 1/3 lb
340 cal, 25g fat, 0 fiber = 8.88 pts each

Bubba "Black Angus" (black box)
(they were out last night, but I've looked before and they were highest in points)

Hope this helps those who're hooked on "Bubba's".
Paige

[This message has been edited by Parsp (edited 02-22-2001).]
Old 02-23-2001, 12:41 AM   #14  

Thanks, Parsp! The ones I saw were the light brown box, so I feel much better now. I was doing the calories by memory; I said 390 and it was actually 340, so that's the extra point I had.

I will see if can find the Vidalia ones! What store do you get yours from?
Old 02-23-2001, 12:53 AM   #15  

In SC, I've seen the Original's at BiLo and the Vidalia at Harris Teeter, but Kroger had all three varieties last night.
Closed Thread