Support Groups - Weighty Issues #24

View Full Version : Weighty Issues #24

melekalikimaka
02-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Welcome to the February edition of Weighty Issues. To any newbies, we are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did.

melekalikimaka
02-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Good morning ladies. I just woke up and while not really raring to go, I thought I'd start us a new thread for February. Where the heck did January go??? Well, to recap the month for me, I did lose 7 lbs, but I've started slumping--when I get really busy with work I skip breakfast (BAD), then I reach for the cookies, then overeat at the next meal, I'm not drinking as much water as I should. I am starting February with a new mindset AGAIN and just starting over.

I have to get the boy ready for school so I will pop back in later. Have a great day everyone.

jbbm
02-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Noelle you are so funny with the eye candy and all. Can't find that Jude cut out yet . But since you have some right in front of you, you may not need it. What a story about that lady in your yard....do you think she was homeless? How scary for someone just to come in your private property though! AI tonight Noelle?

Angie I can not wait to see pictures of your new place. I bet it will be just so nice. That cozy like home feeling. Especially with all the baked goodies cooking all the time. My house feels cozier when there is something in the oven . My thoughts are with you and your family to have a wonderful business.

Last night my computer was night working at all, I tried signing on but nothing. But today it is okay for the moment. It is a damp day today. In the thirties. So I should not complain. My heart was feeling so heavy last night and today. So after I dropped my ds off at preschool, dd and I went to church and it made me feel better. I am under a huge amount of stress right now and it only makes my anxiety worse. But I am okay. I always feel better after a mass. And dd sat like a good girl while I had communion and prayed. The stress is my ds. He likes school but needs a special aide. He is so smart can count to 1000 but they may think he might have a sensory problem. He has problems accepting hugs from different people and playing with other kids, I think he is just shy and at sixteen he will be the life of the party. Because that is what I know how he really is. So today we have an appointment with an occupational therapist. I just don't want my baby to have a label on him at the age of five. It is just so hard for me....I am starting to cry again. Well I hope I didn't bring anyone down with me. I will try and check back later on. Have a beautiful day girls.

Sorry should have started a new thread. Oopps.

PhotogirlTX
02-01-2005, 12:16 PM
OK, it is February. I have kicked myself in the butt and I am feeling somewhat better. Yesterday, a friend out of state said he proposed a challenge to another friend of his to do one 5K run every month til the end of the year. I started thinking, I have always wanted to do that, so why not? Instead of concentrating on losing weight, I will concentrate on training (therefore losing weight, just not obsessing over it). So, I went and researched and found three 5K races that I am going to sign up and do.

First one is March 12th. Second is April 10th. Third is May 21st.

So, Look for me to be back, more motivated than I have been, with something to focus on.

:-) Sorry I've been such a slacker!

Talk to you guys soon.

(((HUGS)))

Cherie

Kempyd
02-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Hey guys. I am back after a weekend of to much drinking. Damn New Olreans. It gets me every time. I guess we just got cuaght up in the moment. I was OP thought with food so I didn't blow it too much.

Cherie that is a good idea. I know that for the Cresent City Classis they have training tips everyday on their internet site. I wonder if the one you are going to do has the same thing.

Noelle I am convinced that your neighboors are crazy. The dog guy and now this lady. :lol: At least she left when you told her too. Poeple do really amaze me sometimes.

Angie how in the world did you find what those other people where bidding on? I have got to try that one. I have been beat out so many time by a small stupid amount. It is on things that I really don't need so I guess it is ok.

Julie I can't wait for Val. day. Joe and I have to go to dinner the Friday b4 b/c he has to take a lcass out of town that week. I am going to have some dessert and I am going to love it. I am saving up some cals for that dinner.

Speaking of dinner I need to go pull something out of the freezer. I will check back later.

melekalikimaka
02-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Hey girls, I'm trying to stay OP but i've been so busy that it's hard. I get wrapped up in what i'm doing and w/this new guy I actually have to stay in the office and work :lol:. I drank a small non-fat latte this morning, but didn't eat breakfast. I had lunch w/Rick and had a 3 slice bacon :ink: and avocado sandwich w/loads of tomatoes and alfalfa sprouts on whole wheat bread. It was good and I kept thinking of the fat in the bacon and avocadoes but justified it by saying that I didn't eat breakfast...that's my problem, justifying things I shouldn't be eating by saying 'but I skipped a meal so I should be ok...' Anyway, trying to drink more water before the day is done.

Hey, I picked up Michael from school today and he mentioned that his lower front tooth tasted bloody (sorry if that grosses you out), I knew it was getting loose but now it's really noticeable. I give it 2 days max to stay in there. You can see the permanent tooth already erupted behind it. My God! My baby is losing his first tooth :cry:. I took him to the dentist a few weeks ago and the doc mentioned that the permanent teeth would be showing soon--I checked his mouth this morning and I saw 2 molars in the very back on the right side, and the left side starting to surface. Geez Louise everything coming out at one time. Sorry to ramble like this, but Julie and Cherie, I know you can relate.

Cherie, that is a great goal for the 5K thing. I know you can do it and you're right--if you focus on the exercise goal, the weight will come off anyway. You go girl.

Julie, hugs girl. How'd the visit w/the OT go? I don't like the way drs and schools like to label kids either, then try to medicate them to turn them into complacent little robots. I don't mean to upset you any by saying that, it's just such a sensitive subject when it comes to our kids. I just want you to know I understand how stressed you must be. I was talking w/my nieces reading tutor and she said w/this 'no child left behind' law in effect, it's causing a lot more problems than they're solving. Maybe Cal can offer some insight? And yes, AI tonight. :)

Kempy, yes I definitely live in a crazy place. I actually went around the house last night with a long-nosed plier and made sure all the screens were securely in place so they couldn't be pried open from the outside--I hate not feeling secure in my own home! At least I get some excitement at home, eh? Hey, if I lived near NO I would party too... If you wanna see what the other ebayers are bidding on, you can do an 'advanced search' and search by bidder--you can see what they're currently bidding on and what they've won in the past 60 or so days.

Angie, any great ebay wins today? I love those last few minutes of an auction, I actually get an adrenaline rush if I can snipe someone at the last minute :lol:

Cal, I'm sure your students were happy to see you return to class ;). Don't let them get under your skin (i know you don't).

I'm packing up and heading for home. Everyone have a great evening. We'll talk more tomorrow about the funky antics of those crazy AI auditions.

melekalikimaka
02-02-2005, 02:16 PM
Echo echo echo :lol:

Kempyd
02-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Hey I am here. I am sitting on the phoen waiting to tak to someone about our stock sales. I want to get our taxes done soon. I am ready to get some money back from the government. I think they have held on to it for long enough. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we get some money back. I need to pay off some things.

I see that is is pretty quiet around here today. I guess you guys are busy. Noelle are you enjoying the view over there? :devil: I need to get back to all of this stuff b4 I screw it up.

melekalikimaka
02-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Hey the computer ate my post :mad:

I just got off the phone w/Julie who said her computer's hard drive is down and she may not be able to get online for a while :( . We'll miss ya hon and it was GREAT talking to you and finally hearing your voice. That's a cute accent you have too, doncha know :lol:.

I'm in a goofy mood this hump-day Wednesday. I got an email from a former coworker who is deployed to Kuwait w/the Army Reserve. He's like the brother I never had and sort of reminds me of Ross on Friends...you know, that dry humor personality. He's a good guy though and I pray for his safety as well as all of the troops. All these people from my past are popping up and it's all been pleasant surprises. I actually ran into a gal I worked with at a rinky-dink video store about 12 years ago at Starbucks yesterday. She recognized me and said hello...I must look like I never aged :lol: just kidding!

So everyone, come out and post! I'll be back later, my phones are going crazy :dizzy:

melekalikimaka
02-02-2005, 03:20 PM
:wave: Kempy, well speak of the devil....he did just come back into the shop all sweaty like :devil: :lol:

angieME
02-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Hey everyone. I wasnt getting notices so I figured no one was around. sorry. Jay is gone to get a big freezer for the bakery right now and they went and got my oven this morning. :cheer: I am scared about the heat this summer....I have been sweating today so bad. I hate to sweat!!!! I am so unbelievably huge. I cant stand it!!! I have gone so far past the point that it seems hopeless to lose it all again. If that makes any sense?

Julie, I hope you can get your puter fixed soon. I will miss ya.

Noelle, I would have been so mad too. That is what doesnt make sense to me. If a dog is protecting their territory then they should be able to do it. I am glad they didnt decide to take a bite out of her though. I would have been tempted to deck her myself. :lol:

Cherie, That sounds like a good idea. I wished i could run. Even when I got down to 130 I couldnt run because i would pee myself everytime. hahah :lol:

Noelle, You and Joe sound like you have so much fun all the time. I wished me and Jay had fun things to do.

Kempyd
02-02-2005, 06:41 PM
I hate to hear about Julie's puter. Sometimes these things just don't seem worth it.

I ended up getting all of the tax stuff ready except the form for the stock we sold. But, that doesn't get mailed until Feb 25. So, my friend said that he will get all of the other info into the tax software so all he has to do is enter in that one thing when it gets to me. He seems to think our refund is going to be pretty big. God I hope so.

I didn't want to say anything yet b/c I wanted to make sure that it stayed off but I can't help it. I have to tell you, I am down 8lbs now!!!!! I never thought it would happen. Today makes one month that I have been OP. I have had one or two slips but I think that it didn't hurt me.

Anige I know that you will get your groove back. You used to make me so jealous. Yes you! You would always get on the site and have more weight dropped and I was still fighting the same 2-3 lbs. You are a strong person and I know that once you get your mind set you will be blowing us away at how great you are doing. Don't give up on us. You know that we all love you around here. As far as the fun thing. I am lucky that he likes to do things. It make sme get out of the house. If it wasn't for him I would never leave the house.

Cherie how is the training going?

Noelle I kind of like the sweaty glistening look. I like to look at Joe when we are at the beach on a hot day. Of course I would freak him out if I was staring so I do it through my glasses.

angieME
02-03-2005, 08:47 AM
GOOD MORNING!!!!! I thought I would check in to make sure I wasnt missing any posts and thought I would pull us back from page 2. :lol:

Whats everybody got planned for today? Me not much.

Well, Remember the accounts that had some other donuts in there? Well, today Jay went in to deliver and they had some more in there so it kinda seems to me that we did the right thing by planning a new shop. hmmm. I think they are shopping around. Even if they didnt switch I cant say how bad it pisses me off that they would put a different product in with ours. Hello? This is my income people! So much for small businesses in todays world.

The deer were out in full force last night. I watched Tinky(the kitten) go across the street and try to get under the neighbors car shelter while the deer were looking at him like "what is that? " hahah He came running back across the road when I opened the window and yelled to him. The deer didnt even flinch when I hollared.

PhotogirlTX
02-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Good Morning.. or afternoon now.... I am home with Hannah... I had to go pick her up from school today, she was sick.. however, by the time I got her home, she seems to be feeling much better... and is playing her PS2. I am supposed to be working, but now that Steven has called and said he can't keep the girls tonight, I guess I will have all night to do it. (work that is).

Last night, I got my butt back on the treadmill, and I went 2 miles. It was about a 13.5 minute mile(s) so I have a ways to go. But it was a start. If I stay home tonight, I will get back on the treadmill. They are having the Happy Days reunion, I GOTTA watch that! :D

I hope Julie gets her computer fixed soon... I will miss her.

Kempy, WTG GIRL!!!! That is fantastic... I bet you feel great!

Angie.. I know how you feel, but you are not past the point..... Come on back, lets work on this one day at a time... choose something physical to do today and just do 20-30 minutes.

Noelle... hey girl... sounds like things are good in Hawaii... well, I better get off here and actually do some work while I am at home!

Talk to you all soon,

Cherie

melekalikimaka
02-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Hey girls...just taking a breather from work here. I have a i-am-such-a-bonehead story which just happened a few minutes ago. I've been sorting through all my files and getting my corp. tax documents ready for the accountant, well, some of the boxes and stuff were really dusty. I decided to use the feather duster (one of those big, fluffy ostrich feather types) to dust around my area and it accidentally went into my shredder! Luckily(?) it has a reverse button which I couldn't push fast enough--now there's tiny feathers all over the place and my poor feather duster is now half-chewed up :lol: :rofl: I'm giggling again as I type this because it happened so fast and I couldn't stop it :lol:

Cherie, sorry Hannah is sick, hope she gets better soon--well, I guess if PS2 is an indicator, she's well on her way. My 7 y.o. niece stayed home from school yesterday too w/a fever, but that didn't stop her from polishing off a full size bag of Lays potato chips :lol:. Hey girl 2 miles is good! :strong: Don't work too hard :)

Angie, you should have your friends or relatives go in to that store w/the other donuts and have them complain that the quality is just not as good as yours :s: just giving you some sneaky ideas :lol:

Kempy, the new guy is working well so far, he knows his stuff and I've already had a few customers call to say he's done great work--did i mention he's cute too? :lol: Woo-hoo girl, you're just working it and it's paying off, 8 lbs is great!! :bravo:

Julie, hope you get your 'puter fixed soon...miss ya and your ideas for dinner :hun:

Cal, how's the BP situation? Kids still making you crazy or is it the other way around? It's almost Friday :cb:

Gotta get out of here to pick up some supplies, I'll try and pop in later. Have a good one.

calnative
02-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Just stopping by quickly before I head to bed. What a day. The kiddos were actually great today. (By the way, Noelle, I tell the kids that I live to drive them crazy. :lol: )

I noticed today that my ankles were swollen again and I wasn't really feeling very well. I had the school nurse take my blood pressure and it was up again. I left school early (actually on time) and just came home to rest. Hubby told me again that he wants me to find another job. It's really not the kids, but the district policies that are driving me nuts. I am looking for another school for next year.

I have to sign off now, my upper back is really hurting now. It does that if I sit too long.

Tomorrow is Friday!!!!!
Take care everyone. Chat later.

Cal

angieME
02-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Good Morning!!! I ordered some new fat lady tees for when we open the bakery/. I like v neck tees so I found some online so maybe I can feel more comfy when we open. Jay wants to start a diet too so maybe come Monday I can get the groove. It is just REALLY REALLY hard to stick with it while we are getting in new desserts all the time. :lol: I am also going to get my hair chopped off again. I cant stand the feel of it on my face. :lol:

Julie, I miss ya!!! Maybe I will have to give her a call when I get a free minute.

Cal, I hope you get better soon.

Noelle, Whatcha up to?

Cherie, Did your cold go away yet?

Kempy, How is business going? Any word yet on your refund? I hope we get one this year.

melekalikimaka
02-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Hey girls, HAPPY FRIDAY!!! :dance: Does anyone have plans for the weekend? Super Bowl maybe? I could give a rat's behind about that :lol: I already told Rick that he has the honors of watching Michael on Sunday--all the guys are getting together at my BIL's place and playing poker and watching the game. My sister's and I will be either going to the movies or to a Vietnamese fair (food!) or both. Business is booming here, we've got more remodels than we can handle...the plumber guy seems to be working well :crossed:. I'm still on the fence about it though, don't want to get my hopes up too high.

Angie, you are so funny-- "fat lady tees" -- hey, that's the kind that I wear! Oh well, what can ya do? I agree w/Kempy though, about you being an inspiration around here. You would get that groove and just week by week the pounds would come off. You worked your butt off twice and I know you can do it again when your mindset is right. I bet you'll be busy w/your bakery and you won't have as much time to eat so you'll probably drop lbs just by being busy. You are a great, fun person so don't put yourself down just because of the weight.

:grouphug: Cal I really hope you can find a district w/better policies, less stress and more pay--more pay is always good for a teacher. Has your walking group started? I've been wanting to go walking so bad but the weather's been really wet and muddy the past week, my normal route would be like walking through a mud pit. I'm praying for sunnier skies for the next week.

Julie, I miss ya...did ya catch AI on Tues. or Wed? It's weird because some of the ones that got through didn't really thrill me. I think I'd rather watch when they whittle it down to the top 12 or so.

Cherie how are you doing today? Is Hannah back to school? Enjoy the weekend...

Kempy, does NO get rowdy over the weekend with Fat Tuesday and everything coming up? I think I'd like to come over during Mardi Gras but I'd be a little bit scared of the crazy atmosphere :lol:

I really need to get some paperwork done but I'll try and pop in later. Have a good one girls.

melekalikimaka
02-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Almost forgot, Angie did you see the post about updating your weight tracker--maybe in the announcements or forum help section (im not exactly sure)? You can just change the numbers in the html code (in your signature line) instead of having to create a whole new tracker every time.

jbbm
02-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Hi my beautiful FRIENDS!!

It so sweet to hear you guys missed me. I missed you guys like crazy. You don't know what you have until its gone....friends like you all :)love ya girls!!
Well this is a test post because we are using sil's old hard drive. Our old computer is shot, bummer!! Oh well its always something,lol. Well I am going to try and post and see if this works.

jbbm
02-04-2005, 10:28 PM
WooHoo it worked....dh has to fuss with this thing some more. It is still not working that great. So you know why if I am not posting because of this thing, if I am not here. I miss being on here because it makes me feel accountable for what I eat and let me tell you girls it has been totally down the tubes eating this week. Yesterday and today were horrible. But we now have some fresh healthy food in the house. And I got you girls back :). (Hopefully if this thing keeps working)

Noelle it was so wonderful talking to you on the phone. You have a beautiful HI accent. I probally sound like an "up north" girl :lol:!! I wish we all could talk at the same time.

Well I have to get off of here and let dh try and get this thing up and running. We may have to buy a whole new system which would not be good because of the money, but it would be nice to have a new computer. I will try and go back and read the old posts. Bye for now everyone....Julie
Hi Noelle, Angie, Kempy, Cherie, Cal and Summer. Miss and Luv ya!! Have a fun filled weekend.

melekalikimaka
02-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Happy Saturday girls, just popping in a quick one.

:dancer: Julie, girl glad to see you back...a borrowed harddrive is better than a dead one. I'm crossing my fingers for you to get a new one so we don't have to go a day without you :lol:

I am such a scatter brain lately. Today was the first day of swimming lessons for level 2...well, I'm puttering around the house then get him to the pool--we're an hour late! His class is an hour earlier due to the level change, DUH! I didn't even check. So, he misses the first of 9 clasess. He was reluctant to go anyway but when I told him we went at the wrong time, he acted as if we wanted to go, that stinker. Anyway, that was a waste of a good part of the morning. I don't feel like laundry, I don't have the money to go shopping....what to do what to do?

Have a great Saturday everyone.

jbbm
02-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Hello girls on this beautiful Saturday.

It is in the upper forties here. It feels like Spring. Tomorrow the same but rain. Thats okay. Opened up the windows this morning. It felt good to let the fresh air in. Tonight we are grilling cheeseburgers. Yum I can't wait. I promise to try and have only one. I am thinking of what healthy and delish snack foods I can make tomorrow for the superbowl. Maybe some taco dip with ff refried beans and ff sour cream and all the extra fixing to go with it. I just talked to my brother out in CA. I sent his bd present out on Sunday to get there on Tuesday but he just got it. Good thing they didn't melt(chocolate covered carmels). Anyway he was eating one while we were on the phone and I swear I could smell them all the way across the country :lol:. I am like a damn bloodhound,lol!!

Noelle you are just to sweet. Sorry to hear about the hectic morning. Don't worry I never feel like laundry. I wish we could go window shopping. Thats always fun. I really don't have the money either to shop right now. And its hard because there are so many cute Spring clothes on-line now. I really agree with you about AI, I just can't wait until they start showing some good ones and get down to the top 12 either.

Hi Angie, Kempy, Cherie, and Cal. Gotta go help with dinner. Can't let dh make supper alone. Well I probally could :lol:.

jbbm
02-05-2005, 09:36 PM
Nighty Night Girls

Well I did have one cheeseburger w/o a bun but made up for the carbs with a small brownie....ugh, I needed chocolate though so bad. I just should go buy those chocolate calcium chews. Good for you and wrapped in one little piece.
I am not weighing in this weekend. Don't want to get discouraged. TOM is a week from now and I all ready feel the effects. So I am just going to go about my week trying to stay OP and not stress what the scale tells me!! Pretty slow this weekend?? Everyone must be busy. Didn't do to much today....cleaned and cleaned some more and more,lol. Dh took the kids to Grandma's so I had time to clean alone. That was nice to hear silence :lol:.
Well talk to you all later. Have a great rest of the weekend.

angieME
02-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Good Morning girls!!! I have Britt's cold now so I am feeling like garbage. My throat is scratchy and yucky. Luckily MIL is in Florida so we dont have to cook for her bakery this week so it should be a slow week.

We have most of the equipment for the bakery now. We are just waiting on the soda cooler and a fridge and freezer for cheap and we should be able to get those easy enough. I have bought all of the coffee stuff(hard to do since I dont drink coffe) and all of the paper products and bags,etc.

We went and looked at Double wides and Manufactured homes yesterday since it was so beautiful out. 48 degrees and so sunny and warm feeling!!!!! I loved it. I am thinking that if I can get enough money out of my house then I can just do this again in Greenville. I love my house because I got it the way I wanted it so I dont have any bad feelings about living in a "doublewide" Plus the damn things are so damn expensive I dont understand why people say trailertrash. Sorry to rant but my two ex sister in laws(sisters in real life ) always have such negative things to say but yet my house is 20 times nicer than theirs. so it is a touchy subject for me. :lol:

Kempy, I am so sorry!!! I forgot to congratulate you on your AWESOME loss!!!!! I bet you look hot now!!!

Julie, Isnt it amazing that we hit 40 and we are like wow it is so nice out? :lol: :lol:

Noelle, Jay liked the volcano picks. He really wants to come for a visit. :lol:

Well, I suppose I should go do my hair and go to work.

jbbm
02-06-2005, 02:49 PM
:cheer: LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!! :lol:

Hi girls

Angie that is so exciting about your store. Everything is happening so fast. I still I am in shock. A happy shock ;). I can't wait to see pictures of it. Pretty sad we are acting like summer when it is in the forties, I agree :lol:.
Btw, my aunt and uncle built a manufactured home and let me tell you it is so beautiful. I just love it.

Well I got some bbq'ed chicken baking in the oven. I have been good today so far. I am not feeling to well either. Sore throat and sinus thing. Feeling like yuck. This year I have been lucky. Have not been sick at all. I hope the kids don't catch it. Well I want to catch some more Food TV. I am watching Paula's Home Cooking, I just love her recipes and she is such a fun outgoing lady. Check back later. Julie

jbbm
02-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Hi girls again. Just checking in. Oh dh just got home and needs the computer. Bye for now :dizzy:

angieME
02-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Good Morning!! Now we are all sick in my house. Luckily today we are just doing frozen so we can all get better. Corey was feeling okay so he went to school but the girls are still in bed.

Hey I won this weeks free book giveaway on 3FC. I picked the cookbook by the lady who has the show on the food channel. Kathleen something. I love her show. Maybe there will be some nice lowfat recipes that I can use in the bakery.

Well, where is everybody today?

melekalikimaka
02-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Hey girls, happy Monday. How was your weekend? Yesterday I sent Rick off w/my dad and Michael to watch the Super Bowl at my BIL's house over the mountain (on the other side of the island)...I went w/three of my sisters to watch the movie Sideways. It was so hilariously stupid, it's amazing how dumb men can be :lol: The weather's beautiful here today, nice and sunny and we're expecting to top out at around 82 degrees :sunny:. This is a nice change from all that rain last week. Don't forget to watch the Pro Bowl next weekend on tv--I'm pretty sure it's broadcast nationally so you can see if we've got sunny skies then. Damn, 40 degrees must be tropical for you guys after all that single digit stuff.

Angie, congrats on your cookbook win, that's great! This site is so great to do giveaways like that when it's actually free to come here. 3FC rocks baby! I try to post at least once a day so I can be eligible for that drawing...I wasn't near the computer this weekend though. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Maybe I sent my itchy scratchy throat to you from last weekend? Sorry :)

Julie, what's shaking today? How's the computer holding up? Mine freaked me out this morning, saying Windows didn't start due to software changes or something like that. I am going to have my friend come over and clean this thing out when we go on vacation...

Hi to Kempy, Cal, Cherie and everyone else. Back to put the nose to the grindstone.

Be back later.

jbbm
02-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Hi girls just popping in. I am not feeling well today at all. When I got up this morning I was so dizzy I felt like I was going to keep falling to the right.

Noelle glad you had a nice weekend. And happy for you that the weather is beautiful by you today. So far so good with the computer. We thought we use this one until it quits and then buy a new one. I hope your computer is behaving now.

Angie that is great about the book. Hope everyone feels better soon in your house. I am praying the kids don't get what I have. Yuck!!

Well hello everyone else. I don't know if I will be on later or not. Just feeling to sick. And I would just love to crawl into bed but I have the kiddos. I can't wait until dh gets home from work. Its hard enought to take care of myself right now. But I will manage, Moms just have to :). Have a great day everyone and don't work to hard.

melekalikimaka
02-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Hey all you ladies under the weather. GET WELL SOON!!!! I can't stand it when any of us are sick. Take 2 :cookie: and :callme: in the morning

jbbm
02-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey girls just got back from a busy part of the day. Now I can sit for a bit. You know I am getting worried about everyone. Where in the heck is everybody? I had to pull us off page two!!
Cherie we have not heard anything from you in a while. I hope work and everything with your ex is going okay.

Thanks Noelle for the cookies. I feel a little better but I have a shooting headache from out my eyes and ears!! Go away headache. I just popped the kiddos some popcorn so hopefully that will keep busy for a bit,lol. Oh, btw I think AI is coming from Hollywood. No more weird auditions, I hope ;).

Angie I hope everything is going smoothly with your business....and I hope the girls are feeling better. My brother has influenza. I had that before I got pg with my ds and I was down for at least a week. It was horrible. Once kids get in school they bring home every cold and flu, huh :lol:.

Kempy are you recovering from another party weekend? Pop in and tell us the details :lol:, God knows I am boring and want to hear about other peoples fun :lol:. I hope you are having a busy week, well you know what I mean....more clients for you. Not that I want you to work your butt off.

Cal feeling better girl? My dad has very high blood pressure but has come down with him eating better and taking walks. It is still up there though. Hope you are doing better.

Well going to get going dd is counting popcorn seeds. Oh joy!! More mess. Me I am going to go grab some Midol or Tylenol for a snack, haha. Come out girls we need more posts.

jbbm
02-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Oh I am so P*ssed!! I forgot to tell you. I went to pick up ds at school this a.m. and the wind was blowing and freezing but I walked around my car and there was a big dent in the bumer and scuf marks and a little hole. It is a newer vehicle. I was so mad. I don't know if it happened today or last weekend when we were running around. If I would ever hit anyone's car I would leave my name and number on their windshield. Okay enough "biotchin" from me. Some people have no darn concern for other people anymore. Probally contributing to this monster headache.

angieME
02-08-2005, 03:32 PM
I'm here...sort of. We are all still down with the sickness. :lol: I can tell everyone was sick yesterday because there wasnt one single fight. :lol: We had to go pick Corey up from school yesterday because his temperature was 101.6. Today everyone stayed home. fun fun at my house. :lol:

Julie, I hate it when that happens. When we got our car we didnt even have the ten day plates off it when someone dented up my door.

melekalikimaka
02-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Hey girls, I'm here, just really busy :dizzy: Business is booming and we've got more work than we can handle. I love it when we're a little slow because I can take my time and not stress out w/my paperwork. When we're like this I have a tendency to want to hyperventilate when things get out of hand (sort of like that boy's mama on AI when he made it through to Hollywood, did ya see that one? She fell to the floor :^: )
Anyway, I'm doing alright though.

Our local parish church will be hosting some holy relics from "The Passion" --it's supposed to be some wood from the cross and maybe some replicas of nails which were used to crucify Jesus. I am going this Friday to see them. Check out this link www.relictour.org. I don't go to church regularly anymore, but with Michael in school, i am definitely getting back to it--I need to continue believing in a higher power with the way this crazy world is getting.

Julie, that sucks about the bumper! How truly inconsiderate! If it's any consolation, I am a firm believer in what comes around goes around. That person will get an ever bigger dent on theirs and the other party will run away. Hmm, midol for a snack? :lol: I guess I'm right on schedule then, since TOM is just leaving :cb:

Angie, have some :chicken: soup and rest! I really hope you guys feel 100% better real soon.

Yeah, everyone must be really busy nowadays which is a good thing, but let's not lose touch w/friends shall we? Hey all you slackers, come back and post :lol: Just kidding around, sort of :s:

Hello to Kempy, Cherie, Cal and everyone~~hope everyone is well!

jbbm
02-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Good Evening Girls....
Checking in on a commercial during AI.

Noelle I saw that lady and I could not believe she fell on the floor. I almost fell on the floor laughing. She was so funny. I wish I could help ya out with the paperwork. Just take deep breaths in your nose hold 123 out your mouth 123, feeling better :lol:?? Only if I could talk all of my big old family to moving out by ya :lol:. My snack helped :lol:, might have another one ;). No calories, haha....but I got them in with some dessert tonight. Someone slap me!!!! I also agree what goes around comes around. I hope it does not cost to much to fix my bumper. I think it is great about going to church. I don't want to sound like I am pushing anyone to believe in God or some kind of higher power because I don't want to be pushy and put my beliefs on anyone but I went to church a week ago and felt blessed and refreshed. I went to that site and this Friday sounds so nice. I would love to go.

Angie I hope you all get better. I think I am slowly coming out of whatever I have.

Good Night everyone!

angieME
02-09-2005, 11:18 AM
:coach: HELLO!!!!

jbbm
02-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Good Morning I am here

Well now dd is sick so I just made a big batch of jello. Doesn't it seem like the end of winter to late spring colds and flus are sometimes worse? I would like a hot cup of :coffee:. I had dd at the foot of my bed with a pillow and her blanket. She kept me nice and toasty. Poor thing, anywho....

Angie what are you up to? How is everyone feeling at your place? Have you heard from Kempy? Where in the world is that girl? She is losing and I need her inspiration!!

Noelle I don't know how I feel about AI, I was not that impressed with the show last night. I hope they speed things up and make it exciting like previous shows.

Cherie, Cal and Summer come out from where-ever you are????

Well gotta go tend to some things around here. I hope everyone has a nice Wednesday. Almost Friday, yippeeee....we were going to take the kids to the movies this weekend but we will have to see. Well i have not eaten anything yet. I might think about doing a day of fasting once a week. I don't know yet, feel like I have to cleanse my system of junk.

jbbm
02-09-2005, 11:57 AM
Angie I know like Rachel Ray....well I saw the repeat show of Maine last night. Those lobster rolls looks so good. When she ordered hers she skipped the mayo? Wouldn't they be kind of dry? I would get the mayo. Isn't that how you make yours? Probally why she is so darn tiny, by skipping the mayo!!
Btw doesn't she look different now on her new shows? Long hair and highlights and a tan. She mentioned on one of her shows 30 minute meals she was watching her carbs. Well enough babbling from me.

angieME
02-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Julie, Yeah she does look good now. I make my lobster rolls with the mayo that has one gram of fat and I add lemon and lowfat sour cream to it to get the creamy without the fat. Sad thing is is that I have gained all of my weight plus some back but I still do certain things lowfat like that and I still only eat the fat free hotdogs. I just like them better than the full fat ones. If only all the habits were that easy I wouldnt weigh 226 pounds. :yikes: I am so embarrassed to admit that.

I was so shocked last night when the Amazing Race was over they said they are starting another season in 3 weeks!!! YEAH!!! I love that show. Next season Amber and Boston Rob are on it from Survivor, that should be interesting.

angieME
02-09-2005, 12:30 PM
PS: the kids all went back to school today. I guess they are sick of being home with us. :lol: I still feel kind of bad but getting better. I get spurts of energy and then after I do something I want to lay down. weird huh?

jbbm
02-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Angie I could never get the taste for the ff hotdogs. Your recipe for the lobster rolls sounds good. Never thought of the use of lower fat mayo, duh?lol. I kind of feel the same way. Tired but then ready to move? I think it is a combo of this cold and pms. Glad the kids are getting better. Maybe you can nap while they are gone if you are not working?? I don't watch the Amazing Race but I like Amber and Rob. Maybe I will have to tune in. You know me, I love tv. Okay going to go eat some jello. Angie don't be hard on yourself. You have so many changes right now. Everything I believe will fall into place for you and you will start to lose again. When spring gets here I know you will be taking your long walks again. I can not wait for summer to start walking again.

jbbm
02-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Hello anyone home?

Noelle I hope you are not swimming in that dreaded paperwork!! How is the new guy working out?? Other than the looks, haha.

Well I have been just pretty much rocking dd and just ate jello today. Not to much of an appetite, me what :lol:?? Just checking to see if anyone peeked out. It is sunny here but we have light snow falling at the same time. Kind of pretty. I think for dinner we may have salmon. I am not sure yet. Whats on your plates tonight?

melekalikimaka
02-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Hey girls, happy hump day. Today is Ash Wednesday (for us Catholic girls ;) ) and being that yesterday was Fat Tuesday, I went out and bought some malassadas yesterday. I ate a chocolate puff one and a custard one. I figured if I'm giving up sweet treats for lent I might as well go out with a bang. :ink: There are still some regular ones (w/out any filling) left over from yesterday but they are not the same the day after...fresh is best--piping hot w/hot and rolled in sugar :T

Yes I am buried in paperwork! I had a migraine yesterday and I think it was from the new lenses on my glasses. It was horrible. I went home early and just laid down. The new guy seems to be working out good, I'm not wanting to say too much because I don't want to jinx it. He's very meticulous in his work, he is a good people person and he is very well groomed...and did I mention he's cute? I have to figure out a way to take his picture without seeming too creepy. Hmmm, what shall the excuse be? I need a picture for your employee file? Sounds like a plan :lol: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that he is engaged to be married in the summer so I'm just taking in the view for now.

Julie, sorry to hear your dd is sick. I know you are taking great care of her though. Your kids are lucky to have a mom like you. Mmm, I love lime jello-- my favorite flavor above others and I don't know why. I was lying in bed reading the book "Angels and Demons" (from the same author as the Davinci Code) and before I knew it, I had missed AI. Oh well, it didn't sound too exciting anyway. I did see the part where that girl got through, but then decided to walk out. I'm glad she listened to her heart and didn't compromise herself for anyone.

Angie, hey girl, I'm with Julie. You have so much going on right now. Don't be so down on yourself. I know exactly how you feel though, I'm about as big as I've ever been right now, and although I've been trying to get serious about losing, I'm not as motivated as I was or it's just not as exciting as it was the first or second time around.

Kempy, where are ya girlfriend? Hope everything's going great for ya.

Cherie, you too. Are you buried in paperwork like me?

Cal, I just found out that I have a 2nd cousin (or some kind of relative) living in Tucson. I think he's in the military though, so I don't know if he's actually in Tucson right now. How are you feeling these days?

jbbm
02-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Noelle so glad to see you posted. A little refresher from this day. Yesterday for SURE was fat Tuesday and I went out with a bang last night on sweets. Rice Cereal Bars with Peanut Butter and Ice Cream. Kind of sounds gross but I needed something sweet. This pms is killing me. Your malassadas sound really good. I am with you. I would like to cut back on sugar for lent. I am a Catholic girl too. Thanks for the sweet words. I needed them, kinda feeling frumpy :lol:. I love lime jello too. It is my favorite. What I do is make it and add chopped canned pears and when it is set I top it with Cool Whip or the whipped cream in the can. You can make it healthier by using sf jello and low fat or ff Cool Whip. I have always made it the full sugar way though. Funny thing you mention your new glasses and the migraine, well really it is not funny but I got new contacts about 3-4 weeks ago and they gave me a killer headache for days, I switched back to my old ones and she wants me to try a different brand. Like I have the time to try contacts every other week. Ugh. I just want the lasik surgery. A girl can dream. I wish I could afford it. But now with the bumper on one car the muffler is going on the other. Yikes it is always something. But thats life, I will just deal with it :lol:. Be back later. Going to go eat a frozen cheese pizza, yum....NOT, haha

jbbm
02-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Hey girls just probally logging off for the night. To many good shows on, AI and the Simple Life and Wife Swap. I don't know how much I will get to see of any of them. Haha, the kids hog the tv. I know I should be excercising instead of watching tv but I am kind of run down yet and tired from taking care of dd and this you know what of a pms. So everyone have a wonderful evening and maybe I will pop in before bed to see if Cal, Cherie, or Kempy have been here, miss you sweethearts!! Btw this is my 1000th post :), I guess I talk to much, huh guys?LOL

angieME
02-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Good night Julie...Sleep tight...Dont let the bed bugs bite. :lol:

calnative
02-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Hi Ladies,

Kind of a tough week for me. I'm still trying to get the stress under control. Yesterday I went to a meeting with th Social Studies teacher, the assistant principal, and our CPT (facilitator) to talk about how we can get the kids to write better essays and also to have Lang Arts and Soc St coordinate so the kids do only 1 paper for both classes instead of doing 2 papers at nearly the same time. We came up with some great ideas and Sandy (the CPT) is going to help me write the lessons. She said that my health is their primary concern and they feel I am too stressed to handle everything. It was a good meeting and I'm extremely excited about the help and support, but during the meeting I felt that it was so much more than I could handle; even something good was so overwhelming that I could feel myself starting to cry.
I have learned that when I went to the hospital a couple of weeks ago that I had had an anxiety attack. I've never had anything like that before in my life. I know the symptoms now and sometimes I can feel it coming on so I just try to do my best to relax, even at school. This morning, for instance, I couldn't hardly talk because my whole face was numb. Angie and Julie you will know what I mean; this morning my face felt like I'd been out in subzero weather. It was difficult to talk because it was hard to move my mouth. It lasted about an hour or so and I was so frustrated because I just don't know what is making me so anxious. I am so frustrated now; my face is still numb, my blood pressure is going up again (although it is not as high as it was), I feel so irritable, I can't stay home because I become even more stressed wondering what is going on in my classroom.
I'm so glad you guys are here. I don't know what I'd do without you.
I have been watching what I eat (although for dinner I had a pb&j sandwich). I have cut out sweets almost completely (I had one cookie about 3 weeks ago); I haven't had a soda in over a month (only lemonade and water); my doctor wants me to eat 6 small meals a day and some healthy snacks. I've been trying that and I'm down 7 pounds in the last 21/2 weeks. I haven't even tried the walking yet because I have to talk to my doctor first.
Sorry to ramble on. I just felt the need to get a few things off my chest.
Have a great evening ladies. I love you all so much.

Cal

jbbm
02-10-2005, 11:08 AM
Good Morning Girls

First of all Cal, I totally understand about anxiety attacks. I have suffered from them since I was about 14 years old. They are terrible and you cannot really no what one is until you have one. I am here for you, pm me if you ever need to talk. When you feel one coming on don't think the worst, I know it is hard but practice deep breathing in your nose and out your mouth. Always remeber you have control over the anxiety and it does not control you, even though it feels that way. They will always end. Think to yourself you are strong, nothing can hurt you and it will pass. Hope this helped. I just hate to see people suffering with this. It is really not understood in society but it is getting better. They do not mean your crazy just your body sometimes handles stress in a different way. Hang in there. Things will get better I promise. And way to go on the weight loss! That is just wonderful, you are trying so hard, keep up the good work hon. Watch the numbness in your face, that does not sounds good. Does your doc know about that?

Well it is freezing this morning whats new :lol:, I felt so bad taking dd out to bring ds to school. But she was just an angel, she hardly ever gives me problems. I just gave her some cranberry juice and a cookie(I know a cookie for breakfast? She is sick though, I had to give in) :^:. How is everyone doing today? They say the flu season may peaking here. I hope eveyone stays well and gets well. I just have a nagging headache. Nothing my Midol or Tylenol can not handle. Well gotta run girls. Hi Angie, Noelle, and Cherie....its almost FRIDAY, woohoo!!

angieME
02-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Good Morning. School has been cancelled all over the state here today. We are supposed to get about 20 inches of snow today. :yikes: It wasnt supposed to start until tonight but we already have a ton of it on the ground. It sucks too because with the warmth we were seeing grass. :lol: Not anymore.

Cal, Get better hon. Way to go on the weightloss. I havent lost anything in fact I am certain I am still going up.

melekalikimaka
02-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Hey girls, it's almost Friday! :dance: We are going to see the Moscow State Circus on Saturday afternoon. I'm excited about it because we haven't had a good circus come to town since 1994 when an elephant went on a rampage and killed it's trainer, then the police had to chase after it down the road and kill it. It was horrible, poor Tyke. I'm certain it made national news when it happened. We haven't had animal acts here in ages. This circus is mostly about clowns and acrobats and other fun stuff, minus the animals. So anyway, that's what I'm looking forward to.

:grouphug: Cal, I'm so glad to hear from you. You sound like you're under a lot of stress. Julie gives some great advice about handling the anxiety attacks. I'm so glad your principal and other teachers are so supportive of you and are making accommodations so everyone is taken care of. Teachers are awesome people and they deserve so much more than they get credit for. You guys shape the minds of our future. Hey, GREAT job on the loss! Woo-Hoo!!! I knew you had it in you. Way to go lady!

Angie/Julie, sorry you guys are having to deal with snow still. Keep warm and snuggle up to your loved ones. We're waiting on another storm system as well, it should arrive by Saturday. In the meantime, all is sunny and beautiful.

Hey, I wonder what happened w/Kempy? I wonder if she partied too hard during Mardi Gras :lol:. Seriously though, I hope nothing's wrong. Kempy...come out come out wherever you are.

Cherie, girl how are you doing?

Well, gotta run and get some work done, then I can try and sneak away early (again).

Oh, almost forgot. I watched the movie The Notebook last night. It started slow but it was a good story. It was a love story and it made me bawl my eyes out at the end. It was so sad. I need to go and rent a comedy to make me laugh.

jbbm
02-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Hi girls time for a quick break, kids are playing and not fighting :lol:. Anywho, just had a healthy low carb protein packed lunch. I sliced a huge cucumber and topped it with a can of tuna and salt and pepper, did not even need mayo. The cucumber was so sweet. It was the first thing I ate today and so I straved at 1:30. Didn't have time this morning with getting ds off to school and taking care of my baby dd. I can tell she is a woman even though she is sick she still does what she has to do. I love them both so much even though they are complete opposite kids. Okay enough love talk :lol:. Don't know what is for supper tonight?? But I have to tell you this awesome recipe I made the other day and you could modify it by using lowfat cheese and lowfat sourcream.

I made this up :): Three colored mexican lasanga!!
1 of each orange, red, green pepper sliced thin
1 onion chopped anyway you want it
1 can fat free refried beans
2-4 chicken breast cooked
4 tortillas, wheat, corn, flour, or low carb anything you want
2 cups or 1 bag cheese, any flavor-pepper jack or plain cheddar
1 jar or enchilada sauce, you can use half a jar

Cooked chicken breast set aside, lightly cook peppers onions just until tender,
take a pie plate or 8X8 pan and spray it with cooking spray, lay down a tortilla spread with refried beans, chicken, pepper and onion mixture, cheese and top with another tortilla and repeat layers until you have a plain tortilla on top, then pour enchilada sauce over the top of the layers top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Cut into pie wedges or squares. Garnish with salsa, sour cream, chopped green onions, black olives and crunchy ice berg lettuce. It was an awesome dish. I just love trying new things to come up with. Thought you girls might like this, Yummy!!!!!

Noelle how fun this weekend. Have a great time!! You know I really hope everything is okay with Kempy. I am a worrier....

jbbm
02-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Angie forgot to say 20 inches of snow!!!! Yikes, I hope your snowblower is working!! Wow that is alot. We can see little parts of grass right now. I feel lucky.

angieME
02-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Here are a few yucky pics of my backyard right now. This sucks because this wasnt even supposed to start until tonight. Looks like we are gonna get hit hard.

GEMonster
02-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Hello Lovely Ladies!

I've missed you all. January was alot of travel for work so I apologize for not getting back to you all sooner. :o You make my days brighter :sunny:

Angie Congrats on the bakery!!!!!! So exciting! I am sorry about the snow - I know that feeling being in Buffalo and all. I actually like - I just don't want to be driving when it is really coming down. A little crazy??? :dizzy: I hope you and your family are safe and warm and feeling better.

Cal I just want to give you a great big hug :grouphug: I empathize as I have had panic attacks before. Talking to a therpist helped and it happens when alot of thing converge all at once. Chin up - you will get through this - you are a strong :strong: woman. You are a mother and teacher after all! ;)

Noelle the Moscow Circus sounds like fun! They do mean Moscow, Russia and not someplace like Moscow, Idaho, do they? I refused to see the notebook because I cried just reading the book I could not imagine myself in the movie theater. The comedies I like are Best in Show, Bull Durham, Broadcast News, When Harry met Sally, Woman of the Year (oldie but goodie) and a Fish called Wanda! My sister swears by Dodgeball. :rofl:

Kempy how is the business going? Congrats on the weightloss even when Mardi Gras is in full swing - good for you! I'd be downing Margaritas, Hurricaines and Crawfish and not moving my behind....at all.

Julie how are you? I will have to try the mexican lasagne without the chicken - I went Vegetarian after Christmas :fr: but I have stuck to it and love it so far. I hope you stay warm and healthy!

Cherie that is a great plan - 5K runs? Never saw myself as much of a runner but tell me if you like it after your first race. I think that is so cool! I hope you are staying out of the way of sniffles and everything that seems to be going around schools.

I joined Curves a few weeks ago and I have been going 3 times a week and 3 other times a week I am mixing it up between yoga, exercise dvd, walking, weights or other misc. fitness stuff. I have also gone Vegetarian and am phasing white flour out completely (I find I get awfully smelly :o after I eat something with enriched flour). Trying to lose weight before I get pregnant :eek: :eek: :eek: and am talking to the doctor - so who knows? :shrug:

Sorry to be away so long but I hope all of you are well and happy.

Quote:
Trouble is only opportunity in work clothes. -Henry J. Kaiser

:spin: Summer :spin:

Dips'n'twists
02-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Peek-A-Boo. I See You!!!

melekalikimaka
02-10-2005, 11:36 PM
Look what the cat dragged in!!!!! :) :) :) :)

melekalikimaka
02-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Hey girls...where y'all at??? I'm up to my eyeballs in paperwork and just stopped for a breather. I can't wait for this day to be over!!!

Hey Summer and Angie(Dips)!!!! Welcome back :wave: It's amazing that you guys decided to pop in and on the same day too. So how the heck have you both been? Summer you sound busy w/work and just on the right track for baby-making :lol: :devil: How are you liking Curves? Is it working for you? I guess anything that makes you active is a good thing. I'm liking your motivation vibes. As for the Moscow Circus, I believe the performers are from Moscow, Russia but they have a troupe in the US based in Sarasota, FL or so I've read. I'm looking forward to it.

Dips, so are you back in NY? What kind of work did you find? I was just telling the others a while back that I swear I saw a girl on a TV commercial for Monster.com that I thought was you... was it? The gist of it was that she was just out of the military and looking for a career in broadcasting or something like that--who knows though, my memory isn't the greatest. It's so great to see you around! Are ya married yet? ;)

Angie, I hope you're not totally snowed in. Any new finds on ebay?

Kempy, where the heck are ya girl?

Julie, your mex lasagne sounds yummy, I'll have to try it one day. How's little DD doing today?

Cherie, hope you're doing OK as well. Maybe you're out training for your 5K?

Cal, it's Friday :cb: Need I say more? Have a relaxing weekend.

Gotta get some work done...

jbbm
02-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Hi girls

Wow, what a last couple of days, Thursday dd was still sick and still is and then Thursday I was up all night with ds and up all night again with him last night. Poor baby, he has a about 102-103 temperature. And vomiting, plus stupid cold symptoms now. I called the doc yesterday and the nurse said as long as he is peeing and getting some liquids in just watch for dehydration, she said we could come in and get an influenza test but there is nothing you can do for that anyway, just ride it out with pain relievers and such. So i have been giving him baths often and tylenol. I a totally wiped out this weekend from the past week and TOM is due tomorrow, YUCK!! Sorry for rambling on, I don't want to sound so down. Anyway eating has not been the greatest for me, just something quick to grab between things, last night frozen pizza and today hot dogs for lunch. I know total perservatives and fattening but I just can not help it right now. At least I am eating less intake anyway :lol:.

Noelle how was the show? I bet you are totally glad it is the weekend. Get some relaxion in girl.

Dips long time no see? How ya been? Whats new? Did you get married? Come on and update us!!

Angie are you making out okay with all the snow you got the other day? I hope everyone is feeling better at your house....the pharmacist said yesterday there is so much going around right now. Did you get anymore equipment yet? Hope everything is going well with that. Have you heard from Kempy? Did I miss something, was she going on vacation?

Miss ya Kempy!!

Cherie are you still out there? Hope everything is going well for you too. Miss you.

Cal are you feeling better? Any leads on a new position yet?

Summer so glad you are back. So you went "Veggie" now. I really hope it works for you. I bet you feel good from all the vitamins now in the veggies you are getting. Let us know how it works for you. I love your quotes, pop in more when you get a chance.

Well girls back to work, got my dusting done, did some other minor cleaning and got to pop in here which was a nice break. Thank God dh is home today. Check back later.

jbbm
02-12-2005, 03:29 PM
For all of you with kiddos or who like Charlie Brown there is a Valentine special on tonight. Just thought I would add that!!

jbbm
02-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Noelle or anyone, I am having such a hard time getting medicines in my kids. I even took one of their doses to show them. It does taste horrible ;). Any suggestions? Thanks friends

jbbm
02-12-2005, 03:35 PM
One more thing, then I really got to go....Noelle how was program or display they had at church last night? Did you go? I forgot to ask you about it. I am a scatterbrain today!!

GEMonster
02-12-2005, 04:03 PM
http://www.parents.com/articles/health/2025.jsp
had some ideas for kids that need to take medicine

hope it helps!
Summer

jbbm
02-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Thank you so much Summer, those are great tips. I actually got some suppositories(sp), tylenol ones. Thanks again, your a honey.
Julie

jbbm
02-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Good Night Girls
Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend. Ds is still pretty sick. May take him in somewhere or talk to my mom since she is a nurse.

Kempyd
02-13-2005, 12:22 PM
Hey guys. Sorry I have been MIA for so long. We went to a wedding last weekend and I have been sick since then. I still fell pretty crappy. I am not going to type much b/c I need to go lay down. I just wanted you to know that I was still alive.

angieME
02-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Happy Valentines Day!!!!!!

Julie, I hope your kids are feeling better. Corey came home at 9:30 with an ear infection so we have an appointment with the docs this afternoon.

Kempy, Get better soon girl. I know how you feel because I have been sick for the last week myself. It was pretty bad for us all this time around. Not much movement in my house :lol:

What is everyone doing for Valentines? I am making Jay a filet Mignon with sauteed onions and mushrooms with garlic smashed red potatoes and corn. Then I am making turle brownie hearts with Peanut butter panic ice cream for dessert.

jbbm
02-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Happy Valentine's Day girls

Kempy, get well soon. Figured you might be sick. We all have been here too. It has been ****. Oh well hope to get back to normal soon.

Angie you dinner sounds so good. Poor Corey....I hope he gets better soon. My dd seems to be getting sick again, ugh. Isn't it so hard when your kids are sick? It never ends, plus dreaded TOM is here. But all will be well when it is gone. Have fun Tonight!!

Well girls I woke up this morning to a new lamp and some diamond hoop earrings from dh. I was touched. I thought he lost his romantic side. Guess not. Okay gotta go tend my my sick kids and I am not feeling to great. But it is a special day so have to make the best out of it :).

Hi Noelle, Cherie, Cal, Summer, and everyone else. Love ya all!!

melekalikimaka
02-14-2005, 03:17 PM
Hey girls, Happy Valentine's Day.... :love:

My computer at home has been in a funky mood this weekend. I tried to post twice over the weekend and my posts kept getting eaten up. Had a good weekend though. That circus was great! I can't remember being so scared or anxious as a kid watching those high-wire acts--I guess I didn't believe they would ever fall down. There were some handsome Russian men too :T, gorgeous women as well. Yesterday was just laundry day which is a good thing since the sun decided to shine all day instead of that rain we've been having lately.

Rick is hiding my present (jewelry I think) until he gets home from work. Darn, I should've sneaked a peek at it while I had the chance. I got him a gold figaro bracelet to match a necklace I gave him about 8 years ago. I'm sure he'll want to show it off while rolling dice or playing cards when we go to Vegas :lol: Michael was so sweet, he chose a card for me and signed it and everything. He was so excited about giving it to me this morning too. I didn't get a chance to sign his card yet so he was a little disappointed when it wasn't ready for me to give him. I'll make it up to him after school though.

Julie, that is a nice present you got! See? Your hubby has still got "it" in him--you deserve diamonds BTW. Hope your little dd gets better soon, you too! I hold Michael's nose (so he can't taste) when he has to swallow yucky tasting meds, then have a large glass of water nearby to wash it down. That seems to work for us. That was a great link Summer posted.

Angie, sounds like you got the valentine's dinner down good. :hun: Hope Corey feels better, ear aches are never fun. So I guess you guys are staying in tonight? Hmmm, closer to home is better anyway :devil:

Kempy, you get better soon :lucky: ! We missed ya.

Cherie, now it's your turn. I wonder what Alan is getting ya...:lol: or maybe that's too personal a question ;)

Hello to Summer, Cal, Dips, and anyone else I may have missed. Have a wonderful, loving kind of day. I gotta get back to work!

Kempyd
02-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Thanks guys for the well wishes. I feel much better today. I have been taking Alkaseltzer at night b4 I go to bed and I think that is kicking whatever this stuff is out the door. I was able to take the dogs for a walk this afternoon and that in itself made me feel better. We havn't seen the sun in over a week.

Julie that is so sweet of your hubby. We really don't do anything for V-day. We did go to eat Friday night. Joe is out of town right now so I am spending it by myself. That is ok though. I really don't like to go out to eat when it is crazy in the rest.

Angie I wish I lived closer I would come over and eat. :D Of course I would leave b4 the real celebrating starts. :lol:

Noelle I remeber doing things for my mom too. I used to think I was surprising her with this hugh thing when it was only a card. Moms are great at making you feel special.

Well, I am going to run. I have to chop some veggies for my salad. I hope eveyone is having a great day and I hope to check back later.

melekalikimaka
02-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Good morning girls. Hope everyone is feeling more like their usual selves today. It's Tuesday and that much closer to the weekend ;). I'm up bright and early because the Fire Marshall is coming over to our warehouse complex and doing a walk-thru. We had to make sure all the gas cans and other chemicals and things were stored properly, as well as make sure there were adequate walkways to the exits and stuff. I don't want to get cited for any violations. He stressed that it wasn't an inspection--but I'm sure it's just the precursor to one. We rent a 5K sf unit but it's stuffed to the gills. Rick bought himself a used forklift (his new toy) so he'll be organizing everything to make it more functional. So enough of this boring rambling...(excuse me but I just rolled out of bed--really)

Kempy, we have had tons of rain too. I love how it makes everything so green and pretty though. Hey, I bought the kids some of those little valentine heart shaped candy boxes and when i read the nutrition info on the back it said "Elmer's Candy Factory, Ponchatoula, LA". That made me think of you of course.

Well, I gotta get a jump on the day. I'll be back later.

Kempyd
02-15-2005, 05:31 PM
Noelle I didn't know the candy went all the way out there. The place is right around the corner from me. It is about 1 1/2 miles down the road. I remember when I was little we took a tour of it. I love the Easter candy they make called Heavenly Hash. Do you get that too? I wish I could say that all of the rain makes it green around here but right now it is still brown from the slight winter we had. I was in the yard this morning feeding the birds and I swear I was sinking. I hate when it is like that. You can't do anything in the yard b/c you tear it up.

I am still fighting the same 8 lbs. I get on the scale one day and I am down at the bottom of my 8 and then the very next morning I am up 2 lbs. It makes me want to pull my hair out. I am still recording what I am eating but I hate not seeing a difference on the scale. The bad thing is we are planning out vacation to the beach again this year. I have got to lose a little more. Our neighbors are going with us this year so I can't let it all hang out like I do when it is just Joe and I. :D I don't want to frighten them.

What is eveyone else up to today?

jbbm
02-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Noelle I like your optimism about being Tuesday, closer to Friday!! I hope the walk-thru went well. Rick got a fork lift? Must be having a blast driving it around. My dh would just love one even though he would have nothing to do with it or use it on. Except me when I am having a time of bloatation :lol:.
Noelle I never thought about the nose thing for meds. Those were great tips from that website, especially I like the one about putting the medicine dropper in the cheek, not directly on the tounge ;).

Well hello everyone else. Going to have some chili for dinner tonight. That seems like all my dd wants for dinner. I am not complaining though. I gotta get going. Check back later.

Kempyd
02-16-2005, 10:09 AM
I am bumping us up from the 2nd page. I am off today so I hope that you guys come out to chat. I do have a few errands to run today but I will be on the site to see who shows up.

melekalikimaka
02-16-2005, 11:06 AM
Good morning! :yawn: :coffee: :sunny:

angieME
02-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Good Morning!!! I gots ta get some work done but I wanted to check in. I just got my hair chopped off.

Kempyd
02-16-2005, 01:09 PM
Hey Angie! How much did you get cut? You should post a new pic. Don't you just love the way you feel when you get a hair cut. How is the store front coming along?

I think I might head over to the plant nursery and see if I can find some plants to put in one of my back flower beds. I have got the bug really bad right now.

angieME
02-16-2005, 02:18 PM
Kempy, It is very short. I think she cut off more than ever. :lol: It should be easy to deal with though when I have to start getting up super early to work.

I wished I could see my flower beds. :lol: My huge shrubs out front are completely covered in snow. We got 24.5 inches with the last storm plus we got about 5 more inches after they said that number so we got hit hard!! Plus we will be getting some more tonight. YUCK! I am sick of snow but jay and the kids love it for snowmobiling. Jay let Brit drive on the lake the other day and he said he was scared to death. She would speed up and jump snowbanks. :lol: He said he has never held on so tight. haha

Nxt week is vacation week for the kids so I plan on getting everything set into place and then all I have to do is wait for opening day. I am nervous though.

Kempyd
02-16-2005, 03:41 PM
I hate to say this in front of you northerners but HOLY CRAP IT IS HOT!! I said I was sorry. I just came inside from the yard. I moved a few plants around. We didn't think about how big they would get when we bought them so we had too many in one spot. I was able to move them to an area that was kind of bare so it all worked out. I am sweating like crazy right now though. This is going to be my workout for the day.

Angie I can't believe you have had that much snow. I don't know what I would do with myself if we lived somewhere like that. I need the green. I guess you have a little daredevil on your hands now. Look out Jay! :lol: Do you have the shop set up and ready?

I need to head back outside in a minute. I have to dig a drainage ditch (a small one). The house they are building next door is making my yard flood and I don't want to lose my trees on the side of my house. It doens't look like the contractor is going to do anything so it is up to me.

I am going to post a pic of where we are staying this year for vacation.

Kempyd
02-16-2005, 03:42 PM
This is the place. The room is not the one that we are staying in but they are all decorated about the same.

melekalikimaka
02-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Hey girls, I'm back from running around. I had to go to our accountants office to pick up some tax forms. I am so irritated right now. We used to have this great lady do our GE and fed tax as well as our payroll and all that jazz, she retired back in November. When she did our paperwork I didn't have to worry about a thing--after all, that is what we use the CPA for. Anyway, the new girl we got assigned to is a bit of a ditz. I have caught at least 3 or 4 errors with our payroll over the past few pay periods, and just yesterday, she calls me after the bank closes and tells me she forgot to send me my GE and payroll tax forms--and they were due yesterday. I had to drive over there and pick them up this morning, then drive downtown to make the payment. I made sure that they (the CPA) would be responsible for any penalties assessed to our accounts. And to top it off, they're raising our monthly retainer by $20 bucks a month. I am going to request another person in the office to do our paperwork--I'm not wanting to have to second-guess the so-called "professionals". I really like the big boss who does our corp. tax and stuff, I'm just not liking this new girl who's messing w/our other stuff. End rant.

So how the heck is everyone doing?

Kempy, that is a nice hotel, looks real posh. When are you guys heading there? We've got heat here too. When I was walking around downtown (in my 2" heels, ouch!) I was sweating up a storm.

Angie, hey girl I bet you feel great w/your new do. So do you go along when Jay and the kids go snowmobiling? I don't think I could watch, I'm one of those parents who cringes when their kids climbs high up on the jungle gym :lol:. Sheesh, Brit is growing up isn't she? Next thing she'll want to borrow the Durango! :eek: Or worse yet, she'll coerce you guys to buy a new car and let her have the old one :lol: Sorry, don't mean to scare ya :)

Julie, how are the kiddos doing? Did you catch AI last night? I'm not really that into it this time around...I think I'll start watching next week though. Jasmine Trias is releasing a promo single called "Flying Home" or something like that, only available at Taco Bell and Pizza Hut restaurants. I heard it on the radio, it's not bad, but it's not great either. It's listenable....is that a word? :lol:

Hey all you other ladies, come out and post. :wave:

Kempyd
02-16-2005, 04:22 PM
Noelle Joe and I have been watching that place being built. Everytime we go to Destin we stop and look at it. Now we are finally going to stay in it. The couple that is going with us tyied to get us to stay in the ones that they always go to. We finally convinced them that there are way better places down the road from where they stay. It is one of those things where he has been vacationing in the same condo since he was about 5. They don't drive down the road to where we usually stay so they have no idea what they are in for. We are going over the last week in August. We tried to go the same time as we did last year but they other guy is going to be doing some sort of out of town training with his job.

Ok, I feel bad. I was talking about that contractor and when I went outside he was there looking at the yard trying to figure out what he could do. I told him that I would do something if he wanted me to and he said no. YEAH!!! I really didn't want to do it anyway. It is a really messy job.

jbbm
02-16-2005, 11:01 PM
Good Evening Girls

Angie, I bet your haircut is cute. The opening of the store is coming so fast. I am so excited for you. I can't wait to hear about your first day there. I am talking like I am your Mom and you are going off to college :lol:. You really have alot of snow, wow....we are suppose to get some this weekend. Not to much though. I am glad your family is enjoying the snowmobile.

Kempy, the hotel is beautiful. When are you leaving? I am jealous ;), I wish it was hot outside. I wish I could see some pretty green grass and flowers now. I am glad the contractor is taking care of the problem outside of your house for you.

Noelle sorry the taxes are not going so smoothly. They are a pain in general aren't they? Yuck, I am glad dh takes care of that. My dd is pretty much better but ds is still sick so I am going to keep him out of school tomorrow I think, I don't want to send him run down. He was on the couch pretty much most of the day and wanted me to snuggle and lay with him....no high fever or vomiting again and he is drinking, so I do not know what know is going on with him?? I just hope my baby gets better soon. He is but when he gets a cold or something it hits him harder than dd?? Every kid is different I guess.
I am not into AI to much either, actually I let ds watch his video instead.

Well girls I think I am going to watch the end of Wife Swap. Finally some free time. Sorry I have not been posting as often, but I have been so busy taking care of sick kids. Ds literally wants me to lay with him. I miss you all though. I am not doing well eating wise either. I need to motivate myself. I just have to. I have to think about short and swimsuit season :). Talk to you all later on. Take care girls!! Hi everyone else.

Dips'n'twists
02-17-2005, 09:31 AM
Hey girls,

Long time no see. I know, shame on me for ditching the crew but I swear I'm back for good. I didn't completely leave anyway, I always pop in to see what you guys are up to. But what the **** have I been up to?? I'll give you the quickie version:

It's been about a year since I came home from the army. In that time, I shot 2 TV commercials. OH MY GOD NOELLE!! THAT IS TOTALLY ME ON THAT MONSTER.COM COMMERCIAL!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU RECOGNIZED ME THAT'S WILD!!!!! :lol: :dizzy:

I took a position with The Home Depot as a cashier trainer. They figured since I was a soldier that I could "whip them into shape" So basically, whenever someone in any of my departments ( I cover 4) screws up, they come to me for a whoopin' :devil: They call me "Drill Sergeant" over there. I think it's kind of cute.

What wasn't cute was the fact that I went on a fast food binge that would make you all gag. Wendy's. White Castle, Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Chili's, Taco Bell, and any other place I couldn't find during my 2 years in Italy. Needless to say I balooned from 143 pounds to 165 pounds AHHH. I couldn't bear to face you guys until I lost the weight. Today I'm down to 140 pounds. I'll show you my gross fat girls photos later today.

I'n not married or engaged anymore for that matter. My fiance and I broke up over the summer. I have since found another boyfriend and we are doing great! He's a personal trainer :D, so that kinda put the pressure on me to get my butt in shape.

I'm resetting my goals. I want to drop about 20 pounds by summer. Or somewhere close to that. I guess with my new man I have an advantage...we'll see.

Anyways, I have to run to Ikea. I have a new apartment in Harlem and I need to get some stuff. I'll be hooked up to the net in my place in about 3 weeks, until then I'll come in when I can.

I missed you guys so much; Angie, Kempy, Noelle, Cal, Cher,Tonya,J, everybody!! I'll be back later today, I promise. We got lots to catch up on!! And somebody teach me how to change that darn avitar

angieME
02-17-2005, 09:48 AM
Hey girl!!! Nice to see ya back. I have ballooned back up to 225 pounds or so so dont feel bad. I have not been excercising at all and eating junk food nonstop. It is 100% my fault but I cant seem to get the motivation to get on track and lose it. Too make matters worse me and my huisband Jay are getting ready to open a bakery front so we will be tied down all day with lots of baked foods. :yikes: I am so scared that I wont be able to lose it for the third time.

I want to see that commercial!!! I have never seen it. That is cool.

Welcome back. We have definately missed ya!!!!

angieME
02-17-2005, 09:50 AM
:dancer: :grouphug: :high: :cheer: :cheers: :dance: :hat: :cp: :strong: PS: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! on slimming back down!!!!! You Rock!!!

jbbm
02-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Good Morning Girls

Dips we have missed you. I am glad for you about the weight loss. Great job girl. How did you do it? I would love it if hubby had some personal training in him. Usually his training is brownies or ice cream :lol:. LOL.
I am so bummed, I remember seeing some of the commercials but can't remember that one. Is there anyway you can see it on the net? I can see you whipping some butt at your new job!! I don't think I would not listen to anyone straight out of the army :lol:. Congrats on the new apartment.

Well how is everyone else doing today? Noelle one more day until Friday, Woohoo. Check back later. Julie

jbbm
02-17-2005, 10:59 AM
Oh forgot I don't know anything about the avitar thing, I have been here so long you think I would :lol:. I am sure Angie or Noelle or Kempy know though. Julie

melekalikimaka
02-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Good morning ladies!

Dips! See! I never forget a face :lol: I only saw that commercial ONE TIME and I swear that was you, I recognized your face from those Disney vacation pics you posted way back when--and then the part about just getting out of the army... That is wild. You were wearing some hot pink dress. You look great girl. Well, congratulations on getting control of your weight and finding a new man. Looking forward to hearing more from you and getting 'talked to' by our own drill sergeant :lol:

To change your avatar, you go to those tabs at the top of the page and click on User CP, then go to change avatar. You can upload a pic from your computer or use one of theirs. You have to resize it to fit this format though, something like no more than 110x110...

Gosh, it's 20 past 6 and I have to get my son ready for school. Be back later.

Dips'n'twists
02-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Thanks Noelle!! It still amazes me that you recognized me considering we've never met face to face and you've only seen pics of me. Anyways, I don't even know if the commercial is still airing, I've only seen it once myself. I mostly hear about it from friends and family.

Julie- Brownies and ice-cream, huh. That's funny. Don't get me wrong. My boyfriend indulges in candy bars and cheeseburgers on occasion too, but he works out like a mad man. I'm talking hours at a time.
As for me, when I realized how much weight I put on I joined a gym in my area. I would walk to the gym and back to get my cardio in (I hate treadmils and stationary bikes) And I would do weight training at the gym. I also took yoga classes and some kickboxing just so I wouldn't be bored. But that was all before my new job had me commuting back and forth to the city.(I live in long island) So I had to quit my gym. Now that I'm moving to the city, I can join a new gym which I'm very excited about.

I'll admit, a few of the 22 pounds that I lost was through some unconventional methods. In the begining, I got my hand on some ephrdrine based xenedrine (yes the ones that were discontinued because of the high numbers of heart attacks and strokes reported) At the time I wasn't thinking clearly but OH MY GOD did I loose weight quickly. I dropped ten pounds in about 10 days. When your on ephedrine, your heart is pumping like mad so you HAVE to move otherwise you get the shakes something aweful. :hyper: It was really bad but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the rapid weight loss. Eventually I came to my senses and stopped taking the pills. But then the weight came off slower. About 2 pounds a week which is normal. I hit a plateu at around 148 so then I went on Atkins. I hate it. By the time I got to 140, I had to quit the gym so I've been at this weight for a while (since september 2004) So I'm anxious to get back into my daily grind. I'll keep you posted.

Angie- My gosh, a bakery!! I couldn't stand it. I'm temporarily on the Atkins diet right now so I know I would crash and burn around all that sugar everyday. I hope it all works out for you.

I have to go back out but I'll be back with some pics.

jbbm
02-17-2005, 04:57 PM
Dips I am trying to low carb it too. It is the way for me I can lose. My body goes nuts when I eat carbs and I totally binge on them for weeks. What happend now :lol:. That is so neat Noelle recognized you. Noelle YOU are one smart lady with a great memory!! Anyway I was at my goal weight last summer and literally have not been on the scale in months. To scared, Thanksgiving and Christmas really threw me off. I have a treadmill and I hate it. I would like to sell it or something. It just seems like I get to closed in feeling?? I don't know I would rather run in place or dance around with my kids to get cardio in. I am glad you are not taking those pills, I have heard dangerous things about them. Btw, if your new beau works out that much, he must be in awesome shape.

Noelle, Kempy, Angie, Cherie, Summer, Cal and everyone else I hope you are having a great day. I have to get some supper ideas going here. Maybe low carb wraps made into bean enchiladas?? And I want to make a promise to you all that not one tortilla chip will touch my mouth!! I was looking at pics of me from last summer tanned and all and I was at my goal weight and I want to be there again so bad. Gotta make it happen. Come on girls!! Lets do it!!

Kempyd
02-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Dips so gald to see you again. I saw that commercial too. That is so cool that you did that. Girl you are going to have to post a pic of your body building bf. I am a sucker for built guys. After all the Rock is the perfect build to me.

I had come home today for a bout 10 mins. and then got a call to run back up to the salon. There was no way that I was turning down money. My clients are starting to pick up. I am very thankful for that. I knew it would happen but I wasn't sure how long it would take. I am working with the local University with some marketing ideas. There is a program that they offer for free to small business'.

Angie girl I can't wait for you to open. I am like Julie I am so excited for you. Hey, were is that pic of the new haircut?

Noelle did you get all of the tax stuff straightened out? I am waiting to hear back about mine. I hope I get something big back. I mean I am a new business so don't you usually show a lose for the first few years?

Ok, I am starving I need to find something to eat. I'll check back in a bit.

jbbm
02-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Oopps I ate some chips :censored:, but I am trying to work it off to some music, when sil gave us her old hard drive she gave us her speakers and a subwoofer with it and it plays my downloaded music awesome!! It really booms and thumps....dh said I am going to get in trouble in the summer when the windows are open and I am playing my music and dancing with the kids, haha. I was just listening to Nelly "Hot in Here" and trying to do some sit ups but I am just so full!! I am going to try really hard to get some kind of excercise in after the kids are sleeping, no not with dh :devil:, some kind of cardio by myself!!

Kempy, I knew business would pick up for you. Great idea working with the University for business and marketing ideas. Everything will fall into place. It will be all good for you!!

Well another good song, I might go and excercise....to Mary J. Blige "Family Affair". I am nuts excercising with this full of a stomach :lol:.

angieME
02-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Good Morning!!!!!

Dips'n'twists
02-18-2005, 09:28 AM
I cannot for the life of me find my pics from last year. In a fit of rage I probably hid them from myself but I'll find them. Anyways,

Julie- You know the funny thing about low-carb dieting, you can work with it because of the fast results but the moment you taste any hint of starch or sugar, you're like a drg addict relapsing. I actually ended up developing a new addiction for coffee, DECAF AT THAT! :coffee: On atkins you cand drink decaf coffee with cream and splenda and I used that as my comfort beverage when I was fiending for sugar. But then I noticed that my teeth were staining so I gave up the coffee. {I swear, vanity is what keeps me healthy, not the actual desire to be healthy, pretty f'd up ain't it :dizzy: }
My bigest problem is that my bf eats carbs around me all the time and offers it to me because he is absolutely against atkins. But whatever, I'll be on it until I reach my goal weight and then I'll try to follow his nutrition plan. We'll see what happens. BTW shame on you for eating those darn chips :nono:

Kempy- Nice to see you too girl. My BF, tough as he is, is painfully shy, I'll have to post a pic when he's not paying attention. He's hot. He's not as big as the Rock but he definately does it for me if ya know what I mean ;)

GOOD MORNING ANGIE!!!

I'm off to Ikea once again. My BF is coming over to help me transport my stuff so that I can avoid the delivery fee.

Talk to you soon

Kempyd
02-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Hey where is everyone today? I had an uneventful day. We have one more DU banquet tommorrow. I will be gald when it is over. We really don't have much to do for it. Joe is on his way home. It has been a long week. I told him that there is no way I am going to cook so he better be planning to eat out. I am PMSing too so it is Mexican for dinner. I am going to enjoy the heck out of it too!

Dips did you get your apartment all set up? I don't know how you live in such a big city. I need to be in a small town or I get over crowded. I like my space.

melekalikimaka
02-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Hey girls. I skipped out on work today (bad me :devil: ) and went shopping for office supplies instead. Then I went to watch the movie Hotel Rwanda by myself. It was such a powerful film and I can see why the story needed to be told. Genocide is horrible. Don Cheadle was awesome awesome awesome. I think his nomination as best lead actor is spot on. I hope he gets it, although Jamie Foxx was pretty awesome as Ray too. Both movies I'd recommend. Heavy stuff though, bring kleenex for Rwanda.

Don't know what's in store for the weekend yet but everyone have a good one!

calnative
02-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am so glad this week is over. I'm so beat.

Dips: Glad to see you back. I'm so happy for you with the new apartment, new life, and new bf. I'm still teaching 7th grade, but am a little closer to home. We haven't been able to go back to Italy in the last 2 years, but we're hoping this year, summer or Christmas. It depends on when hubby can get some time off. I told him to just tell them that his sister is sick and in hospital, but he wants to wait and see. I do miss Italy though.

Kempy: Mexican sounds pretty good. I'm really watching what I eat. I go to the doctor on Monday and I'll see then if I've lost anything more. I don't own a scale so I don't know how much I weigh unless I go to the doctor and they can convince me to get on the scale. :lol:

Angie: Too late to say Good Morning; so...Good Evening (Night??) :D I so look forward to seeing pics of your new bakery. I'm so excited for you.

Noelle: I haven't heard of that movie, Rwanda, I'll have to check it out. Usually, I never go to a movie unless it's one that Ashley can see. I really don't get out much.

Julie: Hope everything is going well with you. Thanks for the offer to PM you when I'm feeling down. I've thought of it a couple of times.

Hello to anyone I've missed. Have a good night.

Cal

jbbm
02-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Happy Saturday Girls

Cal you can talk to me anytime you want. I think I am a good listener. Sometimes just getting things off of your chest is what you need to feel better. I understand some of the issues you are going through, not all by any means but some :). Let us know how everything goes at the doctor on Monday, we all care about you. I get worried when people don't post for a while. Yes I am a constant worrier :lol:.

Dips you are right about the one taste of sugar or high carb foods and it is like I can't stop eating them. But I am on my second day of being totally OP. I am kind of combining phase 1 of sbd and Atkins together. I may enter phase 2 of sbd in a couple of weeks just because I feel I don't get enough fiber and all the supplements out there give me a really bad stomach pain.

Noelle glad you got to get some you time yesterday. I have never went to a movie by myself. I should try it sometime. Nobody saying pass this pass that :lol:. Have a great weekend hon.

Kempy I am so glad my pms is gone. I feel for you. Mexican food is a great comfort food. I always treat myself before TOM, just have to. I hope your DU banquet goes well tonight and you and Joe have a good time.

Angie when is the first day of business??

Well everyone have a nice weekend. I am catching up on loads of housework I was not able to get done when the kiddos were sick. Fun, fun. I did the whole family room though and really felt like I was getting some excercise in. I think cleaning is totally a workout!! I think we might grill out in the frigid cold. But thats okay reminds me of summer....maybe hamburgers, steak, or brats. Okay everyone have a nice rest of the weekend, check back later on. Btw has anyone heard from Cherie?? Getting worried about her, I hope everything is going okay in her life.

Dips'n'twists
02-19-2005, 11:01 PM
I'm going to be brief tonight because I'm exhausted. I love love LOVE Ikea. They have the coolest stuff! I bought my bedroom set and I'll be back to get my tv wall unit and some other trinkets. Moving is exciting and stressful all at the same time. I can't wait to be settled into my new place.

J- I'm not really familiar with the south beach diet. Heard good things about it though. Is it easier to follow than Atkins? I know one thing, I have to stock up on healthy snacks because I came close to hitting up the vending machine at work a few times. I kept it under control though.

Cal, I can't tell you how much I miss Italy. I visit little italy downtown every once and again. The food there is actualy authentic, so I always have a place to go but I definately want to go back.

Noelle my bf saw the movie by himself and was moved to tears. I want to see it myself, I knew it would be good because Don Cheadle is an amazing actor. I'm familiar with the situation they are portraying and you're right. That story needed to be told.

Well I've been good with my eating. zi could use more excersize but moving is taking a lot out of me. I am beat! I'm going to bed now. g'nite ladies.

jbbm
02-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Hi girls

How is everyone's Sunday? Mine is going blah....dd I think has the flu what my ds had last week :(....103 temp, up all night and vomiting. I can't believe there is so much going around. Ugh, I feel so bad for her. It is wearing me down emotionally and physically taking care of sick kids for over two weeks and being up all night, sorry to complain. I don't mean to come here and you know what.

Dips, sbd is a little easier, for one thing you can slowly work in good carbs after two weeks of induction. Like oatmeal or a whole grain.

Well gotta run, ds is coming in from playing in the snow with dh. We are getting hit hard today and last night with the white stuff!! Have a great day girls.

melekalikimaka
02-21-2005, 01:50 AM
Hey girls, how's everyone's long weekend going so far? I went to an old friends daughter's 1st b-day party this morning, then we just hung out at home. Michael's 1st tooth finally came out today after being loose for about 2 weeks. I went out to the store this evening and he was horsing around w/my sister. I don't know if she accidentally nudged him in the mouth but when I came home the tooth was leaning almost completely horizontally forward. He couldn't bring himself to pull it out but after he took a bath, I tied some dental floss on it and yanked it out. He didn't even flinch and said it didn't hurt. His permanent tooth looks huge in comparison, right behind. So what's the going rate for teeth these days? I told him I have a deal w/the tooth fairy that she has to give me his first tooth. My friend gave me a tiny tooth keepsake box when he was born and I can finally put something in it. :)

Julie, I'm so sorry about your DD still being sick. You must be run ragged. Hope you get some rest time just for you this weekend. I've been wondering about Cherie too :(.

Dips, we still do not have Ikea in Hawaii. I love that store and could spend hours just browsing around in it while I'm on the mainland. I would love to get a bedroom set from there but I would have to arrange my own shipping back home. I imagine I could be so organized w/their stuff in my house...if only...:lol: have fun decorating your new digs.

Cal, you are doing so great!!! I know your drs visit will show just how much. I know what you mean about not getting out and seeing 'adult' movies. Most of the time I only go to see kids stuff too--but every now and again I escape by myself and catch a flick just for me. We just went to see that Winn Dixie movie about the dog and the little girl. It was a bit long, but a good story for kids. Michael informed me that the Winnie the Pooh movie just released was a 'baby' movie and he didn't want to see it :lol:. Our babies are growing so fast.

Well, gotta run for now...have a great rest of the weekend.

Dips'n'twists
02-21-2005, 12:17 PM
I HATE THE SNOW!! :mad: Here in NYC we got about 3-5 inches overnight. It's not as bad as the last snowfall, but still I was hoping to be done with this :censored: by now. Anyway, At this moment my siblings are eating Grands Biscuits. UUUHHHH :stress:. So in an effort to stay OP I am leaving this god aweful carb-infested house to do some shopping at Wal-mart.

Noelle- No Ikea in Hawaii??!! :yikes: OH NO! I'm so sorry to hear that. Do you at least have a Taget or Pier 1? Crate and Barrel? Congrats to your boy on losing his first tooth! :cb: They do grow up fast! My six year old brother has already lost and regrown his first tooth. Soon he'll be off to college :)

J- It is so tough to nurse your babies back to health. I must say that I've never seen the flu hit so hard. What a season we've had. Hope she feels better soon.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I was working all weekend but I'm off today so Off to Wal- Mart I go! Talk to you all soon.

melekalikimaka
02-21-2005, 02:18 PM
Dips.....Dips...Dips......you're killing me!! If I could reach out and strangle you!!!! No Ikea, No Target and No Crate and Barrel. :lol: We do have two Pier 1 stores but it's not the same as Ikea. *sigh* i have to hit Wal-Mart as well.

I will be in Vegas next week :cb: so I will at least get to shop at Target, small consolation no?

Well, gonna get a jump on the day. See ya!

Kempyd
02-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Hey guys. Sorry I wasn't here yesterday. I was beat after setting up Saturday and then have a REALLY good time that night. I could not get off ot the sofa yesterday. I had to work today too so I need to be healthy for that.

Julie when Joe and I keep getting sick I open up the windwos to air out the house. I am convinced that that stuff stays in your house. We will stop passing the bug when I do that. I know it is cold up there but maybe you could do it for about 15 mins evey so often.

Cal how did the doc visit go?

Dips I have no Ikea down here either. We have to drive to Baton Rouge to go to Target and no Create and Barrel. I do go there when we go to CA though. I love that store. I never really thought about how bad we have it. :D

Noelle I have no idea what teeth go for. I always got 25 cents. I know that was a long time ago though.

Yeah, where is Cherie.

Angie what are you up to now? How is the store going?

Well, I need to work on the check book. I'll try to hop back on later.

calnative
02-21-2005, 10:47 PM
It was nice to have today off. I so needed it. Ashley went to a friend's house for the day and hubby took the car to get some work. I had about 6 hours all to myself. :dancer: I was loving every minute of it.

Doc said I am doing much better. BP is down to 108/62 this morning, but my blood sugar is on the rise: 110 fasting. Doc wants me to really watch what I eat for the next 4 weeks. She doesn't want to put me on any more meds until she sees how the sugar is doing in a month. She said if I want, she'll write up a medical reason to join a gym then I can get my insurance to pay for some of it, or write it off on taxes next year. I'm also having some signs of peri-menopause (Hooray!!! Soon no more TOM!!!!!) She said that the rise in blood sugar could be part of that as well as the irregular bp, insomnia, mood swings, fatigue, and crying at anything good or bad. Also, the bp meds will cause some of that as well.

So...for the next few weeks I'm going to try to really watch what I eat. Try to keep off meds.

Noelle: We just got an IKEA a couple of months ago. It's in Tempe, but I haven't been yet. It's a good 50 miles from me and I can't justify going over there right now.

Only 3 more weeks until break. I can't wait.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Cal

melekalikimaka
02-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Hey ladies, how's everyone doing this fine Tuesday morning? It's back to the trenches for me. Just thought I'd say hello before jumping back into this mountain of forms and files. I vegged out so much yesterday, just laid around and read my book, "Digital Fortress" by Dan Brown (same guy that wrote the DaVinci Code). It was a good story but kind of the same structure as the other book...better than doing nothing though.

We ended up giving Michael a silver dollar. He carried it around all day and kept misplacing it around the house. I finally had to make him put it in his bank. Now the tooth next to the lost one is starting to wiggle alot. I'll have to think of something new...maybe a $2 bill?

Angie are you guys still shooting for opening in early March? You must be so busy. Be sure to shoot some pics of your new store though, we're all dying to see it. I would fly out there and help you out on opening day if I could. I'm so excited for you all.

Cal, I'm so glad you are doing better. Is your walking group still making the rounds after school? My two eldest sisters are going through the same thing you are, the change of life or so my mom calls it. Hope it's not too traumatic for ya :grouphug: The mood swings and crying jags? Doesn't every woman have those? :lol:

Julie, hope you and the kiddos are doing much better today. I wish we were all closer so we could give each other a hand.

Kempy, was that a DU function you had a great time at? You know, with all the military people being deployed out of HI, there are a lot of 'free to good home' dog ads in the paper over here. THere was a guy giving away both a yellow and a chocolate lab since he was being shipped out for a year. I so wanted to get those dogs, esp. the choclate one...but Kai would never stand for it.

Dips, you said you were a cashier trainer right? I wish they would send you out here. They opened a 3rd Home Depot out here, and for my business transactions (which I should be getting charged a 1/2% tax) --even w/my contractor resale card present--the cashiers keep charging me the wrong rate--then they try to send me to the customer service dept to get the adjustment made, instead of re-ringing it up correctly.Arrrgh....I avoid going to that one particular store :lol:

Well, I've got the someone ringing the doorbell. Gotta run for now. Have a great day all!

Ps. Hello to Cherie (where are ya?) and Summer and anyone I may have missed.

Kempyd
02-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Hey, did we lose everyone?

I am off today so I am cleaning up around here. We are going to be getting some rain so it is a good day to stay in. I am even thinking about taking quick nap.

Noelle the DU even is the reason I was feeling so bad. I am glad it is over for a few months. Thatis so sad about all of those dogs. I wonder what ends up happening to them. I would take them all in if I could too.

I hope you guys come out to play today.

melekalikimaka
02-23-2005, 06:56 PM
Hey girls, where is everyone hiding??? I've been running around town doing errands and stuff. I'm feel so tired all of a sudden would love to take a nap right now :yawn: Not gonna happen though. Not much going on except prepping for month-end. I've got 2 more days to get all my A/P stuff straight so I don't fall behind while we're on vacation. We leave Monday afternoon and I do not have time to come in over the weekend.

Well, maybe I'll pop back in later this evening. Hope everyone's doing great out there. :wave:

calnative
02-23-2005, 10:36 PM
It must be a busy day for everyone.

Keep your fingers crossed; hubby went to the district office today near our home to check on some things for me and while there he talked to them about substituting. They looked at his application materials and found that he has a degree in French. They asked him to get 2 letters of recommendation and bring them in; they are looking for a high school French teacher to finish out the year. The last teacher was let go. He is really excited. This will be a great opportunity for him. He will take everything in tomorrow, so we will wait and see what happens. He's not certified yet, but he has been substituting for several months.

I hope everyone is doing well. It's strange to see the site so quiet. Miss you guys!!!

Cal

Dips'n'twists
02-24-2005, 08:50 AM
Hey gals,

Just popping in to say hey. The next few weeks are going to be quite busy for me so I'll be in and out.

Noelle- I'm sorry about the no Ikea, taget, etc. But my forecast says lots and lots of snow tonight. Meanwhile your plam trees are still swaying in the warm breeze. so any sympathy I had yesterday is out the window today Sister. Byt the way. If ever I'm in the neighborhood, point me in the direction of that cashier at home depot and I'll get her ***!!

Kempy, J, Angie, Cal and everyone else, I gotta run but I'll try my hardest to drop in tonight. (I hate moving)

angieME
02-24-2005, 09:56 AM
Hey everyone. I have been busy. I have been cleaning equipment like crazy. We have the front almost set up the way we want it. I just need to get rid of some HUGE displays that the gift shop had and left. They are big and ugly. I have to pay my security deposit and first months rent this weekend and then we are going to get the oven and sinks hooked up. Along with the phones and electric getting turned over to our name. :cheer: more bills. :lol:

We are still trying to track down a soda cooler and a 4 foot chest freezer. Then I will have all the equipment bought and I can finalize everything. Jay doesnt want to open until the end of March so that we are closer to summer when the tourists will be here.

Noelle, Have fun on your vacation. I wished I was coming. :lol: I would love to go shopping with ya. Dont feel bad we dont have any of those stores around here either. We did have a Target open up last year but they never have anything in stock that is on sale. I tried to get scooters for the kids when they were on sale but they gave me a raincheck instead and then NEVER got the scooters in again. I was pissed.

Cal, Good luck for your hubby to get the job. I will be sending good vibes his way.

Julie, How is everyone feeling at your house? I hope better. I hope you are getting some rest yourself. {{{HUGS}}}

Kempy, Have you learned any good marketing tips? How are the puppers? Did they ever get the hang of the wood floors? :lol: Rebel still slides everywhere. He loves to have the ball thrown and he doesnt slow down when he gets close to the walls. :lol:

Dips, I feel for ya. I hate snow and we have so much of it right now. YUCK!! The plow guy is going to be rich after this winter. :lol:

Cherie, Where are ya girl?

melekalikimaka
02-24-2005, 11:06 AM
Good morning ladies.

:coach: Hey Julie! I see you're online...how are ya doing?

I gotta get ready for work, I'll be back and post more later for sure.

melekalikimaka
02-24-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm baaaaack... with a nice hot steaming cup of :coffee: It's going to a hectic day but I don't care, I'm going on vacation :cb: Almost forgot, tomorrow's my anniversary :lol: Guess I should make some dinner reservations if I want to be taken out to eat, huh? So romantic :s:

Angie, you guys are sooo close to opening, I can feel the excitement. Are you guys still planning on offering goods only found or made in ME? Like that yummy blueberry jam? Good luck on finding the rest of your equipment for a good price.

In our newspaper today there was an article about people hocking Starbucks gift cards from Hawaii on ebay, the one's with the hula girl (only found in Hawaii) on them, some going for as high as $30, and that's not even loaded. A zero balance gift card for $30. Are people crazy? If any of you want one, I can get one--and I'll even put some dinero on it so you can have a cuppa.

So Julie, hope you're feeling OK and the kiddos are all better. I know you're lurkingggggg :lol: Have you been watching AI? I'm not able to watch the show as much as I'd like but I know that I have 2 favorites--Anwar Robinson(?) and Amanda Avila--I like that postal girl too but I don't know her name. Other than that, I'm not that interested this year. I do read the website television w/out pity though, that stuff is FUNNY.

Dips, yes we've got :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: . I'd rather have snow and be able to shop at Ikea, Target, Crate and Barrel, Victoria's Secret, Bath and Body Works, and I could on about all the stores we don't have... but then I'd probably be more broke than I already am--if that's possible :lol: Be careful on the roads out there, and if you get enough, you can build me a snowman when you get home from work :s:

Kempy, I'm glad business is picking up for you. Can electrolysis be done for facial hair? Like brow/lip area?

Cal, we're all crossing our fingers for Alberto to get that teaching position. Oooh,how exotic--you've got an italian lover who can whisper in your ear in more than 2 languages :lol: no wonder your BP is up! :^: I'm making myself blush :rofl:

Gotta run and get back to work for now...hello to Summer and Cherie :wave:
Have a great day

jbbm
02-24-2005, 03:52 PM
Hi girls

Noelle you caught me :lol:, yup I have been in lurking mode for a couple of days. Dd is finally getting better. Thank GOD!! This flu they had was really nasty. Temp lasts 3-4 days spiking around 104. But her temp is now gone and she is getting better :). Ds is back at school. Half of his class was out with influenza. That must have been what they had. Dh is wondering if we are going to get it. I bet you can not wait to go on vacation. Have a wonderful time with your husband.

Angie getting so excited for you. I bet you just can not wait to say you have all the equipment ready and ready to start cooking!! I would love to see all the things you are making.

Hi Kempy, thanks for the window opening advice. I have been doing that. Even with the cold weather. It feels good. I hope everything is going well with you.

Dips I hope the moving process is going smoothly. Moving is a pain. But I know you have it in you to get it done right.

Well hello Cal, Summer, and Cherie. So sorry I have not been posting that much. I really do miss you girls alot, but you know how it is when life gets so hectic. Going to go think about what to make for dinner. We have been eating alot of quick things like frozen pizza just because it is quick. Oopps. Oh well I feel like i have lost maybe a pound or two anyway. I have been feeling kind of down lately. I don't know what it is. Well probally a couple of things :lol: :^: :dizzy:....I just can't wait for summer. Well sweethearts I promise to check in more often now that I have the time. Julie

jbbm
02-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Cal forgot to say I will say a prayer that your dh gets the job. That would be wonderful. I hope you are feeling better too. How is Ashley doing?

Noelle I also forgot to say something about AI :dizzy:, I am glad the show is starting to pick up. I know probally not many people like this guy, but I was impressed with Bo when he sang on Monday. What did you think....? He is the rocker type but different with a great voice. I don't really think the girls are all that great this season. I think it will be a guy that wins this year unless it is the farm girl. She has a pretty voice. Well thats my AI talk for now!! I can't wait until next week to see it. Bye for now....

calnative
02-24-2005, 09:38 PM
It's so great to see everyone posting. I chatted with Cherie last night. She was feeling a little down-winter blues I think she said-but she said to tell everyone hello and she'll try to post soon. I didn't realize that one of her little ones is the same age as Ashley.

Angie: I'm so excited for you and your new store. One of these summers we will come to visit Maine and I will look forward to meeting you and seeing your shop in person.

Noelle: You crack me up!! :lol: Yes, he does speak 3 languages. Lots of fun. I would like to take you up on the Hawaiian Starbucks card. I don't go there myself, but my sil and Bert love to go there. I could get 2 cards for them. You don't have to put anything on them for me.

Julie: Take care with all that snow. I'd send you some sunshine, but we haven't seen the sun in about 4 days. We have gotten so much rain that my backyard is a lake. I told a teacher I work with that if I'd wanted lake front property, I'd have bought lake front property. :lol:

Dips: Moving....the joy. You must be so excited setting up your place and going shopping. Be careful in all that snow.

Kempy: Hope everything is going well with you. Are you getting a lot of rain?

Have a good evening everyone.

Cal

jbbm
02-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Hey girls

Just popping in for a quick hello.

Cal I am glad you heard from Cherie. I hope she feels better soon. And if you read this Cherie, we are all here for ya. I am having a case of the blues. Probally winter related. I don't know. Just feel like I am stuck in a mood.

Other than that I caved in and had some popcorn for lunch. I popped a bag for ds and having been holding dd all day I can't really prepare anything. It was only a mini bag and ds and I shared it. Well I ate the most of it. Ugh, last night dd had mashed potatoes, some corn, little chicken and buttered bread....but today she seems like she is getting sick again. I remember when I had influenza I was down for 10 days. Blah, just worn out completely. Sorry for complaining. I can't imagine what it is like to have a child with a chronic illness. This has been about almost three weeks first ds and then dd and it is taking a toll on me totally. If she is not better later tonight or tomorrow time for an ER run. I hope you all have a spectacular weekend. Have fun for me. Take care girls and I will try to check back later. Hi everyone!!

melekalikimaka
02-25-2005, 02:58 PM
Hey girls, TGIF!!! Wouldn't you know it, I feel a sore throat and stuffy head coming on. I'm trying to medicate myself to kick this bug by Monday, I'm sure I'll be the one on the airplane who spreads the germs to everyone else. I'm thinking of taking some "Airborne" tablets anyway. Has anyone heard of them? They're supposed to infuse you with good stuff to ward away all the sickness and germs found in close quarters--like classrooms, airplanes, etc.

Julie, I feel for ya girl. I'm sending some healing vibes and hugs to all of you over there :goodvibes: :sunny: :grouphug: . Kids being sick takes such a emotional and physical toll, on the caregiver too. You hang in there. I hope your sweet dd gets better real soon.

Cal, I will head to Starbucks during lunch. They had a few on the counter at the place I frequent but I bet they won't last for long with that news article. Enjoy the rain while you can, soon it'll be hitting 100 degrees in the summer :flame: How many more weeks til spring break? I know you're counting down.

Cherie, we love ya girl and we miss you and we're thinking about ya. If you need to chat you know where to find us. :lucky:

Gotta get some work done, hello to Kempy, Angie, Dips, Summer and everyone :wave: Be back later.

Dips'n'twists
02-25-2005, 05:34 PM
Wow, it seems that everyone is movin' and shakin'. This is a good thing. Everyone seems to have some really cool stuff going on.

Cal- I have my fingers crossed for you, babe. Hope the hubby gets the job!!

Angie- You are so busy with the new shop, I'm suprised you still have the energy to post. I'm bearly making it and I'm just moving. Hope all goes well. CAn't wait to see pics of the new place.

Noelle- NO VICKI SECRET??!! Now I'm crying for you :( Shame on me for not realizing what I had. I will never complain again (well, at least not for the rest of the week.) Because in case we haven't all been up on New York news, the train and bus fares are going up AGAIN :mad: THANK GOD I'm moving. I was paying $252.00 a month to commute to the city from Long Island. On may 1st it goes up to $267.00. The MTA sucks! OK enough venting.

Julie- we gotta start breakin out those old souther remedies. Like my grandpa would say, " Just take 2 tablespoons of whiskey a capfull of moonshine and a tablespoon of lemon juice and you'll knock that sickness right out!" Okay, it'll just knock you out but you'll fell meeellllloooowwwwww. :lol: (Okay I;m silly, I know) Seriously though, I'm thinking about your dd. Hope she gets well real soon.

Okay, quick thing on AI:

My favorite so far is Mario Vasquez becasue he's a dead ringer for Wilmer Valderama (Fes on "That Seventies Show") And he's just adorable. He had me when he sang A Stevie wonder song, "Do I do" is my JAM!

Okay, Gotta boogie. TTYL Gals!!

angieME
02-26-2005, 08:53 PM
PEEK-A-BOO!!! :wave:

melekalikimaka
02-27-2005, 01:51 AM
I see you :s:

melekalikimaka
02-27-2005, 01:58 AM
Hey girls, it's Saturday night and I'm sick as a dog :tired: *cough cough* It's weird because a few nights ago Rick wasn't feeling well and I was fine. Then the next morning, I come down with a sore throat. I got worse the next two days, today seems to be the worst of it, I hope. I'm taking Dayquil and then Nightquil at night. That stuff is wonderful :dizzy:. When it wears off though is a pain. Right now I'm on a fresh dose of the the nighttime version and I'm just about getting sleepy....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I've got a bunch of cr@p to finish at work still, payroll checks to be cut and some important invoices that need billing. There just weren't enough hours last week for me to get them done, arggggggghhhh. Anywho, we'll be flying out Monday afternoon so I just wanted to pop in in case I don't get a chance later...to say hello and goodbye and wish me luck girls, I'll roll some dice and play some slots for ya. Hopefully I come back a winner!!!

Good night all!

angieME
02-27-2005, 08:48 AM
Have fun Noelle and we will miss you!!!! I hope you get to feeling better before you leave.

LUV YA!

jbbm
02-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Happy Sunday Girls

Noelle I am going to miss you so much. I feel bad I was not able to chat that much this past week with everyone, just basically lurk!! I hope you come back a winner!! :lucky: Good Luck!! That nyquil is some good stuff. It knocks me right out. I hope you feel better so you can enjoy your vacation. Will you be gone for a whole week :( :lol:?? I hope you get to go for as long as you can because you work so hard everyday at the office. Enjoy the slots, dice, and the FOOD!! Love ya girl and be safe. :grouphug:

Hi Angie, how is everything going? Is that snow melting of yours? We are suppose to get hit hard late today into tonight. Oh well. Its almost March. At least that snowmobile is getting alot of use!!

Dips that good old southern recipe I should have tried :lol:. I could of used it thats for sure. Haha.... Maybe in the future,LOL. I am also a fan of Mario, very good looking guy I have to admit. I missed his song last week though and I was ticked. Oh well just have to watch him and the others this week. And tomorrow night is the finale of the Bachorlette, Cherie and I used to gab about that show all the time. I don't know if anyone else here watches it?

Well everyone going to get some cleaning in. I have been not keeping up!! Just watching TV, btw did anyone see that story about that missing little girl in Florida? My heart goes out to that family, what a terrible thing to happen. I have really fallen off the wagon with eating and excercise but I am ready run and jump back on it. Dh and I have figured that ds got sick on Feb. 11th, and dd got sick on Feb 19th. So it has basically the whole month has been shot but thats okay gotta do what you have to do. I am so glad dd is getting better slowly. She had a 104 temp on Friday but not one since then. We are invited to a birthday party today but I don't know with all the snow coming and I don't want to expose her to anything else. Well back to my diet as of this morning. Trying to lose a good 10 pounds. Well everyone I will check back later. Hi Kempy, Cherie, Cal, and Summer and everyone else.

jbbm
02-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Good Afternoon Girls

How is everyone doing today? It sure is going to be lonely around here without our Noelle. Didn't do anything to exciting today. Just picking up here and there and watching the snow fall. I think we are going to have a kind of Spring like it snows until the date and then bam summer.

Kempy where have ya been?

Cherie, if you are lurking we MISS you. Hang in there. I know this is such a terrible time of year for some people. I am one to get down at this time.

Dips are you all moved in yet?

Angie how are you doing? Did you get the rest of your equipment? I bet your doggies are going to miss you during the day, huh?

Cal how are you feeling?

Summer how is the veggie diet going?

Well girls going to go get supper on the table, chili. And watch tv tonight. Good shows on tonight in my view anyway, AI and the finale of The Bachorlette....check back later. Have a good one girls. :)!!

Kempyd
02-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Ok, I am back for good. I promise. We had a FUN party for couples Saturday and I needed to get some sleep in yesterday. I need to get back to eating right too. Party food is not good diet food. I still have a container of cheese dip that I am going to have to make myself throw away.

Noelle I bet you are flying as I type this. I hope you have a good time.

Angie it is so cool that you are so close to opening. I really havn't gotten any good tips yet but I am still working on some homework that they gave me. I need to come up with a name for myself. That is really hard for me.

I don't have much time but I wanted to pop on and say hi again. I need to work on my work stuff. I just need to plant my butt in the office and do it but I get distracted too easy.

Kempyd
03-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Hey did I run everyone off when I came back? :lol:

I had a nice day today. A friend of mine wants to start to trade out with me. She does massage. Of course I said yes! What a trade out for me. I get stress relieve and she gets hair removal.

What are all of you guys up to?

jbbm
03-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Hey Kempy (party girl :lol:) nice to see you back. What a great trade. I love massages and dh hates giving me one. I have to buy one if I want a good one, lol.

Didn't to that much ds had school and watched AI tonight. I don't know if anyone is into the Bachorlette but the finale was terrible. What a total let down, she did not choose any or the guys. Oh well she has to go with her heart. Cherie miss talking about that show with ya.

Noelle I hope you are winning big bucks right now and having a romantic trip!!

Good Night girls, hello everyone. Btw did anyone see Oprah at the Oscar's? She is so skinny! I was like wow!

calnative
03-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Just popping in quickly before heading off to bed. It's only Tuesday, but what a week!!

Noelle: You should be enjoying LV right now. The weather is very close to what we are getting. We actually hit 70 the day before yesterday. It was really warm.

I think Angie is snowed in somewhere. I keep hearing about all the snow the east is getting. Here's some sun for ya Angie and Julie. :sunny: :sunny: We have lots to spare.

I have an observation tomorrow with the principal. I'm not worried. She put me off for as long as she could because I was sick and she didn't want me to stress. I don't stress over this; in fact, I told her to come in anytime, I don't need to make an appointment.

Only 8 more school days until break. :cb: :dancer: :hat:

Goodnight.

Cal

angieME
03-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Good Morning. I dont have much to report right now. Basically working and sleeping. LOL exciting huh?

Cal, My kids had last week off. They started back this week but have already gotten a day off(yesterday due to the snowstorm). They are going to have so many make up days this year.

I had a sandwich at the restaurant across the street from the bakery this week and I think I am addicted. haha. It was called the Chicken that didnt cross the road.(they have names like that for all their food) It was a grilled chicken breast with lettuce,tomato,onion, cheese and chutney. I am going to be in so much trouble weightwise when we are up there all day. I make these awesome cream puffs with European creme and bavarian creme and chocolate dip on top. YUM!! And the carrot cake recipe I am going to be using is the BEST carrot cake I have ever had. :yikes: What to do when life interferes with what I should be doing.

As far as I know Jay wants to open on March 23 or maybe the 30. Depends how long it takes to get all the equipment hooked in. On a happy note I have all the equipment now except for some shelves for the soda cooler. I cant seem to fing any of those though. so it could be a problem. The cooler was dirt cheap because she had 2 and the guy who bought the first one conveniently walked off with all the shelves. IDIOT!

The Food shows are all those two weeks too and we would like to go to them. Those things are so much fun. I come home with so many samples. :lol:

We are in the process of picking a coffe company right now. This one seems really good. they are actually bringing lots of Points of Sale items up for display. Our old company didnt bring anything. They have a flavor called Chocolate cappuccino. YUM! The have Macroon and cinnamon bun flavors and lots of sweet flavors. I will definately get the Blueberry flavor for the summer crowd. I am not a coffee drinker but I could get into the chocolate cappuccino flavor. :lol:

I will try to get some pics to post. I have to get the big shelves moved out before I can do that. But then again, I would like to get pics with the showcase all loaded with pastries and the light on it too.

Well, I suppose I had better go do something with my day. :lol:

Kempyd
03-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Hey we need to start a new thread.

Betika
08-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi. Is anyone using Xenedrine Efx. I just started using it today. :]

GEMonster
08-08-2006, 06:28 PM
hated Xenadrine efx. It made me feel like a cheap version of speed - Ifelt jittery and not myself at the end of the day. I tried it for a week and had to stop - it made me feel uneasy:devil:

Kempyd
08-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Betika can I ask why in the world would you use something like that to get to 100lbs. That doesn't sound very healthy to me.