Support Groups - Sanctuary - #6 Everyone Welcome

View Full Version : Sanctuary - #6 Everyone Welcome

Skittles
02-01-2005, 07:32 AM
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Welcome/welcome20sparkles20with20violets.gif

What we really want in a weight loss support group, boils down to one concept; we are looking for a sanctuary.

Sanctuary means different things to different people. Sanctuary is a place of peace, rest, safety, and rejuvenation. It keeps our spirit and our sanity intact.

Many of us who have a long journey down the weight loss path find ourselves in need of a break. Sometimes our bodies crave it, and sometimes the choice isn't ours, but circumstances forces it upon us. Other times, we need the clamoring throng to cheer us along our way as we breeze past milestones and overcome obstacles.

Sanctuary can be all that as well. It is what you need and when you need it. Sanctuary can be found in good friends who arenít afraid of your truths and in an open, honest atmosphere.

Sanctuary isnít judgmental, neither does it discriminate or ask to be censured. It is open to anyone with a desire to share, and especially those in need of and willing to offer support

katrinabgood
02-01-2005, 07:39 AM
Good Morning! I snuck in there on you, Skittles! Quickie drive by post for me...I'll have to check back in later!

Skittles
02-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Lucky, I stole your pretty sparkly Welcome. I hope you don't mind. :D

Well, it is Tuesday, it seems, and we have less than a week for our two week challenge. How are we doing? Are there going to be losses? The way some of us are talking it certainly looks that way. But as this is a support group, we should look at this as even if we as an individual do not make a loss this time, we as a group will, and we should be proud and happy of that. Because each and every one of us helps with each others losses and gains so we should consider them our own as well. Granted we would be much happier if as individuals we had the loss, but being support for others and talking each other through things, we should share in the losses and not think of our own personal failure, but focus on our success as a group. It keeps us in a positive state of mind. And a positive state of mind will help us make the right choices and see ourselves reaching our goals. So come Monday, if I as an individual have not lost, I will not see it is a failure, I will see what we have done as a group and see it as a victory.
Does any of that make sense. :?: I can't tell if I am saying anything in an understandable manner at 6:30 in the morning. :coffee: Or if I am just putting words together to make sentences. :lol:

Love & Hugs to you all,
Skitt

qsilver
02-01-2005, 08:38 AM
Well said, Skittles :) You don't even need that :coffee: to make sense.

I'm up early and still feeling well rested. I'm heading in for a WI after physical therapy this morning, and I'm really not looking forward to it. I've been keeping to my food plan really well, but I've just been feeling so nasty and bloated off and on for weeks now, and those days always show up on the scale. I'm frustrated even before seeing the numbers, can you tell? I'm getting tired of doing the same thing and expecting different results. Feels like it is time to change something up, but I can't decide what or where to focus. Have considered trying to get back to a daily walk, especially since I'm released from pt after this week. I'm definitely getting back to Curves minimum 3 times a week. Maybe those will be a big enough change for now. :)

Andria

fierum
02-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Hey gang,

Just checking in real fast. Less than a week to my exam week, so the time crunch is mounting :) Hope everyone is doing well! I did a real quick read-through, I'll have to come back to read more carefully later.

--Tony.

BarbPA
02-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Hello Gang~
I'm sorry for my absence lately. I know you all understand that Jeff and I were going through a difficult time, and it's gotten much worse. I wanted to update you all....

My mother has become very ill over the past week. She has battled a lung condition for many years and developed pnemonia last week. The combination is too much for her body to handle. As you know we are also in the midst of an IVF cycle...here's my story...

Jeff and I agonized over this last night and talked with the Dr. and my family this morning. As much as I wanted to jump on the first plane to Florida, we had to evaluate all the options, thinking of my mom, ourselves and my family. My mother is currently being kept alive by a venilator and the Drs. are leaving it up to the family to decide when to remove it. Once that happens she is not expected to survive. My dad and brother explained to the Dr. that due to my medical situation I may not be able to travel for a few days. He understood that and is willing to keep mom on the machines. There is no guarantee that mom will hold on until I get there, but we are hopeful.

My nurse cried with me this morning and told me, "when God takes one life he gives another". Tonight I am scheduled to take my "trigger" injection for the egg retrieval procedure on Thursday. We have decided to proceed with the retrieval and freeze any embryos that develop. We can then transfer them at some point in the future when we are ready. That way we still have a chance to get pregnant from this cycle. Then I will be able to travel on Friday and plan on being on the first plane to Florida to be by my mom's side.
My family is supportive of this decision and I know my mom would want us to do this.

All day I have been hearing my mom's voice....a long time ago, before Jeff and I realized the extent of our infertility issues, my mom said to me, "I would like another grandbaby before I die". We are hoping to at least give her some grandembryos. I know, a poor attempt at humor, but I am trying.

I will update you all when I can. I'll be taking my laptop with me and I am sure I will need some diversions when I am in FL.

With Love,
Barb

lucky
02-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Barb, I am so very sorry that you are facing so many difficulties at once. Goodness knows that facing them head on one at a time is hard enough. It sounds like you have an incredibly supportive family and I am sure you will help each other through it all. Bless you for your courage and strength.

When I was pregnant with Jake and Addison, my grandmother was ill but came with my grandfather to stay with my parents as he was having a leg amputated and it was best for him to use our hospital rather than one in their state. She was so very excited that we were having twins because she had twins and our families would be the same - an oldest son and boy girl twins. It was like a special tie between us. She worried the entire 8 months about me and those babies and said many times that she could die happy after she'd met them. I gave birth to them the day before my grandparents were scheduled to go home. But it was mid-December and some ice was on the road. My aunt who had brought them here to begin with wouldn't drive her to the hospital to see them because she didn't want to be on the road anymore than she had to. Before the babies turned a month old I got a call that she had been put in the hospital. I immediately packed our bags and as I was loading the car to take the kids to her I got a second call that she had passed away. It was heartwrenching and I felt like I had failed her. But the truth is she didn't have to meet them to love them and that is all that matters.

Please don't think I am comparing my situation to yours because I truly don't mean to. I just want you to know that in any given situation all you can do is make the best decisions that you can at the time and that, regardless of the outcome, those decision aren't right are wrong - they were just the best you could do. So, whatever happens don't second guess yourself. All that matters is that your mom loves your children even if you don't quite have them yet. And I haven't met a grandmother yet who wouldn't put her grandchildren ahead of herself in any situation. Please know that my heart goes out to you and your family.

lucky
02-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Andria, I have had great success by planning my calories by the week rather than by the day. As it turns out, I have lost more weight that way but that isn't actually what I like most about doing it (I'm still not convinced the extra weight loss is necessarily related to staggering my calories this way).

What I really like about it is that it gives me a lot more opportunity for variety in my diet. Before I was sticking to 1500 calories a day. Well, there is only so much you can do with a limit like that. I have plenty of favorite foods that aren't unhealthy per say but are a little higher in calories and I couldn't fit them in anywhere without going over 1500 calories a day without starving myself the rest of that day. Typically, that led to me eating too much of that favorite thing I'd been saving up for all day. But by looking at my calories as 10500/week instead of by day I can fit those favorites in by increasing one days calories to 2000 and reducing two days by 250 or 5 day by 100 - however you want to break it up. And what has happened so far is that I have actually ended up averaging LESS than 1500 calories a day by doing this. I think because I am more satisfied overall I'm not frantically making sure that I get every last calorie I am due. Hmm, it just occured to me that that is probably why I lost a little extra weight for the week.

It might not work for everyone but it has really changed my attitude. I feel a lot less like I am on a diet and much more like I'm changing my lifestyle and mentality towards food. I don't know about you guys but I hated the notion that I would spend every day for the rest of my life making sure that I didn't go over a specific number of calories. YUCK!

Skittles - I'm with you one everything you said. But, unfortunately, I am the type of person that if I slip a little I want you guys to forgive me, support me, then give me a swift kick in the pants (not necessarily in that order!). That's how I usually start gaining weight back. Someone will say, "you look so thin" then I think, "thin, hmmm, I'd better go order pizza. And eat it. By myself." Same thing when I slip up- I definately want people to tell me they've been there and understand but then I want them to fuss at me just enough to shake me back to the right place. But, I promise to do my very best not to put any of you in that situation!

I hope you all are having a great day. It is still raining here so we are kooped up inside and bored and I'm trying really hard not to use it as an excuse to stick my hand in a bag of chips. Those damn chips.

Tricia

BarbPA
02-01-2005, 05:02 PM
My mom passed away this afternoon. :cry:

With my dad and brother's support we have decided to go ahead with the procedure on Thursday. Then we will fly to FL Thurs night or Fri morning.

LuckyLadyBug
02-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Oh Barb, I am so sad for you.

I am glad you have an understanding Dad and Brother. You all need each other now.

Remember we are here if you need to talk. :grouphug:

Lucky :kickcan:

southern gal
02-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Barb,
My heart goes out to you. I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers. Please know that this group is thinking of you during this difficult time.

Laura

c bo be
02-01-2005, 08:49 PM
Dear Barb,
I'm so sorry to hear that you mom passed away. I lost my mother two years ago, and she had been seriously ill for 2 years in and out of the hospital on a weekly basis. I thought after 2 years I was prepared for her death, her suffering would be over, but I really don't think anything can prepare you for the loss of your mother. Just want you to know that I am thinking of you. I hope your procedure goes well on thursday.
Sounds like you have a wonderful, supportive family.

Well, I've managed to exercise 2 days in a row so far and planning on going tommorrow too. Wooo Hoooo. I'm on a roll. I even have managed to eat pretty well too. I haven't stepped on the scales to check my weight. Felt like it would be up a couple of pounds after the weekend. Tommorrow I will weigh in. I hope to lose 2 lbs for our challenge. Anyway, everyone have a good evening. cheryll

qsilver
02-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Hey everyone :)

BarbPA, I read your first post and had tears in my eyes. By the second one, they spilled over. We are praying for you here on many levels. *HUGS* Damn, I want that procedure to go well for you!

Jawsmom, I am so glad the weekly planning is working for you. It really does make sense. :)

My WI wasn't too bad today. I was up .5 again. Two steps forward and one back. We discussed our next plan of action and decided to do a few days on the intro plan. Think low'ish carb, high protein. I'm excited because this was exactly what I was hoping for.

I'm hurting pretty bad still from physical therapy today. Man, it is rough right now, but the results are for real. I wish I had more than one visit still. I love the crew over there and am going to miss them horribly.

Tony just logged on, so I'm going to jet off here. Have great evenings!

Andria

LuckyLadyBug
02-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Ditto what Andria said:
*HUGS* Damn, I want that procedure to go well for you!

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

I will be praying BIG TIME for you on Thursday!!!
I am still looking for a little sister!!! Okay, or brother!!!!

ageoldie
02-01-2005, 10:44 PM
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/200396/febsnags/getdowntonite.gif

Okay gang, I saw this and though about all of your belly dancing, so I had to share.

qsilver
02-02-2005, 01:42 AM
BarbG, I busted out laughing when I read your post! That is pretty much what I would look like belly dancing. Still not going to let that stop me from trying! :lol:

I'm going to be good and get to bed now. It is before midnight, not bad for this night owl girl. :)

Andria

Skittles
02-02-2005, 08:21 AM
BarbG, How did you get that video camera in my house? :lol:

BarbPa, I feel for you and your family. I will pray that you and your family are comforted in this rough time. We are human, so we tend to focus on our loss and not our loved ones gain. They have gone home and are so happy now. So try to think of the good things your mom did here on earth, remember what you have learned from her and know that she is on the other side now watching over you. I believe she is there now to help you with your procedure. I know that no words can take the pain away, but I will pray for your family and send all the angels I can to bring you some peace.

Love and lots of hugs
Skittles

paperdoll
02-02-2005, 04:24 PM
barb just want to extend my sympathy to you and your family, moms are so special and so hard to lose but skittles said it all. hug!!
pat

qsilver
02-02-2005, 09:20 PM

It has been a really quiet day here. I think we are all holding our breath and waiting to hear from BarbPA. :)

Today has been day one of the intro stage of my food plan. It hasn't been too bad, but I did do kind of a stupid thing. The girls' daddy was pulling a really long day at the restaurant he works at, and he invited us up to have an early dinner. I know the portions there are huge, so I ordered a 6 oz. New York off the kid menu and had broccoli instead of the fries, onion sticks and everything else. So far, so good, right? My littlest one ordered a hamburger, fries and applesauce. Still not too bad. I can resist french fries if necessary. Well, the oldest wanted to try something new, so she ordered a walnut chicken pasta with gorgonzola cheese and a Marsala wine sauce. Of course it came with garlic bread. And of course she took one bite and decided she hated it. :lol: This one was a problem for me! I have had that particular dish once before and LOVED it. I finally called for a box and put the entire thing out of sight, out of mind. Could still smell it, but at least I couldn't see it as well. :lol:

Hope everyone else is doing well. Have a great evening!

Andria

lucky
02-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Andria, doesn't sound stupid to me. You handled that situation very well, I think. I am glad to hear your first day of the intro plan. I know it can be hard to switch gears.

I went a little overboard on the snacking yesterday. Nothing terrible though. After I put it all in fitday I realized I hadn't done nearly as much damage as I had thought. But I still felt guilty because at the time I was eating it was in complete disregard of my calorie count for the day. I just happened to get lucky, but the intent to do poorly was still there. Oh, well, today was much better and I am looking forward to getting on the scale come Sunday. I weak spot now is exercising. I've only been doing the strength training moves that were in last month's Oprah magazine. It's been raining for a while now and I haven't been able to get out for a walk or anthing. I'm still doing jumping jacks, jumping rope, etc. and getting my heart rate up but it is only here and there. I'm ready to get back to a routine of having one hour set aside to do it so I will FEEL like I've done something. What I need to do is rejoin the gym.

My oldest son came home sick from school today. I am afraid he has the flu. You know, at only six years old it is kind of hard for him to explain his symptoms - he just knows he feels bad. But, he did specifically mention a sore neck and back, and he says it hurts his forehed when he rolls his eyes. So as far as I can tell he's got aching muscles, a headache, and I know he's got fever. I knew it was bad when he asked if he could skip karate, and just eat a hot dog in bed - didn't feel like having supper at the table- and then, at 6:30 asked me if I would turn off the cartoons so he could go to sleep. Whatever it is I hope we don't all come down with it. And if we do, for goodness sakes, I hope Greg and I aren't sick at the same time. We need at least one healthy adult in the house if the other two kids catch it.

I'm off to bed. I am pretty sure I'll be up in the middle of the night with Will and want to have gotten at least a couple of hours sleep. Hope you all had a great day and if I'm not able to check in for the rest of the week I'll be sure and stop in for our challenge results on Monday.

Tricia

LuckyLadyBug
02-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Q: I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life Is this true?

A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it. Don't waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?

A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more
than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?

A: No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?

A: Well, if you have a body and you have body fat, your ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?

A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain. Good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?

A: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!!!. Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?

A: Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?

A: Are you crazy? HELLO ..... Cocoa beans . another vegetable! It's the best feel-good food around! ;)

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?

A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me :lol3:

Q: Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?

A: Hey! 'Round' is a shape! :p

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions
you may have had about food and diets.

LuckyLadyBug
02-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Hi,

So far so good on the food front. My exercise is lacking but at least not non-existant.

How is everyone else doing? I am excited for our Monday LOSSES!!!!

I have to go to the dentist tomorrow - having them work on my mouth isn't so bad - its the BILL!!!! :mad:

Well, it's time for me to head to bed.

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Betty%20Boop/BubbleBath.jpg

c bo be
02-03-2005, 07:22 AM
Good morning everyone!

I've went to the gym 3days in a row and plan to go tonight. Having my co-workers going has taken out some of the boardum. I hopped on the scales and am down 3 lbs.
I want to stay strong and on track today, my husbands birthday is this weekend and there will be lots of food, cake and icecream.

And Andria, I think it's great you resisted that garlic bread. Thats the hardest part for me when we eat out, to resist that warm, buttery, fresh from the oven breads. We are going to Texas Roadhouse for my husband BD and they have the most wonderful rolls, with cinnamon butter to put on top. And the waitress just keeps em coming.
So a big thumbs up to you for resisting and getting the box to hide the bread, fantastic.

Well, gotta get off to work and feed some kids. Have a great day!
cheryll

c bo be
02-03-2005, 07:25 AM
Oh, Lucky Lady Bug, my daughter just had a root canal done yesterday.
1500.00. OUCH!
cheryll

katrinabgood
02-03-2005, 07:48 AM
Oh, Barb...I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Words are simply not adequate to express my sympathy. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} I am sending nothing but fertile thoughts and baby wishes your way today! Hang in there, hon.

I will definitely be back later. I'm done with work til Saturday night. :cp: Time to catch up on everything here and at home. Got a job offer that I'm mulling over...same place different hours...I'll discuss more later. I have to get myself ready for the gym. I am really trying to be diligent about going regularly. Food's okay, starting to slip because I need to get to the supermarket. One more thing to do today...after the gym!

See you all later... :wave:

Skittles
02-03-2005, 07:49 AM
Hello Chicakdees and Tony, (who really isn't here because he should be studying for exams)

Hope everyone is doing well this morning. Lucky, I loved the jokes, that is great. Sounds like you are doing pretty good. I know there are going to be some losses here on Monday. I will be happy if I just stayed the same really, just as long as there is no gain. Now that the house is getting settled I really need to get into a routine now. And get my butt back to the gym. Good luck with your dentist. Hope the bill isn't too bad.

Andria, I am so proud of you, you are doing great. You are such an inspiration to me.

Jaws, I hope you boy is doing better. And I hope you and your hubby don't catch whatever it is. Kids are amazing though aren't they? They just have a way of letting you know things aren't right with them even though they don't have the words to explain it all.

Cheryl, you are an inspiration as well, working out three days in a row. You Rock! I really need to get my butt motivated.

BarbPa, this is procedure day, I hope everything goes well. Love ya.

And I love ya all, I am going to go bounce on my ball now. :D

Skitt

lucky
02-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Well, guys, I did it. I bit the bullet and rejoined my old gym. They waived the joining fee for me so I didn't have any excuse not to sign up. I am really excited because I miss going a lot. It isn't that I mind doing stuff at home with the kids but it is hard to carve out an our for myself when I am home alone with them. So this will give me the chance to do what I need to without interruptions. Plus it offers a free nursery so I can go straight there in the morning after we've dropped Will at school. That early, most of the kids are still in there pjs because us early morning moms just pull them out of bed so that makes it easier too - not having to fight the other two over clothes first thing in the morning. So, I'll have my first workout tonight - and then I'll hit the whirlpool and sauna - now that is what I REALLY miss!

Have a great day!
Tricia

katrinabgood
02-03-2005, 02:08 PM
Well, I didn't make it to the gym, but I did spend a good hour belly dancing, of all things, because a dear friend {:lucky:} sent me her cast off tapes! Wow, that was fun, not hard at all and really made me sweat! The hardest part was trying to avoid seeing my reflection in the TV! :lol: Scary stuff there!

Hey, good for you, Tricia! Sounds like you've got a good plan there! Hmm...whirlpool and sauna sound good to me...maybe tonight after I get my son back from Karate. Or...maybe I'll wait til tomorrow after my aerobics class. I haven't slept yet, so it wouldn't be too hard for me to slip into a slumber in the whirlpooooooolllll....ahhhhhhh....:faint: I've been busy making arrangements for the DJ for our party. I have to go to his office at 4:00 to leave a deposit and pick up the song list. I've been getting the RSVPs, so I've been chatting with people that I haven't seen in years, relatives and dear friends of my parents. Cuts into my sleepy time though! I don't think I'll be napping today, my windows of opportunity seem to be shut now.

Skittles....SO? Are you still bouncing? Boing boing boing!

Andria...My mouth was watering reading the description of your daughter's meal! You are a strong woman! All of your choices sound great. You're doing it, girl!

BarbG...Yep, that's what I looked like today! My belly was dancing! Oh my. I was praying that no one would come to the front door!

Lucky...Ugh. Root canal. My sympathies. Sorry about the big bill too. :p

Cheryl...Great going with the exercise! Congrats on your loss! :cp:

Laura...How are you doing?

Hi Pat!!

Tony...Hey! What are you doing here? You should be studying! :nono:

BarbPa...Big day today. You know we're all pulling for you, hon! You've got good vibes and prayers coming from all over this country. Focus on this, take your time, and grieve at your own pace. Mom knows how much you loved her...and how much this procedure means to you and Jeff. I love what the nurse told you about the taking and giving of life...hold onto that thought. May you and your family be comforted by good memories of your Mom. :grouphug:

That's it for me. I hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did, I'll catch you next time!

Have a great day, all!

BarbPA
02-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Thank you all again for your love and support during this difficult time. :(

I've just returned from my egg retrieval procedure. The Dr. was able to get 3 eggs. It's out of our hands now - we just have to hope an pray they fertilize and survive a freeze and thaw to be transfered back where they belong.

I have just about an hour to nap before we have to head to the airport. I am tired and groggy from the anethesia and a bit crampy. It's going to be a long day and a rough few days.

I'll update you when I can.

Love,
Barb
:grouphug:

LuckyLadyBug
02-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Good Luck, Barb. I am thinking of you.

I just got home from the dentist. I am getting a cap NOT a root canal - must have shook those hips a little to hard, Kat. :lol:

I have to go and read back posts because I haven't been "responding" like I should.

Almost Friday - OHHHHHH and I have to really WATCH IT this weekend since I have to weigh in on Monday!!!! :yikes:

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Valentine's/heartwithbow.gif

southern gal
02-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Hi everyone!
Girls, it has been really hard getting back on track after my binging. I'm struggling but hanging in there. I have gotten in the 2 mile walks everyday and at least part of the food I've eaten has been healthy! Ugh - I'm not so sure about Monday's weigh in. I'll just be happy to have not gained!

Barb G - Love the belly dancer! I may have to try that yet!!!

Barb PA - I'm thinking about you sweetie. Stay strong and know that you have lots of folks sending support your way.

Cheryll - Way to go on the 3 lb. loss! I'm glad someone is getting this right because I don't seem to be lately...!

Lucky - Great diet advice! I could take some of that to heart very easily...

Tricia - Keep well. That is hard to do with little ones - they need hugs even if they are burning up with fever, don't they? My boys are old enough that it doesn't bother them for me to say 'stay away from me' but my little 1st graders invariably want to lean all over me when they feel bad and what can you do? I drink lots of orange juice...Great job in getting back to the gym. I actually like exercising once I get going!

Andria - You are one really strong person! Packing up a meal like that took some major willpower. Good for you!!!

Gotta go. Still have papers to grade...

Laura

ageoldie
02-03-2005, 09:42 PM
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/200396/febsnags/JustPeekingIn.gif

LuckyLadyBug
02-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Ahhh, BarbG, that was cute.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE.

Gotta work now.

lucky
02-04-2005, 10:29 AM
Good morning everyone.

I had my first workout last night and for the life of me I can't figure out why I ever quit going to the gym to begin with. It was so nice to have that time to myself and actually spend it doing something to benefit ME. I hate to sound so selfish but I can't think of anything else I do that doesn't somehow come back to being for the rest of the family. Even if I go clothes shopping for myself, I always manage to end up in the children's department instead. I think I am a much better wife and mother when I have a little something that is mine and mine alone. Of course, I guess it could be argued that I am exercising as much for them as I am myself - but at least I am doing it ALONE.

Will is home from school again because he still had a slight fever this morning. He feels better though. Even at 6 he knows how to work and illness. I have him set up in my room downstairs instead of upstairs in his. He actually asked for a bell this morning so that it would be easier for him to "call" me when he needed something. And one of the first things he said to me this morning was, "Mom, I'm still sick so I'm going to need ALOT of extra attention again today." That little rascal. I don't know what is worse - that he works it or that I fall for it (I did muster a very firm NO to the bell).

I hope you all have a great day and a terrific weekend!

Tricia

qsilver
02-04-2005, 12:52 PM

Had to report in on my Thursday WI. I was finally down 2.5! So, 282.5, and hopefully by my next WI on Tuesday, I'll be past that 282 barrier I've managed to erect for myself.

From what I've been reading, there is a lot of exercising going on out there! You all inspire me to get out and do more, you know that? :)

Barb, I'm really happy for you about the egg retrieval. I know it isn't the final step yet, but it is one huge one out of the way. :)

Jawsmom, I don't see anything selfish in making time for yourself several days a week. I'm with you. I think when I have some me time that I am a much better mother.

I'm trying really hard to do replies, but I keep reading back over what I've already written, and odd words are sneaking in that I didn't even intend to type! Guess it is time to head to bed? :lol: I'll try to get back again after some rest. :)

Andria

LuckyLadyBug
02-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Tricia: So, how is Will (((((ring))))) Happy you got back to the gym. I know I feel better when I exercise so why is it so easy for me to talk myself out of it???? An age old question.

Andria: WAY to go on the loss.

I need some R & R so it's off to read for awhile. The weekend slips by so quickly.
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Valentine's/househeartshanging.gif

katrinabgood
02-05-2005, 09:15 AM
It is a bee-yoo-ti-ful day here...sunny and it's actually going to be warm...don't laugh, Southerners! Gonna be up in the mid 40s for the next couple of days! Woo! Heat Wave! :flow2: Hopefully we'll see the last of all the snow that we got...was it only two weeks ago? Seems like it's been here forever.

Andria...Great news on finally seeing that scale move in the right direction! :cp: You were doing all the right things, it was only a matter of time before the scale reflected that. A very good example of how NOT to get discouraged by the numbers on the scale and chuck the whole diet in frustration. Perseverence...it paid off for you. A great reminder to us all. Gotta hang in there and just keep doing what we know will work. EVERYDAY. I think it was Tricia who pointed out how she's changing her lifestyle and attitude towards food. Good point. Food is not the enemy! It's what we do with it, the choices we make. We can choose to eat well and nutritiously, or we can use food like a drug. I'm going to choose wisely this time around.

Dh and I went to the gym yesterday to sign our son up. He's been wanting to join, had to wait til he's 14 to become a member. While we were meeting with the sales rep, he asked us if we were utilizing our memberships. Judging by the size of both of us, I think he knew the answer to that question! I replied that I have been using mine more these past few weeks and then looked rather pointedly at dh, who hasn't been there in quite some time! The counselor suggested that we make appointments to meet with a trainer and get a new program set up for us. I'm game. Whatever will get him back to exercising is okay with me! Since he was diagnosed with diabetes and keeping track of his blood sugars, it's amazing to see the difference in them when he gets some exercise. He's all pumped to go now that my son will be going. (what am I? chopped liver? :shrug: ) That's okay. Whatever it takes to get him there. Which we did, last night after ds's basketball game. We all hit the pool around 8:30 last night. Nice time to go, not too many others there. I managed 20 laps. Not all at once, mind you, but I'd do some squats or lunges and then like 6 laps, some arm exercises and 6 more. It was a good over all workout. And fun having the boys there with me!

Final push for the 2 week challenge this weekend! Super Bowl weekend too! I have no plans other than going to Mom and Dads, not to watch the game, but to get some pictures together for our photo montage for the party. I picked up the music list from the dj yesterday too, so they can pick out all their favorite tunes. I'm working this weekend, so I won't see much of the game anyway.

So, I guess that's it for now. I'll try to check back in later. I'd like to get outside today, maybe the dog will get a walk out of me! She'd love that.

Have a great day all!

LuckyLadyBug
02-05-2005, 10:55 AM
Stop do not post here but join us on "Sanctuary - #7 Everyone Welcome"

c bo be
02-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Hi everyone!

Well I made it to aerobics thurs. night, so I got 4 workouts in this week. I feel pretty good about that. We are celebrating my husbands birthday today, and eating out. I want to make a healthy food choice tonight but also would like to have some steak, baked potatoe with butter and sour cream and some hot rolls. I am going to try to stay strong. My problem is when we're celebrating a special occassion (which seems to be on a weekly basis these days) I feel we should endulge in what we want. That's the part I dislike, feeling deprived. Yuk. Yes, you guys go ahead and enjoy those rolls I'll just sit here and watch. But I know in my gut and keep telling myself I will feel better about myself if i stay strong and make the right choice. And I won't know until I get there tonight what I will do. I did make a low fat birthday cake, with sugar free pudding, cool whip, and fruit. I am going to have frozen yogurt with it also.
So I will be cutting out some extra calories. But I would like to weigh in on monday and still maintain my 3 lb. loss. Ok, now I'm rambling. Moving on.

It's going to be a sunny, warm day here too. Up to 50 degrees. We had a terrible ice storm here in indiana a couple of weeks ago and were without power for 7 days. That was awful. Been there, done that, don't want to do it again. The evenings were the worst. No lights, no tv, and worst of all no computer. I missed that the most. Plus we lost all of our food in the frig and freezer. Anyway. I'm going to get out and enjoy this day, hope you all have a good weekend.

cheryll