South Beach Diet - Daily Cluck - Monday, January 31

View Full Version : Daily Cluck - Monday, January 31

Ruthxxx
01-31-2005, 06:31 AM
The last day of a long month! Gail comes today so I'm in Fly Lady mode but will be back later.

Here's a quote for today: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." Good old Aristotle!

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Mamacita
01-31-2005, 06:46 AM
Good morning, Chicks~~ :coffee:

Atlanta had an ice storm and I missed it..doggone! ;) DD, her friend, and I drove out of Atlanta Friday afternoon around 4:00 and it was sleeting as we left the city. Saturday morning, I spoke with dh and he said they were encrusted in ice. I guess our area lost power late in the afternoon and didn't get it back until yesterday morning. I missed all the fun, boo-hoo! :lol:

Had a great time in Huntsville. Managed to stay on track with the exception of two rounds of birthday cake. :o Had to try the first one b/c it was vegan, made with carob instead of chocolate. But it was a thin slice...and yummy. Made a point of not eating anything after 4:00. And even said NO to pizza! I'm hoping that will help with the damage control. Tried to drink as much water as possible and didn't drink sodas or fruit juice.

At the potluck after church in my aunt's honor, someone brought eggplant lasagna. Instead of pasta, they sliced eggplant in long strips and used that as the noodles. Oh, boy! Was that yummy!! Not sure if there was sugar in the sauce, but I kinda doubt it.

So, now off to another work week. Got my low sugar, organic smoothies, veggies and skinless chicken breast to eat for lunch.

Hope all you chicks have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita

little chick
01-31-2005, 06:52 AM
Morning chicks a quickie this morning, just got my dd's off to school. I have to have a quick shower dh will be home soon we have a app with the bank lady this morning. Hopefully we will get some money for reno's and some finaical planning. I always feeling like I am going to the principals office. :lol:
We did not get our puppy again this week end. I am not sure why the girl called while we were skiing. So I guess it will be this week end coming. :( Had a great day skiing yesterday. Did about 10 runs down the hill. It was a beautiful day and there were lots of people on the hill so the chair lift was busy. But I did not fall once and I am not really sore today. Except for my left calf. Well I must go I will try to get back in later.
Have a great day chicks.

Nalaminu
01-31-2005, 06:59 AM
Good Morning Ladies!! :)

Ruth - Do some Fly Lady magic for me too ok? :) I don't think I will have much time this week!

Mama- How lucky to miss the ice! Sounds like you had a great weekend. Good job on controlling your eating! :)

Wow, it feels like I barely had a weekend with all of the meetings, gatherings and appointments that I had, but I feel good. It is amazing how helping others feel good about themselves boosts your attitude!

I have a very busy day at school today, followed by a staff meeting then my weekly MK meeting. If I get home in time I -may- hit jazzercise at 8:00, not sure about that one though! :lol:

This is my hard week of the month for meetings. I have meetings after school on Mon, Tues, Wed, and Fri. Why do committees sound interesting and fun at the beginning of the year? Hehehe.

I cannot believe it is almost February! On the 10th DH and I will celebrate our 10th anniversary. We are going to a bed and breakfast in Lincoln for 2 nights and taking Friday and Monday off work. We have both agreed to not obsess about our eating that weekend, but not to go hog wild either. I really don't want to re-do phase I afterwards, but we will if we have to! :lol:

Ok, off to get ready for the day. Have a wonderful day!!!

:)

Nally

Nalaminu
01-31-2005, 07:01 AM
Little Chick! Skiing sounds so fun, but I am such a chicken. I am afraid of breaking a leg! Then again... I am in Nebraska... not many mountains around here! :rofl: I am glad you had a great time! Good luck with the bank thingie!

:)

Nally

tazcat
01-31-2005, 07:38 AM
Morning,
I have been very busy this weekend, room is panted, floor down, furniture back. (I still have to get the finish around.

Thank you Ellis for the sighs, I will go to them today........................

Little Chick, remember the bank works for you, without you they do not have a job.....

Well I have to go more things to do today,
Love Tazcat

Bamiegurl
01-31-2005, 07:39 AM
A quick drive by as it is Monday morning!

Ruth... I was in Flylady mode yesterday! I cleaned mom's apt. then came home and started stripping..... wallpaper that is! lol I have decided to go ahead and strip the paper and paint before I put the floor down. I will still redo the whole kitchen but since i know it will be a while I figure what the hey I already have the paint and don't want it to go to waste!

Mama... Sometime when you are in Huntsville we should hook up and meet! I will be in Atlanta next w-end with DH for an AYSO meeting/training. We are stayin downtown at the place that has the revolving restaurant on top of it. I keep forgetin the name of it! lol

Little Chick... I bet the kids are very sad about the puppy. Does she not know you have lil ones waitin with their lil tails waggin to welcome the new puppy! teehee

Nally.... Your ann. plans sound really nice. Don't get overstressed this week! (yeah right) lol

To the chicks that popped in while I was taking all day to type this Good morning! Have a great OP day and I'll be back! lol

Bamiegurl
01-31-2005, 07:40 AM
Hey Taz! You go girl! You must have been in Flylady mode as well! Glad you got the biggest part finished!

bostonchick
01-31-2005, 08:14 AM
Good morning all, I had a very productive weekend and got a lot done around my house. Things are pretty quiet here in bermuda until the tourist start arriving again in March. Today is pretty balmy and rainy but supposed to be a high 67.. yippee... My weight went up this week which I was very disappointed in. I feel as if I have completly stuck to it. I did add in oatmeal this weekend and it is slowly coming down again. So I guess it's true what they say, MOVE one to phase 2.... I have decided that due to my years of WW experience I will combine the two plans. I am following SBD but counting my points because I think my problem may have been overeating "the good stuff". We'll see how this week goes. I am also going to start walking tonight. Have a great OP day...

Bups
01-31-2005, 08:22 AM
Morning all,

I did not make my Jan goal - oh well.

I have not been able to get my head wrapped around staying on program lately.

New job and all has seemed to make me less organized - I dunno.

Hoping to get rid of five pounds of fat in Feb.

This weekend was extremely busy - I need a 3 day weekend - 2 for all the stuff I have to do then one day just to relax - I am always more tired on Monday after a 2 day break.

Need to recommit myself and plan plan next weekend - will do what I can to stay at least closer to plan this week.

Kim

chipper15173
01-31-2005, 08:39 AM
Morning Chicks;
I have a confession. I am switching my eating plan. But, I hope I can still stay here and chat. The WW group doesn't have many chatters. But, if you want you can kick me off the beach. I will rent my piece of beach. Just remember beach front property is high! :)
What I did was going over my eating plans and although SB is great it wasn't fitting into my way of life. SOOO, PLEEEASE allow me to stay. LOL
My home loan went through and they should start the work in a week or two. I am getting new siding, windows, and a sunroom. Can't wait for the sunroom. It will done just in time for spring. Going to start my seeds for the garden this week. Have to fence in around the pool, before we fill it for the summer. Birds were singing this morning. I miss hearing the birds. So, does Sneakers, our cat.
Sounds like everyone had a busy weekend, but, got allot of things done. I know I did.
Keep warm by the fire if you are cold, and feel better if you have a cold. Will cruise by later.

cottagebythesea
01-31-2005, 08:41 AM
I just back from my first workout in 2 weeks, it was a challenge to say the least! But now that I'm feeling better I've got to start going every day again. Everyone is up and chatting already this morning and its still early! I'll have the kids today until late this evening when their parents fly in. The wee ones have been at their "real" grandparent's house this weekend, and poppop will be dropping them off here soon. We're going to go get the car washed and probably go to storytime at the library. If they're really good I'll treat them to lunch out. Then hopefully it'll be time for a long nap. My day sounds really exciting, doesn't it? Since I'll be busy with them all day, I'll probably eat salads for lunch and supper.

l.c., Glad you had fun skiing this weekend. Enjoy your free time now before Howie comes!

Bamie, if you ever run out of things to demolish you can come to my house. I have a long "honey-do" list that needs attending. Do you have a remedy for wallpaper that is starting to separate away from the walls at the seams? I have that problem in my bedroom, and I don't want to tear down the wallpaper because I really like it, it was just put up 2 years ago.

Taz, you sure are a busy chick, too. Just try not to overdo and end up sore.

Nally, I'll bet you are really looking forward to your weekend away. My DIL is a MK consultant, and she is really into it.

Mamacita, how sad that you missed the ice storm, lol. That lasagna idea sounds interesting, I'm going to try it.

Ruth, You didn't tell us how your Red Hat get together went last night. I want to hear all about it.

cottagebythesea
01-31-2005, 08:46 AM
Top of the morning to you, Colleen!

Kim, I'm with you all the way about weekends!

Chipper, you will always be welcome here to chat with us, and I hope your new eating plan goes well. Continue to update us on your remodeling projects!

Bamiegurl
01-31-2005, 08:53 AM
Chipper...No you don't have to leave us!

Cottage... Seperating wallpaper... Not really much you can do about that. Depending on your pattern taste etc. have you thought about maybe putting lil strips of trim over the seams. They sell flat pcs that are maybe a 1/4 inch wide and you could paint them to match your trim. I know I have seen trim pcs. like that on wallpaper in trailers/modular homes. That is about the only thing I can think of other than stripping it and re wallpapering. Which as much wallpaper as I have had to strip down since being a homeowner I don't think I will ever wallpaper anything again! lol To many things I can do with paint! lol Not to mention my Mom is an artist and I could always get her to paint me another mural. I hope this helps or atleast gives you some ideas. I'm sure some other chicks may have some as well.
P.S. Have you tried wallpaper glue to restick it?

amb_lyn
01-31-2005, 08:58 AM
Good Morning Ladies~

Just a quick drive through for me right now. I'll be back later to read everyone else's posts this morning and catch up. I went off phase yesterday .. but back on this morning. I had an actual pizza for dinner last night and a cheese breadstick to go with it. It was sooo good! But, I woke up super swollen this morning from all the sodium. SIGH! So, my total weight loss for the week is 1 pound. Ok, that's my update for now. Off to take the kiddo to school then Tae-Bo for me this morning. I'll check back soon!

jenne1017
01-31-2005, 09:27 AM
Chipper -- I am on WW too. The Flex Point people are not very chatty, but I am trying to get them engaged!!! Are you doing Flex or Core?

Ruth -- GREAT QUOTE!

LC -- Good luck at the bank! :crossed:

Mama -- I don't usually like eggplant (to me it tastes like I am sucking on teabags!) but that sounds yummy. Or maybe I am just hungry? LOL we got an inch of ice here in DC. Fun times....

Nal -- happy [early] anniversary!

Taz -- sounds like you've been busy...painting is a GOOD workout!

Colleen -- oh what I wouldn't give to be in Bermuda right now!!!

Bups -- sorry you didn't make goal. But a loss is a loss!!! :)

Cottage -- I can't WAIT to get back from my first workout. Should happen next Friday and it will be after not stepping foot in the Y after 2 months!!!

Things are ok on my end. Nothing new to report. I will weigh in tomorrow to see if I made goal. But I cheated and looked at the scale today and somehow I was up. Perhaps I didn't drink enough water this weekend. Oh well. My usual weigh-ins are Thursdays because that's when I started WW. We'll see.

Talk to you all later. Have a great day!!!

beachgal
01-31-2005, 09:51 AM
Morning all!

This is a quick fly by, as there is so much to do today!

Ruth, hope your morning goes well! :D

Mama, so, was the cake good? I've had ups and downs with carob...the lasagna sounds like a great idea! I love the eggplant in the chicken and eggplant casserole from the SBD book.

LC, good for you on all that exercise! It took a while for us to get our puppy and our second bun...both were adopted and coordinating schedules with their foster parents was tough. Once they came home, though, it seemed like they'd always been there. Hope that's how it is for you!

Hey, Nally! Congrats on 10 years...what a wonderful way to celebrate! Doing phase 1 again isn't as bad as it sounds. :)

Taz, you are amazing, girl! I can't believe all the work you are doing!

Bamie, that's awesome! Are you using that scoring tool to strip the wallpaper? I have to strip our bedroom sometime...the last owner decorated in four (count 'em, FOUR) different kinds of flowered wallpaper. DH is not amused. :rolleyes:

Boston, sounds like you are working really hard on figuring out what's right for you! :D

Kim, sorry things are not going as well for you...I didn't make January either. Let's rededicate ourselves! :D

Chipper, you know you are always welcome! Several people I know combine WW and SBD...I hear the CORE program is similar. But even if you are doing straight WW do join us to chat! :) Congrats on the loan...the sunroom sounds wonderful!!! :cool:

Cottage, congrats on the workout! I think a day with the GB sounds wonderful! <sigh> Enjoy it!!! :D

Me:
Well it was a rollercoast weekend. I stayed on Phase 1 even though I really wanted to jump back into Phase 2. We had a party on Saturday and it was hard to not be able to drink wine or even eat much (I had a little broiled salmon with lemon, which was good, but everything else was off limits, unfortunately). I ate before we went, but had to throw something together because of lack of time. It was nice to hang out with friends, pet their kitty, and sit by their woodstove. :D We watched this hilarious Swedish movie, De Duve (The Dove)...has anyone else seen it? :lol:

My weight (after dipping into 220 or even 219.5 territory on Sunday a.m.) is back up to 222.5 today. :( I'm determined not to let it get me down. I'm just going to keep plugging on. DH reminded me that though I've been plateaued for a couple of months, I wasn't exercising for most of them.

I went to the gym this morning, not as early as I had hoped, but I got there. I did most of my weights and abs, and threw in five minutes of high intensity on the elliptical to try to burn a tiny bit of extra fat. I'd like to get up to a half hour after doing my weights to get maximum benefit of the fat burning on the elliptical. It really felt good...gotta love those endorphins! :goodvibes:

Everyone keeps telling me how great I look and though it does feel good, it also makes me feel squeamish because I know I have so much to lose. I dont' feel like I look that good yet. Doesn't everyone see the huge fat rolls I still have? :?: I know...I shouldn't be so critical, but I'm just being honest. Is anyone else having this problem? How do you deal with the compliments? You know...when you think about how far you've come, you feel skinny. But when you think about how far you have to go, you feel fat. What to do? :shrug:

Lots of stuff to do at work, so need to fly...hope everyone has a great day! :sunny:

Bamiegurl
01-31-2005, 10:04 AM
Laurie... No I am not using the scoring tool. I have in the past and found that if you are not extremly careful you will score your wall and then have to mud and sand it from the lil prickly things! I usually use hot water in a pray bottle with Dif in it. That is a wallpaper removing product. With this the top comes off easy so all I have is the paper backing which would be a breeze except........ This is the 3rd stinkin layer of wallpaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH WHY ME??????????? lol I just cannot see me ever wallpapering my house!!!!!!!! lol I like to change to much and paint is easy!
I can so relate to what you were sayin about people tellin you how good you look but yet I still feel so fat! But we see us all the time and we are our own worst(if that's a word!) enemy! lol Just tke the comp and think to yourself compared to where I was I do look good but I am not finished yet. You are like the clay on the potter's wheel it starts to look good but you know it is not finished but when it is it will be a masterpiece. Even if he has to crumble it and start over! (which I am crumbled yesterday and today I am starting over) You are doin an awesome job and you will reach your goal and your baby will be your greatest reward besides the feeling you have inside of knowing you did it! Have a great day!

ellis
01-31-2005, 10:11 AM
Everyone keeps telling me how great I look and though it does feel good, it also makes me feel squeamish because I know I have so much to lose. I dont' feel like I look that good yet. Doesn't everyone see the huge fat rolls I still have? :?: I know...I shouldn't be so critical, but I'm just being honest. Is anyone else having this problem? How do you deal with the compliments? You know...when you think about how far you've come, you feel skinny. But when you think about how far you have to go, you feel fat. What to do? :shrug:

That's a personality thing, darling. ;) You're going to have to work on that with your therapists. :lol:
I have the same problem. I think I just want to be invisible, and not be commented on. I LIKE knowing that I look good, but I'd rather hear, "Wow, you're really intelligent!" It sounds less surfacey. :lol3:
I think I also hate it because it makes me feel that there was something wrong with me before. I'm the same person... just healthier... and I happen to look a little different. But it's still me. :?:
AND... I kind of feel that my weight is no one else's business. It's such a huge topic for everyone... like the weather... but it's VERY personal!
Like when I was pregnant with my second child, and complete strangers would come up to me and express their joy at my situation! I felt like saying, "I'm suffering from depression, and feel like slitting my wrists! Would you please MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!"
There's something to be said for a little PC, and I think weight loss/gain should be included as "off-limits" conversations. Unless we bring it up ourselves, of course. :D

Barb0522
01-31-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm also up a couple of pounds this morning. I'm not sure why but I just hope it is back down tomorrow. I've been steady at 147 too long.

My son's school is having a blood drive today so I'm working from home so I could donate. Luckily they weren't crowded too badly since I didn't make an appointment. I actually managed to donate this time without clotting before the bag is filled. He kept a close eye on me and they got just enough. He suggested I donate platelets since I probably have a high platelet count which causes the clotting. I don't know. I guess I'll have to find out more about it.

There is one bad thing about donating though. At the end when he is giving the speel, he said "and no strenuous exercise for 24 hours". What? But today is the Pain in the Butt class! What if I just do ellipticals? I guess not... I might just take advantage of the time and go watch my son take his gymnastics lesson instead. But I wanted to exercise :(

HunnyBee
01-31-2005, 10:46 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Snow and Icey here almost all the schools are closed. Which is good for the kids! The roads were so icy I could of got out of my car and looked down and saw my reflection in the road.

I lost one more pound! Whoo hoo! :cheer: Im on Phase I and the longer Im on it the better. I will start PH2 round 2 on Thursday :D

I start my 12wk Dale Carnegie Course tonight. :coach: The only thing it's straight from work so Im going to have to eat on the way. I packd massive snacks for the week, so in case I miss brkfst, snack or something I got something to grab on the go and eat in the office. I tend to want to swim off shore when I'm starving to death. :^:

Well Im glad everyone is getting better that's great! For you gals going to WW I think the program was great! I cant' afford it way more money than SB and my own plan.

Hope everyone's catching some rays on the beach. I FINALLY posted that Stuffed Bell Pepper recipe on the Recipe board. It's good. :sunny:

Ruthxxx
01-31-2005, 10:52 AM
Just a note to Chipper and Jenne017, I'm still a South Beacher but am also on WW CORE program. They can be combined!

Beachgal and Ellis, my Grandmother used to say "Personal remarks are seldom in good taste!" She was a Victorian lady but that comment could still be used when folks make inappropriate remarks! Sort of snotty but better than saying "Frass off!" although that would work too. :rofl:

RNMOM
01-31-2005, 11:09 AM
Hey ladies. Sounds like the sand is already crowded..............mmooooovvveee over! I had a quiet weekend. Hubby came home after being in Minneapolis all week, it's nice to have him back. My son officially got engaged................ :yikes: My other son is almost done with basic training :drill: My oldest daughter is moving (as we speak) from Dallas to Atlanta.............sheesh can life ever be on cruise control????

At church yesterday a lady collapsed and some teenager ran through the chapel to get me to help. (nothing discreet in church services) Anyway the lady ended up being just fine. I took her home, had her eat some food and then went and checked on her later in the evening.

Eating has been OK, no loss last week, in fact a gain. :rollpin: I can't figure it out. Oh, well. I doubt I'll make the January goal, but I'm OK with it. I need to drink more water and eat fewer nuts and exercise more.

You all have a great day.

chipper15173
01-31-2005, 11:36 AM
I am staying here. :), not as friendly over there on the WW board. I just love it here. Everyone is so friendly and caring. Too much good stuff goes on here:). Well, time to get the GD's lunch started and fed. 1:00 is nap time both have colds, also time to drug them up again. At least it makes them sleep, which they really need. Otherwise they don't like to rest and get better.
cruise by later.

little chick
01-31-2005, 12:01 PM
Hey chicks I am back. God I hate going to the bank. We have to wait a week to get the final answer and get our money. DH does not do well at these things he hears what he wants to hear and not the whole picture. Anyway I think it will all work out in the wash. Some time in March we are going back to get some finical planning for our future we have no investments of anykind :o

Taz- you are right they work for us. Our loans officer is great and she is doing everything she can to make sure that this works for us and it is in our best interest.

chipper- I am glad you decided to stay and play in the sand. We would miss you. I have posted in other places as well but have never felt as welcome as I do here. I just love you chicks.

Beach- I love skiing I wish I could do it everyday. But I am not rich enough. I think DH was more upset about the "Howie" than the kids were. But hopefully this week end he will be here. Don't get discouraged about those dang scales just keep up the good work and you will be on a down slide before you know it.

cottagebythesea- skiing is the best. Your day sounds like mine always thinking of kid things to do. I used to take mine to the library all the time. We would go in on the bus go to story time and then have lunch then back on the bus home. That was before everyone ended up with all these different scheduals and now it doesn't fit into the schedual very well.

Well chicks I got to fly all this talk about little ones reminds me I have a few things to get done before I head to the bus stop. chow for now chicks.

kissyjoy
01-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Good Frustrating Morning to you all :mad: -

It seems like I am not the only one who's having scale problems. This week I felt like I lost weight. My clothes feel a little looser and I was looking forward to jumping on the scale. I got up and took my waist and hip measurements first. My waist was down 3/4" this month and my hips were down 1 1/4" so you'd think the scale was going to be nice to me. I jumped on and it said 153 AGAIN!!! :mad: I moved the scale from the tile to the carpet to another spot on the tile to a different rug and it all came out the same. I took the battery out, shook it over and over, put it back in and it still said 153! I started to pick it up to throw it out the window but thought that the sound of it coming apart might wake up my neighbors so I just put it back on the floor and threw some laundry on top of it so I didn't have to see it. I realize that I lost inches but I wanted to make goal sooooooo bad this month. Maybe it's Mondays???? :lol: I'll try again tomorrow and post my official weigh-in. Isn't it amazing how we get fixated on the number? TOM also came a week early even though I'm on the pill. Sometimes that happens when I lose a bunch of weight so that has me even more frustrated!

I wanted to start exercise again this morning. I went to bed at a decent time last night but woke up around 3:30 this morning. I could not for the life of me go back to sleep. I sat there awake until my alarm went off at 5:30. By then I had one of those tired headaches and DH forgot to turn on the heater when he left so I stayed in bed. I ended up falling back asleep and not waking up until really late. Has anyone ever taken Tylenol PM? Does it make you feel drowsy in the morning? I haven't been sleeping well at all and thought that might work.

My weekend was somewhat uneventful. I spent Saturday picking some things up around the house. My neighbor let me try her Dyson vaccuum which is awesome! I ended up going out yesterday and buying one. It's amazing how much dirt that thing picks up. It's pretty gross knowing there was that much dirt in my carpet! :eek:

The contractor came over yesterday and told us that he could take that wall out in our kitchen. It is a load bearing wall but he can put some kind of steel beam to support that area. He said it should be stronger than what's there now so that was my good news this weekend! :D I can't wait to open it up in there! It looks like that might be happening this week so we have a lot of dishes and things to move out. After that, we can get the cabinet guy in to start building our cabinets! I can't wait!

Well, after reading all of your posts and posting back, I don't have time right now to reply to everyone. I hope you all have a great day though!

geekchic
01-31-2005, 01:57 PM
Morning! Phase 1 week 2 day 2 for me! I was so excited to lose 3 pounds last week, but I really think that I ate too much cheese and not enough veggies, or I would have lost more. This week I am going to try to remedy that and see what happens. I made a spreadsheet with a place to put my weekly weight as opposed to if I lost 1 pound a week. I am already 2 pounds ahead! :cb: It will take me almost exactly a year to reach my goal if I lose 1 pound every week and I think that is do-able, right?

Anyway back to work for me!

Bamiegurl
01-31-2005, 01:59 PM
CJ... I'm so glad it is working out for you. Maybe i need to tell DH about the beam????????? I would love to take that one wall out!

kissyjoy
01-31-2005, 02:44 PM
Bamie-

I'll send my contractor over right away :lol: ! He's putting some kind of steel beam up with a bunch of steel rivets. We are lucky we only have to pay his workers to come do it and cost of material so it will be somewhere around $1300 since we'll need 4 guys for a day and a half or so. We thought it was going to be a lot more and probably would've scrapped the idea.

Everyone seems to have a lot of reno projects going on this year which reminds me...Ellis, how's your kitchen coming along?

mhdthompson
01-31-2005, 03:10 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies-

I am doing much better today than I was on Friday :(

DH and I have decided that we are going to have a fence installed in the back portion of our yard. We also decided that after loosing Jack, we needed to look for another puppy as soon as possible. It is always going to hurt and he will never be forgotten but we needed to fill that void. This weekend I fell off the SBD wagon completely and I am paying for it. Friday night I didn't feel like cooking at all so we got pizza....That messed up my stomach worse than that whole bag of snap peas should have!!!! :lol:
Well we found a puppy on Sunday (DH Birthday) His name is Tater (Tate for short) He is the one at the top of the litter....and he thinks he is the top dog!!! Hope all is well with everyone and thanks again for all of your support on Friday. I really needed it!!!!!

Bamiegurl
01-31-2005, 03:29 PM
CJ.... Uh never mind! DH would never go for that right now! He si mad that I am doin anything in the litchen at all he wants to build our new bathroom! I have a way of sneakin stuff in on him! But I will keep in mind when I get ready to do the big kitchen reno project! WooHoo!

Bamiegurl
01-31-2005, 03:30 PM
Duh... I forgot to say how CUTE the puppy is! I'm so glad y'all got a new one and all is well.

active
01-31-2005, 05:45 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies,

This will have to be quick, I too am off to a meeting. I can't believe in one weekend I found so many people who have the same things in common with me. FLYLADY and food. LOL!!!

I am interested in knowing if during Phase I, any of you felt physically sick, I mean nauseated. My sister, the nurse, who knows everything, suggested I really needed to add some healthy carbs and move to Phase II or try WW core.

I hope each of you had a Happy Monday!!

Ruth, Are you a red hatter? I am reading the book.

Mamacita, I live in SC and ddi not miss the ice storm. I have a feeling we will one more before spring.

Bamie, How is the hair?

Little Chick, Sorry about the puppy, they are always like family here.

Nally, DH and I love B&B, just enjoy!!! 10 years is very special in this day and time.

TAZ, YOu make me tired, does this burn extra calories.

Cottage, I got some special wallpaper glue at the wallpaper store once, (of course I don't remember the name) it was to reapply wallpaper. It helped, then DD wanted to paint the room.

To all the rest of you, Tomorrow is February, I love the first of anything.

Hugs and prayers..

Wanda/Active

Bamiegurl
01-31-2005, 07:43 PM
Active... My roots changed but not the red! But it does not look bad my roots are no where near as noticeable now! lol What should I do to get my dark golden brown back?

changa
01-31-2005, 08:42 PM
Evening ladies!

Well I was feeling quite happy with myself this morning when I did my official weekly weigh-in and found I lost 2 lbs. on my first week on Phase 2 (really 1.5)! I had a tomato and cheese omelet with my coffee for breakfast and was out the door. There were no classes today, but we had a professional development day so I basically sat through meetings all day. Everyone was happy when they announced they would be providing lunch. Unfortunately, lunch was pizza. :( I had 4 small slices and felt really guilty about it, too. I'm just eating a salad tonight for dinner and hoping that I don't pay too dearly for those slices tomorrow!

HistoryChick
01-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Laurie and Ellis I'm with you guys....When someone compliments me I feel awkward...For example today my bosses asked if I had lost more weight...which I haven't and One of them was like I'm gonna start calling you Slim....But when I look in the mirror I don't think I'm slim...I still see that my thighs are still big that my stomach is still there sticking out and that I still have a big butt...Maybe it's all mental I dunno...I mean i know I've lost a lot of weight...but at the same time I don't feel like I have...Today I felt fat...I hate fat days......everything I tried on for work I just didn't think I looked good in....but oh well I guess we all have those days......anyhow I hope you guys are all having a good day and keep up the great work!!