View Poll Results: What do you wear on the beach?
Swimming costume 4 22.22%
Bikini 3 16.67%
Tankini (2-piece costume but with a tank top ) 5 27.78%
Nothing (oo-er missus!) 0 0%
I keep covered up as much as possible 1 5.56%
Other (details) 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 05:01 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Hi girls,
Sorry for only lurking yesterday - far too busy at work to post.
Weather here is getting nice and sunny again. Summer at last, which should motivate me to keep up my running so I can get all toned for bikinis. Argh! Doesn't that word strike fear into your heart?
Hmm, still got lots of work to do so I'll start this and come back later.
Well done on yesterday's losses,
Kirsty
Old 05-15-2001, 06:08 AM   #2  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi guys! Yup, I was lurking yesterday too, but it's so nice to me missed! Makes m e feel all warm inside ...

Wedding on Saturday was lovely but HOT, far too hot to be all dressed up and eating a full roast dinner (lot sof sleepy people after the meal!). Blokey and I were taking lots of notes, we got some good ideas of things to do (and not to do!).

I answered 'other' on the poll because I never go to the beach to sunbathe or swim (allergic to seawater, believe it or not!), only to walk - so I'm pretty much always fully dressed. How sad is that?!

Emily - welcome back! I too am off dairy because it does bad things to my insides, but I have found soya is an ace alternative, there are some fabby products out there, and lots of them are calcium-enriched, so you're not missing out on anything vital. Good luck with the new way of eating.

Everyone else - yay! on the losses, I'm skipping WI today because I have to go to London. Speaking of which ... I'm outta here!

hugs,
Lolly
xxx
Old 05-15-2001, 08:36 AM   #3  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

I usually wear a swimsuit and also some sport shorts like Umbros or something similar. Then when I actually go to get in the water, I'll take the shorts off.

Funny you mentiond that because I actually tried on a bathing suit this weekend. I really liked the suit and it kept my tummy tucked in, but whoa - those thighs. As nice as the suit looked, drop down to my thighs and prepare to scream

Ladies - I have a question. I think now that I've lost 32 pounds, that I actually have MORE cellulite. I didn't really have it before. Now, my legs are all dimple-y. Anyone else notice that?

I was wondering if just before I had enough fluff to fill out all the dimples? Don't know.

Kirsty, Lolly - good to see you back!

Ate at my max yesterday but went to the gym. I want to eat near my min every day since I didn't lose last week!

Brenda!!! Yeah Avs. I had a feeling it was time for Chris to get a goal. So it was an empty net - it's still a goal! Yeah. I'm just glad they are heading to St. Louis with 2 wins. Everyone in Boston is rooting for the Avs!

Okay girls... see y'all later.

Lisa
Old 05-15-2001, 08:56 AM   #4  

Hello ladies. I ate a little more than planned at my meeting last night so I think I finished the day slightly over points due to my ice cream and snack at 10pm when I got home. I did get some great exercise though so it might have been over by 1 for the day. I won't be able to make up for the weekend in time for WI but I am trying to move on. I am hoping that I was retaining water last week since TOM comes Thurs.

I had some extra time before my meeting last night so I went to the mall. HEcht's (department store) was having a great sale and I wanted to buy a purse with my birthday money. I found a lovely bone covered Nine West purse originally $59, I paid $35!!! I was so pleased. They had so many cute purses, I may go back

Today I have packed a small lunch as I am hoping to have a yummy dinner with DH and my dad. IT is our only free night for all three of us to sit together and relax so I am looking forward to it. I don't know what we will eat so I wanted to leave lots of points.

On the subject of bathing suits, I think I am going to buy a new one. I have not gotten a new suit since my honeymoon 3 years ago and my grandmother bought it for me as a gift. The last one I paid for was 5 years ago. I wear bikinis in the backyard and sometimes at the pool if I don't know anyone or am with very good friends. OTherwise I have a plain 1 piece. I think I am going to splurge and get a tankini, they had some cute ones in the LAnd's End catallog.

Jen - I am sure that you will get to your pre-PG weight soon. You are doing great. Are you breast-feeding? People say that makes the weight come off really fast. That is what I hope to do after I have a baby.

Kirsty - Glad you are a little less busy.

Lolly - Isn't it fun to take ideas from other people's weddings? I love weddings. I always think about what I would or wouldn't do if I had it to do again. Glad you enjoyed despite the weather.

Lisa - I don't know if I am more dimply or not. I think I tried not to look before. I am sure that there are somethings you can do to firm up the skin. You might ask at the doc next time you go.

Emily - I am so glad that you are back. How are you? How are your kids? Sorry to hear about the dairy. Are you lactose intolerant? They make lactose free products and soy products. I am sure it won't be an easy adjestment but you will do fine.

I hope everyone has a lovely morning. I am sure I will be back to check in again soon.

Sarah
194.4/161/153
Old 05-15-2001, 09:18 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hi all... Just me... It's my b-day today.... did everyone forget??? Booo hooo!!!

Sarah... Yes I did breastfeed. But I was only able to do it for 4 months, then it got too difficult with work. But in response to your comment... NO IT DOESN'T make the weight come off faster. At least for me. I am actually losing faster now that I am not feeding. I think it all depends on the person. I initially lost weight after giving birth and for the first couple of weeks... then I started gaining... about 5 pounds. Then slowly my weight would go up and down. It was very frustrating. Just to prepare you... every persons body is different when it comes to being PG... some lose quickly after, some gain quickly during... it all depends!!! I gained slowly, but also was not able to lose it quick!

Tilley... My hips are aweful in a swim suit... but not sure on the cellulite... mine is slowly toning up... FINALLY! I hope to never have it again. However I have varicose veins on my legs... they are aweful... and spider veins. I would LOVE to get rid of them!!!

Lolly and Kirsty... welcome back from lurking land! Some days I feel lurking is the best!

Well gotta go!
Old 05-15-2001, 09:54 AM   #6  
Scotland's finest export

Default HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!

happy birthday to you
and so on!

i have heard running is good for getting rid of cellulite.
Old 05-15-2001, 10:13 AM   #7  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah ~ Your purse sounds fabulous! I love buying purses, and often! But, I bought an all leather purse last year from Wilson's Leather Store, and I love it, it will be a long while before I buy another! Go buy a swimsuit! I buy a new one every year, love the awesome colors and such they come in. Have fun at dinner tonight, sounds like a nice, relaxing evening.

Lisa ~ I know what you mean about the thighs thing, my problem area has always been the thighs, butt deal. I try to buy high-cut swimsuits, it thins my legs out (at least they appear to be thinner!) and brings my butt up! I tried on one of those "daisy duke" like swim bottoms that are popular now, holy crap! it looked terrible, talk about make my thighs look like thunder-thighs!!!!

Lolly ~ It is really nice going to weddings to get ideas of what you want to do and what you don't want to do. I have a wedding to attend in June, I really enjoy going to weddings, drinking....dancing....what more could a person ask for!!

Kirsty ~ Glad to see you could pop on for a few minutes!! Get that bod toned up for bikinis!!!

Well, I have a terrible sore throat today, I was up all night last night cause I couldn't swallow. My throat has little red spots all over it, what is that??? Lori, where are you when I need you??????? Anyway, I hope it gets better by Friday, DH and I are leaving for our weekend getaway....my luck I will be sick all weekend!!!

On an up note...my eating went well yesterday, and I journaled, and drank my water (and lots of green tea too, since my throat hurts), I made brownies for the kids last night, and didn't have any....

Well, better get some work done....check in later!
Old 05-15-2001, 10:17 AM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Kirsty and Lolly - missed you!! Emily - missed you!!

Jen - Hippo Birdie 2 Ewe......yes, I worked in a card store and now I am forever cursed with remembering the stupid lines off the cards. Happy 29th. remember, these are the best years of your life. I also have some spider viens on my upper thigh that I hate - I have had them for like 10 years or more. Mom and Gram and my sisters all have them too - I guess they are hereditary??

Lisa - don't know about the cellulite....but, I feel like you - the torso looks good in the swimsuit, the rest doesn't...oh well!!!

Sarah - I love 9 west shoes and purses.....and arnold churgin, but I can never afford them.

WELL....I must go. Was late today and didn't have time to walk in, but parked about 12 min away so I still get somewalking in. I am painting pottery tonite with 3 of my friends who don't know eachother, and my sister, should be most interesting..but I hope to get my butt home early and workout before I go! I will not have time after, and I don't want to feel guilty!!

Have a good day!! Hello to everyone.

Belle
Old 05-15-2001, 10:33 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

morning
i squeeze my voluptuous self into a tankini with a bra underneath b/c shelf bras are evil
its very cute/sporty looking my sis wouldnt let me get the sexpot one last year and my thighs do look huge but ya know what who cares i like it and my tummy doesnt show
the doc appt got pushed to 2:30 and i dont want to eat before it eugh what to do
Belle the pottery sounds fun I love getting friends together

tonya congrats on the brownies maybe gargle with some salt water or snag some chloroseptic]

Sarah the purse sounds fabu i love accessories!

Lisa just concentrate on the positive

lolly have fun in london!

Kirsty TONE TONE TONE!

Kierie
Old 05-15-2001, 11:29 AM   #10  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Good morning everyone! Quick post...boss on smoke break...returning soon...
I've decided to "maintain" until the wedding. I'm still going to try to lose, but if I don't, I'm not letting it get me down. I have so many other weddings and showers (including my own) to attend that I really don't think I could lose, excercise and plan all at the same time. I don't even have time to go to the gym anymore!!
My lunch hours are taken, too! (knocks out walking)
Any suggestions? I'm not a morning person AT ALL!! so waking up early doesn't ever work. Besides, I'd just go back to sleep
I'm not giving up on WW by any means, I just don't want to stress out over not losing weight. ya know?
Well, boss is returning so I'll post more later.
Hmmm, maybe it's the PMS talking.
Old 05-15-2001, 11:40 AM   #11  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Great, now I'm known as the girl with the cellulite! Actually, it's still not bad. I had just never had it before, so I was shocked that I ahve it now that I'm losing weight, because I thought you have less when you lose weight. But I've added an extra day of weight training to my workout - hoping to tone that all up.

Stacy, you could go to the meeting and have her write in your weight and not tell you. Actually, that's one of the topics on the WW site today. My leader believes that too. She doesn't like people to get discouraged when the think they've gained, so she'll write in for them. That way, they've made the meeting, reeped those benefits, but still get the chance to put off that negative feedback. By the next week, they've made up for it... and sometimes find out that they hadn't even gained the week before.

Tonya, I never thought about going high-cut. I always figured the more cover up, the better. But that makes sense. And I don't mind my butt so much. It's actually a nice shape I think.

Jen!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi belle and sarah - hope you have a good day.

Talk to you all soon!
Lisa
Old 05-15-2001, 11:41 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

stacey dont give yourself the added stress of trying to lose and risk a gain its not worth it by maintaining you will give yourself some leeway besides with all the running around u will lose more anyway how long till the big day?
Old 05-15-2001, 11:43 AM   #13  

Default Happy Birthday Jen!!!!

Tonya-the little red spots may mean nothing, or it could be the beginnings of strep throat...are you sick too? Like do you have a fever, nausea, and feel crappy?? if it's just the throat it could be allergies and post nasal drip!!!

Bathing suits-my favorite topic-NOT!!!! I used to say "If I could just lose 30 lbs I'd feel so much better in a suit" Now I've lost 30 lbs and am still saying the same thing...are we ever happy, ladies??? Those three way mirrors are evil...I have a nice two piece that I can get away with...but the thighs and butt are my horrible areas...those shorts things look AWFUL!!! I try not to wear t-shirts and to be proud of the way I look but it's hard...Mode magazine cheers me up, actually-there are many beautiful models in there...all normal sized....they give great tips on slimming clothing as well....

Well, i'm going home to sleep and hopefully to run a little bit....more later-Lori
Old 05-15-2001, 11:44 AM   #14  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Stacey - also, you could squuze your butt cheeks together while you sit at your desk
Also, I get up and get water, but I go the the water cooler on the other side of the building. It's just a nice break. All those smokers get smoke breaks here and there... I think just getting up and moving around is a good thing.

Plus, I think practing "maintaining" is a good thing. You'll know what it takes to maintain once you get there.

So, when is this wedding?

Lisa
Old 05-15-2001, 11:48 AM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

i just have to rant about those boy shorts lol
they are made for ppl who have no hips so if you even have small hips tho i dont you look like 2 ton tessie! whats up with that? anyway hehe im done
Closed Thread