Old 01-30-2005, 07:38 PM   #16  

[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Courier New]

congratulations on quitting smoking!! u have made it thru one hurdle! u must take weight loss one step at a time.... some days will be good and some might not be so good.... but don't give up!! thats what i try to keep saying to myself! hang in there!
diamondlady2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 07:51 PM   #17  

Welcome Kerry.... I Really Think That U Will Find The Support And Help U Will Need With This Group. This Is A Great Site! Totally Was My Inspiration! We Have A Lot In Common... Am Trying To Get To 130-135 Lbs.. With A Starting Weight Right Now Of 164. I Used Weight Watchers And South Beach Diets And Got Down To About 140 Give Or Take A Few Lbs... But Recently After Holidays Etc Have Been Having A Hard Time Getting Back On Track With Fitness And Eating Habits.... In Ur Area Are There Any Places Like Curves Or Ladies Workout Expresses?? These Clubs Are For Women Only Take Only 30 Minutes To Complete And U Meet Other Women Going Through Their Own Weight Loss Endeavors... Its Fun... I Joined One.. And Like It A Lot Just Need To Get My Butt Back There... This May Help U Ease Into The Exercising Mode....

Donna
Old 01-30-2005, 09:04 PM   #18  
Kerry

Default Thanks Donna

I have looked into some of the fitness places in my area, but right now I can't justify the expenditure. I am married and we are living on just my income, which is only PT right now. My DH is a FT student with two years until graduation. We live on a strict budget, which makes it difficult to lose weight. I have had some room to flex the grocery budget but not eating out and DH has been very agreeable about it.

I do pilates at home occasionally and walk my Rottie regularly. I need to do the pilates more and probably start some yoga. My muscles are still long and lean from my athletic days, but I just don't have it in me to be a runner again.

I'd like to look good in a bikini by summer. I think I need to get cracking to make that happen
Loud_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:22 PM   #19  
No Uno Mas?

Lori- looks like we have enough to start our own group.
Karen- I'm on WW and lovin it.

I weigh in tomorrow so wish me luck
Christalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:51 PM   #20  

I'll get us up and running by noon! Going to bed for now!! Wow I'm excited looks like a fun group!!! I call it the same thing "Full time working stiff" if we want to change it later we can! Oh and GOOD LUCK! I'm going to do my first weigh in tomorrow morning!
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 01:08 AM   #21  

Exclamation

Lori And Christina... Good Luck With Weighins.... Christina U Say U Are Doing Ww And Loving It... Are U Doing The Flex Plan Or Core Plan... I Did The Flex And Did Well But Just Don't Want To Go Thru The Points Again!! Got Tired Of Counting...am Not Starting My Official Weighin Until I Decide If I Am Starting Ww Or La Weightloss....

Yes This Looks Like A Great Group..... Looking Foward To Getting To Know Everyone....

Libraryian.....can Relate To The Financial Situation I Have A Bit Of One Of My Own... But We Are Still Both Working And I Decided To Cut Back On Eating Out So Much And Giving Up Some Of My Female Maintenance... Hair Dresser I Limit To About Once Every 6wks...to Just To Get My Color Done And One Of My Best Friends Is Hairdresser So She Gives Me A Good Break... My Husband And I Don't Really Go Out Socially So That Helps To So That I Can Afford To Put Out About 35.00 Per Month To Join My Health Club.... Also I Gave Up My Cell Phone Too For That.... Though Like U I Used To Work Out At Home With Tapes I Have A Whole Box Of Them Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Lbs... Is Great Workout And Also The Denise Austin Tapes Are Awesome If U Want To Kick It Up A Bit... They Are Both Great Motivators.... I Got A Lot Of Mine On Ebay For A Fraction Of The Cost.... And Still Use Them In Between But Right Now I Am In A Terrible Rut.... But I Know I Will Get Back On Track With The Help Of All Of U..... Lets Just All Hang In There.. Cuz Yes We Can Do It!! :d

Donna
Old 01-31-2005, 05:24 AM   #22  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning Everyone,
I have decided to count calories as well. I was told that 1300-1600 would be good for me to do. I thought the 1600 was alittle high but I'll find out for sure on that today. I decided the only thing that works for me is being able to eat what I want when I want it.. I'll be doing that but now I'll have to be held accountable with counting calories. I sure hope this works for me.
Good luck to everyone today with your new ways of eating.
The boss will be at work for the next two days so I might not be able to come out and play much today and tomorrow. We'll see...
Lori...Let me know how you're doing with this lifestyle. I like your attitude about the whole dieting thing.
Talk to you all later..
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 08:25 AM   #23  

Good moring everybody, I'm having problems getting our first post up on the support group threads. I have been trying since about 6:30 am and it won't post. I'm going to contact the girls for help. I was hoping it was just my computer at home, but it won't work here at work either.
I had the same problem yesterday too!
Old 01-31-2005, 09:18 AM   #24  
Kerry

Default Hey you did it!

Well here we are, support buddies I like the sound of that.

I am happy to report that I weighed this morning and I have lost another pound! I am down to 155 even after eating that cheesecake this weekend that I COULD NOT resist!

How's everyone else doing?
Loud_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:34 AM   #25  

Default Good morning

Suzann moved us because we couldn't post a new thread. So for now we'll run off the original. I did my weigh in today and I also lost **4 lbs.** Probably mostly water since it's my first week, but I'll be postive and say 2 for water and 2 for fat . Now I have to figure out my slider and contact everybody with the move!
Old 01-31-2005, 10:50 AM   #26  

Thumbs up

Congratulations To All On Ur Recent Weight Loss! U Go Girls!
I Am Off To The Gym... And Then Work At 4;00pm This Week... Still Haven't Decided Which Weight Loss Plan I Am Going To Start... But I Am Getting My Feet Back Into The Right Perspective.... At Thats To The Gym... Well Thats A Good Start Right?? I Had A Egg Beater Omelet With Once Piece Of Whole Grain Bread For Breakfast To Start Off... Which I Guess Is Good... And Hot Herbal Tea... Won't Have Much Time To Post Until Tonight Probably After I Come Home From Work At 12:30am... So U All Have A Great Day....

Donna
Old 01-31-2005, 11:05 AM   #27  
The next BIG FAT LOSER!!

Default Hello!

Hello~

I have been posting on and off for a few weeks now. I am 31 years old, married and have a 5 year old son. I work as a nurse in a local regional jail. My MD just put me on Meridia a few weeks ago. The first week I lost 4 lbs. and this past week I lost 2 more. I have been fixing smoothies for breakfast and lunch and then eating a salad for dinner. I have also been drinking lots of water. That is one good thing about the pills, they make me VERY thirsty. I also go to Curves every morning. My first goal is to lose one dress size before I go on my cruise (2/25/05). I'm sure that I will gain some weight while on the cruise so come the first week on March I will have to start working EXTRA hard.

I was on WW a few years ago and lost 15 lbs or so. I would like to start that back up but I can't go to meetings. I work 3p-11p so I couldn't make it to the meeting during the week and on weekends I try to sleep in till 9:00 and that is when the Saturday meetings are. I might look into WW online once I come back from my cruise.

Hope everyone has a great week!!

~Jenn
lpnin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 11:14 AM   #28  

Hi Jenn,
Welcome! My Dr. put me on Merdian twice, I had good luck with it the first time, but gained it all back when I went off them. The second time I had some strange reaction, the only way to explain it was a metal taste in my mouth ***yuck***. My Dr. is sweet I'm trying to lose at least 10 lbs before I have to go see her on March 10th. That way she won't offer the pills to me again! Working afternoons has it's perks but it can really mess up you up for dieting. I worked afternoon shift straight for 2 yrs., I was glad to get off it. I really missed out on 2yrs worth of sports with the kids and ate all kinds of crazy things.

Last edited by lmatis; 01-31-2005 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:51 AM   #29  
No Uno Mas?

Hello
Donna- I am on the flex points program. I think I would go overboard if I was on the core plan. I need to be help accountable for my actions. I think I can be sneaky at times
I am so upset I gained this week and I don't know how that could have happened. Just recently, my job said no more drinking at our stations and if that is the reason...I'm gonna forget that I'm an I do feel stress free at the moment I dropped my Intro to Algebra class and added tennis. I will take a Algebra perparation class next semester. I never understood math I even had to drop Lifetime Fitness for the Algebra class anyway...Sorry for my rambling
I'll check in later.
Christalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:17 PM   #30  

Christina,
It's muscle you gained, yea that's what it is, now I'm jealous!! I would be under my desk drinking H20 from a sprots bottle!! That's mean, I know liquid + computer = disaster but come on if you use a lid all should be good. I would suggest a camel back, can't spill that, but you would look like a dork! When I worked at Verizon we all got special spill proof cups with fancy lids. I hate math too, if it wasn't for a calculator I'ld still be sitting in that math class from 2 yrs ago trying to finish the test.