South Beach Diet - Barley on P1?

View Full Version : Barley on P1?

Bobolvr78
01-29-2005, 10:03 AM
Hi, I'm new to the forum and South Beach. I was going to start the diet yesterday but dinner out at a pizza place stopped me. So today I have decided to purge my kitchen of the "illegal" foods for P1 and later I'm going to the grocery store to stock up on lots of veggies and other good things.
I just had a question about barley. Is this food restricted in P1? I read through the book and did not really see it mentioned or I must have overlooked it.
Thanks so much,
Mary :^:

Ruthxxx
01-29-2005, 10:11 AM
Mary, welcome to The Beach.

The book is out of date as far as the food lists are concerned. Please check out the Phase I food list in the FAQ section of this South Beach Forum for the altest revision.

Barley and other whole grains are not allowed on Phase I but are fine for Phase II so don't pitch the barley in your cleanout!

Please join us on the Daily or Weekend threads and get to know this nutsy group!

ellis
01-29-2005, 10:29 AM
Mary, welcome to the Beach!! :wave:
Are those bunnies or guinea pigs? They're gorgeous!!

Bamiegurl
01-29-2005, 10:36 AM
Hey Mary welcome to the circus! lol

cottagebythesea
01-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Mary, welcome to the Beach!

Bobolvr78
01-29-2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the nice welcome! I'll be sure to join in the threads.
Ellis, they are my guinea pigs. The ones in my avatar are Flo, Mac & Cheese (can you tell I love that food?) and the two in my profile who are wearing bunny ears are Elvis and Mr. Bo. :D

ellis
01-29-2005, 06:48 PM
They're so sweet! Our kids have two guinea pigs... Charlotte and Ted. (both girls) They're SO friendly... they just want to be cuddled all day. (and eat oranges and green peppers) :)

little chick
01-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Welcome to the Beach.