Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-29-2005, 06:00 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - January 29th and 30th

Good Morning Lovely Ladies

Boy oh boy is it cold out. Its 6 degrees out

DD woke us up this morning, bright and early, 4:30 am. So here I sit lololol.
Lets see. This week I had my Aunts wake and funeral, my wedding anniversary and I ate like crap and didn't exercise. So today I start over again.

10:00 am, I have to take DD to a make up dance class that we missed during the week and I'll probably take a nap later. My house is a reck, its so messy that the thought of cleaning it is overwhelming.

Whats everyone got planned for today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:49 AM   #2  

Hey Leens my house is such a mess I'm going to go to work to avoid it.......just kidding.,.....working a 12 hour day
see ya all later
Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 09:51 AM   #3  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

Smile

Morning Ladies,
Sort of early huh? Feels like it too me. In a little bit I have to go get ready for
work. DD is sleeping. And DH too.. How nice of them. LOL.. I feel like waking them up too. LOL.. Maybe I'll hog the bathroom first..
I work today. Won't be back home until this evening. Oh well, that's ok.. I won't have to do the housework either.
I brought DD to her Dr.'s appt. a few days ago. He put her on Tegretol too. I take that also. It works as a mood stabilizer also. Not just for seizures. It works wonderful for me. I think it will work great for her too. She really needs it. The Dr. says she has ODD. Oppositional Defiant Disorder. Really bad!!
I drank me a cup of coffee and a cup of hot green tea already. The green tea gives me some natural energy. I like that sometimes.
My stomach hurts today. That time of the month. I hate that! The way I have such cramps. And to work like that. Yuck! Well, at least I don't have one every month anyway..
Well, time for my shower. How is everyone doing today?? What's up??
Hugs to all, Lanee...
Laneebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 12:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Life is settling down somewhat. I have gotten back on track with the gym and lost 4 of the 8 pounds I gained back.

Hope everyone is doing well.
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 12:38 PM   #5  
Divine Gal

Default Good afternoon Ladies

I woke up earlier this morning with the right side of my face feeling like someone took a sledge hammer to it.I feel so wiped out today; I think its because TOM is on its way.I have figure out what I am going to eat for lunch and dinner.

BBL
*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

good afternoon gang.

I'm cleaning house today even tho I don't feel like it. I guess it is the winter weather huh - doesn't sound like any of feel like doing much. I really would be happy to lock myself in this house all weekend and not leave and not answer the phone and not do a thing. that would be just fine with me.

Leenie - congrats on your wedding anniversary!

Liz - hope you have a good day at work and hope the cleaning fairy comes and cleans while you are gone

Lanee - hope the cramps ease up and you have a nice day at work.

Judomom - it's so good to see ya! congrats on losing the 4 lbs! that is awesome!

Lynnie - I hope you feel better. eat something warm and comforting - yum soup sounds good.

Cin - are ya back yet?

Tippy - whasssssup?

April - how was coffee this morning?

SueMarie - whasssssup?

Chris, Ashlie & all our gang - whasssup?

I got to finish up this house before they start messing up the part I've already cleaned.

later gaters
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 03:22 PM   #7  
Phil 4:8

good afternoon ladies,
well a got thorough the funeral yeterday. for those of you that prayed for my family. thank you . may God bless you and yours. i didn't do as well with my food choices th last couple of days or getting in my water either. i need to check BS levels also. today i get to do better. i got up and 9:30 but then dozed until 11:00. in my chair. i was verystiff when i first got up. with fobromyalgia i found myself very stiff at the family gathering yesterday. all that sitting i think. even though i did move around. i don't think about having that time of the month. until i hear people say what a time they are having. I will pray for you right now. my house is also a mess. my dinning table. it seems to be my drop point. i look at it and somtinmes think that is what my life is like. cluttered. well i pray your week ends are well. that you stay on track. meet your goals and reward yourselves well. happy saturday.
mary
craftymom2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 05:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Hey Mary!
nice to meet ya! you seem really nice and I love the verse on your signature line! thanks for the prayers! and your cheerfulness! I look forward to getting to know you better! hope you have a great weekend too!
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:50 PM   #9  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Ladies!

Lanee – Hi there… I’ve heard that green tea gives you energy, but whenever I’ve drank it, I’ve never really felt much effect… but I like it when I’m sick, same with the Earl Grey… a tad bit of honey and lemon… I’m good to go. TOM – I hate it, I get the same way, stomach goes in knots. I don’t even wanna weigh in tomorrow because I get so bloated

Judomom – congrats on the weightloss!

Cathy – Hey there… not much up… I’m down to 359 today… Although today I sorta got into a bind. I just don’t wanna say to much til I weigh in tommorrow. Afraid I might jinx myself. How you been?

Craftymom – Welcome Nice to meet you and see you here…

So… today my sister decided to treat me to lunch. We went to soup plantation. I ate more than I should have, however, I managed to keep myself from eating til I had that “I wanna blow up” feeling. However, when I get home, my mom calls and says, “Your aunt is coming in with her new husband and his kids. We’re going out to Olive Garden for dinner. Meet us at 7:30” So here I am thinking I did really good at not over eating and I get this call… AHHHH! I wanna meet my new family, but… I don’t wanna go but I wanna meet my new family. WAAH! Okie well… I’ll just get a soup, and I’ll slurp some of the juice That or I’ll do an extra set of exercising tomorrow.

We’ll see what happens. Catch up with everyone later…

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 09:00 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies Sorry I have been AFK this week between being sick and a bit down it just wasn't happening I have to rustle dh out of bed b/c we have more crap to move today and a memorial to go too
I screwed up my neck and shoulder and between the stress and the cold i coughed as soon as i got comfy in bed sooo i spent the night wrapped liked a mummy in the easy chair so i can breathe
Welcome mary! I have fybro too its not always funn
Hey Leenie anniversary girl
Lynnie I hope you are feeling better
Lanee maybe things with DD will get much better now
Hey Cathy hows the cleaning?
Sue how did dinner go
I gotta run have a great day
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 09:09 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Good to see you all today.

Mary welcome

I have soooooooooo much cleaning to do today, I got none done yesterday As soon as DH takes DD outside to go sleigh riding I'll do my hurricane cleaning lololol.

We had some more snow last night, not much but I'm just sick of it and and I can't wait until summer

I wish I could post more and be more involved here but my boss is right on top of me at work. It suckaroonies. My old boss would come out of her office and stop b/4 she got near my desk so that she knew I had privacy on the PC. This boss marches right out and goes right next to me so he see's my PC. He's very strict, he's nice but Im just not used to the sargent type. The worst is his sense of humor is way different than any of us there. My old boss loved it when we would be goofy, this one is to strait laced But then there's good and bad to every situation huh.

So here I sit w/my Graham Cracker coffee mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Watcha all got planned for today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 09:13 AM   #12  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

Talking Sunday 8 am..

Hey Ladies,
I am up sort of early. But I have to work today. Or else I would still be in bed.
I am drinking my first cup of coffee.
Sue Marie- Yeah the Green Tea is really good. Gives me energy. And thank goodness I didn't feel the cramps yesterday! But still,..
Oh, I bought the book by Dr. Phil the other day. 7 keys to Weight Loss Sucess.. Seems like it will be a real good book. My days off is the only time I'll
really have to read it. Have ya'll read it??
Mary- Sorry to hear about the funeral in your family. I know that is a hard thing to go through.
Hey Lynnie?- How are you doing?
Hey Cathy- How are you doing today?
Hey Leenie- How are you doing today?
Hey Liz- How ya doing?
And Hey to all the other ladies too.
Ya'll have a super and blessed day today..
Hugs to all, Lanee...
Laneebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:27 AM   #13  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning Ladies

Well the sun is shining again today.Dh is at the laundrymat.I feel like crap still.It feels as though something is on my chest.So I am either coming down with bronchotis, flu or I have a really bad cold.I have to change the bedding in my rabbits cage and vaccum today.But considering all this I am still eating well and my points will be lower starting tomorrow.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:08 PM   #14  
Walking by faith

Smile Hi Ladies

Stopping in to say hello

Leenie: I'm sorry that the is working you so hard. Maybe he'll mellow out with time. Graham cracker coffee sounds delicious!

Lanee: It's good to see you . My son was diagnosed with ODD too, back when he was in elementary school. I hope the new meds work well for your DD. Glad you're cramps are better-one thing I don't miss about getting older

JudoMom: Welcome back! And congratulations on the pounds lost!

SueMarie: WOW-going out to eat twice in one day! Soup Plantation sounds like a place near us called Sweet Tomatoes. It's a soup and salad buffet. Healthy-except for the homebaked bread & muffins Did you try the soup at Olive Garden. The Pasta fagoul (sp) is excellent!

Cathy: We're having a "Noreaster" down here; which just means that the wind is blowing from the northeast, and it's cloudy and dismal. I'm glad I'm not living back in New England-they're having another nasty winter. But I understand about the weather-it still feels like winter

Liz: Hope your shift went well

Mary: Sorry to hear about the death in your family. I know what you mean about clutter. My table tends to be a catch-all too. I'm sure this weather tends to aggrevate your fibromyalgia. I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Kierie: Welcome back-you've been missed

Lynnie: I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Good for you for staying on program not easy when you're feeling lousy. Isn't it wonderful to have a DH who will help with things like going to the laundromat. Give that guy a hug!

Not much going on here Things are going to be later this week-the Super Bowl is going on about 35 minutes from us. We may see an overflow of tourists in town (we live right off I-95). It should be interesting. I'm almost tempted to go into Jacksonville to see if we can spot any celebraties-like Tom Brady What a doll!

All right, that's enough

Have a wonderful weekend!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:59 PM   #15  

Good morning everyone.....although it is almost noon here now.

It is a dull day here.....DH just got back from walking Charlie....he said it is trying to snow.....but the temperature is around 0 degrees C.

I weighed in on Friday.....stayed the same....have been doing well with eating this last month....but yesterday.....I was just tired of being OP.....last night we went out for Chinese food.....I am back on track now though.

DH is painting in the living room.....today he will put the 2nd coat on the walls....it is a green....a darker green. He has painted the trim around the windows...the wooden window panes that come out.....& the new baseboards already. We got laminate flooring already.....he tore out the old rugs.....they were 30 years old.....it was time.

Lynnie.....hope you are feeling better soon.

JudoMom.....that's great....about losing 4 lbs.!!!!!!!!!!!!

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote