Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#25)

Sherry
01-28-2005, 08:00 PM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/angel20

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

ShelleyM
01-28-2005, 08:28 PM
TGIF!!! This has been such a hectic week. First the secretary was out Monday and Tuesday (she went to that anti abortion walk in Washington, DC), then the data lady was sick Thursday and today. I have been running around like crazy. I am so glad this week is over.

Becky just called me from work. She is so tired. She said that she would just like to once have a regular dinner. They have her working most days from 3PM-11PM. The 1 day she didn't work, she was doing wrestling stats for the school team. I don't know how much longer a 16 year old can go on like this. She has to start paying her car insurance in February, so she has to get enough money to make her monthly payment. I feel so bad for her, and there is nothing that I can do about it. I will be calling her boss if he continues to work her at this pace. Also if her grades start falling, she'll have to cut back. I barely see her anymore, she stays so busy.

Gayle-I hope you are all right. You usually post a least once a day. I hope it is because you are just too busy right now.

Dee-You are sounding like your old self again. I'm so happy to hear you are on the mend. Tomorrow's your big day. Isn't it 42 this year? I remember when you sent us the beach sand in your 40th invitation. I think I still have it somewhere!

Carol-Thanks for the new email address. I have it in my address book. For a minute I thought you had moved, then I noticed it was sent from your work address.

Sherry-I am so sorry to hear how depressed you are. I'm sure seeing your baby leave town is probably the hardest thing that a mother can do. I will be happy for you to join me over at the exercise thread. I'm starting to get more and more company.

Cheryl-Don't sweat about not being able to work out while you are away. You are doing great and every little bit helps. BTW, I haven't tried the ticker thing yet because I haven't lost anymore weight yet. I just got TOM, so I guess I did pretty good last week considering.

Debbie-Why aren't you posting at the exercise thread again? I hope you were able to get to the Y again this week.

Jennelle and Vicki-I miss both of you. I wish you would check in to let us know how you are doing.

Ramona-I hope you were able to get the help you needed with your back.

Janice-How is everything going?

Doni-Are you staying OP?

Tina-Where are you? Are you still on ebay? I haven't done anything there in quite awhile. It had gotten so slow that I just don't have the initiative to continue selling stuff there. I have just been sending stuff to evil MIL for her garage sales.

Everyone have a nice night!

ShelleyM
01-29-2005, 06:03 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DEE!! :cb: :gift: :dancer: :queen: :cheer: :cheers: :balloons: :flow1: :dance: :hat: :bravo: :hb: :jig:

HAVE THE BEST DAY EVER!! I LOVE YOU!!

Sherry
01-29-2005, 06:50 AM
Happy Birthday :queen: Dee :balloons:

:hat:I hope you have a great day! Have many, many more! :hat:

Love You!!! :gift:

coles
01-29-2005, 09:23 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEE!!

HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_10_3.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZB)

Enjoy your special Day. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_10_1.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZB)

Janice

DebbieA
01-29-2005, 11:54 AM
""HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEE!! Wishing you a wonderful day! You deserve it!!""

:hb: :dancer: :hb: :dancer: :hb:

Lots going on with me right now. Will try to post later.
Hugs...debbie

gdeann
01-29-2005, 03:49 PM
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR, SWEET DEE!!!!!!!!!!

I hope today is a very special day for you... filled with love, family and friends!!!!

:queen: :cofdate: :encore: :grouphug: :angel: :hb:

bootwoman
01-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Dee, I hope you have an absolutely FANTASTIC birthday!!!! I'm glad the news from the doctor was good.

After spending two days flat in bed, I decided to go back to work yesterday. I knew it would be piled to the ceiling and I couldn't stand the thought of trying to catch up. Well, long story short, I ended up in the emergency room. I was typing and all of a sudden my face started tingling and my lips went numb and I could hardly breathe. I wasn't having any pain, just the kind of pressure you have when you have bronchitis or a bad chest cold. Anyway, the doctor more or less told me it was a panic attack. He said everything looked normal, however he never once asked about my family history(which isn't good) and when I told him I had aortic valve regurgitation he just pooh poohed it off. They gave me some "anti-anxiety" medicine and sent me home with a heart monitor to wear for the weekend. Well, it probably WAS a panic attack, but it really pissed me off the way they just dismissed symptoms that would have thrown up red flags in a man. The nurse even said "now just because we're giving you these pills doesn't mean we think you're crazy". I guess some things will never change when it comes to the way men and women are treated by the medical profession. Okay, I'm going to get off my soap box now.

Ben got a call last night and we had to hustle around and get his return flight changed. They wanted him back on the base ASAP with all his gear packed and ready to leave Sunday. We have no idea where he is going because they could not tell him over an unsecure phone line. Rick drove him to Tulsa to the airport which is a 4 hour drive. I knew my back wouldn't be able to take it so I had to stay home. Dan's camp was bombed on Thursday. They blew up their water supply, but no one was hurt and he said it was really nothing out of the ordinary. Just another day in Iraq!

Okay, I'm getting woozy from this medicine so I'm going to crawl back in bed. I hope made sense with what I wrote! Talk to you girls tomorrow. Love you all.

Deelite
01-29-2005, 08:36 PM
Thank you for all the loving birthday wishes. Sure was nice to come here and see them.

Gayle does it take me having a birthday for you post? You know that if I keep doing this I am just going to be too dam old! Like way older than you! lol Glad that you posted. I hope that your back is doing better.

Sherry girl I figured that you weren't doing to good. Please take care of yourself. I love you.

Ramona I know what you mean how the doctors do not take women seriously when it comes to heart. I have been there to. We sure do have a lot in common with out heart and back. Gee I wish it was nicer things that we shared. Let us know where Ben ends up when you find out. I am sure that has to be stressful for you. Hang in there. My prayers are with you.

Janice thanks for popping in on your busy weekend to wish me a happy birthday. Are you having mild temps? We are having above normal temps. Of course it is still below freezing but it could be colder. I will send the warm weather your way.

Debbie glad to see you posting. Now if you have to keep dragging Sherry to the Y. It will be good for both of you. Enjoy your weekend.

Shelley you are right it is number 42. I am surprise that you kept the sand. It is with ambundance that you have it there. We only have for about 6 months of the year. That sure was a great 40th party. You remember Sherry had to remove the thread? We sure can get ptetty ranchy sometimes but all in good fun.

Well I have friends coming over right away. I will have to share the doc's news later and also our evening last night. (not at all what I thought....sure was a blast)

Good night all.

Sherry
01-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Dee....I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday. We all love you here and want you to get well soon!!! :grouphug:

With all the personal problems I have going on here, I now have a server bladder infection. It's now at the point where it's bleeding. I have layed around all day. Hopefully I can see the doctor on Monday.

Love to all....

gdeann
01-29-2005, 09:32 PM
:crazy: Hee-hee!!!! Dee's older then me now!!!!
Guess I need to start posting more often so she won't get any older for another year. Hope you had a grand birthday sweet'ms!!!

Ramona, please remember that you had REAL pain and its not in your head. Most medical professionals tend to piss me off. I was so upset when Allison had her trip to the ER, the doctor spoke to her like speaking to a 30-40 year old adult instead of a 5 year old. I hope you get better sweetie, maybe the numbness could have some connection to the back pain??

Sher-bear, did you go to the doc???? Are you taking your meds????? I know it sounds crazy, but drink some cranberry juice. I hope your better soon!!!!!

Janice, nice to see you posting!

Shelley, is Becky still putting in the long hours? I remember Liz's first job, sometimes she would go in directly after work and it would be midnight before she was home. Finally I said no more. At this age it is a privilage for the kids to have a job and her school work was suffering. Hopefully she will get things straightened out. The joys of being a teenager and wanting a car, then needing to pay for it.

Sorry I'm not posting much. We have alot going on, plus my back is still hurting. I quit taking the muscle relaxers, I couldn't tell much difference. I guess I'm just getting old and falling apart.

Wishing all of my dear Floozie friends a FANTASTIC weekend!

Love, Gayle

ShelleyM
01-30-2005, 06:23 AM
Ramona-Panic attack???? With those kind of symptoms?? I immediately thought it was related to your heart. It scares the **** out of me the way you were treated. It sounds to me more like a mini stroke or something. Please make sure that you put the doctor in his place and go to your regular doctor. You might even want to get a 2nd opinion.

I am praying for your boys. Everytime I hear about a massive bombing I think of you and pray for the boys.

Gayle-Becky is still putting in long hours. Today she just works from 12-6 though. I don't know what her next week schedule is, but I am hoping that it is better. Yesterday she was gone all day doing wrestling stats for the school wrestling team, then worked on them last night some more. Oh, and she got very mad at me because I threw away some college advertisements that came to her in the mail and were left sitting on the washing machine for days. How was I to know that she had requested them? I thought since she never looked at them that they were trash. I went through the trash cans but couldn't find them. My kids sometimes make me hate myself for not being a better and more caring mother. I should have known that she would be interested in them. Not only that, I should be reading them too!

I have been depressed over my entire life. Mainly my house being so worn down. Patty had some friends over and they made a comment about everything being old and so much clutter. I have been doing a room at a time with the clutter and I think that I am doing pretty good. I really can't do anything about things being old. I have no money to spend on new stuff. I need new lampshades, new carpet, new vanities in the bathrooms, new everything. I have been shining my bathroom and kitchen sink everyday, just as flylady says to do. It's hard though because I get no help from anyone. As soon as I clean something up, it gets cluttered with someone else's junk. I am about to give up on everything!

DebbieA
01-30-2005, 10:18 AM
Morning Girls!!

Hope everyone is having a restful weekend.

Ramona....Please follow up with you doctor. Sorry Ben's trip with you was cut short. Your boys are in my prayers daily.

Sherry...Please call your doctor tomorrow. That sounds like it could be serouis. Have you wrote lots of letter to Chris already?

Dee...Hope you had a wonderful birthday and a good report from you doctor was a great gift.

James has been having a lot of trouble with his back. His MD at Vanderbilt took X-rays which showed up nothing. He put him on steriods for 7 days, which helped for a while. He has been finished with the steriods for a week now. Well at 2am this morning he was in so much pain I took him to the ER at Vanderbilt. They treated his pain with Morphine and Valium. He doctor's office will call me in the morning with an appointment for a MRI. Hopefully we will get the answers soon. But now we do know it is more than just Arthritis.

Sorry for not posting to everyone. I'll be back later. Going to take a nap now.
Hugs...deb

gdeann
01-30-2005, 10:38 AM
Debbie, prayers sent for you and James. Hopefully trhe test results won't be anything too serious. Please keep us updated, ok?

Shelley, {{{HUGS}}} I'm in the same boat as you, we can't afford anything new either. I was to get new dining room carpet three years ago and it's still on the back burner. They say once you clear out the clutter in your home, you clear out the clutter in your life. My goal for this week is to try to make it in every room of the house and at least clean out one closet. We do not have storage space and as a result, I have junk stashed everywhere! I too, have spoiled my family, I can't remember the last time anyone here, other then me ran the vaccuum, dusted or did laundry. Try to keep yourself going, eventually you can work through the clutter and be happy with your home again. You know, if I ever was lucky enough to come see you, I would not even glance at your home and judge you, I know you as a person and I value your friendship regardless if you live in a castle or a grass hut.

Ramona, Shelley is right, maybe you need to go see your doctor????

Sherry, how are you feeling today???

ShelleyM
01-30-2005, 10:41 AM
Wow, all these back problems! I hope everyone recovers soon.

Question-I have been paranoid since that teacher died. I need to have a mammogram (it's been a couple of years.) Do you think I should call my gynecologist first and make an appointment with him before I call for the mammogram? It's also been awhile since I had a pap. I'm thinking that he probably has to give me a prescription for the mammogram.

bootwoman
01-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Shelley, since it's been a while, You should go ahead and get a routine exam and then have the mammogram done. May as well do it all at once, and your doctor really should examine you first to make sure he doesn't feel anything suspicious. I'm sorry you are depressed about your house. As hard as it is, try not to take what those young people say to heart. They will learn how hard it is to pay for things soon enough. Just keep up with your flylady routine and make what you have sparkle and shine...just like you!

Sherry, send someone immediately for some cranberry juice if you aren't already drinking it. NOT cranberry juice coctail, but 100 percent juice. I always mix mine with sprite to cut the tart taste. Also, if you are not taking AZO pills, get some of those. It is a pain killer for the urinary tract. I always keep them at home and work. Let us know how you are when you feel up to it.

Dee, I am wearing a TENS unit for my back right now. It has helped me so much. Have you worn one before? It sends electrical impulses to the origin of the pain and makes it so much more bearable. My brother is a physical therapist and he hooked me up to it. I don't want to give it back!!!

Gayle, like you and Shelley suggested, I am going to another doctor this week. I wore the heart monitor for 24 hours and they willl read it tomorrow. I am going to tell them to send the results to the doctor of MY choosing. I just hate being patronized like I'm a ditzy blonde who can't think for herself! I did notice yesterday while wearing it that I tended to have some fultters again after drinking a drink with caffeine in it. I'm also wondering about some of these hormonal changes and whether or not they can cause some of these symptoms. OH THE JOYS OF BEING A WOMAN!!!! Oh, and I decided to take one of the "anti-anxiety" pills they gave me at the hospital last night because I couldn't sleep. I spent most of the night trying to swat at imaginary bugs that were crawling around my room. Now that was fun. Maybe I really AM crazy! hahaha

Debbie, I'm so sorry that James is having more problems. Hopefullly they will come up with some answers for you both.

Hey to all my other Floozie friends and here's a great big group hug {{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}
I think we could all use it!

Deelite
01-31-2005, 03:22 PM
Gayle thanks for posting I really didn't want ot have another birthday not that I don't like presents but I just don't like my body getting any older. Geez I would need to many lifts and tucks....lol Thanks for loving me. I believe that it is easier to function with no clutter in the house, it makes for simplier living, therefore no clutter in your life. I think that we are all entitled to that one messy drawer and closet but it drives me crazy! I have one linin closet that I really have wanted to clean since I have gotten back from the hospital but I haven't done it yet. Hopefully before I leave but if not when I get back. Have you worked on your goal for the house this week yet? What have you accomplished?

Sherry how are you feeling? I had a really bad bladder infection this fall with blood too but in a few days after the meds kicked in I felt much better. Now girl listen to you, you feel bad about laying around all day when you are sick.......Sherry do you not think it is ok to take the day off? I know, I know there is lots to do and we are perfectionists. Let it go for a few days nobody cares but us. It is ok to put yourself first for once. Take care and drink some of that crandberry juice too.

Shelley my dear, why would you think that you are not a caring mom when you throw out something that hung around the house for a long time and was not put away. If it was of any value to Patty should have put it in her room. You can not blame yourself for this it is her fault so do not take the blame. You can have a house with worn out furnishings but it can still look nice. Tidy it up get rid of some clutter and a can of paint can give a whole new look. Gayle said "You know, if I ever was lucky enough to come see you, I would not even glance at your home and judge you, I know you as a person and I value your friendship regardless if you live in a castle or a grass hut." and I totally agree! I would be so happy to see you I don't care about your what your home looks like. And about your medical question Ramona had some great advice, I would agree with her. Go see your doctor first.

Debbie did you find out anything new about James back? How quickly can you get an MRI? Remember that I had to wait from May til September? That is why we went to the states and paid for it ourselves. I am sure once James has an MRI they will be able to see what is happenning and treat it approperately.

Ramona I believe in drinking cranberry juice too. It is really good to detoxify too! Where is that site for the fly lady routine? I think Gayle might have gotten everyone started on that. I would like to check it out. When I was doing physio for my back I had the tens machine on. I didn't like it at all, it just gave me more pain. I am glad that it is giving you some relief. I think that it is normal for everyone to have heart flutters in the day, most people are just not aware of it. Coffee is also a stimulant so it can cause a rapid heart beat. I am glad that they are checking into, I hope that nothing serious shows up. It is pretty scarey. So you are the new crazy lady on the block. That must have been pretty freaky with seeing those bugs crawling around. When I was in emerg once they gave me morphine and I had big crows swooping at me. I hate that. Hopefully they will figure out something soon. Take care and rest up.

Well for my appointment with the surgeon. I don't think he wants to see that his surgery didn't work this time again with all the mistakes he made. I should be pain free and totally healed by now. He is saying that my back must hurt from a pulled muscle. My foot it is a pulled muscle. He wanted to put me back on Naproxin which I was on in the hospital and it made my stomach so sore that I couldn't eat. Not going back on that (not that I wouldn't mind losing the weight). He also wants me off all the nacatics. Yeah, right my family doc had to increase them last week because I couldn't cope with the pain. All I did was walk around and say OH my back hurts. Not going to stop taking those pills either. The good news is most of the mobility has come back to my leg and foot. I need to work on moving my foot to the outside and walking on my heals. I can't seem to get up on the heal of my weak leg. So anyways he wants to see me when I get back from PV.

My birthday dinner that we went out to was definitly a surprise. I thought that it was going to have a tropical feel. NOT!!! It was a "Newfie" feel. Now being from the states you maynot get this. It is what we called Newfoundlander's. They are a breed of their own. The Lord of the Dance played and anyone that could dance like that kicked up their heals. We were asked trivia questions through out the night which we got all of them correct, therefore winning some prises. We had to give out Plege and then we were pronounced "Newfie Tobans" (Newfoundland-Manitobans). After we gave our pledge, shot back skreetch (dark rum), and was sprayed by off while kissing a cod we were official. I have a picture that they took that I want to get scanned and post to show you all but I don't have a scanner. I will see if I can find someone that has one so I can post it. It was a real fun night. Not at all what I expected. Great lobster too.

Well now that I told all I better get going.

Deelite
01-31-2005, 03:33 PM
State of Alert for the day.....

http://tinyurl.com/4yx2z

DebbieA
01-31-2005, 04:09 PM
Dee....
What a cute greeting!! And so true. I have to admit I'm, Severe to High at school and Guarded to Low at home...LOL.

I'm taking James for his MRI in the morning at 9.30. They even said they would have the results by tomorrow afternoon. The pain medicine helps some and he has slept a lot today. Thanks for caring everyone.
Sherry....Hope you are feeling better today!! TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF PLEASE!!

Hugs...deb

Sherry
01-31-2005, 08:45 PM
Hello :wave:

I didn't call the doctor today because I want to see if I can get well on my own first. I did get some otc pills and taking some antibotics that I had left over from something. I promise if I'm not better by Wednesday I'll call the doctor.THANKS everyone for asking about me and being concerned.

Ramona,
I'm so sorry that you've had to go through so much! What did they tell you today about your heart monitor? Let us know soon!!

Gayle,
How's your back? It must be really hurting for you not to be posting much. Take care sweetie and GET TO THE DOCTOR!!!! (I'm a good one to say that huh? :lol: )

Dee,
Your birthday sounded so nice! You sure deserve it! ;) You are so sweet. Thanks so much for all the kind words. You know what? I'm sure going to miss you while you're gone! Wish I could go and take care of you!

Shelley,
Please go for your pap! Then he'll make an appointment for your mamogram. Don't delay it! Both my GrandMother & Aunt died from breast cancer. My GrandMother lost both her breasts. Also, Don't worry about your house! Just go through the clutter and throw away what you don't need or want. My rule of thumb: If I haven't use it or needed for the last year...IT'S GONE!!!

Debbie,
How is James tonight? Let us know what he finds out about his MRI. I'm sorry he's been in so much pain. I'll say a prayer for him. :angel:

Hello to Janice, Carol,Tina,Vicki,Doni & Cheryl.....Please post soon. I hope you're all ok!! BIG HUGS! :grouphug:

Love to all..... (I mean that!)

ShelleyM
02-01-2005, 05:59 AM
I made an appointment for next Tuesday for the pap. They said I haven't been for a pap since Dec. 2002! So that means the mammogram must be about 4 or 5 years. Time sure does fly without even thinking about it.

Sherry-I hope that you are feeling better today. Have you still been going to 2 schools? That must be so hard on you, traveling that way.

Debbie-I hope James is better. Let us know. I'm praying for him.

Dee-Loved the card! Says it all in my house with all of us girls!

Not much time, running late. I wanted to gloat, though! I ran 140 miles in January!! WooHoo!! I am so proud of myself. Now on to February.........

Sherry
02-01-2005, 07:00 AM
Shelley....AWESOME!!!!!!! 140 Miles Is Great!!!! :cp: You are such an inspiration!!!! Good For You Girl!!!!! :cb:

gdeann
02-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Dee, thank you for the cute card! I hate to admit it, but our household is a constant state of guarded to high... :-}
Too bad you are stuck with the doctor you are, it sounds like he has just forgotten how he messed up the first time. Maybe this vacation will be just what you need for your health and your spirit.
I cleaned a few Kitchen cabinets and my pantry yesterday. Today I will probably try to clean out under the vanity in one restroom, if not both. We have so much clutter, every so often I like to just go in and reorganize.

Sher, I do it myself, but did you know you really shouldn't carry over antibiotics from one illness to another? Please go to the doc if your not better on Wednesday. We can't have you sick like this.

Deb, I hope you guys get good test results! I will be praying for you. Let us know as soon as you can!

Shelley, AWESOME, OUTSTANDING, WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE AMAZING! W@W!! Great job on the 140 miles! Brag anytime you want to!!!
It's been since '99 since I had a pap. I have never had a mammogram.

Ramona, did you go to the doctor????? Are you still using the TENS unit???? Steve use to wear one when he had a back injury. Are you still swatting "bugs" at your house?? LOL!

My back is still bothering me at times. I am not in pain, but it is more now like a "catch" at certain points during bending and moving. I am still reading all of the messages daily, but I have so much stuff to get done, I decided to cut back on my posting time. Still counting calories, but no loss for the past few weeks. I think it has something to do with the wine sampling! I have a catalog and I'm ready to order another ingredient batch...but, I'm not sure what kind of wine I want to make, so I've been trying different kinds from the liquor store.

Wishing all of you a wonderful day!!!

gdeann
02-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Oh, Dee, Shelley is the one with the site to flylady. I'm not that organized!!!

Deelite
02-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Ok Shelley can you share with me the site again for the fly lady? Congratulations on accomplishing far beyond your goal. You are doing great. You get bragging rights! I am glad that you are going to the doctor for a check up. I guess a house full of girls sometimes can be pretty rough. It is a pretty funny card though. I am glad that we can laugh at it.

Gayle you are doing a good cleanning job, going through your home a little bit at a time. Keep it up and all your spring cleanning will be done before spring is here. Please keep posting, I will be lonely without you. I am glad that your back is getting better. Remember watch how you bend. The weight will come off just keep counting the calories. I haven't lost any in the last week. TO BIRTHDAY CAKE!!! Well that is over with now to get back on track. You need to give yourself an early birthday present and go see your doctor. It is important to get a check up now especially that you are over forty.

Debbie did you get the results yet? I hope that they find out what the cause is of the pain. I am so surprised how fast you can get the test done. Does it cost you anything or is it covered with your insurance?

Sherry I would love that if you could come to Vallarta with me and take care of me. I bet you are the best care giver that I could ever have. After our drinks are blended we could head down to the beach, lie around and check out the cute guys. Your are the sweet one Sherry, you are always there to encourage someone. We sure do need you here. I am glad that you are our moderator. You do a great job. I agree with Gayle, when you are given antibiotics you should finish off the whole lot of pills even if you are feeling better. I hope that you see the doctor soon if you are not feeling better tomorrow. Take care.

Today I am going to my first tea time in a long time. I am going to bring my own seat so I will be good and comfy. It was so nice having the girls here last week. My girlfriend that has tea time has a husband that has recently been diagnosed with cancer. He started treatments last week. It has been pretty rough on them. Tea time is back on and I think that having some normalcy to her life will help.

Tonight we are going to the hockey game (the one I won tickets too) with another couple. Should be fun. Sure is going to be a busy day for me.

Have a good one.

ShelleyM
02-01-2005, 07:10 PM
Dee-Flylady's site is www.flylady.net. I love it! I shine my sink every night and I clean my toilet everyday. I'm sure this is something that Sherry does daily, but for me it was weekly!

ShelleyM
02-02-2005, 05:48 AM
Hey Cheryl--It worked! I finally lost 1 lb, so I just changed the weight in the signature. Thanks for the tip! BTW, you did great last month on the exercise front. I'm so proud of you.

Dee-You did great on the exercise also! For being down and out, I can't imagine getting in 50 miles. You are such a trooper!

4myloves
02-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Thanks, Shelley! I didn't meet my walking goal because I have come to dread treadmill time. This month I'm going to start using my Leslie Sansone tapes again & see if they help.

Guess what!! I may get to do some work in Cross County (where Stewart lives). They're short-handed up there and they've asked for volunteers to go up and do some loan work! I hope my boss will let me--I'll actually get to SLEEP with my husband!!

gdeann
02-02-2005, 12:14 PM
SHELLEY, YOU ROCK! WOWSERS! ANOTHER POUND GONE!

Cheryl, I can't see we they wouldn't let you go! it would be PERFECT for you guys, plus the company would not be out the expense of paying for a hotel. I hope it works out for the two of you!

Deelite
02-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Cheryl wouldn't that be great! Imagine beingab le to sleep with your husband. Something that all of us take for granted. I hope that it works out.

Shelley way to go. You are right on the target. Good job.

Gtg Larry is home for lunch.

Do I have a story to tell. I am working on it. I will post it when I am done.

ShelleyM
02-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Cheryl-Good luck! I hope you get to go!

gdeann
02-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Hi group!

I found a mag at Walmart today, it is titled "Looking Good now" and this is the premiere issue for $1.99. It is filled with exercise tips, weight control issues etc. Three peole on the front cover lost 160 pounds combined. I found my copy on a display over by the magazines. It really is a good magazine, hopefully it will stay loaded with as much info as the first issue.

Deelite
02-02-2005, 06:28 PM
A BLESSING or a CURSE? GOOD LUCK or BAD LUCK?

Who decides this? Why me? Why not me?

Yesterday I had an interesting day. What could go wrong went wrong. Maybe not, or at least it seamed to. Around 2:00 a ˝ hour before I was to leave for teatime, I was startled out of my seat by a horrifying bang! I jumped up to dial 911 emergency as I yelled, “Hello, I am here! Larry come over here.” even though he wasn’t home. (I had just read an email written by rapist telling you that they would prey on quiet people) I thought that the frond door was going to come crashing down as I yelled into the phone that I think that I am being broke into. The operator proceeded to tell me she had to put me through to the police department. Wouldn’t you know it I got a recording saying “All operator’s are busy right now…” I shouted into the speaker phone is somebody there, as my heart raced at an abnormal pace. Finally, after what seem to take forever (which was only about one minute) an officer came on the line. I told her that I thought that someone was trying to break down the door and if she would listen on the speakerphone while I went to check it out. Nothing there, not even a broken window. I couldn’t believe it. I told the officer there was no evidence of foul play, but there had been a loud thud that scared the crap out of me. She said that I sounded really scared and if I wanted somebody to come out and check. I told herno it was ok. She said to phone back if there was anything suspicious happening and to check outside to see if I could see anyone. I checked out the front windows and no one was around. I headed to the back of the house where the kid’s bedrooms are to check it out. Under Jay’s door I spotted two marble size stones, I thought that is weird so I opened his door. As I opened the door I said what the "Heck" is going on here. Who made this mess! I looked up and the ceiling had collapsed! There was plaster and water everywhere! There was rain that was pouring on Jay’s TV. Phone, stereo, movies, games etc. What a huge mess. I called Larry. As I went out for tea Larry was coming in to the rescue. Boy did I feel bad but there wasn’t really anything that I was able to do to help clean up. Sorry. Larry called Jay to come home and help him. Brave Larry decided to climb the roof to see what was happening. Jay was spotting him on the ladder when he slipped on a shingle. As he slid down the roof Jay grabbed him to stop him from sliding any more as they both started to fall off the roof and ladder. Quick thinking for Jay he grabbed the edge of the roof and hung on. Jay shouted to him No more Dad, you are not going back on the roof, that is it! I arrived home and checked in on the boys to see how everything was going. Guess what, just as I peaked my head in the door a large part of the ceiling came down on my head. I turned around so they couldn’t see me and started to cry as my back and neck went into spasms. Why me, why not one of them? The adjuster came down today to see if our insurance was going to cover it. Nope not one itty-bitty cent. Ice damming, so there is no coverage. When you think that nothing else could go wrong it can. Dez called and she fell down the stairs and broke her tailbone. She will find out next week if they have to operate.

So do you think that this is a curse or a blessing?

I think that we are very lucky, we are blessed.

We are very lucky that Jay was not in bed.
The police respond time for answering the phone was only one minute.
I am lucky that I wasn’t embarrassed by the police coming out to see that only the ceiling fell down.I didn't actually crap myself.....lol
I didn’t have heart attack just tackicardia.
Larry rescued me so I could go to teatime.
Jay saved his Dad.
I saved the day by taken the hit on the head. OUCH!!
We are lucky to have a home with electronics too!
Dez is young she will heal.

So are we lucky????

Putting things in a possitive perspective helps us count our blessings.

DebbieA
02-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Dee...What a scare for you! But I agree, glad no one was hurt seriously. Poor Dez!! Please keep us posted on her. I know you are ready for your vacation!! Hugs!!

Gayle...That magazine sounds interesting. I'm going to look for it. How is your back.

Shelley....WTG!! On getting your weight back down.

Cheryl... We will keep our fingers crossed that you get to go work where your hubby is!! :crossed:

Sherry... How are you feeling? Did the over the counter meds help?

Ramona...How are you feeling? I hope today was a better day for you.

We got the results from James' MRI and they found a lots of inflamation but nothing out of place. The doctors are going to treat it with corizone shots and Physical Therapy. He started on the steriods yesterday and already feels some better. Thanks again for caring everyone!!

Going to try to get back on plan tomorrow, seems I've been doing a lot of stress eating the last few days. :(

Love you guys....deb

Sherry
02-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Dee...Oh my gosh! Thank God you, your hubby & Son are all ok!!! I think God was with you today AND you DO have angels :angel: watching over you!!! I can't imagine how frighten you were!! Just think, it could have been much worse! Material things can be fixed....Just glad ya'll didn't seriously hurt! And you're right...Dez is young and can AND will get better. Bless her heart! Take care!

Cheryl.... I hope so much that you'll be able to be with your hubby!! You really deserve that!!! I'll say a prayer!

Debbie...James is still in my prayers! Was he any better today? Hope he makes a full recovery!

Gayle....I'm going to buy that magazine tomorrow! Thanks!!!! Today when I bought Womans World there's an article about walking away pounds. Will read it and give you an update! BTW: Is Allison completely well now?

Hello to all.....Jump right on in and post with us!!! :)

ShelleyM
02-03-2005, 05:59 AM
Sherry-I didn't get the picture, and all the posts are not fitting into the screeen. What's up with that? Does anybody else have this problem? I had to scroll sideways to read everyone's post.

Dee-I'm not sure that I can call that a blessing. But at least you are looking on the positive side. Sorry about everything!

4myloves
02-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Shelley--the picture is bigger than the screen. I think that's why this thread is off the way it is. It's doing the same thing to me.

It's a good picture, though. Dee, you're lovely. Why would Larry want to kiss a smelly old fish when you're right there? I couldn't read all of your post because of the way the screen is. Sorry.

Thank you for all of your wishes that I'll get to go home and spend some time w/Stewart. I sent in my volunteer request yesterday. I don't know when I'll hear back from the Big People.

Cheryl

Sherry
02-03-2005, 01:22 PM
Dee...The picture was way too big.Scan it again and make it smaller then resend it and I'll post it again.

Only worked 1/2 day. Wayne goes to his heart doctor for his check-up.

I'll check in later!! :wave:

coles
02-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Hello Everyone,
I have just been looking at all your pictures, it is nice to see the people that talk together here. I have a digital camera but I'm not that good at it yet. The scale has been stuck for the past week, I am having a hard time staying motivated. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. I try to cook different ww recipes every night. Doug likes some of them but not all. He is always saying, do I look like I need to be on a diet with you? I got new for you buddy! Don't want to hurt his feelings though. I read the posts everyday, just haven't had much to post myself.
Janice

ShelleyM
02-03-2005, 05:27 PM
Janice-You are doing great! Just take it one meal at a time if you have to. I am so glad that you joined our group. If DH doesn't like the way you cook, tell him to cook his own! Of course, I'm one to talk. My hubby does all the cooking, and he knows that I won't eat anything that is not on my WOE!

Deelite
02-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Sherry sorry about screwing up everything here. I have no idea how to do these things. Larry made it smaller. I hope that it works now. Jay scanned it at work. How did Wayne make out today? I hope things went well.

Debbie I am glad that James doesn't have anything seriously wrong with his back. It is good to know that he is already starting to feel a bit better.

Janice I agree with Shelley, some days you just have to take it one meal at a time. Ask yourself why did I want to lose weight in the first place. And keep reminding yourself of it. Maybe for meals you could make one dish that isn't lite and let Doug it eat. It might make him happier.

Cheryl thank you for the compliment. Don't you just love the fishing garb?

Shelley yeah I have to stay positive. I just have to many things that aren't going my way right now. Things can be worse. I am ready for the holiday. It is a good thing that this didn't happen while we were away. By the way the same day all this happenned my step father in law's new Cadillac was stolen. He didn't even have it 24 hours......lol **** happens.

Gayle how are you doing? I know that you are busy but don't you love me enough to post??????

gdeann
02-04-2005, 12:22 AM
heres some humor for you!!!

A blonde is terribly overweight, so her doctor puts her on a diet. "I want you to eat regularly for two days, then skip a day, and repeat this procedure for two weeks. The next time I see you, you'll have lost at least five pounds."
When the blonde returns, she's lost nearly 20 pounds. "Why, that's amazing!" the doctor says. "Did you follow my instructions?"
The blonde nods. "I'll tell you, though, I thought I was going to drop dead that third day."
"From hunger, you mean?" asked the doctor.
"No, from skipping."

Dee, so happy to know you guys are ok. Material things can be replaced but a life can't be. Jay was a very fortunate young man to not be in his room at the time. Isn't it funny how a day can just turn into a "sucky" day and stay that way??? How is dez's butt? Tell her I'm sending her well wishes. Okay, I WANT to see this picture of the cod smooch'n couple!!!! Hopefully, it can be posted soon.

Janice, I hear ya sister! Steve wants to lose weight too, but tends to not like most dieting or healthy foods. I prepare a meal, measure etc. to have him pick at it and then later in the evening, catch him at the pantry with a bulging mouth and crumbs hanging on his chin. LOL! Sure is rough on my will power. Just continue to post here, hopefully we can all help each other out.

Sher, what did Wayne find out? How are you feeling? Did you get the cranberry juice?

Shelley, would you like to ship Mike up here? I would love to have someone here to cook!

Deb, glad to hear that James back problm is from an inflamation. THANK GOODNESS! I bet it was a relief for the two of you!

Ramona, did you find out where Ben had to go??

Another closet and two vanity cabinets finished! YIPPEE! I'm tossing stuff we haven't used in a year or so. I am SICK of the clutter!
Have you girls watched "How clean is your house"?? I think it comes on Monday night. You would not believe the filth some of these people live in. A word of warning, don't be eating a snack when it airs. GROSS!

gdeann
02-04-2005, 12:26 AM
:dance: Inside me there's a thin person struggling to get out,
but I can usually sedate her with four or five cupcakes. :dance:

Sherry
02-04-2005, 01:12 AM
STOP!!

Please Go To #26..........A New Thread Has Been Started!!!! :cb: