South Beach Diet - Thursday Chick Chat 01/27

View Full Version : Thursday Chick Chat 01/27

Mamacita
01-27-2005, 07:16 AM
Good morning, Chickadees~~ :coffee:

I was locked out of the coop yesterday. :( Since I have to leave here at 7:15 ET, I wasn't able to post.

Had some fun and games here, though, courtesy of Buffy-the-Rodent-Slayer.

I was dressed in my gym togs getting ready to hit the door when she brought in a vole and dropped in in the living room. It emitted a shriek...well a tiny little vole shriek, and promptly ran between my feet!!! :eek: Causing ME and DD to shriek. Following which was something akin to Lucy and Ethel trying to catch a mouse. We tried to chase it down and trap it in a glass..."Not one of my good glasses!! Get a paper cup!!" Attempt to transfer rodent to cup, see rodent leap skyward and swandive to dining room floor and skitter under potted plant. See dogs pushing and shoving to see what the excitement is all about. See Buffy sulking at us spoiling her fun. Finally after about five minutes of mayhem, vole is safely deposited under the back deck.

Other than that, nothing exciting going on around here....

Mamacita

a broad abroad
01-27-2005, 07:41 AM
Hello chickadees, just checking in.

Thats pretty funny mamacita. I need something to giggle about since I'm "Phase 1 Phrustrated!!" Days 2-5 were pleasant, scalewise, but days 6-9 the scale hasn't even budged. AACCKK, AARRHH, OOm+M===ph, dagnabit.

Mamacita
01-27-2005, 08:10 AM
Good morning, Abroad, Keep hanging in there...I've heard the last 10 are the most stubborn b/c they've been hanging around the longest. Makes sense...those pounds have gotten comfy sitting there...they don't want to leave! :lol:

But you've done great! Congrats on your success so far. 30 pounds!! Amazing!!

Mamacita

Bamiegurl
01-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Mama... Glad your back I missed you yesterday! I would have come unglued if that happened to me. Catchin it would have been about the last thing I would have tried! lol Glad all is well!

Abroad... Hang in there chickie. Maybe it is shifting right now and then it will drop like a ton of bricks! lol My 4th day on phase 1 and I have only dropped one pound. But I am not stressing! (YET!) lol

To the rest get up! lol I'll check back later DH is still here!

Nalaminu
01-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Mama- Good to hear from you! That story was so funny! I could just picture you and hear the commotion!

Abroad - Hang in there! You can do it! You have done so well! :cheer:

Bamie - Glad to hear from you this morning too!

Me- I lost another pound! I was beginning to wonder if I would, lol. Not really, but I didn't like the stall much! I am feeling much better this morning. Thank you for all the well wishes!

I am taking our 3 finalists and an alternate to the all district spelling bee today. I hope one of our kids wins!! I suppose I should take a book or something, as it could be a long morning. I have been wimping out on Jazzercise in the mornings lately, so I decided to switch to evenings. My father in law's fiancee is going to go with me. It will be better to have someone else to meet there. That should motivate me to move my hiney!

I hope everyone has a fabulous day! :)

Nally

cottagebythesea
01-27-2005, 08:50 AM
It's sure nice to wake up to a good chuckle this morning, thanks Mamacita. You're a lot braver than me, thought, I think I would have died!

Abroadabroad, try not to be discouraged about stalling. It's happened to me sooooo many times. You'll start losing again, once your body makes it's neccessary adjustments. Take care, and hang in there!

Bamie, Today is my 4th day on Phase 1, too, and I've lost 4lbs already! You'll most likely see your loss within the next few days, and I'll probably start slowing down!

I feel much better this morning, so hopefully this bug is on it's way out. The little ones have been wanting me to go sledding with them, so today I feel up to it, although it's only 8* out right now. Supposed to warm up to 18* later, so I guess that won't be too bad. Our watermain break is finally fixed, and a guy even came in with a bulldozer to scrape up all the ice off the road, so things are back to normal. The only bad part was that they turned off everyone's water without telling us first, so we were without water most of the day, but at least it's finally fixed. On the menu today is going to be scrambled eggs w/salsa for breakfast, leftover Chicken Alfredo for lunch, and Grilled Salmon with sauteed spinach for supper. I'm going to go and try to get some laundry done before the baby gets dropped off.

Godd Morning and Happy Thursday to all those who are probably posting the same time I am, and are joining us later!

ellis
01-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Mamacita, too funny! :lol3: Voles are so cute.

A broad, it'll come off... Mama is so right. :yes: Hang in there, girl!! :grouphug:

Bamie, how's your Mom, hon?
Hey, the weight will come off... keep on slogging away at it.

Nally, congratulations on the pound! :hat: And good luck with the spelling bee today!

MercyNo, you made such a good point yesterday about being "invisible" when we're fat. But maybe we become better people because we have been there and know what the other side looks like and are more able to see everyone around us, something that maybe someone who never fought with their weight cant see? :yes: Certainly I've learned to like myself despite my weight. Maybe being overweight has made us more introspective. When I'm fat, I'm "not just a pretty face", and I've had to work on other areas to be noticed. So that people don't look at me and think, "She's just a fat woman."
I'm more outspoken, and I know I've worked on other areas of my self that I might not have bothered with if I'd remained slim.
Now if I could just work on getting slim again, I'd be pretty much perfect. :rofl:

A busy day ahead... a trip to our accountant, then to our DD's new psychiatrist, hockey, exams for DD...
I'm looking forward to tomorrow... breakfast out with a friend, and NOTHING ELSE on the agenda!
Hope everyone has a good, OP day!! :wave:

ellis
01-27-2005, 08:55 AM
Cottage, I'm glad you're starting to feel better! :grouphug: Have fun with the kids. :)

Bamiegurl
01-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Ok finally he is gone! He sure hung around a long time this morning. He's stressed right now so I am sure that is why. Today I am goin to move all the stuff out of one pantry into the other and tear the one out!!!!!!!!!! DH and I decided to do that before we lay the new floor. The one I am tearin out ain't as big as a minute so it is no big deal. I will be glad to have the stuff in the other one because right now I am just puttin junk in there that I hardly use. So it will give me a good reason to get rid of it. I am helpin my MIL take stuff to her churches childrens home in Feb and they have a thrift store that helps fund it so I will donate everything to them. So it looks like I have a busy day now! lol I love to tear stuff out!

Ellis.. Mom is ok.(I guess) I will feel much better when I have her here with me because she lives alone.

Nally... Have a good time with the kidos. I hope y'all win!

Cottage ... Be careful out in the weather you don't want to restart it. Congrats on your loss so far. I have never had a big loss in phase 1 so no sweat as long as it is movin in the right direction! lol

Well I am off to get started. I will be back later. Have a great day all!

Ruthxxx
01-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Whew! I'll never keep up with you young chickies and the clucking!

Mamacita, the vole story is too funny! My old cat Marigold caught a vole one time and it stood her off. Those little buggers have sharp teeth!

A Broad, Mamacita is right. Those last pounds have been there a long time. I think of them as trees with very deep tap roots. I have 50 year old pines on my hips! They will disappear eventually.

Bamie, you be sure to get back in here as soon as you ditch your DH for the day. We'd miss you if you didn't pop in so often. (I see you are back and tearing things up. Please leave the inside of this coop alone, y'all hear?)

Nally, wishing luck to your finalists at the "spelling bee" today. That phrase brings back memories because I used to be a super speller. Notice I said [u]used[/b] to be!

Cottage, I am glad you are feeling somewhat better today. I'm glad the ice situation is resolved but doing without water for a day is the pits! Have fun with the kidlets!

Ellis, my darling girl, you are so together! I can understand why you like yourself - and I am NOT kidding! Don't let the bean counter snow you! Hugs to DD from me and wish her luck on those damned exams.

Me? I'm sleeping in a bit longer these days for some reason - clean living and a clear conscience? The Girls were hollering when I got up to let me know that one of them - no eye contact - had pooped on the kitchen floor! Bad way to start the day! I guess dogs shouldn't eat the remains of a Caesar Salad.

But then the good news! I got to change my ticker this morning and am back in ONEderland again. Would someone please nail that door shut so I can't go back! There is a slight chance that I may make my January goal now. I have stopped having wine with dinner so it's either that or the small treadmill sessions that are doing the trick. Whater it is, I'll take it.

I have to get the garbage out to the road and then go down for the paper. Jane is supposed to come at 11 and I will go to town for a haircut and some bits of shopping. I need ankle weights and an exercise mat - yes, me! I have not done formal exercise in 66 years! I have two community meetings this evening and think I may skip both of them unless my conscience really bugs me - Fair Board and Community in Blooms. The last one is the more important so I'll have to think on it.

Havea great Thursday - it's a gift!

little chick
01-27-2005, 09:28 AM
Morning chicks it is a balmy -36 with the windchill this morning I drove the kids to school for fear they would be frozen solid if they had to wait at the bus stop. I still have youngest dd home she is feeling slightly better today but still has a bit of a fever. Then I have one of the wee ones not feeling good. He should have been at the Dr's days ago but there is only so many hints you can give a parent other than taking him myself. grr. I went to bed last night at 9:00 with a stuffy head and a cough. Still feeling crappy this morning. Then to top it all off I got a phone call saying that my dear neighbour passed away last night. Poor thing she had been in the hospital for months got home for a few days and then went back in. She will be sadly missed by my dd's and us.

Mama- the vole thing was way too funny. Thanks I needed a laugh. :lol: I would have probably ran out of the house screaming.

abroad-I know the feeling when the scale stalls. Keep up the good work it will move again soon.

Bamiegurl-morning chick good luck with the renos and a stressed hubby.

Nalaminuhave fun at the spelling bee. I hope yours wins.

cottagebythesea- glad the watermain is fixed, nothing worse than not having water. Have fun sledding that should burn a few calories. Your menu for the day sounds great. Want to set an extra place at the table for me. :D

Ellis- You make me chuckle. I myself have the same problem of being perfect. It is a hard burden to carry. ;) If I ever get to Ontario I really would like to meet you. We hopefully will get there someday. As DH has an Uncle that lives in Barry. Although I am not sure how far that is from you? Maybe we will get there this summer.

Well I must go and try to accomplish something today but I can feel that it might be a day of doing nothing. Well I am off to make a tea, and have a pee I will return. ( I just decided I am not doing nothing today.)

little chick
01-27-2005, 09:29 AM
Morning Ruth we posted at the same time. Congrats on ONDERLAND.

RNMOM
01-27-2005, 09:51 AM
Oh, Mama, I wish I had a video camera.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Remind me not to ever read a post from you before I've had a chance to ....you know.....visit the restroom.........................................I nearly ya know...................... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tazcat
01-27-2005, 10:39 AM
I love you chicks,
First what is a vole??? Is it like a mole??? I love those little creatures, we had a mouse once, we caught it in a live cage and let it go, it never came back. :?:

You are all doing so great with the weight loss that I can't wait to start, well I can ;) as I am going to the Legon with SIL this Friday night , DB is playing , so I might have a beer or two. :cool:

I have a lot to do again today, bring in wood, (Ruth, I kind of enjoy this, how are you after your fall) see a lawyer, maybe start back on tanning sessions, and grocery shop again.

Well have a SOPD,
Love Tazcat
Humble hearts have
humble desires.
George Herbert

beachgal
01-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Morning, Chickies!

I know there will be a gazillion messages before I shoot this one off, so :wave: to those chickies! :D

Mama, what a crazy morning! :lol: Thanks for giving me a laugh! :D SO glad you saved the vole!!! What do they look like? Funny that the vole knew she (he?) was safe with you! ;)

A broad, I'm with you on that frustration...I have been there for months!!! This morning the scale got back down to 221.5... <sigh> Let's both remember Jen's sign: "It's better to maintain than gain" :D

Bamie, "DH is still here"...what did you have to go do with him? ;) Why is he stressed out? Hope he feels better soon! :goodvibes: I'm a wreck when my DH is stressed...it throws off the whole day! Enjoy tearing out...love your aphorisms: "ain't much bigger than a minute" :lol: You are wonderful! :D

Nally, spelling bees! :D We had one in my grad class on Tuesday night and I missed both of my words! :rolleyes: :lol: Hope it's fun and you get some good reading in! Great decision about Jazzercise...you need to make exercise something you'll actually do, and having a buddy helps a lot! :D

Cottage, so glad the water main is fixed and you are feeling better! Congrats on the 4 pounds and enjoy the sledding! :D

Ellis, I LOVE those days with nothing on the agenda! :love: My coworker always asks me what I have planned for the weekend and is a bit dissapointed when I say, "nothing!" :lol: Hope today passes quickly so you can get to Super Fun Friday! :D Like what you were saying about being invisible. That's definitely true. I think you are fantastic, of course! :grouphug: Your personality shine across the computer lines! I find that overweight people are surprised when I make eye contact and smile at them. It's really a shame, you know? We know that fat doesn't make the person, but not everyone else does.

Ruth, CONGRATS on being back in ONEderland to stay!!! :hat: :cheer: :cp: :jig: :cb: That is GREAT news!!! (I'm writing in caps like my grandmother-in-law! :lol: ) This cracked me up:
I guess dogs shouldn't eat the remains of a Caesar Salad.
:lol3: No, I guess not. ;) I'm glad you're sleeping in and doing exercise and taking care of you!!! You are an amazing woman, Ruth, and you deserve to be treated like it!!! :grouphug:

LC, have a wonderful day doing nothing! My favorite kind of day! Do you find that you and your kiddos get sick more often because of the day-care kids? What a pain that their parents don't take them to the doctor! Oy! :rolleyes:

RNMom! :lol3: You are making me laugh! Have a great day, girl!

Me:
Well, the scale went down, and my world hasn't changed much since I decided that I need to teach, so I'm feeling a bit better emotionally. I'll get into those feelings with my therapist tomorrow...we'll see how that goes. :?:

Yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought, but I'm having cravings today. :( I was really hoping that they'd go away for good with Phase 1. I might need more time, but they might also be mental cravings...those are harder to get rid of. I realize that I still have a lot more work to do to change my bad habits. I've always used food to cope, and I'm not sure what I should do in its place! Exercise would be good, but I don't have any machines at home, and a walk in our negative temps is not a good idea. Maybe I should be journaling more? The problem for me is that eating can be done in conjunction with cooking, reading, homework, watching tv...and journaling and other healthy habits, can't. <sigh> I need to figure this out...would love tips from those of you who have developed better coping skills! :^:

A friend is coming over tonight to work on a project for class. We're having stuffed chicken and steamed broccoli with lemon. Hope it turns out well for her sake, but I know I'll love it!

Have a great day, chickies!

Bamiegurl
01-27-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm drivin by... (waves to the crowd)! teehee

Laurie...I don't let his stress bother me anymore because if I did I would be a crazy (ier) person by now. It's mainly work related and I don't bother cruisin that street. If he wants to vent then he does other wise I don't ask. (lesson I have learned!)

Well all the food is transfered. I should have done that a long time ago! I have room for more food now! lol I have a table full of stuff for the thrift store. I would box them up but my wonderful DH threw all my boxes away that I was savin in the garage. (ugh!)

Ruth... I was hoping to just do a lil redo in the coop! Nuttin real major... maybe a splash of paint or summin! lol Well I'm off to the garage to get the hammer and crow bar!!!!!! Tools! I love 'em!

Barb0522
01-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Mama - That is hilarious! I'm assuming a vole is a type of rodent?

Ruth - Congratulations on Onederland!

Me - I barely got out of work in time for my exercise class last night and the one tonight starts a half hour earlier. I'll just have to do my best. Lots going on at work now and I never know when I will end up staying late. I've almost reached my exercise goal for the month so I feel good about it. Better get back to work.

beachgal
01-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Tazcat, we posted at the same time! So great that you caught the mouse with a live trap. I hate it when people kill animals. :( Those little mice are so cute! :mouse:

little chick
01-27-2005, 11:40 AM
In again for a bit.
Taz- We usually go to Halifax every year for a dance competition. This year we are not. To bad we could have met. Hope you have fun when you go out. Enjoy your beer or two.
Beach- no my girls don't get sick to often thank goodness. I guess they have built up an immune to all this sickies. I have been doing this for 12 years. Normally I don't get their sickness either. All four of us have something. DH and I have the stuffy heads and oldest dd had the sinus thing but is getting over it and now is getting a cold sore. I will be glad when cold season is over. What are you going to be teaching?? That was something I always wanted to do. But marriage and kids got in the way of going back to school.

Well I am off to get dressed. Just got out of the shower and washed the mask off my face.

HunnyBee
01-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Good Morning!
Back to Phase I!! Of course, I have never liked going back to a diet.. until now... anyway, I think I will be happier this time around and more seasoned. :p

I will try to post that Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe sometime on Friday. I get home so late I haven't had a chance to get on and post it.. it's super yummy... :chef:

Congrats to Ruth! An inspiration for sure! :bravo:

Hope everyone that's sick will feel better soon! Im off to do some work. ecch! I a put a whole chicken the crockpot with garlic onion onion cauliflower water... hmmm we'll see how it tastes... :smug:

ellis
01-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Tazcat, we posted at the same time! So great that you caught the mouse with a live trap. I hate it when people kill animals. :( Those little mice are so cute! :mouse:
That was a rap on the knuckles for me for killing 30 mice recently. :lol:
Sorry about that, Laurie... we were a little overrun... :(

geekchic
01-27-2005, 12:40 PM
Good morning! Day 5 of Phase 1! I am so proud of myself -- I have not cheated or screwed up one time!!! :bravo:

The scale continues to stay stuck at about 3 pounds down from when I started. I am not sure I will lose tons because I was already doing WW before (though I was cheating like crazy). I think my body was still in 'diet' mode so I can't shock it into losing 10 pounds in a week probably.

Feeling a little hungry because I didn't have my morning snack, but I am going to Subway with my friend from work (we go once a week) and I am going to have a salad for the first time ever at Subway. I am such a bread whore. Correction, I WAS such a bread whore.

Ruth, that is so great that you are back in Onederland. I remember how happy I was when I got there. I literally cried. What good news for your health, your knees, your ankles. :cb:

I am enjoying getting to know you all. Still having trouble remembering 'names' so I won't post more specific things, but I hope you are all having a good day.

HunnyBee
01-27-2005, 01:10 PM
:rofl: bread whore!!! :rofl:

I don't care who you are that's funny....

thobbs
01-27-2005, 01:19 PM
I am mostly a lurker but am going to try to post more often. Starting phase 1 again today and this time I am going to stay on it. Everyone here is such an inspiration. I am going to do this!!!!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar070/slider-scale/lb/170/150/170/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

anchor weight
01-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Hi everybody!

Just a drive by for me again today. My scrappin buddies and I put together the bidding boards for the auction on Monday. 150 of them! We were busy.

I've been so busy I forgot to weigh in yesterday and today! I figured that is ok since we all have to post for the end of the month. If I miss the Feb goal sheet for some reason will someone please put me in for 10 pounds? :lol: I'll make it there someday!

Stay OP!

tazcat
01-27-2005, 01:35 PM
quick message...cold sores....when you think you feel one starting...the sooner the better....put ice on it. Ice will kill the virus.
taz

kissyjoy
01-27-2005, 01:43 PM
Good Morning Chickies!

I missed posting yesterday because I got so swamped plus I was still trying to mend some broken fences with friends. I'm happy to say that it's all worked out and I have my friends back again. Ayyy....people can be so over-sensitive sometimes. I have a feeling that I'm starting to lose weight again. After 2 weeks and 1 pound, I was really getting frustrated. My pants seemed to fit a little better today so I guess we'll see what happens on Monday. I just have to get through another weekend. Those really are killers sometimes since I hate cooking on the weekends. DH always wants to get pizza or McD's or something else that is totally sinful :devil: but he also knows that I'm sick and tired of trying to get this weight off.

Tonight I have a dinner meeting and am planning on having some fajitas. They serve them with black beans at this particular restaurant so I know I will be OP. I don't eat tortillas with them. The chicken, shrimp and peppers are plenty for me. I do have to say that I've been pretty tempted to have their cheeseburgers because they always look so darn good. I promise I'll stick with the fajitas or something else OP though.

That's about it from here. We're in the 60's today with a chance of scattered showers.

One thing I did want to say was:

Congrats to Ruth on getting back to ONEderland!!!

How about you pay each of us $20 if you get back over that 200 mark? That might keep you OP! :lol:

Everyone else, have a great day! :)

Bamiegurl
01-27-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm crawlin' by this time.... ugh! I think I need a nap! :lol:

Ruth... Everytime I have meant to say....Congratulations on Onederland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now with that said I'm gonna get back to my crawl! :lol:

geekchic
01-27-2005, 02:24 PM
I am finishing my wonderful Subway salad (I got the chicken bacon ranch one, have not had any bacon or really anything fattening since I've been OP so I splurged a little -- it is the precooked bacon so it's not too fatty). Had about 1/3 of it at the restaurant and I was full. Now an hour later I wanted a little more so I'm having it. The salads are GOOD! Beware that they put carrots on it unless you tell them not to. :yikes: I had to pick them off -- probably looked like a neanderthal. At least I had them put the dressing on the side so it wasn't messy.

gish
01-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Ruth: Congratulations on Onederland!!! It's so thrilling when you reach a new range of numbers on the scale...

:bravo: :dance: :hat:

Bunnababy
01-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Good morning (well early afternoon here) :coffee:

Kissyjoy, enjoy those fajitas and don't even look at that :burger:

Congratulations Ruth on Onderland :bravo: and consider that door nailed shut.

Laurie, I have the same problem with using food to cope and I am working on that with my therapist but I didn't realize that I was so dependent on that coping skill. I too have to find something to replace it with and according to Dr. Phil until we do we won't be able to break the habit of eating to cope. :?:

Mama, thanks for the morning giggle. :lol3: Okay so more than a giggle.

ABroad: You have done so well I have no doubt the other 10 lbs will disappear. :goodscale

Nalaminu: Good luck witht he spelling bee today and congratulations on that scale moving downward for ya! :cheer:

Cottage: Glad you are feeling a little better and :bravo: on that four lbs gone.

Ellis: You are so right about working on other areas where we maybe would not have if we had stayed thin in the first place. I want to quit on the other areas now and work on the weight too. Thanks for Mercyno's quote. ;)

Bamie: Have fun, so glad your mom is doing better and I am sure you are right you will feel better when she is with you. :balloons:

Little Chick: So sorry about your neighbor. You get well quck would ya. :goodvibes :crossed:

Taz: Enjoy your night out. :dancer: Life is too short not to have any fun and worry about every little thing that goes in our mouth. Once in a while doesn't hurt, it is the everyday stuff that hurts us.

Hunnybee: My dh loves stuffed green peppers, so will be watching for your recipe. :hungry:

Geekchik: I like the Subway salads especially their spinach and chicken. :eating2:

Thobbs: Good for you starting over and good luck. You go girl. :cp:

Anchor: Wow 150, busy busy busy. No way can you eat either with your hands that busy. :cbg:

As for me, not much going on except that I am eating anything and everything that I can get my hands on. Not sure why but I have a lot of stress going on right now so probably that. As I mentioned in the post to Laurie craming food in is my coping skill.

Everybody have a great day on the beach today.

ellis
01-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Ruth, I am SO happy for you!! :dance: Keep it up, sweetie!! :hat:
Kissy... I like your idea of Ruth paying us if she gains it back. :lol3:

Little Chick, I would so love to see you. :) We're actually thinking of going to Newfoundland this summer... maybe we can screech by and see you on the way. St.John, NB is one of our favourite places...

Laurie, I hope your dinner turns out well tonight... it sounds yummy!

Bunna, let's hope we can break this eating thing soon... :grouphug:
Let me know if your therapist finds a good substitute for food... my psychiatrist isn't interested in my obsession with food. :rolleyes: I guess he figures I have worse things to work through. :lol3:

DH and I had a session today with DD's new psychiatrist. She's a bit full of herself. And she tried to minimize some stuff that we thought was very important.
If she's reading this, (and frankly, she could stand to lose a few) then, "LISTEN UP, LADY!!"

And... I had an appointment with an accountant today. Wow... 120 bucks a year for him to do all of our financial stuff, our income tax, and develop a "plan" for retirement, education, etc. What a freakin' BARGAIN!! I'm so excited that I don't have to do our ruddy income tax this year!! :D

Taz... that's so interesting about the ice on cold sores... I've never had one (knock on wood), but if I ever do, I think I'll just go outside and bury my entire head in a snow bank. :lol:
I hope you've got lots of wood, and are staying warm, hon. :grouphug:

Damn, it's cold.

HistoryChick
01-27-2005, 05:42 PM
Hello Ladies!

Not much is going on...just a quick hello....I think my second time around on phase one is going alright......I lost some of the weight I had gained back...which is good...Now if only I could lose a couple more and I'll be back at my tracker......you ladies are doing such a wonderful job...Congrats Ruth on reaching ONEderland!!!

beachgal
01-27-2005, 06:16 PM
That was a rap on the knuckles for me for killing 30 mice recently. :lol:
Sorry about that, Laurie... we were a little overrun... :(

It's all about the live trap, girlie. ;) But 30??? EEEK! If you had a border collie or a corgi, they might have been able to herd them out the door....maybe. :chin: :lol3:

Ellis, how did you end up with 30???? I know they breed quickly, but really! :lol:

Bunnababy
01-27-2005, 06:20 PM
She was trying to be nice and not kill them and look what happened. :fr:

beachgal
01-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Taz... that's so interesting about the ice on cold sores... I've never had one (knock on wood), but if I ever do, I think I'll just go outside and bury my entire head in a snow bank. :lol:
I hope you've got lots of wood, and are staying warm, hon. :grouphug:

Damn, it's cold.

Ellis, you have obviously never had a cold sore because you live in the GREAT WHITE NORTH where it is colder than an ice cube. Thus, just the effect of air on your lips keeps any virus from even thinking about thriving. :lol3:

beachgal
01-27-2005, 06:29 PM

:lol3:

Bunna, you crack me up. I'm not saying you should feed them and make little outfits for them like Cinderella, but it doesn't hurt to catch them in a live trap and release them far away.

My friend Laura had two pet rats. She thought they were the same sex. (you've heard this story before...) She didn't know that you could fix rats, and before you knew it, she had an entire cage full of what looked like 5 gazillion rats. They had babies every time they breathed!!! :faint: There is no doubt about the reproductive abilities of prey animals!

Has anyone read Prodigal Summer?

Bamiegurl
01-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Ok the pantry is gone and so I am! I am wore out! OMG my poor lil hands..... along with everything else. No bike for me tonight I have had my workout! All that is left is the top boards on the ceiling and I am just way toooo short to get them. I have to leave summin for DH to do! lol Ok I'm goin to sit on the couch prop my feet up and drink my water! lol

little chick
01-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Just popping in to say good night. Took 2 cold tablets, hopfully I can get this typed before I fall asleep at the computer desk.
Ellis I would love you to stop by, you are welcome anytime. I have never been to NLFD. Imagine that maybe I will jump in your car and go with you.
Beach- mice are not all that cute and if I had as many as Ellis I would have done the same thing. I shiver at the thought. Thank god I have a cat. I also have a border collie. Maybe I could rent him to Ellis and make a little cash for the NLFD trip. :lol:
Taz- Thanks for the ice tip. I will let my dd know that she needs to bury her head in the snow to get rid of it. Especially when she is being a bit lippy. :D

Well I must get going my fingers are not typing very well and my eyes are getting heavy. Good night chicks.

geekchic
01-27-2005, 10:07 PM
Got my hair cut today, so of course I had to color it (it's short -- the shortest part gets all the color cut out of it every time). I have medium-brown hair (used to be strawberry blonde :( ) and color to a medium auburn. Much more interesting.

Then had my ricotta creme and coffee. Now I am off to read some more of "The Last Juror" (love legal thrillers) and bed soon.

Wondering if I am eating too much and I did not get in nearly enough veggies today IMHO. I will post my menu for the past few days on another thread. I would appreciate any feedback.

ellis
01-27-2005, 10:19 PM
That's exactly it, Laurie!! Bunna is so right! :lol:
Didn't you "hear me say" that when DH and I saw the first mouse in the house last autumn, we looked at each other and said, "Awwwwww. Isn't that cute!?"
And did NOTHING about it!
I promise you... I'll try a live trap next year.
Oh! That reminds me! DH did let one of them go! He was in the basement, and there was one right beside him. (shudder) He threw a towel over it, and walked around the block and let him go. :lol3: SEE!? We're not ALL bad!! :rofl:
(poor little thing must have frozen to death. Next time we'll mail 'em to you, Laurie)

Little Chick, we'll put you on the roof racks. :lol3:

Geekchic, we would LOVE to criticize your eating habits! :yes: It's what we do best. :rofl:

Bamie, you must be floatin' like an ocean liner, hon. :lol:

Jess... you're doing great, girl! :hat:

I am going to BED! Goodnight, all! :wave:

HistoryChick
01-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Hey guys just a quick pop in before I get ready for bed......**sigh** I was doing so well on phase 1 again........until tonight....ugh...I was bad and had a slice of pizza...I'm mad at myself for this...anyways I will get right on track tomorrow morning!! That's a promise!! Ellis I could not even imgaine having that many mice.....I have to admit....we use the regular mouse traps here...Mice and rats freak me out....I always think of the bubonic plague aka the black death whenever there's a mouse in the house....I'm scared the fleas on them will carry it or something....call me strange...I remember learning about that in my history courses at CNU lol eek....anyways I hope you ladies have a good night and sweet dreams everyone!