100 lb. Club - Weekly Move Your Kaboose 1/24 - 1/30

SwimGirl
01-25-2005, 01:15 PM
I noticed this hadn't been started and thought I would! Hope ya'll don't mind!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
01-25-2005, 01:16 PM
Oops, the reason I started was for Monday I hiked for 40 minutes (and had a run in with a dog, which wasn't the scary part, it was the man chasing after it, scared the crap out of me!).

Gypsydancer
01-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Uh, oh, why was the man scary? Be careful!

I'm glad you started this thread! Yesterday I did step aerobics and walked up 11 1/2 flights of stairs.

Ivanna B. Skinny
01-25-2005, 04:12 PM
I havn't been able to do much b/c of my knee, but today is so nice here compared to how its been ( its about 45-50 degrees, and very sunny) I decided to take Abby for a walk in the stroller. We walked for about 45 mins and had a great time! I feel alot better after soaking up the sunshine and fresh air! I think I might start going to the tanning bed, just for the lights!

Tammy32
01-25-2005, 04:50 PM
Monday

Elliptical: 2 miles 15min 55sec (7.78 min average per mile) Cardio

Bike: 15 miles 55min 30sec (average 3.69 min average per mile) Higher than fat burn but lower than cardio

Aimee, do explain about the strange man.

frenchiepolarbear
01-25-2005, 04:59 PM
2 hours walk saturday night

2 hours cross-country ski Sunday

40 minutes swimming tonight.

About swimming, i red somewhere that this acitvity has much less impact than gym sessions. Maybe i'll retarget once things are more stable at work.

Only problem is financial. Pool is free, but gym costs approx 300$ a year....

Blog: http://blogue_a_sylvain.monblogue.com

Br00klyn
01-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Thanks for startin' the thread Aimee! :)

As for me, I did my Tae-Bo Cardio video yesterday! :sumo:

barbygirl43
01-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Used yesterday as my day of rest
Today
13 minutes on step machine
11 minutes on step machine
20 min. of strength training.

Tammy32
01-25-2005, 10:09 PM
Bike: 10 miles 38mins 17secs
Elliptical: 1 mile 9mins 18secs
Bike again, I was bored of the elliptical: 4 miles 15mins 50 secs

Br00klyn
01-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Tuesday:

- 30 Minutes Cardio (15 mins on Elliptical, 15 mins on Cross Trainer)
- Upper Body Weights (20 mins.)
- 60 Crunches on the Ab Bench (15 per side, then 30 in the center)

Sheila53
01-25-2005, 11:47 PM
Everyone's getting so much exercise in. I feel like a slacker!

Monday

1 hour deep water aerobics (with HIIT)
20 min. stretching

Tuesday

a short walk with the dog (but I painted, washed windows, pruned, and caulked)

SwimGirl
01-26-2005, 12:09 AM
No exercise for me today, although I did my normal 2km walk which is to get to work. I pumped up some music on my funky new mini iPOD, and I get going a nice pace.

So the scary man.. he was actually really friendly after the whole charging towards me down his driveway. We chatted about the wild animals in the neighbourhood and he apologized multiple times for scaring me. He was just chasing after his dog, who was a tiny tiny little dog, he didn't want the dog to scare me... lol.. ironic really.

-Aimee

nelie
01-26-2005, 01:23 AM
I was feeling weak today but I went to the gym and did a short workout. I did 30 minutes of weights. Hopefully tomorrow I'll do better.

Br00klyn
01-26-2005, 01:26 AM
Good for you Nelie! It's always tough to get there when you have an "off" feeling day. I find if I do make it, I make a short workout too. But, the point is you still went and I'm sure that you felt 10 times better when you left! :)

Gypsydancer
01-26-2005, 08:49 AM
Aimee, was he cute? (the man, not the dog ;) ).

Frenchie, I've read that swimming doesn't do as much for fat burning as land aerobic activity because your body temp doesn't elevate like it does outside of the water. That said, I have a friend who's lost a lot of weight only swimming. She does the front crawl, which she says is the best stroke for fat burning. Also, swimming is as good as pilates for strenghtening your core muscles, which increases your metabolism and makes you look a lot sleeker. It's a wonderful exercise--I wish I enjoyed it.

Yesterday I did step aerobics. Today I overslept, and am hoping that my son goes to sleep early enough for me to do power yoga tonight.

barbygirl43
01-26-2005, 11:37 AM
2 mile WATP tape this morning. :)

Darlene--when I swam laps in the summer I sweat a lot in the pool so I'm sure my body temp was raised. I think a lot of it has to do with the intensity in which it is done.

Gypsydancer
01-26-2005, 12:27 PM
I agree, Dawn!

frenchiepolarbear
01-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Youíre absolutely right about sweating while doing laps even if you do not notice it. This is the reason why itís important to wait 5-10 minutes before you get out of the pool so your body can cool down.

As for the debate if gym training is better than laps at the pool, Iím not really sure what to think about itÖ. What is the proportion of weight loss due to low calorie intake against pool training?

Iím doing 50 laps non-strop, moderate to fast pace, 2-3 times a week.Ö. Maybe if integrate 1 or 2 gym sessions along with pool training this will accelerate weight lossÖ.

SwimGirl
01-26-2005, 02:59 PM
The problem with swimming is that when you do sweat you don't notice it as much and don't drink water the way you would if you were on a treadmill. Or that was my problem when I used to swim. We used to do timed sprints and would check our heart rate, and yah, it really gets up there. The Butteryfly stroke would be the BEST for losing weight, first, its SO hard, and second, it really works those muscles! In the end, anything where you are moving is better than sitting on your butt!

frenchiepolarbear - I think you don't HAVE to go to the gym, you have all the things you need at home to do it without paying. Pushups (even motified) work almost all your upperbody muscles, crunches get your abs, do a few lunges and some squats and you'll get almost all of your body!

And the man wasn't cute, and he was about 45. I'm still 25 and can't appreciate older men..

-Aimee

Sheila53
01-26-2005, 09:09 PM
Monday during water aerobics, I asked the instructor if they'd switched to a salt water pool. I was sweating so much after HIIT that it was running down my face.

1 hour shallow water aerobics
20 min. stretching

Br00klyn
01-27-2005, 12:22 AM
30 mins. cardio (15 on recumbrant bike, 15 on cross-ramp)
Lower body weights (30 mins.)

Gypsydancer
01-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Yesterday I climbed 11 1/2 flights of stairs, did Power Yoga, and did The Method show (it was stretching). Today I did step aerobics. But, my knees are really hurting, especially my right one. I did my easiest step tape today, and it wasn't unbearable, but I don't want to injure myself. I decided to cut out stair climbing until my knees feel better, and next week I'm thinking to take a break from step and do floor aerobics instead. Hopefully that's all I'll need to do. My body is so much older than it was 5 years ago when I was the stepping queen!

barbygirl43
01-27-2005, 01:31 PM
2 mile WATP tape this morning.
Planning on
20 minutes strength training and 15 minutes on the step machine

Sheila53
01-27-2005, 10:22 PM
I had an incredibly blah kind of day. Instead of walking, I took a nap. Don't know why I feel so tired (maybe because I read what Darlene did yesterday--wow!). But I did do 20 min. of stretching, and took a short, very short, walk. I did just enough to get my exercise point on the monthly challenge.

Br00klyn
01-28-2005, 12:14 AM
Went to "Dance Fever" tonight - We did 1/2 hour of Latin Dance, then 1/2 hour of bellydancing.. It was soooooooooo much fun! If any of you guys have a dance aerobics class of any kind at your local gym, I strongly recommend giving it a try! :D

barbygirl43
01-28-2005, 01:32 PM
I didn't get in my strength training or my 15 minutes on stepper yesterday

Today
2 mile WATP.
I probably won't do anymore exercise today as I'm giving blood after lunch :)

Gypsydancer
01-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Today I didn't exercise yet, but I'll try to squeeze in pilates tonight. The dance class sounds wonderful, Celina!

nelie
01-28-2005, 08:22 PM
I went and had a 2 hr blood glucose test today and it was horrid! It made me feel so sick. Only having pure sugar in your system made me feel so blah. I was able to go to the gym though later and did an hour of weights. I also did weights and elliptical last night.

Sheila53
01-28-2005, 11:12 PM
The fact that you were able to go to the gym after you had the test is amazing, Nelie.

1 hour combo water aerobics
15 min. dog walking
20 min. stretching

SwimGirl
02-01-2005, 02:25 AM
I am back from my mini vacation and am proud to say I didn't exercise at ALL! teehee. I walked all over Seattle and cooked a bunch of food for a party, hopefully that counts ;)

-Aimee