Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 09:25 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Tired Tuesday

Here's a little email that I got this morning that I'd like to share.

Found Out Why I'm so Tired!

For a couple years I've been blaming my tiredness on lack of sleep, not enough sunshine, too much pressure from my job, earwax build-up, poor blood or anything else I could think of.

But now I found out the real reason:

I'm tired because I'm overworked. Here's why:

The population of this country is 273 million.

140 million are retired. That leaves 133 million to do the work.

There are 85 million in school. Which leaves 48 million to do the work.

Of this there are 29 million employed by the federal government. Leaving 19 million to do the work.

2.8 million are in the armed forces preoccupied with killing Saddam Hussein. Which leaves 16.2 million to do the work.

Take from the total the 14,800,000 people who work for state and city governments. And that leaves 1.4 million to do the work.

At any given time there are 188,000 people in hospitals. Leaving 1,212,000 to do the work.

Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons. That leaves just two people to do the work.

You and me.

And there you are, sitting at your computer, reading jokes.

Nice, real nice.

Back to post in a second...
Old 01-25-2005, 09:32 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hi Jess,

Just a quick post for me. I am down 5.6 this week? Don't know how I managed that. I mean, I was very good with my eating, but I'm assuming some of it is water weight.

BBL to post more.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:06 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!

Good morning ladies!! I have no idea how I managed to create two of the same thread, sorry for the duplicate! I'm having a major sinus/allergy attack today, probably because the weather is nice and gorgeous (sorry Kier!!). Sorry I didn't make it on to post yesterday, it's been swamped around here, but I did read the thread.

Belle--I can't believe that happened! First of all, when you mention to your server that you have a food allergy, they should be absolutely certain to mention it to the kitchen. And, in an ideal world, the kitchen should be absolutely certain that they don't even use the same utensils to prepare your food that could have touched the allergen without cleaning them off first. People have different degrees of allergies, what if that celery had killed you? I definitely think that you should call and speak with the manager. She/He needs to be informed that there was a problem, and needs to find out why it happened. If it was an oversight, that's a really big deal and it needs to be dealt with. Plus, you'll be able to prevent someone else going through what you went through. Also, I wanted to thank you for being so supportive on Friday. I'm not completely over feeling bad about myself, but channeling it into working to make myself feel better.

Lori--OMG!!! Down 5.6???? That is AWESOME!!!!! Thank you, also for your post yesterday and for your support. It's hard being heavy in a thin person's world, but it's a relief to know that maybe my thin, nerdy guy from work is interested, no matter how little he is.

Speaking of thin people/heavy people, do you guys know when Rescue Me will be starting again on FX?? I loved that show and a heavy girl got a really hot firefighter, which I liked.

My mom and I went shopping on Friday and I spent WAY too much $$ at Lane Bryant. Even though my plan is not to fit in my new clothes for all that long, I just needed to get some new clothes because I feel so much better about myself when I'm dressed in clothes that fit and that are flattering. Plus, Lane Bryant is nice enough to group their clothes together so that even I can find stuff that goes together. (If left to do this on my own, I'd probably end up wearing mismatches all the time because I could never get it right). The best part is that we're going again tonight to a different mall!! I love to shop. But, before we go shopping, I'm going to a WW meeting. I just need to or I'm afraid I'll slip and fall again and I simply can't gain anymore weight.

OK, ladies, I have to get some work done. I've spent way too much time online today and I'd really like to keep my job.

See ya!
Old 01-25-2005, 12:14 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey DH is home sick today so I'm in mom mode and i'm sick too
LORI!!!! woohhoooo
Jess oooh Love new clothes LB has some nice stuff this season!
bbl when he's conked
Old 01-25-2005, 05:17 PM   #5  
Running Babe

Hi All,

I tried posting this morning but my puter decided to act up.

ANyway I can run again so I shall be starting again tonight!

Belle: Uggg, I am glad you're okay and I am sorry the staff was incompetent. Do write a letter of complaint, they need to know what happened.

Take care!

Ali
Old 01-25-2005, 05:27 PM   #6  

Hi everyone,
Haven't posted in a couple days, but things are still going pretty good. Waiting for the honeymoon to be over and have some major cravings.

I was down 2lbs this week. In my sneak peaking at the scale I was thinking it was gonna be a no loss week. I've been working nights though and it does weird things to the body.

Hope everyone is having an okay day!
Closed Thread