Old 01-24-2005, 01:05 PM   #1  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Weekly Chat 1/24-1/30

Happy Monday All!

It's defn Monday! I had to go to the girl dr. today. I weigh five pounds more than I did last time, which was a year ago. So that wasn't a really good note to start the day off on. I think I will take this aggravation and kick some butt this week at the gym. I haven't really been making it at least three times a week, and my eating was way off this weekend. I think this is just what I needed to get a fire going under my butt.

Everyone have a great week!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:09 PM   #2  
Movin' and Losin'

Oh no, Spill. That is a bad way to start off the week. But, it sounds like you're fired up and ready to kick some butt! You can do it! Sometimes bad things can give us lots of motivation.

Well, I finally joined a gym this weekend. It is so awesome. I love going so far. Plus, paying for a gym membership makes me feel like I need to go and use it! Hopefully, it will kick things up a notch.

Hope you all have a great week!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:25 PM   #3  
I hate chub-rub!

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday!
One of my coworkers said today is found to be the most depressing day of the year (according to psychologists and the alignment of a bunch of planets I didn't know existed), so I thought that can't be bc darn-it-all, I'm gonna have a good day, and it has been so far. I have to teach yoga afterwork, so I know I'll be in the gym, I think I might try to get some treadmill time in afterwards, but I am so busy! I'm starting to let my self go (more than weight-wise) bc of my lack of time & it bugs me since I've always taken the time to look nice. Anyway, I hope all have a good day & better week.
kellibee2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:49 PM   #4  

Happy Tuesday People! (i come to you from the future! LOL)

Spill - I hope everything is ok. Don't let the DR give you a hard time. You rock! and don't forget it

Jina - Oh man.. you are in for a treat! I love the gym.. ok it's hard to get there at the moment when it is so nice outside and there are things like swimming and walking on the beach to do, but you're going to have heaps of fun! I hope it's a really nice friendly gym. If you make some friends there, it acts as kind of a motivation to go, cos you're always keen to catch up on their gossip.

Kellibee - yeah I heard that too about the 24. But I know I had a great day yesterday! I understand what you mean about being so busy that you don't have time for everything such as looking nice...I have issues with that.. but just remember as long as you have the best skin you can manage, some mascara and lip gloss on you'll look just as stunning as the chicks with a truck load of make up on! and what's more you don't have to worry about it during the day. I know when I was flat out for a while, I got my eyelashes tinted, so that I knew as soon as I had my shower and had put my moisturiser on, I was set to go! Also if you have long hair, just put it up in a pony with a cute hair tie. Again, not super complicated, but just as classy as blow drying it straight! I have a whole heap of flower clips and hair ties that i use. I often twist my hair up into a roll while it's still wet (naughty I know) and then just clip it in place with a flower. Looks very pretty, and takes me like 2 seconds. As for clothes.. well I do an iron-a-thon every 2 weeks, while I am watching one of my favourite programmes. It gets it out of the way and I can watch my programme without feeling lazy.

I dunno.. i hope some of this helps. You probably know it all anyway. But I am sure that no matter what, you always look great anyway!

Well have a lovely day girls
Tiff
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:42 PM   #5  
Living the Laguna life...

nbk! great suggestions! before i was really committed to losing weight, i thought it was impossible to be dressed up and have time to work out...since then, i've realized that part of feeling good about yourself is being in shape! i will try the hair with the flower...that sounds like a great idea!

even if it is supposed to be the most depressing day of the year, it's hard to be sad when the sun is shining! today is one of those days i thank god that i live in california

ok so some good motivational news....me and 4 of my best girlfriends booked our spring break trip to miami yesterday! i am so excited for lots of fun on the beach and at the clubs! But knowing that I am going to be in a bathing suit for six days has definitely given me some new motivation with this diet thing! I almost got a mocha this morning on the way to class, but i know if i want to fit in that two piece, i'll have to work hard!!!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:53 PM   #6  
I CAN DO THIS

Just popping in to say hello and good evening.. Hope Everyone's monday was ok. I will pop on after the kids go to bed to read up and post more.

/hugs
Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 08:03 PM   #7  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Boo - my birthday's the saddest day of the year?!?!? Bah to that! I'm off for celebration preparation!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:04 PM   #8  

Default newbie

hi! im 22 yrs old and today is my first day. I could use all of the support and advice anyone wants to give. cant wait to hear from you'll.
cass9918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:28 PM   #9  

:HB: :CB: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENICRA!!!

Hope you have a fanstastic day, and a brilliant celebration!

Tiff
Old 01-24-2005, 10:30 PM   #10  

Welcome Cass! You've come to the right place. Feel free to PM me anytime you need to talk. Why not tell us a bit about yourself? Check out some of the older threads to find out who we are! he he

Cheers
Tiffany
Old 01-25-2005, 06:01 AM   #11  

Just stopping by to say hello! And Welcome Cass! I did hear what you ladies were referring to about the 24th being depressing. What makes that more depressing than any other gloomy winter day I wonder?

We haven't had all the snow that you poor folks up north are feeling, but it has been BITTER cold. Hasn't really been motivating for walking outside at all!

Happy belated birthday Jen and a happy week to you all!
aimes523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:12 AM   #12  

hey guys. Aimes, they say its the most depressing day because if you made a new years resolution by yesterday it would have been broken. By yesterday you would have gotten your X-mas bills to see how much in debt you are and so on . I dont know about that cold though. I am in south Texas and our high this week is in the high 70's. Hope you'll stay warm. Have a good day. I'll check in after work.
cass9918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:56 AM   #13  
I CAN DO THIS

Welcome Cass. and Good morning Everyone.

Just stopping in again this morning. Alot to do today. hopefully I can get ontonight and read and post.. Hope Everyone has and ok Tuesday..
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:32 AM   #14  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Be-lated Birthday to you JENICRA!!!!!! I hope you had a wonderful day, and I hope you have a great week!!!!

Welcome Cass, feel free to post away, and good luck to you on your weight loss goal. Hey another texan! woo hoo, I'm loving this weather...that's one of the reasons I love TX, there is no winter season really.

Happy tuesday all!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:43 AM   #15  
Movin' and Losin'

Happy Birthday, Jenicra! Hope you had a fabulous day!

Welcome, Cass! I look forward to seeing you around.

I'm a big fan of no winter, too! Florida's great for that. I can't imagine it being so cold or getting as much snow as some folks in the north got. Eeek! I think I'll stay put.

Well, I'm having a great OP week so far (Of course, it is only Tuesday...). I love my new gym membership. I should have gotten a membership so much sooner. What a great investment!

I hope you all have a great week!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote