Old 01-24-2005, 11:27 AM   #1  

Wink porkchop

Hi, this is porkchop, I to have about 100 lbs to lose, and need lots of support. I would love to talk with you and share your ideas. I pretty much am an emotional eater and eat for any reason that I can think of, its hard but I have to find a way to achieve this as I don't want my kids to have a fat mom, and I don't want to continue missing out on activities with them because I am to ashamed to get into a bathing suit, or anything else that I hold back from as a result of my weight. So any ideas out there for diet and exercise, please let me know.

Porkchop
karimankus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:41 AM   #2  
PamPSM644

Hi Darlin,I'm Pam and I'm an older member being as I'm 50. I would guess we are all emotional eaters. I'd go to the frig and snack for the slightest reason. So happy you found us.

First I strongly suggest you start a journal listing everything you eat and how many cals it has. It's a very important way of seeing what your doing , good or bad.

Next, taylor your diet to your tastes.If you don't like the foods your eating your not likely to stick to the diet.

Lastly, try to exercize. Start out slow and gradually work up to longer periods of time and efforts.

These are my best suggestions. Hope they give you help on starting.They're working for me.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome. I think Pam gave yo usome great ideas. I can't think of anything else to add at this time.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:50 PM   #4  
Live for the Moment!

Hello & Welcome Porckhop!!

I agree with Pam's ideas.. AND, most importantly, remember to take every moment as it comes.. if you slip up the morning and eat a donut, its not an excuse to eat bad all day.. Get right back on plan the next moment you get! Also, take everything in baby steps.. and before you know it, they end up with BIG results!

Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:53 PM   #5  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Porkchop!

Welcome to the 100lb club - we all understand what it is like to need to lose 100lb or more. I know it seems an overwhelming task, but it can be done - there are a lot of people who have lost 50, 100, 180lb who still hang around here to offer valuable support and advice.

My advice is:

Focus on small targets and just aim for each one of them - it will soon add up! Take one day at a time, one meal at a time .

Write down everything you eat and the calories (or points if you decide to do weightwatchers) - it can be a real eye opener!

Get as much help and advice as you can here and by general reading - decide on a plan that you feel you can stick to and that is not too restrictive.

Some people prefer to take it slow and make small changes week by week, others prefer to launch into it all straight away - decide which you prefer and work it into your plan.

Start to exercise - however short to start with, just start moving a bit more.

Drink lots of water!

That's enough to get you started and get those pounds dropping off!

Good Luck

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 04:01 AM   #6  

Hi Porkchop

Well, as you can see from all the great advice so far, you've come to the right place! I guess what I would add is: be determined; be honest with yourself; find some good friends/family to support you in your journey; believe in yourself......ooh. And post often!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote