Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-23-2005, 07:55 AM   #1  
Karen

Default Requesting advise on ellipical machine and/or iFit

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has used an elliptical machine and could tell me what they think of it. Some of the machines are iFit compatible. Has anyone used iFit? (iFit is where you hook the machine up to a CD or DVD and you listen to music or watch TV while the CD or DVD changes the machines speed or intensity.)
If I can't walk outside, I walk on a treadmill. I have heard that an elliptical machine is better on the joints. I have fibromyalgia and was wondering if it would be better for me.
Thank you in advance for your response.
Karen
MomUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 08:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218.8/198/135

Height: 5'4

I love the elliptical. It burns alot more calories than the treadmill. It also seems to be really easy on the joints. I will admit that the first couple of times doing it, i felt as if was going to pass out. But just take it easy and you will do just fine.
e.mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:09 AM   #3  

Default Love my elliptical

We got an elliptical Nordictrac this Christmas and love it. Previously, I'd used them at gyms. This one has the capacity for iFit, but we haven't used that feature - you have to either hook up your computer or a special iFit CD player, and I'd just as soon just listen to my own CDs and either adjust the level manually or use one of the pre-set programs. The pre-sets can go farther up the resistance levels than I'm comfortable with, but you can manually adjust it quickly back to where you're comfortable.

TrishofWis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:12 AM   #4  

I'm a fan of the elliptical too..I feel like it works out my arms and legs where as the treadmill only works out my legs.. I like all the different settings you can put on it too.. Not sure of the brand I use, since it's at the gym, but i'll check next time i go..which i hope will be tonight!
lovemychocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:20 PM   #5  
Karen

Default Thanks for your input!

Thanks so much for responding. I ordered a Norditrac. I am anxious to get it. Advise I found in the Consumers Report Magazine was try out the equipment at stores before making a purchase. I am so glad I did. The machines really vary from one company to another and within the same company. There are so many out there to choose from and price is anywhere from $100.00 to $4,000.00.
Again, thanks so much for your input.
MomUSA is offline   Reply With Quote