Support Groups - Cows under a full moooooon

View Full Version : Cows under a full moooooon

Cowpernia
01-22-2005, 09:37 AM
I have nothing to say except this:

* Spring break in Dogpatch with no car and nothing in walking distance OR
* Spring break in Barcelona with Herbie and the grandsons

Lusho, if I thought you read your email, I'd send you the list of PSAT scores cutoff by state so you'd see why you should move. There is too much competition in NJ. Why is that? Superior schools? Superior parents? Cheating?

Bagz, I met a Nova Scotia woman online yesterday. She was so cute. Asked me where I was from. Florida. Then she said "I'm from Canada."

Oh, I'm from US, I replied. Then she wanted to know if I knew where Cape Breton is. Figured out where she was and asked if she ate chicken bones.

Yes! Do you eat oranges! She said.

Youse guys are funny.

SugP
01-22-2005, 03:45 PM
That will blow her away.

I think ds should go to Spain, even if it is with Herbie. He'll have a great time and absorb culture and come back all sophisticated-like. Spain is nice. People talk to you even if you don't speak the same language. Pretty girls. Not sure about pork.

I feel blah. Who wants to trade lives?

Bagzz
01-22-2005, 05:54 PM
i will trade lives with you Sugar ----i want to go shopping in Germany---you have to wait until next christmas cause it's the christmas stuff i want for my shop.and i want to go to the christmas markets and eat cordon bleu and spatzle{ i LOVED spatzle---do you make it????}is that how you spell it---------------' OH I'VE NEVER BEEN TO SPAIN,BUT I KIND OF LIKE THE MUSIC,WELL THEY TELL ME I WAS BORN THERE,BUT I REALLY DON'T REMEMBER"-----------are you worried about him going at all peach??? that would be me----worrying about attacks in the subway{or was it a train???} for those who don't worry----it sounds like a very generous and lovely idea---he must want to go,don't you think?????----------we are getting ANOTHER snowstorm tomorrow---that is three blizzards in ONE week----------regarding the chicken bones,did you know that my denver girls take smarties,coffee crisps,and other assorted canadian goodies to share with their friends!!! I SENT YOU SOME BONES PEACH----LET ME KNOW IF THEY GET THERE----they tole me at the post office that i am not allowed to send ANY food into the states anymore---including GUM!! so i lied about what was in the package----i said it was handguns and dope.ahahahah

Kiwonk
01-22-2005, 10:04 PM
oo, what are coffee crisps? They sound like something I would like.

No car? Why no car? I could not survive on my own without a car. Because I live too far from anything. And I'm lazy. When is Spring Break? Here the kids have 2 vacation weeks, one in February and one in April. We are going to look into some college tours during one or both of them.

Today was DD's winter recital. They held it in a very small crowded room. But it went well. DD was lovely. She played the guitar and sang an Opeth song called "Benighted". No, I've never heard of them either.

DH had a peanut butter and jam sandwich for dinner. I am such a great wife...

Kiwi

PainterWoman
01-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Kiwi-- why would one need EGGS for frosting?
I am truly sorry for all of you who are up to your ya ya's in snow. It was windy here, but sunny and only in the high 40's. DH and I were driving around and found a park with about 200 (!!!) Robins picking bugs out of the grass. I neever knew Robins flocked. I find it hard to believe it really means SPRING, though.

Kiwonk
01-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Coconut and pecan frosting for german chocolate cake is a made sort of like custard.

Robins. Huh.

Kiwonk
01-23-2005, 12:47 PM
i feel sick and i have to go to the inlaws . barf. migraine coming on. not bad enough to go back to bed tho. drat.

Cowpernia
01-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Go to the inlaws, pretend you're Chinese and be nice to them. Or go to bed. That's what I'd do.

I too feel bad that you're all snowed in. I heard a person from maine on NPR saying "You can't go outside." How then is Kiwi to go to the inlaws? Bagz likes it. She find it to be a photo op. Miss Lush won't talk.

SugP
01-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Coffee Crisp is a unique Candian phenomenon that certainly doesn't belong in a weight loss forum. :coffee: Go here and check this out. Yum!! (http://www.nestle.ca/en/Products/Browse_by_Category/Chocolates/coffee_crisp_regular.htm)

It's only available in 16 states in the US and there are petitions going around for them to market it everywhere. People like it that much. It's my dad's absolute favourite chocolate bar of all time.

We're supposed to be snowed in but we're not. Maybe tomorrow. I threw stuff away today. Cannot stand the tip any longer. My kitchen is being taken over by paper and clutter.

Bagzie! Believe me, when you go shopping here you get the same cr*p as everywhere else. I hear the Christmas market in Nurnberg is really nice, though. Those southern types eat spätzle but I know how to make them. Up here in the north it's 'taters all the time. Boiled, fried, mashed, whatever.

Bagzz
01-23-2005, 03:46 PM
so your german keyboard lets you but the ummmlout over the a----how Cool----we stayed at Hugelsheim {canadian base,now defunct} near BadenBaden and we visited Friebourg and went to the Black Forest----i LOVED Heidelburg {bad spelling i am too lazy to check} we went wine tasting in the Alsace Lorraine Region----wish i could scan some old pics====i LOVED Lucerne Switzerland and also Gruyere {stinky town}---------WHO WANTS A COFFEE CRISP???? I WILL MAIL THEM AGAINST ALL ODDS==========peachers sent illegal hot chocolate across the border and wabby sent tea------------i am daring-----------i don't like coffee crisp because it has a wafer texture and i don't like wafers=====if you know kitkat bars,then you know what i mean by wafer=-=====isn't it interesting that we are talking what kind of chocolate bars we like at the fatty forum-----------by the way=-====we call "hot cocoa" ===hot chocolate and candy bars====chocolate bars and of course we call soda "pop" and we say Grade Seven ,not seventh grade.that is all boring but as you may note on the weather channel WE ARE HAVING OUR THIRD EFFIN BLIZZARD IN SEVEN DAYS AND I MAY HAVE TO KILL SOMEONE OR SOMETHING-----they didn't bother closing the stores today,because we just go out in the mess anyway----------i think i will take some pics of this mess and send them to you right now.bye.

SugP
01-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Just read that Johnny Carson passed away this morning. :( :( I always thought he was so cute.

Yes, I have an ä and a ü and an ö and even an â. AND this €€€€€. Does that show up? Pretty snazzy, huh? Except that on this keyboard the y and the z have changed places and when I have to write on an English keyboard now it drives me nutz 'til I get used to it again.

We have SNOW! Finally. And it's still 4°C. How wimpy. The kids will be thrilled tomorrow.

PainterWoman
01-23-2005, 05:47 PM
Knowing how anti anything REASONABLE this red state is, we'll probably be the LAST to get coffee crisp. Zut alors! We do have Krispy Kreme...which is a comfort even if the spelling is krappy.

Who would like postcard books of COWS? Saw some at half-price last night.

Just got of the phone with DD. She is being SO good. Shoveled hip deep snow away from car so that housemate can get to work easier tomorrow. Cooked egg for breakfast and put it in a pita for pseudo breakfast burrito. Tomato juice. Lots of water. Being more in touch with how belly and body feels. Confessed that if she kept eating as much candy as she had been doing she might have exploded. [Does anybody else see a connection between eating sweets and wishing they thought their LIFE was sweet?! :?: ] Is still re-evaluating her same-sex relationship, and re-evaluating the value of "following the rules" or taking risks. Oddly, she's broken some and followed others-- and not not had the results she wants. Self-sabotage certainly runs on MY side of the family. :dizzy:
It's 43 at present. Hope those robins are toasty someplace. An angry mocking bird was chasing all the sparrows away from the feeder... which is strange because mockingbirds don't like what's IN that feeder. Maybe it's the same as me walking a picket line in front of Cici's Pizza. (Yeah, like I would.)

I've included a photo of the overly complicated two-sided potholder I'm knitting. The reverse side is pink/white instead of white/pink. Knitting it is like rubbing your head and patting your stomach. It takes CONCENTRATION. (but keeps my hands out of the nibbly food.)
Happy sunday. Hope the DH's are enjoying football.

Kiwonk
01-23-2005, 07:08 PM
I too feel bad that you're all snowed in. I heard a person from maine on NPR saying "You can't go outside." How then is Kiwi to go to the inlaws? What nitwit said that??? Must be one of those spleeny Southern Maine people. I went outside. Started the car and drove to the next town. How hard is that? So what if it's -4°F out? Anyway, we're not snowed in at all -- Boston must have gotten all our snow. We got a dusting.

Coffee Crisp sounds great! I've never seen it before, even though it's made by Nestlé. Of course in the US, that would be Nestleee, because we are too dumb to use accents. Speaking of accents, I have made spätzle many times. I love it. I think I would have spelled it spætzle. See, I also can type fun accents and stuff. I could tell you how, but then I'd have to disappear you.

They make Coffee Crisp Ice Cream :eek: -- That tears it, I'm moving to Canadia (as DD used to call it when she was little)

That is tough, having your DD so far away and knowing she's going through emotional turbulence and stuff. I know mine will have all her emotional turbulence after she leaves home too, I just hope she'll be able to share her thoughts with us.

I have something momentous to announce, so I will put it a separate message. You will all be so impressed, you will probably want to send me flowers and stuff to congratulate me.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
01-23-2005, 07:35 PM
I will really miss him, he was so cool.

Here's what I did the day before yesterday. You simply will find it hard to believe, I know, but it's true:

I cleaned out my bedroom closet. I threw out 2 pairs of old crappy slippers, a pair of really old sneakers and a box of ripped up paper that a cat had at one time (when? how should I know? :shrug: ) been using as a bed. I vacuumed, emptied the vacuum canister and vacuumed again. I dusted all my shoes and shoeboxes and labelled them so I could actually tell that, Yes, I do have a pair of huarachi sandals and here they are! And then I covered the heat pipe with insulation -- that was the real reason I got in there in the first place. We have way too much heat going into our bedroom and way too little going into DD's room, so hopefully that will help.

Anyway, considering I haven't cleaned that closet in so long I didn't even really remember that there was a shoe shelf :o , this is quite momentous. Maybe tomorrow, I could try some other foreign land to invade.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
01-23-2005, 07:40 PM
DH just shouted something from the living room. I couldn't tell if it was a good yell or a bad yell.

Cowpernia
01-24-2005, 11:35 AM
since ds will be gone during spring break, I think it's time for a Cow-meet-up. Whatdaya say? I'll go anywhere (as long as prices are down.)

PainterWoman
01-24-2005, 11:49 AM
What a great idea! (Of course, I've mostly lost track of when spring break is here, let alone everywhere else.) And then I had an attack of the "When's". i.e., I could go when I'm not feeling fat, poor and grouchy....

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Wabby
01-24-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm shivering just looking at Bagzie's pictures. Brrrrr. I think winter has passed us by this year. It all went to the east coast. Even the ski resorts in the mountains have closed due to no snow. Kiwi, I'm sure the person that said "you can't go outside" was probably originally from the Northwest. We don't do snow or ice here.

A cow round up? You all know I'm not allowed out of my pasture. Where do you think this round up would take place?

Kiwi! labeled shoe boxes? I don't have a big enough closet space for that. I use the shoes-in-a-heap method.

I bought new dishes on Saturday. I loved my new dishes. They were Mikasa Country Manor dishes. Creamy white w/ a basketweave design around the rims. I had to take them back because they didn't fit in my dishwasher!!!! How stupid - they make 11" plates now instead of 10" standard plates and standard dishwashers can't accomodate them. At the store they told me I should bend the tines over in my dishwasher so that the plates would fit. I spent the whole weekend hauling dishes out of the store, unpacking all the dishes, trying to fit them in the washer, packing them all back up, hauling them back to the store. This is my pattern for anything I buy lately. I bought some pants. In the store they fit fine. I wore them once, and now they look way too big. I bought new down pillows. They felt soft, but after we used them one night we had sore necks because they are just too over stuffed. I can't take them back because we used them. I'm going to quit being a consumer for awhile.

Speaking of cakes - I made a yummy cake this weekend. It's called "better than sex cake". It's not, but pretty close. It has a yellow cake on the bottom, then a pineapple layer, then vanilla pudding layer, then whipped cream, then toasted coconut. Refrigerate for several hours and inhale. I also made baked ziti, salad and focaccia bread for dinner. I'm back to Lean Cuisine for lunch today. I've been bad lately, but it was fun while it lasted, now I'm back on the wagon. However, I would make an exception for a Coffee Crisp.

Kiwonk
01-24-2005, 03:33 PM
You wanta go on our college tour with us, Peachie? I wonder if DD would like to go to college in Germany? :chin: Har. You didn't tell me when vacation was anyway. Not likely when I'm available. You know how busy I am, what with my shoe labelling business and all.

My migraine meds only partially worked yesterday. Probably because I was on the phone twice after taking them, not such a good idea I don't suppose. I'm having a relapse and I can't decide whether to take them again.

DH stayed home today for a "mental health" day. Didn't work for me.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-24-2005, 04:14 PM
last weekn in March that ends in April. My birthday is that week. Get your prioorities straight.

Bagzz
01-25-2005, 02:01 PM
effin storm has left this place a white mess----can't see around any corners----snowbanks 8 feet high-----MAN AM I CRABBY----------peachbat-----the week you speak of is the week after Easter----i will have my denver stepdaughters here for their break------------MAYBE WE SHOULD GO WITH KIWI TO LOOK AT COLLEGES FOR OURSELVES--------------THE HOUSE WILL BE FULL OF TEENAGERS AGAIN---- the ones from nova scotia were just here for five days because they got trapped by the storm---other dd and bf got caught in nova scotia for four days-----THIS HAS GOT TO STOP.

Cowpernia
01-25-2005, 03:44 PM
SnowBat, Christmas came in JANNURARYY this year! DS took down his 2004 calendar and replaced it with a index-card sized one! I'm waiting til he's gone to open the other stuff. Why must I share?

When is Easter? In March? That't not right. Change it.

Kiwonk
01-25-2005, 04:42 PM
I spent the entire ride home in the car today trying to convince DD that 10 deg. weather with 15 mph winds are not a good time to go out for an hour of cross-country skiing. She was unconvinced; I finally had to tell her she was simply not going period. :rollpin: How is this kid going to survive on her own in college? Maybe we should make her go to the local community college so I can continue to make her wear gloves and boots in the wintertime.

Bagz, you should really mention to the people in charge that we here in Maine would not mind taking some of your snow off your hands. They shouldn't be hogging it all anyway, what's with them? :snf:

I'm sorry Peachers, you picked the wrong week. You'll have to change it.

Today's excellent Bushism: "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" --January 11, 2000 in Florence, SC

Kiwi

Wabby
01-25-2005, 07:57 PM
Kiwonk, send her to school in Florida. No boots or gloves required. Peaches would be happy to keep an eye on her.

I do not like the skinny person's b*tt in jeans to the right of my screen.

Don't have a thing to say. Just checking in.

PainterWoman
01-26-2005, 12:01 AM
I have nothing to say, either. It is warm here and I think NOW is when I'm getting a cold. I agree that the skinny b*tt to the right is annoying and needs a swift kick. I like seeing all the photos of people shoveling snow and playing in a 'winter wonderland'... but I'm really glad I don't have to navigate in it, or plug in my car.

Wabby
01-26-2005, 02:51 PM
This is the story of my latest family of origin hi-jinks --- My Dad bought the 10 acres next to us 10 years ago. My alcoholic brother lives there, along w/ his common law wife. They are totally hillbillies, which I don't have a thing against, if thats how they want to live. I'm talking rusting cars, goats, geese, feral cats, junkyard dogs sitting in an old recliner on the front porch. We also have a neighbor, Yuppie Fred. He's a very nice guy, a great neighbor. His home is always immaculate. For some reason, when my brother is on a drunken binge, Fred's neatness really irritates my brother. Yesterday evening my brother was driving his tractor back and forth in front of Fred's house screaming at the top of his lungs about how Fred just thought he was soooo perfect. He proceeded to unload fence posts, telling Fred that he was going to fence off his driveway (Fred's driveway branches off my brother's driveway). He also was calling him names, telling him he was going to kick his *ss, etc, etc. Fred's wife and his mother were hiding in their house, understandably terrorized. DH heard the commotion (as did everyone for a mile around) and called Fred's house. Being a nice person, Fred said he didn't want to call the police because he actually likes my brother when he's sober. DH suggested Fred call my dad, since he's the owner of the property. Of course, I knew how that would turn out. My dad is the king of the ostriches. He would rather keep his head in the sand than deal w/ my brother. My dad went off on poor Fred. Our advice to Fred now is to let the law handle it. If it would do any good I'd talk to my brother, but believe me, that would be like adding kerosene to that flame. Any advice? My family makes me crazy. And sad.

Cowpernia
01-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Wabby, I have no advice, just the observation that you have a great DH and I feel so sorry for the Fred family. I hate to the law involved in things and I am SO AFRAID of drunks. Maybe Bagz could tell us how her neighbors handle her after all those margies every night! OK. Not funny. I think you should continue to let the Freds know you support them and let your Bubba know you support him to but that terrorizing people is not acceptable.

I have a bird feeder on my window at work. My office is in the back by the trees and I have cardinals, blue jays, chickadees and wood peckers. SO CUTE!! Can't have them at home because of murdering cat.

Kiwonk
01-26-2005, 05:41 PM
I do not like the skinny person's b*tt in jeans to the right of my screen. Yeah, let's kick her butt. (Anyone else watch King of the Hill--"I'm gonna kick your butt") :lol: They should put a little animation on that ad so we can kick her--that would make people click on it!
I have a bird feeder on my window at work. My office is in the back by the trees and I have cardinals, blue jays, chickadees and wood peckers. How wonderful!! How do you ever get any work done? :bubbles: :dunno:

We keep getting just a dusting of snow here. Just enough to have to clean off the car before you go anywhere. If it would warm up about 20 degrees we could have a proper snowstorm maybe. :devil:

Last night was the high school variety show. The junior class--dd and her friends--dominated the show. And it was really good (coincidence? I think not). She was in 5 acts, only one of which was a solo performance for her ("Benighted"). Here's her part of the program, with her friends that she performed with (names have been changed to protect the guilty)

I Could Not Ask For More -- Girl 1 and Girl 2 on lead vocals, DD on electric guitar and backup vocals, Boy 1 on piano
Benighted (by Opeth) -- DD on acoustic guitar and vocal
Fur Elise -- Boy 1 on piano, DD accompanying on classical guitar
Remember When It Rained by Eric Mouquet, vocal duet by DD and Boy 2, Boy 1 on piano
If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys, Girl 1 dancing (en pointe, no less), DD on vocals, Boy 1 on piano

I think they should market this energy and creative drive: I'd buy it.

Kiwi

Bagzz
01-27-2005, 12:34 AM
oh my god i wish i were at that kiwi------------i ADORE that type of entertainment---you must be sooooooooooo proud----love every minute of it,cause i MISS all of this so much!!! whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa---------------------i hate time. WABBY!!!!--- i agree----keep making nice with the Fred's and when your bro sobers up,he will have some smooth talking to do----do you think he will apologize to fred??? poor YOU!! xoxoxoxo poor wabby.

PainterWoman
01-27-2005, 04:07 AM
My family makes me crazy. And sad.

Wabby-- Isn't that the truth. So sad that you aren't in charge of the world to the extent that you can "fix" anybody. For all the rhetoric about closer relationships and "family values," sometimes what we must do is detach enough that we can cope with our sadness and stop going crazy. Then, maybe we can figure out something we could do that might have a positive reaction. It is my observation that some people only learn by consequences and "hitting bottom." Your police probably have better resources (and more experience) curtailing unpredictable drunks and drinkers. I don't know what your brother got from driving the tractor around and yelling, but until he figures out that it "isn't working" (to quote the venerable Dr. Phil), I see no point in you (or Fred) trying to deal with an inebriated person (especially while on a tractor). If Fred's been around the block a few times, he should be able to remember that you and DH aren't "in charge" of your brother.
My condolences.

Cowpernia
01-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Painty, you are breathtaking. I am now summarizing my problems to present to you.

PainterWoman
01-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Cowie. Thanks. Since there were no problems attached to your "summary" I'll cheerfully assume you have none! I hope it's true. :lol:

Kiwonk
01-27-2005, 05:17 PM
Guess what my darling daughter did last night? Backed my Explorer into a telephone pole :fr: !! Just broke the taillight cover and put a light scrape on the fender, no big deal. She comes in and says to me (DH was in the other room and she pulled me out of the kitchen--I don't think she wanted to tell him first) "there's something I have to show you. I'll pay for it!" Why do I find this funny?

What is it about men that they want to blame everything on somebody? DH's first reaction was to tell her she must take after me. Umm, just who was it that rolled my SUV 2 years ago? Gosh, hmm, I seem to remember getting a call at home..."I'm in a ditch" Guess it wasn't me...

I gave him **** last night. Not specifically for that business, but just for being such a jerk lately. I feel a little guilty about it today. Not too guilty. I'll just blame it on my headache :lol:

Kiwi

Kiwonk
01-27-2005, 05:19 PM
Oh, feel free to analyze.

Cowpernia
01-27-2005, 05:22 PM
You are a sick puppy

Bagzz
01-27-2005, 09:00 PM
i totally understand where you are coming from kiwonk-----my camry has many bumps on it now because of THEM----but i don't really mind as long as they are all okay---it's not really "funny" but it's part of the scheme of things----as far as dh goes------he likely deserved some sort of dressing down at some point,so why not last night!!----i think we northerners are to be excused for the CABIN FEVER we must be approaching if not surpassing------------oh,gutta go see if Marissa is turning gay---brb

Cowpernia
01-27-2005, 10:01 PM
who is Marissa? I want to hear about her.

Bagzz
01-27-2005, 10:06 PM
watch the OC.

Cowpernia
01-28-2005, 10:50 AM
and OC is what? A Canadian pervo channel?

Bagzz
01-28-2005, 11:22 AM
HAHAHAHAH----------------NO---IT'S AN AMERICAN {OH SO CALIFORNIAN} TEENAGE PERVO SHOW------ORANGE COUNTY TO BE EXACT------------- a guilty pleasure brought on by teenager influence-----------------i am trying to register Beckwith and Co. as a business name----they are doing a search for only 55 dollars---what a bargain. the likelihood of that name being in use is NADA------------------i am still a few weeks away from "owning" the lease to the shop------seems to take forever.

PainterWoman
01-28-2005, 01:29 PM
Do you really think people "turn" gay?
Analyze.

My son was backing up so close to a dumpster once that he slipped of the driver's side rear view mirror. (Also Camry.. wonder if they are ill-fated... ) He paid for it... and I don't believe he's hit anything since.

Life is hilarious. Might as well laugh. Or cry. At least those make me feel better. Yelling doesn't.

Ice cream does. or chocolate. Maybe I need to try "embracing my suffering"... if i did it enough perhaps I wouldn't be so hard to embrace myself...

Wabby
01-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Nobody "turns" gay. You are or you aren't. My sweet nephew is gay - always was, always will be.

Poor Kiwi's Explorer. I've had a few experiences w/ kid's fender benders. Why are they always afraid to tell their dad? He usually handles it better than I do. Don't feel bad about giving the DH grief. It's our job sometimes.

Painty, I love having a therapist in the herd. And I know what you say is true, but it's really hard when my brother lives right next door. He has not apologized to neighbor Fred. He's escalated it further. They are waging an all out war, and I think my brother is going to end up on the losing end of things. Fred has the law and a real estate attorney on his side. Not to mention the money to pay for an attorney. I'm just trying to lay low and stay out of the drama.

Bagzz
01-28-2005, 05:01 PM
oh my goodness---hope i haven't started something!!!----the OC is a teenager-based "soap opera"-----one of the girls is bi-sexual and is flirting with one of the girls who has so far been heterosexual---as far as i can see,they are "experimenting"----LET ME NOT BE CONSIDERED SOMEONE WHO IS AGAINST GAYNESS~!!!!!!!---- two of my best guy friends and a few girlfriends are gay AND let me tell you my own government is passing a bill for gay marriage in Canada which i totally support. I think i got in trouble for talking about Jehovah's witnesses didn't i????? :?: :?: :?: :^: am i in trouble for making fun of George Bush????AM I IN TROUBLE???????????????????????????????????

Kiwonk
01-28-2005, 05:08 PM
Do you really think people "turn" gay?
Analyze.Seriously doubt it. Of course lots of people go from trying to fit in as a heterosexual to realizing they are gay and having to sort of reinvent their lives, I should think. Other people might interpret that as "turning" gay. When I have time to write more, I will tell you about the play my actor friend wrote, which has a beautiful scene about this.

Of course I have no idea what's going on on the OC, since I rarely watch it. But I would like to point out, if I haven't before (and even if I have) that the actor who plays Sandy, Peter Gallagher, was in my graduating class at Tufts. He was very cute then too.

I really want to kick that butt on the ad over there. What makes her think it's okay to have your picture taken leaning over sticking your butt out anyway? And what's that under her sweater? I think she's wearing a corset.

I will never lose any weight. I just made a cheesecake for dinner -- we are going over to the "neighbors" (2 miles away) for dinner. I must go walk with Leslie before DH comes home (I don't appreciate an audience). Have you seen that "Increase Size/Decrease Size" line right below the box where you type? I tried the Decrease, but I am still fat.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
01-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Yeah, Bagz, you're in trouble. We're reporting you to the Provincial cops for speaking to Americans. :lol: And stop sending us those mad cows! :lol3:

Bagzz
01-28-2005, 05:49 PM
you have driven me to earlier drinking than usual for a friday.

Bagzz
01-28-2005, 05:50 PM
sorry about the cows--damn canadian cannibal cows

Cowpernia
01-28-2005, 05:54 PM
People kind of turn gay in a way. I had a friend in Los Angeles who attended a gay church and had many gay friends. She was not gay but was handicapped and found that she fit in with this crowd better. She was more accepted. Anyway, she told me that on Christmas, they were dragging their kids down the aisle as much as in a straight church. It made me think they didn't always live as gays. I mean, it would give that appearance.

I guess I shouldn't have said "pervo." It's just a word that comes to mind when I think of Bagz sometimes. Not sure why.

Cowpernia
01-28-2005, 05:56 PM
When you look below, do you see "weight loss for cows" and "skinny cows"? What's up with that?

Cowpernia
01-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Two people have complimented my new earrings today. One said they bring out the pink in my eyes. Of course, she meant in my cheeks. Or sweater.

Bagzz
01-28-2005, 06:41 PM
my dd made her earrings---she made me some red ones to match MY eyes.

Bagzz
01-28-2005, 06:42 PM
just because i say eff doesn't mean i am a pervo----maybe it's my nineteen year old "crush"

Wabby
01-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Bagzie, I hope you stay off the tractors.

My brother's "wife" called me today because my brother wanted to apologize for "making the neighbor whine to you". I told her she needn't apologize for anyone else's actions, but if my brother wanted to apologize for acting like a madman, that would be appropriate. I told her I wasn't taking sides, but bro needs to learn how to talk problems out instead of behaving crazy and making threats. I'm sure my brother won't be talking to me any time soon. Darn.

You will all be relieved to hear that Grandpa Jim has a car to replace the wrecked one. He's back on the road.:eek:

Bagzie, dear, I really, really, really would love to be drinking margies with you tonight. I could use a trip to margaritaville. See you lovelies on monday.

Bagzz
01-29-2005, 12:19 AM
oh well---i will have to tell wabby that i had to settle for amaretto and milk tonight----i was at sissy's and that's what was available {i hate beer}---------------had fun dishing about this and that--------drinking is almost like a vacation......................

PainterWoman
01-29-2005, 01:01 AM
Amaretto! THAT's what I need.... Oooh, better yet, I wish I had a slug of Baileys. Hmmm.
Nobody's in trouble that I can tell. It seems that we are all a bit pervy, liberal and, um, creative.

Yesterday there was a sheep loose on the road. Poor thing was flummoxed by two cop cars with strobe lights and two animal control trucks with men with stick/lasso thingys. (HOW can you catch a sheep with a harness.) Sheep was smart enough to run out of the middle of the street and back into it's suburban farm lot. They've got 1 llama and a bunch of cattle... If one of them gets loose, I'll send photos! It was very entertaining. See... that's what passes for entertainment around here. No snow. No starlets. No cheesecake.

Cowpernia
01-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Speaking of lassos and gaysos, here is one of my friends stories from that time. There was a Gay Pride parade in Los Angeles and her church participated by having the choir, in robes, march along singing hymns. It was near the time that Carter first ran for president (I forget who ran as Republican) and while the parade was forming, a man dressed in a huge condom appeared. He intended to march in front of the choir. Well, the church people were not in favor of this and marched off to have the police take him away. His name was Mr. Penis and Mr. Penis had no hands on which to put cuffs. So he was lassoed and taken away in a squad car.

What they didn't know was that Mr. Penis had supporters and when the parade began, two men holding a sign reading, "Mr. Penis for Presdient" marched in front of the choir.

Cowpernia
01-29-2005, 10:58 AM
Wabs, I just reread your post and laughed. He made the neighbors whine to you!1 HAHA. Even though he got drunk and overtook the neighborhood with a tractor while making threats, it's still them who are the trouble-makers here because they are WHINEY!!

I also just read the 3FC essay on what the best diet is. Apparently, it's one you will stick with. Well, which one is that? Their survey found Weight Watchers was favored but it's inconvenient and costly. Can't we just have Wabsy run a diet plan for us?

Cowpernia
01-29-2005, 08:22 PM
Could I be wrong in believing that my body knows it’s too fat and knows what to do about it? I mean, should I have to be manipulating it and trying to trick it into slimness? It used to be thin. I think it’s just being mean and lazy. My hypothesis is that I can eat all the chocolate I want and still lose weight. It hasn’t worked but it could. If only my glandular system would shape up.

I believe that this will happen and I’ll be really cute and a nice handsome greyhaired man with a genuine leather checkbook cover will sweep me off my feet. Today, I dyed my hair and Ds says it looks natural. I am ready from the scalp up.

But, just in case the man’s arrival doesn’t coincide with DS’s departure for college, I am planning to be alone for a while. I thought and thought about how I would do things if I were alone and today I had the ultimate test. I gave my cat a bath all by myself. It’s a cat I’m allergic to and he needs to be bathed. We got through it fine. Afterwards, he even cuddled with me while I petted his soggy back.

DS will be going to university next year. At school, he is required to pick three schools and learn about them. This is a continuing project where he is given more and more information to seek out. His choices of schools to investigate: the community college he now attends; a chiropractic college in the midwest; and a technical school that may be in or near New York. As Sugar points out, he may end up at the U of Siberia with this kind of attitude.

Nevertheless, my cat will be clean

Bagzz
01-29-2005, 11:55 PM
are you serious-----------ds is old enought to graduate from highschool??? i thought you were like 18 when you graduate----did he skip grades?????----------give me the lowdown--------------i can't believe he.is.that.old.------------HOW DID THIS HAPPEN????

Cowpernia
01-30-2005, 12:05 AM
You are so silly. He is in Grade Eleven. Next year, he can graduate.

Bagzz
01-30-2005, 11:36 AM
oh---i get confused when the year changes----next year is september to me---SARRY!!!

Cowpernia
01-30-2005, 03:09 PM
same thing. Next year that start in September, he graduates. He's same grade as Kiwiette.

Bagzz
01-30-2005, 03:43 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwe will have a virtual grad party for the peachpie and the kiwiette!!!!!!
---anyone here watch "desperate housewives"???

Kiwonk
01-30-2005, 06:08 PM
---anyone here watch "desperate housewives"???Constantly. It's hilarious! I can't believe they made such a big deal about that show being "controversial", like every other show on TV isn't about adultery and sneaky, lying people. I saw an interview with some guy who wrote the show originally and he couldn't get anyone to buy the idea. He was describing it as satire. Which of course is what it is. A friend told him to market it as a soap opera, and the network snapped it right up.

Hey, I haven't been here since Friday. Where've I been? I had to get up at the a**crack of dawn Friday to take DD in to school early. They went on a bus to another high school to take part in a regional Honors Music Festival. She was in the chorus. They rehearsed all day Friday, and went over really early Saturday too for rehearsal. Then there was concert in the afternoon yesterday. It was lovely. They also had band. It's amazing what they're able to do with 2 days of rehearsals. There were kids there from about 10 schools. DD had a great time -- she said what she liked most was that everyone there wanted to be there, they could all sing and enjoyed doing so. That made it fun.

The cheesecake was a great success. Strangely, the kids, other than DD (who knows a good thing when she sees it), weren't interested in it at all. Which was just fine, because I got to bring about 1/3 of it home. mmm But the adults were delighted and very complimentary. I thought it was a bit too creamy myself, but who am I to criticize my own cooking....

Cowp, DS is not going to university next year. Exactly 12 months from now he will be a high school senior. He's going the year after next. Because everyone knows that the year starts in September. :dunno: Pay no attention to those pesky date things, like 2005, 2006, etc. I think it's hilarious that he is comparing a chiropractic college. Is he just trying to get on your nerves? DH made an appointment to see the high school guidance counselor about DD's college search. I have no idea what we're going to get out of it, except maybe we will find out how little they are equipped to help if she's not going the U of Maine. Maybe I will be surprised.

I'm making chicken soup again. It sure smells good.

Kiwi

Bagzz
01-30-2005, 08:41 PM
I CAN'T SMELL YOUR SOUP--------------- i have a problem with chicken soup====the broth never tastes "tasty"----i simmer the chicken with onion,carrots,celery---STILL no real full bodied flavour-------------GIVE UP YOUR SECRETS.

PainterWoman
01-31-2005, 12:51 AM
What they didn't know was that Mr. Penis had supporters and when the parade began, two men holding a sign reading, "Mr. Penis for Presdient" marched in front of the choir.

Every penis needs a supporter.

SugP
01-31-2005, 06:10 AM
I had to get up at the a**crack of dawn Friday to take DD in to school early.

That reminds me of an Oprah joke that I probably shouldn't tell here for fear of offending any number of visible minorities all at the same time. You've all heard it already anyway, I'm sure. :D

Yes, I too am pervy, liberal and creative, when they let me be, that is. And no, I don't think that gay people just turn gay. I believe they are that way from birth and it's their environment that decides whether they can "come out" or not. When I was a little kid in the 60s we had three pairs of gay men living on our street and it was totally not an issue. And nobody's business anyway. So there.

Kids got report cards on Friday and now have Monday and Tuesday off to recover. Go figure. I will be decluttering ALL DAY (well, ok, most of the day because it's 11:05 a.m.) because this tip is taking over my life and I'm not going to take it any more!

A chiropractic college? Do you, like, learn to be a chiropractor there, or is it run by them orwhat? I'm so confused. I think Peachez ds should become a rocket scientist or a Nobel Peace Prize winner.

Bagzz
01-31-2005, 12:23 PM
a change is as good as a rest-----tip cleaning can really work----ROCK ON SUGARCUBE!!!

SugP
01-31-2005, 02:52 PM
I miss Hoochie Mama. She was so sensible and able to eat only one Oreo at a time. And she was so good at ironing golf shirts.

Bagziee! Didn't you say that you totally decluttered your house awhile back? Did it stay that way? We just have SO much crap and I'm trying to brutally slog my way through it and only keep what we use or love.

Did I mention that I woke up at 4 a.m. this morning and couldn't get back to sleep at all? Got up and sat around in the living room until 6 and then did fall back to sleep. Is that perimenopause or what? It'd be nice to be able to sleep through the night for a change. Maybe when I'm 60.

Oooh! I can watch The (badly dubbed) OC too starting Wednesday night. How many seasons have I already missed? Will I like it?

Cowpernia
01-31-2005, 03:03 PM
Sugar, I'm reading a German novel called "The Reader." It's kind of uninteresting to me so far. I see that it's supposed to be erotic but I'm not getting it. You read it?

I have a kitty, seven years old maybe, who has a serious dental problem. I think it's ginginvitis. I'm taking him to the vet on Saturday. This kitty was an adult when I got him and he is not trained to be handled like my other kitty is. If I do something to him he doesn't like (comb him, administer meds), he hides under the furniture for days. If it's meds, then I can't do it again. I can't catch him.

So I'm afraid she'll want a fortune to address his problem and then expect me to brush him teeth or something. I could do anything to the other cat but not this one. I am concerned. I need feedback here.

Kiwi, what schools are you visiting? U of F???? Nice and warm here.

Bagzz
01-31-2005, 03:30 PM
brushing a cat's teeth???forget it----get them hauled out---let her gum it.----that's my input-----------SUGAR-HELLOOOOOOOOOO??????????????/---- I COULD DEJUNK 24-7 AND THIS AMAZON HULK OF A TIP WOULD STILL BE SPITTING OUT TRASH---- we even had a dumpster once and FILLED it----the garage and basement could fill one again----i guess i must grow the crap.I LOVE THE OC------------- just i used to love Dynasty and especially Knots Landing----------i loved Donna Mills----and Nicolette Sheridan---she used to do up William DeVane--------------now she's doing up Wisteria Lane-------i just put in a CD that has Microsoft Office----what the **** is that and how do i use it????------------take the cat's teeth out yourself when he's asleep-=---save yourself some cash.

Kiwonk
01-31-2005, 04:01 PM
I had no idea she was good at ironing golf shirts. You must have known her better than I did.
Did I mention that I woke up at 4 a.m. this morning and couldn't get back to sleep at all? Got up and sat around in the living room until 6 and then did fall back to sleep.I've been doing that once a week or so. It's evil.
I have a kitty, seven years old maybe, who has a serious dental problem. I have a kitty who has a serious mental problem. :lol:
She has a pretty consistent bad hair day going and she sits 2 feet from me and waves her paw at me for attention. If I don't pat her she hunkers down and looks dejected. Sometimes she turns her back on me. If I do pat her, she just keeps waving her paw at me. Actually this is sort of revelant to your dental problem. I have had to comb mats out of her hair every winter, and they can get really bad. She used to hate the sight of me after a session of that. I found I had to do it frequently for shorter times with lots more happy-type combing so she wouldn't avoid me for days while the mats got even worse. I only hope you don't have to do anything to your kitty on a regular basis, but if you do, you'll have to do something similar--make the brushing frequent and short. Good luck.

Gee, I don't think I've the a**crack joke. Share. (Or pm it)

Ta, Bovettes
Kiwi, Penis Supporter

SugP
01-31-2005, 04:07 PM
Sitting here thinking how happy I am that I don't have a cat. :D (Actually, I'd love to have one but I'm allergic in a big way that no bath can reduce).

How weird is this: about a week ago some person from the US I don't know at all e mails me and says he found my e mail somewhere on the internet (eep). He was looking for a friend of his, a female exchange student who had visited the US in 1993 (!) and apparently she came from the town where we live now. He gave me her first name and what he thought was her last name but I was pretty sure her first name was spelled differently so I looked in our little tiny phone book - two names there but not her first name, and then I did a search and the only thing I came up with was a chick who happened to be selling her car online. So I sent him the e mail address from there, with the first name different from what he thought it was, and it turned out to be her!!! Freaky. Anyway, the guy was nice but at the bottom of his e mail he had "Taking Back America". That's not good, is it? I don't think he and I will be corresponding again. :D

Doing good deeds for other people should make you thin, but I'm STILL fat! Pppthhhhh! :p

Bagzie - Germans are not erotic. Ask me how I know. I KNEW I should have gone for alternate life number 47. :lol:

Ok, ok, but I hope Oprah isn't reading this:
Did you hear what happened to Oprah? She was caught at the airport with 30 lbs. of crack.

Hilarious, eh? Got it from my brother.

Bagzz
01-31-2005, 06:25 PM
oh my GAWD Shuga!!!---did i say that germans were Erotic??? where did i get that idea????----maybe Oprah DID have the big crack, but the laughs on us fat arses isn't it!!!---she's been skinny and fit for years now!!!----the more things change the more they stay the same=========kiwi----how come you didn't back up my plan to have cowperns cat with dentures???------you can sign me as "unsupportive of penissss===is it peni??? a flotilla of peni?? {pronouced pee--nigh}=======KIWONK--- i forgot to say how jealous i was of your saturday with all of the musical teens-----sigh----------i miss that sooooooooooooooo much----i don't think ds will be involved in music like the girls were---------------dd20's band plays around town so i am not totally out of the scene.........................

SugP
02-01-2005, 06:19 AM
Silly me. Now that I've had a good night's sleep I see that *Peachy* was asking about the erotic Germans. They're still not erotic, although you can see naked girls on almost any magazine cover and people (not me) sit around in the sauna in the buff. I haven't read that novel. What's it about?

Yeah, that Oprah joke must be really old because as much as we love to despise her, she is looking pretty fabulous these days. I'm still waiting for me free car. She never answers my mails.

Kids have gone to a movie with granny and I have the whole day to myself. Wheeee! What shall I do? I'm torn between doing chores and pampering myself. Will most likely set my timer for 15 minute intervals and do both.

Cowpernia
02-01-2005, 11:01 AM
I don't recommend the book but I'm not done with it so maybe I'll change my mind. So far, a teenage boy is having an affair with a 37ish year old woman. I supposed that's supposed to be erotic but they take off their clothes, she washes him, she laughs at him and sends him home. They make love in there too but with no more sensuality than I've put. But I don't like erotic material so I'd put it down if that were happening.

Wabby
02-01-2005, 01:23 PM
I read that book. I vaguely remember I didn't like it. Can't really remember the plot - a bad sign, since the good books I remember forever.

Cowpernia
02-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Gosh, Wabbo. I don't remember AnYTHING forever. Not no more.

Kiwonk
02-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Argh DD came home from school and insists that I go cross-country skiing with her. And I really can't say no, because I don't want her to go by herself and she has a good reason to do it -- she takes her phys. ed requirement by independent study, so it's actually homework!

I'll post later if I survive...

Kiwi

P.S. I like your new sig, Bagz.

Bagzz
02-01-2005, 04:03 PM
i am reading "small island" by andrea levy---it is for the book club where i HAVE to read the book--not the fat book club where i actually forget what the name of the book is---did you already have your meeting,cows???----the book i am reading is okay but i would never say you must read it AT ALL-------so far i am really enjoying the club though---everyone is likeable and the food is WONDERFUL!!!!!---they make a big production of the food for sure---kind of like the Bunco Girls!!!!----TODAY IS GORGEOUS!!! LIKE SPRING---- this morning the trees were coated in frost---i took pics and i am sending them out-----VERY magical!!xoxo

Cowpernia
02-01-2005, 05:19 PM
I am thinking of mounting a mad cow head on my wall ... either that or those pictures of shadows on snow. I WANT THOSE

Bagzz
02-01-2005, 05:50 PM
do you like the shadows on the snow??? you know i complain about the winter non-stop but sometimes it is unbelievably beautiful-----like when it is snowing really slowly with big flakes and the sky is light grey---------or when the branches are totally weigthted down with the thick puffy snow-------------i will try to remember this when i can't see out the doorway for the raging blizzard.

Cowpernia
02-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Wellll not that it's not interesting hearing what you like, but what I'd like is a set of those pictures. How can I get them? I need them big and glossy. Maybe I don't need all of them. Maybe four will be enough. Is your shop open yet?

Wabby
02-01-2005, 08:17 PM
DH tells me I have a very long memory when it comes to forgotten birthdays or anniversaries.... I still gripe about my 27th birthday when DH left for the entire day to a car show and I had a crying 1 month old baby and my parents were out of town (no birthday cake from mom) and, and, whaaaaaaaaaa.

I have good news and bad news.

the good news..... I'm leaving on the 15th to go to sunny Phoenix to visit my sis in law. We have reservations the next day at www.camelbackspa.com I will be pampered, I will be massaged, I will have a facial and a pedicure. I will bask in the sun by the pool.

the bad news.... My older sis who has developed Grave's disease and it's progressed very rapidly. She is going to have surgery on her eyes called orbital decompression, which is basically surgery to remove part of the bone around the eye. If you want to read about it, see www.geocities.com/marmisk/Graves.html Prayers for her would be appreciated. This disease has come on so fast, since November, and she is devastated. She has double vision, and constant eye pain. She's going to have surgery on each eye separately, then in about 8 mos. they will do surgery to realign the muscles and hopefully correct the double vision. Why is life so difficult sometimes?

I'm off to see if our book club selection is available yet.....

PainterWoman
02-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Prayers indeed for your sister. I hope that by the time you arrive, you can help her past her devastation. Age and trouble can sure sneak up fast. Enjoy the warm.

Bagzz
02-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Poor Wabby's sister---------we will be thinking of you all----no question that the age and illness thing is really making itself known these days.on the other subject,wabby,tell your hubby that i know how YOU feel---my dh took his three kids on vacation and left me home with a newborn and my 8 and 10 year olds all alone----i remember lying in that bed with the crying infant and thinking--"what the **** have i done"---------i remind him of it almost 11 years later---so don't sweat it!!!!-----------cowpern {not cowporn,as i know you hate that kind of thing}---ask kiwi how you can get your pictures developed by sending the jpegs on email to the photo shop around the corner---she can do that can't she???? huh????

Kiwonk
02-02-2005, 02:22 AM
Actually she can and does make not too awfully bad prints herself. How big do you want them, Peachie?

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's problem, Wab. It sounds really frightening. I hope all the procedures are successful; what an ordeal, poor thing.

Now as far as that spa-fest goes. Hmph, well, I guess if it can't be me it might just as well be you. That will be so lovely!!

Oh yeah, I survived the skiing. Although I did a beautiful face plant at one point. There was this hill that ended at an intersection of the trail--you had to either turn left or right, or go into the powder and trees which were straight ahead. Now, if you don't know anything about cross-country skis, I have to tell you that it is much harder to turn with them than it is with downhill skis. So this was just too much for me and I headed into the powder. As a matter of fact, DD was in front of me and she shouted back that I could go straight into the powder if I couldn't turn. So I did. Well, it was true that the powder stopped the skis. Unfortunately it didn't stop the rest of me. I did a graceful header straight into the snow, smack on my chest.

I honestly thought I'd broken a rib. I had to lay there for about 10 minutes before I could get up. DD sat there and amused me. After a while, I felt fine. Then we had to tackle the really big hill, which I was dreading anyway. DD went first and discovered that there was a crater (person-sized :rolleyes: ) in the middle of the track. It totally threw her off and she tumbled, with her skis windmilling over. She was fine, although she bruised a leg on something. I decided to take the weenie way out -- took off my skis and walked down the hill. Good decision. It was a great ski, really. The snow was great and it wasn't at all cold out (about 29 F). Worked up a mighty sweat and I expect to be thoroughly aching all over tomorrow. Especially my chest.

So, that was my day.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
02-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Ki, who makes prints? How big can they be? 14 inches?

Glad your rib is ok and prayers for Wabby's sis.

I am at work. Post to me. Please.

Wabby
02-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Painty, the sis is the one who is sick. The sis-in-law is in Phoenix and is fine. I know it's confusing. I have a huge family. 6 siblings in my family. DH came from a family of 9. Crazy.

Is every inch of you hurting, Kiwi? I thought cross country skiing wasn't as dangerous as downhill.

I checked on our book - it won't be available until April 5th. Remember it was Sue Monk Kidd's new book the Mermaid Chair. If anyone wants to suggest something else feel free--- I just finished Cane River --- very good, based on the authors true family history. I have The Time Travelers Wife ordered from the library.

Skipped a visit w/ Leslie this morning. Monday was 2 miles, tuesday I was lazy - 1 mile, dragging all the way.

That rambling on I was doing about having a long memory was in reply to Cowper's observation that she didn't remember anything anymore. Somehow by the time I posted, there were a bunch of posts in between. Just letting you know I wasn't totally coming out of left field. Not that I don't often do that.... ooops --- rambling again.

Where is Lush?

Cowpernia
02-02-2005, 02:32 PM
I, too, would like Lush to return. And Cherry. And Letty. I am eating Hummus on Bread/Cracker/things for lunch and Pepsi One. Does that sound good?

Kiwonk
02-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Sounds kinda gross actually. But I'm sure it's very dietwise.

I hurt hurt hurt. Ow ow owo wo wow ow owowowowowowow. I can barely turn my head. It's all in my shoulders. I assume from poling, although I guess it could also be from that fall. I also feel a bit like I was riding a horse. Inner thighs hurt. You wouldn't think that would be affected.

Yeah, Wabby, x-c skiing is much safer than downhill, just because you don't tend to be going as fast and there aren't usually any big hills. But when you haven't done it for a year or more, those muscles don't know what hit them.

Cowpeach, I make prints. I have 4x6 and full sheet size photo paper (8.5x11). Bigger than that, no. But Bagz is right, you could email the photos to a store that develops film and they could make you whatever you want. I would suggest that you have Bagz send you the original files (larger size) if you want any bigger than 4x6, because the bigger the print, the better you want the resolution to be. Of course, I have better rates than the photo store (free).

I've really got to go get some stuff done. The bathroom is dirty, the kitchen is a disaster, I haven't vacuumed. Good day for it, when I'm stiff as a board.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
02-02-2005, 05:19 PM
Well, I cleaned the bathroom. Scrubbing was good for my shoulders. Of course they still hurt. :dunno:

I'm attaching a photo I took of the computer screen after I read this post the other day:
Two people have complimented my new earrings today. One said they bring out the pink in my eyes. It made me spew coffee.

Kiwi

Wabby
02-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the spew, Kiwi. ;)

The fog has lifted and the sun is beeeee-you-tee-full today. Aaaaaahhhhh. Amazing what it does for my mood.

Pass me the hummus, Peach. I love that stuff.

Bagzz
02-02-2005, 10:48 PM
i made hummus today too===must be a spring ritual----too bad i am two months too early-------------let's all go to Flarrider and have a girls gone wild weekend----THAT WOULD MAKE ALOT OF PEOPLE SPEW!!!

Wabby
02-03-2005, 01:48 PM
All this hummus talk is going to make me go to the deli and buy some for lunch today. I feel a major food binge coming on. H*ll, it's been happening for the last week or two and bunco is on Saturday so I figure it's not a good time to stop now. It's a bad sign when I start wondering what bunco dessert will be and it's 2 days away.

I did a 2 mile Leslie today, but I did the entire thing without looking at the tv. Just couldn't face the girls today. :lol: Staring out the window at the fog fit my mood better. Yes. Another foggy morning. It makes me feel practically suicidal - thank goodness the sun comes out by afternoon and then I'm so happy I can hardly stand myself.

let's all go to Flarrider and have a girls gone wild weekendBagzie, they would have to rename it - I haven't been called a girl for years - it's ma'am nowdays. I actually had a waiter tell me I looked familiar to him, an older version of someone he knew. I should have stiffed him on his tip.

Can you tell I'm in a snit today?

Bagzz
02-03-2005, 04:50 PM
poor wabby-----the FOG is the worst.around here it can last for two weeks or more without lifting----BUT ONLY IN THE SUMMER TIME-----the four weeks we get of summer----i can imagine the sun must be SOOOOOOOOOOOO divine!!---today is grey and mild and feels like rain or freezing rain will start soon.i am bllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh--- and most definely a ma'am----got me hair cut and me eyebrows waxed so i look like a middle aged hag instead of an old one----i miss lushhag.

Kiwonk
02-03-2005, 09:02 PM
Well, I didn't make hummus. I made fudge. Don't suppose that counts as a good thing, does it? :chin: It's sort of good because after my music boosters meeting last night I had a powerful chocolate craving, and I was thinking of going to the store and buying candy bars, but I decided I could make something at home instead. So I made fudge and I only had pan scrapings last night. I've had 2 squares today, though. Maybe I can eat the leftover salad instead of more fudge later, when we all know I will be ravenous. :eating2:

My neck still hurts. It's not too bad as long as I don't move. Unfortunately I never seem to get away with not moving for an entire day. Too bad. Today I had to mop up the kitchen--we had some thawing and the :censored: roof leaked. Many puddles. Didn't ruin the fudge though, so everything is okay. :smoking:

I got this in a spam email today: THE PARENT arrived back on the scene. She gave me a tape by Dr. Laura Meyers from UCLA. I listened to that tape eight times. I listened over and over and heard the same thing again and again. Ms. Meyers said, 'These kids may need to hear a word many times (perhaps 72 times) before they ever say a word. A computer can be patient and say it the same way every time.' Now I understood. I was not patient enough. I did not allow the student to hear the words over and over. I was interrupting their learning by interjecting, when they were totally engrossed in what they were doing. I was asking questions they were not ready to answer. They were just learning language. They didn't have the answers yet.Isn't it nice that they try to educate while annoying us?

I took pictures yesterday of the frosty trees and the river, but they did not come out as well as Bagz'. I guess I will send you all some anyway, but gee whiz, they just don't glisten and sparkle. :bb:

Kiwi

Bagzz
02-03-2005, 10:28 PM
kiwi---do you use the fudge recipe that calls for icing sugar???i need to know what recipe you use---and you still haven't tole me how you make your chicken soup taste so good-----i WANT to see your pictures!!!!send them now!!!---i was shooting into the sun :D :D .

Lohani
02-04-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm home today to go to dentist and clean house. I don't clean with you guys...I have new red state cleaning friends. I think they don't like me because they suspect I'm blue , but they are all too sweet to perform outright rejection.
I make fudge, too. It is made with pb and fluff plus chocolate...I don't like chocolate but I always suffer through a few pieces like a true addict.
Bagzie, where in Canada do they have a decent climate? When they try to draft my boys, where should I send them to college up there? Do you know of any canadian girls who'll marry them?
Cherry must be so excited for the Superbowl. Me, not so much. Poor dd is being forced to spend her whole day at school in Eagles mania. She is trying to avoid being drawn upon by green permanent marker.
Cleaning time. L

SugP
02-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Send them to Victoria! (http://www.uvic.ca/) Fabulous climate. Shorts in April. Shorts in October. The city has no snow plow. It's where I went and just look at what became of me. :coffee: One of my nieces is almost 13 and very cute. Can they wait a few years to get married?

Kiwonk
02-04-2005, 03:28 PM
kiwi---do you use the fudge recipe that calls for icing sugar???i need to know what recipe you use---and you still haven't tole me how you make your chicken soup taste so good-----i WANT to see your pictures!!!!send them now!!!---i was shooting into the sun :D :D .No way -- into the sun? The fudge recipe is the one on the marshmallow fluff container. Plain sugar, evaporated milk, butter, and marshmallow fluff, cooked in a pan. Then you add chocolate chips, vanilla and pinch of salt. For some reason it doesn't come out the same as my mother's using the same recipe -- hers doesn't harden 100% -- you can still cut it into solid squares, but it doesn't break or have crumbs if you know what I mean. Maybe she uses margarine instead of butter. Mine isn't exactly a miracle of cooking, believe me; it tends to break up if it dries too much, but it tastes good.

As far as the chicken soup, it doesn't sound any different from yours. What I usually do is take a chicken that was roasted and still has about 2 cups of meat on it. I pull off the meat and set it aside, then throw the rest of the carcass into a pot, including skin. Cover it with about 3 quarts or so of water, plus an onion sometimes with skin, a stalk of celery and a carrot, a dozen or so peppercorns and a bay leaf. Sometimes garlic, and salt when I don't forget. I simmer that for at least an hour and then remove everything and strain the broth. I pick off any remaining meat from the bones or that fell off, and throw everything else away. For the soup, I add diced onion and celery, sliced carrots, and rice or barley usually, simmer it until it's all cooked, add the chicken back in and season it. Done. I have some good recipes that include stuff like marjoram and so on, but mostly I ignore them.

My best piece of advice for chicken soup? Don't strain the broth down the sink.

Good grief I'm so tired of seeing DH sit on the couch with the TV on plinking on a guitar. He went to the doctor the other day and got a nicotine patch and anti-depressants. I swear if I catch him smoking I will likely lose my **** altogether. So yesterday he came home early I swear to god "with the sniffles". And today he didn't go in at all, but he got up 5 minutes after I did so he could be in the way anyway. And now he's plinking on the couch. I think maybe I'll take DD shopping after school; I don't think I can stay around here without losing my temper. I feel like telling him to "go outside and play."

Kiwi

Wabby
02-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Kiwi, I stayed home with "the sniffles" this morning. Actually it had nothing to do with sniffles. Sometimes I just can't stand the thought of going to work. Maybe it's the same w/ the DH. I couldn't stay gone the whole day - ppl want paychecks.

Lush, I'm crushed. I suspected you of two timing w/ cleanie friends. Why can't you hang with them and us???? We miss you. Tell us what's new besides the dentist and the clean house. Tell me what color to paint my bedroom. It's yellow and I hate it. I loved it when it was new, but now it's dirty and I'd rather paint than scrub walls. I'm thinking dirt beige because that way it would stay looking new. We don't do the Super Bowl at our house. DH will be fishing instead. He played football in high school and I think that was enough for him. He has no interest in watching other ppl play sports of any kind, and I'm afraid I feel the same way, unless our friend's adorable children are playing. I feel really sad missing all the Super Bowl food, though.

It's horrible to admit, but I'm hoping my sis in law in Phoenix has gotten as old and haggard as I have. Of course she hasn't as she's always been tiny and stylish and adorable. I haven't seen her in about 5 years - geez, I can't believe that much time has gone by. I have a new middle aged ailment to complain about - it's called Mortons Neuroma and it makes my right foot cramp and hurt like crazy. The Dr. wants to cut into the bottom of my foot and cut it out. Youch!! I'm going to limp along as long as I can stand it. I really, really hate getting old. I'm falling apart.

I'm planning a fun filled Bunco weekend, cows. See you monday!

PainterWoman
02-05-2005, 01:26 AM
Wabby-- isn't it illegal to cut into the bottom of somebody's foot? Owie. Makes acupunture sound attractive... And y'all writing about food... especially fudge when I'm back on the wagon. Maybe if I do and clean the cat box, I'll get over the cravings for chocolate!

I had a good day. except for earning money. That was pretty skimpy. Oddly, staying OP, and meeting with friends, and not creating more entropy-related chaos is compensation enough. At least for today.
Oh, and I sketched a sketch or two. Who knows, I might actually paint in the morning!! TTYSOON.

Kiwonk
02-05-2005, 09:55 AM
Kiwi, I stayed home with "the sniffles" this morning. Actually it had nothing to do with sniffles. Sometimes I just can't stand the thought of going to work. By all means! We're allowed to do that. DH, however, should go to work.

So, DD and I hit the road and went shopping for her birthday present. Got her a new pair of cross-country ski boots. Hopefully she'll get lots of use out of them. Got myself a new pair of poles while we were at it. Then we went shopping for underwear and hose, with the money we got back from returning DH's Christmas sweater. :lol: And finally we went out to dinner. Love doing the girlie trip now and then. Just wish I had more $$ to do it with these days!

Well, DH and I are off to a home show. Maybe quitting smoking is inspiring him on the housing front; that would be an excellent thing.

Tata
Kiwi

Lohani
02-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Kiwi, your poor dh. It has been 23 years since I quit smoking. It was the most difficult thing I ever did. I don't think they had antidepressants then...or I would have needed them. It felt like a nervous breakdown. I used nicorette gum for a couple of weeks then came off the gum all by myself for a week at the MGM in Reno, Nevada. It was horrible. It took 6 months to lose the feeling that the top of my head was going to blow off any minute. I was a pretty heavy smoker.. 3 packs a day.
Wabby, I'm not friends with the cleanies....I promise. I just post a list and post what I do. If YOU GUYS would clean with me, I would be happier to do it with you, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You guys are reformed. They don't like me and no one talks to me.
I've strained the broth down the sink...I thought I was the only one.
My fudge doesn't come out like my mother's either. It crumbles. I think it is because it cools unevenly.

I must go take ds to friend's house to to sci fair...bye

Kiwonk
02-05-2005, 10:43 PM
I was a pretty heavy smoker.. 3 packs a day. ........
I've strained the broth down the sink...I thought I was the only one.
My fudge doesn't come out like my mother's either. It crumbles. Wow, 3 packs--that would be really tough to kick. I used to smoke about a pack a day. I quit 2 weeks before I turned 30. Unfortunately, DH has been smoking all these nearly 20 years since as well as a few years before that. He's had one today, but he was pretty good otherwise -- we spent most of the day in the car and tromping through model houses, and he barely even drove me crazy :crazy: :lol:

I can't remember if I've strained broth down the drain myself or watched my mother do it, but every time I make broth, I'm convinced that I'm going to do that, and I get very paranoid. Once several years ago when we were having a holiday dinner at some friends' house, DD was asked to drain a can of olives and put them in a bowl. She poured them into the strainer right in the middle of the kitchen over the floor. It was the funniest thing; we still give her a hard time about it.

Wabbit, is this neuroma thing a lump or just a pain? Why can't these things just go away by themselves? Life is not fair. Maybe your lovely relaxing spa visit will convince this Morton twit that you are too young and fabulous to torture and it will leave.

DH is now torturing his guitar (and my ears), and I don't mean just by playing it. He is twanging on the strings like he needs to hit something (which no doubt he does :smoking: ). Think I'll stay here in the den where it's safe.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
02-06-2005, 12:22 AM
I for one am not a reformed cleaner. DH says my inability to put ANYTHING away is just a "cute character flaw" (he exaggerates about the ALWAYS as well as the cuteness).
I once put water in a pan where the sauteeing garlic was getting too hot too fast. Had hot oil spatter all over me AND the kitchen. Was a mess. Don't aspire to broth, so have never poured it through the strainer inappropriately.
I've made divinity on a humid day that was SO tough you could have set bricks with it.
Hope you know that I'm your friend, but maybe NOT the best domestic role model
I'm glad my DH can hammer something in his workshop when he's cranky. Having to listen to tortured-guitar could be up there with the Twinkie Defense, don't you think?

SugP
02-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Still recovering from a forced march through the woods today in freezing cold weather, aka "family walk". It was dh's idea and no one really wanted to go but I figured I sure wasn't going to get any more energetic by lying around on the couch all day like I'd originally planned so we stomped around the forest and breathed in fresh air 'til we couldn't stand it any more.

Lush may hang out with those cleanies, but she still love us best. Painty, did you know that this group origally started out at "Messies Anonymous"? So we've all been domestically challenged for a looooong time.

I don't think I've actually done the broth down the drain thing, but I get paranoid too thinking that I might. My specialty is leaving stuff in the microwave or (turned off) oven overnight and then discovering the remains in the morning. Nice.

We just got this huge, giant electricity bill and can't figure out how we could possibly use that much. Of course it's All My Fault, as usual, but now we've got a sort of monitoring thing on some stuff to see what's sucking up so much juice.

Kiwonk
02-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Ah, tromping through the woods--isn't that a proper German thing to do! Ja.

Oh yes, we have a family tradition of leaving things cooked in the microwave. DH sometimes leaves his oatmeal in there in the morning. That's nice and hard by dinnertime. It's too bad to get old and forget what you were going to eat, isn't it? :lol:

Speaking of eating, we got back a little while ago from the in-law family dinner for DD's birthday (she'll be 17 on Wednesday -- isn't that unbelievable?? :fr: ) I am so stuffed I can't move. Lasagna, birthday cake, good lord it's too much my frail little frame to deal with HHHAAAHHAHAHHALOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLO as we used to say.

Super Bowl in an hour. Not sure why, but I guess I'll watch. Supposed to be cheering for the Patriots. Lush and I can compete on who virtually cheers loudest. :rolleyes:

:cheer: :cheer: :coach: :cheer: :cheer:GO PATS GO!

Not that I care really.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
02-06-2005, 06:30 PM
I once put water in a pan where the sauteeing garlic was getting too hot too fast. Had hot oil spatter all over me AND the kitchen. OWWWW! :eek:
I'm glad my DH can hammer something in his workshop when he's cranky. Having to listen to tortured-guitar could be up there with the Twinkie Defense, don't you think?Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure. Fortunately today he seems to have calmed down a bit. Actually working on his sailboat. Hmm. Good thing, this non-smoking? Hope so.

:cheer:RAH RAH REE KICK 'EM IN THE KNEE :dancer:
RAH RAH RASS :dancer:KICK 'EM IN THE OTHER KNEE:cheer:

Kiwi

PainterWoman
02-07-2005, 02:03 AM
Patriot Victory!!!
And that cute little piggy wanting to be a Clydesdale. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Almost ready for a new week. The weekend was tooo short. I would really enjoy being retired and just playing. My puritan work ethic has clearly evaporated totally.-- and yet I'm in the "French" camp when it comes to the Babette's Feast attitudes.

Ewe... there is a buzzing fly pop-up add that is EVEN MORE ANNOYING than the tight jeans butt was. Short post as a result. Have LOTS of books to read and knitting projects... WHY do I have to go to work and be productive?
Don't answer that... I'm pretty sure my kharmic balance is out of whack!!

Lohani
02-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Superbowl Update:
I feel so bad for Donovan McNabb. I really don't care about the team as an institutuion, per se, but the players seem very nice and McNabb's mom is so sweet. I was happy Paul was not my favorite Beatle because he just plain isn't cool, though "Drive My Car" was a good choice. Gretchen Wilson is a skank, isn't she? Black Eyed Peas should have done "Get it Started." I feel I ate too much...I should have skipped the bread.
Poor Sugar, being forced to commune with nature is worse than having to watch a football game. What we do for these men.
Wabby, I always love you guys best. I just can't keep my house straight without posting lists.
I have to go see if ds14 is sick. He hates to stay home from school because he hates to make up his work... but he was sick, sick, sick last night.
Have a good week. L

Cowpernia
02-07-2005, 12:05 PM
I didn't watch it. I am uncool.

Kiwi, send me an email. I'm at work and don't have your address.

Kiwonk
02-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Superbowl Update:
I feel so bad for Donovan McNabb. I really don't care about the team as an institutuion, per se, but the players seem very nice and McNabb's mom is so sweet. I was happy Paul was not my favorite Beatle because he just plain isn't cool, though "Drive My Car" was a good choice. Gretchen Wilson is a skank, isn't she? Black Eyed Peas should have done "Get it Started." I feel I ate too much...I should have skipped the bread.
Boo Hoo. Brady was hot. Although Sorry to McNabb's mom. Mom's should always get all kinds of credit.

I thought Paul Mc did a pretty creditable job for an old guy :s: . And I totally agree with you on Wilson. Didn't catch BYPs, I was too busy posting :cheers:
:lol:

Gotta run. It's music day. Although almost everyone is sick apparently; we're going all the way over there for only one lesson.

Ta

Kiwi

Bagzz
02-07-2005, 05:44 PM
hey tankasauri-------i was in Nova Scotia at the craft and gift wholesale show all weekend buying {ordering } stuff for the SHOP----does anyone know when i will be getting the shop because i am tired of waiting to find out----- i better be getting it cause i ordered 5000 dollars worth of pottery,jewellery candles and soap---------EFF. thanks for the soup tips darlings-----WORD on the strainer problems {at alot of the message boards i visit they say "WORD" if they agree with your post.HAHAHAH---they think they are so cool-----------------they obviously don't know HHs HHS HHS====my sister is flying to Hong Kong for a week-----business----her babysitter just called and tole me she has been ordered to bed with Double Pneumonia----it seems i may be doing more than whining about my shop this week....................

Cowpernia
02-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Bling Bling

www.urbandictionary.com

Cowpernia
02-07-2005, 06:12 PM
tru dat

Wabby
02-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Lush, you can post your housecleaning list here. I post my Leslie mileage (or lack of) here. By the way, no Leslie today. I've been feeling soooooo tired lately. Last night (4:30 am) our doggies started barking, and I told DH "I think someone is knocking on the front door", to which he replyed "no they aren't, SHUT UP Dotty! (the dog, not me), but there was someone knocking at the door. It was a man who said that he'd chased a prowler down our driveway and would we mind if he pursued him? Of course, there is nothing more exciting than a prowler in the night to DH and our Dotty dog, so they went off prowler hunting. I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. They didn't catch anyone, but I think the prowler might have known the neighbor's teenage daughter.

Bagzie, what kind of soaps have you purchased for your shop? Will you post pictures so we can shop online?

I didn't watch the Super Bowl. I watched some of the Supper Bowl on the food network. I've got my priorities straight. Did Paul M have any wardrobe malfunctions?

DH traded in our motorhome on a used but ten years newer motorhome. Supposedly if we have a newer one we will use it more. Ha.

Did you realize that Wabby, Sugar, Lush, Bags, Kiwi, Paint, and Peaches are listed in the Urban dictionary,did I leave anyone out? Peaches is not going to like her definition. :o

Bagzie, I have a pink rhody blooming. purdy.

Sugar, I bet you all looked just like the Von Trapp family in Sound of Music. Oh yeah, they were Austrian.

Kiwonk
02-07-2005, 10:46 PM
I'm pretty sure they chose Paul because he wouldn't be having any wardrobe malfunctions. He wore a long sleeved red jersey. If his face didn't look sort of his age, you could have believed he was in his twenties.
Did you realize that Wabby, Sugar, Lush, Bags, Kiwi, Paint, and Peaches are listed in the Urban dictionary,did I leave anyone out? Peaches is not going to like her definition.As in "Gotta love her Peaches, wanta shake her tree"??

Do I have to go look? I was just there at the urban dictionary yesterday checking on the definition of dooced, which of course originates with my favorite blogger, who I actually have been reading since before she got dooced and the word was coined. Well, I'll surf on over there and check out our names right after I register for 52 weeks of Manolo Blahnik shoes at Godiva. Although what I'd do with pointy shoes I do not know. Sell them on eBay I guess. :dunno:

Whew, don't ever order a "roasted garlic" pizza. I had one the other day at a restaurant called Evo. You could get raw garlic or roasted garlic. I was thinking roasted would be better until I started eating it. I'd forgotten what roasted garlic is like--I was thinking minced and sauteed or something. But I've done it myself, roasting the whole bulb. It makes the garlic sort of mushy. They put all these whole cloves of mushy garlic all over the pizza under the cheese so you didn't find them until you bit into one. I mean it wasn't vile, but I wouldn't get it again. And the gas, oh my lord the gas. :o

Bagz, I'm so excited about your store. Hope you don't actually have to open the shop while your sis is in Hong Kong, that might be more than one person could humanly attempt. Good luck!

Kiwi

Kiwonk
02-07-2005, 11:11 PM
2. kiwi
a very hott, short, cute, sexy, chick with an awesome body and personalityWell, that makes sense...

Wabby
02-08-2005, 01:32 PM
This makes total sense too......

1. Wabbit
"standard" Scots word meaning exhausted, tired, worn out, etc..
Ah wiz wabbit after clearin'-oot ma gearden o' all thon leaves.

Wabby
02-08-2005, 01:41 PM
gotta headache this morning. Not a horrible bad one, it's just there.

I bought paint for our guest room and our bedroom. Guest room is kind of peachy-terracotta color. 'Warm Praline'. and my bedroom is going to be 'Classic Taupe'. I know you've all been worrying about that.

Thanks for the heads up on the garlic pizza, Kiwi. My fridge was reeking of garlic this weekend. Someone hadn't put the lid on tight on the leeeeeetle jar of minced garlic. Whew!! potent stuff. Can't live without it though.

Just found out Grandpa Jim is diabetic. Guess he'll have to knock off drinking a 6 pack of Coke every day. We go to the dietician next week.

Kiwonk
02-08-2005, 03:42 PM
6 Cokes a day! No wonder he's a diabetic!

I haven't done any exercise since DD dragged me out skiing a week ago. She wants to go today; I don't want to. I have to go shopping. Food trumps exercise, especially in this house. Nobody really cares if I exercise as long as they get fed.

Ta. I'm so boring.

Kiwi

SugP
02-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Today is Pancake Tuesday and I forgot to make any. Tomrrow is Ash Wednesday and we must all give up something for Lent. Being good Catholics and all. When I was at U Vic there were two Portuguese girls who always gave up chocolate and they were absolute basket cases by Easter, poor things.

Have I mentioned lately how d*mn fat I am? This is getting ridiculous. Someone motivate me. Poor Leslie is gathering dust.

Yesterday all the kids in Germany got dressed up and celebrated Mardi Gras at school. Ds11 was an alien gardener - something he thought up himself. Overalls, plaid shirt, gardening gloves, a green face and antennae with eyes on the end. Can you picture it? I told him he'd probably win a prize for the most creative costume but he said he didn't think so, because the judges, the school principal and the librarian, were sort of serious Ancient Greece classical education types. So I said "Oh, well then maybe you should go as Socrates." to which he replied, "Soccer-who?" :lol:

Cowpernia
02-08-2005, 04:00 PM
answers.com says Synonyms: smasher, stunner, knockout, beauty, ravisher, sweetheart, lulu, looker, mantrap, dish

I am giving up something for Lent but it's a secret. In case, I fail.

Cowpernia
02-08-2005, 04:01 PM
DS is studying So-crates now. Our lives are so similar.

SugP
02-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Maybe we're twins?

Bagzz
02-08-2005, 04:12 PM
HEY GUYS!!--THE MARKET PEOPLE HAVE APPROVED ME!!! Finally i can think about getting rolling--------wabby--the soaps are in fruit flavours i think and some are more classic------i got "soy" candles in tins cause they don't have petroleum in them and supposedly burn cleaner {we'll see}---i got LOTS of pottery mugs---i love them myself and hope others will too!!!! gotta go make a birthday supper for the ole man---he' 44 today----------back over to sleep at the Hong Kong Orhans house tonight {nice house though----sis has really nice Lancome creams !!! i am being LAVISH!!!} xoxoxoxoExcercise???? who ever heard of that?????

Cowpernia
02-08-2005, 05:21 PM
YOu old bat. What are you giving up for Lent? Swearing?

Kiwonk
02-08-2005, 06:00 PM
When I was at U Vic there were two Portuguese girls who always gave up chocolate and they were absolute basket cases by Easter, poor things. Ohmygod Sugar, you are so funny! Re-read that sentence, it's a mine-field of puns.

Should I give up something for Lent? Seeing's how I'm not Catholic or even remotely religious? What should I give up that won't make me a basket case! Maybe late night snacks. or Cheese. That would be tough. Oo I know! Abstinence! :lol:
Have I mentioned lately how d*mn fat I am? Yeah, me too. I've started avoiding some of my pants. Not good.
Ds11 was an alien gardener - something he thought up himself. Overalls, plaid shirt, gardening gloves, a green face and antennae with eyes on the end. :lol:What a character!!

And just what are those synonyms for? Cowpernia?

:hb: to the Bagzpouse. Although I really don't see why he has to be younger than me. Congrats on the shop approval!! I'm sure it will all come together beautifully!

I'm being so good. I'm eating an orange. And I'm going to make vegetable soup for dinner. I bought some salmon filets and baby spinach for tomorrow's DD birthday dinner. She just informed me that she will have to rehearse for show choir after school till 4 and be back at school at 6:30 for pep band and rehearse again after the game. So apparently birthday dinner will be held between 4:30 and 6 PM. Good thing she spent all day Saturday with her friends. 4 of them have birthdays around the same time and they had 2 consecutive parties. Do you think I should have been concerned that she took a blanket to the second party? :chin:

Later alligators
Kiwi

Wabby
02-08-2005, 08:13 PM
We need a new thread. Someone think of something witty.

PainterWoman
02-09-2005, 12:27 AM
Mind is in fog. Glad you all are wide awake, active and funny.
I wish I had a cute little shop to shop in... Baggz, you'll be a smash, I'm sure.

That urban dictionary is toooo hip for me. Although I did relate to paint eating monkey... sigh.

Thread suggestions:
Cows who milk it for all it's worth
Cheesy cows
Queasy cheesy cows
Bovine Bling bling
Bovine Lenten devotions
Penitential Cows
40 days and 40 nights of cows in the wilderness