Support Groups - Sanctuary - #3 Everyone Welcome

View Full Version : Sanctuary - #3 Everyone Welcome

LuckyLadyBug
01-20-2005, 01:54 PM
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Welcome/welcome20sparkles20with20violets.gif

What we really want in a weight loss support group, boiled down to one concept; we are looking for a sanctuary.

Sanctuary means different things to different people. Sanctuary is a place of peace, rest, safety, and rejuvenation. It keeps our spirit and our sanity intact.

Many of us who have a long journey down the weight loss path find ourselves in need of a break. Sometimes our bodies crave it, and sometimes the choice isn’t ours, but circumstance forces it upon us. Other times, we need the clamoring throng to cheer us along our way as we breeze past milestones and overcome obstacles.

Sanctuary can be all that as well. It is what you need and when you need it. Sanctuary can be found in good friends who aren’t afraid of your truths and in an open, honest atmosphere.

Sanctuary isn’t judgmental, neither does it discriminate or ask to be censured. It is open to anyone with a desire to share, and especially those in need of and willing to offer support.

LuckyLadyBug
01-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Geez, I started the new thread at work and was that a fiaso.

It would keep locking up on me, then throwing me back out - I couldn't tell where I was or if I was posting or not, hence the changes. I had to try to type from memory on the name of the thread - missed the "new thread" part :sorry:

Anyway, they are predicting snow tomorrow - I sort of wish it would be bad in the morning so I could just stay home. I could use some extra time off.

So, what was the decision - 2 pounds in two weeks from Jan 24th to Feb 7th?

Who's in: (copy & paste the list and add yours)

Lucky

I will be back later.

:kickcan:

lucky
01-20-2005, 07:24 PM

Lucky
Jawsmom

Yea! I got my scale back and I've lost 2 lbs since I weighed last. So, I am psyched for our challenge. Do we track the loss individually or do we combine all of our weights and see what the group as a whole loses? Or both? I've never done one of these before (obviously).

Snow, Lucky? My goodness - we were at 65 degrees this afternoon and it was an beautiful day. The problem is that it goes from cold to hot here in no time. My laundry hamper is half full of shorts and half full of sweaters. I wouldn't know a REAL season if it bit me on the rear.

I am doing really well on my plan. I don't know why this happens but I've just gotten to a point that I'm tired enough of all of the planning that NOTHING seems worth all the measuring and weighing and I just sort of lose my appetite. Under the circumstances that is a good thing. But, alas, it never lasts.

I've just about decided that it is time to join a gym for some official exercise. I do pretty well working out at home, walking, etc. But I'm not seeing as much physical improvement as I would like. I had gotten down to about 150 a couple of years ago and I remember when I had hit the 175 range (close to where I am now). I had worked out daily at the gym back then and there is a HUGE difference between 180 with lots of exercise and 180 with only a moderate amount of exercise. I had hoped to get away without joining again because I hate the idea of paying for something that I can do for free. But, I've decided that actually going to the gym has enough of a mental impact on that I feel a bit more motivated overall. Plus $40 a month on a gym membership leaves me with 40 less dollars to spend on cake (or chips, or fast food, whatever I'm craving that month). I think I'll call around tomorrow and see if anybody is running a special.

I hope you all had a succesful day and I look forward to our challenge.

LuckyLadyBug
01-20-2005, 09:08 PM
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Congratulations/congratsmotiontrail.gif

Tricia:You are my new hero - you are doing so well.

Do we track the loss individually or do we combine all of our weights and see what the group as a whole loses? Or both? I've never done one of these before (obviously).

I will volunteer to keep track of our pounds lost as a group - its my way of making myself PAY ATTENTION!!!! That is my big downfall in many areas - I have great intentions but once my day gets started I "forget"! :mad: Life seems to just take over and I don't stop and remind myself of my "good" intentions.

So, on Feb 6/7th post your loss and I will keep track and add them all up for our total two week loss. Okay?????

I am blaming the weather but my fibro is rearing it's ugly head - I have hurt a lot all week and am tired of it.

Off to relax for a while - I think I need some "rice sock" therapy.

Night all.

southern gal
01-20-2005, 10:37 PM

Lucky
Jawsmom
Laura

Hi everyone!
Another hectic day (aren't they all?). My para pro at school is after me to get together stuff for next year. My building is being renovated this summer and everything in our room has to be packed up and moved out before the last day of school. We will probably start back late, have to go Saturdays to make up days, and will come in with the kids instead of having any pre-planning time. We've been told that our stuff, including the furniture, will most likely be delivered to our classroom the day the kids come in. So my para keeps telling me to get everything we will need for the first month and she will copy, laminate, etc so we will at least have something to start the year with. She is right of course, but trying to teach now and get stuff together for next year is difficult! :eek: OK, I'm whining...I hate it when I do that!

Enough about my junk-

Jawsmom: I have loved your scale saga but I'm glad you got it back in time for the challenge!

Barb PA: Green smilie faces? At least you can laugh over it and hey, if that's what it takes...! I hope everything goes well for you!

Lucky: I've only caught a few episodes of Lost (choir on Wednesdays :( ) but it is a really cool show. I'll catch it when it comes out on DVD or they re-run it on another night. Nora Roberts is great reading - everytime she does a trilogy, it drives me nuts until the next book comes out!

Skittles: Rhys' name came straight out of a book (Sidney Sheldon's Bloodline to be exact! Did I tell you I love to read?...) but I loved the spelling of it (and the Sidney Sheldon's Rhys was a fabulous character!).

Kat: Nice quote! Maybe everyone can make it till spring!

Chris: I like the Walk Away the Pounds tapes and use them sometimes on rainy days. I do scrapbooking too but don't have as much time to work on it as I would like. I found that last summer, if I left all my stuff strown out on the dining room table, I actually got a lot done - 1 page at a time ;) . So what if I had a messy dining room? No one eats in there...

Tony: Believe it or not, my youngest son had a Betta that lived for a couple of years! He must have taken great care of that fish...

Andria: Forget your fear of gaining the weight back. You have come so far and are doing great! You are going to make it to that weight you saw 14 years ago!!! Hang in there! :strong:

Hope I didn't miss anyone! If I did, I apologize and will catch you later. I need some sleep...my para pro will have me hunting through stuff again tomorrow...

Laura

katrinabgood
01-21-2005, 09:50 AM
Lovely day today...if you don't mind 15 degrees...at least it's sunny! :flow2: Tomorrow we're supposed to get a bit of snow.

I got my batteries for my scale, so I'll count my Monday morning weight, and give myself a chance to let this bloat move on! With that in mind, I'll add myself to the list:

2 LBS IN 2 WEEKS CHALLENGE (2x2) 1/24-2/7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lucky
Jawsmom
Laura
Kat

I like Monday morning weighing...tends to keep me honest over the weekend! Well, theoretically. :shrug:

I have to get to the post office. We're getting invitations out this week for the folks' 50th anniversary party. You'll probably be hearing me yammering about this for the next couple of months. That and our upcoming trip to Playa del Carmen, Mexico! Ole! Which means I have that much MORE incentive to get my arse in gear and get this weight loss moving at a more expedient pace!

So many things I need to discuss...like Lost, for instance! Great show!

Oh! And! Lucky has graciously volunteered to keep track of our losses during the challenge, so I will offer my services as :drill: to keep us motivated and on track!! SO LOOK OUT! :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill:

Okay, gotta run!

qsilver
01-21-2005, 03:39 PM
Hey everyone :)

Sorry to not have been here as much the last few days. I've been struggling to stay out of a funk and had a lot of outside pressures on me. Yesterday it seemed to break. The sun was shining, it was almost 65 outside, and I had a terrific physical therapy session. After the session I went to WI and was up 1.5 lbs., but you know, it didn't dump me in the toilet mentally. I was surprised it wasn't a loss, but I know it will be there next week. My validation wasn't coming from a scale. :)

I haven't slept yet, so I'm a little groggy for replies right now. Wanted to let you all know that I loved the bios, though! And I like both BarbG and Lucky's ideas for how to keep track of the bios. :)

2 LBS IN 2 WEEKS CHALLENGE (2x2) 1/24-2/7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lucky
Jawsmom
Laura
Kat
Andria

Going to go get some rest now! Take care, everyone :)

Andria

LuckyLadyBug
01-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Well, for those that have been through winter with me before - I have been shoveling!!!!!

We finally got snow - then rain so that stuff is HEAVY.

Off to get dry and eat - will reply then. :) http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Valentine's/heartbaloons.gif

lucky
01-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Hello, everybody! I had another good day today - got in plenty of exercise. It was a beautiful day, sunny and 70 degrees so I made my way to the park and hit the walking trail. DH took the day off and he hung out with the kids while I took a short nap this afternoon. I swear, I miss naps more than I do chips and chocolate. It was a real treat for me.
I've been really determined to lose weight this time around. I won't go so far as to say it has been easy but it really hasn't been as painful as it has been in the past. I don't know what is different but I sure hope it sticks, whatever it is.
My sister had a heart attack a few months ago. She is and always has been a skinny minnie - probably has never seen a day over 115 lbs. and is really very fit all around. But she has inherited the high blood pressure and cholesterol problems that plagued my gradparents. Somehow, despite my weight, I am as healthy as a horse. My cholesterol has been high but is completely self-inflicted. I don't have a problem normalizing it through diet. I think when she had to have the stint put in her heart it scared me. Obviously I was afraid for her but, once she was well I couldn't shake how lucky I am not to have those problems genetically. Then it hit me that I was completely STUPID to be taking that luck for granted. If I were to die of heart disease at an early age it would be all my fault. That opened my eyes and is probably what is driving me this time.
I hope everyone is doing well and feeling good. I am sooooo psyched for our challenge. I just know we are all going to do GREAT! It is so nice having a group of such nice people sharing a common goal. Hmmm, that is probably part of the difference for me this time too. I owe you guys a big thank you!
Well, I'm off to flip the chicken - we are BBQing tonight. Of course, I had to take the skin off of mine - but I'll survive. I usually don't like that part anyway. Maybe now that it is officially "forbidden fruit" is making it seem more appealing than usual. LOL.
Hope you all had a fabulous day!

southern gal
01-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm glad all of you seem to be in good spirits! I always am on Fridays!!! Hooray, I get to sleep late tomorrow...I don't mind working, it's the getting up I can't stand!

Kat, what a great incentive! A trip to Mexico sounds wonderful...we never get any further than the soccer fields with the boys schedules. I envy you. And I know you are going to look just great!

Andria, glad your physical therapy session went well. Keep up the great attitude about the fluctuations in your weight loss. I really think that makes all the difference.

Lucky, look at it this way - snow shoveling has to be great exercise! Being a Southern Gal, I wouldn't know. We never have snow...wait take it back. My principal has arranged for a snow blower to turn my school into a "Winter Wonderland" for all the effort the kids did in raising money for the tsunami survivors. I may get to see snow yet!

Jawsmom, we had 70 degree temps today too. It was wonderful! I kept my class out way past our appointed outside time just because I was enjoying it so much! That is really scary about your sister. But you are making sure something good comes out of it by getting healthier yourself. Keep being an inspiration to the rest of us!

I'm really feeling proud of myself today. Junk food/Fast food is one of my biggest downfalls but I made it through 2 opportunites to blow it today. We always order out on Fridays at school (Chick Fil A delivers to us!). I looked up all the calorie counts and actually made healthy choices! Then I get home and my DH nixed my dinner plans because he and the boys were having junk food withdrawals. They wanted Captain D's and again, I actually made healthy choices. Feeling good about my day was well worth skipping the normal junk I eat from those kinds of places!

I'm gearing up for our Monday weigh in and look forward to the challenge! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Laura

katrinabgood
01-22-2005, 10:07 AM
All this talk of 70 degrees is making me jealous! They're talking 12-20 inches of snow for us in this neck of the woods. I feel like I'm up in Lucky country! Dh did give me a rundown on how to operate the snowblower, since he has to go in to work early. He'll be taking my 4wd and leaving me his Honda Civic...not generally noted for their performance in blizzard conditions! I'm scheduled to work tonight, but now I'm not sure I'll be going in. Dilemma: If I wait for them (the hospital) to pick me up... :p...I may never get home in the morning! Plus that will leave my son home alone in a huge storm....I may have to wheel and deal an exchange for the day shift or something. :chin:

jawsmom...You make a great point about taking your good health for granted. I've been lucky so far too, I know that I am tempting fate by courting all the possible diseases that obesity can bring on. Time to put a stop to that.

Laura...Sounds like you've made some great, conscientious decisions, even in the face of all those fast food choices! Atta girl! Hmmmph...another one with the 70 degrees! I'll be thinking of you Southern gals later, when I'm outside shoveling and freezing!

Andria...Amazing what a little sunshine and some physical activity will do to keep the funk at bay! Sorry about the gain, but maybe it's all that muscle you're building! At any rate...you've got a great attitude about it. I was impressed by these words: My validation wasn't coming from a scale. :cp: :cp:

Lucky...So, how's the shoveling? Are you still getting snow?

Skittles...How about your part of the world? Lots o' snow for you too?

BarbPa...In the snow belt also...Stay warm!

Tony's down in Texas with BarbG, so I know that you all are escaping this funky weather too.

I was out and about at 6:30 this am, as I dropped my son off to his fellow Scouts for their Klondike Derby. I wasn't sure if they needed more drivers, so I dressed for the weather. The temp, at that time was about 10. Thanks be, they had enough drivers, so I didn't have to go! So, I headed on over to the grocery store bright and early, as did everyone else in town! I've been to the post office and now I should be done running around. It's already starting to snow, they said not until noon. Oh well. It's just prettily swirling down now, slowly working it's way up to raging blizzard status!

I'd better get a move on here. Gonna make some soup and homemade bread (well, bread machine) for hubby to bring to work.

Have a great Saturday everyone. Start thinking about Monday's challenge! Write down what you plan to do to achieve that 2lb loss. Plan your work and work your plan as my mom always said!

later...

LuckyLadyBug
01-22-2005, 11:04 AM
YUCK!!! I have snow drifts everywhere.

The wind was so bad last night I got the power companies phone number, my cell phone and my winter survival kit from the car and put them all by my bed!!!!

Luckily, :lucky: didn't need them.

It is still blowing but seems "nicer" in the light. It the dark of night it is spooky!!!! No wonder I have stress!!!

I have to get some cleaning/organizing done in my laundry, computer, library room and then get back here to post!!!

YIPPEE I see sun trying to break through. Posting to all of you is bringing me good luck!!!!!

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Valentine's/heartsoutofabox.gif

chrily
01-22-2005, 11:11 AM
If you want to label anyone MIA...it would be me. I have so many things to keep track of on here sometimes I forget to check in with you.

We are almost done with our fireplace. My husband put the grout on the tiles and the last thing to do is stain the wood and seal it. It looks good considering it was a first time job for both of us. Next is sanding the sheetrock, then priming, and painting.

For all of you~Last week we were doing -15 degrees. This week we haven't gotten lower than 41. So all the snow we had gotten is melted off. I'm just waiting for the next wave of snow to hit. WOnder when that will be?

No time for personals...plus I don't know you guys all that well so I'm still trying to figure out who everyone is. :) The only one's I'm familiar with are Jawsmom and Ageoldie.

~chris

Skittles
01-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Well blow me down, into the soft fluffy white stuff that keeps falling from the sky and filled my truck bed and covered my car so that I couldn't even find where I parked it. There is so much snow outside and we shoveled and less than an hour later there was more snow outside. It is suppose to keep snowing today, mostly lake affect snow now. But I can't believe how much snow there is. It hasn't snowed this much since..., well I can't remember. Of course, it would snow like this right after we buy a house and don't own a snowblower yet and we have to shovel. Have I rambled enough. See how much I am rambling, it was snowing a lot more than that. :lol:

Ok, well, I have to unpack today, I plan on getting all of my books unpacked and all of my knick knacks done today, so that will be about 30 boxes. Woo Hoo!

Lucky, hope you are surviving over there, Don't over do it shoveling, That stuff is hard.

Kat, is this stuff headed your way?

Jaws, I am a Duranie, I had it all plastered on my wall like a giant collage of lip gloss, big hair and 3 piece suits. :D I never got to see them live when I was a kid. So a year and a half ago when they first got back together, my husband took me to the House of Blues in Chicago, and I was less then 20 feet away from them, I could see the sweat and oh, it was the greatest thing ever, so much better than seeing them in an arena would have been. They are coming to Milwaukee on the 19th of March, I am planning on going to that, as long as it is at a small venue, and well as long as it isn't postponed since Roger broke his foot. Have you gotten the new album, it is wonderful. I'm sorry but I could talk for hours about them and the music and how they have affected my life. Who was your favorite? I am a Simon girl, even though I loved them all. ;)

Ok, I am back to being 36 again, out of 15 mode :lol:

It sounds like everyone is doing good. I will be doing great once I get all unpacked and find my bills :) So I am for now to get my projects for the weekend started, I have put a lot on my list, and that is because I can't stand looking at boxes.

Love you all,
Skittles

katrinabgood
01-22-2005, 03:00 PM
This 'stuff' is not only headed my way, Skittles, it is HERE! Those soft, swirly flakes I mentioned earlier quickly morphed into driving snow. It's not real wet though, so it's still easy to shovel. I just cleared off the cars, and helped dh get out and off to work. As quickly as I'd clear one side of the car, it was completely covered again before I'd clear the other side. It's nice though. So pretty and peaceful. A LOT warmer outside than it's been. We haven't gotten Lucky's wind from Minnesota yet...but this storm is supposed to last ALL NIGHT LONG. Yeah, I'm not going to work. I doubt there will be too many admissions tonight anyway.

My son's not home yet. I'm sure they're taking their time on the snowy roads, so I won't worry yet. YET...

He just called. All is well. *sigh of relief*

see you later, gators!

ljs1223
01-22-2005, 07:51 PM
Hello all! :wave:

Lucky emailed me and told me about the new thread, I just haven't had a single minute to myself to check it out until now. ;)

So much new here that I won't take the time to say a whole lot. Just wanted to pop in and say "hey" to everyone.

Lucky, are ya glad that it's not going to be as cold as it was last week?! It was -36.4* AIR TEMP, NOT wind chill, when I got up the one moring :fr: :eek: . We got about 6-7" of snow last night, though it's hard to tell with all the drifting. I'm sure ready for spring!!!!

Sorry that's all I have time for right now, gotta go scrap :D Have a wonderful weekend!

ageoldie
01-22-2005, 09:13 PM
I don't want to rub it in, but yesterday was top down weather here in Dallas.

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/200396/siggys/94-00stylingbart.jpghttp://home.ripway.com/2004-11/200396/siggys/barbg-valheartsfont.gif

LuckyLadyBug
01-22-2005, 10:17 PM
BarbG: Your NOT nice!!!! Wanna come up and visit?????

Lisa: It is good to see you post. I miss you. Us "cold" state people have to stick together!!!

We got the 6 inches of snow here too. When they came to plow today I was a wreck watching. He drove like a maniac. Zoom forward, zoom backwards - DON'T look where you are going!!!! :no:

Well, when he went over to my brothers he drove into his fire pit!!!! That will teach him - my brother had to pull him out!!!! :lol:

I am so happy the wind has quit - for now. I really hate that sound !

I shouldn't complain - I watched an Oprah show today with one of the Tsunami survivors - cried through most of it. I hate the wind here and there it was 2 to 3 times faster.

Well, one more day before the challange starts. Is everyone ready?????
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Valentine's/oncoucheatingchocolate.gif

katrinabgood
01-23-2005, 07:46 AM
DATE -1/22/05 (weird...I did this a year ago to the day! I may have to make a few modifications!)

USER NAME -Katrinabgood

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME -Katrina was a nickname at work, but it was taken here, so I added "b," (initial of a pet name dh gave me) ...THAT was taken...so I added "good," Like Johnny B Goode? Whatever.

REAL NAME -Kathleen

AGE -47..but so much less mature than those numbers would have you believe!

BIRTHDATE -7/3/57

WHERE YOU LIVE - NJ...the Garden State. Where the Sopranos live. Where Bruce Springsteen lives...(here, in this county as a matter of fact!) Home of the Miss America Pagaent. Where the Statue of Liberty is REALLY located.

SIGNIFICANT OTHER -Dan "the Man," aka "Thong Boy" to Lucky

ANNIVERSARY -7/30/83~ 21+ years of marital bliss...:love:

KIDS -2: daughter, 19, in her second year of college... son, my baby, is going to be 14 in Feb. next month. *sob*

PETS - a big, dumb, sweet chocolate Lab named Molly. I think she's getting a little senile!

OCCUPATION -Hospital unit secretary, night shift

STARTING WEIGHT -which time? Since I'm starting AGAIN, I'll use today's numbers...gulp...270.5...I'm almost at my all time high of 274...**when I first posted this bio, a year ago, I was 267 I'm ashamed to admit... :(

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - Weight Watchers...FOR REAL THIS TIME!

FAV. EXERCISE(S) -Walking, hiking, biking, swimming

FAV. NO-NO FOODS -Cookies, ice cream, chocolate.

FAV.BOOK(S) -So many! Patricia Cornwell, Stephen King, John Irving, Maeve Binchy, are some of my favorite authors. All of the Harry Potter books, Little Women, Gone With the Wind, Kathryn, by Anya Seton...so many more...

FAV. MOVIE(S) -In no particular order, these are movies I have watched many, many times and never tire of: Young Frankenstein, The Princess Bride, A League of Theiir Own, Dogma, Fargo, Casablanca, Forrest Gump, Gone With the Wind, Ghost, The Birdcage...

FAV. SONG(S) - Maggie May, Imagine, If Tomorrow Never Comes, most Beatles songs, most Springsteen songs...Depends upon my mood... I rarely have the TV on during the day, I put music on instead...I can be found listening to rock, country, Broadway show tunes, Irish music, blues, classical, even Gregorian Chant!

FAV. QUOTE -"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

katrinabgood
01-23-2005, 08:21 AM
Good Morning all!

Believe it or not, IT'S STILL SNOWING HERE! Dh is staying at work, he's not even going to try to get home. That leaves sonny boy and I to shovel all the white stuff! There must be two feet of snow out there waiting for us. I know you Southern gals are jealous! I guess we'll wait a little bit before we crank up the snow blower...give the neighborhood a chance to have their coffee. Heck, give ME a chance to have MY coffee!

Speaking of which...it's done....I'll be back!

HI LISA! Welcome aboard!!:wave:

lucky
01-23-2005, 11:09 AM
Good morning all. I am glad to read that everyone is doing well.

SouthernGal: Good job making all of the right choices. Chik fil A is a tough one to turn down. But, doing it is going to pay off for you in the end. I am the same as you -I am a sucker for fast food. I never was much of a snacker per say, unless you count a BK cheesburger a "snack". Well, I guess compared to the other meals I used to eat a cheesburger was relatively small. Ugh - I can't even think about that now (and by now I mean THIS second. I'm sure to have a craving or two before this is all over!).

Katrina: Well, I've seen the pictures of all of the snow you've gotten and it looks beautiful to me. I bet it isn't as pretty when you are actually buried in it. Spring is just around the corner though. What is funny is that if we get so much as a flurry down here, even if some of it sticks, it melts on the roads and turns to ice and the whole city has to shut down. Of course, it is cheaper to close everything down than it is to maintain the kind of equipment the state would need to clear the roads once every 2 years or so. But let me tell you, when the weatherman predicts ice you can't buy a loaf of bread within a 60 mile radius. People just rush out and stock up on necessities like a REAL blizzard is on the way. And 9 times out of ten the weatherman is wrong and everyone has to go to work the next day anyway. I bet homemade soup and bread really hit the spot with all of that snow coming down. And don't fool yourself - bread machine bread IS homemade. At least around my house it is! I assume your son made it home okay. I bet that is scary having kids out an about in weather like that.

Lucky: First of all, there aren't many episodes of Oprah that I don't cry through. I just think she is the greatest. I hope the sun finally stuck its head out for you. How did cleaning and organizing go for you? I need so desperately to do that myself but just can't motivate myself to do it. I don't remember where I saw it but I read a saying the other day that was, "Housework is like trying to thread beads on a string that doesn't have a knot tied in it" Oh, it is so true around here. I've said to Greg many of times that working was so much easier because I could at least make a to do list and cross things off as the day went by. Being at home is 24 hours of non stop laundry, picking up, cooking, etc. And that is with the kids and DH pitching in! I've always been the domestic type though so I don't mind it too much - it just gets daunting every now and then.

Chrily: Are you guys building a house or remodeling one? We built our first house and I really enjoyed the experience. We outgrew that one pretty soon after the twins were born though and bought a new one about a year ago. This one was built in 1990. It was so strange moving into a home that someone else has lived in but the floorplan was exactly what we wanted and was cheaper to buy the existing house than it was to build it from the ground up. Plus the lot is really big and all of the landscaping is mature. We've had lots of really beautiful new subdivisions being built in this area but they put these monster sized houses on such little lots. I swear, some of the houses we looked at I could have stuck my head out of the bathroom window and licked the neighbors brick! So, we bought this one and are just making some cosmetic changes. We've had the downstairs painting done and gotten new countertops. Our next project will be the floors downstairs. I haven't really figured out what I want though so we aren't in any hurry. I am leaning towards brick pavers or scored concrete or some sort of stone. Right now we have hardwood floors everywhere except for the kitchen so we may just refinish those and add it in the kitchen too. But, with small children, we aren't going to put any money into flooring until what we have is worn flat out. I figure, these floors will take a real beating over the next several years so no sense updating it now.

Skittles: No, I haven't heard the new DD album but have heard a few songs from it. It sounds good. I don't really keep up with them anymore but still like their stuff. I never saw them in concert either. But, Powerstation played here and my friends and I did see that. It was a really good show. A friend of mine actually got to go backstage and meet them all and came back with some awesome pictures. I came across them the other day while cleaning out some old boxes. Oh, and I was a JT gal myself. So, where did you move to Wisconsin from? I hated unpacking when we moved but packing was the worst part for me. I had no idea we had so much STUFF. Everytime I would think I was about through with a room I'd find another cabinet or something that I had missed. I am really glad that is over. And short of Greg getting transferred I don't plan on going through that again!

ljs1223: Welcome, welcome. I am looking forward to getting to know you.

Ageoldie: Ah, go ahead, rub it in. I am sure it will come back to us this summer when we are sweltering in 110 degree heat! I am glad to know that my convertable days are not behind me. I didn't have a convertable but did drive a sweet little sports car before I got married. Of course, it has since been traded in for the mom standard mini van - somehow it just isn't as sexy, you know? Oh well, 18 or so more years and I'll be back in the market for something with a little more "zoom".

I know I've done well in terms of eating and exercising this week but I just have that feeling that tomorrow's weigh in isn't going to show it. I know that happens sometimes so I am not worried about it. If anything it will just boost my determination for our challenge. I don't know what is wrong with me. I've just sort of lost my appetite here lately. I've actually had to struggle and make myself eat and I still am just barely hitting 1100 calories or so. I never thought I would see the day that I would be worried about not eating ENOUGH. I wonder if it isn't just that I've hit the point where my body has adjusted to the plan I've been following (counting calories, eating healthier) and it isn't so much that I've LOST my appetite but more like my appetite has become NORMAL. I do know that I need to start drinking more water. That is one reason I'm not expecting spectacular results tomorrow. I've barely had anything but diet coke all week and I can tell I'm feeling a little bloated from it.

Okay, I have a request. I am trying to plan my menu for this week and I have just hit a wall. I'm tired of making the same stuff over and over. If anybody has any healthy main course recipes will you share them with me? I need new ideas and if they are kid friendly, even better.

Y'all have a great day and get geared up for our challenge tomorrow! I just know we are all going to do GREAT!

LuckyLadyBug
01-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Please check yours out to make sure while copying and pasting I didn't "turn you into someone else" :lol:

DATE -01-18-05
USER NAME -Chrily
REAL NAME -Christina (Chris for short)
AGE -33
BIRTHDATE -April 11
WHERE YOU LIVE -Billings, Montana
SIGNIFICANT OTHER -Kelly, husband of 6 yrs.
KIDS -Tiana, 11 yrs. Kayla, 5 yrs. Nicole, 2 yrs.
PETS -4 cats....George (aka Teddy Bundy), Kitty, Sara, and Junior
OCCUPATION -stay at home mom
WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - WW
FAV. EXERCISE(S) -Walk away the Pounds tapes.
FAV. NO-NO FOODS -Cheesecake and French fries...and Pringles
FAV.BOOK(S) -Self-help books, Dean Koontz, and Mysteries
FAV. MOVIE(S) -Seven, Meet the Parents, Titanic
FAV. SONG(S) - Draw me Close (Contemp. Christian Song), God Bless the Broken Road (Rascal Flatts) Invisible (Clay Aiken)
FAV. QUOTE -
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE -I have rheumatoid arthritis and suffer from depression/ anxiety. I love to scrapbook (not so good at it though)/like to sew/love to read/love animals.

Date: January 18, 2005
USER NAME -jawsmom
REAL NAME -Tricia
AGE -35, soon to be 36
BIRTHDATE -February 27
WHERE YOU LIVE -Mississippi
SIGNIFICANT OTHER -married 9 years to my high school sweetheart and couldn't be happier.
KIDS -3, oldest son is 6, younges son and daughter are 4
PETS -Sweetie Pie, our rescued "mutt"
OCCUPATION -I have been at home with the kids for about 2 years now. Prior to that I was an accounting/finance manager for a cellular company (about 12 years). I left in the midst of a merger that would have required me to move to El Paso so I accepted a severance package instead and haven't looked back since. My husband is an engineer for the same company.
WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - Counting calories and trying to make healthy food choices all around.
FAV. EXERCISE(S) - People have favorite excercises? Hmmm, who would have thought? I don't have any favorites really, but I do like some more than others - I do not like running - I am too distracted by all of the jiggling that takes place. I guess if I'd have to choose, dancing around the house like an idiot would be my current favorite. It gets my heart rate up and entertains the kids at the same time so I feel like I am killing two birds with one stone. I do enjoy walking but don't often get to do it alone. You don't really burn enough calories to matter if you have to stop along the way and look at every flower, pick up every rock, and try to catch every critter that crosses your path. But, it is quality time with the children so I guess it strengthens my heart in an even more important way.
FAV. NO-NO FOODS - I am a sucker for the salty/sweet combo.
FAV.BOOK(S) - I loved Circle of Friends. Unfortunately, I don't get to read as often as I would like - unless you count Dr. Suess.
FAV. MOVIE(S) - That's a tough one. If it makes me laugh, or cry, or scares me, I like it. The most recent one I've seen and enjoyed is Napoleon Dynomite - but I wouldn't say it is a favorite.
FAV. SONG(S) - I don't know that I have a favorite song but if I had to choose a favorite artist I would probably say Todd Snider.
FAV. QUOTE - What goes up must come down - assuming that refers to my weight, of course.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE: - 3FC is the only forum I've ever participated in. I've lurked plenty of places but have never been moved to actually join in. I am really thankful for having come across the site and for all of the immediate support and friendship that has been extended to me. I am in absolute awe of everyone who continues to put so much effort into bettering themselves. Every post I've read has truly been an inspiration.

DATE -1/22/05 (weird...I did this a year ago to the day! I may have to make a few modifications!)
USER NAME -Katrinabgood
SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME -Katrina was a nickname at work, but it was taken here, so I added "b," (initial of a pet name dh gave me) ...THAT was taken...so I added "good," Like Johnny B Goode? Whatever.
REAL NAME -Kathleen
AGE -47..but so much less mature than those numbers would have you believe!
BIRTHDATE -7/3/57
WHERE YOU LIVE - NJ...the Garden State. Where the Sopranos live. Where Bruce Springsteen lives...(here, in this county as a matter of fact!) Home of the Miss America Pagaent. Where the Statue of Liberty is REALLY located.
SIGNIFICANT OTHER -Dan "the Man," aka "Thong Boy" to Lucky
ANNIVERSARY -7/30/83~ 21+ years of marital bliss...:love:
KIDS -2: daughter, 19, in her second year of college... son, my baby, is going to be 14 in Feb. next month. *sob*
PETS - a big, dumb, sweet chocolate Lab named Molly. I think she's getting a little senile!
OCCUPATION -Hospital unit secretary, night shift
STARTING WEIGHT -which time? Since I'm starting AGAIN, I'll use today's numbers...gulp...270.5...I'm almost at my all time high of 274...**when I first posted this bio, a year ago, I was 267 I'm ashamed to admit... :(
WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - Weight Watchers...FOR REAL THIS TIME!
FAV. EXERCISE(S) -Walking, hiking, biking, swimming
FAV. NO-NO FOODS -Cookies, ice cream, chocolate.
FAV.BOOK(S) -So many! Patricia Cornwell, Stephen King, John Irving, Maeve Binchy, are some of my favorite authors. All of the Harry Potter books, Little Women, Gone With the Wind, Kathryn, by Anya Seton...so many more...
FAV. MOVIE(S) -In no particular order, these are movies I have watched many, many times and never tire of: Young Frankenstein, The Princess Bride, A League of Theiir Own, Dogma, Fargo, Casablanca, Forrest Gump, Gone With the Wind, Ghost, The Birdcage...
FAV. SONG(S) - Maggie May, Imagine, If Tomorrow Never Comes, most Beatles songs, most Springsteen songs...Depends upon my mood... I rarely have the TV on during the day, I put music on instead...I can be found listening to rock, country, Broadway show tunes, Irish music, blues, classical, even Gregorian Chant!
FAV. QUOTE -"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

DATE - January 18, 2005
USER NAME -LuckyLadyBug
AGE -53
BIRTHDATE -April 8th
WHERE YOU LIVE -Minnesota
SIGNIFICANT OTHER -Looking for him
KIDS -None
PETS -Dusty my arrogant cat
OCCUPATION -I work for a bonding company
WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - ???? Varies
FAV. EXERCISE(S) - ??
FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Would take up too much space.
FAV.BOOK(S) - Discover the Power Within You
FAV. MOVIE(S) - Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
FAV. SONG(S) - Imagine
FAV. QUOTE - It’s only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on
earth – and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up – that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had. By: Elisabeth Kubler Ross

DATE - 1/19/2004
USER NAME - qsilver
REAL NAME - Andria
AGE - 38
BIRTHDATE - 09/15/1966
WHERE YOU LIVE - Virgin, Utah
SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Tony
KIDS - 2
PETS - 1 dog (Jewel), 3 cats (Monster, Meow Yen, and Delilah), 2 fish and 1 turtle.
OCCUPATION - Night watch at a Youth Treatment Facility, assignment writer, home-based business, soon to be returning student, mom.
WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - Decision Weight Loss
FAV. EXERCISE(S) - Curves and walking
FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Wow, ummm... cheesecake tops that list, but there are so many others!
FAV.BOOK(S) - Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, Beauty by Robin McKinley, and I'm really enjoying reading books by Nicholas Sparks lately. Also in love with The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Actually like that one enough to have gone to a ton of trouble to find everything in hardback. Tony even found two first editions for me!
FAV. MOVIE(S) - Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood, Fried Green Tomatoes, It's A Wonderful Life, and the list goes on...
FAV. SONG(S) - The Promise by When In Rome, Whisper to a Scream by Icicle Works, about anything Annie Lennox or Gwen Stefani sing... again, the list goes on, but you do see a lot of 80's stuff in there.
FAV. QUOTE - It all comes out in the wash.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE - My biggest fear right now is that I will falter in my diet and gain back everything. Right now I am on the edge of finally making it below a weight I haven't seen in 14 years.

DATE - 1-20-05
USER NAME - Skittles
REAL NAME - Dawn
AGE - 36
BIRTHDATE - June 16
WHERE YOU LIVE - Milwaukee
SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Scott
KIDS -nope, can't have them
PETS -2 cats, Sydacious Vicious and Nummy Muffin Colcolbutter, 2 rats, Yassie and My Precious, and my betta, Fishy 2
OCCUPATION - Title Company
WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - Ummm, I should be following a plan? That is what I am doing wrong.;) I don't really have a plan yet, I should work on that. :lol:
FAV. EXERCISE(S) - You can have one of those? Ok, I like to swim, walk when my foot doesn't hurt, and I love to dance. Ok, it is not really dancing, just bouncing around to the music in a somewhat rhythmic beat. Yea right, it's just bouncing around with music playing in the background.:lol:
FAV. NO-NO FOODS - chocolate, coke, pizza, chocolate, fried crab ragoons, onion rings, chocolate.
FAV.BOOK(S) - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, she is my favorite author, then anything classical, I like Wilde, Woolf, James, Austen, I also love poetry, Dickenson, Plath, But my favorite is Charlotte Bronte, she is my kindred spirit.
FAV. MOVIE(S) - LOTR Trilogy, A Christmas Story, Hedwig & the Angry Inch, Harry Potter, Anything with Colin Firth or Bruce Campbell, I love British television and film. Love Actually was a great film.
FAV. SONG(S) - Chains by Duran Duran, What's Gonna Happen Tomorrow Duran Duran, Lonely in your Nightmare, Duran Duran, Do you see a pattern here? :lol: I listen to all kinds of music. I adore Bette Midler, Marilyn Manson, Classical, I have Andy Griffith singing gospel music, I am a versitle music lover.
FAV. QUOTE - "Look into thought and tell me what dost thou see. Dive be not fearful how dark the waves flow. Sink into the surge and bring pearls up to me. Deeper, aye deeper, the fairest lie low." Charlotte Bronte
"You are a light in a lonely dark desert that enlightens many." Tenet of Novus Spiritus
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE - I suffer from depression and anxiety, I am gemini, and I'm just a nut. I am not a trusting person, then sometimes I am a trusting person, Like I said I am Gemini. I am new to the Wisconsin area so I don't have many friends up here. So I spend a lot of my time doing the solitary things that I love, reading, painting, writing, and sleeping. :lol:

Date - January 19, 2005
User name - Southern Gal
Real name - Laura
Age - 46
Birthdate - February 26
Where you live - Georgia
Significant other - husband Dennis (we've been married 27 years!)
Kids - two boys, Rhys 15 and Drew 13
Pets - Hershey, springer spaniel and current ruler of the house, 2 classroom pet guinea pigs, Amy and Abby
Occupation - 1st grade teacher
What plan are you following - Counting calories for the most part, just trying to eat healthier
Favorite exercise - walking
Favorite no-no foods - chocolate, chocolate, and chocolate (did I mention chocolate?)
Favorite book(s) - Romance, adventure, whatever. I love to read anything by Nora Roberts, Janet Evonovich's bounty hunter series, Clive Cussler's Dirk novels. I could run out of room on this part...
Favorite movie(s) - Sweet Home Alabama, Romancing the Stone, Second Hand Lions...
Favorite song(s) - Long Black Train, Impossible, most country music...
Favorite quote - "Housework is like stringing beads on a string without a knot..." story of my life!
Anything else you would like to share - Just that I'm very happy to be part of this group! You guys are a great inspiration to me!

DATE - 1/19/2005
USER NAME - fierum
REAL NAME - Tony
AGE - 27
BIRTHDATE - 1/4/78
WHERE YOU LIVE - Lubbock, TX
SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Guess
KIDS - none
PETS - All I'm allowed is my little betta, but I'm getting a cat as soon as I switch campuses at the end of this year.
OCCUPATION - Medical student
WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - My own path, exercise combined with a diet that focuses on low fat foremost, lower carbs, higher protein, with the primary emphasis on actual calories.
FAV. EXERCISE(S) - Really don't like exercising; I do it because I know I have to. That and Andria wants me to live forever, so I'm going to try even if it kills me! That being said, my most tolerable exercise are generalized weight machines and recumbent bike cardio.
FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Cheesecake, White Castle cheeseburgers.
FAV.BOOK(S) - Used to be a big fan of David Eddings, sadly I have no time to read for leisure anymore.
FAV. MOVIE(S) - Don Juan DeMarco, Love/Actually, Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.
FAV. SONG(S) - "Everywhere" - Michelle Branch, "Favorite" - Liz Phair, "Wicked Game" - Chris Isaak.
FAV. QUOTE - "Tony is just a troublemaking know-it-all." -- Paraphrased from a 3FC PM to Andria, credit withheld to protect the ignorant
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE - What else is there to share? Boy cooties, but I don't think that would be appreciated
Oh yeah. Start weight: 278, Current weight: 211, Target weight - I have no clue, I'm just going to go until I finish losing this belly.

LuckyLadyBug
01-23-2005, 12:49 PM
2 LBS IN 2 WEEKS CHALLENGE (2x2) 1/24-2/7 Starts tomorrow.

Lucky
jawsmom
Southern Gal
Kat
qsilver

Anyone else?

The sun is out!!!! A GOOD THING !!!

I got up and did some yoga stretches - I hurt myself yesterday shoveling - not to mention what it did to my fibro!!!!

Andria: Have you stayed away from your funk?

Tricia: You are so right, having a sibling having serious health issues is a good motivator. My one sister is 6 years younger than me and has had two strokes over the last year. I am no help on food - I am currently living alone so .... I do love a Taco Soup receipe I got from a WW person but the kids probably wouldn't like it since it's spicy. If I think of something I will post it.

Laura: Great job on the NON fast food!!

Chris: You are really tackeling some hard work. I admire you and your hubby doing it yourselves.

Skit: Isn't unpacking the pits - well, at least as bad as not being able to find your vehicle under al that snow. We only got about 6 inches, which is more than enough for me.

Kat: Believe it or not, IT'S STILL SNOWING HERE SO SORRY!!! I don't envy you at all. Hmmm you could get all your exercise for the week done in one day - shoveling.

Well, I really want to become a pilates expert - however I have NO stomache muscles so I dug out this old bench thing I have with those elastic cord things. I think I will use that for awhile until I build up some strength. At least that is my plan at the moment!!!! :lol:

I will check in later. Off to have some more :coffee:

Hey, where are the Barb's???? :kickcan:

katrinabgood
01-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Thanks, Lucky!

We just came in from shoveling/blowing/sweeping snow for the past two hours. It is absolutely beautiful outside, the sun is shining brightly and the snow is still so pristine and fluffy. I took some pictures before it gets all nasty and sloppy.

Our neighbors across the street, who never talk to anybody, are out there, snowblowing everyone's driveways! Mostly the end that gets snowed in by the plow, but the daughter would shovel it down a bit and then her dad used his heavy duty snowblower and plowed through the rest! Very nice of them! We had a pleasant conversation as I was thanking her...first time I've ever spoken to her, EVER, since we moved in, 13 years ago!

I'm going to make some Zero Point Soup (WW recipe) in a few minutes. Lots of vegetables and chicken broth. Gotta keep lunch light, since we had a hearty breakfast of pancakes and bacon! :T I measured every bit and counted every point and it let me tell you, it was worth all 13 points!

I'll try to think of a few of my standard healthy meals for you, Tricia...just drawing a blank at the moment! Gotta get back to you on that one!

Off to make soup...see you later.

BarbPA
01-23-2005, 02:09 PM
Hi Gang!
Sorry, I can't begin to keep up right now, but I wanted to pop in and say hello! For those of you in the snow....I hope you are staying warm and taking it easy with the shovels. We just spent about 2 hours cleaning out our driveway and sidewalks. Luckily we have a snow blower so there isn't too much shoveling to be done. Then I took a hot bath and now we are settling in to watch the EAGLES game!

All is going ok here. I am continuing my 2x daily injections and I go in tomorrow morning for my first followup to see how I am responding to the drugs. I've been a little tired and headachy from the meds, but all in all not too bad.

Lisa --- GREAT to see you here!!! ;)

Great Big HELLO and HUGS to all of you!!!!
xoxoxox
Barb

GO EAGLES!!!

LuckyLadyBug
01-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Go WHO?????

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Valentine's/Laceheart.gif

katrinabgood
01-23-2005, 06:47 PM
the team that
JUST WON THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP
that's all...

ageoldie
01-23-2005, 09:06 PM
USER NAME -Ageoldie

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - It came from when we had an antique shop and our curent business was just starting. We picked the name AGE for Alvin Gumpert Enterprises and the antique shop was AGE Antiques, and the mustang parts was AGE Classic Design, we had AGE sales for DH to use for the parts and I was "assigned" ageoldie because I handled all the email and computer stuff for the antique shop. And it just stuck!

REAL NAME - Barbara

AGE -57
BIRTHDATE - 2/23

WHERE YOU LIVE - Dallas TX
SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Ole Alvin

ANNIVERSARY - 1/28/66

KIDS - DS#1,Mike age 35, DS#2 Mark age 34 GS Nathan age 6

PETS - 2 cats at home, Odie & Oliver 2 cats at work Blackie & Smokie
OCCUPATION - We own our own business selling parts for Mustangs
STARTING WEIGHT - 292

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - Right now Dr Perricone's Prescription

FAV. EXERCISE(S) - Water aerobics

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - COOKIES & ICE CREAM

FAV.BOOK(S) - Modern fiction

FAV. MOVIE(S) - not much of a move fan
FAV. SONG(S) - Joes Cuervo

FAV. QUOTE - All things are possible for those who believe

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU - Just that I'm such awonderful, neat person and everyone should love me, but you all already knew that!!!

chrily
01-23-2005, 11:15 PM
BarbPA-at the risk of being too personal, what are you taking injections for? I was kind of curious.

Ladybug-I wanna do the 2 lb. challenge. Sign me up... :D

Okay gotta get the kids ready for bed. Hi all you other ladies. TTFN and I'll try to check in tomorrow but will definitely do it on Tuesday. MY husband goes back to work so I'll have more "me" time to play.

~chris

jhiraqua
01-24-2005, 12:44 AM
Hi All,
I've been lurking around posting in different places without many responses and I want to join a support group (The Good LORD knows I need it). What do I need to do to join? I would really like and appreciate in encouragement offered!Thanx :^:

southern gal
01-24-2005, 07:16 AM
Morning everyone!

Challenge weigh in: 211

Only have a minute and then off to teach for the day! Just wanted to post my weigh in for the 2 lb challenge. OK, I gained a pound this week. I'm hoping this is only water weight/weekend weight but technically, I need to lose 3 lbs in the challenge to be back where I need to be!

Just got through with my indoor exercise! It is 21 even in the South this morning (too cold for this Southern Gal!) but nothing like what a lot of you are dealing with! Keep warm everyone, especially those of you stuck in the snow!

Gotta run. Check in with you all later!

Laura

lucky
01-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Challenge weight: 180

As much as I feel for you guys who are up to your neck in snow our measly 22 degrees this morning was a real pisser. Really, at least in your neck of the woods it is cold and you know it is going to stay cold and you have a chance to learn to live with it. I'm doing laundry today and it is half filled with shorts and t-shirts and the other half with sweaters and warm ups. Please tell me how I am supposed to dress DS in the morning when it is 22 degrees when we leave, 45 at recess, and 65 by the time he gets on the bus in the afternoon? I know, I know, layers. I realize I'm going to eat my words come June but I am READY for summer! Sure it's going to be super hot down here but at least I know that once it's hot it is going to stay that way - through December at least. LOL.

Is everybody doing okay today? I'm really pumped for our challenge. It is great to have other people help keep me in line. Oh, and people who understand the signifcance or 2 pounds. I have a lot of support from my family but none of them have ever struggled with their weight so they don't get what a big deal that is.

So, here is a funny thing my 6 year old said to me yesterday: "Momma, people are like vegetables. I'm sort of skinny so people may think I'm a carrot. (pause) And people might think your Mrs. Potato Head because you are big like a potato." I must have made a face because he followed that right up with, "But Momma, I love you no matter how you look - even if you are FAT." I didn't know whether to hug him or send him to his room! So, I just hugged him because the whole conversation was quite a motivator. After all, kids call them like they see them. Bless his little heart.

Okay, I'll check in with you guys later. Good luck the rest of the day!

jhiraqua: Jump right in. You are just in time for the 2 pounds in 2 weeks challenge that we started today.

Skittles
01-24-2005, 10:04 AM
2 LBS IN 2 WEEKS CHALLENGE (2x2) 1/24-2/7 Starts today.

Lucky
jawsmom
Southern Gal
Kat
qsilver
chrily
Skittles

Morning Ladies, well no time for responses today as the man is home and we have to go and clean the apartment and move the last little bit. Of course that is after we shovel out the back of the truck. :D

Lucky, I was thinking we could start a website where we could keep all of these things such as bios and pictures and other goodes, and putting the link in our messages. What do you think? Oh and it looks like there is no Superbowl this year. :lol: At least there are no teams playing. :D I have to watch the Pro Bowl so I can see my Peyton Manning one last time this season.

Jaws, I am from Montgomery Alabama. But you really wouldn't know it by the way I talk, I don't have much of an accent, just some of the language I use and when I am excited or mad. :lol:

Kat, let's not talk about Lost I have so much to say about that show, Oh my goodness, I joined the Lost forum, Like I have time for that. But it gives you pics from shows that haven't been aired yet, and so many ideas about what is going on. I have discoved the one that I believe is the reality which has to do with Lemuria. Oh my goodness I love this show, I think I even like it more than CSI. Oh, I didn't say that. :o

BarbG, Oh sure you don't want to rub it in but then you add the little picture of the convertible, Ummm.... I think that is rubbing it in :lol:

Ok really, I have to go, I know I said no time for responses and the man is making sure that he lets me know I said that.

Be back later, Love ya all

Skitt

ageoldie
01-24-2005, 02:07 PM
If it makes you feel better, ole Alvin made me wear a jacket to church yesterday!

Add me to the challenge list too. I only lost 1/2 a pound last week, but this one will be better. I went to Sams yesterday and stocked up on more salmon!!!
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/200396/siggys/BarbaraCupid.gif

katrinabgood
01-24-2005, 03:25 PM
:strong: :cb: :barbell: :drill: :drill: :drill: :barbell: :cb: :strong:

~Have you weighed in?
~What kind of plan will you follow?
~Exercise?
~Have you made it easier on yourself by getting the junk out of the house? Gotten the good stuff in?
~Is your head in the right place? 2# is a realistic goal, easily attainable in 2 weeks!

LET'S DO IT!!

2 LBS IN 2 WEEKS CHALLENGE (2x2) 1/24-2/7 Starts today.
Lucky
jawsmom
Southern Gal
Kat
qsilver
chrily
Skittles
BarbG

katrinabgood
01-24-2005, 03:36 PM
So...Let's GO!

I'm very pumped for the challenge...ready to start watching those numbers go DOWN, DOWN, DOWN...

I will be following WW...counting my points, I feel most in control when I do that. It's fun for me to wheel and deal with the points to see how much I food I can get with the least amount of points. simple minds, I know.... I will exercise DAILY, in one form or another...for at least 30 minutes. I will drink at least 64 oz of water daily, shooting for 128 oz. I will record my daily food intake and exercise minutes spent. I will journal my feelings about all of this. I will reward the sacrifices that I make in a positive manner: take time out to meditate, read, or just be kind to myself.

That's it...pretty basic, but I'm keeping it simple...better chance for success this way.

I have much more to write, but I need to get some stuff done around here. I'll be back later.

Come out, come out and tell what you plan to do to make this 2x2 a success for YOU!

lucky
01-24-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm going to keep doing what has worked so far...keep my calories between 1200 and 1500, keep doing my "Oprah" exercises (from Januay's O magazine) and add more cardio exercise whenever I can. The kids keep me from getting 30 straight minutes every day but I incorporate movement whenever I can - a few jumping jacks while I wait for the coffee to finish in the morning, a little running in place while I wait on the kids' pancakes to be ready to flip, jumping rope while they take a cartoon break, etc. I'd like to say that I'll increase my water intake but I don't want to make a promise that I know I won't keep! It is at least on my list of things to make an effort towards.

Another thing I've been doing that has really helped me stay on track is to keep a running list of the changes I feel taking place. Before I started I detailed all of the cons of being overweight - expensive cholesterol medication, heel spurs, aching back, avoiding old friends because I'm ashamed of how I look, those kinds of things. As the weight has slowly started to come off I've added the physical and emotional differences I've noticed. I'm not as tired, I feel my age as opposed to feeling 80, I look forward to social functions, etc. Keeping note off all these things helps me stay on track so I'll keep that up as well.

So, good luck everybody. I am really looking forward to all of us reaching our goal weights together!

LuckyLadyBug
01-24-2005, 07:27 PM
Stop - Do not post here - join us on - Sanctuary - #4 Everyone Welcome