100 lb. Club - Guess the sex of my baby!

View Full Version : Guess the sex of my baby!

Inca's Momma
01-20-2005, 08:52 AM
Also I really would like to hear some name suggestions from you guys! I wanted Grace Julia for a girl but daddy-to-be doesn't like it :p We have no other ideas at this point in time. I will find out the sex Feb. 15th and let ya guys know then :D

KandiceS
01-20-2005, 09:08 AM
sorry for interrupting, but I have a guess (a boy) and names- kaitlyn elizabeth, kadence marie, james cole...

make sure you let us know! good luck!

Ivanna B. Skinny
01-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Kimberlie,
I LOOOVE the name Grace! Im planning on naming our next little girl
"Anna Grace" , and call her Grace. For little boys, right now Im into the name "Charlie". My husbands first name is Charles ( he goes by his middle name though, Spencer) But I think if we were to have a boy next he'd be "Charles Samuel", and called "Charlie". Im BIG into using family names, and Bible names, so my choices are somewhat limited. Do you have a hope for what it may be?

Inca's Momma
01-20-2005, 10:20 AM
We both really want a girl so that's what I'm praying for.

Tammy32
01-20-2005, 10:28 AM
I guessed girl. Just gut feeling. I also love the name Grace. :)

Br00klyn
01-20-2005, 10:35 AM
I guessed a girl too! :) And I as well really like the name Grace!

SuchAPrettyFace
01-20-2005, 11:05 AM
I am different, you all knew that. :) I guessed a boy.

barbygirl43
01-20-2005, 11:45 AM
I like the name Grace as well. It's Lilly's (Lillian Grace) middle name as well. If he doesn't like Julia why not try Jillian Grace, Julieanne or something like that.

I voted for a boy since I'm usually wrong at guessing these things and it will be a girl :D

When I was pregnant with Lilly I wanted a girl really, really bad and so we did not find out the sex until she was born. I figured I couldn't be too upset if I had a boy on delivery day :D

Sheila53
01-20-2005, 12:15 PM
I guessed girl also, but I have a ton of boy names that I like. For girls, I like old-fashioned names like Katherine and Elizabeth, and Grace and Julia. And I've always thought the name Jenna was nice, and Jenady.

My suggestion is don't pick a "regular" name and then spell it weirdly. My granddaughter's name is Khaile, and I'm betting that not many people can figure out how to pronounce it.

JennasMom
01-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Jenna is a nice name! ;)

I like Ava and Ella too. I tend to like the simple girly names that aren't too plain. Oh, and Helena. I know little girls with all those names and I think that is why I like them so much.

If I ever have a boy I really like the name Dallas. I don't know why, but I think it is just so cute.

Charbar
01-20-2005, 03:46 PM
wow.. I said girl too! you seem to be getting a vibe here!

I love the name Savannah!
Here is a link that could help you.. http://www.babycenter.com/babyname/ there are lots of different ways you can search - ie. syllables, ethnic background etc.

Let us know what names you are throwing around. Did you know what you were having with Inca?

Dana

barbygirl43
01-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Kimberlie--here is a cute quiz I took while PG with both of mine. It was correct for both Lilly and william.
http://www.childbirth.org/articles/boyorgirl.html

Sheila--If I had to guess I would say kell is how to pronounce it. :)

Inca's Momma
01-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Dana, :lol: sure I knew what I was having with Inca. I knew she was a girl the day I picked her out at the animal shelter :lol: Inca, Maya, and Kiowa are my 3 adorable dalmatians. This is baby #1 for me.

Also daddy-to-be didn't mind the name Julia as it is his mother's name, he hated Grace :mad:

LOL the quiz said I was having a girl!

Charbar
01-20-2005, 04:51 PM
okay.. I am such a dummy!! I thought this was your second! duh! :faint:

Dawnyl.. I took your quiz and it said I'm having a boy .. so your test looks pretty good.

missaprylj
01-20-2005, 05:13 PM
I said girl too! And I also *love* Grace! :D

Sheila: Is it pronounced "kay-lee"?

I also agree. And I also suggest not choosing a common thing and spelling it goofy. Example: April -----> Apryl. :D The poor kid will always have it spelled wrong!

jkfla
01-20-2005, 05:50 PM
or you could do what i did with Bryleigh... i have people all the time saying "oh what did you do to that poor girl" or "you spell it how?" LOL her middle name is Jayne.

Sheila53
01-20-2005, 07:00 PM
You'd think, wouldn't you, Apryl, that it's pronounced "Kay-lee," but you pronounce it "Kiley." But she gets called "Kay-lee" all the time. People are always spelling my name wrong, too, because of the "i before e except after c" rule.

jkfla
01-20-2005, 08:48 PM
omg i'm so guilty. i never would have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. i have spelled shiela sooooo many times SHEILA! LOL sorry 'bout that!

i've got one for you. my aunt's step daughter named her son ridge... and her daughter is damali prounounced duh mill ya. do not ask me how she got that. i think she is on drugs.

dowsx4
01-20-2005, 09:56 PM
my hubby and I had a girls name picked out before we even started trying for children but were blessed with 2 boys. It was Jade Ann but since we went with 2 middle names for the boys if we ever had a girl it would have been Jade Ann Marie

lostxsoul
01-22-2005, 04:01 AM
i like trinity or um.... faith.... or idk ashton, steven, alexxis..... .

CassandraA
01-22-2005, 08:56 AM
I guessed girl.

Grace Julia is lovely, sorry he doesn't like Grace (you've got awhile to talk him into it though :)).

For other names, how about Ada, Audrey, Beth, Bianca, Calista, Claire, Corinne, Daphne, Elise, Eva, Layla, Lydia, Maggie/Margaret, Nina, Rose, Sadie (Sarah nn Sadie?), Violet, Vivan, Winter.

Jen
01-22-2005, 09:21 AM
My brother has 4 girls and all of them have very unusual names that are spelled unusually as well. I have the names written down and kept handy for when I make up gift cards etc. It is quite frustrating because I get in all kinds of trouble when I spell their names wrong, mostly from my brother, they probably don't care as long as they get the gift! Probably something you have to get used to when you have an unusual name. I also voted for a girl as I just had a strong feeling when I saw the title of your thread. When we had our son we had a name picked out for a boy already to go but we couldn't agree on a girl's name. I was certain I was having a boy (we hadn't found out from the scans) so wasn't too worried about a girl's name. Still we finally picked out Michelle as a name we both liked just in case my feeling was wrong and it was a girl. My little boy's name is Drake, a different name but impossible to misprounce or misspell. If I were you I wouldn't force a name on your husband that he doesn't like because even if he gives in on it because he is tired of talking about it you know that somewhere down the road he'll be saying 'oh I wanted to name you...but your mom had her heart set on...'.