100 lb. Club - Strugglers Lalapalooza Starts NOW!

Br00klyn
01-19-2005, 11:30 PM
Alright, so here's how it is... There are tons of us out there who have been struggling these past few months (including me) and I figured its time to change that!! :wizard:

Sooooo, I've decided to start another challenge... Mine & Howie's Lalapalooza seemed to work very well so I thought I would start a Lalapalooza #2! :D

I just "got real" with myself.. For the past few months, I've been a lazy bum sitting on my couch eating when I want and what I want. :nono: BUT, today I took that first step and got back on plan. I also faced the inevidable scale.. I was soooo scared as I hadn't stepped on since September when I was still on plan. The damage is.... 8 pounds. I feel pretty lucky that that's all I've gained considering I've been totally off plan for over 3 months BUT the scale is still going in the wrong direction.

To help keep myself motivated and to jumpstart all you fine ladies (and gents) out there... I am challenging each of you to get re-focused.. forget about the last couple months and let's look ahead! I challenge each of you to get On-Plan and make some goals for the next 3 weeks! Remember, as I've said before, it only takes 3 weeks to form a new habit... So, lets see if we can stay OP for 3 weeks... I'm hoping the outcome is that after 3 weeks, we're all right back where we want to be with our plans! :cheer:

So, starting tomorrow Thursday, January 20th - LET'S DO IT PEOPLE! :coach:

Alright, now who's in?!

Stinger766
01-19-2005, 11:54 PM
Celina,

As you saw in my last post, I'm in. No more screwing around. I'm in 100% and I'm not looking back or beating myself up over the 23 lbs I gained during the holidays. I'm re-weighing myself tomorrow for a new start to the week (even on a Thursday, lol) and I'm up for your challenge. :)

Thanks!

nelie
01-20-2005, 12:56 AM
Go Celina Go!!

I was too afraid of the scale because I had stopped exercising regularly and my eating plan went out the door shortly before Thanksgiving. My damage ended up being 12 lbs but in the past 10 days or so, I lost 8 of those 12 lbs. I was kind of angry with myself because if I had just stayed with it, then the weight I'm losing now would be new weight loss instead of old. I can't live in the past though, I just have to trudge forward.

Anyway, kick butt lalapaloozers!!

SwimGirl
01-20-2005, 01:08 AM
Celina - of course I'm in! I need to figure out whats going to be OP for me, and I am going to start my training for that 10km run I plan to do in April. I'm NOT going to weigh myself until stupid TOM is gone, and I need to learn to be able to keep OP while on a mini vacation (I'm going to Seattle). 3 weeks feels doable!

-Aimee

artist
01-20-2005, 03:50 AM
Celina

Thanks a million for starting this up........I'm in!!!!

I have a slightly different story to you guys....having lost over 40lbs, I decided last October that I was going to take a break, and aim to maintain for a few months - until January. Well, last week, I plucked up my courage to get on the scale.....to see I was only 3lbs up......which made me feel great......I actually thought I had put on quite a lot more.....

SO here I am, back in the action of losing rather than maintaining! I had a great first week - lost 4 lbs......I am finding the healthy eating part very easy, and am even sticking to my resolution to cook. I am a bit stuck with the exercise - am down with a really bad cold, and don't want to swim/go to the gym until it is gone completely. Luckily, I have to walk 30 mins every day anyway, to travel to work, so at least I am moving a bit. Oddly, I really want to get to the gym/pool - my body is starting to crave exercise....

So lets go for it, gals....and guys!

jkfla
01-20-2005, 04:03 AM
i'm in. but i'm with aimee... i'll weigh when tom goes away.

point
01-20-2005, 04:34 AM
Hello there,
I am in!
I am fed up with excues and things why I cant do that right now. Everybody has a stressful job and personal frustration, but they are not fat as I am!
I will start from day after tomorow, Saturday. I wont go for work for week so I think it wolud be good for my jumpstart!

I will clean my flat (I already did 1/2) and face my empty wardrobe closet. And decide what and how to do it!

Lets go girls

point
01-20-2005, 04:35 AM
Who is Tom? :)

Sandi
01-20-2005, 09:21 AM
hee hee TOM = Time of the Month

point
01-20-2005, 09:34 AM
He he, tx :)

I am from Europe, forgive me :)

Ivanna B. Skinny
01-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Celina, Im in too! I need a jumpstart!
Starting today, I will get off my butt, and go to the gym.
I will drink my water.
I will take my vitamins.
I will eat within my points today, even though I've already "spent" alot on a not too healthy breakfast.
I will try to beat these "winter blues" I have.
I will report back later to list my progress.

Br00klyn
01-20-2005, 10:18 AM
YAY!! :cheer: Glad to see that so many of you joined on!

Claire - So happy to see you back! I feel like I havent' seen you in forever!

Alright so here's to day #1 :cheers: I'll check in later to report how mine went!

barbygirl43
01-20-2005, 12:03 PM
Count me in as well. I plan on dusting off my Dr. Phil booking and going back over his keys. I'm not necessarily going to do his eating plan just yet, but I've got to stop my mindless eating.

Jen
01-20-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm in too! I was kind of feeling like I needed a shakeup on Monday as my scale was saying bad things to me. I've been bouncing around the same 3-4 lbs up and then down and I'm getting po'd that I'm not seeing better results. PO'd at myself of course because I've been eating like crap. So here I am going to the gym and eating like crap and I'll bet I could have lost about 20 lbs since I joined the gym back in September. Anyway that is in the past now I need to really focus on my eating. One of my real downfalls is around lunchtime I just graze instead of eating a real meal and then I end up eating too much. So I bought myself a bunch of those protein bars and that is going to be my lunch along with a piece of fruit and some raw veggies. For an afternoon snack I'm going to air pop a bunch of popcorn (no butter) and snack on that if I get hungry.

artist
01-20-2005, 02:11 PM
OK guys, how is day 1 going? ****waves*** at Celina - yeah, its been a long time.....but I'm back now!

I've had a good food day - porridge with pear and banana for breakfast; pasta salad, no dressing for lunch; and pasta with home-made mushroom and tomato sauce for supper.....with lots of fruit in between times. Can't exercise with terrible cold/cough, but I have walked for 30 mins today.

SO. As long as I don't succumb to the evening munchies - and I have plenty of fruit and low fat yoghurt lined up to beat those cravings - I'm happy with day 1.

What about everyone else?

barbygirl43
01-20-2005, 04:29 PM
Today has been a good news/bad news day. The good news is I've walked to the bank and back (4 blocks total) and walked to the store to get william's party favors and back (4 more blocks).
The bad news is I pigged out at lunch and had frozen yogurt just because it sounded good. Not because I was hungry or anything. Now I have just a little over 300 calories left for the day!! :shock: I already called jeff and told him not to worry about cooking for me for dinner. We did eat a late lunch so it should sit with me for a while and when I get home from my meeting I'm just going to make me a veggie platter.

Abstract927
01-20-2005, 04:50 PM
I just started OP a couple of weeks ago and need all of the motivation I can get. Thanks for nudge - count me in!

Sherrie

Stepping Out
01-20-2005, 05:35 PM
I had been doing really well, but I've been struggling since the holidays. I need all the support I can get! :)

Let's get those tickers moving -------> :D

Stinger766
01-20-2005, 06:54 PM
Well, today has been a great progress day for me!

I've completely eaten on plan, I have a ton of fat grams left that I can consume because I've only eaten 9 today so I have 16 left!

Plus, I walked 4 miles on the treadmill and it felt great. :) I guess I just needed a wake up call (the cheesecake incident in my thread yesterday was that moment for me, lol).

I hope everyone else is having a successful day too.

Ivanna B. Skinny
01-20-2005, 08:04 PM
Dawnyal, I know how ya feel sister! I do that all the time, and then say "Oh, well. I've already screwed up my day, so I may as well pig out" Well, I dont actually SAY that, but I do it any way. But, you have walked , what, 16 blocks today. Thats GREAT!

So today I had a check list to complete. Here it is:

Gym--tried, but b/c of knee pain couldnt. Will do abs and arms later
Water-- drank 128 oz!!
Vitamins--taken at lunchtime!!
Points--22!! ( my range is 22-24ish)
Better Mood-- took Vitamin B-12 drops, played salsa and regee music, and tried to beat the blues. Feel better (and less sluggish) than I have in a while! YAY!

glynne
01-20-2005, 08:09 PM
I'd like to join in ~ I have already started ~ began on Monday Jan.3rd. I've been OP since then. Still working on trying to be better with the water and exercise. I will try to go for 3 more weeks now with this challenge.

Br00klyn
01-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Way to Go Ladies on Great Successes today! :cheer: :D YAY!

As for me.. its only 7pm, but here's where I am so far:

Breakfast: Silhouette Smoothie
Lunch: Subway
Dinner: Whole Wheat Extra Lean Tacos
Got in all my water :D
And I'm going to be leaving here in a few minutes to go to try a "Dance Fever" class at my gym...

Alright, 1 day down - 20 to go until a new habit has been formed! ;)

Stinger766
01-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Congrats to everyone for meeting all or most of their goals! It really helps to have a bunch of rededicating ourselves at the same time. I'm feeling better already!

Tammy32
01-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Claire, Welcome back!! I just noticed that you have been posting. It's so good to see you back on the forum!! :)

Br00klyn
01-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Alright, so Day #1 was officially succesful! :D I just got home from the Dance Fever class and it was awesome! I didn't want it to end.. Seriously, SOOOOO much fun! I wish I had a video to show you! We did a whole choreographed routine to an old Michael Jackson tune at the end! :)

artist
01-21-2005, 03:15 AM
Hi guys.....so how is everybody doing at the start of day 2?

Tammy - ***waves*** hello my dear - thanks for the welcome - yup, I'm back! Long story, but I took a few months out, with the aim of maintaining - and shhhhh don't tell anyone, but I lurked here the whole time - obviously lurking is good for you, cos I only gained a measly 3 lbs, which is now gone. And now I am back in losing mode, and ready for action!

So, I am still fighting this horrible cold, and bemoaning my inability to exercise. But planning a healthy eating day......

CassandraA
01-21-2005, 05:22 AM
I'm in (a day late, but oh well), I've been struggling to get back OP since the begining of January, food has only been about 50/50 lately, and I started exercising again yesterday, so hopefully I can be 100% (or 99%) by the end of the month :)

dharmaspell
01-21-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm in.
Starting today I will...
1. Drink 64 oz water
2. Walk 1/2 each day I can
3. Avoid sugar

Thanks for having this thread.

barbygirl43
01-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Great news to report. I ended up turning around that bad choice of lunch. I had a meeting to go to over 1 1/2 hours from the house so I called Jeff and had him pop me some popcorn and throw it into a ziploc bag and an apple. Since I was still stuffed when I left for my meeting, I knew that I would still be hungry later. That kept me from stopping at mcdonald's, burger king or one of those joints and I ended up under my calories for the day :D I even got in some exercise too!

tolose85
01-21-2005, 07:41 PM
I SOOOOOO want to be in.. I miss this losing weight stuff. While I continue to eat healthy, I still am not ALLOWED to lose!! Big change from only 2 months ago... 7 more months and counting.. Look out because my baby momma gonna be hot once she is all said and done... :) (I'm just trying to stay positive here... it's been rough with the hormones and all...) Good luck to everybody..

dowsx4
01-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Gretchen just remember the healthier you eat the healthier nutrients going to the baby with the side bonus of feeling your best and having an easier time getting back into the swing of things post baby!

howie6267
01-21-2005, 10:23 PM
I'm in. My only goal right now is to be at 100 lbs lost since my new start in April. That would be 317. That is also right around my wedding weight. So I'm getting really close to that virgin fat.

heather_dw
01-22-2005, 03:01 AM
Ok everyone. I am in!

A little late,.. but thats ok I guess. I kinda went off plan when i had to go into the hospital for all that heart stuff. Right before Thanksgiving, they put me on low sodium/low fat diet, so I have been on that since then. I think my problem is that I still get too much sugar.

I love eating raisins, lowfat granola bars, orange juice and apples but I guess those are better than cookies and candy right?

I have two problems that I am trying to address.
1): Exercise (iit is so hard right now, but I have gotten in 5 watp miles for January. This weeks goal is 4 miles and next week 5.
2): Water. I am lucky if I get 2 glasses a day. I really need to somehow drink more.

artist
01-22-2005, 05:51 AM
OK, people, how did day 2 go?

I had a good eating day (rye crispread and marmite for breakfast; scrambled eggs, mushrooms and baked beans for lunch; vegetable curry and rice for supper; lots of fruit in between), and I walked for 30 mins. Still can't exercise (horrible bad cold), and a really missing that....

Today will be a challenge - lunch out with a friend, followed by dinner out with my parents - but I am sure I can find some healthy choices to munch on....

CassandraA
01-22-2005, 08:30 AM
I did pretty good...

Food: OP, but I snacked the entire day, instead of meals
Exercise: 0.6 miles (working my way back up)
Water: 4ltrs! (up from 3ltrs)
Mood: Very good, very motivated :) snacky, but not bingey. I feel a lot better than I have in weeks (now to keep it that way!)

Hope everyone has a good day today

Br00klyn
01-22-2005, 01:37 PM
Dawnyal - You're doing great!! :) Keep it up.. Its those little smart choices that end up with HUGE results!

Claire & Cassandra - Congrats on Day #2! Excellent work! See it gets easier knowing you're not in this alone! ;)

And for all you others - YAY to you for joining in on this one!! The more the merrier... Keeping in mind of course.. We wanna make our combined 2005 loss just INSANE! :D

Howie - I'm so happy to see you've joined us, considering its just a continuation of our first Lalapalooza!! How have you been?

So folks, where are the updates? How have your first couple days gone?

As for me, I've been OP since Wednesday!! YAY! It just gets easier from here you guys... :D

Stinger766
01-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Hi everyone.

Congrats to everyone for being here and staying OP. I've done great food wise. Haven't gone over my fat grams or eaten anything I shouldn't have. I have a date tonight which includes dinner though and eating out is definitely my big weakness and the hardest part for me.

I've only walked on the treadmill on Thursday, the day after my epiphany. lol. I meant to yesterday but have decided it's too hard to try to do it when my 2 1/2 son is awake and I was too tired to to it after he went to bed so I went to bed at the same time. I'm still going to try to get it in today though, even though it's already 1:00pm here and my date is around 6:00pm. I had other things to do today but my son's father picked him up late so I didn't get anything done but housework and laundry.

I'm planning to keep things going strong though and am determined to make the right decisions at dinner tonight. I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 3 lbs since Monday, even though I've only been OP since Thursday morning so that's not bad! I'm hoping to add another lb or two between now and Monday morning's weigh in.

Talk to you all soon and have a great weekend!

artist
01-22-2005, 04:54 PM
OK people......how is day 3 going???? I am going pretty strong here - lunch and dinner out, but healthy choices all the way, including a very nice fruit salad for dessert, and water instead of wine.....

Still can't exercise, so I don't think the scales will be kind to me this week, but I am beginning to dream of going to the gym/pool...

Stinger766
01-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Ok, another update from me. :)

I did find time to walk, in fact I did it right after I posted earlier. I walked my 4 miles on the treadmill and I feel good about it.

I still have my date later and the dreaded restaurant but I have a feeling after having walked today that I won't screw up. I may have a drink or two though. lol. Get rid of some of those new relationship jitters.

I hope everyone's doing well and taking good care of themselves. Talk to you all soon!

SuchAPrettyFace
01-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Stinger, we need details from your date. :)

I am in, guys. I was doing so well this week until Wednesday when I woke up w/a sore throat. No big deal lots of extra cups of hot tea, right? By Friday it was a full blown cold & comfort food was being consumed. :( I have to say though that I am stopping with one serving of such, and for the most part being good.

My goals are:

Water consumption up. Ever since the 6 liters I drank every day in FL, I'm just not into it. Bottled water is free at work and I have been trying to drink that.
Stay away from the vending machine.
Have a plan. If you don't have a plan, you are screwed!!!
Attempt to exercise. This is always my hardest one.

Stinger766
01-23-2005, 05:58 PM
So, my date late night stood me up and hasn't even called. Great. Normally I would run for the worst food possible and not walk but I feel quite the opposite today. I've been completely OP for food and I just got done with my 4 miles on the treadmill. No man is going to ruin the weight loss plan I have for myself. :)

I'm looking foward to my Monday weigh in tomorrow and won't be disappointed no matter what it says because I know I've been doing the right things since my epiphany on Wed. night and I know I'm going to continue to do so.

Thanks for being here as inspiration and support everyone. :)

SuchAPrettyFace
01-23-2005, 06:46 PM
So, my date late night stood me up and hasn't even called. Great. Normally I would run for the worst food possible and not walk but I feel quite the opposite today. I've been completely OP for food and I just got done with my 4 miles on the treadmill. No man is going to ruin the weight loss plan I have for myself. :)

I'm looking foward to my Monday weigh in tomorrow and won't be disappointed no matter what it says because I know I've been doing the right things since my epiphany on Wed. night and I know I'm going to continue to do so.

Thanks for being here as inspiration and support everyone. :)Ugh! MEN!!! :mad: Sorry to hear that. I just got all dolled up for mine & he came over, took one look & pronounced me too sick to mess around with. :( What? C'mon, baby, snot = sexay! :lol:

Good for you not taking it out the wrong way.

Stinger766
01-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Such (sorry, I don't know your real name!) your post made me laugh. Just as an update I still haven't heard from the guy. Why would a man make plans to see you again, for the 3rd time, and then not show up and just disappear from the face of the earth? It's odd. I know he's signed on to his computer today (we met at an online dating service and it says how recently a person has been on the site and he's been on since this morning) so I assume he's not dead or anything but still no call. I knew it was too good to be true but honestly it's making me more inspired to do the right thing weight loss wise. I don't know why exactly but I'm going with it! lol.

Talk to you all tomorrow (otherwise known as weigh in Monday, lol).

jkfla
01-23-2005, 11:15 PM
hi everyone. i'm late on getting started with this but tomorrow is my day. i was bad this weekend..... what? i've been bad for the last 3-4 months what am i talking about? enough is enough. i got a new watp dvd. its from the power series, walk and jog its called... i think. i've watched it once. tomorrow i'm going to try it out for the very first time. its 30 minutes long.

my plan is to do that at least 3 times a week starting out. get back on water and stay within my points. i'm also going to start a real journal.

CassandraA
01-24-2005, 03:04 AM
Not so great (past 2 days)

Food: Pretty close, maybe a little over
Water: 3ltrs, a day
Exercise: 0.2, total :(

artist
01-24-2005, 03:45 AM
OK, checking in for Day Four.......Did pretty well on the eating front.....made a great tomato and coriander soup, which kept me going most of the day....also did the supermarket shop and ignored temptation all the way....still can't exercise (am beginning to think this horrible cold has moved in permanently!!)...

Ingrid - sorry about your experience with that ****hole. All power to you for successfully avoiding the comfort eating - you're right, he clearly isn't worth falling off the wagon for. I tend to look at it this way - much better to find out very early on that he is an Undesirable - you can just throw him away, and bring on the Next One!

What about everybody else?

Sandi
01-24-2005, 12:37 PM
I am really late in getting in on this, but I am with you 100% starting today!!

My Plan:

1. To stay within my points range everyday!
2. Get some exercise.
3. Plan, Plan, Plan!!

It's so simple, why don't I just do it???

Today I planned well and then the Fritoes in the Office kitchen were calling my name. I even had them in my hand. Then I said to myself "no, your going to do WHATEVER IT TAKES" I put them back and left the room!!!

barbygirl43
01-24-2005, 03:15 PM
WTG Sandi. That is great for putting down the fritos.

I had a horrible weekend. I didn't eat as bad as I have in the past but I had over 1900 calories on Friday, 2350 on Saturday and 1850 yesterday. I'm supposed to be eating around 1600 a day. I'm not eating because I'm hungry either. I've got to start controlling my weekend eating again.
I did get in my water.

artist
01-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Hey Dawnyal....don't be too down on yourself - at least you kept track, and know where you're at....that takes a bit of courage, you know...

As for me, day 5 and I'm doing OK. Eating healthily, but unfortunately still feeling lousy due to a cold, so not able to exercise......

How about everybody else?????????

Br00klyn
01-24-2005, 05:42 PM
So far, things are going pretty well! I've been consistently on plan with the exception of a couple "slip ups" this weekend. I'm with you Dawnyal, the weekend can be a tough one.... We went to check out Ocean's 12 on Saturday night so I ended up with popcorn and pop... then on Sunday, I had a piece of Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake (its one of my favorite things ever) I just couldn't refuse HOWEVER there's still 1 final piece left in the freezer and I won't touch it! I will make Steve eat it for dessert tonight.

So those are the only 2 moments since Wednesday that I've been off plan, which I'll accept.. Nobody said this would be easy and as long as i'm on plan over 90% of the time, I'm happy. So, back to the gym for me tonight and I'll do some extra cardio to work off those treats from the weekend.

AND, as of today - its 2 weeks of being smoke free for me!! YAY!! I'm so happy I could dance... i'll have to get out this extra energy at the gym tonight.

Sandi - So glad you've decided to join us! And, excellent job on passing up those Fritos.. Good job!

Claire - Hopefully you're feeling better soon... don't worry about the exercise right now, just focus on eating well and getting lots of rest! :)

jkfla
01-24-2005, 07:19 PM
Celina!!!! great job!!!

Br00klyn
01-24-2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks Shelly! :)

So, today was a complete success! I didn't make it to the gym, BUT, I did my whole tae-bo cardio video. Granted some of the coordination I couldn't get down, but I kept moving for the whole tape! :) As for the food, well I'm totally on plan and I resisted that last piece of DQ cake and have had all my water!

So, how about everyone else? how's it going? how has it been going?

Keep up the hard work!!!

Br00klyn
01-25-2005, 12:14 AM
Damnit! :( I'm so mad at myself.. I'd almost made it all day again with being on plan but no of course, I ended up bingeing on microwave popcorn. You know I really just don't get it, why do I keep sabatoging (sp?) something I want so very badly. I feel like such a failure now and not to mention I feel stomach sick. :(

Sorry about the vent - needed to get that off my chest.

artist
01-25-2005, 04:12 AM
Hi Celina

Don't be too hard on yourself.........its really tough to quit smoking, and stick with healthy eating at the same time. Maybe the quitting smoking has something to do with the microwave popcorn??? Whatever you do don't feel like a failure - its one small incident, and you just need to pick yourself up and keep going.....

howie6267
01-25-2005, 11:42 AM
I don't smoke and I do the same kind of things Celina. Your fighting two battles right now so don't beat yourself up. It was one moment in your life. The next moment you can be right back on plan and be right back on track.

I did the same this this weekend except much worse than popcorn. Pizza and Icecream is all I can say. Way more than anyone should ever eat. I've done this twice in the last week so I would be surprised if I lose during the last two week period but I'll find out Friday.

barbygirl43
01-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Celina. You are still doing a WONDERFUL job. There are worse things you could've had to sabatoge you. I like my microwave popcorn in the evenings so I usually plan for a bag to eat after dinner. I usually will only have 1-3 bags a week but I will allot my calories for it anyway. Maybe if you plan for it everyday, it won't be a big deal if you eat a bag.

Br00klyn
01-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Awwww... thanks you guys! I do feel much better now. And I think the binge was created as I was home all day yesterday with a migraine so I didn't wear the patch therefore probably "nicced" out pretty bad in the evening and indulged with food. I am still thinking positive... So far today, I'm on plan. I had a Silhouette Smoothie for breakfast.. brought a Lean Cuisine Pizza and Diet Coke for lunch then some grapes for an afternoon snack. I'm planning stuffed chicken breasts (stuffed with mushrooms & peppers) for dinner and some cooked veggies... then heading to the gym tonight. I will do this - I know I will... Heck, if I can quit smoking, I feel like I can really do anything I put my mind to. And, I do have to accept that there will be bumps along the way.. :)

Thanks again for your support... How are your days going?

dragonwoman64
01-25-2005, 04:02 PM
I pooped out in 2004 (13 lbs lost for the etire year :?: ) I'm revving up for 2005. Since January I've logged my food into fitday every day. I'm making changes on my weekend eating w/ bf (the weekend, and chocolate, are big challenges for me).

I've lost about 4.5 lbs since the beginning of January, 3 weeks loss in a row, I'm really happy about that.

I'd say eating is at about 85 % of goal, and exercise is about the same (I tend to skip my walks in the cold weather, one of the exercises I do).

Reading everybody's posts is inspirational to me :)

Stepping Out
01-25-2005, 06:49 PM
I signed up for the challenge, but I never set any goals for myself :( I haven't gained-the scale has been stuck since the beginning of the year. Unfortunately, I've fallen back in to 2 of my bad habits: Eating too many carbs/fats, and not drinking enough water :no:

Howie: :jeno: :jeno: :jeno: My problem too! I need to switch to Lean Cuisine/Healthy Choice, or give it up entirely.

Celina: I don't do popcorn, but I can binge on just bread and margarine :p My DH's b-day is next weekend, and he wants a cake. I'll just have to send it to work with him. :devil: Good job on quitting smoking and staying on track! :D

My goals are:

Drink at least 64 oz of water per day
Cut Carbs!
Get in some exercise

The exercise part for me is the most difficult. I'm recovering from a broken ankle, and I can only walk with a walker. I have hand weights; I just need to make the effort to do some sort of workout every day!

:grouphug: to everyone!

nelie
01-25-2005, 09:31 PM
For a healthy but yummy alternative to pizza, this is what I do:

get a medium sized whole wheat pita (about one the size of a personal pan pizza)
put either chopped tomatoes OR 1/3rd-1/4th of a can of diced tomatoes on top of the pita, kind of smoosh it down a bit.
top the tomatoes with your favorite italian spices, basil, oregano, rosemary, etc and a little salt.
top the tomatoes with 1/4th to 1/2 cup of shredded mozarella cheese
top the cheese with your favorite veggies (mushrooms, bell peppers) and/or lean meats (I use ham or chicken breast)

Put your mini pizza on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees until the cheese is a little brown.

It tastes yummy and is around 300 calories, depending on what you top it with.

Br00klyn
01-25-2005, 10:11 PM
YAY! :dancer: So, today was a complete success! Totally OP for food (about 300 calories under actually), had all my water and went to the gym! Yipee!

And also.... I LOST 3 LBS this week despite my couple mishaps! :D I'm thrilled... Alright, so now I'm back out of the 250's! So long...:wave:

Br00klyn
01-26-2005, 12:30 AM
Well just though I'd check one last time to see if anyone had updated on how their Day #5 went - I'm really rootin' for you ladies (and Howie) and would love an update!!!

C'mon... you know you wanna check in...... we're here to support each other!!! :^:

Alright, well I'm sleep deprived and am heading to bed.. Hopefully there'll be some updates for mornin'! :)

Wishing you the best for Day #6! Together - we CAN do this! :crossed: :goodluck: :goodscale:

howie6267
01-26-2005, 02:00 AM
I'm doing good these last 2 days after my big mess up Sunday. I decided when I started my journal that I would always be honest to myself. So I added up my best guess at Sundays binge. Boy that's and eye opener. 4900 calories and 280 grams of fat. I once read someone say that he would allow a treat day and sometimes push 10,000 calories. I don't know how you could do that. I mean I really packed it away sunday and almost hit 5000. I just don't think I could do 10,000 even if I tried.

I'm doing good now though and I'm going to end January with the resolve to get this weight off.

artist
01-26-2005, 03:40 AM
Hi people, hows it going?

Celina - you go girl!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on being 3lbs down, and on being totally on plan......sounds like you are doing great...

Howie - that was brave.....adding it all up like that....very brave...and here you are, ploughing on.....its good to hear the note of resolution in your typing!

As for me. I am doing well on the healthy eating front. Had a pretty demanding day yesterday, and I sailed through......I am grimly determined to shift this weight, no matter what the world throws at me! But I wish wish wish wish I could exercise....still got the Horrible Cold....seems to have bonded with me for life!!! Until I get back to the exercising I know I ain't gonna shift those pounds, so I think I will ignore the scale for a while, since it might just demotivate/sabotage me...

barbygirl43
01-26-2005, 10:34 AM
Yay Celina. You are doing so well. Keep up the good work.

Howie--that is great that you made yourself accountable for your treat day. I too have been journalling all my eats, and some of my weekend days have been easily 3000-3500 calories. I'm scaling those back now.

Claire--I don't blame you for ignoring the scale. You are doing everything right for staying OP and if you can't exercise then I wouldn't worry about it either.

I was so OP yesterday, it was awesome. I exercised at work, got all my water in and even had calories to spare at the end of the day. Today I've already got in my 30 minute walk this morning and have been planning my meals to try and get in all my food groups. :)

Br00klyn
01-26-2005, 11:21 AM
Howie - That's great! Its important to "be real" with yourself. Living in denial will never help you lose weight.. and seing how many calories/fat a binge can add up to, I think helps prevent it a little for next time. I as well, journalled everything for the past week... my highest day was at 2500 calories... and about 90 grams of fat. It really puts things in perspective I think... :)

Dawnyal & Claire - Great job!!! :D I knew you could do it!!!! Here's to Day #6 ladies :cheers:

dragonwoman64
01-26-2005, 12:23 PM
Celina, 3 lbs is fantastic, congrats.

Howie, I'm really impressed with how much you've lost.

I admire you keeping track of your eating. I've been pretty faithful entering what I eat in fitday, including the carrot cake and chocolate that passes these lips. That way I feel like I'm taking responsibility for what I eat, good and bad, and for once, really keeping the eating thoughtful instead of mindless, which I'm very good at doing. So, congrats on that.

Friday is my weigh in day. I want to make it 4 weeks in a row. Braved the snow and slush and took my walk yesterday, kept on the eating program well except for a couple of pieces of chocolate (ah.... :dizzy: ).

Have a good one, :dancer:

Stinger766
01-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Congrats to everyone for doing great! You should all be very proud of yourselves.

Ok, I'm a loser! And not in a good way. :(

I stayed OP food wise on Monday and Tues (although I didn't walk on the treadmill) but today I've been terrible! I did my usual, made a bad choice for lunch and then said screw it and ate about a million mini peanut butter cups. Why do I do that? Was lunch not bad enough? Plus I haven't walked on the treadmill since Sunday. I have a million excuses why not (sick son, been getting 3-4 hours sleep a night, blah, blah, blah) but other people go through the same things and stick with it. Why was I so determined and so persistant last year and now I can't even go a full week?? I told myself on the way home again I'll start next week but I will end up doing the same thing. I think I need some mental help. lol. I have 90 lbs to go. DO I really think they are magically going to disappear?

Sorry to vent but I just don't get what my problem is.

Talk to you all soon and I promise I won't be such a downer next time. lol.

Br00klyn
01-26-2005, 11:19 PM
Awwww Ingrid {{{{{HUGS}}}}} - We all have those days, trust me. It wouldn't be normal if we didn't. You have to focus on the good that you've done and not the negative.. Like, you did eat on plan for Mon/Tues - Yes, you made some bad choices today, however you don't have to wait until Monday to get back on plan. DO IT NOW! The sooner you get back on plan after a binge, the better! :) We are all human and we all make mistakes... If you don't feel up to exercise right now, try and focus on getting the eating under control first and then slowly ease back into things. You have to do what works best for you, and what makes you happy! No, those lbs. won't magically disappear (god I wish they would sometimes) :lol: but they will start coming off if you make the right choices 90% of the time. Go Get 'Em!!! If you need to talk or need anything at all, just let me know! :goodluck: I'm rootin' for ya!

As for me, today was another success - ate within plan, got in all my water, and went to the gym (even though I came really close to not going at all as I wasn't feeling the best). YAY!

Here's to tomorrow folks :cheers:

artist
01-27-2005, 02:54 AM
Hey Ingrid....what can I say? We have all been there, and it is really tough. I agree with Celina - get right back on plan now, don't wait for tomorrow, next week etc etc. I guess I would also say why don't you take a look at your motivation - why do you really want to do this, how important is it to you? And if it is really important to you, what can you do to set yourself up for success - you have the answers to that, since you've done so well already!

Yay Celina, you are doing great girl!!!!!!!!!!!

As for me.....well I am ploughing on with the healthy eating, making good choices all the way.....need to drink more water, so I will start focusing on that now. Still too sick to exercise......grrrrrrrrrrr. Sometimes I think this cold has come to live with me forever.....

Hows everyone else doing?

glynne
01-27-2005, 08:52 AM
I'm feeling positive today ~ we had a kind of employee appreciation dinner at work last night. Previously, when we had those, I would partake, then I would kind of feel like ~ well, I'm off plan....... and I would proceed to eat stuff I shouldn't and it would take me a while to get back on track. This is the first time I have eaten off plan since Jan. 3rd. And by some miracle, I don't have any desire to stretch the off plan meal into more. I am so thankful to be feeling this way. Maybe I am finally on the road to making it.

Also, I have been trying a different routine for getting ready for work ~ have come up with a plan to get in a 20 minute walk. I am really excited about that because until I figured out how to fit that in, I was only able to get some exercise on my days off, so I was missing 7 out of every 14 days. Hopefully, I will be able to do more on my days off and finally be able to make some progress toward my goal.

howie6267
01-27-2005, 12:01 PM
I agree with the others Ingrid. We have to quit telling ourselves I will start tomorrow or the firist of the week. There is nothing magic about the first of the week except that we have used it as an excuse to pig out for the weekend. I'm not pointing fingers here because I don't know how many times I've done it. Now I've changed and I get right back at it the next meal. And you know what? One day back on plan gives me that same feeling of acomplishment that I had before my binge. Plus I find that the one meal or day that I screwed up did not amount to all the weight that I made myself feel like it would. So come on back and start TODAY!

Gayle I'm happy that you are having some success. That is great that you were able to enjoy a dinner out and then get right back on plan.

dragonwoman64
01-27-2005, 12:24 PM
I did my usual, made a bad choice for lunch and then said screw it and ate about a million mini peanut butter cups. Why do I do that? Was lunch not bad enough? Plus I haven't walked on the treadmill since Sunday. I have a million excuses why not (sick son, been getting 3-4 hours sleep a night, blah, blah, blah) but other people go through the same things and stick with it. Why was I so determined and so persistant last year and now I can't even go a full week??

I can completely relate to this. I wonder why I've done/do the same thing, even when I *know* how bad I want to be successful. I'm sure there are mental reasons, and I could psychoanalyze myself forever (gulp at that thought!). I came to the conclusion last night that I have to make sure my environment fits my neeeds, since I know it's not will power that will keep my going in the long run (ie right foods there, wrong foods banished). If I'm set up ahead of time to do the stuff I need to do, it will a lot harder to fail.

Another thing that helps me (besides whining to bf), is to let go of the mistakes and not beat myself up about it. The mistakes are there to help me figure out how to progress. Period. End of sentence. I'm not going to use them as a Marge club.

I hope my sharing these thoughts helps.
Best,

Sandi
01-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Hi all!! Have to make this quick!!

I am having a good week. I have been OP every day and have even worked out twice. It feels good to be back on. I am Cautious because I know just one bad choice will send me back into my old habits.

barbygirl43
01-27-2005, 12:55 PM
WTG Everyone.
Sandi--that is awesome. I'm so with you on worrying about one meal causing me to spiral in the wrong direction. You are doing so great. I just know you are going to succeed!!!!

Ingrid--Look how far you have come in such a short amount of time. We have all been there. Heck I've been stuck at around 260 since August. My heart just wasn't into wanting to lose weight or really eat healthy. Even though I pretty much stuck to the amount of calories I wanted to consume, I didn't really exercise nor did I make the healthiest of choices. Now I'm actually wanting to eat healthier and make sure I get in my exercise. I'm confident my scale will move down to the 250s soon and keep going lower. My focus now is more on actually eating healthy and not just eating less. :)

Still OP here and still exercising. Life is good today!!

Br00klyn
01-27-2005, 08:24 PM
Great Job Everyone! :bravo:

Sandi - Lady, I knew you had it in you.. Look at how wonderful you're doing!! :D Keep it up!

Dawnyal - You're doing great too - See, I knew we could all do this together!

Anyways, just wanted to pop in and say hi - i'm headed out the the Dance Fever class that I went to last Thursday night at my gym in a bit. Just finished dinner, and am 100% OP for today... have 400 calories left, which I won't need. I'll just have some grapes and a ff fudgsicle when I get home from working out.

Congrats again to all of you! We've made it 1 full week... I do acknowledge we've had some minor "bumps" but just keep going.. We have 2 weeks left so let's make 'em count!!!

djs06
01-27-2005, 09:17 PM
hi everyone! i couldn't join in this week because my gym membership is frozen until feb 1st, and moving back to school and starting classes has been kind of crazy. It's too cold to do any walking, and my dorm room is a bit too crammed to do a video (grr!) but I've been reading the thread anyways, and wanted to congratulate you all for sticking with it! Great job everyone. I'm very proud of you all!

Stinger766
01-27-2005, 10:28 PM
Congrats to everyone for staying OP and getting exercise. You guys are doing great and are an inspiration.

Thanks very much to everyone who posted to me above. I've had another off plan day but I'm planning to start back again...tomorrow! I truly appeciate all your honesty and positive thoughts. I'm hoping they and my own will are enough to get me back on track.

Talk to you all tomorrow with another (hopefully good) update.

artist
01-28-2005, 11:47 AM
Hi guys

How are you all doing?

Ingrid - hang on in there, and hope you are successfully back on plan today.

Celina - sounds like you are doing brilliantly....you go girl!!!

As for me, well so far so good.....but it is hard going. I'm still sick (horrible cold), can't exercise, so even tho I'm on plan the scales are all over the place....and not in the right direction! Anyway, I am trying to ignore them.....struggling today, since I took the day off to rest up and try and get rid of this cold....and am fighting off the temptation to walk around to the shop for potato chips and chocolate.....its just boredom, not hunger......

barbygirl43
01-28-2005, 12:44 PM
Claire--hopefully that ick will leave you. You sound like you are really, really ready to exercise but the body just isn't cooperating. Ignore the chocolate, Ignore the chocolate, Ignore the chocolate, Ignore the chocolate!!!!!!!

Ingrid--You can do this. Take it one meal at a time if you have to. Tell yourself you will eat healthy just for breakfast. Before it gets time for lunch, convince yourself that your lunch will be healthy and then do the same thing for dinner.

Dana--At least you are making the effort. I know a lot of people who, when faced with your situation, would fall completely off the wagon and then some. You are at least still along for the ride. You'll be in control of the "wagon" before too long. :)

Celina--That dance fever class sounds like a blast!!! I wish i could do something like that. WTG on still being on track. that is so great. We are going to make it through this time.

I'm still staying OP and getting up early to exercise. I even had several hundred calories left over yesterday and the day before. I will be planning on eating over by about 200 calories today just to shake things up. Plus I'm giving blood after lunch :)

artist
01-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Hi guys....so how has the weekend been?

Mine has not been easy, but on the whole I think I'm winning......I am stuck in with the longest-lasting-cold-in-the-history-of-man, and I did succumb to a serious quantity of potato chips on Friday night. However, other than that, I am doing OK. I even found the strength to go to the supermarket today, and came home with healthy foods only......have just cooked a very warming carrot, ginger and coriander soup.....so I am happy that despite being boringly boringly sick, I am continuing to eat healthily......

Br00klyn
01-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Claire - I really hope you're feeling better soon. You've had this cold forever and it needs to go! :) Don't worry about the potato chips on Friday.. I succumbed to them too and some regular Pepsi! ;)

Anyways, as for me - the weekend was okay... I didn't work out as I ended up working a 10 hour overtime shift yesterday. However, I was on plan all day on Friday until I had a can of Pringles while watching a movie. Then on Saturday after work, went out with some co-workers for a bunch of pub food. The good news however, is that I'm right back on plan today and despite my binging this weekend - I didn't go over 2500 calories (which is what I need to maintain). I think that is the key though... Its okay to have food every now and then that's off plan, the success is the fact that you get back OP that very next moment. I'm confident that I will succeed this time.

So, with that said - How's everyone else's weekend been?

Stinger766
01-30-2005, 06:31 PM
Looks like everyone has had another successfull week. Congrats to all for exercising and/or sticking with a plan.

I'm kind of ashamed to be posting as I've had the worst weekend ever. I know this can't be right but I got on the scale this morning and it says I've gained 12 lbs in 6 days. In order to do that I would have had to eat literally 5000 extra calories per day (above the 2600 approx. that I burn just to stay alive at my weight) and I know I didn't do that. (Well, maybe after seeing that on the scale this morning I have today!).

I'm upset that I base how my day or weeks goes by what the scales says. That can't be normal or healthy. On days like today I wish I hadn't lost the 96 lbs I did before my "break" because I know I can do it and obviously I choose not to and I'm mad at myself for not having stuck with it or having the will power to continue now. Honestly I've been thinking maybe I shouldn't post again until I'm back on track because reading through my posts I think I'm probably just bringing everyone down. Something has to change because I feel terrible about my weight loss situation (or lack thereof).

howie6267
01-30-2005, 11:53 PM
I've done really well this weekend. My treat night was Friday and I finally did the treat night like I have always planed it to be. I only had an extra 700 calories. I really want to keep my treat night under contol. No more then 600 to 800 calories. So I feel really good about that. Tomorrow is my first day at the gym. I am really looking forward to that.

Br00klyn
01-31-2005, 12:10 AM
Alright, well turns out today wasn't a success - It was going to be... We were going to Steve's parents for dinner for roast chicken and veggies - then when we got there, it turned out to be Chinese Food... they changed their minds at last minute.. :( So, I've been off plan all weekend then basically if I look at just the calorie intakes... Oh well, tomorrow's a new day and i'll be back at it and to to the gym.

Good Luck at the gym tomorrow Howie - Let us know how it goes!

artist
01-31-2005, 06:48 AM
Ingrid

KEEP POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To me, that is what this forum is all about........I am sure there are plenty of people reading your posts, who are relieved to know that it is not all plain sailing, and that it is completely and utterly 'normal' (whatever that is) to struggle and have tough times on this journey.

As to the weight you gained - I would guess that a fair bit of that is water weight, not fat, and it is likely to go pretty quickly. I do think you should not give yourself a hard time....maybe set yourself some straightforward day to day 'goals', which have nothing to do with the scale? And try and remember all of the things which have set you up for success so far.....and see which of those you can most easily put back in place?

Please keep checking in with us.........and don't give up on yourself!

barbygirl43
01-31-2005, 10:54 AM
I had an awesome weekend. I did the 3 mile WATP tape on Saturday and started out my day on Sunday with the 4-mile super challenge. IT was an awesome walk and my little 2 mile WATP this morning seemed almost too easy. :)

My eating was great as well. I even turned down chocolate, apple pie, and ice cream on Friday and Saturday nights!!. We play penny poker with my parents on the weekends and that's usually a time to just pig out on junk food. I had already planned my day and my alloted calories so I popped some light popcorn and munched on it while they ate the chocolate and other "goodies."

Ingrid--Please don't be down on yourself. Like you said, there is no way you've gained that amount of weight in that amount of time. Do you have a digital scale? maybe it's time to change the batteries. If you don't have a digital scale, maybe it's time to upgrade. I know my old dial scale when it went out, I could weigh in at about 195 when I was more like 275. Please don't let this one weight make you give up. You are doing great and you can do this!!!!

Claire--I hope that cold leaves you soon. WTG on buying healthy food and getting back on track after the chips.

Howie--that is great that you were able to limit your treat night and not go overboard. I no longer do the treat night, instead I plan for events in my life (ex. sons b-day party is thursday and then valentine's day dinner) and will allow myself extra calories on those days.

Celina--I hate it when you plan for something good and wholesome (especially when it sounds yummy) and then it gets changed. Just think of it as one meal and it's over with you still have many, many, many more meals where you can eat healthy.

Stinger766
01-31-2005, 02:48 PM
Hi everyone.

Well, my pity party is over. lol. I feel bad that I just started posting here again and that all I've done is complain and whine about my situation. I know logically that the only way to lose weight is to keep on track and that I can't be perfect all the time. I agree that I need to make goals on a daily or weekly basis and quit looking at the past or the big picture. When I was losing last year I had to stop looking so far ahead too and that's when things went really well. I'm going back to that. :)

I reweighed this morning and I've gained 6 lbs, not the 12 that the scale said yesterday. 6 sucks but I can live with and expected that. I'm moving on from everything that's happened the last few months and starting fresh today. I stayed home from work because I'm not feeling well and my son was up 4 times last night so I have some time to regroup and get my head back on straight.

I truly appreciate everyone's support and kind words. I promise you'll see the old me again from now on!

Have a great week everyone and talk to you soon!

Keillynsmom
01-31-2005, 04:15 PM
Hi,

Is it too late to join in? I've been waffling with this for over a year now and am back up about 15 lbs over my low of 292 lbs. I started back at the gym last week and back to walking on a regular basis. I did "okay" over the weekend but broke my low-carbness for a dinner with friends.

My goals for this week are:

Get in the water (64-80 oz/day)
Walk 3 miles/day
Journal every day

Many thanks!

artist
01-31-2005, 04:32 PM
Hi guys

How is everyone doing?

I am doing OK. Actually, I am pretty pleased with myself - I have just spent 4 days resting, and not doing very much, in an attempt to get rid of this very-long-lasting cold. Well, I still have the cold (SIGH), but given all of the boredom-induced eating opportunities I could have done a lot lot lot worse. I cooked a great carrot, ginger and coriander soup yesterday, and have been living off that.....and tonight I cooked a huge pan of chicken curry, which I will live off for the rest of the week.....I over did the chilli peppers, and need to add copious amounts of lowfat yogurt....ah well, they say spicy stuff is good for the cold. I'm still ignoring those scales - no exercise, which means despite the healthy eating it will not be good news....

Keillynsmom
02-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Hi, all,

Hope you feel better, Claire!

I'm still good with the gym, but didn't get in my miles yesterday (though I did do a lot of walking out in the plant) and did not get in my water. Good with the food plan.

How is every one else doing?

Barb

Br00klyn
02-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Doing alright.. was off plan yesterday however today is February 1st and I'm keen on kicking some major butt over in the Points Challenge so I'm ready to roll! Totally back OP today and am hoping for tons of 4 point days right up until Valentines :)

So far today is great, I'm excited for my lunch - I have a red pepper, 1/2 a cucumber, some baby carrots and some grape tomatoes - plus some chili pepper hummus for dipping and a cheesestring from my afternoon snack!! YUMMY!

How's today going so far for you folks?

barbygirl43
02-01-2005, 12:51 PM
still going strong. Been getting up early in the mornings to exercise and that seems to be helping to curb my appetite because I haven't been eating as much and I haven't been as hungry.

howie6267
02-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Doing good here. Second day of swimming went well. I have been eating really well also.

artist
02-02-2005, 03:08 AM
Hi people....hows it going????

I am doing good on the healthy eating front - ate a large bowl of homemade chicken curry and steamed cauliflower last night - it was delicious, even tho I cooked it myself! Still not exercising, since yes, I am still afflicted by this horrible cold....am beginning to think that it has moved in permanently....maybe I should start exercising to frighten it off???? Now thats a thought....

Keillynsmom
02-02-2005, 12:20 PM
I think I'm doing okay but I always feel a little on edge -- I've been on and off program so much, I don't really trust myself to stick to it. But made it to the gym yesterday and today (arms yesterday, legs today) and got in 2.33 miles yesterday and already have 1.29 miles today. And I actually got in all the water I wanted yesterday -- and I found out why drinking water helps you lose water weight (if you're thirsty, your mind sends out signals to every part of your body to conserve -- even lessening the amount of water you breathe out normally). Though it didn't help on the scale!

Claire, that sounds great! I'm going to have to learn to cook real food soon.

Howie, what are you doing in the pool? Straight laps or do you have a program?

howie6267
02-02-2005, 03:00 PM
Really it's a mix of different kinds of laps. I don't know the different styles I just swim. I did find if I go on my back and bring my knees way up that works well. Then I just paddle while turned on my stomach and then I do traditional style laps. Not very good at that.

barbygirl43
02-02-2005, 03:21 PM
WTG Claire on still sticking with the eating. I hope this stuff leaves you soon. Have you been to the doc? I know here in Okla. there is pneumonia going around and many children have had to be hospitalized because of it.

I'm still staying so on track it scares me. I just hope I can keep it up long enough for these changes to become habits. :)

artist
02-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Hi guys, hows it going?

Barbara - I'm a novice in the real cooking game.....my new years resolution was to learn to cook a new (healthy!) dish every week....so far my new repertoire includes risotto, chicken/vegetable curry, chicken provencale, tomato soup, carrot, ginger and coriander soup....not bad, eh? Actually, I am really enoying cooking....never ever ever ever thought I would say that!

Dawnyal - hmm, as to the never-going-to-leave-me cold, no haven't been to the Doctor yet. I did go to 2 different pharmacists today, and have started taking echinaea to boost my immune system, and tablets to clear the sinuses. The sinus tablets have really helped.....I am beginning to feel better.....its so nice to be able to breathe again!

As to the healthy eating......still going strong........so hopefully once I get back to exercising, I might even see some results!!!!!

Br00klyn
02-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Good job you guys on keeping with it!!! :)

As for me, the past couple days I've been totally back on plan so with the exception of my couple bad days over the weekend I've been doing good. I'm just about to head out to the gym then am picking up some Mr. Sub for dinner so all is good here. :)

I have even more motivation now... just booked a ticket to go to Orlando, FL at the end of March for 8 days to relax at a 5 star resort. This is very exciting for me as I haven't done much travelling yet - only within Canada so far. :D Yipee! I'm thrilled and its even better as it was such a last minute decision as my mom was going for business so she suggested I join her yesterday, then this morning I found a great seat sale and booked it!!

Claire - Would love your recipe for Chicken Curry - Wanna share??

Anyways, I'm off to get ready for the gym... I'll check back later!

:goodluck:

teapotdynamo
02-03-2005, 09:03 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say that you guys are doing awesome! I am so jealous of your vaca, Celina. I'd be at the pool every day, because I love to swim.

Dawnyal, you're on a serious roll lately!

And, Claire, a recipe for Chicken Curry sounds GREAT! I too am a novice in the kitchen, but i'm trying to do a little more this year. I'm making Chicken Kabobs with couscous tonight, so we'll see how it turns out. My hubby is an amazing cook, so it's so tempting to let him do most of it, but I know he would prefer that I do a little more.

p.s. I had that cold that wouldn't go away just recently. I never know if I should be exercising or not. The research I did said that if your symptoms are from the neck up, it's fine to do some light cardio, but if you have symptoms below the neck (chest, etc.) to hold off. Hope that helps!

barbygirl43
02-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Celina that sounds like such fun. I'm planning to take a cruise in April 2006 (hopefully I'll have enough points to get it!!) and that will be my big vacation.

Claire--glad to hear the medicine is helping.

Jennifer--you too are doing awesome. You're getting closer and closer now. Your new Avatar looks awesome BTW!!!!

I'm still right on track. Got up at 5:30 this morning to do the 4 mile WATP tape. I could've easily crawled back into bed, but me moving the alarm to across the room helped on that front. Then I got my lunch started. I'm making enchilida soup for my coworkers so I had to do some preprep at home. I did go ahead and step on the scale this morning so I could see just how bad birthday cake is going to set me back and I've only lost .5 since Monday. It kind of bummed me out but when I looked back at what I've been eating, I haven't really varied it much and I know, for me, I do better if I alternate eating on the high end of calories one day and low end the next. I'm not going to let it get me down. My baby turns 1 today :D

Sheila53
02-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Dawnyal, any loss is a good loss, but I do know how you feel. Those little piddly amounts after doing well are discouraging, but remember that's only since Monday.

Until this week, I'd been doing well since December 31. But the stress of getting the house ready for sale and then showing it have wreaked some major havoc on my eating plan this past week. And I'm doing some heavy craving right now. Since I'm struggling, I thought I'd better check out this thread for some much-needed support. Goal seems so close, yet so far away for me, if you know what I mean. :(

Keillynsmom
02-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Dawnyal, happy birthday to your little one! I miss having one I can carry -- mine are nearly 5 & 8 now. Great job sticking with it -- it's hard when you don't see the results you want!

Celina -- sounds like a great vacation! I wouldn't mind a little sunshine nowadays.

Made it to the gym and 2.62 miles, got in my water and stuck to my eating plan (such that it is) and still not seeing anything on the scale. mega-sigh. Feeling a little disheartened but it will happen. Hope everyone is doing well!

artist
02-03-2005, 02:28 PM
OK.....just finished the last of the chicken curry, and my mouth is still burning.....here's the recipe, its really easy - believe me if I can cook it, anyone can.....

For 4 servings

Fry (using frylight spray), in large pan, 2 chopped onions, 4 crushed garlic cloves, a chunk of grated fresh root ginger for around 5 mins, until onions are golden.

Mix 1 tsp ground coriander, 1 tsp ground fenugreek, 1 tsp curry powder (more if you like it strong!), 1 tsp salt, 400g/14 oz can of tomatoes and 2 tbsp lemon juice in a bowl. Pour this into the pan, and get it bubbling.

Add 350g/12 oz skinless chicken - either in small chunks, or larger pieces, depending on how you like it! Add 1/2 red pepper, and 1/2 green pepper, chopped, plus 1/2/3 chillies (depending on how hot you like it!), chopped. Simmer on low heat for 30 to 45 mins - basically until chicken is cooked, and sauce reduces.

Serve with fresh coriander. And if you like your curry creamy, let it cool for a bit, and then stir in some low fat/fat free natural yogurt.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Br00klyn
02-04-2005, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the recipe Claire - I may try it this weekend as I absolutely love curry but have never made it at home. I'm just not sure though what "fenugreek" is???

Dawynal - You're on such a great role !!! Keep it up girlfriend!!

Howie - So happy that you've taken up the swimming - you seem to be doing really well with it!

Great Job to everyone else!!! :D We've made it to Week #2 - Now, as of tomorrow its the start of our final week - so cmon' ladies (& Howie) let's make the final one count!! I may keep something going for us who are struggling a little - Let me know what you figure and I'll try to think up something creative!!

As for me, today was fantastic - OP w/ food & Water and I was a machine at the gym, I went and did 10 mins. cardio, then full body weights for about 45 mins - THEN, I went to Dance Fever again - 3rd week in a row! :) Had a blast but I'm pooped... my body feels like jello so I'm going to bed. I really hope I see a loss next week... I just maintained this past week, but that's cuz I skipped the gym & OP Eating for basically 4 days.. GRRRR! I have to stop doing that!

gracie4719
02-04-2005, 01:25 AM
I'm joining you even though you're on your last week. I'd be happy get in a routine for a week. Water, exercise, stay on program. Why does it sound so easy. Gracie 4719

artist
02-04-2005, 03:08 AM
Celina - sounds like you are doing great! It would be great to keep this support group going after week 3 - I look forward to your creativity....!!! As to the fenugreek - well, shhhh, tell you a secret, I didn't know what it was either, but its a kind of spice. If you can't find it, you could try some cumin instead. Or just leave it out.......I think its the curry powder which adds most of the flavour!!! Let me know how it tastes.....

I am reduced to laughing at myself today. I have honestly, honestly, honestly stuck with my healthy eating programme for the last few weeks........no exercise (other than a 20/30 minute walk most days), due to the Everlasting Cold (yes, its still with me....aaaarggghhhh), and I have managed to put on 4 pounds. This makes no sense to me at all - I would expect to maintain, since I'm not exercising......Anyway. I am just laughing.....I am imagining that maybe if I have a week or so of eating really unhealthily, I could drop a few pounds???? Shall I try it??? What do you all think????

teapotdynamo
02-04-2005, 08:49 AM
Sheila,

Just wanted to offer a word of encouragement to tell you that YOU CAN DO THIS. It's always the hardest when something difficult is happening in your life, and it's easy to lose your hyperfocus on losing weight. One thing that my hubby reminds me (and I now remind myself) is how much better I feel when I stay on plan, even when things around me are chaos. If I give in and start eating like a maniac or stop exercising, I end up feeling SO MUCH WORSE in the long run. I suspect that's true for you, too.

I have so much respect for what you've done and are going to do. Just remind yourself continually that this is a temporary blip (I know when I'm struggling, it feels like forever) and you know what to do and how to do it.

One more thing -- do you think it's possible that you might be a little scared of reaching goal? I know some people on here have struggled with thatt before, and it seems to make sense, especially since losing is something at which you've obviously been successful. Maintenance really does seem like the hardest part, so maybe you're a little scared of moving to that next phase. Feel free to tell me to buzz off if I'm wrong, but I did want to throw it out there.

Congrats again on all your progress. Can't wait to congratulate you when you hit goal!

barbygirl43
02-04-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm recovering from the birthday party last night. It was a huge success. (I posted a link if you want to look at the pics). I ate less for dinner than what I had planned for and only went over by about 150 calories for the day (and that's including the cake and ice cream). Afterward though I started hurting (my ovaries and lower back) so I don't know if I'm PMSing or what. I ended up taking a pain killer and going to bed at 9:30.

I did however get up this morning feeling much better and got in my 2 mile WATP tape. and then I get to work and the Girl Scout cookies are in. Silly me bought four boxes back when I was slipping. They had some new ones called Iced Berry Pinatas. I took out 2 (for 130 calories) as my morning snack and passed the box around to the coworkers to finish off for me. The rest will go in serving bags for the kids to have as snacks.

well I need to do some work this morning since I'm leaving at noon. William has his one year checkup and then pictures.

Stinger766
02-04-2005, 11:57 PM
Once again no good news on the eating and exercise front for me but I did have another telling moment today.

I left my son's father's house a little while ago after having a meal that was very bad for me. As I was leaving for some unknown reason I realized that I think I'm failing on purpose! That might sound strange but something Jennifer said above made me realize that's really part of what my problem is. When I decided to take my holiday break (and gain 23 lbs!) I had been completely OP food wise and exercising 5 times a week all year and had lost 96 lbs in 10 months. I had seen a few weeks where nothing had changed as far as my commitment and I wasn't losing. (The dreaded plateau). I think something in the back of my mind was/is telling me it's better to fail when you're not trying than to fail when you are doing your best. Why I didn't realize this until now I have no idea. My son's father even bought me a treadmill right before I started the holiday break and it kind of freaked me out that someone believed in my weight loss so much that they would spend so much of their money to help me. I think at that point I was starting to feel pressure to have to continue and realized that other people were really invested in my weight loss too. That should have made me very happy but I think it just scared the he** out of me.

I'm sure I'm rambling and this may not make a lot of sense to anyone but me but I think I finally get it! Strange how these things come to me from no where from time to time. lol.

Thanks for keeping this thread going everyone. It's been great to watch everyone's progress and talk through the struggles too.

Here's to hoping when I wake up tomorrow that I'm back on track and that I've really found the key to my lack of motivation the last few months.

Br00klyn
02-05-2005, 10:47 AM
Ingrid - I think its wonderful that you're doing so much self-realization, you've been really focused on what makes you "tick" lately and I think that is essential in order to start living a healthy lifestyle. You've made a lot of realizations lately and now rather than focusing on the negative, focus on the positive - the fact that you did realize it and do something to change it!!! :) Good Luck my friend - I know you will succeed!

Great Job Everyone else and Dawnyal, Its gotta be said - You're really on fire this time aren't ya?? ;)

As for me, totally OP here - I did have my treat night but still managed to stay under 1800 caloris - I'm so very proud!!! Just got up today, and I'll be heading out to the gym in about 20 mins, then grab some breakie and start the day. I do have to go into work this afternoon for 5 hours though. :( Grrrr.... Oh well, its still early, I hope I can get a lot accomplished before going to work.

I'll check in later....

Stinger766
02-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Celina, you're the best! Thanks again for the support. I'm so impressed by what you've been doing lately in your own weight loss journey. You rock! lol.

As for me......I'm back OP!!! I walked 4 miles on the treadmill today and I've 100% eaten on plan. (Actually I've hardly eaten anything but only because I got up so late that breakfast was at lunch time and it's too early for dinner). No, I'm not starving myself. I did get on the scale today and again very bad news (Up another 7 lbs, that's 13 in two weeks!) but I'm on the way down, no matter what.

Hope everyone else is having a successful and fun weekend.

artist
02-06-2005, 11:39 AM
hey Ingrid - the most important thing is that your right back on plan.....that's fantastic. Don't worry about the scales - as you said, you're on the way down, and that is what counts. I think what you wrote about the pressures from other people is very insightful - it creates a kind of pressure that you really don't need. I'm sure now that you've recognised what is going on, it will be easier to get through it.

Celina - you are doing brilliantly....you must be feeling great!

As for me. Well, I still have the longest-lasting-cold-in-the-history-of-the-world, and I am still eating healthily and not exercising. This week is going to be a really tough week for me - lots of very difficult relationship stuff, and my mum is having minor surgery on Tuesday - but I am determined to absolutely minimise any 'comfort eating'. When I'm tempted, I keep telling myself that a) eating fatty/sugary food is not going to make the difficult times go away b) chances are the difficult times are going to be here for a while, and its going to do me no good at all to eat my way through them. Hopefully, I will stay strong!

Stinger766
02-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Thanks Claire.

Today is officially day two and I'm right on track. I walked my 4 miles on the treadmill and I've eaten great so far. I went grocery shopping and bought lots of fruits and veggie (which I love even when I'm not losing weight) and I bought Lean Cuisine's etc for lunches at work. (That's my biggest down fall).

I think I'm actually back for good. I feel great after just one day of eating right and exercising and wonder why I ever quit.

Tomorrow is my official weigh in day so we'll see what that brings.

Br00klyn
02-06-2005, 06:36 PM
YAY! Everyone's doing great! :)

Ingrid - Day #2 - That's an excellent start - just be confident with yourself! :) Keep going - remember 21 days will make it habit - I'll keep up with you !!! Lets do it! How's today going so far?

As for me, still going strong - I'm very happy, I finally bought Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal!! Everyone on here has been raving about it for so long, then I couldn't find it anywhere - just found it and bought it and its GREAT! I love it... Very yummy and satisfying!

Br00klyn
02-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Oh you guys, I'm soooo proud of myself. Steve is out for Superbowl and so I was on my own for dinner, which meant ordering in... and I was so close to pizza or something bad as I was having a really bad craving, but instead I ordered Swiss Chalet AND I even skipped the fries (even though they're my favorite) - I just ordered in a quarter chicken w/ rotisserie veggies and garden salad. I've looked at the nutritional guide and its a 400 calorie full meal. :) YAY! It looks yummy too... can't wait until it arrives.. Heres' what I ordered:

http://www.swisschalet.ca/ourmenu/lighter_favourites.htm

Stinger766
02-06-2005, 09:24 PM
Celina,

That dinner looks delicious! I had baked chicken and salad for dinner, with my homemade dressing (4 grams of fat) and strawberries and grapes for dessert (my son's idea, lol). I feel great about what I ate today and I'm glad I exercised this morning too.

Starting tomorrow I'm going to try to get up at 5am and walk on the treadmill before work because our evenings are so hectic around here. I'm not sure I'll succeed and may have to do it after my son goes to bed at 8:30pm but we'll see.

I'm back on track though and I feel emotionally and physically great!

Br00klyn
02-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Good for you Ingrid! You're doing fantastic!! :)

The dinner was marvelous and I'm a nice feeling full - rather than the gross feeling I would have had, had I gone for the pizza. I've been fairly productive today too - all I have left to do is vacuum to finish the school work and I'll probably do some laundry tonight too! :) Maybe some school work too, we'll see - afterall, I need a few minutes to relax before a new work week, then again - I have a 3 day weekend coming up for next weekend! :D

How did everyone else's weekend go??

barbygirl43
02-07-2005, 04:28 PM
WTG Everyone.

Still hanging in there. I had a horrible day food wise yesterday but I did do 7 miles of WATP and about 10-15 min. of the instructional tae bo tape. But I'm back on track today.

Br00klyn
02-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Dawnyal, you've been doing fabulous! Forget about yesterday, it doesn't matter! Focus on how great you've been doing... :cheer: You go girl!

As for me, things are still going strong. I'm looking forward to weighing in on Wednesday, I wanna see how I did for a loss cuz I honestly haven't stepped on the scale in a week which is amazing since I'm normally a scale junkie! :lol:

Where are all my other struggler challengers!??!!? :s: Are you still out there? :eek: C'mon, check in!!!! I'm sure you're doing great...

We've got this habit beat ladies (and Howie) :high: Just a couple more days to go! Don't worry, if you still wanna keep going - we can start another challenge ;) Let me know if you wanna?!

barbygirl43
02-09-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm still on track. I didn't let that one day ruin my change of lifestyle. I'm still getting up early to exercise (I even get up at 5:30 now all the time so I can get in 1 hour in the mornings). I'm trying to save anywhere from 100-300 calories a day so I can have the extra ones for this weekend since that's when Jeff and I will be celebrating valentine's day :flame::cofdate: I even just passed up the chance to go out with coworkers to eat (which would've probably been over 1000 calories) and instead made my sandwiches like I had planned.

Oh and I too tend to hover around my scale and I am down 2 pounds since Monday. See, I'm a lot more happier this week because I know, barring any major slipups that I will have a loss for the week :) whereas at this time last week when I was dissappointed in the .5 loss, I knew that by the end of the week, I would have a gain. But, I also know that since I've figured this system out, it will change on me.

WTG Celina on staying on plan.

artist
02-10-2005, 03:40 AM
Celina and Dawnyal - so glad to hear that you guys are going strong....it is very impressive!

As for me. Well, given that I am having a very tough week, I am proud of the way I am handling things foodwise.....its true, I have eaten too much healthy food, and its true that I am turning to food for comfort - but at least I am turning to healthy food rather than fat/sugar/junk! Actually, I am quite amazed at myself - I keep making these 'deals' with myself, like OK, you can have some chips (ie way way way too many) when you've eaten a healthy meal, or made that phone call, or whatever......and so far the delay tactics seem to work - have not yet succumbed to those chips....

The good news is my cold is finally beginning to depart (its been over a month.....), and hopefully I can get back to the swimming pool at the weekend......

What about everybody else?

barbygirl43
02-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Yeah claire :cheer: that is great that the cold is departing. WTG on the delay tactics. Sometimes that's what it takes.

Still doing well. I finally made it around to trying out the tae bo tape last night. It wasn't as rough and tough as I had first feared. I made i through the whole thing. I just skipped out on a couple of the leg reps--I did do all the exercises with at least 2 reps but some I just walked in place to. Then this morning I figured I would try Karen Voight's total body pilates (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000639GS/qid=1108054738/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-5405738-2429554?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846) for my exercise this morning. That thing was tougher than the tae bo. I made it through about 15 minutes of it and then just gave up and took a mini nap on the floor. So now that means I will have to get in my walking exercise tonight. I really liked the pilates for dummies and I'll have to check it out at the library again.

Stinger766
02-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Hi ladies (and of course Howie).

Well, my food is 100% back on track. I haven't walked on the treadmill since Sunday though. I'm not sure what the hold up is there but I'm off work today (needed a mental health day plus my sinuses are killing me) so I'm going to walk today and the rest of this week.

I cheated and got on the scale this morning but luckily it was good news. I've lost 3 lbs since Monday. I'll be happy if I just keep that off but happier if I lose more. I'm still 20 lbs more than when I started my "break" in mid Nov but I'm sure that will be off in the next few months.

I'm so happy to see that everyone is doing so well and in such good spirits. I say we continue this thread past the original time frame. I like having a set of people in particular that I am accountable to and can keep up with their progress.

Talk to you all soon and keep up the great work!

Keillynsmom
02-10-2005, 08:43 PM
Great work, folks!!

I'm still plugging away at it. I've made it to the gym every day (switching off upper and lower body workouts) except once -- my youngest came down with step, an ear infection and pink eye. I've made at least a mile a day and usually a little over two. I need to push the miles up -- I'm going at a rate of 2.5 - 2.8 mph -- or maybe start using the incline cause I'm not seeing any scale movement. sigh.

Br00klyn
02-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Glad to hear everyone is doing well! Great Job! :bravo:

Ingrid - I'm with you... I like having somewhere to check in, we'll keep this one going and then maybe start a new one! :)

As for me, another succesful but upsetting day - I did all on plan, eating the gym and all my water.. But, I'm a little discouraged, I've been doing great with my plan, however got on the scale tonight and it hasn't moved. :( Well to be honest, I got on the scale 4 times and each time it was something different. I'm a little confused though as when I weighed in at the other gym location, I was down 1 lb. Hmmph - I was really expecting a good loss this week. I guess I'll just keep pluggin' away at it and hope for a loss by next week.... Its kind of a big de-motivator though. :(

artist
02-11-2005, 03:40 AM
Celina, honey, don't let that scale get you down.......you're doing all the right things, and one way or another your body is going to be thanking you for it......you just keep going, and the you are going to see great results!

Me, I am still eating healthily, despite the various trials and traumas in my life. I have to start back at the pool/gym this weekend - it has been a long long while; now this cold is on its way out, I have no excuses!

And I'm definitely up for continuing on this thread - I find it really helps to have somewhere to check in...

barbygirl43
02-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Celina--I agree. Don't let it bum you out. Have you checked your measurements lately? Maybe your losing fat and building that muscle and your inches are going down.

Claire--Woohoo on the getting back to the pool. I know you're going ot have a blast.

I too agree on either continuing this thread or starting a new one. I like being able to come here and post that I'm doing well and it's even helped when I had that one bad day to get back on track.

Br00klyn
02-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Well I think the scale had to have just been playing tricks on me on Thursday night... I stepped on the scale today and am at 246! :D So, I'm down 2 lbs. this week... Now, thats more like it.

My weekends pretty good.. I think I have my Weekly Treat Night very well under control.. Last night was my treat night, we ordered in Pizza but got Chicken Pizza's... and I was still under 1900 calories for the day! :D So, I still got my food points! :)

As for today, well Steve's gone out to the mountains skiing.. I slept in until 10:30am then got up and headed to the gym for a great workout! I did 50 minutes of cardio, lower body weight's, abs and stretching - just got home and I feel great.. Now, I just have to kick my butt off these forums and get working on some school work. Blah! :)

How's everyone else's weekend going????

Well there seems to be a lot of us wanting to keep this thread going... and I'm in there too... So, consider it done! We will keep posting here! :)

SuchAPrettyFace
02-13-2005, 10:09 PM
I have been doing ok. Not fabulous. My gym is apparently a bunch of :censored: :censored: ing :censored: s!!! My treat today is Tangerine Kool Aid made w/only 3/4 cup sugar. I might water it down even more later.

Keep fighting the good fight everyone!

artist
02-14-2005, 03:06 AM
Hi guys

I've been doing well.......apart from Saturday, when I decided to crack, after all of the strains and pressures of the week, and succumbed to an unsightly and unmentionable amount of Pringles. Still, got right back on track on Sunday - and, I am pleased to announce, went swimming for half an hour, which felt great! First exercise I have done in a long long time.....just have to make sure I keep going....

Celina - great job on being 2lbs down....you are doing really well, girl!

Hows everyone else doing?

barbygirl43
02-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Celina--that is great. All that hard work is paying off.

Claire--With all that you have been through these past weeks, I would've succumbed to those pringles a long time ago. It's great that you go right back on track and are on plan.

I had a nice, awesome banquet to attend on Friday night. I ate as few calories as possible leading up to it. The highlight of it was the cherry chocolate cheese cake and I slowly, slowly enjoyed every last bite of it. I made sure that I left a couple bites of everything else on my plate. I even had 2 alcoholic drinks and only went over just 100 calories for the day.
Saturday, Jeff and I celebrated Valentine's day and I planned on going over my calories but was over about 1,000 and that's all. To make up for it, I did 10 miles of WATP yesterday morning. All in all it was a great weekend and I got right back on track yesterday.

Now I did struggle this morning for getting up early. but i forced myself out of bed and into the bedroom.

Stinger766
02-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Hi everyone.

Great updates for everyone! Congrats for sticking with your plans and for losing or achieving other goals.

I lost 3 lbs. Thursday it said 3, Saturday 6, then 3 again today. Honestly it was a little let down after Saturday but my goal is 2 per week, like I was doing before my break so I'm happy.

Today was a good day food wise until late afternoon and dinner has been terrible. I'm back on plan again tomorrow though. Valentine's day is stressful for me (see the weekly weigh in thread or my picture thread) so I'm not surprised I had a mini melt down today food wise. I'm determined to lose this weight though and am focused on getting back to the 254 I was in mid November and going on from there.

Keep it up everyone. We're all doing great!!!

artist
02-15-2005, 03:21 AM
Hey guys

How is it going?

Ingrid - congrats on the 3lb loss.....as to the Valentine's Day thing - you got through it......well, it was a tough day for me too - my partner and I are going through a difficult time right now, and weren't able to be together...sometimes you just have to let yourself be bad, and go a bit off track, and then you just have to get right back to it.....

Me, I did OK food-wise yesterday, and I went swimming for 30 mins....that's 2 days in a row, so hopefully I am beginning to build that exercise habit again.

Plucked up the courage to get on the scale this morning - and I have pretty much been maintaining for the last few weeks, which given that I have been eating healthily, but unable to exercise, makes sense. It is scary though - makes me realise how important it is to exercise.....

barbygirl43
02-15-2005, 11:04 AM
Ingrid--that is awesome. WTG on making it through the day. You have certainly come a long way and I know you are an inspiration to me. Sometimes we need to slide a little to get some of that motivation back and it looks like yours is back and in full force.

Claire--That's good that you maintained and didn't gain with not exercising like you wanted. Good job on the 2 days in a row. I think your cold may have headed this way though.

I woke up this morning with an itchy scratchy throat. I tried to do the 4 mile super challenge and made it through two miles. I didn't want to overexert myself. I wasn't getting winded or anything but I couldn't take those deep cleansing breaths to let in some oxygen. Oh and I had one small piece of chocolate yesterday (sure it was 75 calories for one but I ate it really, really slow and enjoyed every last bite :D)

howie6267
02-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Hi all just thought I would check in. Kimberley and I also indulged in some chocolate yesterday. We each had one of those new hersey bars. It was within our plan though. They are 210 calories and 9 grams of fat. I've been doing really well lately. Yesterday was the start of my third week at the Y and I have not missed a weekday yet. I don't go on the weekends. Those two days are mine. With work and working out that is pretty much all I can do during the week.

dragonwoman64
02-15-2005, 01:27 PM
We celebrated V-day with a homemade dinner Saturday, which wasn't too bad, but we celebrated again yesterday, and having that many days going over plan I have a feeling Friday's weigh in won't be a good un. I got up early and did some extra exercise, and I think I'll do that tomorrow too. We have way too much chocolate in the house.

Stinger766
02-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Congrats to everyone for sticking with it. I won't go into my day (it wasn't good) but I'm again going to start again as of now.

Dragonwoman, we're exactly the same weight! I don't think I've ever had that since I started coming here, that someone was my exact weight. I thought that was interesting. :)

Keep up the great work everyone. You all inspire me!!

dragonwoman64
02-16-2005, 09:42 AM
Dragonwoman, we're exactly the same weight! I don't think I've ever had that since I started coming here, that someone was my exact weight. I thought that was interesting. :)

Hey, Ingrid, great going on the 3 lbs. I just sucked this holiday and will pay for it, I'm sure (so we may not stay the same weight for long, doh!). But, gotta keep plugging at it. I'm throwing in some extra exercise sessions, did today and will tomorrow. Friday is my weigh in day.

Take care,

Br00klyn
02-16-2005, 10:48 AM
Well Valentines Day wasn't too bad for me, I was probably about 500 calories over, but I worked out for 2 hours that morning and did get in all my water.

However, yesterday was a different story - we had a potluck at work and I totally overate... Totally off plan for dinner too. Then rather than working out, I went home, had a ton of coffee and did accomplish a whole assignment for my Law Course so even though, it was a bad day, I'm very happy with how productive I was.

Anyways, totally back on track today... and that's the key is stepping right back on plan after a day off, never let it turn into more than a day or two or its really easy for things to spiral out of control. :)

Everyone here seems to be doing great.... I'll check in again later! :D

Stinger766
02-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Good job as always to everyone.

Celina, I was off plan yesterday too but I didn't get anything done to make up for it. lol. I think you're doing great and are 100% right about not letting things get out of control for more than a day or two.

Today I'm totally back on the food plan and have eaten within my fat gram limit. I should drink more water though and will try to do that after I get done here tonight.

Keep up the great work people. We're all going to make it to our goals, short and long term.

dragonwoman64
02-17-2005, 09:45 AM
I stayed on program yesterday and added an extra 1/2 hour exercise. No chocolate passed these lips. :tape:

I'm wearing my reward shirt for losing the last 5 lbs to help motivate me today. Here's a pic of me in it. :)

barbygirl43
02-17-2005, 11:31 AM
WTG Celina on getting back on track and not beating yourself up over splurging.

Ingrid--it sounds like you are getting back on track as well. Keep up the good work.

Marge--that is a pretty shirt. WTG on going the extra mile

I've still be staying OP and getting in my exercise. Of course the boss just came by and said she's buying pizza for lunch today for all of us since we are having a powwow meeting. So now I've got to adjust what I'll be eating tonight since I have to go to a meeting where we are sampling new recipes and all aren't healthy. I'll just plan to eat less tomorrow to help make up for it.

SuchAPrettyFace
02-17-2005, 06:22 PM
VD wasn't bad for me at all. :D I got a homemade 8-CD set, Prince's Greatest Hits. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Wonderful non caloric gift, and much more well thought out than flowers (I'm allergic) and not as naughty as Russell Stover's Coconuts.

I'm on a new birth control pill, have been taking it in the morning, and by 2, I've got gutrot & haven't been eating dinner. So tonight at the gym we'll see if it's had an effect on the scale.

Tonight is my personal trainer evaluation + we are going thru my new program. I really hate my new gym. Too many people, all of them strangers, and everything I want to do is on the third floor. :lol: So I will lose weight just getting to the weight room, nevermind actually lifting them.

Hope everyone else is doing grrrrrrreat! :)

glynne
02-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Been kind of struggling the last couple days ~ feeling weak (tempted to eat something I shouldn't). Feeling kind of in a funk today ~ can't put my finger on it. Usually talking to my mom helps ~ but that didn't seem to help today. Every time she says something to Dad, he growls and snaps at her. I love them both and it is hard to listen to that.

Thoughts about food have been taking over my thoughts more the last couple days. This feeling like I would just like to kind of eat anything that struck my fancy ~ not count and measure ~ just eat what ever it was until I felt satisfied. I have resisted the urge ~ from past experience I know that I might enjoy it at the moment, but then I won't feel good about having done it afterwards. But having resisted hasn't given me any satisfaction either. I am feeling like I just wish I could go to sleep and not think about it, but I have stuff to do, so I shouldn't do that. I don't feel like doing the stuff I should be doing. Grrrrr. What is wrong with me?

So, I am here writing ~ knowing that some one of you all will probably understand.

Thanks for listening.

Stinger766
02-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Gayle,

I could have written that at many times myself in the last three months. It goes in cycles with me. I'm good and don't think about bad food or feel tempted and then I'll go through a stage where every day is a big struggle. You know you can get through it and coming here was definitely a good thing because you know we're all here for you and going through the same feelings.

I hope everyone else is having a successful day. I'm having a great day food wise but still can't seem to get on the exercising band wagon. I figure good food is better than nothing and I still feel good about it. I decided tonight that after 2 bad days this week and TOM due any time now I won't be weighing in on Monday so as not to get discouraged and quit (again!). I'll be shooting for 4 lbs loss by the 28th.

I'll check in again tomorrow. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!!

Br00klyn
02-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Hello Ladies - Just thought I'd "resurface" this thread to see how your all doing. :D

I'm sure you're doing just great - especially Dawnyal - She's just on fire lately! :strong:

As for me, totally fell off the wagon for like 5 days... its truly amazing how stress can affect you so much. I'm stressed as there was threat of a lockout (still is, but smaller chance) at work and I have a final exam on Saturday that I'm totally unprepared for. I really have to acknowledge when I'm stressed and try and find another way to cope with it. I mean, before I quit smoking last month - that would be my outlet when stressed - Now, I've turned to food... :( Anyways, so yesterday I got back on plan with food & water - just can't get in the exercise until next week as other than work, I'm focused on studying. However, I've lowered my cals. just a little bit to compensate for not exercising.

I plan on not getting on the scale for a week or two as I don't want to get discouraged... Although, having a week off plan, I still don't think I gained much as I was still around 2000-2500 cals. per day and that's what I need to maintain so we'll see... I'll keep you updated!

Now, as for all of you - where are your updates????

dragonwoman64
02-23-2005, 12:28 PM
Gayle, I hope you've cheered up by now. Maybe it's part of the winter blues, I'm feeling it a little too.

In the past week I only had one V-day candy, so that was a success. I've been on program exercise and food wise, got on the scale today (unofficial weigh in) and was disappointed the number wasn't lower. I still have 2 days, so we'll see. I gained 2 lbs last week and wanted to see that and more gone this week; at this point it's looking doubtful, though I know I'll see some loss. I have a feeling I'm going to have to increase the exercise and get the calories down some to keep seeing consistent weight loss. :(

barbygirl43
02-23-2005, 03:12 PM
Celina--I have stumbled a bit. I guess my wagon hit a bump or something and almost derailed me over the weekend with stress. I made it through the weekend with just a few minor scratches but I learned so much from it, I'm actually glad that it was a stressful weekend because I learned that I can handle stress even if it means I need to take a few minutes to myself to just relax. I think I need to learn some breathing and meditation exercises to help me to calm down. Today is the first day I was able to get in my hour walk in the morning and I feel so much more refreshed.

artist
02-23-2005, 05:27 PM
Hey, thanks for updating......I am also struggling. Not really sure why......things are less stressful for me the last week or so than they have been for quite some while - and although I have started exercising again the healthy eating is not really happening. I think I got sidetracked on Saturday night - went out for a very lovely birthday meal - and since then I've been struggling. I know what I need to do, I just need to summon up some determination and motivation to do it!