Support Groups - Chit Chat #106

View Full Version : Chit Chat #106

Jane
01-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Welcome to the Jaded Ladies Club. :wave:

We are a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles. Feel free to join us!!

PamPSM644
01-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Ok,I'm :crossed: I wanted to add stuff to my signature like all you have only I'm not sure how to "cut" and Paste" so I can have a weight loss traker at the bottom.I think I might have an avitar now .? I guess I'll find out when I post this.? Live and learn.

Jane
01-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Here's my little helper: (I made the size only 25% of the original at Photobucket, to comply with the rules)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/JanaCee/Makenzie-Pudding.jpg

Makenzie doesn't have to worry about BLTs (bites, licks, tastes) yet, lol.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/JanaCee/lickthespoon.jpg

Pam - love the new avatar!

Tea Rose
01-19-2005, 04:20 PM
GoodAfternoon Everyone
Happy Birthday Martihttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/tearose1/extra%20pictures/1008-011-41-1040.gif
I hope that you have the most wonderful birthday. I hope all your birthday wishes and dreams come true. I sent your card out late I am so sorry, I have had so much going on , I had it ready to go and then completely forgot, so it will get there late.
I can only say Hi to everyone right now and wish you all a wonderful day. I am so exhausted can't much think let alone type , I am all weepy today , to much stress I think ,for one day, knocked the wind out of me, I promise to catch up soon, I just had to wish Marti a Happy Birthday

PamPSM644
01-19-2005, 04:21 PM
Jane,thanks. Went to "live Chat" but no one there.Boohooo. I want to put a tape with my weight progress but don't know how to cut and paste it to my posts. Another Boohoo.Ohhh,she is sooo cute.Wish I had one. :)

FrouFrou
01-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Afternoon ladies~

Boy am I pooped! Did the Wal-Mart thingy today and was out of a lot of stuff so took a while for the shopping. Of course forgot a couple of things so had to go to the store by the house and then to Walgreens to pick up the pics. Not pleased with them at all but will post some. The ones with the new color all the walls look horrible! The paint looks odd, off from the color they actually are which is kind of weird. I did take some that are on a new roll so may wait till then to post some. :shrug:

:gift: :cb: :hat: :dance: :hb: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Ms. Marti!!!! :hb: :dance: :hat: :cb: :gift: Hope your day is a special one for ya.

Ellen~sooooo sorry to hear about the accident but I am glad that DS wasn't hurt bad. That is always my worst nightmare-a knock at the door in the middle of the night. ((((((HUGS)))))) to you all! I must say we never really do stop worrying do we? I told then kids I will still worry no matter what age they are.

Katie(cat)~so glad to see you checking in girly. Yeah, it was me asking about Netflix. I think we probably would rent more movies if we had them delivered in the mail but we too either end up not watching some that we've rented or they end up being late. We do watch a lot of movies but still not sure if we will do it since we have cable and eventually the movies will either come on Showtime or HBO, hopefully. I need to start taping some again.

Jane~how cute! Bet you guys had fune making the pudding!

Okay, can't remember what all was said on the other thread. I had it all in my mind but DS is distracting me. Can't concentrate what I am doing while he is talking. So...HI to everyone else! :wave:

Need to get going and get some laundry done and straighten a couple of things. Feeling a little better today since I took something for the pain and cramping. So hoping tomorrow I will definitely get my house clean. Anywho...take care ladies and have a wonderful day! See ya :wave:

PamPSM644
01-19-2005, 04:58 PM
Cristi,thats the same tape I wanted but choose the little fat bee instead. How or what the heck is "copy and paste" ?

Marti
01-19-2005, 04:58 PM
Once again thank you all so much!!

Last night (early morning) James was still up when I got home. He asked me when I wanted to open my gifts. I told him either in the morning or RIGHT NOW! :D Then he asked me if I wanted them wrapped. I told him we don't have B-day wrapping paper so just give them to me. (I'm so needy)

He comes out w/this little bag and I got this Herb Garden for my counter top (or kitchen window sill) I've been wanting one!! I was so excited. I was ready to start planting right there!! He also got me another pedometer.

Then he says...wait I have another bag.....goes to the back room and them comes out dragging this huge box (no bag there!) It was my GAZELLE!!!!!

I was all giddy and was just kissing the man like there was no tomorrow!!

So nice.....

I'll do some individuals next time. Today I have some things I need to get done before work.

Talk to you later

Marti
01-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Pam---You want to high light the link you want to copy. Just drag your mouse acrossed it while holding down the left button (on your mouse) then, once you get it highlighted, right click the mouse button and you should see "copy" as one of your options.....then go to where you want to paste......right click your mouse again and paste it down.

Give it a try. I hope I helped.

FrouFrou
01-19-2005, 05:24 PM
Or Pam, you can go to EDIT on your toolbar after you've highlighted and hit copy and then paste.

Marti~so glad you got the Gazelle for your birthday! Now there's no excuse for not exercising! :) I say that and have an exercise room and still don't exercise enough.

Sorry Pam and Ellen I did not even see that you ladies had snuck in before me-ooopsie! Hi to you ladies :wave: I was on the same time as you ladies but didn't think to go to chat. I never can keep track of it, the time. For some reason I thought it was 1 pm my time-wasn't home at that time tho so didn't think to check if anyone was there.

Ellen~sweetie just go down and relax, or try to anyway. After the night you had I would be frazzled and would need to rest to calm down. So take it easy and come back when you are rested.

I may try to ba back later. Not sure what's going on later if anything. Know there are no shows on that I like either so that will give me the opportunity to get on, now to make sure no one else is on. Take care all.

Jane
01-19-2005, 08:18 PM
Pam - I think you're wanting a weight loss tracker, right? If so, just click on somebody else's tracker, and you will be taken to the place to get one. Hope this helps!

FrouFrou
01-19-2005, 10:29 PM
Good evening ladies...

Thought about not posting since no one has posted since I was here last but did say I would be back. Anyway...kind of a waste of a post since I really have nothing to say. :D

Did manage to get some cleaning done downstairs so less to do tomorrow.

Pam~did ya figure out how to do the tracker? Don't think I realized there was a bee. I kind of liked the ones from TickerFactory a little better and they have a turtle that is cute!

Marti~hope you enjoyed your special day!

Did anyone catch American Idol tonight and last night? I only watch the very beginning because it is so funny. Simon is kind of mean but at least he is honest and tells it like it is. No point in sugar coating it if they can't sing. Anyway...it was funny, and scary Mary-OMG! :lol3: :rofl: :lol3: :rofl: It's kind of sad too because people are telling these people that they can sing and they can't, at all. Why would you do that so they could be hurt more and on national tv?!

Guess I will see you ladies tomorrow some time. Going to go and try and find a decent movie on and finish a book I started last night. Pretty short book so won't take long to finish it.

Nighty, night ladies!

da fat n da furious
01-20-2005, 03:39 AM
Cristi I got to watch only part of it with the girl at the end saying your trying to get on my nerves aren't you...lol She really couldn't sing and all those friends of her saying she could...thats just cruel.
Jane, awww I want a lil girl,,,she is just too cute!
Ellen how ya feeling today? get some sleep?
Fantastic with the birthday Marti,,,,so nice to have a man who knows what you want.
Pam, good mileage and room is all I was going for in a vehicle. ok ya I was looking for something that would go with all my outfits...lol
Well I have some pretty wild hair right now,,,red black and blood red again...yikes!
The contractor for the house spent a total of 3 minutes in the house with him walking out saying he would be back to fix it. WEHHHH I admit I was freaking.
The show went well tonight...1/3 of the audience was in tears...lol
Anyway got to get to bed, Brandon has physio in the am...yawn

Jane
01-20-2005, 08:59 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Marti - aww, so glad you got the Gazelle! And the herb garden sounds nice, too. So all in all, you had a pretty good day, huh? Where are you going to put the Gazelle? Don't you have an extra room?

Pam - dang, I stayed in chat for almost 15 minutes, but then Makenzie started to stir, and she likes to be held when she wakes up, so I got off-line. Maybe next time?

Cristi - well, at least your walls look very nice for real, if not in the pictures. Maybe you'll get a good one on the last roll. I thought chat IS at 1pm your time? It's at 2pm my time... Speaking of movies and stuff, there's a small business here that will deliver movies and pizza, salads and subs to houses. Well, not to MY house, since I live so far out, but I think he's doing a real good business. Sounds like a money-maker to me, lol. Wish I'd thought of it first, lol.

Angie - I've got granddaughters out the wahzoo - just come over and pick one out, lol. JK!! Your hair sounds wild - just like you, lol. Hope the physio appt. goes well today for Brandon.

Susan - how did the hearing go?

Today I'm picking up Mackenzie the 5y/o from kindergarten and then we'll have a little lunch and go shopping. I have to run the sweeper in the living room before I go out, though, because it's downright embarrassing how bad it is. :o Wish I'd been like Cristi and got more done yesterday!

Not much else to say... my life is boring! <yawn>

Have a good one, and I'll bbl,

PamPSM644
01-20-2005, 11:32 AM
:coffee2: You all almost lost me. If not for Suzanne I'd still be out in the cold banging to get in.I attempted to change my e-mail and password yesterday and it did not do well. I did learn to copy and paste but it didn't help me then ,I hope it will today. One question all, where the heck do I drag the url once I've got it.All I see on the page is the top example of what I chose and below are 3 urls for various things. I don't see anywhere to paste it down.

Angie,you left them crying.Good for you.I smell Oscar in your future.

Marti,good Birthday. Very good Hubby.Well trained. :lol:

Jane,my son is 29 and not in any hurry to get married or have kids.He's very sensible but dang,I'd love to have a little person to cuddle and play with.

Cristi,the best pat of "Idol" for me is the beganning. How can people be so delusional? They don't seem to care about being humiliated as long as they get on TV.Go figure!

Ellen,come on out and play.We miss you. :wave:

FrouFrou
01-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Good Morning Ladies~

I can't believe this weather we are having. It is supposed 60 today. :sunny: It was just as nice yesterday and I had to open the door it was warm in here. So today I am going for walk outdoors. It is too nice to be indoors today. Hope this doesn't mean we are going to have a late winter and get tons of snow later on.

Pam~okay, what you need to do is copy the second url-I believe it says 3fc above it. Put your cursor at the beginning of it and click on it and it will highlight then go to copy. Then you have to go back to your signature page and put the cursor where you want the tracker to be and paste it there. the url will/should be there and then if you click on preview signature you can see if it is what you want. I think I explained it right and I hope that helps. Oh my goodness AI is just too funny. Yeah, I can't believe some of those people thinking they can sing.

Angie~I bet it is sad every time a play ends. I would love to do theatre but never have been good at it. So I just watch and look at the people and think they are just so talented. Oh my goodness...scary Mary...I think she was crazy. :crazy: seriously something was off in that girl. And now everytime I think of her I get that song stuck in my head. I feel the earth move under my feet...she was too funny. So did the guy come back and fix the leak? It was a leak in your roof right?

Jane~another day with another granddaughter. I think that is so special and I know they love their time with grandma. I can't wait to have grandkids, although I may be dead by the time that happens. Out of the three kids I only see Josh getting married and having kids but not anytime in the near future. Have a fun day! I thought chat was at 1! I wasn't on at that time and I always seem to forget about it till after the fact.

Okay...Ms. Ellen~where are ya lady? I've been looking high and low and no Ellen anywhere to be seen. :mag: Hope you are feeling better today. How did the results of the GI go? Missing ya here.

Susan~so are you off with the Russian or the Hawaiin this week? LOL Just kidding. HJpe everything went well and you and little miss Gaby are fine.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Other than a walk outdoors and cleaning up dog poo in the yard nothing much on the agenda. Little bit of laundry to get done. It will be a somewhat easy day. Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday.

jewels2
01-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Hey Girls

Jane: I have to say, what a cutie that granddaughter of yours is!!!!
MARTI: Sounds like that man of yours did well this year huh??? I always gets scared because DBF doesnt have the greatest sense for gifts and sometimes I really have to play it out!!!
Supposed to work at the hospital tonight, but I think Im calling out cause Im just really exhausted this week. Im thinking its from my workouts and maybe the lack of junk that my body is used to eating...I kinda feel like Ive put myself through detox, because all Ive been eating is healthy stuff!!!
I had granola and applesauce for breakfast, lunch was lentil soup, yogurt,granola bar, and then maybe a Lean cuisine and salad for dinner...Plus Ive been drinking about 100 ozs of water a day.....I just hope I see results , so that I dont totally binge over the weekend and ruin my hard work this week
I feel like Im living in the bathroom, but I hear that it shouldnt be that way for long, that your body will adjust to holding large amounts of water? Or something like that!!!!
One more day of work to get through for the week, and then 2 days off!!!
Might take my friends kids this weekend, seeing that I havent seen them in a couple of weeks.....We'll See...
Anyway, hello to Angie, Cristi, Ellen, Susan,Katy, Pam, and anyone else who pops in later
Julie :smug:

FrouFrou
01-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Hello Miss Julie :wave: your friend is so lucky to have you. You are a sweety for helping her out so much and for taking her kids so she can have time to herself to do whatever.

Well ladies...agaist my better judgment I posted some pics. I am not pleased with them at all. Okay, actually the pics turned out fine and when I scanned them they look fine but somewhere between yahoo uploading them and adding them to an album I am not sure what happened. The ones of me look horrible and they really don't look that bad. The first one the picture went really dark for some reason and distorted my face. And someof the others look like I have lipstick smeared all over my lips and V's too! What is up with that? Anyway...at least I posted some. I don't like the ones with the sweatshirts either make me look even fatter than I am. But I like the comfort of the big baggy sweatshirts and sweats, not very attractive tho. Maybe I will just make some extra copies and send them out. Anyway...also pics of the house. Just realized I didn't take one of the kitchen. A lot of them also turned out blurry, really not understanding that. They are befores, during and kind of after. I say kind of after because we still have the border to do and then will be getting some 2 in. plantation shutters for the windows except the sliding door. We open that too much for them there. Plus we are going to get some lighter valances-don't like the dark ones on the dark paint. Then we are going to paint the hallway taupe, possible the front and kitchen door. The white stands out too much. It amazes me tho how different the paint looks in the different pics because of the light. Some I took at night with the lamps on and the others I took on a gloomy day. I think the ones that I took when the sun was shining thru will show the true color. It's funny to me to see these pictures tho because it looks like it is a bunch of different shades of green but it's not. Anyway...we like the color. Take a gander if you like, not sure how long the ones of me & V will be up because I really don't like the way they look.

http://photos.yahoo.com/givingthanks04

Later ladies...:wave:

PamPSM644
01-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Girls, I'm afraid you have cast your pearls before swine. :?: I can turn it blue,I can grab it with the little circle but can't understand how to get it to a signature page.I've desided to draft the teenager nextstore when I can catch him and forse him to show me how to do it,until then I'll leave things as they are so I don't mess it up like I did yesterday.

Cristi, Erni is adorable.Loved the antlers.You sure did alot of work but it paid off.The house looks so nice and love your fireplace.Liked seeing you and Hubby.Now I have faces to go with the posts.Thanks for sharing.

Julie, I love Lean Cuisine.It's been a staple to my diet along with Budget Gourmet.

The innagrual has preempted all my soaps. :mad: They don't just show the speech but everybody and their brother has to put in their two cents. Groan.So much pointless chatter to fill air time.UGH.

Marti
01-20-2005, 07:15 PM
Hi girls!!

Ok lets see here.....

Pam--Let me see if I can help a little. To post at your signature...you can find it in your User CP(which you can find on the menu bar at the top--it's highlighted in blue---first option up there) You can also find it when you go to PM someone and you see the whole menu to the left of the screen...it should say "Edit Signature" Click on the edit signature (it's the first option on the menu) Once you are there, it will bring you to a window where you can put what ever you want....including your tracker. So see if I gave you good enough directions to get you to the siggy area and paste your tracker. I hope that helps. If not...then maybe you can PM Suzanne and she can do better.

Cristi--You look GREAT!! You're beautiful!! I love your photos! I love that pose of you in the pink shirt. I want your outfit!! Is your hair blonde?? (oh...and V is pretty handsome too!) And your house looks so pretty. I love the colors of your walls. I feel very bland now with all my white walls!! May have to talk to the landlord to see if I can paint!! Thanks so much for sharing that with us!! Our weather here in Oregon is scary warm. It's never sunshiny in January!! We even haven't had much rain this year!! Crazy....hope that doesn't spell out a horribly hot summer!

Jane--I love my Gazelle. I've been on it for half an hour these last two days. I like how I can feel it in my legs. And it fold up so nicely. Very light. Right now it's in my living room in front of the front door!! So hopefully I won't be having company anytime soon!! :D

Angie--I wanna see your hair!! Post some photos if you get a chance. Blood red?? Wow!! If only I was so daring to color my hair!

Julie--You may be going through a detox if you've changed your eating habits quite a bit. Just keep it up and in no time you'll see great results.

Hello to everyone else!!

I took a shower...then.....I worked out. What was I thinking? So back to the shower I go.

I'm loving the gazelle. It's my friend! :) And for now...I'm going to save my money and not join the gym. I'm more comfortable being home....for now! Maybe later...once we move back to the sony building.

I better get going. Need to shower off what I sweated....eewwww!!

PamPSM644
01-20-2005, 08:04 PM
Ok,girls. Kris, teenager next store came over and did it so if it's below....... This is kind of a test post. :crossed: There it is ! Don't you love my little fat bee?

FrouFrou
01-20-2005, 10:31 PM
Good evening ladies~

CSI is a rerun so here I am with nothing to do for an hour.

Marti~you are too kind but thank you! :thanks: Don't think you can see my little pink thongs I was wearing with the outfit but DD got tired of it because every time we went somewhere someone was saying how cute they are and where did I get them. :lol: She threatened to throw them away if she heard it one more time from someone. :lol: My hair is blond. I can dye it red and it will turn blonde. Actually my natural color is dirty dishwater blonde with some grey and I usually dye it the same color or pretty close but it never fails after a month or so it starts with the blonde. Probably because it needs to be dyed again. Just don't like dying it much or too often. It's been over a year since I dyed it last. But I am waiting to get a haircut before I do it-who knows when that will be. Anyway...I do love having color on the walls and we are loving the green. Glad you are liking the Gazelle sound like it would be fun to do.

Pam~yeaaaaa! :cp: you got your weight tracker up! :cp: Love the bumble bee. Thank you also. :thanks: Ernie is our baby! My son put those on him and he actually left the antlers on just long enough to get a picture. You wouldn't believe the number of pictures we have of him and it is so cute how when I open the lens on the camera wherever he is he comes running. The same with the movie camera also-he hears the beep when you turn it on and he is right there in front of it. And he won't go away until you take his picture and the camera is turned off and put down. Were you the one who has the blue kitchen? I would love to see that, bet it is really pretty. Blue used to be my favorite color for the inside of the house but I have since switched to pinks, green and taupe/beige colors. But I do have a blue bathroom with a lighthouse border that I love. Found some neat things to accessorize.

Well, didn't really have much to say but wanted to drop in and say Hi to everyone. Hope everyone is having a good evening. See ya tomorrow ladies :wave:

da fat n da furious
01-21-2005, 01:57 AM
Cristi, I love the new colors....
have to tell you I have a cast member named Cristi...and hes a guy! Same spelling and everything...
Marti, thats so cool that you can save the bucks and work out at home. My hair is Elmo red...lol
Pam, I don't know how to do computer stuff, so what you get from me is well all you can get from me...lol I once sent everyone a picture of me,,,it was life size..lol And believe me,,,Im big in life!
Jane,,,don't temp me I would love to come and get a lil girl...and spoil her terribly!..lol
I have decided I want to be in charge of hair and makeup in Iolanthe. Its fantasy fairies...so cool. Feathers and beads and shiny stuff all over the hair and face.
Most of the ladies have long hair so wild abundance of girls with shiny ribbon braided in,,,and everything everywhere. Im thinking tiara's and headdresses with feathers...lol
Ive been asked to do other shows,,,which is funny. I haven't done makeup for real in so long...lol
Can you see the excitment? I have been recruiting assistantes for hair...have makeup artists , and one drag queen doing what I have in mind.
Mary Kate, I looked up the Pageant,,,,and would love to do that play.
Right now in the works are, Evita, Leader of the Pack, Hair, and the Full Monty. Oh ya Midsummer Nights Dream. I have been asked to do all of them. But Im standing my ground, I have said no to 2 for sure....the other two is a big maybe, being they are in 2007.
Well I better get to bed...
night all

Tea Rose
01-21-2005, 02:02 AM
Hi Everyone
Just checking in to say hello, so Hello, I will try and catch up on all your posts, and chat tomorrow, Jane your Grandaughter is precious, you really are blessed with a wonderful family.talk to all you girls tomorrow have a good night.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/tearose1/untitled.bmp'

Marti
01-21-2005, 07:36 AM
Good Morning ladies---

Ok....second time I'm trying this....I got kicked out and put in the main menu! How weird is that?

Pam--Hurray!!! You got your tracker up! And yes...your little bee is cute!! Glad your neighbor helped you out.

Cristi--Pink thongs....I want a pair. Although my daughter would have a fit if I called them thongs around her. She always tell me..."Mom...don't call them that, they're flip flops. Thongs go up your butt" :lol: Of coarse...I keep calling them thongs! I'm wanting to start wearing more pink. Jhanai bought me these cute pink slippers for Christmas and ever since then I've been wanting more pink. I guess I want to look more girly!

Angie--Elmo red?! Oh my girl...I MUST see a photo!! As for spoiling a little girl...how about if I just come up there and you can spoil me?! :D I'll even bring Jhanai that way you can spoil the both of us!! Being in charge of the fairies makeup and hair sounds like so much fun. I'm so not creative enough though to ever get into that. But it would be fun dressing up as one!!

Ellen--How are you feeling? I sure hope you're feeling better. You're in our thoughts!! Get some rest and see us soon!

My legs were so sore today at work...and I was absolutely THRILLED about that. Means I'm really doing something. I told James...I'm going to have such a nice behind in about 3 months if I keep this up! (then I started laughing.......I only wish I had the perfect butt!)

I better get myself to bed. James went to work tonight so I have the whole bed to myself......how lonely!

Talk to you all in the afternoon.

RosieKate
01-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Marti - A belated Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a good one...I am intrigued by the gazelle....need to look it up so I can visualize what you are writing about. I also workout at home on a stepper that can be folded up and set aside..It's a life saver when them weather is yucky and I can't walk outside. PS ..I still think of them as thongs also.

Jane - your DGDs are so sweet...and you are the best grandma. I have a couple of grandmas that spent that kind of time with me when I was little and those memories are so precious. I am so fortunate that my ILs are the same with my kids.. My parents..well...that's another story. I know they love my kids, but just don't put in the kind of face time with them they should ( my opinion).

Crisit - I really love the new colors and furniture - It totally changed that room. Are you still thinking of putting up a border? I also liked the pictures of you and V - love those capris you are wearing...you two are so sweet together - I like having faces to go with the names now.

Angie - speaking of which --- it's not too hard to set up a yahoo photo page, missy! I would love to see what you really look like. I have this vivid visual in my head thourgh your descriptions...some day would be neat to see if you look like I think you look, lol!

Out of time for now --- will try to get back later to chat with everyone else
Have a great day

Jane
01-21-2005, 10:24 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Cristi - you first! OMG, I love your pictures!! You are beautiful, and you and V look so good together. Your boots looked so cute with that outfit, btw. Love the new paint, too. Where are you going to put the sofa table? I notice how you have lots of windows.. so do I and would go crazy w/o lots of light. Fern's house was so dark, and I didn't like that when I lived there. Mary and Dale are going to put in a picture window when they re-do the living room. Anyway, thanks for sharing a peek into your home. It's gorgeous.

Pam - YAY for the neighbor kid, lol. Mary was mad that they took her soaps off for the Prez, too, lol.

Julie - yep, your bladder will adjust after a couple of weeks. I still go more often then I did before, but not as much as when I first started drinking so much water. Or wadder, as our Susan would say, lol.

Marti - not only are you saving money and still getting toned, but you don't have to stay at work to do it. YAY! So glad you love the Gazelle.

Angie - I can see you doing the hair and makeup for Iolanthe. You're a natural for something like that. I loved the movie The Full Monte, and thought it was funny, but Neal didn't crack a smile. Wonder why he didn't like it, lol.

Ellen - oh, I do hope you're feeling better today! How're the babies?

Katy - it's been awhile since you were here.... hope all is well.

Hello to everybody else. :wave:

Well, my laptop died yesterday. Boo-hoo!! That's why I never checked back in yesterday. The monitor fell backwards and took the wiring with it. It was damaged from being stepped on (don't ask) and so I knew it was only a matter of time before I needed an undertaker for it. Right now I'm on Katie's computer. Dinosaur that it is, at least it's functioning. I'm going to buy a regular (not laptop) computer and desk today. We really don't want to spend the funds for this right now, but consider it a necessity.

Then I'm having lunch with my buddy Sally for her b/d. She chose Applebee's, since they have some healthy choices. Well, at least they are smaller portions, lol.

I'll try to check back later...

da fat n da furious
01-21-2005, 11:20 AM
Katy, I didn't send you a pic of me? I sent it to all emails I have of the JL. Im not wearing my glasses right now,,,long story can't find them and too lazy to put in the contacts,,,,Im like minus 3 in each eye,,,Im think Im doing pretty good, but then again my fingers could be on the wrong keys and you are not able to read this. Nope I can see if I move my nose along the monitor. Thank goodness I don't have a cold eh? *shudder
I notice when I start drinking lots of water its like 2 weeks or longer for my bladder to get used to that....then everything is almost back to normal.
My office has alot of windows, one whole wall infact, and being my bedreoom is above that our bedroom has one wall of windows. The rest of the house doesn't thou. And that is one thing I don't like. I agree I think Cristi's house looks so different with the different color, both colors are great but funny how one thing changes the whole look.
Well I have a chiropractic appointment and eye appointment then of to work. I took the night off, no plays at all! The cast from Steel Magnol;ia's hates when I take time off cause my stage manager partner doesn't do the same things as I do. Weird thing is, this was her show,,,I was her spare, but she got sick and I had to juggle both shows.
Cpuple of weeks Tanner goes to band camp,,,better stay away from them flute players...lol Anyone not see American Pie
Katy In will try to set up a photo album and let you guys in on my pictures./life

Tea Rose
01-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Good Morning Ladieshttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/tearose1/extra%20pictures/1011-020-12-1074.gif
Wow the sun is shining today, but the house is not, I really don't like when things get so far behind,its just that much harder to get motivated to do anything and when your energy level is next to nothing.I fianlly got the medication straightened out, now It just needs to build up in my system again usally a few weeks, another week almost over,I am so looking forward to spring and being able to get into the garden.
Hi Jane :wave:
I think I would be lost with access to a computer now, its almost as good as my morning coffee:lol: Your pictures are so cute,maybe you could spread some of those sweet babies around,for us less fortunate :lol: My Daughters sweetie says he has a three year plan which includes building a home this year, being married and starting a family by year 3's end :yikes: but I'm not sure if my daughter is ready for all this at once, as a matter of fact neither am I :lol:
Hi Marti:wave:
I'm so happy you had a wonderful birthday,and you got your Gazelle, how do you like it. I really like mine I just haven't been too motivated to do much of anything, but I really do enjoy it when I'm on it.I am hoping to get going as soon as I get some answers back from the doctor next week.Hope you get your card soon , again so sorry it didn't get there in time for your birthday.
Hi Angie:wave:
BLOOD RED hair huh, now that I would like to see, you sure are a spirited girl inside and out :lol: I Have done some funky highlights on occasion, I to, like mixing it up sometimes , just haven't done it for a few years. As soon as I'm ready for my new look :lol: I think I might do something different,this spring.
Your baby Maddox is doing fine , he is twice as big as little sister Maddie.Amelie has a doctors appointmet today, she is sore again and having a hard time feeding the babies , so she may need more antibiotics,they helped her a lot the last time.The babies keep climbing under the blankets and when she can't find one of them she runs to me crying for help, so I have to go uncover them and show her everything is fine , she is still so young and it shows at times ,but she is so sweet and gentle.Angie I saw american pie funny movie :D
Hi Cristi:wave:
What do you mean the pictures are not good , the room looks beautiful and warm as does the new furniture, but I don't know how to break this to you, I have to say those pictures of you, ARE BEAUTIFUL what do you mean they look like you have lipstick smeared all over your face, I bet its because you and V were smooching and you have a guilty conscience :lol: You are exactly as I pictured you, now its two for two, You and Angie,Jane was close but for some strange reason I thought she was a blonde I thought I read that somewhere.but beautiful to. How will I ever show my face, :yikes: every morning I look in the mirror I say the same thing :yikes: but I'm working on it ;) Cristi I do the baggy clothes to and my kids hate it, they don't mind if its a hoody, but baggy t-shirts :nono:they are just so comfortable ,and even when the 30 lbs is gone they will be hard to give up because they are so darn comfy,everybody's got an opinion :lol:
Hi Pam :wave:
your doing so good , look at you with your weight tracker up and all, good girl, I decided to do mine,if it doesn't change I will just say its broken :lol: Hows the weight loss going,good luck with it,We can do it I know we can
:goodscale . Did you get your room all reorganized , refresh my memory now what is it that has invaded your livingroom. How did you handle the Taco Bell problem, did you call the police??? Inquiring me wants to know :lol:
Hi Susan:wave:
Now I don't think I have seen you here lately, or possibly I have just missed you, So if I have just missed you then I'm sorry I have missed you, but if I haven't missed you and you in fact haven't posted of late, where would you be miss Susie?? How did the meeting go, I hope everything went well for you,
I hope you and the girls are doing fine,:wave: ((HUGS))
Hi Julie:wave:
congratulations on sticking to your programhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/tearose1/extra%20pictures/loss21.gif when I cut out the garbage from my diet I feel the same way, although I don't know about the water thing do you girls find that your body adjust to the excess water, I find if a lot goes in a lot comes out :lol:
Hi to all the rest of you Girls :wave: where ever you are and what ever you might be doing, Mindee I'm watching you , well my eyes are closed :lol: I hope Brandon is doing well as for your little family. Kathy ,I don't know where you be, Katie , Ann, Sue,I hope you are all doing well.I will catch up again later I'm Hungry right now.so I will go and find me some viddles
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/tearose1/untitled.bmp

PamPSM644
01-21-2005, 01:09 PM
:coffee2: Yipi. Good morning Ladies, from me and my fat little Bee. As you can tell I'm still jazzed.

Ellen, Taco Bell,your so bad. :lol: Not much happoned from the phone call so am keeping the dog door closed at night till my son comes home and then he opens it. He's going to put up that fence but has to wait till pay day and when his friends off to help him.The new addition to the livingroom is my son's huge Streetfighter arcade game.Glad your back.

Angie,I'm near sighted to. You did just fine. Hate it when I can't find my glasses.

Jane, a new PC? Will it have all the bells and whisles? Yum.

I got to go for now,time to walk the dog and myself. Check in later.

Love To All, Pam

FrouFrou
01-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Good afternoon ladies~

Thank you ladies for the compliments, you are too kind! :thanks:

Jane~thank you for the kind words. I really have let myself go and haven't been fixing myself up like I should. I always feel better when I do that. Just been lounging around in big baggy sweats. Oh, I do love having all the windows and when V had all the curtains and blinds down I loved it all open. But with the sun that we get there's no way I could leave it open. It gets too hot in the summer time. Still wouldn't want less windows tho. The sofa table is going to go by the front door. I told DS#2 the size and we measured so it will fit perfect there and no be in the way. Sorry to hear about your laptop. DS was looking at computers at wal-mart and they have some reasonably priced ones. Hope you enjoy your lunch with your friend today.

Marti~I always call them thongs but used to call them flip flops. Living a lot of years in CA that's about all we ever wore and that's what they were called there. My DS also told me not to call them thongs! :lol: The first time I said that he gave me a look and said I didn't need to know that! :lol: Told him I was talking about the shoes. I am liking your enthusiasm for working out, Hey, if getting a gazelle is all it takes maybe that's what I need.

Angie~I would love to spend a day in your world. Just seems like you have fun no matter what you are doing. Especially the theatre...I think that is such a cool job to have. And this one time...at...bandcamp...LOL I did see American Pie and that girl cracked me up. A guy named Cristi huh? Now that's a first. Does he have a brother named Sue?! :lol: I too loved the Full Monty-just saw the end (no pun intended) the other night. Do we all wear glasses? I have an astigmatism and the eye doc told me years ago that sometimes when people wear glasses it helps and goes away. My thought was ummm, okay. Not sure he knew what he was talking about because my eyes have worsened over the years. I can see without them but would have to do some major squinting to read.

Katy~isn't it amazing how painting changes a room. Well, of course new pics and furniture. The picture above the couch is the one that DS#1 got us for Christmas. Yeah, we are still going to put a border, but just in the dining area like before. I don't want it in the living room, think it would be too much. That's probably one reason I have having a hard time finding one. Not sure what to put in there.

Ellen~glad you are feeling better, or you seem in better spirits. Love your DD's BF's three-year plan. At least that will give DD time to think about things knowing he has a plan. Thank you Ellen but to me some of thos pics looked blurred and looked like I had lipstick smeared on my face-but they don't look like that in the pics. Hoping to get some new ones in the next couple of months and maybe this time no baggy clothes. My kids always say things to. DS just said the other day I looked like a bum! I told him that was the point as I was bumming it that day. I need to start dressing and fixing myself up the way I did when V and I were first together. Not sure why or when I just kind of gave up. I think it is mostly int he winter time when I am more into comfort and being warm over looking decent. And my hair...I always read that when you get to the point that you pull your hair back or up all the time it is time for a haircut. That I agree with because here lately that is all I do...pull by hair back, twist it, pull it up and clip it. It's just a little below my shoulders. So definitely is time for a new do!

Pam~yeppers the bee is cute! Glad you finally got your weight tracker up. I like them except that it doesn't do 1/2 pounds. Did they not even come out and see why the guy is back there with a macheti (sp?) just hanging around? That seems weird. I would have demanded they at least do that.

Hi to everyone else! :wave:

Probably not going to get much done today. Have a cold thanks to DS#2. He came home sick Tuesday and I told him to stay away from me. :) Didn't work darn it. My head is stopped up, my nose is running and I have been sneezing all morning. Did manage to go to Target and get a couple of things. Not sure why Wal-Mart doesn't sell the big things of ERA. Maybe because SAMS does. :dunno: So if I'm not making a trip to SAMS I get it at Target. I love the new Target here. Have you guys seen the new section of accessories for the house from around the world? They are so cool. There was this big giraffe in the Africa section that was really nice, not sure where I would put something like that but it was nice. I loved the baskets too. Anyway...

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday and has a great weekend!

Tea Rose
01-21-2005, 03:43 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/tearose1/extra%20pictures/p6162.gifHi Cristi .:wave: I hope your feeling better soon. My spirits are a little better today, except for a blasted headache,Poor Amelie isn't feeling well today and she has been crying non stop, she seems frantic and keeps trying to move the babies, and I am trying to keep her calm, she has an appointment at 5:00 that the only time they could see her,so Advil for me. Just give me one day of peace and quiet thats all I ask, :lol: Baggy clothes and pulling the hair up or back thats what I do to, I know I'm due for a change, My hair was below shoulders till the other day when I took the scrissors and give a cut now its above my shoulders,now I definitely need my hair done :lol: watch out for those moods :lol:

FrouFrou
01-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Hiya Ms Ellen~love the teddy bear! So cute! Or is that a kitty? I can't tell now! Either way it's cute and :thanks: Of course I have a few I have collected over the years. Hope you get to feeling better also. Nothing like having a headache. Also, hope Amelie gets to feeling better and they can do something for her, poor kitty. :grouphug: I too am due for a change. I have a picture of the haircut I want-have been holding onto it for a year now. And I actually had made an appointment to go before Christmas but ended up cancelling, can't remember why. I will get there soon tho, have to. I am definitely ready for a change. You sound like me and DD we both get tired of our hair and then wack it off. :lol: Anyway, hope everything goes well with Amelie and you get rid of your haircut. I went up to take some medicine and discovered DS took it with him to work! :( Not sure why he took the whole box.

Anyway...just came back for a few minutes to add a story to the Inspirational thread that was sad but had a good ending. And add something to my signature. Like to change it up every once in a while when I find something I like and gets me to thinking.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Tata for now :wave:

Marti
01-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Good afternoon ladies--

I got to bed around 5:30 this morning....I wanted to finish the book I was reading. It is beautiful outside right now and I wanted to be up and take advantage of it before I have to go to work!

Katy--I like this gazelle because it can make little strides or if I really want to feel it, huge strides. And I can really feel the backs of my legs. And believe me, the backs of them legs of mine really need some help! :D

Jane--A new computer? How nice is that? But I am sorry that you broke your laptop. Too bad you couldn't get another one.

Ellen--I'm glad that you're feeling better. I know what you mean by not liking things to get behind. I think my weekend is going to consist of catching up on some much needed cleaning and organizing.

Pam--Hope they deal w/the mysterious stranger soon. I'm surprised that they haven't gone out there to at least go talk to the man and see why he's there!

Cristi--I haven't been to Target yet...but I did see in an add about the stuff from around the world. I may go stop by there this weekend. I want to spruce up my place......if I can't paint right now, at least I can add some neat accessories right?!

Well since James is sleeping I'm trying to be quiet. Shouldn't be to hard to do since it's just me! But I like to work out on the gazelle in the living room......and if I don't have a pad under the legs it's noisy on my wooded floors. And right now...the matt I have is in our bedroom closet. So I have to be patient and wait for him to get up! But I WILL get a work out in today!

I'm going to take the mugglies out and then have myself a cup of coffee. I will check in later...

FrouFrou
01-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Okay...I really am going here in a minute. Haven't even done my little siggy yet! :lol: Anyway, forgot to say something then saw that Ms Marti has posted so have to say hi. HI MARTI! :wave: :lol: Okay, being goofy now. :dizzy:

First...THANK YOU Jana for the beautiful card! :thanks: I love precious moments! And have quite a collection of those too! I do appreciate the card and the thoughts.

Marti~I think you will like the around the world stuff, it's nice! DS and I were just strolling through the store. Wasn't really there for extras although some of that stuff would have been nice to buy. Need to quit spending money! Yeppers, accessories can change a room just as well as painting. I love watching all those do-it-yourselfer shows-get so many good ideas. Now to use some of them!

Okay, need to get going and do the siggy thingy and go potty! See ya...:wave:

Jane
01-21-2005, 05:46 PM
Hiya ladies,

Katy - I do so enjoy the DGDs. I didn't have a grandma around, except for a few months, and wished I did when all the other kids talked about theirs. I truly can't think of much I'd rather do than spend time with them.

Angie - enjoy your night off! You deserve it! Whatcha gonna do?

Ellen - so glad you got the meds straightened out. I, too, am looking forward to spring. Gonna start on the courtyard.

Pam - hope you had a nice walk. Love your new ticker!!

Cristi - aww, sorry you have a cold! I feel better, too, when I get cleaned up. Sally doesn't ever wear jeans, so I wore dress pants and a sweater to lunch today with nice accessories. Made me feel good! When I'm done here, I'll go check out the Inspiration thread.

Marti - I'm lucky the computer lasted as long as it did being broken, lol. Which brings me to...

I got a new computer! It's a Compaq Presario 3200+ Athlon processor, 512 MB Ram, and 200 GB of hard drive. It has a DVD writer and a CD writer and insert ports for all kinds of digital camera cards. The monitor is a flat screen 17" one that is nice. It set up in no time, not like the old ones, and here I am already! I love it!! I have to get used to a mouse again, after having a laptop for so long, lol.

My lunch with Sally was so fun, and we stayed OP. We each had the WW chicken on salad greens, and WW dessert. Yum!! The cheesecake was de-vine!! Could have eaten another serving, and thought about licking the plate, lol. :lol:

Hope your day has been good... see you gals later.

PamPSM644
01-21-2005, 08:07 PM
The PC is giving me fits. I can't get into Soapnet with my log-in and password. I get "This Page Is Unavailable." Aol says it's the site's fault and they don't answer the e-mails I sent asking them about it.What really frosts my cookies is that other people are posting all over the place but I can't . I take one step forword and two steps back. So here I came. My "comfort" place, 3FC.

Ellen,so glad the Rx's are getting straightened out, but what is wrong with Am? The poor little thing has had a terrible time of it. I'm so hoping she gets over it all so you can to.

Jane,Your new PC sounds like the Cadilac of PC's. Your stylin now!

Angie,with a night off does that mean you also get 2 min.to sit down? You are always on the run.

Katy,a gazelle is some type of exercize "dohicky",right? :^:

Cristi,bet you like Extreem Home Makeover on Sunday nights?

Marti,Helloooo. Kiss those Mugglies once for me.

Marti
01-22-2005, 07:29 AM
Good Morning ladies--

Did you all have a good friday?? Speaking of which...it's FRIDAY!! oops....actually it's SATURDAY!! :D

Came home and checked my pedometer....6640 steps!! I've been talking to people at work about them getting a cheap pedometer and then on Feb. 1st. we can all start counting our steps. I think next week...I will suggest that we all figure out how many steps TOTAL we could all walk in one month. See if we can make it a goal and figure out something to celebrate if we make it. So far I have some people just interested in doing this......lets see how I can really get them involved. (I always thought I should be a recruiter!) Maybe we can think of doing something like that here? Any thoughts on that?

Let's see whose posted since I've last been on.

Cristi--Hi!! I got your card yesterday!! Thank you so much! I love getting mail that's NOT a bill! And anytime I get something from any of the JL's, I get all excited! :hyper:

Jane--Congrats on the new computer!! I know it must be difficult to start using a mouse after having the laptop...but hey.....a NEW computer!! :D

Pam--I blew some kisses to the mugglies for ya!! Of coarse, they sat and acted like they were going to get something! :lol:

Ok...I'm going to browse a bit and then head off to bed. I don't want to sleep my entire afternoon away tomorrow....so I'm going to bed early.

Have a good night sleepy heads!

Jane
01-22-2005, 10:26 AM
Good Saturday morning to you!

Pam - hey, I think you're doing pretty doggone good on your computer! You're learning more things everyday. Glad you consider the JLs your comfort zone. So do I.

Ellen - I just now remembered about your post about DD's DBF's 3-year plan. He sounds like he's got his head on straight, though, as long as he isn't rushing her. I like a man with ambition. How does DD feel about it?

Marti - 6640 steps - wow, that's great! Gives you lots of energy, right? I'm not sure if I'd get in on the walking challenge, but I bet some of the others would. Hope you have a great day off.

I've got news! Neal is going to retire in December!!! I am so happy about this! He's 10 years older than me, so he'll be 62 in Dec. I think my BIL's terminal illness was part of his decision to go ahead with it. We hope to do some travelling. And there's always plenty to do around here. We're going to have to start thinking about scaling back our expenses, though.

We have 2 b/d parties today. Macy turns 2 and her party is at 1, then Mary turns 24, and we're invited to her house for dessert this evening. Dale is making a Duncan Hines Signature dessert - chocolate stuff with a mousse frosting Mary likes. He spoils her - which is exactly why I like him. :)

Gotta run - hope you have a great day!

Tea Rose
01-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Good Morning Ladies
Its a bitter cold day today, it was -23 last night and its -16 with a -27 windchill factor,Brrrrrrrrrr I'm not sure why I got up so early this morning I have already been up for hours haven't done a darn thing though except make some coffee feed the critters and the little guy outside who is taking advantage of his little insulated house with downy fresh blankets, do you think he notices :lol: I am so relieved he goes in there .
Morning Jane:wave:
The three year plan kind of Scared DD I think she likes everything but the baby by year 3, I think she's a little frightened of that, but it works for me :lol: I can't imagine what it will be like when she moves , she is such my sunshine ,everyday, and she brings such a calming affect to my life, I already miss her and she's not even gone yet :lol: .It will be nice to have Neal there , when he retires, Where will you travel to,do you have any plans where you would like to go yet? Sounds like your day is full with the parties and all I hope you have a wonderful day Happy Birthday wishes to Macy and Mary.

Morning Marti:wave:
6640 thats a lot of steps, how's your Gazelle working , do you get much of chance to use it ? I guess your sleeping now, I will catch up with you later.

Morning Everyone else:wave: get, up get up, Hope everyone is having a great day so far:wave:
I thought I would check back , but no ones here, we are in the middle of a huge snowstorm, I hate that my Daughter and Son are working and have to drive home in this mess, more stress.

PamPSM644
01-22-2005, 12:36 PM
:coffee2: Here I am. Had to wonder if I would be. This went from bad to worse with the PC. We had AOL 9.0 security addition on the PC and boy was it secure. So secure it began stopping us from going into any place. When Eddie couldn't get into E-bay that was the final straw.The you-know-what hit the fan. He dumped the PC back to Oct, dumped the 9.0 secuirty and in stalled 8.0.He did the system Restore program and ,Walla! He's back into E-bay and I can get into Soapnet.I'd rather deal with a few pop-ups then not be able to go in anywhere.

Jane,that is so cool! Good for you and Hubby. Go see the world while you still have a chance.We aren't getting any younger are we?I expect lots of pics.After all you'll be traveling for me to. :lol:

Ellen,your meds have kicked in,wonderful! You seem bright eyed and bushy tailed.I have a kitty like yours. He'll come to eat in the house but leaves after that. I've tried to make him comfortable with a bed by the dog door but he still won't stay,not even to get out of the rain.It makes my heart ack to see them suffer.When my babies are happy, I'm happy.Wish I could send you some sunshine. We are having tons of it.The trees are starting to bud and my yellow Irises are springing up and blooming.

Marti,go get em!Tell them not to bother buying an expensive Pedometer.Waste of money. Aren't you something,all those steps!

Got to go.Time for breakfast then my walk.Catch you all later today. Hugs all around. Pam

FrouFrou
01-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Morning ladies~

Thought I would come and at least say Hi. :wave:

Not feeling good at all and got about 3 hours of sleep last night. So I know what I will be doing today. Need to get some different medicine tho as this comtrex is not helping at all.

Jane~yea on the new 'puter! I think you will love the flat screen. That's what we have. Takes up less space and it looks better. Have fun at the bd parties today. That's cool Neal is going to retire. My friend in Joplin her husband did the same and for some reason he thought she was going to stay home with him. :lol: She had her little groups during the week, plus watersize (??), and volunteering at the hospital. She wasn't one to sit at home and do nothing. Anyway...he ended up going back to work part-time.

Marti~wow, girly, 6000+ steps! You are doing great! Hope you can get some of the co-workers to join you.

Pam~I too have AOL and once in a while have problems. When I have problems with a site coming up I go to yahoo, hotmail or msn and try to bring it up there and it usually works, not sure why but it has. Oh and I do like Extreme makeover and any of those other shows. HGTV is my favorite channel, well that and Lifetime.

Ellen~I was loving this 50-60 degree weather we were having and today it is cold and windy. Supposed to be the same tomorrow and then get back up in the 50's again next week. I hope I am feeling better so I can enjoy it.

Hi to everyone else. :wave: Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

I am going back to bed in a few minutes to see if I can get some sleep. Really hate feeling miserable. Anyway...take care ladies.

Tea Rose
01-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey where is everyone the day is almost over and not a soul, is around, as for me I'm stuck in a snowbank, Finally got that Christmas Snow.everything I order comes late:lol:Well I will go and find me some dinner, since I'm on my own tonight, and I might read a little and get my book finished , watch some tv but I will come back to see if anyones around , I hope that everyone is having a great day, so far.I hope your feeling better Cristi.((HUGs))
Pam I can't believe you have life there, buds and Iris's you lucky gal, I so look forward to spring this year, I don't usually wish the seasons away, time already moves to fast to do that, but I am ready for some sunshine and flowers to be sure,

Marti
01-22-2005, 07:55 PM
My computer is working SLOWLY today. So I'm going to try and get this all posted w/out getting kicked out! My MSN won't work so I got on through Google!! (must be able to check in w/you girls)

Jane--Congratulations to Neil!! How wonderful to be able to retire!! Do you two have plans as to where you want to travel?? I've always wanted to travel all over the US, find little mom & pop diners.....James & I used to visit them here in Oregon when we first got together...we need to do that again soon.......and then overseas. I'm hoping money just falls into my lap someday so I can! :lol:

Ellen--I've been on my Gazelle for half an hour everyday since I've got it. It's a nice thing to plop in front of the TV...time goes by fast when you're engrossed in a tv show!! :D Yesterday I workout while watching Extreme Makeover that I recorded. Kind of gave me motivation!

Cristi--Oh I hope you start to feeling better!! Grab yourself a good movie, a thick blanket and some tea...and snuggle on the sofa. Only if you can't get a nap in....a movie always gets me to sleep!! (unless it's REALLY good) but at least you'll be off your feet and resting.

Pam--I've told my co-workers that a cheap pedometer works just as well. The one I have was only $3 at walmart. And it works fine. So I'm hoping that we can all get one by Feb. and start some kind of motivational challenge.

Been cleaning my house up today. Already have two loads of laundry done and one more to do. My living room needs swept up and vacuumed. I've been leaving the kitchen for last. Seems like that is constantly the area that needs the most cleaning and I'm pretty much tired of cleaning it! But it needs done....so it's last.

Off I go. I want to finish cleaning so I can watch a movie or something. James is at work so I'm all by my lonesome tonight.

Take Care

FrouFrou
01-22-2005, 10:58 PM
Hi ladies~

Got tired of laying around and had to get up. Probably got a hours sleep if that. Was freezing one minute and hot the next. Little Ernie is so cute. When someone is sick he just hangs around. He has been laying on the bed with me all day. Anyway, got up and fixed the kids some dinner, V is working late tonight. I haven't eaten much of anything today. Did have breakfast and lunch was a shake as well as dinner. it just felt so good on my throat-I can't eat anything. Hope it doesn't mess me up with WI on Monday. Hoping I can get some sleep tonight. Anyway...

Ellen~thank you. DS still has his cold but nothing like Tuesday. The first two days were horrible which I am hoping will be the same for me. I can't stand my head being stopped up. He's a little better though so I am hoping this won't last long. Have to be better by Wednesday-it is DD's BD, her 21st!

Marti~glad to know your pedometer was a cheap one and it works. I was wondering. Target's cheapest one was $5 and I almost got one but was worried it wouldn't work. But hey, if Wal-Mart has a $3 that's even better! I'll have to check it out.

Pam~I guess I missed that your trees are starting to bloom as well as the irises. Bet they are really pretty. I too can't wait for spring. I planted some daffodils just here and there all over the front and back yard and am hoping they all come up. I like the touch of yellow to the yard.

Anyway ladies. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

And Ms. Jane-a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mary and Macy! :hb: :gift: :hat: :balloons: I think that's cool that Neal is going to retire and I hope you guys have lots of fun on your travels.

Okay ladies I am outta here for now. Not sure if I will post tomorrow or not. My plan is to stay in bed all day if possible and try and get some much needed rest and sleep. :tired: :tired:

Tea Rose
01-22-2005, 11:46 PM
Hi Everyone
Cristi, I hate that feeling to , the overall feeling is miserable I know, I do hope you feel better for your daughter 21'st birthday my daughter 28th birthday is on tuesday.Both my kids and myself have started feeling under the weather , it started with DS and then DD and now of course Me, it always gets back to me :lol: Its just this time of year, we got a lot of snow today, hoping DS will shovel when he gets home, DD's Boyfriend always shovels for us, when he's not here to do it, now how sweet is that.He asked her today what kind of a house she would like, now I'm getting nervous, I hope she's ready ,because I'm not :lol: Oh ,to turn back the clock a little, or maybe a lot, time is rushing by,I haven't done much today at all , loaded the dishwasher, read a little, just one of those days,when you just can't get motivated, even though I was up bright and early. I certainly have a lot of catching up to do. not looking forward to the task.My kitty Bri is like Erni. she doesn't leave me when I'm sick she cuddles as close as she can get , and watches me,for hours, poor thing probably gets so stressed out , she has been this was for 17 years.Well I guess there isn't much else to catch up on, Do get lots of rest Cristi,stay in bed, do what you need to ,to take care of yourself, If you don't post tomorrow , we will catch up on Monday, Take Care (((HUGS)))
To Everyone else , hope your having a wonderful night and weekend,:wave:

Jane
01-23-2005, 05:14 AM
Good Sunday morning to you!

Ellen - when your DD does get married or move out, will she still be in the same city? I hope so. Your house will be very quiet, but the Jaded Ladies will be here for you. Maybe you could get some outside interests going for yourself. Get involved in a church, or do visits with shut-ins, or other volunteer work. Call some friends in for lunch, or better yet, meet them out somewhere. I'm not looking forward to the day Katie moves. She's the baby, and it will affect me, I'm sure.

Pam - we had to reset our options, too, regarding security. Why oh why can't the computer read our minds and know the things we want and the ones we don't, lol. You'd think on this new computer, I'd have a button for that, lol.

Cristi - aww, that's sweet about Ernie. Molly is the same way, but only with me, not the rest of the family, lol. She likes to be where I am most of the time. Hope you're feeling better today!

Marti - so how'd you spend your night? Find a good movie? Neal and I watched one called Entrapment last night, with Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta Jones. It was made in 1999, but somehow, we missed it. He sure is hot for an old guy!

For those who asked, I think Neal and I will travel to see family most. I have a sister who's not too far away, but he has sibling spread out, and some cousins, too, that's he'd love to see. Since we'll be on a retiree's budget, we'll probably visit the ones with a guest bedroom, lol.

I'm headed back to bed, so I won't take time to visit the book thread, but want to mention that I've already finished the John Grisham novel The Broker. It was hard to put down, and I highly recommend it!

Have a good Sunday!

RosieKate
01-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Good morning All!
Just popping in for a quick hi....Cristi I sure hope you feel better soon.....
Marti - I do 30 minutes on my stepper on the days I can't get out to walk, so I guess it's kind of the same. I watch the little tv in the playroom that only gets NBC and PBS, so I've been watching Passions by default...what a wierd little show.

Pam - my daffodils and crocus are starting poke up ...it's way early, but our winter has been mild. Usually the first big plants to leaf out are my weeping cherry and flowering quince, but they haven't shown signs yet.

Jane - Neal's retirement will be the beginning of a whole new wonderful life for you, if my ILs experiences are typical. They volunteer, they travel, they do lots of stuff with their grandchildren...they are blissfully happy. Now you do lots of this stuff already...but with your partner by your side it will be even better!

Ellen -Yay for snow...we didn't get any this year...but that's not unusual. You should get out for a walk and breathe in that snowy air...it's invigorating. DD's BF sounds like a prince...you will be a great MIL.....so many men don't know what they want; it has to be nice to know one who does.

Hi to everyone else....DH's grandma, newly recovered from pneumonia, has to undergo a needle biopsy tomorrow as there is something building up in her lungs still. This on top of DSG passing last week. Tough week for the ILS. We just kind of jump everytime the phone rings.

Today is church...tonight I have a book group meeting...discussing Life of Pi. In between I need to bake a treat to take and I'll be poring over my brand new WW cookbooks I just received from Amazon. The Take Out Tonight looks especially good as it has more international dishes and I am looking forward to trying some new things.

Have a great day everyone

PamPSM644
01-23-2005, 11:58 AM
:coffee2: 1 st cup of coffee and watching Sunday Morning on CBS. Good mag. show. Very diverse subjects and commentaries. One thing I learned this morning was theres a new type of med beganning to spread. For $150 more a month you can buy a personal Doc who will spend all the time you want explaining things and no waiting to see.You get more preventive care and get educated.A check up will be detailed and may take a couple hours. You even get a small disk to carry with you with all med history, and get this, your Doc's personal cell phone number. Great huh? $1500. extra on top of what you already pay.The only thing bad is that this means the rich still are getting the best care. I believe that everyone should get the same but until med is nationalized like in England that will never happon.

Ellen, my son moved out once. I cried and thought I was going to be so lonely, but it was kind of nice and I got used to it. He came back when he got run over by a truck, in the crosswalk, and had a 17hr surgery putting 3 pins in his hip to hold it together.He had to recoop for 6 mon and it took a walker to help him get around.I'm glad he's here and enjoy his company when I get it.

Jane,It'll be like you and Neal are on an extended honeymoon when he retires. I can't wait to see the places you go and things you get to do.

Cristi,Erni is a very good baby.My Bon Bon follows me around put is not so quit devoted. He'll go out and lay in the sun and play in the back yard without me. I have an old cat,Nitro,who keeps very close tabs of me. Then theres Baby Huey, a 16lb long haired yellow Tom who rules the roast and keeps his eye on all of us.He's a rescue who really loves his home.

Katy, you and Angie are so busy.There must be puffs of wind trailing behind your foot steps because your moving so fast. :)

Marti,maybe you need to dump your PC to. :lol: I have to say ours is working nicely now. When I thought, for a brief moment, we might lose it I felt panic trying to rear it's ugly head.

Not much to do today. Some laundry and trip to store but not much more. Will check on you ladies later. Hugs to all . Pam

Katiecat
01-23-2005, 02:48 PM
No clue how to start another thread, or if I even CAN....but I know we usually switch at about #50...

Happy Sunday morning to y'all...Tim and I have side-by-side computers...he plays Half Life 2 (some kind of super hightech sci-fi game with monsters to shoot and grenade launchers and gunfire that is way too loud), and I come on here to chat with you guys, and write, and play Sims...and drink my coffee... :coffee: I have my Eeyore slippers on, and my hair is in a big messy tangled ponytail, and he loves me anyway -- ain't life grand? :lol:

I read through the last two threads to catch up on everyone.

Angie, I want to see your red hair! Bet it looks great and really suits your personality :) I haven't seen Pageant yet, but I definitely want to. Six Women with Brain Death ran at that same theater for like...6 years. The cast kept rotating, and I saw it at least 5 times.

Marti, it's so cool to have a brand new exercise toy that is fun to use and makes you look forward to working out. That's really the key, isn't it -- finding a way to workout that keeps you coming back for more.

Jane, congrats on your new computer! :comp: It's always lots of fun to figure out all the bells and whistles on a new machine. And your granddaughters are so cute. :D I have three sons, so I keep telling them that at least ONE of them better produce a granddaughter for me someday...it's my turn to have a little girl to play with.

Cristi, I didn't see any pics of you, only of your house? But I really liked the new green color for your walls. That shade of green is very natural, tranquil and soothing. I never paint my walls anything but plain old boring white.

Pam, 85 degrees?!?!? Where in CA do you live that it's 85?? I am in Northern CA and it's been soooooo cold here...well, not cold like Ellen's -26 (brrrrrrrr!), but cold for us, like 48 for the high temp. And it's been so gray and dreary, foggy every morning, no sun, really gets you down.

Ellen, hope Amelie starts feeling better soon. Distressed mama kitties tend to distress everyone around them.

Busy week, got a lot done, though. Took Thurs, Fri, and Mon off for a long weekend, got my bills paid, got my car serviced (first 7500 miles, keeps it covered on the warranty), visited with my oldest son, finished the re-fi paperwork and signing for my house (we wanted to cash out some equity to pay off a couple of things and get some home improvements done). Need to go grocery shopping today; I have about 1/3 of a gallon of milk left, and ONE egg. :lol: Tomorrow I need to start calling around -- we want to go to Disneyland for our anniversary in March, so gotta start checking around for good deals.

Hope everyone has a great day...

Katiecat :D

Katiecat
01-23-2005, 02:51 PM
In the whole thong/flip-flop controversy? I grew up in Los Angeles, and when I was a kid, we called them beachwalkers -- but I've never heard anyone else call them that since.

PamPSM644
01-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Katiecat, I'm in Highland, close to San Bernardino. Right below Big Bear. Going to Disneyland are you. I'm jealous. Disneyland is one of the reasons I started to loss weight. I love the place. :) Pam PS. We called them Thongs.

Jane
01-23-2005, 04:38 PM
See you over at Chit Chat #107!