Support Groups - Desperate Housewives #20--WEDNESDAY

1hot_tomato
01-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Desperate Housewives #20--Wednesday

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

Gretchen, wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy, married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise

Stephanie, sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

1hot_tomato
01-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Good morning!
Hey isnt anyone awake yet? I came on earlier and no new thread, so I says to myself, "Self, if ya don't sees one, starts one." Certainly is quiet this morning and of course, I have lots to do. I wanted to check in and see you girls off on your day too! Hope everyone is doing okay and recovering from sicknesses and turmoil of other varieties. My original sicky, Rosie, started vomitting again! Still home, the other one went back. Oh well, I knew how this week would go. I'll get personal later and chat inbetween loads. I think I'll get loaded now as a matter of fact. BBL

~Roxy

melmcc99
01-19-2005, 10:35 AM
Morning Roxy. Thanks for starting a new thread. I did get up a bit later this morning and dh didn't have to go to work till a bit later. When he's home my schedule gets thrown a bit off. He was on the computer....What r your plans for today?

OK, everyone. I will head to the gym at an unusual hour 4 oclock today! BTW all, I was 196.6 this morning. YIPPPIE FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!

1hot_tomato
01-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Wow! Mel!! Atta girl!!You are incredible! Are you doing something new?
Thanks for ended the other thread. I have to laugh, cause the last time we both started and I was sooo cautious, I just kept sneeking peeks to see if anyone posted. Of course, I forgot to end the other thread! No big plans for today because of sick children. I have to go to the store and see if I left a bag of groceries there. I'm missing items and they are not in the house or van, so maybe I just didn't get them in my cart. I paid for them that's for sure! I'm missing about $10 worth of stuff so I'm not overlooking it, like I would if it were something small.

mamawithdreams
01-19-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm here...no contractions. But it's going to be in the 60's and sunny today and the next several days, so I'm gonna get out and walk and get active later on. Doing laundry, school and the usual. I'll check back later.

melmcc99
01-19-2005, 10:47 AM
Roxy, maybe next person in line got your stuff somehow, or you left a bag. I know that happens sometimes. Not doing anything new. But I think it just comes in waives. Which is fine too. I feel so good. Ummm the stress this week probably was a help for my weight....not the way to lose it, but I'll still take it.lol sorry you have sickies home. Hope they feel better soon.

melmcc99
01-19-2005, 10:48 AM
Crystal, walking will be great. do some squats too. I know that opens the pelvis 20% more and allows the baby to come down further. Have a good one.

MichelleRae
01-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Mel I'm sooo proud of you!!! you are doing sooo great!

Roxy so sorry about the sickies! I'm so glad I don't have them here, so please don't sneeze to the west LOL. Just take your receipt to the grocery store and if they don't have your bag of groceries they should let you pick up your missing items. Hubby is the grocery manager for a Smiths Store (owned by kroger) and his store is really good about that kind of stuff. Hopefully yours is too :D That's probably why Hubby's store is #3 out of all the Kroger stores!

Anyway lol did anyone watch AI last night? I've never laughed so hard in my life!! I've got my DVR set to record the national body challenge program tonight while I'm at work so I can watche it tomorrow when I get home. I think I'm going to buy a gazelle walmart has one for 98 bucks and they fold up for storage so I think I'll pick one up today or tomorrow. Does anyone have one of those? How do you like it?

I'm going to have a grapefruit for breakfast and a cup of sugar free hot cocoa only 1 pt per cup.
Okay girls well I need to go start chugging water. Drink it up ladies!!!
Oh and I'm working on some new stuff for the challenge I can't wait to start the next one!! I've got big plans for it and it will go much smoother!!

Okay TTYL!!
Michelle

MichelleRae
01-19-2005, 11:01 AM
Whoops! I forgot to put a reply for Crystal sorry just got in a hurry...

Crystal do you have an exercise ball? You could sit on one and bounce on it, I used one of those while in labor with Teagan and it helps to get them engaged and stuff. Hope you are feeling okay.

Michelle

mamawithdreams
01-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks for all your replies. No Michelle, I don't have an exercise ball. Melissa, so glad you mentioned squatting. I've always done that while in labor, the midwife tells you to but when I mention that to others, they look at me like I'm crazy. But I haven't been having any real contractions in which to squat during.
But I'll keep you up to date.
Btw, dh enrolled in fire academy yesterday. It starts the 21st of Feb. He'll graduate in June, then have to take a 2 week EMT course. Then he can get hired on and if the fire station requires him to be a paramedic, they'll send him to school and still pay him. So about 6 months of suffering for a good outcome. Anyways, things will be changing but for the better.
Just thought I'd add that. TTYL

sydsmom
01-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Good Morning! :) Afternoon...whatever! LOL!

Roxy - way to be brave and start a new thread! I personally wil probably NEVER get to do that! :lol: I will never be up that early and on the puter..the only way is if I am up too late! Sorry you have sick ones at home :( Get moving on that laundry! I hate laundry and try to do as much at one time as possible! Now dusting with Pledge....thats a whole nother thing :lol:...that was for Steph! haha!

Crystal - Glad things are getting close! I see that you won the book give away! How cool! Which book did you choose? I was always told to "eat spicy food and go over speed bumps" when pregnant! LOL, it didn't work...go figure! haha

Michelle - I have heard of the gazelle, never had one though, or used it.....sorry can't help ya! :) What is AI? areyou talking about that movie "artificial Intelligence"..haven't seen that either...LOL, I am just living under a rock here!

Melissa - YAY! :cb: :cb: :cb: You deserve a whole "bunch" of dancing banana's! Way to go! :) Hope you have a great POSITIVE day! Love ya girl!

Good Morning to all you other ladies! :) Have a great day! I have another b-day party tonight, this one is just drinks though, at the bar part of the restuarant! I will have ONE, and then go home, dh is staying home with sydney so I am just running up there for a few minutes to be polite...its about 3 blocks from my house! THursday night I work and Friday night....yet another b-day party! LOL! TTYL! :)

melmcc99
01-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Crystal, you can do them before contractions. It helps bring them on.

melmcc99
01-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Kristin, with all these birthdays, you are going to be poor soon!!!! THanks for the WTG, and I am determined to have a positive day. I am feeling much better today. THanks for your concern and prayers.

1hot_tomato
01-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Well, got some loaded and going-

Crystal-those exercise balls are great! They had me on one during labor and it really opens up the pelvis! Well...Have some Mexican, go down a bumpy road... glad things are going well for dh! Hope this doesn't put additional stress on you though.

Michelle-OOOOOOOh! Look at the new siggy and avatar! You are just getting better and better! Is that the new Photoshop? So cool! I promise I won't sneeze your way. I think those Mountains keep most of the bad germs out. I just got off the phone with the store and they did have my bag! So I'm happy, I couldn't figure out why they didn't call me...I paid with a check. The girl was new and so was the bagger. Listen, our town is so small I know them all by first name and vis versa. I'm chuggin my water too!

Mel- well, while I hope the stress goes away soon, your weight loss is great. Hope all is well and no trouble for ya. Still praying for you!

Jeniqua- I know that you said that you weren't going to post and take a break but we a re still praying for you as well...take care!

Deana-you must be really busy my e.t. you haven't been posting much lately. How's the curves going? You are shrinking right before our eyes too! How did your vases do at the sale????

I'm gonna go feed Marty and then play with some more LAUNDRY.bbl

~Roxy

Bayleysmom
01-19-2005, 12:05 PM
Hey ladies I'm pretty ticked right now since I set my alarm for 7 and it didn't go off!! ARRRRRRRR I had a really busy day planned and now it got screwed up. I was supposed to take Bayley to get a chest x-ray and then to the pediatrician, then back to moms, then I was off to volunteer at the elementary school, then to real school. However now mom has to take her to get her x-ray and go to the doc because I don't have enough time now! Well I hope you followed that lol guess it's just less stress for me but I've never had to have anyone else take Bayley to the doc for me and it makes me kind of sad. I guess I'll get over it. Anyway I was OP all day yesterday and had 80 oz of water and I was down 2 pounds from yesterday! It's amazing what watching what you eat and water can do for you, huh? Now my goal for next week is to schedule in some gym time. We'll see what happens.

Roxy I think I've only started a new thread like 2 times! lol It makes me nervous, like I'm going to do it wrong lmao I'm so glad you found your groceries, I would have been so mad about it. Hope your sickies get better soon, I can't imagine how in spreads in a big household like that. Actually I can, my dh's mom and dad have 9 people living in their house right now and she watches a lot of the grandkids and they just got done passing the flu around to EVERYONE. My MIL and FIL have 6 kids and we were the only family that didn't get it! I was thankful too.

Mel WTG!! I'm so happy for you! It's finally coming off thats great! I hope you will start to feel better soon too. It stinks when you have something on your mind ALL the time that stresses you out. It really takes a toll on you. I hope it gets resolved soon so you can get back to normal. And thanks again for the adorable gift!

Crystal I'm afraid I don't have any going into labor ideas for you. I think I probably tried EVERY single one when I was preggo with Bayley and it wasn't till I stopped trying to get her out that she really came. However I think that's part of her personality since she only does things when she wants to do them! lol good luck though, I know it won't be long now.

Hi Michelle!! What is AI? And have you rented Napoleon Dynamite yet? lol I bought it last night on half.com the one we were borrowing doesn't have the out takes on them and I guess they are hilarious!! I can't wait to get it. Oh and I was checking out some pictues of the characters in real life and you would not believe how they look! Not anything like their characters! They are actually good looking! lmao

Hi Kris!! Are you still watching Grandma? I read that they were putting her on hospice care. That's sad :( How's everything else? You seem super busy! I miss chatting with you. Slow down a bit! Not that I can talk lol. Good for you for being down in weight, that's great!!

Oh I wanted to ask the rest of you if you have seen Napoleon Dynamite, it's a movie, it's hilarious!! It's really off the wall but it's one of the funniest movies I've seen in awhile. I just wanted to see if any of you have seen it since it's not a real widely known movie. Ok I hear baby up, I better get. TTYL

chrily
01-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Michelle-I watched AI last night and my fav. is the guy in the purple headband and outfit with his super long note...and then second place is the butt spanker... :lol:

Crystal-No ideas from me for inducing labor. My ex sister in law did it this way...She drank some mineral oil, took a long bath, went for a walk and then had sex with her dh. That is what her midwife suggested for her to do. She went into labor and had Angela the same day. I personally tried the bumpy roads and all I got was more soreness in my pelvic bones...

Hey Jill-Hope you get it all done today! Dang those alarms.

Kristin-Are you all birthdayed out? My birthday overload is in April. I sympathize with you.

Okay...nuff said. My wrist is doing its usual pains. I'll get personal with the rest of you later. Hi Roxy, Melissa, Penny, Jeniqua, Ricci, Cindi, Cheri, Geri, Gretchen, Stephani, etc....

~chris

mamawithdreams
01-19-2005, 12:45 PM
Thanks for all your ideas. Let's see I had mexican food yesterday, I live in the rural areas and am ALWAYS on bumpy roads.
I did with Ally, have mexican food and started having contractions, however, I don't think that did it. I was 4 days late anyways. Everything I've ready says sex, sex, sex is best.
But the way I see it, nothing works, it's when she's ready or should I say when God says she's ready. Although I know that walking and staying active does help so that's what we'll do this afternoon.
I'll let you all know. I'm just afraid I'm going to dilate so fast since I'm efaced so much already and the hospital is about an hour away, so I just hope I have time.
Hope everyone's day is going well. TTYL

MichelleRae
01-19-2005, 12:51 PM
Omg I'm so suprised that some of you don't know what AI is ;) It's American Idol LOL and I'm a hardcore fan!

Roxy so glad the store had your bag that's a relief that you don't have to go through any hassel except going back to the store. :) Thanks for the compliment on my siggy! I have the new photoshop and paintshop and then I did the water effect with a program called reflet it's really simple to use but I believe its in dutch so I just used a web translator to figure out what it was saying.

Crystal, do some jumping jacks LOL ;) I tried to do them when preg with Taylor but I was just to big lol. And the sex thing never worked for me, me and hubby were doing "it " like 5 times a day before they decided to induce me with Taylor lol.

Okay well I'm trying to get the girls room in order, it's a pig sty I've already spent an hour in there and it doesn't look like I've done much lol
TTYL!!

Michelle

need2losemore
01-19-2005, 01:51 PM
Good afternoon all. Sorry about the fly by yesterday, but I was in a big hurry, was trying to get stuff done. Michelle, I recorded AI last night, and am recording it tonight. Then I will have something to watch this weekend. Jill, it sounds like you are incredibly busy. Everyone seems to be doing good. I am getting sooooooooooooooooo bored with my workouts. I will keep doing them, but they are just getting boring. Anyway, I need to go get ready for school. I have to be ready by two because then I have to leave and pick up my sister and Eric from school and won't be back till 3:30, and then I go to school at 4. Have a great day.

bobsgal
01-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Hey ladies. I know I've been MIA for awhile, but I've been really busy since before Christmas. Here I am again. Seems as if everyone is doing well. Way to go Mel! Those pounds are just dropping off now. Ypu are a gym machine. You amaze me. Hubby and I are going to the gym tonight. Wed and Thurs nights are the only nights we can go together. The kids really enjoy the play area as well. I hope you have that baby soon Crystal. I know you are getting anxious. Hope everything works out for your dh. I went to the Garden State Discovery Museum with my daughter's preschool class today. It was a lot of fun. The kids really had a good time. It is snowing here. We will probably only get an inch or 2. We are supposed to get hit this weekend though. The weather has been crazy here. Last Thursday it was 68 degrees. Now we're lucky to hit 25. Oh well. I gotta help my son with his homework and get dinner together before hitting the gym. I try to check back later tonight.
Steph

breakingasweat
01-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi everyone!
We actually had our first substantial snowfall here in Maryland and it's made everyone CRAZY!!! Seriously, the boys are hyped up, everyone at Curves was talking about school closing early, my son's play rehearsal got cancelled, we're searching the house for boots to fit, and I am making some chicken soup!

I went to Bible study this morning, then headed over to Curves. My husband ticked me off this morning because he called me early and told me I HAD to put some oil in the van before going anywhere since it was really low. So, not wanting to get stranded, I bought some from 7-11, struggled with the hood (cursing him the whole time), and was late to church. I don't know, I guess I just feel he should have done this himself on Monday, his day off. Well, all's well that ends well, I guess.

OMG, American Idol had me LMAO so much last night. I really think those people sing badly just to get recognition. Like Simon said, they think they're the next William Hung! That one guy who said he was related to Toni Braxton (the guy with the breathy weird voice) is from Baltimore. LOL, way to represent!!!

Crystal - I hope this baby comes soon!!!

Roxy - your kids are sickie? Awww.. there's a lot of that going around lately.

Michelle - thanks for the reminder to drink water. It's a struggle for me since I really don't like it.

Chris - I tried the mineral oil thing with my first and it made me sooo... nauseous. My midwife recommended it since I was in labor forever.

Melissa - you're really on a good roll with the weight loss. Congratulations!

Well, I hope everyone has a great day. I've got to get back to my chicken soup. I just wanted to thank everyone who gave me advice when I was venting yesterday. No one ever said you always got what you wanted right when you wanted it, right? Isn't that a Rolling Stones song? LOL!
Take care!

CheriBrorsen
01-19-2005, 04:46 PM
quick quick...:)

Mel--YOU GO GIRL...how awesome

Crystal I was three days late with the first two and the last came on his due date. I agree that the baby will come when the baby is ready. And I'm not taking castor oil or mineral oil...I have babies naturally and that is enough pain to not had to have dealt with loose bowels for hours before hand. LOL (sorry if tha tis TMI)

Michelle--I love your new avatar and I have never watched AI but I *did* know what you were talking about. :)

Everyone else...I'll stop by again in a bit. I've been crazy busy but jsut wanted yall to know I was still around and will be posting more often.

hugs. :)

mamawithdreams
01-19-2005, 06:25 PM
Cheri, I totally agree with you. I have my babies totally natural in all aspects and I don't want anything to make that different. The doc offered to induce, but I say no jose, what's up with that. I've heard it can make things worse.
I will do things physically that can help me; ie. walking, squatting, etc., etc. But I don't want to put anything in my body that can affect any other parts or the baby.
Anyways, glad to hear from you.
Steph, glad you could drop by. Believe me I wish I could have this baby soon too. I know I will.
Well, I did get out and walk circles around my house for about 45 minutes or an hour with some small breaks between because me feet were killing me. I didn't have any contractions but did feel some progression. I can't really explain it, but it's my body so I suppose I know more about it.
Well, I'm cooking dinner. Hope everyone's day is going well. TTyL

mompen
01-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Hi Ladies!

Today has been a whirlwind and running around but I just wanted to stop in and say HI! :)

Hope you all have a great night!

I'll check in tomorrow! TTYL

chrily
01-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Crystal-I for one have been induced twice. To me, it hurt alot worse. You don't get that natural progression that you do with a natural labor and I don't think contraction intensity was worse but the frequency and duration were so rapid, my body didn't have time to adjust. When you go natural...you can get used to how things go before the next stage hits...

~chris

melmcc99
01-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Cheri, nice to here from you. Love your new pic.

Gretchen, I think everyones kids were wacky today. Mine were whiny and fighting over everything.......ughhhhhhh. i"m with you. Sorry, today was still hard. I pray tomorrow will be better for you.

Crystal, I bet you do feel progress from the walking. Maybe more pressure not so much contractions ...right? Don't keep us hanging in the morning ok....

Penny, I hope your headache is better. ttyt

Ok, gals, I am tired, but I had a much better day then yesterday. Tomorrow I think I will hit the gym full force. Just keep swimming swimming swimming.....Dory from NEMO
Have a good night all.

bobsgal
01-19-2005, 10:12 PM
Hey girls! Hope everyone's having a great night. I had a great workout at the gym. I did 30 minutes of cardio(ski machine) and 30 minutes of weights. I am starting to feel some muscle in my arms. I was induced with my son as he was 6 days late and didn't seem to want to come out. I had an epidural though so I didn't feel anything.Thankfully as he was a 10 lb baby. With my daughter, I asked to not let her go too much past my due date because of my son's size. I went into the hospital 2 days after my due date with all intentions of being induced, but she decided to make her arrival before anything was started. Even still, she was a 9 lb baby. She came so fast, the epidural didn't even have time to take effect. I statrted feeling contractions at 11 pm was checked and was dilated 6 cm. She was born at 1:46 am. My husband barely had time to make it back to the hospital. I had sent him home because I didn't think anything was going to happen that night. Boy was I wrong! Since we're on the subject of babies, how much did everyone's children weigh at birth? My son was 10.4 lbs and my daughter was 9.2 lbs. Well good night! I'll probably pop in tomorrow afternoon as I have to work from 9-2 tomorrow. See you then!
Steph

1hot_tomato
01-19-2005, 11:31 PM
Okay ladies!
Here I am, tada, look at the ol' gal! Well I hope y'all aren't blind now. I have to have so much help doing this stuff, thank goodness for children! I have another one sick now and I'm not feeling so good either so maybe I'll see ya in the morn or maybe I'll be polishing the toilet. Nighty Night!

I really have to go though, someone else is sick.

~Roxy

chrily
01-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Roxy-You look great! I love your hair and you have some awesome cheekbones. Ol Gal! My butt! You look younger than me.... I am soo sorry you have little sick ones in the house. I'm knocking on wood thaT mine will stay well for awhile. Bring on the Lysol. Okay...You better get some rest. Have a great night.

~chris

MichelleRae
01-20-2005, 12:19 AM
Hey girls just a quick note from work!

I drank all my water so I'm done with that challenge!

Roxy you are a cutiepatootie :)

My kids weighed 6 lbs 6 oz (Taylor) and 7 lbs 15 oz (Teagan) I was induced with both of mine I had pitocin and cytotec (inserted) and was in labor for 26 hours with Taylor and almost 24 with Teagan until they decided to go with a csection because of failure to progress, turns out her cord was wrapped around her neck.

Well back to the grind, I'll probably post later, we'll see.
Have a good evening!

Redskirt1
01-20-2005, 06:15 AM
Hi, new here, sort of. I am a stay-at-home mom of a 4 year old little girl and a son that will be 2 next month. It takes my breath away sometimes to realize how much time flies! I am having some problems with the kids, and was wondering if anyone could help? I put the kids to bed, and they don't go to sleep. Bedtime becomes a battle, and I don't know what to do. It's been this way everysince my 12 year old step-daughter came to visist at Christmas. She was here for a week and our schedules got completely messed up no matter how I tried to keep it normal. Now, I am lucky if I get the kids asleep before midnight, and I feel like everything is just out of control. I keep saying I am going to get up at 7 am and wake them up, but it never happens, I am just too darn tired. And we end up sleeping way too late. Any suggestions? I could sure use some help. Next month, I get a break! My h and I are each taking a night away in a hotel room (seperately). He and I are having problems, so the break from each other will be good too. But I feel guilty, because I have never looked so forward to something like this in a long time. I mean, a whole night with NO children and no H! Is that normal? To need the time to yourself so badly?

mamawithdreams
01-20-2005, 07:38 AM
Redskirt, I see you're from West Texas, I'm here in East Texas. About 30 miles East of Dallas.
I'm so sorry you are having problems. It's hard to comment because we don't really know much about you. In that I mean, are you a disciplinarian? Do you spank? That kind of stuff.
But first let me tell you a bit about myself so you know who you are getting advice from. I'm Crystal, 27 yo sahm of 3; almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, Andrew 2 and I'm due any day with #4. I homeschool my olest in the first grade and I've been married over 9 years. So you can take what you want from what I say.
Anyways, my 2 yo never, ever, ever fights me to take a nap but literally once in a blue moon. Yesterday he did. And I feel bad, because I know when he's really, really tired he'll sleep, but I knew he was ready and I needed him to because he was cranky and we school when he naps. So I laid him down and he'd get up, I'd go easy at first, putting him back in the bed and each time my voice would get more sturn. Finally after about the 5th time of him getting up I smacked his bottom really good with the belt twice and he did not get back up. He went right to sleep for an hour and a half or so.
Also, I live in this little bitty 2 bedroom house and all 3 kids share a room, so getting them to sleep at night is tough sometimes too. My oldest usually goes right to sleep no problems. My 3 yo doesn't, but she doesn't usually bother the others, she just lays in her bed and plays with her blankey and stares at the ceiling until she's out. Andrew doesn't usually give me problems but he won't go to sleep until they do.
I know nothing I've said may help you, but the bottom line is this...you MUST be the one in control. You make sure your kids know that YOU are the boss and the mama and you make them mind in whatever way possible.
The problems you're having with dh I very much hate to hear. The only times I've ever had those problems were during emotional breakdowns and come to find out I was pregnant every time. Yes, it's okay to want to be away from everyone. I feel like everyone deserves to have their own time I just hope one night is enough for you. Just always remember why you married him and that you two have this great family together.
I'll tell you, my oldest has this thing with family. She says every family has to have a mom, a dad, a sister and a baby. Otherwise, it's not a family. Not sure where she gets it from but I'm glad she does. Even when she goes outside to find bugs, she'll find the whole family. It's the cutest thing but that has made me realize even moreso how important my marriage is not only to me and dh and to God but even to my kids. So yes, you take your time but you use it to help yourself and your marriage. You should enclose yourself in your hotel room and drop to your knees and pray as hard as you can. I KNOW God will help those who come to him in fearful prayer.
I hope something I've said will help you. Please come back to visit us here so we can help you through these times. You are in my prayers.

mamawithdreams
01-20-2005, 07:39 AM
starting a new thread