30-Somethings - WEEK OF MAY 13th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Full Version : WEEK OF MAY 13th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoadRunner
05-13-2001, 12:58 PM
Well I am off to the airport in a few minutes~~~~~
Lauren was right--married life is great!~~~Just hope it stays like this forever~~~~~~~~~~~~
We will be in Paris tomorrow at 11am ~~~~~~
See ya'll in 2 weeks~~~~~~
Mrs Refman!!!!!!!!!!

Rabbit
05-13-2001, 06:04 PM
Hi all.

:) HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!:)

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Our ww leader challenged us to do one thing different this week. My thing is that I am not weighing until weigh in day. That's a biggie.

I'm back to journaling and staying op since I'm home this week too.

And I'm at 295 miles. Although our mile tracker has left on her honeymoon!:D

See ya - Rabbit

Sonya
05-14-2001, 08:52 AM
Good morning everyone. I'm still here, checking in after a hectic couple of weeks getting through finals and feeling just awful about my eating and lack of exercise. I'm going on a driving vacation from Denver to Seattle with two girlfriends; we leave on Wednesday. But after I get home, I intend to get out of this slump. My friend bought Thin For Life for me for my birthday; I'm taking it and will try to figure out what is the big hangup as far as my weight and body image is concerned.

Here's something to think about: I just went to a nicer athletic club and signed up because I absolutely hate the gym I belong to now. The saleswoman who gave me a tour was so kind and we were discussing my erratic eating. She said, "Remember that what you do today will show up three weeks from now. If you overeat today, you'll see the results in three weeks. If you exercise and eat healthily, that's when you'll see the real results, not the temporary ones." That's what I'm going to think about today.

When I get home from Seattle, I'm coming right back to this board. Happy spring.

Love,

Sonya

LBH
05-14-2001, 09:25 AM
Hi All,

Mrs. Refman- I was holding my breath, having absolute faith in you that you would walk down that aisle and become Mrs. Refman!! :D :D :D I am soo happy for you!! Hope you're having a wonderful time on the honeymoon!!

Sonya- Good to see you!! I like what that sales lady told you. I am going to think about that.

Rabbit- You can do it...stay away from the scale!!

Hope all you mothers had a great Mother's Day!! :D I was bugging DH about a baby yesterday...I wanna be a mommy!! He just laughs at me and says, you just want a mother's day card!! LOL, told him by September I wanna start trying. :)

I lost a pound!! Don't know how I did it, because I was awful last week! I really need to get back on the wagon!

Have a great day all!!

Punkinseed
05-14-2001, 02:49 PM
Hello all and happy Monday.... :p

Well, it's finally time to face the music... I've "amended" my profile to show my vacation fun and have started journaling faithfully today. So far, so good.

Sonya - Wave when you fly over Oregon (if you do!). I think what the lady at the health club said is a good way of keeping you focused on the future. The Ho-Ho may not get you now... but it will... eventually, it will.... :devil:

Rabbit - Hang in there with the scale challenge. Funny... when I was eating like a pig I had no problem not weighing... funny how that works huh? :dz:

RR - Have fun!!!! See ya when you get back, oui?

LBH - Congrats on the gift of 1 pound!

I have started the process of getting my house in - calling well drillers, septic... I may have found my house too. I'm going to go look at it again today. Spin around in it... see how it feels.... :spin:

I also got to "meet" my kitten Saturday. Demeter (the momma kitty) is due in 2 weeks and she's so huge that you can see the kittens moving in her tummy. I'm trying to think of names now. Not sure if it'll be male or female - but it WILL have extra toes. All her previous litters have had bet 7-9 toes on each paw :eek:. Any ideas???

Later Gators!

Terri

Sonya
05-14-2001, 04:22 PM
Terri, the first major destination of our trip is Portland so that we can go to Powells, the world's best book store. :) We're driving from Denver to Salt Lake to Boise to Portland to Seattle to Yellowstone to home, all in 8 days. I'll be waving, but from the car, not the plane. See you soon.

Sonya

Rabbit
05-14-2001, 06:14 PM
HI all. So far so good on staying away from the scale. I decided to think about how I'm doing rather than how the scale says I'm doing.:)

Sonya - let me know what you think of that thin for life book! Interesting about the 3 weeks thing. Have fun on your trip!:D

Lauren - congrats on the pound lost.

Punkin - Ha!:lol: Me too!

have a great day!

Rabbit:wave:

LBH
05-15-2001, 10:14 AM
Hi All,

I am soo weak!! UHG!! I went to softball with DH last night and then pizza afterwords and totally overdid it!! I shoulda had a salad and one piece, but instead, I had 3 pcs. of pizza!! WHAT is the matter with me?! DUH, think Lauren!!

Terri- Congrats on the kitty!! Do you have any others? They sound interesting! LOL!! My cat almost got sent to the moon last night, crawling around the bed! I don't mind, but DH almost launched him!!

Sonya- Have a great trip! I want to make it off the east coast one of these years!

Have a great day all!

Punkinseed
05-15-2001, 11:24 AM
Hello everyone! 1 day back on program!!!! :)

Well, it's official - I have found my house. I made my decision yesterday. I love it, it's perfect and I'm so scared/excited/nervous I can't sleep. I'm going to work it so that the house is ready when I get back from my trip to CA (yes, another) in July. Maybe move in August... :spin:

LBH - I have one cat. Ochoco adopted me almost 2 years ago. She was living under my Mom's front deck and would let me (only me) feed her. Our vet said she's a Maine Coon cat - she's about 17 pounds, very talkative, and loving - to a fault sometimes (ever try to extracate yourself from a 17 pound cat on your lap!?). I've been telling her she's going to get a little brother or sister - all she said was "meow" (I think she's ok with it) ;)

Back to work,

Terri

LBH
05-15-2001, 01:46 PM
LOLOL!! Terri- You're too funny, I'm sure she'll be OK with it!! Hopefully it's a boy...they get along better w/ the opposite sex! My friend had a Maine Coon cat...well, he was a mix, but pretty much Maine Coon. I love them because they're big and loveable lap cats! Her's was about 17lbs. too. My cat is just a domestic long hair, but alot of people think he's a Maine Coon. I'll have to post a pic of him. Actually, I think I have a pic of him and my old dog on my www.picturetrail.com site, in the family pics album! :) His fur is not thick like the Maine Coon, and he's indoor, so he doesn't get the thick winter coat either.

Well, I've been on lunch for about an hour and 3/4, so I guess I better get some work done! Oh, does your house have a website? Did you get a pre-fab?

Punkinseed
05-15-2001, 02:28 PM
Hello again!

LBH - You'll have to send me your name for the picturetrail site so I can go to your area (I guess that's how it works?). Yes, I got a manufactured house. But it's a little different - it's mostly built before it's put on the property, THEN they do all the tape n' texturing, carpets, painting, dormers, etc... on site. I've attached a floor plan of "my" house, but it's not exact. There's dormers in my house in both the front room and dining room with 1/2 round windows on top of the normal ones. There's a garden tub in the guest bath and the 4th bedroom is converted into a den. The master bath is configured a little different too (better, imo). Also, the side door comes off my morning room, not out of the utility room like this floor plan... But, it's close enough for ya'll to see pretty close what it looks like!

http://www.emeraldlifestyle.com/model6405.html

Terri

Rabbit
05-15-2001, 03:32 PM
Hi all. I'm doing okay this week I think. Not great, but okay. I'm up a few points for the week, but better than I have been doing - because I'm journaling again.

Punkin - congrats on the house! How exciting!

Tonight starts my new yoga class!!

Rabbit

Rabbit
05-16-2001, 06:01 PM
Surprising that no one has posted since yesterday afternoon!:(

Really liked my new yoga class - it was interesting.:)

Yesterday I only had 20 points! Wow - that is really something for me.

OK, better go and get started on dinner.

Rabbit:D

KarenK
05-16-2001, 08:38 PM
Hi guys. Things have been quiet around here lately. I've been working, going to school and working in the yard. That's about it.

Rabbit: Yoga can definitely be interesting!! I tried it once, but our teacher was big on the philosophying, rather than the physical part. Glad you enjoyed it.

Lauren: How is the new position? Hope it's interesting!

Terri: Congrats on the house!! That is totally cool!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!!

:wave: :wave:

LBH
05-17-2001, 09:09 AM
Hi All,

I agree it's been very quiet around here!

Rabbit- Congrats on eating less pts., but obviously don't make a habit of only eating 20!! That's not in your range, is it? Maybe it is, since they changed things, I don't know?! :confused:

Karen- The new position is ok. It keeps me fairly busy, most of the time. Right now I'm such a mess with my sinus', alll I wanna do is shoot myself!! :( I have not heard from the office mgr. about the job description I gave her, that she was gonna talk to the VP about. And the OM is out until Tuesday. Was hoping she'd talk to her this week, but I guess it'll have to wait. People around here, that I work with now, annoy me.

Terri- Just go to www.picturetrail.com and type in LBH in the place that it says what album to visit!! There's one pic of the kids!

Have a great day all!

BigFatBooty
05-17-2001, 09:46 AM
hi ladies, would like to jump on in and join in (univited :lol: )

I currently am posting on the Memorial Day goal thread, but not having much success!!! And I hate posting once a week to say that I've been bad :s: so thought I would swing by here if that's okay with you guys!

Punkinseed
05-17-2001, 10:42 AM
Hellooooo everyone!

BFB - YES! Do jump in!!! You're more than welcome.... :lol:

Well, on the house front, I've gotten yet another quote for something else yesterday. I feel like I'm collecting them - the excavation will cost me cookies though :D. That request made by my step-father... my payment for him excavating my property is a boatload of chocolate chip cookies. Now, how am I supposed to NOT eat them??? I've been super-stressed about all this and let's face it - cookies are the ultimate stress reliever.... I'll make it! JUST SAY NO TO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!! :nono:
Decided against starting the driveway since I have visions of 2 diesel trucks coming through and ruining it all...

Hangin' in there ok otherwise. Eating much, much better. Bowling tonight!!

Terri

LBH
05-17-2001, 11:43 AM
Hey BFB- Welcome to the weekly thread...now you can tell us everyday how bad you've been!! :lol: Just kidding, we need to make some progress!! :D

Terri- You said it...stay away from the cookies!! :D

elisa822
05-17-2001, 03:57 PM
Hi Everyone!

Since you seem so friendly, I too decided to just stick my nose in and say hi. I felt like I was "eavesdropping" on your lives so now I feel better. I just discovered this site recently and I've said the odd hello here and there and have gotten tonnes of information so I thought I would let you all know how much it's appreciated. '

I've been a WW member in the past and have recently decided to start counting my points without formally rejoining. I've been watching what I eat (well I'm really always doing that) and I've been trying to excercise more (I've found that climbing stairs in my apartment building is great for aerobic exercise), and I've been going to the gym (yay me). I thought I'd lost a couple of pounds recently but weighed myself at the gym today and got a little discouraged. I think I'm finally going to buy myself the new digital scale I've been eyeing and then weigh myself only on that scale so I'll really know if I've gained or lost. It's a struggle I live with everyday, glad to know I'm not alone.

Anyway, sorry for babbling but I loved reading your "posts" and maybe now I'll feel like I'm one of the gang.

Also, LBH, love your daily food posts - so brave of you to be soooo honest. When I'm really bad I don't want to see it in writing so good for you.

Thanks Everyone!
Elisa

KarenK
05-17-2001, 04:24 PM
Hi guys.

BFB and Elisa: WELCOME. We are glad for any and all comers. Somtimes we are good, sometimes we are bad. I, myself, am on a bad kick at the moment. Sigh.

Lauren: Maybe I could get you to drive to central Jersey and kick my butt? I know what I need to do, I know how to do what I need to do. I just cannot get motivated. It would help if I could get myself to go to the grocery store and buy healthy stuff.

FOR ANY BUSY PEOPLE OUT THERE: I was thinking about this on the way home from work. I feel so stressed with work, school and taking care of the house, that I absolutely DO NOT want the responsibility of doing the cooking and grocery shopping too. I bet I've only been to the g.s. once, maybe twice, in the past three months. Does anyone else have these feelings or is it just me? I feel like a lazy slob, but on the weeknights I don't go to school I can't seem to do anything but fall on the couch. The nights I don't have homework that is.

SONYA: HOW DO YOU DO IT?????????????????????? I know you are doing this with kids too. At least is only DH and me and the animals!!

Sorry to babbly so much. Thanks for letting me vent!!
Have a great evening.

:wave: :wave:

elisa822
05-17-2001, 07:31 PM
Well, I had such a good day, a good trip to the gym and then I had to go to the grocery store and bought some snacks for my husband and I and, of course, I ate too much chocolate!!!!!!!!! I am a chocloholic. I should have known better than to even buy it - what was I thinking. Oh well, as Scarlett would say, tomorrow is another day. I'm just going to have to keep trying - and trying harder.

It's nice to have someone to "fess up" to. At least I went to the gym.

I need to start recording my weight/weight loss - I know having someone to report to keeps me better in line.

Hoping for better times,
Elisa

Pryia
05-17-2001, 08:38 PM
Okay everyone. I am not new here but had to change my user name. Because I don't want certain people to read what I have to say. So if you want to know who I am PM and I will tell you.

I went back to WW 6 weeks ago. None of my spring clothes fit and I was feeling really yucky. Well I have lost 16.6 pounds. Can you believe it. I am almost at my 10% and I thought I would never get there.

Life has been good. Had a few rough weeks but that is over and I have moved up and onward.

I am so happy to be back and I really missed you all. I have been reading for weeks but have not posted.

Love ya
Pryia

BigFatBooty
05-18-2001, 07:29 AM
Help!

As someone said recently on one of the boards, I am suffering from "Mad Mouth Disease" I can't stop eating and my big downfall at the moment are Cadbury's chocolate buttons and Paprika Pringles (why oh why were they ever invented), I am trying to do my water, but those Pringles keep leading me down the path of tempatation and I am following all too willingly :lol:

LBH
05-18-2001, 11:04 AM
Hi All,

I started posting before, but had to leave...darn work got in the way...the nerve!! ;)

Elisa - Welcome! I am doing the same as you, am counting pts. on my own. I never got anything good out of going to the meetings, most of my motivation came from here! Brave of me to post? Yeah, most of the time, but I do wimp out on the weekends sometimes, and not post if I ate waaay off! Good for you exercising! I have to get back into an exercise schedule!! Oh and PS...there's no such thing as babbling here, we get out what we need to get out!!

Karen- Don't make me make a road trip!! You're lucky I'm too busy this weekend to do it!! I know what you mean about getting lazy though. A lot of times, I come home from work, and I have no idea what I want to eat for dinner! I look in the fully stocked freezer that has all sorts of chicken, veggies, skillet sensation things, burgers, LF hot dogs, and nothing appeals to me. I just feel like eating out or something! We really need to stock good fresh stuff and plan to eat it!! Some night, I'd rather just have a bowl of cereal and collapse on the sofa!! Last night DH and I were supposed to walk and then do some abs after dinner, and we both forgot and just collapsed watching TV!! (In separate rooms...Devil's game!)

Pryia- Welcome back! I know exactly who you are and I'm glad to see you back! :) That is soo great - 16.6 lbs.!! Keep up the good work, and keep posting!!

BFB - Back away from the chocolate and no one gets hurt!! :D I am suffering the same disease lately, but I want sooo bad to get under that 240 mark, that I am trying harder!! :D

Have a great day all!!

elisa822
05-18-2001, 11:53 AM
okay so yesterday I ate waaaaayyyyy too much chocolate. I actually haven't done that in a while and hopefully I won't again soon BUT I'm off to the gym at lunch. I have been exercising at home and I have a gym at my work, which is okay but not great, but I also just joined a really expensive gym for 4 weeks to try it out. I'm not sure if I want to spend that kind of money every month. But since I'm only there for 4 weeks, for now, I thought I should get my money's worth.

I actually had a little roast chicken slices for breakfast - may sound odd but I felt like I needed "real food" it was 10:00 a.m and I think the points were less than other things I may have bought here at work.

Anyone know how many grams in an ounce - just curious how much chicken I had. It did fill me up too.

Lauren - if you don't mind I'm just going to say "Boo Devils" - I'm a Leaf fan after all. But I won't hold it against you if you do the same.

Off to the gym......

Elisa

Rabbit
05-18-2001, 11:59 AM
HI everyone!:) Last night was weigh in and I lost 2.5!! I'm thrilled. As I look over the things I did right, I KNOW it helped that I was actually in town all week, I journaled everyday, I didn't buy any of my current "no no" foods at the grocery store, and I also quit weighing everyday. On to a new week and a loss 2 weeks in a row (hopefully!).

LBH - yes, it's in my range. My range is 20-25 points. Trust me though, I normally am not at the bottom of the range!

BFB - welcome welcome to this thread! Post away as often as you like.:)

Punkin - repeat after me: I am stronger than cookies, I am stronger than cookies . . .

Elisa - welcome to you also.:D I have become a chocoholic also. I know I can't bring any to the house. A couple of low point snacks - fat free chocolate pudding (I like jello chocolate vanilla swirl - 2points) and skinny cow 98% ff ice cream sandwiches (also 2 points, really big and delicious). These help with my chocolate/sweet cravings.:)

Pryia - I think I know who you are! Congrats on the 16.6 pounds lost!

have a super weekend all.

Rabbit:wave:

elisa822
05-18-2001, 01:42 PM
okay so yesterday I ate waaaaayyyyy too much chocolate. I actually haven't done that in a while and hopefully I won't again soon BUT I'm off to the gym at lunch. I have been exercising at home and I have a gym at my work, which is okay but not great, but I also just joined a really expensive gym for 4 weeks to try it out. I'm not sure if I want to spend that kind of money every month. But since I'm only there for 4 weeks, for now, I thought I should get my money's worth.

I actually had a little roast chicken slices for breakfast - may sound odd but I felt like I needed "real food" it was 10:00 a.m and I think the points were less than other things I may have bought here at work.

Anyone know how many grams in an ounce - just curious how much chicken I had. It did fill me up too.

Lauren - if you don't mind I'm just going to say "Boo Devils" - I'm a Leaf fan after all. But I won't hold it against you if you do the same.

Off to the gym......

Elisa

elisa822
05-18-2001, 01:46 PM
Rabbit, I've learned what's okay to keep in the house too - I just don't know what happened to me. I like the jello pudding but we don't have the skinny cow ice cream here (Toronto) at least as far as I know. We do have some pretty good low fat choices. And for the summer I've found these "kid size" ice cream sandwiches which are only 80 calories (not sure of the exact points, will check) and usually one is enough but two is definitely enough and not too bad.

If anyone else has any low fat, low point chocolate suggestions, I would be really grateful since that is absolutely my downfall.

But I did just get back from the gym!!!

Elisa

TechAlum
05-18-2001, 02:17 PM
Sorry I haven't posted all week, it's just been one of those weeks where I didn't have much to say. For some reason I've been in a funk all week. I've been fighting off either bad allergies or a cold I'm not sure which, so that's probably part of it.

Anyway, I gained at WW Tuesday. I seem to have climbed back onto the up-down-up-down coaster. I really have to get back on track ASAP.

The realtor came over and she's going on vacation Sat. until 6/15. So she want's us to wait until then to list and start looking. We're supposed to get everything ready including inspections and loan approvals while she's gone. She doesn't seem to think it'll be unreasonable to hope to move in Aug. But, I'm nervous, but on the other hand she's really good at her job.

We joined a softball league thru church, and had our first game on Sunday, it was a riot. But, man am I out of shape :dz:.

elisa - Welcome, have a great holiday weekend. The conversion calculator I found has 28g = 1oz. Not sure it's right but.... No recommendations for chocolate, luckily not one of my downfalls.

Rabbit - Congrats on getting back on track and the 2.5 lbs :D.

LBH - I've found that planning my dinners for the week and making sure everything's in the house works way better for me. We usually end up rearranging the plan, but we don't eat out or grab something unhealthy as often. I think it's the not wanting to think when we get home thing.

BFB - Welcome to the main thread. Feel free to babble here anytime :).

Pyria - Welcome back! Even though I have no clue who you are :)

Punkinseed - Congrats on the house! Glad to see you seem to have things under control.

KarenK - As a busy person I've found what works for me is planning and dragging someone else in on my plans so that if I'm not motivated they drag me or vice versa. But, that doesn't always work either sometimes that high gravity couch is just too tempting.

Well this has turned into a novel, so I'm gonna go.

-Tech :spin:

BigFatBooty
05-18-2001, 02:33 PM
can someone please give me a serious butt kick, I feel like I am spiralling out of control and I can't seem to stop. Has anyone else felt like this recently and what turned you around :cry:

on a more postive note, just being nosey but I am really curious as to who Pyria is a reincarnation of? :D

Legal Eagle
05-18-2001, 02:37 PM
O.k...I'm really going to try to start keeping up in here. I miss y'all, I do so much better when I'm a frequent poster here!

I am in the process of trying to get back to healthier eating. Actually it's not that my eating at meals has been unreasonable or unhealthy, it's all the snacks I've let creep up in between meals! Got to nip this in the butt before I gain back all 75 pounds! So far I think I've only put on about 5-7, not sure exactly as my scale at home isn't exact & I have not had the time to get to WW to weigh-in. But worse than the weight, the lack of exercise has gotten me flabby again :(

I am also pushing really hard to fit in more walking. 20 weeks from today is day one of the 3-day 60 mile walk I'm doing for breast cancer & I have GOT to get some training in! I've just finished doing a planned calendar for the next 19 weeks so I have some definite mileage goals on specific days each week and start to build up my distance on back to back days.

Welcome to BFB and Elisa! :)

Lauren - reading back through some old posts I see your boss has moved down here to my area. I think you should have come with her so you can be near me!!!!! :D

Pyria - I feel like I SHOULD know who you are...unfortunately I have no clue...my brain is on vacation these days.... but welcome back anyway...

Rabbit - Congrats on the loss!!

Punkinseed - Congrats on the house!

Won't be around this weekend, but will try to get back & post again on Monday!

Have a great weekend all! :cool:

LE

elisa822
05-18-2001, 02:39 PM
BFB - While I can't kick your butt from all the way across the ocean - I can tell you that this has definitely happened to me in the past and usually which I'm in my downward spiral, I'm also in denial. Try getting on the scale if you haven't done that in a while. For me usually the shock of the number I see is enough to get me back on track. If that doesn't work then we'll have to see what else we can do.

Good Luck,
Elisa

LBH
05-18-2001, 05:06 PM
Hi All,

OK, I can relate to EVERYONE this afternoon!! Thankfully I have been busy all afternoon and have not had time to snack!

Elisa- You can boo the Devils, I don't care...DH is a total fanatic!! Not that anyone needs to hear about my sex life, but I said to him last night, ...hmm, all this and you can still see the game out the corner of your eye?! LOL, it was pretty comical!! :D

Rabbit- CONGRATS!! :D I knew you'd get back on track...now...no more going out of town!! I like the skinny cow things, but they're too darn expensive!

For the chocoholics out there...my favorites are:

TCBY fudge pops...they're sorbet, but very chocolately. Sometimes, they even help with the whole icecream craving thing!

Sugar Free, Fat Free pudding...I could eat the whole darn box and it's still only 4 pts.!! :D

Snack Wells cookies...13 for 3 pts. is good, and they do the job when I have a cookie craving.

Those are the staples in my pantry/freezer! :D

Tech- Was starting to wonder what happened to you. I have those days too, when I just don't have anything intelligent to say...unfortunately I usually say something anyway!! LOL!! DH & I keep saying we're going to plan our meals and cook on Sunday, and put the stuff in the freezer to eat all week, but it seems like we're always soo darn busy!! I agree that planning is the way to go though.

BFB- I'm winding up my leg and sending a big fat kick over to your big fat booty!! :D :D :D Get yourself back on track!! I have felt this way many times. Usually it's when I have a box of Entenmann's Rich Frosted donuts around, or real icecream...my two downfalls!! Get rid of all the crap around you, buy some chocolate crunch rice cakes, and get with the program!! ...How's that?

LE- It's funny, I was thinking about you when they told me about the whole job thing. They even said Cary's kind of a hoity toity area, but nice. DH did not even want to consider moving thoug!! I didn't even ask him seriously, I did it sarcastically, because I knew the answer!!

I have to admit, I cheated and stepped on the scale this AM, and saw that I have made it below the 240 mark!! But, the official WI is Monday AM, so I will try to behave all weekend so that it stays that way!! :)

Have a great weekend all...will try to pop in and make sure everyone is on the wagon!! :D

Punkinseed
05-18-2001, 05:49 PM
Helloooo everyone!!!

Let me just say that if anyone ever has any questions about wells, pumps, septic, power lines, excavating or whatEVER... I'm now officially the gal to ask. :rolleyes: Well, it'll be worth it...
Eating has been better... still having convenient "amnesia" about what I've eaten, but for the most part
Elisa - Welcome! I do the "odd" breakfast sometimes too, usually after we've roasted a turkey. it's getting written down.
My favorite all time breakfast is a jalapino bagle, low fat cream cheese, low fat sliced deli meat (chicken is the best) with sliced warm tomatoes on top.... mmmmmm....:spin:
As for the chocolate fix, I really like the Quaker chocolate chip rice cakes, or the ones with carmel n' chips on them.

Rabbit - Congratulations on the 2.5!!!!!!!!! :)

Pryia - Welcome!!! (back)

TechAlum - Under control? If that's how it's coming through trust me... it's all an illusion. :lol: I've been dreaming about wells, finding water, colors of carpeting, freak snow storms in August... Oh yea, I've got it alllll under control.... :eek: lol!

BFB - One transatlantic butt kickin' comin' your way! I agree with Elisa - get on the scale. Nothin' like a little "reality check" to get you back on track. Feel free to email me if you need to. :)

LBH - Congrats on getting into that new range of numbers!!! How thrilling!!! Fresh, "new" territory to conquer!

Ok, this was long enough... I hope you all have an excellent weekend!!!!

Terri

Pryia
05-19-2001, 12:29 AM
Okay the people at my job have a serious problem. They go out big time to celebrate birthdays. My gosh we more food than 15 people need. And yes dumb girl ate some. I had so much junk it was nuts. And I got what I deserved a tummy ache. So tomorrow I will be hitting the store. Did not have time tonight.

I am so glad to be back!!! I really miss posting here.

Sounds like so much is going on here. Rabbit congrads on your loss and I PM you. So you know who I am. I just want to be the unknown to certain people.

LBH-Hey what do you know about HeadHunters. I got a call from a recruiter today. And I am calling him back on Monday. Hey if the job is good enough and the $$$ is good. I just may have to move. But I will keep you updated on Parsipanny. I love that name.

I have all this energy at 11:30pm. I think it is because I am so HAPPY!!!!! I can't believe how getting rid of baggage can make you so relieved and peaceful.

I am going to go clean up my house and Finish watching "Where the Heart Is" I am so addicted to this movie. I don't know why but I am.

Take Care

Pyria

happyface
05-19-2001, 08:57 AM
Hi!

I am stopping in for a quick note. I have moved and we are in the process of organizing the new place and getting everything put away. Last week I lost 1/2 pound. I had gained for 2 or 3 weeks in a row before that and had gotten back to starting weight. (not good) so I am going to try to keep losing no matter how small.

Pryia, I like your new name. I know who you are! Glad to see you here. I am curious about how you picked the name. Good for you losing 16 + pounds!! :)

Sonya, have a great trip. Hope you get back on track when you get back. It sounds like you are getting your mindset ready! :)

RR, have a wonderful honeymoon! That is so exciting! :)

I have to go for now. Little one just signed up for Karate!

Hi to everyone, and welcome new friends!!!

:)dani

Pryia
05-19-2001, 10:40 AM
The name comes from:

If my son would have been a girl. That would have been his name. If I ever have a girl I am going to name her Pryia Marie. So I thought I would use that name on here.

LBH
05-19-2001, 03:50 PM
Hi All,

Pryia- You know, when I was in 3rd grade, I went to school with an indian girl named Pryia...can't remember if that's how she spelled it, but I always thought it was pretty name. It's pronounced "Pree-uh", right?

As for headhunters, I've never had a bad experience. Just make sure that YOU don't have to pay them, the companies should be paying them. They pretty much work like temp agencies/employment agencies. I'm not sure of the difference, probably they're more personalized or something.

Parsippany's a pretty nice area. Morris County in general is pretty nice. Parsippany has tons of apartment complexes and shopping areas, along with tons of office parks. Can't tell ya' what their schools are like though. I know they have 2 high schools, so I assume there's a few middle schools too. In general, it's a nice, but busy area. It's about 1/2 hour from NYC probably.

And I completely agree on the fruit thing!! I brought in fruit for my birthday at my old job! Yes, we had to bring in our own treats on our b-day there!! Everyone always brought bagels, sometimes donuts and cookies, but rarely fruit! So unfortunately it took the few fat girls in the group to start bringing fruit on our b-days!! Let me tell you, it all went too!

Dani- Congrats on the new house...where'd you end up? Email it to me, if you want. :) Guess you're up to yoreyeballs in boxes, getting everything unpacked! Congrats on the 1/2 lb. lost!!

Terri- No congrats yet...that was cheating...Monday AM's WI is what counts! I really hope it stays though!! Aren't those choc chip rice cakes the best?! It's the chips... ;)

Well, I've been bad today, but I'm gonna go post it all... :eek: Have a great day all!!