UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-18-2005, 09:39 AM   #1  

Default Carol Vorderman Detox

Hello there

I havne't posted on this site for a very, very, long time, but with the New Year and a fresh new resolve, I thought it was time to come back & see what's what!

I just started doing Carol Vorderman's Detox Plan, I'm on Day 2 and doing ok so far, sticking with it and feeling alright, although did have a headache last night, probably sugar or caffiene withdrawal. I wondered if anyone else is following this plan, and how they're getting on or have done it in the past.

I've decided that I'm giving up on dieting, as in counting calories, or following a particular diet plan, as it just doesn't work for me. I just yo-yo-ing from dieting to binging and my weight goes up and down, but overall, I end up weighing about the same each January!! (Having lost and gained about 1-2 stone usually!).

So I'm now upping my exercise and getting fitter and healthier and following a healthy eating plan (hence the Detox) all of which I'm hoping will help me lose weight, and once I've finished the detox the plan is to continue eating the same sort of foods without re-introducing all the junk back into my diet.

I've also stopped weighing, I used to weigh every morning and if the scales didn't say what I hoped or expected, it use to depress me and could start off a full-scale eating attack! So no more, I've measured myself but I'll know when I've lost as my clothes will do up again!

dotty
MadamDotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 10:54 AM   #2  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Dotty, sounds like you've got a plan going there... well done and welcome back, pop in and visit us often and let us know how you're doing
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 01:14 PM   #3  
Queen of Chaos!

All the best with it!
mysticvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 03:48 PM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Sounds great! Well done for getting on with the healthy eating!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:06 AM   #5  

Hello Dotty

I don't think I could do the Carol Vorderman thing yeuch all those beans and stuff!

BUT I just wanted to pop in and say hi to a fellow Midlander! Whereabouts are you from? I'm in Wolverhampton
MandyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:51 AM   #6  

Hi MandyJane

I'm in Telford, so not far away. I sometimes come into Wolverhampton for a bit of shopping but haven't been for a while.

Doing well on my detox and really enjoying it, to my amazement, I thought it would be a bit of a chore, but the food is lovely and I'm not missing anything, even chocolate, which is unheard of for me. I'm now on Day 14, so halfway through, but I intend to carry on with it afterwards, although add some foods back in, but it's good and I'm definately feeling better for it, more energy and just general well-being, my skin looks good too, and that's only after two weeks.

I'm not weighing, so don't know how much I've lost, but I have lost weight as I can now fit back into two pairs of trousers that wouldn't do up after Christmas and the trouseres that were really tight are more comfy. I'm trying to exercise more as well, and have done a bit, but need to do more.

All in all, going well.

Jan
x
MadamDotty is offline   Reply With Quote