100 lb. Club - Weekly Move Yer Kaboose Thread 1/17 - 1/23

mezmerize
01-17-2005, 11:53 PM
Sorry I got a Late Start on this Thread. Please fill free to repost your Monday workout. Ok that said...

NOW MOVE THOSE BODIES!!!

mezmerize
01-17-2005, 11:56 PM
Sorry if I messed you guys up. I hit the back key when I seen I had typed the 16th not the 17th. Now I see I made two post. Sorry if I confused you guys.

Here's my Monday workout for Jan 17

3 Mile WATP
2 Mile WATP
1 Mile WATP

SwimGirl
01-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Mez - how do you do that? Omg, I'm jealous, I barely have 5 minutes for exercise.

I did exercise today! unfortunately I hiked 1.5 km's in the pouring rain. I will do my pilates video and a 20 min cardio workout as well.

-Aimee

djs06
01-18-2005, 12:31 AM
oops, posted this in the wrong place!

15 minutes stair master, 20 minutes lower body weights, 10 minutes stretching, 35 minutes elliptical.

Tomorrow is another moving day. YIKES.

Gypsydancer
01-18-2005, 10:44 AM
I overslept Sunday and Monday, so no workouts those days, but today I'm back in gear! I dug out an old Kathy Smith step workout and did that, since I was tired of my other step tape. This was a good workout but the choreography is pretty boring. Oh well, I'll do it awhile until I find something better.

Here's my plan for the rest of the week (I'm determined to bust past my post-pregnancy setpoint):
-Step Aerobics in the a.m., for a total of 5 days
-pilates ab workout in the p.m. or power yoga
-take stairs at work (3 flights)
-walk everyday at lunch

I'll report back here daily to keep me accountable. Happy moving!

mezmerize
01-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Everyone is doing great. I'm going to respond to some post from last week. I didn't have much time durning the weekend. My daughter is going into the hospital tonight. Maybe I'll be a grandmother by this time tomorrw. :)

Tammy How did the energy bar work? My doctor also told me cramping would go away once I had children. Humm wonder how long after one has there children it takes effect. My youngest is 15 yrs. When my TOM is here I make sure I have low cal treats handy like skinny cow ice cream and hard candy with splenda.

Dana Im so sorry to hear about your kitty.

Moon Puppy Wow that rummage put a nice amount of change in your pocket.

Aimee I love Pilates and Im trying to break myself form WATP so I can fit it in Its not easy getting the workouts in Ive gave up watching some of my T.V. programs and certain household duties wait until the weekend.

Now for My workout-
Tuesday
3 Mile WATP
2 Mile WATP
1 Mile WATP

Sheila53
01-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Monday

1 hour water aerobics
20 min. stretching

Tuesday

2 mile WATP
20 min. stretching

Hey, I have two exercise videos I'd love to send someone. One is Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies, and the other one is Leslie Sansone's WATP 2 mile fat burner. If interested, please PM me. Have padded envelope, will mail! I'm moving and need to clear out some stuff.

Tammy32
01-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Elliptical: 5 miles in 44min 35sec...Averages out to be 8.67 minutes per mile. My personal best so far. Mez, I think the energy bar helped. Then again who knows if it was just my mind thinking it was working or what. But, I did have pretty good energy.

Bike: 5 miles

I really enjoy being able to get 5 miles done on the elliptical so fast. I get super bored if I am at something for to long. So, I push it hard so I can hurry up and get done. I guess that is not a bad thing at all. :)

I've not been posting much..Depression is really bad and on top of that I am pretty sure I have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). I've been cleaning my house like a crazy woman. Crying the whole time I am doing it. I think my husband thinks I am losing it. I can't seem to relax unless things are neat and tidy. And even then my mind is racing on to the next thing. I need a break from my mind. This is the norm for me. I have an appointment on Feb. 1. That feels like forever!

Darlene, almost everytime that I am stalled it comes down to what I am eating. I have to journal and then it stares right back at me, and I can see exactly where I am off track. I know you don't count calories but a food journal might help anyways. I'm with you all the way at "busting" out of previous stalling weights. I want to get to 189 so that I feel secure that I am never going to be at 200 again. So, we can be in this together. I don't weigh until Thursday so I don't know yet if I have a loss or not. I sure hope so. Hopefully by then the extra water weight will be gone from TOM.

Mez, I hope you are a grandmother by tomorrow also!! I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to hear back from you.

nelie
01-18-2005, 11:41 PM
I had planned to go to the gym today but this morning I woke up with a really bad muscle spasm in my left lat. I have taken some motrin to alleviate the pain but it still hurts to move (and breathe) so I decided it would be best not to go today.

Good job everyone who has been exercising.

Gypsydancer
01-18-2005, 11:51 PM
Nelie, I'm sending you healing vibes so your lat feels better soon!

Tammy, thanks so much for your encouragement and empathy! You're right about doing a food journal, and I know it's my eating (eating out and not exercising portion control) and not my lack of exercise that's got me plateaued already, but I figure a little extra exercise can't hurt. Here's hoping you see a nice loss on Thursday!

Today I didn't make it for my lunchtime walk because it was in the single digits temperature-wise. But here's what I did do:
-Step Aerobics
-pilates ab routine
-The Method TV show (today it was Afro-Brazilian dancing!)
-Walked 12 flights of stairs at work

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Tammy32
01-18-2005, 11:57 PM
You are stepping it up a notch!! I added some extra exercise tonight at the gym by doing the bike. You would have to ride that thing for hours to burn off many calories though..I rode for 5 miles and burned under 80 calories. I liked it though. It was a nice change.

Nelie, Ouch!! Sorry to hear about that. Yep, resting it for now is the best thing you can do. Hopefully it will heal quickly.

Jen
01-19-2005, 03:23 PM
I started back to the gym yesterday after being off for quite awhile with this stupid pneumonia. I've been feeling okay for awhile but went to the gym 2 Thursday's ago and I felt terrible the next day so I figured it was still too soon. I went yesterday and today, did 40 minutes of cardio and some machines. I missed not going to the gym, it was starting to feel like part of my daily routine!

chocolatecatz
01-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Monday: 45 min interval training (aerobics and weights)
Tuesday: SAME
Wed: 2 Mile Walk Away The Pounds

SwimGirl
01-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Today I did a 20 min workout and pilates(40 minutes). I am looking forward to starting the running thing, scared though! Here's a horrible horrible question... is it possible to be too fat to run? What do you think? The run I'm planning to do is in the middle of April, which gives me about 3 months.. which I feel is plenty of time to train.

-Aimee

~moon puppy~
01-19-2005, 09:31 PM
Mez........update us with the news!

I have not worked out since last Friday. :( I have had the 24 hour bug raging through my house. One gets better anther gets it. Ugh.

Glad everyone else is doing great this week.

Tammy32
01-19-2005, 09:45 PM
MP, that is how it goes around in my house. Hopefully it will run its course soon and things will get back to normal.

Mez, is there a baby yet?? I'm anxiously waiting to hear news. :)

Aimee, I think you can do anything you put your mind to. How long is the run going to be? If you were not a runner before I think though that you are going to have to train hard for it. As for that being to fat stuff, I see a woman in my neighborhood jogging everyday and she is overweight. So, I think you will be in good shape for your run. :)

Elliptical: 5 Miles 44min 17sec (8.83 mile average) Cardio
Bike: 5 miles 22min (4.4 mile average) Cardio

Gypsydancer
01-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Today I did step aerobics and 14 flights of stairs. I'm having incredible pain in my heel. I have a bone spur on it and I thought the weight loss would cure the pain, but it hasn't yet. I'm popping Motrin before I go to bed at night so it won't hurt during my workout, but wondering if anything else can be done. Does anyone else suffer from this?

heather_dw
01-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Good grief,..lol

I just finished my one Mile WATp dvd. I used to do these about 5 times a week before all this heart stuff happened and now i struggle to even get through it at all. My legs have a fit the entire time, but I know I have to do this. The cardiologist said that my good cholesterol was low and that if I exercised, it would help raise it. So, Legs, you are just going to have to get used to it,..LOL :devil:

I am going to try to get it in at least four times this week. So far, I have 2. Then next week I want to get it in 5 times. I know it will get easier as I go, but whew~!
:jig:

Tammy32
01-19-2005, 11:52 PM
Darlene, I don't know if a bone spur is what I have, but I wake up in the morning and almost collapse if I am not careful because the pain in my heel is so bad. When I first started out I used to walk 5 miles everyday. My heels would just kill me when I was exercising. I don't hurt from it as much now. It seems 50 pounds lost has helped some. Mornings are just rotten though. You can go for a nifty cortisone shot at the doc's office. My mom has to do that. I'm not a big fan of a needle going into my heel, so I just suffer.

Br00klyn
01-20-2005, 12:13 AM
Well Ladies - I moved my Kaboose today for the first time since October 13th!!! :D

I'm quite proud... I went to the gym and did 30 mins of cardio (15 on Elliptical & 15 on Cross Trainer), lower body weights and abs. Yipee!

I feel like I can totally get back on track... AND, I found I could comfortably maintain a heart rate of over 160 which is fantastic since before I quit smoking, I'd be anywhere from 140-150 and get out of breath! Its amazing the difference in only 10 days of being smoke free! :)

Sheila53
01-20-2005, 12:47 AM
Good for you, Celina!

1 hour shallow water aerobics (with an instructor that kicked butt--I'm sore!)

nelie
01-20-2005, 01:13 AM
My class ended early tonight so I went to the gym on the way home. I did back and biceps (my back muscle is feeling oh so much better) and then I was ready to go home after 40 minutes of that. I then decided to talk myself to get onto the torture device (elliptical that changes incline and resistance) for 18 minutes. I was ready to quit at 7 minutes but I didn't let myself.

Oh also, I ordered some XL undies from Victoria's secret and they fit perfectly, maybe even a little big. I am so amazed to wear regular sized underwear, especially since I am a definite pear ;)

Life is good

mezmerize
01-20-2005, 02:53 AM
Hi everyone. I just got home from the hospital it's 12:47 a.m My daughter had her baby at 11:30 p.m. It was very stressfull she had a few problems with blood presure and not going past 4cm they were going to give her a C- section. It didn't come to that. They tried some different meds and they seemed to work. She had a 9.38 oz boy. They both have a fever form an infection because my daughters water broke and they want a birth with in 24 hrs. She went 18 hrs so a bit of an infection set in. He seems very alert and she looks great. They were going to take a sample of his blood and get him on some anti biotic when I left. I believe that is what they said. I'm pretty tired so I'm off to bed. I did take some pic and I'll post one here. Thanks for asking how things are going. He has dark hair Lots and lots and a deep dimple on his chin. :)

Tammy32
01-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Congratulations Mez!!! How does it feel to be a grandmother?? It sounds like things did not go smoothy for your daughter but at least she did not have to have the C-section. The recovery time is so much longer with C-sections. Hopefully they will get those infections cleared up quickly. 9.38, he was a whopper! 18 hours is a long time, did she have an epideral for pain? Once again Congrats Grandma. :)

Gypsydancer
01-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Congratulations, GRandma Mez! Hopefully the fevers are down, and the infections are cleared up already. What a wonderful time for you!

Tammy, it sounds like what you have could be a bone spur or this other thing that I forget the name of..."Planters" something or other. Kelly on the Biggest Loser had this thing I'm thinking of. I think I'm going to go to a podiatrist, although I don't really want a shot in my heel. and I'm afraid he or she will say "no exercise" for awhile.

Congrats, Celina, Heather, and Nelie (you sexy thing!). Sheila, as always, you're an inspiration.

Tammy32
01-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Elliptical: 4 miles 37min 30sec (9.3 minutes per mile average) Cardio
Bike: 11.50 miles 37min 30sec (3.24 minutes per mile average) Not at Cardio but higher than fat burn. Whatever is between those two is what I did.

I'm going to have to start taking a pen and paper with me. I had to do the same amount of time on the bike as the elliptical, because I knew by the time I got home I would not remember what I did on each one.

Darlene, if it is not getting any better at all then I think you really probably should see the doctor. Yeah, they might tell you no exercise for awhile but once it is taken care of you won't have to worry about the pain anymore. I'm sure that will be a great relief.

Everybody is doing great this week. Let's see if we can keep it going tomorrow and then through the weekend.

I forgot this. When I am on the bike at the gym my mind flashbacks to the 80's to Olive Newton Johns video Physical. I sometimes wonder if I look like that(the big sweaty guys). I hope not.

Br00klyn
01-21-2005, 12:16 AM
Congrats Mez! That's so exciting! :)

As for me, oh did I ever move my kaboose today... ?! hehe.. I went to a "Dance Fever" class at my gym and learned a whole dance routine to Michael Jacksons " The way you make me feel"... Hehe! It was a fantastic workout and oh so much fun!

nelie
01-21-2005, 02:04 AM
Hey girls! (and guys)

I just got back from the gym and I did 50 minutes of weights (shoulders) and then 28 minutes of elliptical. I also had a personal trainer approach me, which happens once in a while, but I told him I wasn't interested in doing personal training. He told me that he will do a fitness assessment for me one day though if I want but before my workout. I may do that one of these days.

Gypsydancer
01-21-2005, 12:03 PM
Yesterday I did step aerobics and pilates abs. No stairs--I worked at home, but I did do lots of housework (though my house is still a mess :( ).

Tammy32
01-21-2005, 04:04 PM
I know this is not the weigh-in thread, but I don't care to post there. I weighed today and I maintained. I don't know how much more I can do to budge from this weight. I am staying OP, Exercising. I wonder if I am going to have to drop from 1200 calories down to 1000. I was losing pretty consistently on 1200 calories until I got to the weight I am at now (195). Anyways, just needed somewhere to vent a bit. Just kind of in that "giving up" mood. I am working so hard, yet I have nothing to show for it. I'm off to the gym, I am determined to not let this plateau get the best of me. I might want to give up, but I am trying my hardest not to.

Gypsydancer
01-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Oh, Tammy, I know how frustrating a plateau can be (remember I'm already in the midst of one myself!). Do you think it's possible you're eating too little? 1200 calories doesn't seem like very much when you're as active as you are. I remember when I weighed 200 pounds and was pretty active, my dietician aunt prescribed a 2000 calorie diet. But if you think 1200 calories is what you should be eating, one thing that might help is varying your caloric intake. Day 1: 1200 calories, day 2: 1500 calories, Day 3: 1200 calories, Day 4: 1000 calories (although that seems so low!), etc. Something like that. I know WW adherents do something called the Wendy plan to shake them off a plateau that follows this kind of concept.

((Hugs)). You'll get through this!

Tammy32
01-21-2005, 08:17 PM
I thought it was possible that I was eating to little and this past week I added extra calories to make it about 1500 a day and that did not seem to really do the trick either. I have to change something, I know that much, just not sure what. I'm scared to up my calories more than 1500 as I might see a gain. But, I might have to try it. I'm pretty much trying everything else that I can think of. I even shook up my exercise some. Soooooooo...weights were not stopping me from losing weight. I know that much now. It sure has been a nice break though from not having to do them.

I guess I should be greatful that I am not gaining, but it's so hard to gracious when you work so hard for something and get nothing from it. Well, nothing that I can see. My clothes are still fitting the same way, so I honestly think I am just stuck.

This can't go on forever. I sure hope that it passes sooner than later. Thanks for the encouragement Darlene. I really, really needed it. :):)

Elliptical: 4 miles 37min 30sec (9.33 average per mile) Cardio
Bike: 9.03 miles 40min 8sec (4.44 average per mile) Higher than fat burn but lower than cardio.
Walking: 1.47 miles

Sheila53
01-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Thursday

2 mile WATP
20 min. stretching

Today

20 min. outside walk (it was 60 degrees out!)
20 min. stretching

I have to say that I wasn't going to exercise today, but two things made me do it. 1) I wanted to be able to post on this thread that I'd done something, and 2) I wanted to get 4 pts. for the monthly challenge. So. . .these threads really are motivators!

nelie
01-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Tammy,

How about eating different proportions or different food? If you are doing the traditional low fat (60% carbs, 20% protein, 20% fat), try lowering your carbs and upping your protein with some lean meats. If you are doing a low carb diet, try upping your carbs a little with some good carbs like apples, yams, whole wheat bread, brown rice, etc.

You could also try doing some different exercises as well, maybe add in some weights if you haven't already?

Your body just needs to be shaken up and told that you aren't at the weight you want to be.

heather_dw
01-22-2005, 04:03 AM
i got in another WATP mile for a total of 5. I need to get in one more tommorow or Sunday to get to my goal of 4 for the week. Next week's goal will be 5.

Whew, it is hard getting back into things.

nelie
01-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Last night I did an hour of legs and today I am going to go play racquetball.

djs06
01-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Tammy, I'm so sorry to hear about your plateau. I know it's really frustrating, and I assume even moreso after it slows down after the first 50 or so. We all know how hard you're trying, though, and I think you're right in just trying new things. It's all about the experimentation, and I'm thinking you might want to try eating a little more. I know you do a LOT of cardio, so it's something to not rule out yet, right?

I haven't been to the gym since Tuesday, between this crap weather and just kind of feeling in a mental rut, then getting cavities filled (ha, my favorite pastime). These past few days haven't been too great, but I'll get back in. I go back to school tomorrow, god willing (i.e. if the roads aren't completely covered in snow, it's a 4 1/2-5 hour drive to Baltimore so who knows what could happen), and my gym membership is frozen there til feb 1. However, I have my pilates tape and the 3 mile WATP I got for a buck at goodwill, so I'll get back in the game.

I love reading this thread, thanks for logging here, ladies. It brings me a lot of motivation, and I love to hear how great everyone is doing.

Sheila53
01-23-2005, 12:10 AM
1 hour combo water aerobics
packing and moving boxes, loading stuff into the truck to take to the dump and storage shed(I probably burned more calories doing this than I did at water aerobics!)

heather_dw
01-23-2005, 01:46 AM
Did my one mile WATP again..

good grief, i hope my body gets used to it soon. right now my legs HATE it.

:-D

nelie
01-23-2005, 07:40 PM
I had an awesome workout. I did 40 minutes of weights (chest and triceps) then I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and I did the program that creates intervals by upping elevation and resistance. I was pretty happy because it has become slightly easier. The first time I tried it, I wanted to attack it with a sledgehammer and I didn't feel that way today.

Also, I broke the cardinal rule by going grocery shopping after the gym at which point I was STARVING. I didn't buy any "bad" things though so I did ok.

SwimGirl
01-23-2005, 11:03 PM
I hiked 30 minutes, like I'm going to have a heart attack hiking (plus I ran into some deer... which are kinda freaky in the pitch black btw!). It was worth 6 WW points!

-Aimee

Gypsydancer
01-23-2005, 11:46 PM
Hi, everyone! On the weekends, it's so hard to post. I did well with exercising, though. Step aerobics yesterday and today, and today I bought a new step tape. I wish my eating was going as well. Nothing too bad, I just feel like I'm eating too much (having seconds).

Tammy, for me, a plateau almost always has to do with carbs. I don't know what you do with carbs, but you might try playing with them.

Tammy32
01-24-2005, 01:35 AM
Here is my predicatment. I have non-alchoholic fatty liver disease. That is only the beginning. Three years ago I started taking an anti-depressant. Well, a few months into it I developed hepatic encepalopathy (think I botched the spelling, but it is close). Basically my liver was not breaking down ammonia and in turn that was poisoining my mind and body. I was one sick person. It took me over two years to recover. Here is the problem. It is not known if the anti-depressant caused it or also diet could have caused it, to much protein in the diet, or it could be a number of other things it could have been. All I know is I quit eating alot protein and quit taking the anti-depressant and I started to recover. I still have very little short term memory. I also can't remember a big chunk of my life. My son (who is 14) has to clue me in on alot of things I can't remember and don't figure I ever will.

So, I am very, very afraid to make protein more abundant in my diet. I don't ever want to go through what I went through again. I can't even begin to explain how disabling this was for me. There was a time that I could not even remember my childrens names. It was very profound. There is much more to it, but I don't want to make this long. I just need to know a way to change up my diet to quit making it so carb heavy without adding to much protein. I know that I can cut carbs but that is going to definately limit what I can eat. Mainly, the only thing I can think of is low carb veggies. I'm not sure how long I can stick with that though. Any suggestions?

SwimGirl
01-24-2005, 02:40 AM
Tammy - wowsers, I'm sure glad you are mostly healed from that, and I would be scared to add protein into my diet as well. Could it at all be the type of protein? What type of protein was it before all those things (I won't even try to spell that!) started? And what about complete proteins? I'm sure we can figure this out for you. How are you with eggs and low fat dairy? Don't worry, I'm sure with all of us we can come up with SOMETHING! Take care!

-Aimee