Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-16-2005, 05:22 PM   #1  

Default I'm new and I need help!!!!

Hi everyone

I found this site because I am looking for some good tips with exercise. I am (gulp) 119 kilos. I have made a good start with changing my eating, but I really want to get moving. I walk quite a bit. I want something I can do at home, as I hate gyms. There is a pool nearby, so I am planning on swimming but I can feel the excuses coming on already

I'm thinking dvd's and some very simple equipment, we live in a tiny house, and dh, who is already under sufferance with the healthy eating program will go mental if I bring an exercise bike into our little house

Thanks in advance guys

Kx
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:53 PM   #2  
Flower Fan 86

Hello
I just dug out some old tapes I had and did one yesterday. It was an abdominal one called "Hit the Spot" by Denise Austin. I must be out of shape because I can feel it today! Did not take up any room to do it so this might be one that would work. All you need is space to lie down.
Flower Fan 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 03:22 PM   #3  

I like tae bo, Kathy Smith kickboxing and Kate's Cardio Combat

They don't need loads of room. Cardio combat probably needs the least, but for tae bo and Kathy you need to be able to take 4 steps sideways but I guess you could adapt it. Kathy Smith needs a chair but non of them use weights or anything.

Dill
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:43 PM   #4  

Thanks for your help I have lots of ideas to keep me going! I'm joining the gym at work, but want to have a back up, because I know I will feel really self conscious and may end up chickening out!!!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:22 PM   #5  
Mary Ellen :D

I've really gotten into pilates lately. I like the Crunch fitness ones. There's a Pick Your Spot Pilates where you pick which area you want to work - buns, legs, etc - these are about 10 minutes each, you can do one or all of them. And there's a Fat Burning Pilates which is a bit harder and sometimes I can't make it all the way through but feels more like a cardio workout - this is about 45 minutes. I do these videos when I can't make it to the gym but still want a nice core strengthening workout.
Bobolvr78 is offline   Reply With Quote