South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 04:56 AM   #1  

Default Weekend Chat ~ 15&16th January.

Hi Chickies....

We had a lovely day today. Went and visited my nanna and had lunch with her and then just simply relaxed. Tomorrow we are off to the city to go for a walk and then some Japanese for lunch... funnily enough my toddler will eat Japanese cuisine but won't touch a piece of broccoli

I have to say that my weight is really going slow with anything apart from an almost strict phase 1. I have tried adding in different foods at a slow pace but all bar the very lowest GI foods seem to trigger a negative response in me. I don't just mean weight, but also lethargy and an overall cruddy feeling. Has anyone else experienced this? I have insulin resistance, so perhaps that is playing a part in it. I suspect that I really need to be increasing the duration and intensity of my exercise as well to be helping with the insulin. I will make that a priority and see how I go....

I hope you are all well.
M
Old 01-15-2005, 05:15 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Artemis, and thanks for starting us up. Combining Saturday and Sunday threads is a good idea because weekends are usually slow. The number of posts this month has been incredible, however, so who knows.

Too funny that your toddler likes Japanese food but won't eat broccoli. You'd think it's be the other way around. My kids went through that stage where the foods on the plate could not touch each other which is kind of reverse Japanese.

Yesterday was very relaxing and filled with birthday wishes here and in so-called real life. I did not eat properly, I must confess. I even had a birthday "cake" - a strawberry muffin with a candle. How pathetic is that! I felt all sluggish and dozy and managed a two hour nap instead of my usual half hour. Artemis is right - starch screws up insulin levels!

Today I've got an early start on what had better be a productive and clean eating day. I've already written and printed off the Church bulletin so that's a good start. An egg and Canadian bacon breakfast is on the plan as soon as those lazy Girls of mine wake up.

What's happening at your house?
Old 01-15-2005, 07:01 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey chicks I am on the fly gotta go to dance class. I will be back this afternoon. But wanted to report I am down 5 pounds. Yipee for me.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:48 AM   #4  

Hey Little chick.. congratulations on the five pounds
Old 01-15-2005, 08:02 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! Before I got the bacon and eggs out of the fridge, I smelled the last of the strawberry muffins. I resisted but did switch to cereal with blueberries. I think I may have just eaten 190 calories of Frankenfood although some of the ingredients look OK. Will I die? It's "Optimum Slim" which I bought on a whim.

INGREDIENTS:
Organic whole wheat meal, organic wheat bran, organic soy flour, organic evaporated cane juice, organic brown rice flour, organic soy fiber, organic barley malt extract, calcium carbonate, organic oat bran, organic whole oat flour, organic whole Kamut®* wheat flour, sea salt, organic whole millet, organic barley flour, rice bran extract, organic molasses, organic whole quinoa, natural vanilla flavor, tocopherols (natural vitamin E) natural almond flavor. May contain traces of peanuts, tree nuts, or soy.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:06 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, all!

Artemis, I think you're right... I'd try increasing the intensity of your exercise a bit.
And maybe you're just going to have to stay away from some of the "heavier" carbs for awhile. Like potatoes, rice, etc.
Enjoy your Japanese lunch tomorrow!

Ruth, I'm glad you had a good (albeit, heavy) birthday!

Little Chick, congratulations on the 5 pounds!!

You know, I had my first real OP day yesterday since Christmas. So why does the scale register me up a pound instead of down five?

DH and I have agreed... next time we see a mouse in our house in the autumn, we don't look at each other and say, "Oh, isn't that cute!" And do nothing about it.
We finally gave up on the poison (the mice went through two bags of it, but instead of killing them, it seemed to have some positive effect on their reproductive systems), and put down traps.
The first night, we caught 17 mice. I mean, come ON!! Who has 17 mice in their house!? Since then, we've been catching one or two a night, and the number is probably in the 25 range.
This morning I found a caught one, and saw one live one scurrying away from a bag of oats I'd forgotten to put away last night. Everything edible (apart from those damned oats) is either in a glass jar or the refrigerator. I think I'm losing my mind...
Old 01-15-2005, 08:18 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Quote:
I think I'm losing my mind...
Very perceptive, my dear, if a bit late.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:30 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

I should have expected that from you.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:34 AM   #9  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Gooood Morning all;
I am down another 3 pounds. Actually it's 3.5, but, since the tracker doesn't do 1/2 I left it at 3. One more to go and I hit Jan goal Plans for today: going to the commissary, apt hunting with DS, so he can move out of my house . Has been here since May. Got out of the Navy then. His only problem will be his credit. , it is not good. If he can't move out because of that then DH and I will think of something. He pays me rent now and does cook for himself and does his laundry. So, he doesn't free load. He has a good job. He has no friends, they left the area after hs. He needs to find a girlfriend , he has even lost some weight with the SB cooking I do for dinner. Well hope everyone has a great day. I am off to get dressed and get out in the cold. We had nice spring temps the last week, now we are in the 40's.

Ellis - get them little mice, they will eat you out of house and home We had big river rats in our shed a few years back. Them things are ugly and scary. Took BIG traps to get rid of them.

Little Chick - 5 pounds that's great!!

Ruth - Glad you had a nice peaceful birthday.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:17 AM   #10  
RNMOM

Default Greetings....................

Hiya from the ER, it's my weekend and I'm at it already. Abdominal pain seems to be the flavor of the day so far.

Didn't sleep well last night so I'll be dragging my tooshie around all day.

Ruth glad your birthday was nice, you deserve it.

Artemis, how much weight to you plan to lose? If you don't have much to lose that might be why things are slow.

History chick, 5 pounds hooray for you!

Ellis, it sounds like you need to get bear traps. Ewww, I hate mice, but I feed squirrels, aren't they both rodents??????

chipper, how much are you down total? That's so cool!

I'll run home later and weigh in for my official weeky weigh-in
Old 01-15-2005, 09:31 AM   #11  

A quick hello from Texas! I promsied DD that she could play on the computer, so I will catch up on posts later!

Mama and Ruth Hope you enjoyed your celebrations. (Mama- Does this mean you shaved your legs>? )
Old 01-15-2005, 10:44 AM   #12  

Morning Ladies! I thought I would give a quick post before taking off for the day and romping around town with the hubby.

Little Chick - Congrats on your loss!!!

Ruth - So glad you had a good birthday!

Ellis - When I was in a mouse ridden rental house years ago I went from, "AW, but he's sooo cute" to "gimme that broom!" VERY quickly. I hope you have some luck getting those little buggers out!

RNMOM - Good luck on your weigh in. I hope your weekend in ER isn't overly taxing, though coming from a nurse mom, I remember that weekends are most often the worst. I hope you get some rest!

Kiko - Have a super day!

Chipper - Congrats on your loss! I would love it to be 40 here, but we are sub zero for the next 3-4 days it seems.

Artemis - Good luck with figuring out what you can eat that doesn't effect you. That is what I am worried about as we are just starting PII, but I am certain that no matter what happens, the supportive group here will help us figure things out! Have a super day!

Anyone that I missed or that has not checked in yet - Have a wonderful day at the Beach! Celebrate your family and enjoy your weekend!

Nally
Old 01-15-2005, 11:00 AM   #13  
A Lily from my yard!

A quick drive by for me. We have that soccer meeting today with DD. I need to get to Wally World today. We are running out of everything since I have been sick. Hopefully I can hold up today. Atleast I will have DH with me. lol Well DH has cooked me breakfast so I am off to eat! Have a great day all!
Old 01-15-2005, 12:14 PM   #14  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Good afternoon everyone!

I'm so excited about the chili cookoff today. Even though I'm not eating chili! I really need to get out and meet and greet with people. Winter is such a blah time here that everyone gets a little S.A.D. so this should be fun. Plus I have two 40th birthday parties this evening for my girlfriends. Which will be like mini class reunions because I never went to a class reunion since graduating high school. I went to Chico's and bought a new outfit. I burned up my Christmas gift certificate plus the cash in my purse. I love the sizes there 1 2 3 makes anyone feel good. I wear a 2 top and a 3 bottom.

Ellis - 25? Man oh man. Use peanut butter on the traps and remeber they drink from the little pan on the bottom of the fridge. Can you get a cat?

Bami - How are you doing girl? Must be feeling ok if you are up and around.

Artemis - I am a lot like you. I stick very close to phase I and only venture off with red wine.

Ruth - Belated Happy Birthday! Hope your day was great! I know what you mean about smells. I cracked open a fresh bag of potato chips for DS and stuck my face in it and took a big wiff. I didn't eat any though.

Chipper - Rock and Roll! Way to go!

Everyone else -

Ok I have to put makeup on and get all dolled up! I'm packing pistachios, celery and low fat cheese in my pocket. Hope Ellis' mice don't follow me around. I'm going to be good because I want to see ONEDERLAND next week.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:26 PM   #15  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Just a quick note, then out the door again.
The commissary had some of the new SB products coming out in the spring. I was so excited. They have a can of mixed nuts. Got those. Got a BBQ sauce. And those fast breadfast bars. I needed of those this morning. I am only going to use them for a busy on the run mornings. They also had that sampler cook book. Looks nice. Got my whole wheat bread, english muffins, bagels. They had Laughing cow. I haven't been able to find until today. I am so excited. Now off to lunch and then apt. hunting. We are going to TGIFridays. I am having the chicken atkins dish. And maybe the atkins cheesecake. I am a little scared about eating starch and fruit now. DH just keeps telling me add slowly remember.
Check back later.
Love you all, you are all just the greatest
Closed Thread