Old 01-14-2005, 12:51 PM   #1  

Red face Ever Envision Yourself Thin?

Hi Everyone!!

I had an amazing experience yesterday (or was it wednesday night?-anywhoo) where for the first time I actually saw myself thin. And no, not where I plant my head on some models body, but I saw myself in my clothes at around 150lbs (although I couldn't exactly tell you what 150 pounds looks like) and I was happy and smiling.

I really hope I can do this. I am 263 pounds and I am dreadfully fearful of my weight causing health problems and also, to be honest, I am afraid of being alone. I want to have kids one day (I just turned 28) and I realize that obesity can cause pregnancy problems and that I know I want to be more active so I can have fun with my kids without getting winded and tired. I also don't want my children (if I ever have any) to be teased in school because of their mom's weight. I also want to be more active and athletic and my weight makes that difficult at times.

I am staying focused that if I can work on my compulsive overeating, and incorporate exercise into my life, then I can reach my goal. I am very afraid that since I have been around 240-260 pounds a majority of my life, that I may not be able to get below that. What if my body says that 260 pounds is healthy for me? I somehow doubt that.

I just want to thank everyone for their support. It means so much to me.

Long-term weightloss goals...

Valentinie's Weightloss Goals....

snoopychick26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 03:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome. It sounds like you are well on your way to not just envisioning yourself thin but actually bein thin. I too have a goal of 150 and really don't have any idea of what it looks like. I only remember 2 weights under 200. I was 175 at the beginning of my senior year and I still thought I was huge. I weighed 132 in 6th grade. I was the biggest girl in my class. Of course I was also the tallest. I can look back on those pictures and now realize I looked pretty darn good. I know that once I get to 150 it probably won't look the way I could ever picture because I know I'm going to have excess skin, etc. but I'd rather have to worry about that than diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, etc caused by my excess weight.

Your post made me think. Whenever I dream, I'm always thin. I don't think I've ever had a dream (or not that many) of me being what I actually weigh.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 05:03 PM   #3  

Plan your work, work your plan and you will be successful.
Congratulations on your success so far. I don't know if this counts but I have had dreams (sleeping dreams) of being thin. In fact I've had three dreams of my wedding day and in all of them I've been thin. So to me it's not really a matter of "if" I'm going to lose the weight but when.
The few times I remember being under 200 pounds was when I was twelve. I was 150lbs and pudgy. I weighed 190 in high school wore a size sixteen-eighteen. And like you Dawn, I look at those hs picts and think I looked pretty darn good.
dharmaspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 06:48 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Even though I've NEVER been thin (I started gaining weight when I was 4 and was around 200 lbs in elementary school and 300 at the beginning of high school), I'm always thin when I dream. It is kind of weird.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:08 PM   #5  
Ready to take care of me!

Welcome! You must be doing something right. Keep it up.

I always dream that I am fat! Not always, but do have some anxiety dreams about it. Most of my other dreams I don't think I knew if I was thin or not.
~moon puppy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 03:09 PM   #6  

I was never able to see myself as thin even in a dream before. I really thought it would never be a reality for me. It is really strange how your mind works!
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 05:33 PM   #7  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I remember being 155 in 7th grade (5'4") and thinking that was fat. I only wish I had me to talk to back then.

I can see myself thin, sort of. It'll be fun to see how reality looks next to the fantasy.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 09:55 PM   #8  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

The thinnest I can remember ever being was about 165 at my 5"11" my sophomore year in high school. I was an athlete and muscular so I looked good. My senior year I was 195 and felt huge. Imagine how I felt at 350 when I started my weight loss last January! I tried to prentend I didn't notice my weight for a long time. Now I think I might be a little obsessed by it. I can't picture myself thin or honestly, even any thinner than I was before the holidays (254). Even after losing almost 100 lbs I couldn't picture myself losing more. I wonder why that is? Anyone have any thoughts on that? lol.
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 05:04 PM   #9  
Want to see less of me

S/C/G: 260/255/185

When i dream about myself I never look fat .. but then again i never actually see my face, I guess it is just assumed it is me. I would like to be able to picture my self at 175lbs, but I just can't do it ... not yet anyways ... hopefully someday soon I will be able too.

when you have been over weight for so long, it is hard to imagine what you would like 135lbs lighter.

Crazy ...
Orangecupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 06:54 PM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Faces are usually hazy in my dreams, so I've never actually seen myself, I only know I am thin and unencumbered by my weight. The same with other people in my dreams, their faces are hazy but I know who they are even if their features are different in my dreams.

As I lose more weight in my face, I'm getting a better idea of what I'll look like. Yesterday I did the "pull the skin to show the bones better" thing in the mirror to get a better idea.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote