Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #94

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #94

gma22
01-14-2005, 06:56 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

gma22
01-14-2005, 07:04 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Hope we see lots of losers today!

I had another 4pt day, but still haven't gotten my scale to get to the point where I can weigh, so I just have to hang on. I know I have to be losing as I always always lose lots and quickly when I am behaving myself.

Everyone have a great day

Faye :)

Mirabelly
01-14-2005, 08:09 AM
Good morning chickies!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDY!!! :hb:

Well, I got 3 points yesterday. TOM and the kids being sick--STILL--has left me pretty lethargic. Plus it's been raining--it's almost 60 here right now!! :eek: Which means we're back to bare ground, grrrrrr. It sucks cuz one of the best things about maine is winter sports and we've had basically no sledding or skating this year.

Not sure how I'll get exercise in today, but I'll try. Maybe I'll do some yoga, though that's not so great during TOM. Things get flowing the wrong direction and then you get cramps. Too yucky to walk outside. Maybe I'll bring my weights inside or attack the woodpile or something.

The editing is done on my book and now I'm typing in the changes and working on my synopsis which I hope will sell the thing to an agent and/or editor. Don't suppose anyone here knows an agent or editor? Just thought I'd ask....most people find their agents through friends or family who know one. The whole six degrees of separation thing. I don't know anyone who knows one........That's okay. I've got such great vibes about this book, I know it's going to sell.

The kids are home one more day.....which is really 5 more days cuz they don't go back until Tuesday. They should be good and healthy by then! I feel kinda bad about not taking them to the doctors. But they are recovering, and we have no insurance so it would be like $300 just to get them checked out. They have energy and color in their cheeks, just coughing a bit now. But everyone keeps saying "have you taken them to the doctor???" What are they gonna do? Give 'em antibiotics? Well, if their systems can fight it off by themselves, I'm not giving them drugs to do it for them. They'll be stronger this way. Don't get me wrong, if I thought they weren't getting better, I'd take them in a heartbeat. Just everyone seems to go in at the least little sniffle these days. Frankly, the docs can't do much but say...yup, got a little sniffle. Go home and rest and drink fluids. Wish someone would pay me $300 for that!

Okay, I've rambled enough now.
Amanda, WAY TO GO on getting the shopping done. It's great that you KNOW that if you don't have food in the house, you'll order out. That's recognizing and stopping a bad pattern of behavior. GOod for you!

Faye, I sure hope Jack can get out of that situation. I'll :crossed:
for him.

Carrie, can't wait to see your numbers this morning. I'm not weighing right now cuz of TOM and I had pasta last night which always bloats me up. First time all year, though, and I didn't eat too much of it!

Everybody else, have a great day!

Julie

gma22
01-14-2005, 08:43 AM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :cp:
Faye :bravo:

Woohhhhoooooooo! I got on the scale this morning and am down my 10 lbs! I had not weighed myself when I posted what I did earlier. I am jazzed man cause I really want to be lots smaller to go to Vegas. I get to move both the group's weight loss and mine! YEAH!!!!!!!! I have even made goal for the month already! :cb: I even withstood temptation last night. Told Jack I really wanted something fattening to eat like pizza, which I haven't had in a long time. He said, "I know I am enabling you, but if you want one, go get one." Well, I decided I wanted to fit into an airline seat without the extension more than I wanted that pizza so I went upstairs and stayed up there. I usually have cravings for something to eat around 7 or so because we eat so incredibly early, but I have tried to break this, but it is tough. So far, so good. This is also the first time and a long long time that we didn't go out to eat the day of payday. I stayed home and made lowfat beef stew and lower rolls and had a skinny cow for dessert.

:hb: :hat: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, SANDY! HOPE YOU HAVE A FUN ONE! :gift: :encore:

Julie: It is always important to keep an eye on kids because of ear infections and bronchial trouble like pneumonia, but if after a few days they seem to be coming around with what you are doing and the fevers have abated, I agree with you that saving a dr trip and the money is ok. You know your kids and sometimes a kid just needs to go to the dr all the time when he gets a cold, like my grandson who always gets pneumonia when he gets a cold, but other kids have strong constitutions and fight it off better.

SandyG: I certainly hope you have a grand birthday celebration. You deserve it.

Well, need to go freeze my heiny off and walk. I have to laugh at you Julie, you are griping because of warm weather and no snow and I am griping because of cold weather! :lol: Must be the AGE difference. Achy bones and all! :D

Satine
01-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Morning everyone!!!! Well guess what?? I was down 3 pounds this week !!!
yipee, finally things are moving back in the right direction, this weekend I am going to set up the treadmill in the cold garage and get started on that phase now...

Sandy - Happy Birthday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faye - Wow 10 pounds, what an accomplishment, that should give you more than enough inspiration to keep you on plan and on track for Vegas!!

Julie - Sorry about TOM, hope you feel better soon, I will be there next week unfortunately.

Amanda - Hi !!!

Hope you all have a great weekend and I will check back in Monday...here is to another OP weekend!!!!

gma22
01-14-2005, 10:19 AM
LBS DOWN:

Carri :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale
Faye :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale

I have jumped a barrier I don't think even when I lost before that I accomplished. We have decided to limit eating out to once a month (versus about 8 times a month if you include fastfood) So Jack called and asked if we could take our one time tonight and wanted to go to the Half Shell, this seafood restaurant. I looked to see if they have a website as it is a local restaurant and they do so I figured out what I should order and went and calculated calories etc best I could so I would stay within my range. Sometimes, we will probably go someplace that is just plain fatty food, but I am going to try harder to make good choices.

Carri: I am so glad you are starting to lose again! Have a great weekend!

Faye ;)

gma22
01-15-2005, 07:09 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What do you have to share with us today?

Be back in a little later girls

Got another 4 pts. I am on a roll!!!!!

Mirabelly
01-15-2005, 08:10 AM
Morning girlies!

Points, hmmm......well, not so much. I got a point for water. DH got home early, the temps plummeted and we had major ice/snow on the roads (only an inch on the ground, though)...I did NOT want to cook. So, we ordered pizza. SOmething we almost NEVER do. I touted it as my "birthday meal", which is today really, and didn't feel guilty or anything. I need to have something in the freezer for days I don't feel like cooking. It happens at least once a week....fortunately, I usually have the crockpot going.

Exercise has been an issue all week with me, hasn't it? I realized that I"m obsessing over this book. I want to get it in the mail by the end of the month, I"m more than on track to do that. BUT I'm spending every minute I have sitting on the couch with my laptop just working working working. NO exercise, no sewing, no dancing, few breaks only for cleaning and cooking. NOW...you have to understand that this obsessive mentality is part of what got me fat in the first place. I obsess over things until I have them built up in my mind so huge that everything else in my life falls to pieces. I thought I had that licked. But I guess this is so new, that I reverted back to old habits.

SOOOOOO......starting today. It's back to having a life beyond my book! I will exercise today and every day, got to got to. I have a costume that has to get started and I have to rehearse because I have performances coming up in Feb, March, April and June! Gotta stop obsessing. Everything I've ever obsessed over, I burned out and dropped completely. Can't let that happen here.

For my birthday today, we're going to a friends house to play games. We're not going out to eat, which is unusual. My friend, who is aware of the dieting , is making me a nice healthy soup. Not having to cook is the big reward of the day!

Guess I'm just a rambling now.....

CONGRATS ON THOSE POUNDS DOWN LADIES!! :cp: :dancer: :flow1: :flow2:

I'll be joining you next Friday!

TTFN,
Julie

gigglez
01-15-2005, 08:23 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like everyone has been doing great! I have decided not to weigh in til mext Friday.

Amanda, I am proud of the choices that you are making. Keep it up and remember that small steps are nest.

Faye, 10lbs. You go girl. That is a great loss for you. By the way my goal for the year is 50 lbs. Can't remember if I have told you that or not. Still having trouble with the ticker so I am going to get around to taking it off of my signature.

Julie, I can relate to having to get things in my mind and blow it up. Look at it this way at least you have acknowledged it and are working to reslove it.

Getting ready to go back to bed. The article about lack of rest and weight gain has really hit home so I am aiming to get ample rest. Going to get in bed talk to everyone later.

sandy

Amanda Panda
01-15-2005, 08:56 AM
Hi girls,

Guess what...... I MESSED UP!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I just lost the plot due to my period arriving and I had a surge of hormones and felt absolutely rotten - so I ordered a pizza. Then I felt rotton yesterday aswell, so I thought 'f*** it' and ordered another one! :(

I don't think any of this would have happened if we hadn't had that first pizza on saturday - before that, we'd not had one for weeks and I had really lost the taste for them. But now I've set up the craving all over again! I think that this has just proved to me that takeaway pizza is a 'trigger food' for me - and I am best to steer clear completely. Homemade pizza's I'm okay with - but I'm really annoyed with myself for losing it completely with the Domino's!

BUT I am not going to beat myself up about this! I am thankful that I caught it early and have not gone into full binge mode. I will just pick myself up and refocus on why I am doing this.......and not mention the P word for a very long time!

JULIE (AND SANDY) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!, :hb: :hat: :hb: :hat: :hb: :hat:

May this year bring you all your hearts desires!

CARRI AND FAYE - Congrats on the pounds down - you have both done really well!

NIKKI - Hope your good mood stays with you!

Love Amanda x

gma22
01-15-2005, 09:55 AM

Julie :flow2:

Julie: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GIRL! HOPE YOU HAVE A SUPER DUPER ONE! :hb: :cb: :gift: :dance: Don't stress about it. You can't become obsessed with weight loss either so you need to work on the obsession part more than anything (like the nut here can talk, right??? :lol: )

SandyG: Put your stats for the year into our group ticker so you are all set to lose 50 big ones this year!!!!!!

Amanda: I know I sound like a broken record, but I am telling you from experience if you have something you can't seem to control, you HAVE to get it out of your life permanently. I had not had a single regular soft drink in over 2 years and a couple months ago, I went out to lunch and had a coke and man I went down hill from there. I started buying them and drinking them again back up to where I was scarfing a 6 pack a day again. I just can't handle them and have to keep them totally out of my life. Now, like you can handle homemade, I can handle diet without binging on it so I would suggest having lower fat ingredients for homemade pizza on hand for when the urge hits and force yourself to get off the couch and make yourself one if you absolutely have to have one.

Ok, here is my sunny thought. Involves the dopey love of my life. Remember I told you he was taking the car in today because it still wasn't running right? Welllllll, he just called a few minutes ago and said it needed new spark plugs and that when he changed those things that go over the spark plugs a couple weeks ago, he threw out one of the new ones and put one of the old ones back on! :lol: Ya, gotta love him, he can take apart a computer or tv or anything electronic and fix it, but cars....... :lol: :lol: :lol: So, the mechanic did a nice thing. The diagnostic cost us $100 so he halved that and then charged us for the other part. At least my car is going to be working right again, yahoo and it is going to the fancy car wash when he gets home. I used to take it about every two weeks or so but with it running rough I haven't taken it in a long time. I want my beautiful car back! :lol:

Oh, I have a WTG and boy haven't had one of these in a long time. We went out to eat last night and instead of deep fried mushrooms and shrimp and fries and crap, I had some cold raw shrimp, grilled fish, rice and broccoli for dinner! I have never gone out to eat and really ate totally correctly. It is pretty awesome for me to be totally back on track again.

Gotta go and get breakfast. It is yogurt and fruit day for me. Everyone have a great weekend. (oh and because I was afraid my weight loss was going to disappear, I weighed myself this morning again just to make sure and lost another two lbs! ) :cb: :cb: :cb:

desertseatingoceans
01-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Hey girls!
Just wanted to check in real quick before I go get my job back at the park. Yesterday was awesome! I went to the mall and tried on clothes at American Eagle....and they fit!! This is huge for me! I have never once in my life been able to wear clothes that are targeted at my age group!! Oh and I am down another two pounds! I got a call from one of my friends/kind of boss from the park at like one in the morning and he was like...hopefully you'll get promoted. So I am hoping my high from yesterday continues today and things go well. Alright I gotta start heading my way over there.
Nikki

gma22
01-16-2005, 06:15 AM
SUNDAY: Today is SIlly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll this week is, do you now or have you ever had a nickname? Something given to you by classmates or parents, spouse or significant other....

Nikki: There is nothing better to get you going than a nice shopping trip where you find clothes to fit that didn't before. Glad you had a good time and hope things with work come out well for you.

As for the poll, my grandma always called me Donnie Say (Donna Faye), my mother however, never ever even called me Donna. She only called me Modonna and I have always hated that name. Don't forget I was a Beatles era girl so I got called Lady Madonna in jr high school and the guys always made a big deal of the "baby at your breast" thing. Junior High maturity you know! :lol: (Nikki, everyone here knows that I use my middle name because of a harrassment thing I had a couple years ago here)

I will check in later girls. We had a long day yesterday with getting the car fixed then shopping practically all day so I was pretty pooped by the end of the day. Neat thing is, I had a piece of toast for breakfast, a half of a half roast beef sub with lett tom and br must for lunch and a peanut butter sand for dinner. I was just too tired to eat much and glory hallelueh I wasn't even hungry! Such a miracle.

Everyone have a wonderful Sunday

Mirabelly
01-16-2005, 09:04 AM
Good morning ladies!

Well, yesterday was pretty much a bust...but it was my birthday, so who cares! I did eat pretty healthy, played games all day with friends, and they made me a small bundt cake from scratch...so there wasn't nearly the calories as one of those grocery store ones. Plus, I played around on her new elliptical trainer for a while...so I did get SOME exercise in :lol: The kids are finishing the last of the cake now, so I'm right back on track!

AND--my official new favorite snack is homemade dried apples! They are so sweet and tasty and since i make them myself, they have no preservatives or added sugars. DH is getting me one of those old-fashioned spiral apple peeler/corer thingies...it makes cutting those suckers so quick! I can core and slice an apple for the dehydrator in 2.2 seconds!!! BTW, if you haven't tried dehydrating stuff yourself, it's really easy and cheap! I make jerky when we go camping and the dried fruit is awesome (the dried stuff in the store is always loaded with extra sugar and chemicals that you don't need). You can get dehydrators at wallmart for like, $20.

So, I'm back to work on the book today, and I will get some exercise too.

Amanda--you have officially designated a trigger food.......congratulations! We all have 'em. Mine is pasta (a GUARANTEED 2 pound gain, no matter how little I eat) I can eat the sauces on ten pounds of veggies, as long as I don't put the noodles in. Oh, and cookies! I love cookies.........can't have em in the house. DOn't worry about it, and move on.

Nikki--Hope we hear good news about your job soon! And congrats on the clothes :cp:

Faye--Woo hooooo for you! :cp: :cheer: You are on a roll baby! Keep it up!

Everybody else have a super day!

Julie

desertseatingoceans
01-16-2005, 09:59 AM
Hey Yall
So I went to work yesterday...and I went through three different interviews for the promotion...it was nerve wracking...I wont know for another week or two if i got it, but everyone in my department (including the people I am going up against) seem to be really pulling for me to get this. AND last season I was dating this guy in a different department and I got to be friends with his supervisor and yesterday I ran into the sup. as I was waiting around for my next interview. So I was joking with him and I was like, so you're going to hook me up with a job right? and he was like..."yeah, I will actually, give me a call in about a week and a half." He was dead serious. The people in his dept make $4.25 more an hour than I made last season. sweet. It was really nice to see all the people I worked with again...it was like going back to school after summer vacation.
I have thousands of nicknames...nikki is one of them. Officer Nyx was a big one because my junior year in high school at the freshman orientation me and my friend dressed up like hall monitors and scared the mess out of the new kids. Beyond that the big ones are Nickster, Snickers, Nikathalia, Nickerbocker, Nick, basically if it has the "nic" sound in it anywhere Ive been called it...and my entire life people have sung "hey nikki youre so fine youre so fine you blow my mind hey nikki." to me thinking they were clever and orginal to switch Mickey out for nikki.
Julie-Sounds like you had a fun birthday!
Faye-You've really been on track lately!! Thats so awesome!!
Well girls, Im outta here. Have a great day!
Nikki

gma22
01-16-2005, 10:40 AM

Amanda :cp:

Nikki: Keeping my lots of :goodluck: thoughts for job promotions.

Julie: We are waiting with baited breath for that best seller so we can say we knew her when.....

Well, I went out at 7 am for my walk and froze to death this morning. Man was it ever chilly. I am used to this warm weather down here now and besides that, I have no winter coats and stuff anymore. I did wear gloves with my windbreaker but my fingers still got awfully cold. I got up at 4:30 AM, came downstairs and fed the animals, then cleaned the whole downstairs except for the vacuuming, got my walk in, watched SpiderMan II and ate some cheerios. Bought these triple berry ones and they are yummy. We are going to go out at noon and get Jack a haircut and try again to get my car washed. You should have seen it yesterday. They were backed up into the street!

I hope everyone has an enjoyable day today.

Amanda Panda
01-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Hi ladies,

Sorry I am not up to individual replies, I have the start of a migraine and must go and lie down. This is my second migraine in 8 days - I usually get them every couple of months. I'm having an eye test tomorrow to see if I need glasses and if maybe that is causing them.

Anyway, I had a much better day yesterday - 3 points. Completely back on track with the food and water.

Must go,

Love Amanda x

gma22
01-17-2005, 07:35 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is working out cravings. How do you deal with cravings? Each one of us has times where though we may not be hungry, our brain tells us we should eat and we start wandering the house finding something to graze on. The best thing to do when cravings hit, (and they do to all of us) is remove ourselves from the temptation. Go out for a walk, to the mall, to the library, to the park. Get out of the house and away from the food. Do not stop at a fast food or grocery from point a to point b though! :lol:

I had a 2 pter yesterday too much fat in the diet. I am already back on track though this morning, with no harm done. I am getting ready to lift some weights and then when it gets light go out and get my walk in.

Amanda: Migraines are really debilitating, I know, my daughter gets them. Hopefully, you eye doctor can find the problem and solve it for you though as they are a malady that is hard to cure. Hope you feel better soon.

Everyone else, have a very OP day!

Amanda Panda
01-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday - managed to do 35 mins on my exercise bike AND some hand weights - boy can I feel it today! The hand weights aren't that heavy, and felt fine when I was using them - but today I can feel a really deep ache in my sides, but it's a good ache!

I had my eyes tested today and I was right, I do need glasses. Apparantly I suffer from something called 'astigmatism', which is where the cornea is stretched in an oblong shape rather than the regular oval shape. It's fairly common and it is affecting my vision, particularly in my left eye, which could explain my headaches. Hopefully, glasses may cut down on the migraines aswell, although they are often caused by strip lighting, so I'll still get them. So I've got to save up my money for a while then get some glasses - it should only be a month before I can afford them. I could get some free ones on the NHS but I had a look at their frames and they are a bit naff! I'd rather save up and buy some cool ones!

After I've payed for my glasses, I've decided to save up and rejoin my old gym. I'm really missing it and I've been reading alot about how swimming is not the best activity for weight loss. This is because your metabolism slows down becuase you are in cold water and because of this swimming can also increase your appetite. I'm still going to go swimming as it is excellent for overall fitness, and is brilliant for toning all over - but I'd like to mix it with gym cardio and resistance work aswell.

NIKKI - I hope you get the promotion! It sounds promising, but you never know until you've got the definite 'yes' do you?

JULIE - Glad you had a good birthday!

FAYE - You are doing great with your walking - that will really help to shed those pounds before Vegas! How long have you got before your trip?

CARRI - Get on that treadmill! You won't be cold after a couple of miles on it!

SANDY - If anyone needs sleep, it's you! Remember to look after yourself!

Have a fine evening ladies!

Love Amanda x

gma22
01-17-2005, 03:34 PM
Amanda :bravo:
Faye :dancer:

Amanda: glad you found your problem! We are going to Vegas the end of Aug so I have time to get this fat off of me! :lol:

Just thought I would peek in. Sure is quiet here today

Mirabelly
01-18-2005, 07:46 AM
Morning everyone!

4 points yesterday! WOo hoooo. :dancer: I went cross country skiing AND taught dance class last night. Food was good too.

So, I got all the kids healthy and ready for school today, and darned if Sarah didn't go and eat something bad and throw up all night! Sheesh. So, now she's missing another day of school so she can sleep.

Ohwell, things could be worse!

everyone have a great day.
TTFN,
Julie

gma22
01-18-2005, 08:46 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is...Our January goal. We have two weeks left ladies to make our goals for the month. Let's knuckle down and make it happen!

Julie :bravo:
Carri :cp: :cp: :bravo:

No more 2 pt for me this week, it is 4 pts all the way. I am going to really work hard this week to get to 325.

I will check in with you all later

Faye

Sandybrat
01-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Hello Beautifuls.... well since its the start of a new year and a new me i am rededicating myself to south beach, and exercise... Its been a while since i have checked in... and thats not a good thing for me. But today is a new day and a new start for me. Its nice to know u are all doing well... and its even nicer to be back... love and happiness to u all....
Sandy

Satine
01-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Hi all ... Hope you all are well ... I had a hard time coming into work this morning after just having a three day weekend...I had 3 points on Friday, 3 points on Saturday, no points on Sunday - went over fat for day, and then 4 points for yesterday !! So 3 out of 4 isn't bad, huh? ha ha

Amanda - My trigger food is also pizza, I have been craving it severely for two weeks now...they have this place near us, Circle City Pizza, it is my all time favorite, sausage and pepperoni, extra cheese...and my mouth is watering just typing about it...so I know what you mean, I would do what I do and just stay away period...

Sandybrat - Great to hear from you, good luck and keep coming back !!

Julie - Cross country ski-ing? Great exercise - my butt and thighs hurt just thinking about it... :lol: Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Faye - Good luck with the 4 pointers, I know you can get to 325 this week!!!

Well I better get back to work, it is freezing here today, high in the teens yesterday and not much warmer today...what a winter!!! Of course my gas bill has been lovely...well talk to you all later!!!

Amanda Panda
01-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Hi all,

4 points for me yesterday! Had a realy bad nights sleep last night and consequently am not having a good day today. I just feel really low and exhausted.

I don't think I'm going to reach my Jan target - I'm trying my best, but the weight just isn't shifting as fast as I would like! I've always struggled with slow weight loss - probably because of my meds. I figure as long as my weight is going down then I am happy! I am also seriously thinking about weighing monthly - say after my TOM each month. My weight seems to fluctuate so much and i get disheartenedif it doesn't show a loss, but it should all even out if I just weigh once a month. I'll weigh this Friday as it will be my first weigh in after TOM, then leave it a month (if I can be that disciplined!)

HI SANDY B - nice to see you back! Hope everything is fine with you.

Love Amanda x

gma22
01-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Afternoon girls!

Julie: You have had a round of it with your kids the last couple weeks. I rarely had my 2 sick at the same time, thank goodness. My problem, was getting sick myself and having no one to take care of the kids because Jack was out to sea. I had to really watch who I got around etc so I stayed healthy.

SandyB: It is great to see you back. We have missed you and hope you will be back more often posting.

Carri: Great job, girl! You are getting back in the stride of things.

Amanda: You gave me an 8 lbs goal loss for the month. What I would suggest if you feel you are really giving it your all is finishing out the month and seeing where you stand, then cut back one lb only for Feb goal. 2 lbs a week is a recommended weight loss, but you may have to go slower or talk to your dr about why you aren't losing. Make sure it is not thyroid problems or something like that, water retention can be a problem too. May need a diuretic to take care of that.

I have my water, weights and walking in and am doing well with my food today so I should be 4 pts today.

I cleaned my upstairs today and now have a sore throat from the dumb chemicals I use in the tub, that I inhaled I guess. I try really hard not to do that and have only found one product that will remove the ring Jack puts in the tub and that is Kaboom. It is supposedly safe, but it smells and that tells me it has some side effects so you have to be careful. It is just scratchy throat and I am trying not to clear my throat to irritate it more. Just a nuisance! :lol:

Everyone have a great afternoon!

desertseatingoceans
01-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Hello ladies!
I still havent heard about my job promotion...but Im not suprised...I dont think that I am going to hear from them til next week because secondary interviews are going on all this week...i just happened to have mine in the same day as my first interview. I am still getting calls from people that are already in the position i applied for and they keep my spirits up because they seem to think that the job is mine.
Today was a good day. Basically thus far in my "weight loss adventure" I have not really done anything...I was hoping that since I didnt consiously do anything to lose the first 40 or so pounds...I could just not do anything and lose all this weight. I know that weightloss is extremely challenging...and extremely rewarding...so I am starting over. One day at a time. I have to work for this if i want it. I cleared off my treadmill and ran tonight. I had forgotten how much I love running. So my goal for this week is 185.

gma22
01-19-2005, 07:57 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. It is gripe day girls!

I will check back in a little later. I got 4 pts yesterday, barely

Satine
01-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Morning All, before do I ever have a gripe, started my TOM this morning and have crazy cramps!!! :( So I may not be weighing in this week like some of you last week...but we will see ...

3 pointer yesterday, still freezing cold here, should be getting some snow for the next few days the weatherman says, but not much accumulation thank God...I still need to get to work unfortunately :lol:

Well I don't have time for individual replies, I am at work and very busy, talk to you all later, have a great day!!

gigglez
01-19-2005, 11:51 AM
Morning or afternoon not really sure which it is today.

Seems that everyone has been getting jiggy with it.

Amanda, glad that you have found your trigger. Mine is stress and depression. I do not discrimate on the food as long as I am stressed or depressed I nibble. I have been really good at not letting myself to that until today. I had some reesee's peices but oh well it is over with and I am going back op from that.

Faye, have your tried the works on your bath. All you have to do is spray and leave. Come back later and rinse. There is a smell on the toilet bowel cleaner but the tub isn't that bad. The scents do get to me as well so I have found that spraying and comming back later is best for me.

Carri, TOM I feel for you. I guess that I am lucky not to have to go thru that anymore. I also now that it is easier said than done to feel better. Hopefully those nasty cramps will leave soon.

Julie, girl I think that you should open a hosptial instead of doing the book. LOL!!!! Seriously I do hope that your dd gets better soon.

Sandy, welcome back.. Glad that you have found yourway back!

Nikki, hold tight....remember that good things come to those who wait.

Now I have a woe..........RIchard........I have tried and tried to get thru to him that it is my house and my rules........I have only asked very little of him(help out around the house and to watch his mouth around Corey. Last night I come home to find that he has taken my modem out of my puter and put it into his. I told that he should have at least aked me first out of consideration but he told me that he didn't think that seeing how it wasn't going to hurt anything he didn't need to be considerate. Then I went on to remind him that he didn't like for anyone to mess with his puter and that he went and changed the password on his would he like for me to do the same on mine....seeing how he needs mine to dial out. His puter was made w/o a modem and he is about to get me to the point that I either change the password to connect and set the connection wizzard to prompt for the password or totally change the password all together. Last night I told him that we needed 5 mins to talk and he gave me anbout 2 min and then blew it off. I told him that we need to talk tonight. I have already made up my mind if he is unwilling to talk then his backside will be thrown out in the cold and snow as of tonight. I have told him repatedly that it is my house and I did not deserve to be disrespected in my own house. OK rambled on long enough. Hence the reason for the candy earlier. Before that I was doing great. Later.

sandy

Mirabelly
01-19-2005, 12:03 PM
Hi Ladies!
Real quick, cuz I'm busy busy today....

4 points for me yesterday! Only because I lugged in wood for the fire for 20 minutes. Today is going well, and I have dance class tonight....

Nikki--hang in there! You'll hear about your promotion soon. And you're right, the first half of a major weight loss can happen without alot of work, but the second half you really have to make a conscious effort...at least that's how it is with me!

SandyB--It's great to have you back! One day at a time, girly, you can do it.

Amanda--don't you give in, sweetie! Slow and steady is just fine....don't get depressed just cuz it's not coming off fast enough!

SandyG--Stay strong with that man! You don't deserve that kind of crap!!

Faye, Carrie, everybody :wave:

TTFN,
Julie

gma22
01-19-2005, 12:15 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :bravo:
Fasye :bravo:
Carri :cp:

Carri: Don't work too hard today and stay warm. At least it warmed up here today and I didn't freeze my boobies off like yesterday(I walk with a sweatshirt and jacket and no bra! Ahhh, such freedom) :lol:

SandyG: Boy, you are right. You need to lay it on the line to him big time and bounce his heiny if he continues this crap. It is always dicey to take someone in that you know can possibly be a problem, but you do it out of the goodness of your heart then they take advantage. It took bi cojones to take out your modem though. Tell him he can get one for less than $50 at Bestbuy or less than that on Ebay and to leave your computer the heck alone. Isn't it sad so many of us EAT when stress hits us. Me, I usually clean! :lol:

Julie: How is your dd? Back to normal now? Good job on pts

Nikki: Hang in there. Bosses always take their sweet time getting around to make decisions about job promotions. I am sure you will get it though.

Everybody have a great day today!

desertseatingoceans
01-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Good afternoon ladies!
I for once dont have a complaint to ramble on about. I got up this morning and went for a jog...I had only gotten about half a mile when I got a bad side stitch..so i slowed to a fast walk for the rest of the time. in the future I need to make sure that I am stretched and hydrated enough. I am determined to have a 4 point day today...i must avoid impulse snacking. I got this.
Julie-good job on points!
Sandy-I have had some pretty disrespectful people stay in my house..and the bottom line is..it is your house, you are doing him a favor, and if he cant respect you and your things, then the living arrangement should be reconsidered.
Carri-Hope the cramps let up...those suck. congrats on the 3 pointer!
Faye-Another 4 pointer! You have been on quite a roll lately!
anyways...i gotta get outta here and get my kitchen cleaned up.
Nikki

Amanda Panda
01-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Hi all,

I got just the 1 point yesterday for water - I went a bit over my calories, but don't worry it wasn't a pizza or anything! ;) I have decided that you are all right and I am just going to completely stop having takeaway pizza! If I really want a pizza then I will make my own, or buy one from a supermarket - but from now on, I do not eat takeaway pizza!

FAYE - Hope your sore throat clears up soon. Thanks for your advice about my weight loss - I suppose I am just preparing myself for not reaching my target. Obviously the pizza incident was not helpful, but other than that I have been doing well. I'm going to sit down and have a good hard look at what I am eating - I know for a fact that I am eating too much bread, and while I am within my calorie allowance, bread can bloat you out. I did have my thyroid checked 2 or 3 years ago - my mum has an underactive thyroid - but it was fine then. I know it is something that can come on at anytime - so I'll wait and see how things go for a bit.

CARRI - You are right about avoiding pizza completely. I got this book on NLP (neuro linguistic programming) and I've tried to set my mind to associate takeaway pizza with a blender full of eyeballs and feathers! I'm not sure if it has worked, although my stomach does feel a little quesy when I think about the eyeballs!

NIKKI - You have done well to lose 40lb - how did you do it? You are right that things may need to be a bit structured from now on. Don't worry about the stitch, it is completely normal if you haven't run for a while - don't try too much too soon, it is better to build up slowly.

SANDY G - Sorry about your problems with Richard - I bet you remember why you are not with him now! He is out of order and being disrespectful in your home. I hope you manage to sort things out. I too always turn to food when I am feeling low and stressed - the food is nearly always pizza or cheese sandwiches! Don't worry about some candy - justget straight back on track.

JULIE - Hope dd is better now! Well done for getting your exercise in!

SANDY B - Hope the start of South Beach is going well for you!

Love Amanda x

gigglez
01-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Real quick note here..........I did great during lunch and even resisted a candy bar!! YEAH for me!

Sandybrat
01-19-2005, 09:36 PM
Hi Beautifuls... did well yesterday and today as well... woke up and shoveled the walkway... then did my yoga... then shoveled the patio... had a great day food wise and exersice wise... and i am just finishing up the water for the day... thanks for the warm welcome back all... just a quick one tonite as its bed time for the bonzos... talk to u all tomorrow...
take care of u!
Sandy

gma22
01-20-2005, 06:32 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Be good to yourself today so you can be good to others.

POINTS WRAPUP:

Amanda :flow2:

back in later gals

Mirabelly
01-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Hi everybody!

3 points yesterday, not enough water.
Went and had my 1st "yearly" appt. in about 6 years today. Yay me.

DD is all better now, and thrilled to be back in school! Me too ;)

Hope everyone has a great day! I have to go shovel snow before I pick up Ben. Hey, it's so warm today! Yesterday I woke up and it was -22! Sposed to get cold again tonight though. Better bring in some more firewood too.

Bye!
Julie

Sandybrat
01-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Morning all... got my water in yesterday so 4 for me... i wike up feeling not quite right... sinuses and stuffy... so im taking it easy this morning.. if i feel up to it later i will do the WATP tape. otehr wise i am just counting my cleaning as exercise...lol I hope all is well with all of u... will check in later... also.. i cant seem to get the weight loss tracker thing to work for me... can someone tell me like u would tell a 5 year old?? lol hopefully that will help!

TTFN!! take care of YOU!

Sandy

gma22
01-20-2005, 11:02 AM

SandyB :bravo:
Julie :cp:
Carri :cp:

Hope everyone is having a good day. I did my weights and got out and walked this morning. It is warming up here for a couple days then supposed to get cold again. Looks like the inaugauration is cool but not cold. I have seen freezing cold temps where you see the breath of everyone and driving rain and snow even. I always feel sorry for whomever is being inaugaurated to have to stand out there freezing or whatever. I can't remember whose was in the driving rain and here were Secret Service trying to keep the Prez dry and practically getting blown away. That was a nasty one.

SandyB: I am not sure I could be any help to you regarding your tracker. I just followed what the instructions said and it came up alright.

I am going to go and get showered. You all behave yourselves today!

Faye ;)

Satine
01-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Morning All
Still freezing cold here...got another 3 pointer yesterday, I have never been so bloated in all my life from this TOM...cramps are actually worse today since it is the first full day but oh well what are you gonna do - happens every month !! :lol:

Julie - You didnt have a check up for six years? :D I have to have one every year since I am on the pill ... in fact I think I have to go back in Feb, ughhhh

Nikki - I know how you feel, my first 47 pounds came off quickly and with little exercise...this time around these last 45-50 seem to be coming off slower, I guess I am going to have to exercise with these pounds :lol: :lol:

Amanda - Eyeballs and feathers? I was thinking more along the line of rat intestines and mustard ... so kidding ... gross, huh??

Faye - No bra does sound freeing, I only get that opportunity at night...good job on getting out in the cold and walking, I am a baby about cold, do not handle it well...

Sandy and Sandy - Hi girls, hope you have a good day !!

Talk to everyone later !!!

desertseatingoceans
01-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Hey yall
Today is not so good. My brother has been sick and i think it finally caught up to me. Pretty much all yesterday and even worse today i have felt really bad. I skipped my run this morning, but i thought maybe some fresh air (well as fresh as can be with all the smog and pollution) would help me feel better, so I went for a walk at the park next to my neighborhood. It didnt really help anything...so now im all for laying around in bed all day.
Nikki

Amanda Panda
01-20-2005, 03:52 PM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday.

I've had a review of my diet and whilst I am very pleased with the changes I have made so far, I have identified a few areas for improvement! I'm going to cut back on the bread and gradually reduce my portion sizes. There are a few other little things too which I am sure will all help.

SANDY B - Sorry, can't help with the ticker - just start again and It'll probably sort itself out. I always copy the 'BB code' - don't know if that helps.

Ooooh yes, I must tell you that I have found the wedding dress I want! It is by a specialist designer based in London and is not cheap, but who wants a cheap wedding dress? ;) :lol: I am so excited about it and it it is great motivation for me. It is just over the knee in length, so I'll need to have shapely calves! I'm going to get Nigel to help me to post a picture of it for you all to see - so watch this space!

Have a nice evening

Love Amanda x

gigglez
01-21-2005, 12:25 AM
Evening everyone!

Amanda, I am thrilled that you have found a wedding dress that you love. When I got married the first time I had mine mafe for me. My cousin and I desgined it. The good thing is that I lost weight and it was a little too big!

Nikki, sorry to hear that you are sick. But you are doing the right thing in taking a day to rest.

Today have been a day spent running errands before work and before I knew it I didn't take time to exercise but I have walked over 2 miles today at work so I am letting myself off on feeling guilty. Eating has been good until I came home tonight. Nothing fixed for dinner and really wasn't hungry til I had to take some pain meds(endo flair up!) and I had to put something in my stomach but hey it will be alright tomorrow is another day. I have finally learned not to feel guilty which is the break that will help me the most. Rambled on long enough catch everyone later.

sandy

gma22
01-21-2005, 06:46 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Ok, girls, I want to see some losses this week and bring that ticker down!

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS WRAPUP:

Amanda: I bet you are excited about your wedding gown! My grandmother made my gown and I still have the gown, but my train got ruined. It was all satin. Course I got married during the dark ages..... :lol:

no lbs loss for me this week, but I have had food struggles this week. I am going to do better this next week. I had a 2 pt yesterday.

later

Sandybrat
01-21-2005, 09:19 AM
hello all... i will just keep trying the ticker thingy...lol figures... Im going on vacation today... need a weekend to myself.... and i am so looking forward to it... i need to pack and get ready too...lol did alright yesterday... 3 points... u all ahve a great weekend.. i will check back on monday... take care of u !!
Sandy

gigglez
01-21-2005, 09:49 AM
Really quick here this morning. Finally got around to using the ticker I used the weight that I was when I started this journey long ago.....This helps me see where I was at......making myself know that there is no way that I want to go back there! This year I started out at 208........few weeks ago I was down 3 and yeah drum roll I am down 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk bout feeling good in my neighborhood! Snow day here so I am getting ready to go and pick up my boy from granny's and see what we can do today! Everyone have a great day!

sandy

gma22
01-21-2005, 11:12 AM

SandyB :cp:

TO BOTH SANDYS: If you want to participate in our goal challenges, this is what I need. I think we should wait for you to give me your month goal until Feb, but I need 6 month goal and year goal. I will add your year goal to our group tickler, then every Friday, will put in how much the group has lost that week. Hopefully by the end of the year, we will be at zero.

You guys, I am so grossed out. I have told you the ongoing problems with the neighbors next door throwing food onto our deck. Also, the problem a fe months ago where I saw a rat run out from under the concrete of the garage. I went out to clean up Fortune's poo and found a dead rat right up next to the condo. I am really really rodent phobic and can't even bear to look at it let alone clean it up so am going to have to wait for Jack, but I am not happy about the fact that they are possibly up close to the house and it has to be because those scum next door drop food. I am thinking about putting a note in their mailbox telling them I found a dead rat right up next to the condo and am afraid it is because the kids or someone from their condo is throwing food onto my deck instead of putting it in the trash. I am going to tell them I am contacting the management company and letting them know what I found. What do you think? I literally can't stand thinking about going outdoors now and am going with my dd today to take dgs to Chucky Cheese.

Everyone have a great day

Mirabelly
01-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Okay, wait.....Faye, you're rodent-phobic, found a dead rat, and are taking your gs to CHUCK E.CHEESE??? :dizzy: :lol: :lol3:

Sorry, that just amused the crap outta me!

I know you're a neat freak and all, love, but this time of year ALL the rodentia tries to get inside where it's warm. It's very common to have mice & rats in the walls/basement/foundation, etc. in the winter. It might not be the neighbors, might just be the weather. I'm only saying that because I know how you get all riled up about the neighbors and why instigate a fight if it's not their fault (this time! :) ) Then again, maybe it is their fault.....just food for thought, so to speak :D

Okay, this week sucked...no pounds down, and it's cuz I'm stressing about the book! I mailed out my first query to an agent today. I'll be sending more to agents and publishers in the next week. It's really nerve-wracking! And I'm eating too much and not exercising.....bad Julie!

Anyway, I"ll try to do better.........no, I WILL do better next week. Sandy, CONGRATS on your pounds down!!! :cp: :dancer: :flow1: :flow2: It must feel so good after all you're going through right now. Keep it up!

Gotta get going....everyone have a great weekend!

Julie

Satine
01-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Afternoon All ... well as you know I am on my TOM so I didn't expect any loss but I was down a pound, I know if I was not on this stupid thing it would have been more but at least it was one ... I had 3 points yesterday.

Faye - That is really gross, I would soooooooooooo hate that...I know where you are coming from, I have had my share of careless, thoughtless, disrespectful neighbors and I feel for you, I do...hope you can nip it in the bud by going to them or leaving a letter. I always go directly to the neighbors for any problem...do not let it stew and bother you more, talk to them about it...hope you had fun with dd and dgs at lunch today... :)

Sandy/Gigglez - WTG on the 5 pds down this week, GREAT job !!!!!

Amanda - Glad you found the perfect wedding dress, I pulled mine out the other day and laughed at the size, size 8 !! And back then I thought that was huge!! Now I would go nuts to be a size 12!! Well now you have even more motivation, get to it Girl !!! :lol: :lol:

Julie, Sandy, Nikki and everyone !!! Have a great weekend...it is supposed to snow alot this weekend in my area, they are saying 5-8 inches so my dh and I are renting some movies tonight, going to the grocery ( not for bread and milk, ha ) and staying in for the weekend...later!!

Amanda Panda
01-21-2005, 04:46 PM
Hi gal pals,

I got 4 points yesterday - had a 30 minute walk AND 30 mins on the exercise bike! :faint: And today, I'm set for another 4 pointer - I've just got off the exercise bike - I wasn't really in the mood but I pictured my wedding dress and it really motivated me! Do you think I would be mad if I emailed the designer and asked if she had any photo's or brochures containing this dress. I haven't got a colour printer so there is no point me printing it out - so i have to keep going to her website to have a look. I think it will really help me if I have a colour picture of it (it's white & pink) that i can keep in my diet journal - real motivation!

I lost 1lb this week - still puts me way behind on my monthly goal, but I have to remember 'pizzagate' at the end of last week! I think I did well to eat 3 pizzas and still show a loss the following week! I also think that my body is so used to me going on a diet for 5 or 6 weeks, then giving up, that it doesn't take much notice to begin with - and it's when I've stuck to it for 6-8 weeks (with NO pizza) it will realise that I'm not kidding, and will start to lose weight more consistently. The body is very intelligent - that's what I think anyway!

FAYE - I'll tell you what I did when my neighbours kept waking me up at 4am with loud music. I was absolutely FURIOUS :mad: and it was on SO loud that they couldn't hear me banging on their front door to tell them to turn it off! This was probably a blessing in disguise as I would have got in a HUGE row with them and they were obviously very drunk so it could have turned nasty.So I wrote them a note - the first one was really angry and sarcastic, but i kept rewriting it and rewriting it as I gradually calmed down, until eventually it was assertive, but was quite gentle. They were REALLY apologetic after and i think it helped not to antagonise them. How about popping a note through saying you have noticed that there have been some rats around and could you both be extra vigilant about rubbish?

JULIE - Good luck with looking for an agent - make sure you don't get ripped off by someone asking for money to publish your book for you.

SANDY G - Woooo-hooo you on the 5lb down - I bet that feels gooooooooood!

CARRI - Have a nice weekend hibernating and snuggling up with your dh!

SANDY B - Have a lovely weekend break and well done on fixing your tracker - now you just have to go through the same thing every time you lose weight! :rollpin:

NIKKI - feel better soon sweetie!

Love Amanda x

gma22
01-21-2005, 05:04 PM
POINTS AND LBS DOWN:

Amanda :bravo: :goodscale
Carri :cp: :goodscale

Thanks for everything ladies. I was still pretty peeved, but went about it another way. For one thing, I have tried and tried and tried with these neighbors to get through to them and nothing has so far. I called the management company that handles anything "outdoors" that has to do with the condominiums and talked to the property manager. She told me how to go about getting traps set for the rodents (the management company is sending someone out to do it) AND she said she would send a letter out to the neighbors indicating a problem with rodents and to keep food and garbage picked up and in the trash cans so I can only hope.

julie: You are really really funny you know that???? Actually, I sit in the booth and eat garbage pizza so don't interact with the mouse! :lol:

I am not just mouse and rat phobic, I freak out at any rodent style animals even squirrels, chipmunks, gerbils and guinnea pigs. My grandson told me today that if I bought him a rat for his birthday (which is in June) that when I came over he would put it in the vasement. :lol: First of all, they don't have a "vasement" and he told me the attic is the vasement at their house! :lol: He always puts it all in perspective

Gotta go

desertseatingoceans
01-22-2005, 02:22 AM
Hey all!
I am feeling much better!! Today was not so good with the eating...my best friend just got back from mexico and insisted that we have some "true american eats" so she drove straight to Jack in the Box. I also didnt drink much water...and didnt excercise. It happens to the best of us, right?! On a better note...I am down a pound.
Faye-If you are afraid of rodents, you would HATE my house. I still have a mouse and a rescued gerbil from Psychology projects I had in high school! They're completely harmless...and know how to get through a maze! I hope the neighbor/rat situation gets cleared up soon!
Amanda-I dont think its that your body is used to you giving up after 5 or 6 weeks. Your body has a set weight that it is used to being at...even if it is an unhealthy one...so when you start dieting and excercising your body doesnt know you want to lose weight...it just konws that something is wrong, and it thinks it is supposed to stay at the set weight...so your metabolism will actually slow itself down to try and counter act the diet. That is why the majority of people actually gain weight or stay the same when they first start trying to lose weight. You've got to give your body time to adjust.
Sandy G-Congrats on the loss!!
I gotta run!
Nikki

gma22
01-22-2005, 07:17 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #95