South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 07:50 AM   #1  

Default Why is this Phase III???

I read my green SBD book every month just to refresh my memory and keep me on track; I was skimming through the Phase 3 recipes and I'm so stumped..

What makes these Phase 3 rather than things I could make in Phase 2? I'll use these examples as specifics...

Cinnamon Surprise
1/4 Cup Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
1 slice multigrain bread
dash cinnamon

Spread cottage cheese on bread and sprinkle with cinnamon.. broil until bubbly

Why is that Phase 3? The only thing I could come up with was the multigrain bread... if it said specifically "whole wheat" would that make it Phase 2?

And, this one..

Lime-Baked Fish
1/2 lb fresh fish fillets
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon tarragon leaves
1/4 cup chopped green onion tops

i won't type out all the directions..

Did I miss something? I thought we could cook with lime and lemon juice I'm not even near starting Phase 3, but when I read through those they made me think I didn't understand this diet as much as I thought...

- - - - - - - - -
And one random question, a friend asked me about eating regular guacamole.. (since I hate it) is it SBD friendly at all, if so.. Phase 2 right? I don't even know what's in it, I'm THAT sheltered
Old 01-13-2005, 09:52 AM   #2  

Basic guacamole is avacados, garlic, and lime juice. Many people add sour cream and/or tomatoes. If used sparingly, I'm guessing it counts as Phase I. Used the way most people eat it - by the bucket! - it's probably more like Phase II/III (or phase 1,343,523 if you're a real Guac fiend!)
Closed Thread